Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

tropical
coconut
Rockin' Rio Escada for women Pictures Rockin' Rio Escada for women Pictures

Welcome to Brazil! Escada takes us to sunny Rio this time, and accompanies us with an explosion of energy and surplus of positive mood. Designer of this wonderful fragrance is Philippe Romano, who shows all powers of summer in the top notes: pineapple, fresh and sweet mandarin and passionate papaya. The heart is wrapped with juicy peach and sugar candy. The base is dominated by gourmet, warm coconut milk, sandalwood and musk. Escada Rockin Rio was launched at the market in 2005 as a seasonal fragrance. The bottle follows Escada’s trend, with colours changing from pink to pale yellow. Girl on the box follows the rhythm of samba at Brazilian carnival. It is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml, body cream of 150 ml and bubble bath of 150 ml.

Pineapple Mandarin Orange Papaya

Brasil Beat

Rockin' Rio Fragrance Reviews

layla7658
layla7658

Discontinued? Why? I want it back now!

tovikari
tovikari

I think it's very nice summer fragrance. It's very juicy, bright and positive, sweet and fresh at the same time. I can detect peach, papaya and some berry notes in it. This fragrance makes me feel optimistic and full of energy :) it's great for using it on a vacation, by the sea, with bright clothes, tan...I think it's great for parties after sunset. Probably I would buy it again.

Soie
Soie

Sweet, fruity and intoxicating. Very tropical in theme; mostly musky papaya and mandarin to my nose, and a trace of pineapple, which is nearly overwhelmed by the exceedingly aromatic papaya. I don't smell any coconut at all but maybe a hint of a note of fresh peach.

This was a gift to me of about 10+ years ago, and while I've never actually been into tropical scents (that is, unless they feature a creamy / milky and strongly vanillic quality), this one seems pleasant enough to wear on a breezy spring or summer's day.

nibunny
nibunny

it was a gift from my mother about three years ago. i like sweet fruity fragrance but FOR ME, it was too much. the smells make my head hurts but since it was a gift, i have to use it. luckily i have another perfumes so i don't have to make my head hurts when i want to smells nice. and it's also not very long last. maybe because i'm living at a tropical, hot and humid country.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

Very sweet, girly, young and playful. A nice pineapple and peachy smell, great for days at the beach in summertime.

tsarina
tsarina

This was my frangrance was it was first released in spring 2005, I was a freshmen in college. It was one of the Escada yearly fragrance that year. Now they have recently re-released 3 of their most best selling annual fragrances a couples years ago, with Rio being one of them. It is a nice fruity-floral fragrance but not a long longeivity. It is a scent for younger women for high school girls up to college. The comments about it being similar to a Victoria Secret "Body Spray" are kind of insulting to the brand (comparing a cheap-o perfume company to luxury Escada), never-the-less the comparissions are kind of spot one, lol.

camarillo
camarillo

my first perfume. I already fall in love with this one... I have a lot memory about this perfume first I spent half of my salary just to buy this perfume -___-"
second my boyfriend really love it. he said my perfume is so amazing and making him more love me. this perfume make me have a good mood. for young lady you must try this one^^

Bedhead
Bedhead

A lot of the seasonal Escada fragrances are similar, and this one is quite similar to Sexy Graffiti, which I also like very much. Most of these seasonal Escada scents have a fruity undertone, and this one has both the undertone and overtones! It's a fresh and lovely fragrance, like a summer picnic in the park, and lasts about as long. I wish it were a bit more lasting without getting any stronger, because the freshness is just right. The pineapple note is especially divine in this fragrance and is, in my opinion, the only thing that differentiates it from Escada Sexy Graffiti.

I love the way another user described the new Escadas as "tutti-fruttis" because that really is an accurate description -- they're delicious, but definitely not a seven-course meal.

