Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Especially Escada Escada for women

Especially Escada Escada for women
dislike

I have it: 380 I had it: 118 I want it: 362 My signature: 14

Especially Escada Escada for women Pictures Especially Escada Escada for women Pictures Especially Escada Escada for women Pictures Especially Escada Escada for women Pictures

Especially Escada is a new women's fragrance from the design house of Escada, described as delicious, luxurious and purely feminine, designed for playful, spontaneous and glamorous women of today. The perfume was conceived as an ode to good mood, joy, positive vibrations and strength. Supermodel Bar Rafaeli was chosen to embody this image.

The sophisticated and velvety soft compositions is built around sparkling rose agreement. Rose, dewy and fresh, occupies the heart of the fragrance, mixed with watery accords of morning dew and sensual ylang-ylang flowers. Top notes of pear and ambrette seed also contribute to its freshness, while developing into the background of light musky tones.

The package design is described as a luxurious balance of contemporary and classical elements, characterized by clean lines and forms, gold stopper with the logo and deep pink colors. Especially Escada is available as Eau de Parfum in bottles of 30, 50 and 75 ml and the additional 150 ml body lotion and 150 ml shower gel. Especially Escada was launched in 2011.

Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Pear

Tentación de Rosas

Especially Escada Fragrance Reviews

Chiquis
Chiquis

To me this smells like hair that hasn't been shampooed in three days so it's greasy and oily, yet has styling products in it. This is an odd scent in my opinion- greasy hair with hair gel or mousse

Luicachen
Luicachen

i really like this perfume, it reminds me a spring morning, very fresh and clean.

Pinot Noir
Pinot Noir

even so I´m more on the fruity scents, this rose one definitely got me! it´s warm and delicate, and the development is really nice...late spring evening in one bottle!

wow!especially escada reminds me of crimson roses in our garden after spring rain.it starts beautifully with mouth watering pear and soon goes on with sensual fresh crimson roses and ends up with a deep musky smell.
especially Escada is very different from other fruity perfumes of the company(though I like almost all of them too).this one is more grown up and has a classic edge.it's sweet and sour at the same time,but still the most dominant note is rose.I think it would be the best choice for a garden party or tea party in spring.highly recommended for young girls with classy tastes.

lepalm
lepalm

This is such a pretty, fresh, clean, uplifting fragrance. It's not something I would have bought for myself but I really appreciated my sample bottle. The sillage is very weak and longevity is not good on my skin but I'm glad I got to try it out. Aquatic rosy pear. Very pretty.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this, and its on my rotation of scents for this hot weather right now..fresh and summery but sexy on me...goes toe to toe with my versace bright crystal for favs

katuliena
katuliena

oh, I love this fragrance so much. It is fresh, but the freshness is mild, airy and without citrusy sharpness. I detect pear, rose and notes that I didnt smell before. Could be ambrette seeds. To me this is special fragrance and makes me feel very feminine
EDIT I usually apply fragrance in my hair. And this one lasts 4 hours which is not bad, because all of my fragrances (floral-fruity type) have no great lasting power.
With this fragrance get compliments very often. LOVE IT

JeanieJeanie
JeanieJeanie

Yes, I wanted to love this because I love the pretty bottle so much. But the bright pink should have been a hint that this is a scent for girls/teenagers. It is pretty, not cheap smelling, like many "young" fragrances, but, alas, it starts with a sweet-to-sour floral, then for just a whiff becomes "fresh" but quickly dries down to a boring musk. I think my two teenage daughters would be all in with the flowers-to-musk deal, but not me. I need something more peppery, bold, and with a smooth (but not musk-powder) finish. I guess "Especially Escada" might be okay for a grown woman for work or for a summer day, but it's not interesting enough to make me want use it as a "signature" scent or for a special night out with my husband.
I will keep trying.

Christina0065
Christina0065

This is such a very beautiful fragrance!! I am so in love with this scent! It is very feminine and just makes me feel so womanly when I wear it! :) I am not a huge rose fan either, but the combination of these notes are perfect and it's not an overpowering old lady rose scent, but a beautiful light combination.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

It is fresh and flirty. Romantic and cheerful. Not sweet as usual Escada, but still a bit too sweet for me.

Beef1
Beef1

Fresh, flirty scent. Fruity but not too sweet like many Escadas summer parfumes are. I can smell pear and rose scent too but rose scent is not so powerful. My spouse like this one :)

HollyBiani

I have to review this again. I think I could love this dewy scent if I sprayed a ton of it. Very nice and refreshing with a very nice interpretation of rose. LOVE. I normally like the monsters.

HollyBiani

Very dewy and fresh being the heart of the fragrance, mixed with watery accords sensual ylang-ylang flowers. Not too strong but lasts.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

A musky rosewater-like scent that is perfectly fine, and yet I feel there are other perfumes out there along the same lines that bring a lot more to the table and have better longevity and sillage.

Eirlys
Eirlys

I received a sample of this a while ago and one time decided to finally try it, and I was pleasantly surprised, I had never heard of Escada before, and the scent Especially Escada is beyond gorgeous.

It is a very fresh scent with hints of floral. Very pleasant and it uplifts my mood every time I wear it. It's like spring in a bottle without the very heavy floral notes. I think this perfume very work-appropriate too, because it's nice and pleasant without screaming that I'm wearing a perfume. With this, I think the compliments would be "you smell nice" and not "your perfume smells nice," but the scent is still very very beautiful.

Longevity is average for me, probably 3-4 hours, but the bottle itself is gorgeous, the light pink liquid suits the gold cap perfectly. I might buy this perfume if I finish the current bottle, but for now, it is a very gentle scent to have.

This is a lovely summer scent. It's floral and full of rose. Usually I am the person who is not impressed by rose notes but in this one the rose note is quite good and light.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

This isn't your grandmother's rose scent, it's like fresh roses after spring rain. I got a sample from Sephora and I can't stop sniffing myself.

