Designers » D E » Chypre « Groups

Escentric 03 Escentric Molecules for women and men

Escentric 03 Escentric Molecules for women and men
dislike

Escentric 03 opens with refreshing notes of ginger root, green peppercorn and Mexican lime. A heart is centered around orris surrounded by Egyptian jasmine and soft tea notes. A base is composed of vetiver as key ingredient, sandalwood, cedar, leather and musk.

The fragrance was created by perfumer Geza Schoen as a chypre. It is said to be spicy but fresh with warm balsamic undertones, and sensuous without sweetness.

MeCompany was in charge of packaging, which accompanies the whole story about these mysterious fragrances. The flacons of both editions are simple and made of glass and their outer cartons are coloured in deep, dark green and blue shade. It suggests something dark moving just below the surface of things, something you can’t quite put your finger on. Escentric Molecules Molecule 03 and Escentric 03 are available as 100 ml Eau de Toilette. Escentric 03 was launched in 2010.

Ginger Lime Pepper

Devil In Disguise

Escentric 03 Fragrance Reviews

mmmmgood
mmmmgood

I read over on BASENOTES that this doesnt project and lasts for just 4 hrs. I LOL..

sometimes, less is more. And sometimes, more is unnecessary.That holds true for Escentric 3. I like this juice because it works in stealth mode, and envelops you in a citrus/vetiver cloud that hangs over you, all day long. You get whiffs of it, thruout the day.

now, if you need something like this to bellow like an elephant, this wont work for you. It does all that in a very laid back way, never offensive. Is it amazing?..all depends on how you define that word. Is it seminal?...no, its not. Its not going to redefine a thing.

but if you're going out on the town, feeling randy and easy-breezy, and could care less if you get laid or not, and all you wanna do is hang out in a nice spot, somewhere with your simple snifter of Drambuie, at arms length, as you eyeball everything with a pulse, NOT BOTHERED by a thing?

..this is the fragrance for you. Its an "every man" scent that just flat out smells good, and if you put it on immediately after a shower, there's just something in this perfume that jives very well with clean skin. Get ready to be flattered left and right, with every sort of flattering remark, coupled with a different opinion of what that person thinks you smell like. This is a signature scent, hands down.

chove
chove

A fetching woody-green vetiver greets me while bergamot and ginger are showcasing themselves as fibrous realistic specimens – respectively as pulp like and thready. It's quite the opposite of what I expected. Since this is strictly a high tech affair, I thought the idea was to exaggerate that mode of expression. On the other hand, it's of course clever not to, what's more futuristic than creating blown up images of the real thing?

Anyone familiar with Scandinavian sweet and soft liquorice of the crumbly but rubbery kind will recognize the melted asphalt feel, presented as a leather note, that makes Escentric 03 stand out among other perfumes constructed in a similar way. It has this super musky feel that strangely can be found in freshly made meringues (I'm suspecting it's the work of the proteins). Hard crust, tough content but, in the case of this fragrance, no sweetness. It smells like a puppy's tummy and salty dander. For all my enthusiasm though, I'm bored before it fades and would have preferred this as a massive heart in something more evolving instead.

milkyway
milkyway

@spacecreature - I personally dont think it smells anything like coca cola. On me it is a cloying sticky WD-40 type of smell..so there, try before you buy.

Also, how are you expected to buy a perfume without knowing how it smells?..shady..You should probably ask the place that sells it to at least give you a sample.

spacecreature
spacecreature

Does this really remind you in any way of coca cola or was heybritney confused when she wrote that? The place that sells it where I live doesn't have a tester for it, and I have always wanted a coca cola -like smell so was just curious if others had a similar experience with this:)

pauroj
pauroj

from the three escentric molecules this is my favorite and i wish i had bought this one instead of escentric 01.

is fresh and sharp like a male cologne at the very begining it reminds me of jo malone black vetyver but a bit more fresh in the sense that i smell the earthiness of the vetyver but still there is something fresh on top of it , not citric but fresh, no ozonic either , just nice
then after some minutes i smell smokiness clean smoke expensive smoke ,lovely , omg this is good.
and then just a lovely skin scent , this is what i thought escentric 01 would be but no , well next time i will buy this one .

heybritney
heybritney

Ok, I'm just going to say it: this scent reminds me of Coca Cola made with real sugar (not HFCS) with a touch of lime. And it's the best.

lollsazz
lollsazz

EDIT: *sigh* now I love this - it's just so complicated and has a lovely, soft dry-down. I still get a lot of zest at first, but it does go away - better just keep it far away from my nose for the first few minutes (right after spraying, this is quite intense. Some people say this is excellent for males, but I definitely don't feel male wearing this, and this dries down feminine on me
END OF UPDATE

At first I don't smell lime, actually, but lemon tree leaves. It's a bitter, lemony smell. This is only a top note though, and, unfortunately, becomes weak quite fast, but definitely does not disapper

From the first moment I also smell the vetiver (woodsy, earthy, smoky), which lingers all the way through the wear-time of this. The sandal wood and pine might be mixed into this vetiver-smell, as I can't really smell them apart in the mix. It's this middle phase I find the most beautiful! There's also something milky - I think it's the iris and pepper beginning to get through

When this fully settles, it begins to smell a bit like Chance eau Tendre by Chanel, to me. It's a powdery, iris-y, slightly sweet smell, but quite much more complex

Luckily, I don't smell any cellery in this, which I definitely get a lot of in Escentric 01 - if you dislike cellery, that one is not your friend.