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

So sweet and fresh but not lasting!

slobberchops
slobberchops

had this as a 2ml sample,love the scent,its a fun fruity pina colada type scent but I poured half a 2ml sample on me and the scent was gone in 20 mins,gutted as wanted to buy a full size bottle and I don't mind scents that are on the cheaper side lasting say a couple of hours and then reapplying but that's ridiculous,i would get through a bottle in no time with every 20 min spraying,kinda puts me off purchasing others in escada lines,and I really really want the cherry in the air one

florence.lee
florence.lee

Horrible Pina Colada overload. I don't know why some folks see it as a summer scent, because I live in tropical ass crack Singapore and this scent is impossible to wear without getting a headache. It's more decent as a winter scent, to remind one of warmer days. I wouldn't pay so much to smell like a cheap fruit tart. Strictly for under-25's, in my opinion.

babywabbit
babywabbit

This one smells like a cocktail, great for summer days. It's fruity sweet, with a bit citrus to even out of sweetness. I cannot detect the coconut at all in this perfume.

regnflickan
regnflickan

I was given five small bottles of escada scents. To be honest they all kind of smell the same at first. Very sweet and fruity. Escada Rockin rio was one i didn´t like. It´s pineaple overload and I feel as if I spilled some overly sweet drink on me. After a while I feel a bit nausuated. I will give this away!

fiona1962
fiona1962

Just bought this off Ebay. Hope to like it. Good Luck

KatBoat
KatBoat

I smelled rockin rio at sephora and I liked it. I ordered a bottle of this off of Ebay, but I don't like it. Are they supposed to smell differently?

wunderland
wunderland

smells like fake pineapple and something trying very hard to be a tropical mash without succeeding. little-girlish, but not in a fun, carefree way. fortunately it has no lasting power

bignose
bignose

i love this parfume the best smell ever i had :)

butterflyvmm
butterflyvmm

I really enjoy this scent. It's not my signature scent, but I love to wear it when the weather is warm, or even occasionally as a cold weather pick me up. It's a happy, uplifting scent, and I think it's appropriate for a wide range of ages.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

haha this was my scent in my early tweens. i won't wear it now or even admit to having had it before but i would hide it at the back of my closet for a nostalgic sniff. it's sun in a bottle. coconuts, palms, beach, lovely sunny weather. it's very sweet but not offensive IMO.

parishiltonsiren15
parishiltonsiren15

The Papaya, is VERY dominate in this one. When i first smelt it, i was like..... This is a dupe of a Bath & Body work's scent, that i already have. So, i went through all of my B&BW lotions smelling, and found what it was. RIO RUMBERRY. They are not similar, THEY ARE THE SAME. EXACT SAME. Papaya, is the top note in Rio Rumberry too. It's funny... BOTH scents, that smell IDENTICLE, are RIO DE JENIERO themed. Is papaya like, a main export there, or something? The scent, doesn't have much lasting power. AT ALL.Overall, it is a really nice scent. PERFECT for summer. All this smell consists of, is Papaya & Sugar. Sugared Papaya. Im not sure why they listed Pineapple as one of the notes? I get NO pineapple. Or, any other note besides Papaya & Sugar. I guess... if the only two listed notes, would have been "Papaya & Sugar" It wouldn't attract too many people. Lol. It's great, i can use Rio Rumberry Shower gel, and lotion, and use this Rockin Rio perfume. To make it last longer!

cmeeme
cmeeme

I honestly am surprised that mango is not listed as one of the notes, because that is all I smell -MANGO! Got a miniature of this just to test and I doubt I'll be buying a larger bottle. It's a bit too sweet for my taste and disappears from my skin in about one hour.
>>>And on a lighter note, do not wear this on an empty stomach, the smell of the fruit (mango) makes you hungrier :D

cosza
cosza

I love this perfume. Its smell reminds me of drinking s cocktail on a hot summer day. :)