Also even my husband's peculiar sense of smell gets roses on this one.

gaz525
gaz525

Lovely musky rose scent. Neither amazing or unpleasant, sweet but not too much. Just a nice young perfume

malinkin
malinkin

I think it smells as a veeeery cheap perfume, sillage is really synthetic, as if it was bought on sale in a supermarket.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Correio de Amanda
Correio de Amanda

Yuck! It smells like a synthetic detergent.

Eca! Cheira a detergente!

artsyrn
artsyrn

This is the first Escada fragrance I was impressed with enough to purchase, and boy am I happy I did. This is just lovely juice! I find it sexy, youthful, atmospheric,and faintly sweet.The rose in this is a gentle modern mixture combined with just a hint of pear and IMO lasts and projects a decent amount.Delicious.

Repeat.Lynn
Repeat.Lynn

Well I put it on Today..new bottle just bought..taking it back....too strong floral..for me..and developed a headache..lets hope I can return it.. I do love the Lady Gaga..

lat
lat

So I was given a sample. Pleasant at first - rose and aquatics. Staying power for EDP is laughable - it's been half an hour and I need to bury my nose in my wrist to be able to smell anything.
No drydown, no sillage, nothing. Maybe Escada should stick to what they do best - creating overpowering sickly sillage monsters that work for some people brilliantly.

Ttirem3
Ttirem3

I love this scent--it's fresh and the rose comes through with a slightly aquatic undertone--yum!

misstierra05
misstierra05

I'm wearing a sample of this that I got from Sephora and it is so lovely! This smells so beautiful and refreshing on me. I absolutely love this scent so much. I'm in search of finding replacements and alternatives to my all-time favorite Promesse. Although, both scents don't smell alike they give off the same vibe with my chemistry :)

As of 2/7/14, I decided to go with the lighter version of this which is called Delicate Notes, it's pretty much the same scent with the same vibe, just lighter and more airy, which I love. I will be stocking up on this for sure since I have a feeling it may be discontinued in the near future.

Lausal2328
Lausal2328

Fresh modern rose scent, moderate longevity and sillage, soft and pleasant. Will be a safe fragrance to buy blindly or foe a gift.

ros.aini
ros.aini

my first blind buy..however not too regret. beautiful scent but no last..

kadinurr
kadinurr

Up-to-date rose scent. Very clean and new (new like pack of unused paper or card).

liiva
liiva

In first minute I was thinking- oh no, once more rose! That is too boring!!!
I do not like rose if she is very pointed. But then a rose somewhere was hidden. And this scent start to be strong and sharp. I do not know what is it. Because I can not see nothing very sharp in Perfume Pyramid.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

One of top 5 best perfumes I ever had.

Fathiya555
Fathiya555

fresh, clean and very sweet, great for summer mornings...

It's so nice to find at least one Escada fragrance that isn't hell bent on smelling like tropical fruits or a gourmand. Especially Escada is a really pleasant, soft floral.

I'll admit that it's not the most innovative fragrance out there, but it is more than just a typical crowd pleaser. I find it to be both delicate and feminine on the skin, even at times a little creamy.

The rose note in Especially Escada is more soapy than it is natural. I would disagree with those that say it is dewy and fresh. The entire composition smells clean, powdery and sweet. If anything, it smells a lot like a ylang ylang scented shower gel I used a few years ago, perhaps made by Lux.

I must say, I love the packaging for Especially Escada. The hot pink and gold combination is really eye-catching, always managing to grab my attention whilst browsing the fragrance department. This is a good marketing strategy from Escada.

Especially Escada is still relatively overpriced in Australia, particularly in our main department stores. If this fragrance would only go down in price, I think we'd see some more fans. I do like Especially Escada, but I sure ain't prepared to pay over $40 to own it.

maźka1984
maźka1984

When I saw Especially - I thought it is pink and rosy perfume -again and boring. I would add that I was looking for something spring. Crossed the shelf between Dior, Chanel, Gucci, etc and looked at Escada and...That's it! Captivating, unique, incredibly feminine and sexy. My husband also shared my enthusiasm. Escada positively surprised me. I was afraid to a little bit this rose, but thanks to water notes smell is not the one rose dominated. I do not feel pear. The ambrette seeds? I've never heard of, but they can make the smell is so beautiful and unique, you want to smell it and smell ...Cute bottle :)

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

This perfume was personally presented to me from a sephora Perfumist / Beauty Consultant Ms.Loretta. She said My Personality matched up to this specific fragrance called Especially Escada Perfume. However the bottle should be relabled as Eau de toilette as lasting power is really just 2 hours when sprayed on the skin of pulse point on wrist ( lasts 8 hours longer when sprayed onto clothes) lasting power seriously does not even come close to benefit so hooked on carmella eau de toilette. The perfume bottle and gold cap is truly a work of luxury artwork.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Got this as a carded sample from a generous Fragrantican, and figured I'd give it a whirl. I do like the smell of roses, and was intrigued by the combination with musk and ambrette. This isn't something I'd buy, so it was fun to try. It's a very simple fragrance, very linear--it did not change much at all on my skin. The rose and musk aspect is similar to Lovely and Narcisco Rodriguez for Her--only without the smokey patchouli, so it doesn't get as dark as those 2 can get. It is a very light fragrance and seems to sit fairly close to the skin--I don't think it is projecting much, but I could be wrong. There is a sweetness that I think is coming from the pears and the ambrette; not a syrupy, sugary candy sweetness, but the smell of full-blown flowers just before they spoil. I think that could also be coming from the ylang-ylang, which can get a little intense; they are also lending a bit of a tropical feel (almost like Bora Bora by LC).

