Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Molecule 01 Escentric Molecules for women and men

Molecule 01 Escentric Molecules for women and men
dislike

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Geza Schoen. The fragrance features iso e super.

Iso E Super

Essenza del Tempo
Cashmere for Men
Cendres de The

Molecule 01 Fragrance Reviews

SimplyOliver

I had sampled Molecule01 a year ago, and happened to like it a lot... I recently came back to it since I was actually looking for a discreet, light and sensual, all-seasons fragrance that I could wear casually without anybody noticing that I was actually wearing something (I find it a tad embarrassing when I can smell myself)...
I'm glad to know that people can actually craft this on their own, but I just didn't feel like doing it, call me lazy haha. So I eventually bought a bottle of Molecule01 - on sale, thank god - , after trying it one more time.

What a delight: airy, light and inoffensive, yet so mysterious and out-of-this-world. On my skin it smells like warm, salty, dusty, velvety cedarwood. I also get the warm, sugary skin/papery effect that some reviewers have reported. It acts like a ghost fragrance, that disappears and reappears as time goes by. Molecule01 sure smells calm and comfy, very 'neutral'. Just like a second skin.

I got several positive comments at the office, and people around me never seemed to dislike it. Some said that it smelled like a kind of drug or incense, somebody that it had a fresh, citrusy smell. Some could make out the woods very well, some said it smelled like sex (sic). A few admitted that they couldn't smell anything at all. A friend suggested that it was a Hermes fragrance... not a bad guess overall! As you would expect, it all depends on the person who smells it.

Longevity is very satisfying:
- approx 8 hours on skin
- days, if not weeks on clothes
Projection is light. Just like a light cloud around me.

I also layered Molecule01 with Cartier's Declaration, Terre d'Hermès and Dior Homme Intense. As said before, it gives them volume and increase their sillage.

Interesting stuff that you should put your nose on.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

I get a lot of woods. Feels very masculine to my nose. Soft, not a harshly masculine vibe though so women could wear it if so inclined. Kind of reminds me of a lighter Tam Dao. Nice blend but not for me.

@freddiefingers

LOL it was me though! Didn't mean it was THAT strong though...just a trace but clearly identifiable as an oudish scent.

Sadness aside, I just find this odd...of course no one wants to say "i stink!" but honestly I've never been one to emit strong B.O., or any B.O. at all really. I don't spend much time around strong spices/distinct aromas either. Must just be a weird chemistry thing? I'll have to go try again to be sure.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

It sound like very mysterious perfume, smells different on everybody, it is possible? I want to try it, too bad there is none around.

weelylah
weelylah

I really like this fragrance but I have not received a single compliment on it over the last two weeks I have been using it. I have tried spraying lightly, spraying heavily, but it makes no difference.

If I spray a decent amount I can smell it on myself. I find it lovely and easy to wear. It's not my usual thing as I don't tend to go for 'synthetic' smells. (I like things like Serge Lutens Fleur d'orange, Ormonde Jayne Champaca, Guerlain L'apres L'ondee, Chanel Rue Cambon, Frederic Malle L'eau D'hiver/ en passant, many of the L'artisan Pafumers.....). But to me the smell of Molecule 01 reminds me of: paper, furniture, new fabric, a warm sauna, an expensive house filled with wood and flowers. I find some resemblance to Philosphy Amazing and Pure Grace, but on me Molecule 01 wears more easily and is less crude.

However, I must say people rarely ever compliment me on my perfumes apart from my sister who is into perfumes herself. I know its not the point of perfume, but I had hoped this would draw some of the rumored effect, just this once.

In spite of this I probably would still re-purchase as I personally like it so much and find it is the perfume I keep choosing from my massive collection at this point in time.

I have tried staying quite and seeing if it garners any response, but it hasn't. Maybe I will actually ask people now if they can smell it and if they like it. Hopefully they don't reply "yeah, smelt it all along...it's disgusting but I didn't say".

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@eaudemoi

Of all the things this smell could evoke,I never somehow put oud in the mix.Shall we nicely say you naturally stink?

someone thinks this smells like Colonia Intensa Oud concentree.Hope it's not you cos that will be a serious skin condition.

eaudemoi

At first I really couldn't smell anything and neither could the friend who was with me, but I realized just before I went to bed that there was this odd, persistent aura around me. I thought it was some other musky/spicy scent I had tested on the back of my hand during the day, but no...

Something was just wafting up, stronger and stronger but I couldn't tell where it was coming from. Then I realized I'd sprayed 01 all over myself hours earlier, and this had to be it.

The thing is...oud. Pure oud. OUUUUUUUUDDDDDDD. Not sure how to feel about it. But it certainly did have that carnal/animalistic tinge. Oh god, my pheromones smell like oud.

marcelopcr
marcelopcr

Totally love this. I get why people say they can't smell a thing. Just test it some more, it smells actually great and lasts a long time. It smells woody and clean. Try a sample.

lemongrove
lemongrove

Wow, this is one of the few fragrances that has made me stop someone and ask them what they were wearing (and she apparently had found it the same way!). I got a waft of dark, spicy forest green and had to know what it was. I had no idea it was a synthetic it smelled so...foresty. Intriguing!

ranchorita
ranchorita

I actually quite like this fragrance. It's a subtle, abiding woody accord on me. I put it on in the morning, and my boyfriend said it smelled like woods when I saw him in the evening. I could smell it on my wrist the next morning.