Lushylori
Lushylori

One of my faves from Escada because its full of Summer & energy.
The main reason that I love it though is because it smells just like a discontinued Shampoo from the 80's called Body on Tap...I used to love smelling it when I went to my big sisters place when I was a kid.
It was made to make your hair gleem because they added Beer inside the ingredients...Not that Escada Rockin Rio smells like beer or anything and neither did the Shampoo Body on Tap but it smells similar and I love them both.
Such a happy Childhood memory :)
I'm going to buy this one very soon :)

phia143
phia143

This perfume is one of my faves its very fruity! Long lasting even on my skin! My skin tends to drink up all the scent leaven nothing behind. Surprisingly it can be a little overpowering. I sprayed it on at 11:30 am it is now 5:19 pm and i can still smell it as strong as i did when i first sprayed it on. This perfume does not have layers all the fruit blend into a sugary sweet scent.

Di_berry
Di_berry

Summer in one fragrance! I really love the opening, so sweet and fruity, an energising perfume, I smell the papaya and sugared pineapple! Quite good lasting too!

Jess1fireflight
Jess1fireflight

i used this perfume today but in oil version, received many complimentss and my boyfriend somehow said that i smelled like "victoria's secret"...hmm. anyways very sweet, fruity, and i like it... <3

fasyaaghnia
fasyaaghnia

i just love this scent for the very first time i smell it ;)
the strong scent that longlast in my body keep up my mood..
but i stop using this because there's so many friends out there using this perfume :(
i think i just want smell differently than others hehe

pomdgf
pomdgf

Absolutely summer fragrance. Sea, sand and sun with margarita in your hand or coconut juice. Happy, relax and vacation time. Love all fruity in this bottle especially coconut scent. It melt me down.

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

I want a drink that tastes like this smells.

chinna
chinna

Es rico, pero en el tiempo que lo adquirí una marca de shampoo muy conocida puso la misma fragancia en uno de sus productos...que decepción !!!

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

I stole this from my sister years ago because I liked the fruity-gourmand scent at first... but like every gourmand I've ever bought, it was wayyy to sweet for me after a while and made me feel ill. This one is another one that was cute when I was younger but now it's just another one of those sickeningly sweet scents that are all so similar and aren't memorable at all. It's like an EDP version of a body splash you could buy at the drugstore.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

This one is like a flashy guy who really impresses you at first sight, but once you get to know him, you realize that you'll never want to be more than friends with him!

I got it for full-price too- I shouldn't have! It smells like candy, fruit-punch, and pina colada (galorrreee)! Like twenty bikini-clad teenage girls having a beach party or something. I did get this when I was still a teenager, so that might explain why I loved it at the time.

Sillage is good and it's quite linear on me- there weren't any detectable notes/layers- it's all just one big party from start to finish!

I don't hate it- it's just not one I'll keep close to my heart!

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

Very sweet!! Definately a hot summers day perfume! very tropical! quite lon lasting not too pricey but it can be a little overpowering.

Hubby doesn't like it he said it's sickly lol!

pikpik
pikpik

too sweet then boring..

blakie44
blakie44

Fruit fruit fruit. This is so yummy. It takes me away to the beach, sunshine and fruity cocktails. It has the scent of summer! I mostly smell pinapple, papaya and sugar cane. A sweet sweet fragrance, YUM!

Cocacolagirl76
Cocacolagirl76

This fragrance smells really nice on me. Like summertime. It settles into a sublte fruity floral on me with a definate hint of pineapple. Very light, refreshing scent.

Suheylah
Suheylah

My first escada. My path to ado world. So lovely and bring luck..lol

sinesthesya
sinesthesya

i love it! so fruity and spicy smell... i think it smells sexy and so girly.. too bad i had to find a "similar" version bc of its limited edition :( .. anyway my cheaper version of it smells identical haha

laurindis
laurindis

This smells like loud summer beach party to me, pineapple, coconut, mango and candy all the way, but really pleasant and uplifting.

xiaoxiao
xiaoxiao

This smells exactly like a less sweet version of the new 2011 Taj Sunset.
I prefer this one because of its hint of sour notes.
However, this is still EXTREMELY sweet.
like tooth-ache cavities sweet.
I don't like the ridiculous price tags on these now discontinued escada perfumes, nor do I like the almost non-existent lasting power, but overall I do enjoy this perfume for its sweet summery goodness while it lasts.