It's spring, and in the 80's at the moment; I'm freshly showered, in a sundress and getting ready for a cookout with some friends. This is the perfect scent for a casual, fun evening.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

A pleasant suprise

Although hardly exceptional, I found that Especially Escada is able to encompass a sparkling floral scent without smelling so generic and mainstream.
Its scent seems to adapt to any time of the day, thereby making it a versatile fragrance.

This may sound like another typical aquatic fruity floral, Especialy Escada is unforgetable and stands out from the rest.

SCJS
SCJS

My two younger brothers gave me this for christmas in 2011. It was a happy surprise when I found out that this has very little in common with those cloyingly sweet fruity Escada fragrances that I associate with teenage girls. To me, this is a melancholic, classic, aquatic, clean rose. Not very original but rather elegant. My father passed away last year so I associate this fragrance with our last christmas together and for emotional reasons I can't really use it right now, but I find it beautiful.

Reaching into my mainstream queue tonight, with a bath on the horizon, I pulled out Escada ESPECIALLY ESCADA, probably because the numbers were in its favor. Somehow I've amassed a little pile of these vials on their big vibrant fuchsia-magenta cards. This is probably because I tend to veer away from Escada whenever possible because of the scars left behind by this house's first launch, one of the most potent perfumes ever to have penetrated (and it did) my skin: ESCADA. Asafoetida, big time. I swapped it away.

Escada has since undergone some sort of major managerial restructuring--or maybe some of the staff passed away from overexposure to asafoetida--so now it seems that they produce exclusively fruity-floral fragrances in brightly colored bottles evocative of the tropics. These compositions are really so different from the original ESCADA, that I have nothing truly to fear in donning them, and yet I instinctively avoid them.

ESPECIALLY ESCADA opens with an unpleasant blast of chemical solvent smell. This is the sort of perfume which punishes you if you don't wait a minute or so before sniffing. Then it calms down and settles into a slightly more complex than usual fruity floral. There is something in this composition which I like, but I would never have guessed any of the notes to be honest. I do love ambrette, but this does not smell like that. It smells a bit less sweet than most fruity florals I've tried of late, but I'm not really detecting anything identifiable. I do not believe that this is any more aquatic than the sweet laundry fragrances in circulation today, but this is not a soapy scent at all and it doesn't really smell that clean. It's not that it smells dirty, it's just that it falls about in between.

paojaime
paojaime

I received a good sized sample of this in the mail a couple weeks ago. I finally gave it a try yesterday and I had mixed feelings about it. It's very floral... in fact, it smells almost entirely like roses and musk. It's also very strong. I put it on before I went to the MVD and I felt as though the entire room could smell me. I liked it more at first than a few hours later... I got tired of the smell it left on my clothes. I like scents that are sweeter/fruitier than this.

Sapphi9
Sapphi9

A very crystalline rose scent, if that makes sense? Watery, fresh and floral all at the same time, then gets softer and sweeter over time. Doesn't last a super long time, but I still love it for spring. I find it uplifting and energizing.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

I received a sample of this, and I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now. The initial opening is roses, roses, roses! I love roses, so I inhaled the scent deeply and could practically imagine I was walking through a lush rose garden. After about 10-20 minutes, I smell delicious watery pears breaking through.

Once the pears come through, the roses start to fade and the pears just grow stronger. This fragrance is basically pear, rose, and water notes, but the simplicity doesn’t compromise the pretty scent. It makes me want to take a leisurely walk through a garden and a refreshing dip in the pool at the same time. This fragrance is perfect for spring/summer, and wearing this in the winter puts me in a cheerful, bright state of mind.

It smells pretty linear. There’s no dramatic transformation—just watery pears and roses. Down to its last half hour, there’s some musk but not much. It’s a daytime, casual scent. It doesn’t smell expensive or sophisticated, but youthful and girly. There’s something about it that sort of reminds me of Tocca Bianca, but livelier and with pear. My biggest complaint is that the sillage, projection, and longevity is rather weak, which is why I would give it a 4 instead of a 5. After approximately 3-4 hours, I have to put my nose directly to my wrist just to catch the faintest whiff of it; I find myself reapplying this scent often in a day. I’m still debating with myself on if I should buy a full bottle or not—I really, really like this scent, but I wish it lasted longer. 4/5

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I just tested this today for the first time and wasn't overly impressed at first.

My first impression was that it was a fairly pleasant fruity floral and although not exactly massively attention grabbing it smelled better than most of the other Escadas I've tried - with the exception of my beloved Escada Signature (Escada 2005). Most of the other Escadas have really disappointed me as I think they mainly smell fairly generically fruity and a lot cheaper than they actually cost!

I couldn't really discern what floral notes are actually in this perfume and certainly it doesn't particularly smell, to me, of roses. It just smelled like a fairly pleasant mix of anonymous flowers mixed in with a little fruit!

Although I wasn't too impressed initially by this, I have to say that 10+ hours later after spraying it on it smells much nicer to me now and I'm amazed that it's lasted as long as this, given that it's subtle, soft perfume. I totally expected it to have disappeared after an hour or two so even though it's very subtle I'm very surprised I can still smell it so many hours later. Presumably, it's the musk in the base that gives it more staying power and a bit more oomph than I thought it had initially.

So. now I've changed my mind about this and I do quite like it! It's delicate, subtle, clean and feminine and I'd definitely consider adding it to my collection. I still think Signature (Escada 2005) is better though!