All-in-all, this is an interesting perfume because it has so many layers, and the smell is unusual, fresh, woodsy, smoky (like burning wood), pencil-sharpnings-y, slightly flowery, and definitely a perfume everyone will be able to smell, unlike Molecule 01 and 02. If you have tried Molecule 03, this is quite like that one, but a bit fancier and more complex. If Molecule 03 is a guy living in a tent out in the woods (mind you, Molecule 03 is no stinky, dirty loner), this is the same guy after showering, putting on some perfume, shaving... but putting some of his forest-smelling clothes back on again.

I like this, but I don't love it. I definitely DO see why many love it though - it's complex, original, well made. I don't think I will purchase this because of one thing: it smells a little sharp-zesty on me (I'm a girl, and it feels like the zest sticks to the inside on my nose and burns a little). Molecule 03 doesn't have this zesty quality - it's just a simple smoky forest.

Manny44
Manny44

Yes , lime and CELERY!! I'll give it a full wearing tomorrow and report back but that is pretty much what I get.

TefanG
TefanG

Middle notes smell like celery!

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

Unsure about this one. The first few moments are astringent. The jury is still out....

aivars
aivars

Excellent fragrance for male! Light citrusy, vetyvery, woody and really refined, very well balanced. Remind me little bit Chanel Allure edition blanche and Cologne Noire by Van Cleef&Arpels

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Light and refreshing that in a small way reminds me of the cedar boxes I used to buy at Colonial Williamsburg when I was young. I loved their woody freshness. This fragrance echos their smell and adds its' own exotic swirls of scent that make it really wonderful!

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I now own all of the Escentric Molecules fragrances (except Kinksi). Out of all of entire set, I HIGHLY recommend Molecule 01, 02, and this fragrance Escentric 03. It is bursting with zesty lime, ginger, woods, and earthy vetiver....what a lovely alluring combination. The notes are all apparent to my nose. This is a very clean spring/summer scent and as far as I have experienced, all three of the Escentrics and all three of the Molecules are in their own class of niche perfumery. They are a one of a kind and extremely unique. Do NOT be shy with the trigger on these fragrances as you can spray 8-10 sprays if you'd like and you won't offend anyone. You really can't overspray these fragrances but they are not weak, if that makes sense. These fragrances last on your skin and clothing for hours and hours only if you aren't shy with the nozzle. Today, I blended Molecule 01 (on my clothing), Molecule 02 on my arms and wrists, and Escentric 03 on my chest and neck....and I've received three compliments within 2.5 hours at work. How many fragrances (even within the same House) can you blend 3 different scents and still smell very attractive? The answer is very few-if any. In reality, all of the Molecule and Escentric fragrances can be worn in conjunction with one another....they are versatile and easily layered..but Escentric 01, 02, and 03 and Molecule 03 work very well in the warmer climate. I rave over them obviously...and they will always be a part of my collection.

samiwonder
samiwonder

Originally looking to try Molecule 01, I ended up spraying this on my arm as the description of the notes appealed to what I was in the mood for. It starts off quite zesty-sour on my skin and after some minutes begins to turn into a softer version of the great Guerlain Mitsouko. This made me want to snap up the bottle then and there as Mitsouko itself, although I love it, is too concentrated for me to wear. But the sales lady told me to wait at least a few hours for it to develop. I'm glad she did because it turned far more spicy in the end. Still nice and unusual smelling, but not enough for me to pay the price. Definitely try all of the EM scents on your skin for an entire day.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Honestly, i have never a scent like this before. I must say worth buying for something came from afar. It's pure, legendary scent and chic magnet...definetely! I have crazy collection more than 70 bottles but this one makes a complete collection.

ekaterina.ermolova
ekaterina.ermolova

It's just WOW!! I'm in love with this scent of lime vetiver and something like a molecule of happiness. These magic molecules can change your life for the better. I have a proof...................
You can try to mix Escentric scents with your favorite cologne for new feelings

This is an interesting one. It smells VERY GOOD on paper with cool wood and tea. However, it smells sour, at first, on my skin, and it becomes very gingery lime/lemon; enough to make me say "this smells sour; almost like Pledge" The sourness stays on my skin for an hour or so. It's enough for me to question myself if it's worth getting a bottle. Anyway, I need to try it again.

FYI, my friend said it smelled like jasmine tea, and my other friend said it smelled like weed. I am amazed how it dramatically smells different from person to person.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Sweet wood notes with a hint of spice, this is my favourite from the Molecule range. Well worth trying.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escentric Molecules Escentric 03 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Escentric Molecules Escentric 03, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escentric 03 by Escentric Molecules represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.