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

Not very long lasting but smells delicious! Very young, energetic vibe to it. The best way to wear this: after spending a day on the beach, take a shower and then spray this generously and go out!! It doesn't break new ground but it is pleasant for humid summer nights.

Miss_J
Miss_J

This is also my college staple. It smells like fruit punch, but still fresh and not overly sweet. The longevity is poor...the scent is gone in 1 hour. I liked it. But I'm not going to purchase it again.

Eleiria
Eleiria

I wore this perfume for a whole summer when I was at high school, I didn't care to smell like a fruit coctail at the pool then :) It's sweet fruit punch for young ones but there's something powdery in it that makes it lovely. I remember wishing it lasted more because it was practically lost in an hour... It's a typical Escada fragrance.

guest_Maureen
guest_Maureen

I just love Rockin' Rio, one of the best perfumes!!!

ginepro
ginepro

What does hot and cold means in the recommendation list? Is it if a perfume smells hot and spicy or fresh and cool or is it just if the perfume is "hot for the moment"? :)

guest_Ang
guest_Ang

What a great scent! It's a summertime vacation in a bottle! With succulent fruits that thrive and then sandalwood to soften the scent. It's wonderful. Fun and full of life! One of my favorites! I hope it stays!

Zsuzsanna
Zsuzsanna

It is perfect for the winter.
Interestingly I have a strawberry-like feeling although it is not among the components.
For me it's more like a winter scent than a summer one.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

Just picked up this perfume, what can I say im on the fence on this one. Is it wearable absolutely but is it lovable?

I purchased it mainly due to its cheap price so I cannot complain.

JML LEE
JML LEE

this is a really great summer fragrance its fresh and fruity but not overpowering

guest_eh
guest_eh

lots and lots of compliments :) very summer, beach type of scent. it's a toilette but i still wish it had some better holding power like my others, however, reapplying never makes you smell overbearing, so that kind of makes the short-lived scent worth it to me.

guest_Irene
guest_Irene

hey I'm from Malaysia.i love rockin' Rio!the sweet and fruity smell,it's juz so refreshing!I'm 17 :) and of course i wear it to school daily :) since I've finished this rockin' Rio,I'm now switching to pacific paradise and island kiss :) if u guys noticed,they got a typical kind of smell between these 3perfumes.well nevertheless,for me,it's juz rockin' Rio's on the top of my favourite scents list :)

tsa22
tsa22

I love this! I like most of the LE's of Escada and got them all. I'm always looking forward to the new one!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I fell in love with it at the first sniff. I purchased it and wore it passionately for a while until...something happened. I mean, what I originally loved about it now I dislike. Sweet, sugary and very fruity, reminds me of cheap body mist from any bath collection, and sunscreen. Pineapple juice with coconut and rum, it sounds like the perfect pina colada... but do I want to smell like I spilled a whole drink on my shirt??? Good for vacation maybe but not much more. It's a fruit salad with too much sugar in it, and not enough spice or kick. My 5 year daughter and her friends adore it. Great for perfuming her dolls. Still go back to it from time to time... just for fun!

x.Emiiie
x.Emiiie

Escada perfumes smell all the same: fruity-summery. Honestly they smell cheap. However the bottles are lovely..

gwennan
gwennan

I just do not like it.
Well, when I was 16 -17 years old it was ok... Maybe. But now...
Never-never-never!!! It is disgusting, I'm sick of it.

Just a story to think about.
Today I was in the bus near a woman (!!!!), not even a girl wearing this perfume. Well, maybe she had a rhinitis, and could not smell her perfume correctly, but she seemed as having spayed half a bottle of "Rocking Rio". I immediately felt sick, my head was heavy and I was feeling myself like having a nausea. Sorry, but it was really awful. After I went to the subway and fainted.
And what do I have now? Headache and knee scratch.