Wisterious Ways
Wisterious Ways

Especially Escada: "When Flowers Attack!" (?) ...
I’m a bit surprised that my reaction to this has any real depth of Especially Negative emotion at all.
I loved the 80s Escada scent strips in my mother's Vogue mags.
So though I suspect dry downs are all enhanced above all other notes on scent strips (to give us a one-size-fits-all sense of security about buying a newly advertised scent) , still, this throttling shock of flowers here baffles me!
Who would think that something that comes in such an unthreatening, non-statement-making bottle (for 2013), something so fuchsia, and aimed at such a “magenta market” of women who are still girls with girlish lives and hot pink dreams – or escapists who just want to feel that way for awhile – how could such a product arouse anything but “nice” feelings?
I’ve just become a pear lover this year, but have to say, where the heck was the pear here? I’m not smelling what the rest of you are! (This saddens me! :P *l* )
So: Aldehyde florals come rushing cheerfully out of the bottle at me, nice and prompt, embracing me immediately – and sadly, every time, no matter how I cut it, nauseating me in the process.
It’s a too-tight hello-hug of otherwise tasteful flowers. Hard-core florals to me.
They list one of this scent’s attributes as musky.
And although it’s floral, fruity, and very sweet, it's not musky to me; musky to me means "comfortable, adjusts to you".
But that's where things get a bit weird: that astringent aspect I don't think the noses behind this intended may end up being something others will love about this scent – or like – (even if I can’t imagine feeling passionate or “love” over this one – sorry)..
Still - maybe others will love how the florals in this scent seem to remain unchanged,"forever young" on your skin, their freshness unchanging from bottle spritz to dry down.
But if you tend towards florientals or blurred-in-musk florals that are brushed even by the softest musk as time passes, and sought just a bit more floral "punch" here, I think it might be too jarring for you too.
Maybe the flatness of the flowers in this scent do reflect a truth of the human beauty myth today - how we can choose drastic measures to remain as "forever young" looking as possible, but in doing so, we risk losing another beauty - in dimension.
Because beneath the pink party there’s a dark side, and not of seductive mystery:
I find it a bit cold. One of those scents of “shrill” flowers, whether that’s a good or bad thing for you. (I originally typed "crystalline" here, but since smelling Lalique, I'm learning the beauty of well-done "crystal florals".)
The entire scent's not so much musky as possessing a murky, damp sweetness and an uncomfortably antiseptic note in there that takes me back to UNpleasant childhood memories of being sick in a major children’s hospital!
Re-reading the description...oh god, I guess that’s the “morning dew”...:-/
If anyone else notices anything disconcertingly similar in the notes, I'd love to hear about it, because I’d feel like a bit of a nut posting that scent memory of my own, were it not for another Fragrantican's mention Escada perfumes reminding her unhappily – I don’t quote accurately here – of a few superficial people from her youth, who used everything Escada, but way too liberally.
I think she's got it..
It’s like the hug of a “picture perfect” friend you know secretly hates you! *l*
I’m sure the perfumer had dreamy intentions, and I’m also sure a lot of work went into this.
I wanted to love it.
I bet Especially Escada will find the right wearers and radiate its intended elegance, and hopefully a lot more cheer elsewhere too – but obviously it’s gone a little bit “Heathers” on me! *LOL*
Addendum:
Now that I’ve sat stewing in it for awhile, I’ve actually gotten a headache from it, unusual for me as an oriental scent wearer.
So, given the amount of pain, its onset in relation to the perfume (direct) and how quickly it came on, I’ll give this a 6/10 on my headache scale, though that’s a vague stat for you all, and warn sensitive noses I'm also finding this powerful fruity floral to be a bit “sneezy”..um, meaning, filling up and overwhelming your nose with the urge to sneeze ;-)
Still, it is youthful and fresh. Very, very fresh..now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need to go and rest - this has been intense...*lol*

mozzaa
mozzaa

Not my style at all- I'm more of a chypre, oriental perfume person. But this one is very clean and REALLY makes me happy. It lifts your spirits with its sweetness. And more importantly unlike many florals in the market it is not too syrupy sweet. This is my HAPPY perfume for the long dreary and dreadful winter :-)

Bratpat
Bratpat

Smells clean, reminds me of those deo sprays from Etude House.

Reverie78
Reverie78

nothing extraordinary for me. A usual fruity-floral mixture suitable for every day use in hot summer days but nothing really special. In addition i would say that that is so aquatic that reminds me of deodorant.

Someone gave this to me and I thought I could try to wear it. On me it was so strong aquatic and no rose at all. The ambrette and the aquatic notes just spoiled it for me. Too fresh and somehow also citrusy for my likes.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

If there was Banana Juice in this, it would be a perfect perfume. Hopefully they re make this, and put banana juice in the base, or top notes. Also if the musk would be cut down, it's way too strong, and gives me a headache, but I do still like this perfume. It's something I can't always wear though.

sayu
sayu

Escada isn't particularly my cup of tea. During my high school years all the girls wore different Escada fragrances, and they weren't conservative with the parfume use! So it is still a strong remainder of those times, and I have to admit to having a bit of an aversion towards the label for that.

But I caught a whiff of this on my friend the other night and I have to say it's nice. The rose was the strongest scent to stand out and I was surprised how pleasant I found the scent.

polkadot27
polkadot27

a beautiful scent, very tender & delicate notes, uplifting & innocent

mediterranean
mediterranean

I know it is cheap. I know it is for young girls. I know most of my young students have got it. But I cant help it. I want it, i want it so much! And I want it now!!Beautiful in a kind of naive way.

galacksy
galacksy

I agree with ElleNell - I have this and the boys seem to really like it!

I got a sample of it from Sephora along with some others. I sniffed them all and about a week later I had kind of a flashback from one of the smells - this one. I rushed to find out which one it was and got it in full size soon afterwards. I have really been loving it ever since. Will definitely repurchase.

Oh, and one more thing - I have been layering it with Victoria's Secret's Secret Charm series (honeysuckle & jasmine) and they go really well together.