It's not a wall of fragrance, and I do think it is subtle and may be missed by many, but I genuinely like this. I will be inclined to pinch a bit from my boyfriend's bottle on occasions where my 3-dimensional fragrances are inappropriate.

LB152
LB152

I think these fragrances are the beginning of where things start to go horribly wrong with fragrance. I've tried it…and don't notice any significant change to mood or attraction or reaction of others (although…not sure if thats the purpose of the scent) and…I can't smell a thing. It smells like nothing more than water with some low scent additives.

In my opinion…fragrance needs to remain mysterious, sensual and about the senses not science.

In complete indifference to concept and the fragrance.

Sorry.

alanood
alanood

i just wanted to know if i could use this perfume to boost silage of other perfumes
i heard that using iso e super could hellp with poor sillage problim ,and if so
does it chang the smell of the perfume?

Cologniac
Cologniac

i just got a sample today..it might be defective though because i went out for dinner and i came home with my clothes still on...hmmm, i was expecting the Axe effect given what i have read here.

but i will give it more chances..it sure is an interesting concept! i might have to order a whole bottle to get the full effect.

I totally agree with jht4060 and the review below.

Just to add ISO E SUPER smells almost like nothing on my skin, I know that's kinda the idea when olfactory fatigue kicks in others can still smell it but this fragrance is insane! I could see my skin glistening with oil after a hefty application and I can still barely smell it. You do get occasional wafts of a pleasant woody, musky smell kinda like paper almost if that makes sense? Very close to the skin almost acting as an enhancement to your natural pheromones.
This doesn't work for me I'm afraid!

jht4060

We owe one (and only one) debt of gratitude to the three audacious Molecule perfumes released by Escentric Molecules - they are the only perfumes in the world where we know exactly what they contain and can therefore compute material cost. Even at on-line retail cost, the materials in Molecule 01 account for 1% of the retail price (with wholesale pricing for Iso E Super this would probably be less than 0.5%).

I have read several places that the typical fragrance-material cost for a perfume is 10-20% of the retail price. As far as I can discern this number is pulled out of a hat. For perfumes that contain expensive natural extracts (not because they smell better but because they sell better) these estimates may be correct. But I can now state with some authority that the material cost of most perfumes is more likely to be about 1% or less because they are made of mixtures of synthetic compounds that cost about the same as Iso E Super. The cost of the bottle is undoubtedly higher than the cost of the fluid.

The point is that we are the fools. We agree to buy these luxury items at ridiculous prices. (I am a fool right along with you, though I draw the line at the Molecule scents.) Yes we should expect to pay for the creation of new blends that smell delightful, but a 100-fold markup? Please.

PS By the way, there is nothing "cutting edge" about making the Molecule scents - most perfumes are made at the chemist's bench and have been for decades. You can easily find images of the basic idea by searching the web for "perfume organ". Even these images are anachronistic - major houses now have an automated fluid dispensing device that measures and mixes compounds for the perfumer. The perfumer works at a computer and out pops a sample, which they smell and adjust at the computer again. Much more gee-whiz than thinking "Hey I'll bet there are plenty of people out there who would waste their money on diluted Iso E Super".

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

This is a masterpiece, and worlds away from what I usually wear. My nose at home told me I smell like a robot; a beautiful robot, and he's right. It starts off cold and metallic, then warms to a copper pepper frankincense musk.

Just as the other reviews have said, I can't smell it on myself at all even when I've got my nose pressed to my wrist, but every now and then I get a whiff of something gorgeous, and then I realize it's ME.

Smells like a musky clean frankincense and the longevity is amazing. It's been 4 hours so far and I still get whiffs every now and then. Now on my wrists I get a trace of light light autumn smelling florals, almost like tobacco flowers growing down wind.

This is completely unisex and when my male fragrance buddies stopped by (my co-worker, the mailman and the copy repairman), I sprayed all of them with it and it smells amazing on them as well.

The only thing I would say is that this belongs to the 1 spray club. I am only wearing 1 spray and practically everyone that walks by has commented; even though I can't smell a thing myself, I have to stop myself from spraying a second spray. Plus, I touched up in the afternoon with BR Malachite, another light frag, and the two are magical together. Malachite has a watery bayou wet green wood smell to it and the Molecules is now "peppery" and they compliment each other well.

alittlebrittle
alittlebrittle

I bought a plain wrap version of this for less than 20.00. Just the iso super e molecule 01. I can't smell it AT ALL...but the wearer isn't really supposed to, particularly if one is anomic to the very large molecule this is. It may not move you, and you may not enjoy wearing it, until you receive the compliments. A few people have asked what I'm wearing, and one said it was the best patchouli he'd ever smelled. Everyone smells something different, but they definitely smell it. As stated previously, this is a very large molecule, so the nose becomes accustomed to it very quickly. Most will smell this only on someone as they're passing, or only initially when in the same room. Such an enigmatic and interesting concept for such a simple scent. One note, and not even a really describable one.