Sandalwood and musk are too heavy and bitter as wormwood.
Suffocating perfume like the most of Escadas are.

eskarina62
eskarina62

Got it from an exchange; was a bit sceptical about it after reading the reviews, but took the risk, anyway.
NEVER regretted it
I am no fan of Escada- had only a couple of scents and was not impressed. This one is such a summery scent that one feels the sun, the fruits and the spirit of vacation right away!
I love the way the scent develops from the yammy smell of papaya dominating the top gently moving to the more sugary feeling to give way to coconut!
Just loveable!
No pineapple to my nose - pity:(
But then who said you can have it all???

letestarr
letestarr

This is one of my Top Favorites! Everytime I wear it I hear compliments about it! It's my comfort-scent! When I don't know what to wear, I can never do wrong with Escada Rockin' Rio! I'm Brazilian, by the way, and I can say that it shows Brazil's soul! Just lovely!
Ah, and It lasts forever on my skin!

smoki
smoki

Great miracle doesn't happen if you have bottle with the same name in your hands. That was the case with "Miracle" by Lancome. But, with this one you actually get such energy that every miracle is possible.

Pinapple, sugar and coconut! You'll probably think that this is too much. You're wrong, they are complementary in this perfume. And they create aura of joy, happiness and good mood. What else do you need? In these times that's miracle, isn't it :)

P.S. It's discontinuited, unfortunately. You lucky ones, if you find it, don't miss it! For the others, I smelled "Live" by JLO and it has very, very similar joyful note!

scentnature
scentnature

this was my second love when i went thru a phaze when any perfume gave me a headache and this was the only one that didn't give me that effect no matter how much i put on. too bad it doesn't last very long. when i wear this everyone seem to stop me at my tract and ask what i'm wearing and then my aunts and cousins (notice the plural) went and bought it so i skipped it cuz we all smelled the same when we're together.

ramiske
ramiske

I just got a sample of this and to me, this is very much like other Escada scents--sweet and fruity. It is almost identical to Incanto Charms, which I prefer.
I was looking forward to this because I love anything with coconut milk, but I can't even smell a trace of it:(

Not enough character to make me purchase this.

bugsy_b
bugsy_b

Smells very sweet and very similar like other Escada summer fragrances.
Soo boring..
Especially for me who also got the Escada Island Kiss.
Plus, ugly bottle and packaging.

hena a
hena a

i dont think it is boring or too sweet. its fruity and fun. reminds me of sipping pina coladas on the beach :)

amanda
amanda

i like this one just like the other escadas, its so energising and makes me feel happier any time i wear this and i see people's reaction and they also like it on me,

Chelsea
Chelsea

i hate this scent. i hate the scent of papaya, peach and coconut. and since this fragrance is mixed up with all these, it stinks. i sprayed it on myself and im sad to say i did nt lik it one bit. It is not as good as Moon Sparkle or sunset heat.

dolita
dolita

i will go crazy with escada perfumes WHATS THE DIFF. BETWEEN THEM all of them smell the same FRUTY

guest_leila
guest_leila

i wouldnt say its not longlasting. i think its perfect for summer but wearable in other seasons as well. its very fruity so maybe very serious or elderly people dont fall in love with it, but i think its worse to try at least because its defenetely not bad:)

Gemini
Gemini

I love it! It's nice fruity,youngish. Perfect fragrance for summer. Ufortunately it isn't lasting.

aytus
aytus

it's too fruity and sweety. Sometime after it was boring for me to wear that perfume. It lasts well but it makes a headache. Preferences are different :)

Rockin' Rio by Escada 3.88 out of 5 based on 503 ratings and 68 user reviews

drugstore.com
Eau De Toilette
Escada Rockin Rio Eau de Toilette Spray Limited Edition For Women, 3.3 fl oz
Escada Rockin Rio Eau de Toilette Spray Limited Edition For Women, 3.3 fl oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Rockin' Rio fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Rockin' Rio, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rockin' Rio by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rockin' Rio by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.