Allegra
Allegra

I am not very impressed about the bottle, it looks like a glass brick with a pompous "bling-bling" top. However, even though the package isn't exactly eye candy, that detail can be forgiven for one simple reason. And that is: the fragrance itself is absolutely adorable, very summery and playful and delicate cocktail of flowers and fruity undertones. It is a classic floral and just perfect for daily wear.

daredevil
daredevil

Flirty and girlie rosy and light with the softness of fresh spring flowers!

It has also the innosence of a small girl waiting for her prince while cutting flowers from the field!

ElleNell
ElleNell

A very fun, sexy fragrance. One to wear to a party or on a night out.

Very girly and sweet.
Think this is one which will catch the boys attention...

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I'm a sucker for Escada, what can I say...:)

This particular one is a lot less sweet than many of the Escadas that have been marched out lately, and for me that is a good thing since I really don't care for sugary scents. Yes there is a hint of fruit in this (and what Escada doesn't have that???!) but the fruit in no way over-powers this scent. I mostly smell rose and the oceanic/watery notes.

I think this is a frag that wouldn't offend anyone if worn in public.

I like it a lot.

busik
busik

And I recalled Chloe one that Eau de Parfum Chloe. Expect more tenderness.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

This smelled on me like something had gone bad. Like fruit or flowers gone bad.. Luckily that smell faided quickly! Didn't really enjoy it.

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

Especially escada smells beautiful.i am not imagining bar rafaeli as the model in the commercial..but I am imagining myself wearing a white hat n flowy pink dress (till knee length),running around in the garden with full of blooming pink,red n white roses.the weather at that moment is windy n sunny..i take off my hat n landed myself on the garden..weeeee....

i am so happy to have this perfume,which I adored ever since I tried sampled it for the first time...it's really rosey-aquatic like scent..it's also fresh,dewy n breezy..i had sample this perfume for few times...and it had made me aiming to get this perfume.and so i've made it..i've bought this perfume last week..regarding its longevity,it seemed not to be my likings.meaning that,it doesn't last that long and have to re-apply,like what other people had reviewed here..

however 2 days ago,i've tested it on a piece of paperstrip by myself..only a spritz of escada especially since 6.30 am on a paperstrip and then,I smelled it again at 12.45 pm.amazingly,the scent was still there.indeed,i've bought the original bottle n that's the result.the scent stayed approximately 6 hours on the paperstrip.what about on my skin?well,it lasted for about 2 hours like that...but anyway,it depends on one's skin chemistry though..sometimes,if we perspirates,it could enhances the smell become either stronger n stays longer or weaker or maybe stinks..sorry for the stink word..

I love especially escada..very nice n it's the alternative version of chloe edp..this one is more lighter n inoffensive..it can be worn at all ages n at any seasons..

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

This is a lovely light and fresh scent. very pleasant and delicate. It's not really special but good enough for those who like a light fruity scent!

ClaudiaAna
ClaudiaAna

I love it!!!

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

a nice fragrance but nothing special. Also, at times I felt like the Rose note was a little too strong. a very feminine girly scent.

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

One of those perfumes you fall in love in summer. A very subtle, soft and fresh feminine scent and built around a delicate rose accord.

Especially Escada says luxury but in a modern and light-hearted way.

Unfortunately it doesn't last long.

Top notes: pear, Ambrette seeds
Heart notes: rose flower, Ylang Ylang
Base notes: rose petals, musk

xox

izzie07
izzie07

Something about this I do not like sorry to all who like it. I am sure it smells better on some

Trinidella
Trinidella

Oh my word!!! Just when you think Escada cannot outdo itself it did exactly that with this scent. The flacon stands out on the shelf. It fragrance is exclusive. What more can a woman want in a scent!!! I recommend highly!!!!

m4
m4

I ask myself why it took me so long to write a review, well I adore this scent. I am little dissapointed with sillage and staying power but if I will ignore those two things I can´t say bad word about that. I´ve never smelled something similar, so it´s great. The pear gives the scent little juiciness and sweetness. This part is really girly and innocent for me. Then I can smell lot of roses and some water. Roses with water and ylang ylang are slightly pungent and that smell so great. The dry down is damn gorgeous. Rosy-musky and I can still smell hint of pear. Escada makes mostly sweet scents full of fruit but this one doesn´t go this way. It´s floral,little sweet, watery, musky scent. I can imagine it on happy, playful, desirable girl/woman who doesn´t want to bring attention but which wants to be herself and wants to attract a man who is in her nearness and the woman is for him even more desirable than she was before. Just IMHO =D

nuratif
nuratif

i love this perfume. its not that kind of scent that will make a statement and will not offend anyone. only those who invade your personal space can smell this amazing scentl of you. this is perfect for a date. and men do love this scent. its very rosey and light with a hint of sweetness. very girly and romantic.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I was looking for an aquatic floral perfume and I found it in this. It's watery and roses and somehow I smell lilies but I don't find it in the notes. it's light for escada scents even though EDP,but I am guessing it is because of the water notes in it. It stays close to the body but longevity is more promising, about 4 hours on me. I appreciate Escada for stepping away from their regular oversexed summer scents (which I do like to a certain extent) to create something delicate and simple. It also comes in a pretty bottle with fuschia pink liquid which adds to it's sweet charm. I would say a woman in her 20s -30s can safely wear this as long as she isn't wearing a business suit. This is more flower than power.

suesue
suesue

Bought it today :) it smells like rose and musk - but not in an "old" way - very young!

Ok, i bought it because of the super pretty bottle - but i really like the scent!

saguna

Funny thing is, It doesn't last for long , but people around can still feel it - that's my main problem with many fragrances.
I tried it on my hair, and it seems like it stays longer than on my skin.
If only it could stay longer - it could be my best fragrance

melbritt24
melbritt24

A nice, slightly sweetened rose scent without the presence of citrus (as so many popular rose fragrances share). I believe this is strikingly similar to Yves Rocher Moment de Bonheur, but doesn't last as long as Bonheur (which I own) so I'll pass on the full bottle and enjoy the rest of my sample.

Wifeynye
Wifeynye

This scent makes me feel pretty and happy. A very feminine fragrance. A fresh updated rose!

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

This wasn't my type of scent at all. It's flowery and it smells like watery roses.

Mindzel
Mindzel

It's watery, and soft..but doesn't last long..
Still love it..=)

Cams
Cams

I got way more than an hour out of this one. This is lovely - softly (yet distinctly) a memorable floral! When the bottom notes hit its even more beautiful. Definately worth trying.

Baldric
Baldric

Watery, sugared rose. Pleasant for the hour that it lasts

caitrun
caitrun

In love!! Rose, water notes, pear and musk are what I am picking up mostly. I would categorize this as a fruity floral, not just a floral. If you are not into fruity fragrances, you might not like this one!

Aleena29
Aleena29

the bottle looks like D&G the one

saguna

I tested it today in Superdrug and I love it! Probably the best fragrance from Escada ever. I don't feel any rose in it, maybe I'm just crap.
This will be my next purchase. For sure.

perfumia
perfumia

To the person who asked- the balloons mean someone agreed with you
I think reading the reviews, this perfume must change according to the acidity of the wearers skin, as so many people love or hate it.
I love it ,Im getting Musky rose, and its about 5 hours since I sprayed it.....
It smells seductive and feminine, expensive and unusual.....
I love it

malinkova
malinkova

I bought it last week, I really liked it while I was in the shop but now I feel disappointed. It's not long-lasting enough. This is what I hate most about perfumes. I want it to last all day long, not just few hours.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

Got a sample of this today through the post. Nice scent, but nothing special.

I am not really into aquatic scents, but this one is nice. I think it's the best perfume release from Escada in like 10 years. I can't stand their usual horrid tropical fruit juices and looked forward to something different. Especially Escada seemed promising--a rosy, musky, aquatic--not your typical perfume. I liked the pink roses and hint of musk I smelled as the perfume dried down. I also appreciate the lack of citrus notes (does EVERY aquatic perfume have to open with lemon or grapefruit?!). The advertisement seems very appropriate for the scent. It's pretty.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I guess I got the "playful" quality, because I swear the image it invoked was that of a clown. Colorful, happy, trying too hard and just a bit off. To be fair, I would have never been drawn to this scent from the description, but got some as a sample. It did last on me, unfortunately, because I really didn't enjoy it. I think I will use it as sachet in my clothes drawer.

twilight1234

Oh, what a lovely scent! Very watery, with quite a lot of Rose in it. Also some Ylang-Ylang and TONS of pretty Musk that helps this perfume along to my no.1 favourite!!! Also a nice bottle. One for definete purchesing!!

yi.ying
yi.ying

I got the free sample from escada n both my sister n me hate it. smell like cheap hairspray...

CozyCat
CozyCat

A friend of mine owns this, and I used it a couple times when I'd slept over and forgotten to bring my own perfume. What can I say? It's pleasant and safe. It's been done before thousands of times though, just another feminine and fresh fruity-rose scent over a light musky base. Projection and longevity are both on the weak side. The packaging may be cute, but I'll pass.

perfumeandme
perfumeandme

I smelled this perfume and it's actually really nice. It's very nostalgic and the moment I let it settled on my skin, it suddenly brings me to a lovely field with summer breeze and makes you feel really cozy. The bottle and pink juice is lovely. The only thing is that I think it's quite common like I smelled it before.

twilight1234

i like this perfume i can really smell the rose + musk out of it. really good for mabye a dinner party or another occasion- i mean a REALLY good occasion!! lets hope no one is allergic to it!

10/10 :):):):):):)

Gabriela
Gabriela

I tested this one yesterday, and I must say I was surprised because I expected a classic fruity Escada, but it is an intense, yet young Rose fragrance.

Right from the start I get a young, fresh rose, not the soapy kind, it is a very musky rose, a lusty tangy, young rose...It is a linear fragrance, and the musk note is enhanced by the ambrette, during dry down the musk becomes more intense.

I didn't get the pear, but I'm thinking maybe it is there softening the edges of the rose's petals...

Especially Escada made me feel pinky kinky, flirty and sexy. I don't think it is juvenile, and it can be worn by all ages IMO.

Longevity is average, projection and sillage are very good.

aschiffm
aschiffm

i needed a pick me up this morning and sprayed this on before i left, it is great! smells like fresh vibrant roses, the musk smoothes it out nicely- i kept getting wafts of this yummy musky-rose warmth throughout the day. it's a very energetic/sparkling kinky rose, kind of naughty. made me feel sexy, clean and fresh. you must be a lover of the rose note to like this though, which i am . i was expecting it to wear off quickly because of the reviews but i cant complain- the projection did wear off after 3 or 4 hrs but close to the skin the scent lingered for the whole rest of the day.

A very pretty, fresh, rose based floral. This is a refreshing change from the sweet fruity lineup of scents that Escada produces. I like those too, but this is a great departure. I can see the similarity to Chloe but I prefer this because it's softer than Chloe to me. This reminds me of pink roses and lingerie shops.

Veronicajg123
Veronicajg123

I have been SEVERELY obsessed with this. I was walking out of Sephore one day and saw this and i had to try some on. I read a lot of high fashion magazines , and hadn't seen any ads for this so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Escada had come out with something new (an eau de parfum). Staying power is alright, i think I'm immune to it now though. I have gotten lots of compliments and a Valet at my work said it smells very shower fresh. I got the boxed set for 62 dollars it came with the parfum, lotion and a nice fushcia colored rose lipgloss. Definitely a must have, i LOVE it.

hafatin.natrah
hafatin.natrah

the smell is not too strong on my body, it is sweet and nice. long lasting on my body.. like it

abigail5328
abigail5328

Especially Escada is spring in a bottle!
Light, fresh, soft, airy, clean, happy, bright, cheerful, carefree, flowery fragrance!
Especially Escada is a fresh rosey-watery scent that smells young and feminine.
When I first smelt ‘Especially’ my first thought was that it reminded me a little bit of Daisy by Marc Jacobs. They both have similarities, in that they are both fresh florals with a slight green-ness to them which instantly reminds me of spring time!
The sillage is what you would expect from a fruity floral. And the longevity was pretty poor on my skin.
Overall a nice, inoffensive, pleasant and wearable scent for everyday use.
Nice bottle too!

pixiepuff
pixiepuff

Tested this today. Initially smelt very 'shampoo-ey' to me. It has dried down considerably now and it reminds me of a Victoria Secret's scent - I think Bombshell mixed with Givenchy Le Secret- but the Escada is a sweeter smell.

leenie1989
leenie1989

This smelled lovely on a card... But on my skin it smelled like hairspray for some reason! Very synthetic and chemically. Luckily for me, longevity wasn't great!

PalmSpringsTammy

I'm pretty disappointed with my Especially Escada purchase. While I do love the smell- and it works nicely with my body chemistry; it does not last for more than an hour! I'm wondering if I should buy the body lotion as well-

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

not a great release, roaring synthetic rose with the usual Escada clean chemical fruit drydown. I actually wear and prefer their downright brash fruity summer numbers than this one which tries to be too classy... For a big rose, I would go for YSL Paris instead (and quickly, before L'Oreal reformulate and destroy that too...)

Trvevil
Trvevil

At start it smells really like a fruity shampoo and reminds me of Incanto Shine. Almost 1 in 1. It kind of seems really cheapy at that stage, like some deodorant or washing liquid. Then that phase dries down to this soapy rose-y smell. It's kind of shampoo-rose smell, nothing original at all. Unique? Like, come on, there's Rock'n'Rose and its flankers, Stella, Rumeur and other load of similar fragrance. Maybe it's pleasant, but it's total rip off. [Want a rose? Get to know Les Parfums de Rosine] I prefer their fruity limited editions. They are fun at least. I don't really recommend it if you want to stand out, you will mix with the crowd with this.

jadeashleigh
jadeashleigh

Just got this for my 21st such an amazing perfume ... I thought it was another friuty floral but this is surprising as its very unusual which I did not expect! Would definately recommend you try it! I have been given so many compliments wearing this ...

PalmSpringsTammy

Just opened my first box of Especially Escada! I LOVE it!

PalmSpringsTammy

I was surprised to find that Macy's doesn't carry Escada Especially Escada! Sooooo, I ordered it today from Fragrancenet.com Hopefully I'll have better luck than I did with IlBacio I ordered online.

PalmSpringsTammy

I just received a small sample of Escada Especially Escada in the mail- I think this is the fragrance I've been looking for!! So far, so good! Yum!

cocobella
cocobella

on my skin this one has an amazing lasting power. i sprayed it on the back of my hand and even after washing my hands several times, i could still smell it. it is a nice scent, but i think that it would cause me a bad headache. however, nice floral, almost innocent scent.

SheShe
SheShe

Now this is a surprise! I expected another very sweet fragrance, a bit crazy and immature (in a good meaning of the word) and I got something different.

Especially Escada is more mature than immature and so is the rose in it. It's mostly rose-musk mallow-watery-musk fragrance on me. It starts rosey and watery and then musk mallow comes into play making the rose a bit bitter, still sweet and classy. I'm also surprised that the sillage is above average on me (summer Escada releases are very weak on my skin). Very well done rose, perhaps a little Lancome way but no - it's Escada, it's different. Not 100% my type of fragrance, as I'm into orientals the most, but a good one and I'll wear it when I'll be in need for change.

I'll add news about drydown and lasting power soon.

OK: so my overall impression is that the sillage bursts and keeps strong for about 2 hours, then it decreases and the fragrance becomes less rose and more watery-musky after about 4 hours (still rose can be detected), kind of faints and faints, but in a good and pleasant way, not as if it was washed out.

Rose in Escada is nicely done, as if straight from a rose bush, after a few hours as if it was rose after rain, but in a beggining - rose flowing in water (lake?). Interesting one.

Bottle looks fine, but reminds me about Dolce&Gabbana's Rose the One. Rose the One is different though, sweeter, Escada's kind of bitter-sweet. All in all thumbs up for Especially Escada!

cassidy1980
cassidy1980

Received a sample, tried it today. I liked the initial rose scent but the dry-down is very "soapy" smelling. :(

Tovah
Tovah

What a happy surprise. It's been many years since an Escada fragrance has captured my attention. I'd given up on their scents some time ago. I received a sample mini of Especially and I gave it a spritz. This is nice! It is a fresh rose ylang-ylang fragrance that's extremely easy to wear. It's along the lines of L'Occitane Rose 4 reines. Very pretty, light and feminine. I love rose and I'm always thrilled when rose loves me back, and Especially is a good one. EDIT: Today I'm wearing Especially and I keep getting a "scent memory" - one of those where you know you've smelled it but you just can't put your finger on it. I kept getting this vision of myself driving in NY with a heavy scarf around my neck, circa 1989...and darned if that vision didn't bring back what I seemed to be smelling. Of all things...I'm nearly certain it's vintage Finesse shampoo/conditioner! I don't know if Finesse is even around anymore, but I remember it used to perfume my hair and the scent was so strong. But I loved it. I'm sure Especially doesn't smell that much like some old shampoo, but something in Escada defintiely touched upon whatever part of my brain subconsciously recorded an episode of driving 22 years ago!

pickledtink
pickledtink

Disliked this from the start and it got no better.
Chemical and sickly sweet. It never morphed into anything but a cheap smell.
Absolutely no complexity and the only redeeming feature in the dry down was it vanished pretty quickly.

If you gave a 5 year old some washing up liquid and assorted shampoo bottles to play with they could have done better.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Especially is not yet another generic floral fragrance. It has that unusual semi sweet-watery note infused with sensual ambrette seeds, delicious pear and fresh florals.
Especially starts off rather fruity; it feels like honey coloured pear nectar dripping off my chin. Soon after, it mellows into sensual ambrette seeds and soft petals, still, the semi sweet-watery note is present all the time making it feel soft and refreshing.
Especially has a similar feel to Attimo and Attimo L’Eau Florale and I am confident that you will like Especially if you like these.
The juice colour does reflect the fragrance spirit; playful, happy, feminine, cheerful, uplifting.
Especially is spring in an elegant bottle.
The lasting power and silage are both decent; I feared that Especially would not survive half a day at work but it does linger nicely on my neck for 6 hours and it is noticeable by my work colleagues.
Perfect spring / summer fragrance.
Well done, Escada!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I love this scent. Feminine, bright and happy... the musk used is white musk, which adds a nice clean effect aside from the rose-water. Very close to Chloe Eau de Parfum, but its nice to see Escada drift from the teen fruity-florals that harshly relate to celebrity fragrances.

amanda.greenwale
amanda.greenwale

In my opinion this is the best thing from Escada since Magnetism... I am not a fan of the fruity summer editions (though I did enjoy Moon Sparkle). It has a lingering effect and has more of a wide age range possibility that the summer scents. It is riminiscent of Bright Crystal but it last longer and drys down better than the Versace.

marcela86
marcela86

I love it in the bottle, but on my skin smells synthetic and soapy after a while. It's nothing special, but very pleasent and wearable. For me it's Versace Bright Crystal mixed with Avon Be...Kissable.It's a soft, bright, happy floral fruity for everyday use.

sarage
sarage

This was love at the first spritz! After trying this I didn't want anything else.
Especially Escada is light, floral yet there are soft notes of musk. Pear and rose combine beautifully.
I also like the visual side of Especially Escada: the bottle and also the ad is lovely, decent, happy. Just like the atmosphere the scent creates.
Longevity could be better, though.
I love this!

sherien
sherien

On me.. it was exactly what I was looking for.. airy, clean clean clean.. sophisticated flower.. It is the perfect floral aquatic i tried on my skin.. doesnt cause any migrains or sinusus :) thank god !

elm0505
elm0505

This one is rather surprising. I was expecting an average and dated old-lady-like rose water but instead I got a rather sophisticated and young scent, with a slight frutal twist that provides that extra oomph. It reminds me a little bit of Estee Lauder's Pleasures. Taking into account how much I hate the smell of roses, the fact that I quite like this EDP is, I think, somewhat relevant. It's nice, a bit sharp and not über-flowery. I think this scent can be worn by women of all ages, even suitable for teenagers I'd say.
But being an EDP it could do much better in the longevity department...I always need to reapply in the afternoon.

candys
candys

for me, this was not a young perfume, more old lady. this was very bitter.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

This is... nice. Nothing revolutionary, but a young, fresh, sweet, happy rose perfume. Like some others have said it would make a great gift.

anniethediva
anniethediva

i am totally in love with that scent!!so fresh,so unique and so lovely and feminine!!!the rose in it gives it a special touch...love love love it...Ana:-)

zabica
zabica

Tried it, smelled for half an hour tops and vanished! I can't believe that Escada also produced one of my all-time favorites - Magnetism! This is really a colored, scented, fruity water .. unfortunately, didn't like it one bit..

vertigo
vertigo

I prefer fruity-summer limited Escada's releases than the other ones (although I don't wear any Escada).

Especially Escada is really lame!

A deodorant-like, watery rosy pear.
No character at all.
Was it composed in 2 hours?
They should be ashamed of it.

Next one!

Lotje
Lotje

Bought this today for my brother's girlfriend's birhtday. She turns 17.

I loved the smell right a way. Sophisticated but also young, fresh and floral...

It's just something a young girl and/or woman needs to spice up her wardrobe. I can imagine when you wear it you feel nice and flirty but also girly...

Perfect gift, if you ask me!

This is not as fruity and tropical as most Escada scents. But it's very average and just another fresh flowery scent. Reminded me of those many drugstore scents again.

suesu
suesu

nice rose note, not as sweet as other Escada, and also fresh fruity on top,smells feminine but not too old

ivanda
ivanda

It is total fail this time. It smells like some kind of cucumber marinade. Really do not like this Escada, although all the previous is quite great.

wauzilauzi
wauzilauzi

Great scent. Fresh, not an old fashioned rose.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Nice scent but a bit too classic for me. I don't smell the pears... I especially smell the rose. It's a safe rose perfume if you're not into the grandma rose. It smells similar to Ralph Lauren Romance, to me that is. It's a young, sophisticated perfume but not for me.

antonpan
antonpan

Nothing special, but better than previous Escada releases. The fragrance is soft floral fruity. The dry down is creamy and beautiful, roses and pears are mixed well, maybe a bit in the style of the last Marc Jacobs creations or Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. The projection and longevity are poor.
The scent is pleasant and delicate I should say, so the perfume will be an ideal gift. But it's still Escada.

Especially Escada by Escada 3.66 out of 5 based on 733 ratings and 128 user reviews

Escada Especially Escada Delicate notes 0.25 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Escada Especially Escada 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Escada Especially Escada 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Escada Especially Escada Delicate Notes Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Escada Especially Escada Delicate Notes Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Especially Escada fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Especially Escada, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Especially Escada by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Especially Escada by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.