I love to wear fragrances that make me feel good when I smell them on myself (who doesn't), so this one is a challenge and takes patience. I do catch a supremely lovely whiff of sultry cedar and clean linens every so often...seemingly out of nowhere, until I realize it's me.

You MUST try this! Don't expect much out of the bottle, just WEAR IT! It really IS there, you just may not be able to smell it at all, just like me, but trust me, others will.

What a genius idea to throw a cheap single chemical in some cheap alcohol, package it in a beautiful bottle and sell it for a huge mark-up! Wish I'd thought of it first!

DIARKQIKU
DIARKQIKU

What a lucky person I was that Tuesday!

On Tuesday, it is the bazaar day on my city. I went out as usual to find anything brought by different tradesman and with a cheap price. When I was checking the tends one by one, I suddenly saw a bottle of perfume. When I approached and took the perfume in my hands, I saw that it was 80% full. I started to read its name and it was called Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules. At that time, a year before, I didn't recognize the brand. But I thought the name intriguing (I din't believe it was a quality scent). I put on a micro spray on my left wrist and smelled it. However, I asked the tradesman what was the price.

Me: What is the price of this perfume?
He: 1 euro.
Me: Could I get it for 50 cents?
He: OK.
I gave him the 50 cents, took the perfume, and started going on foot at the national library where there are PC with Internet to surf for free. I decided to go there purposefully to see if the perfume was listed on Fragrantica. That day was a hot September day and during the way at the library, I started sniffing that micro spray that I had put before I bought the perfume. Even that it was a very tiny drop of perfume, I could smell it. To me it smells exactly like fresh, sweet cannabis plant and also like the pages of a new printed book. The smell is quite linear all the way along. As I mentioned before, that day was quite hot and I was wearing a black T-shirt without any printing and military green Fishbone jeans with a lot of pockets and zippers. On top of that, I was wearing a black, shiny leather jacket and black sneakers. The way to the library is something like 1 km, and during the way, completed with appropriate clothes (meaning: the black and military green go well with the color and smell of fresh cannabis, get it! :)), I also was showered and wasn't wearing any perfume that day. Walking down the square of the city and smelling the perfume on my wrist time to time, I honestly felt like a king! In my mind that day, the perfume smelt like a strange perfume (I like strange perfumes very much!). I have to add, in hotter weather like spring, or summer or early autumn, Molecule 01 projects a higher sillage and is truly noticeable to others.

When I arrived at the library, I entered in Fragrantica, wrote the name of the perfume and surprisingly, I saw a lot of comments about it and I was pretty sure now that it wasn't a regular Joe perfume. I searched for its price on Google and BOOM!
Its price was something like 100 euro! What a buy!
I was very proud of myself and very lucky because I had only 50 cents left in my pocket that day! If the tradesman kept it for example like 3 euros, it would be difficult to take it. I also am very curious to know which was that fool who used the 20% of the perfume. Maybe it was the tradesman, who used the entire 20% for a single time, seeing that it isn't that much noticeable and so decided to sell it cheap because of its lack of 'smell' and good aroma. What stupid creature. But anyway, I consider that to be an advantage because he then wouldn't sell it that cheap. So, being a fool sometimes helps people!

This was my story, I am going to post another comment on another time for the perfume itself!

Thanks for reading!

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Oh lord, how I wish I hadn't bought this. I sampled this on a sticky note in my room. My entire house smells like it!!!!! I burned the sample days ago because I hated the smell. The smell is literally coming out of nowhere. Popping up in my kitchen, my basement! I walked up to my front door step smelling it and started crying. I think I have some type of hyper sensitivity to it. The aroma is so potent, I've thrown up twice. Help meee D:

Kain
Kain

WOW, what a strange fragrance!
When you take a look at the note breakdown there is only one chemical component but when you sniff it it's a true fragrance with lots of characters!
Some people say they can't smell it but I can clearly smell it and it's a very good and completely masculine scent. gals stay away!
The opening is a boozy scent with lots of spice specially cinnamon and maybe some clove.
I can smell a woody scent too that smell like cedar.
It's a very sharp woody and spicy scent with boozy aspect.
As time goes by the boozy feeling is gone and I can smell that sharp woody and spicy scent with just a little amount of sweetness.
There is a weak earthy feeling, something like vetiver too but it's in the background.
There is no big changes to the end.
Projection is very good and longevity is around 8-10 hours on my skin.

یه عطر بسیار عجیب و خاص
نه اینکه بوی خیلی خاصی داشته باشه
نکته جالب اینجاست که بعنوان رایحه های این عطر فقط یه ماده شیمیایی ذکر شده ولی وقتی اونو بو میکنی یه عطر پیچیده با کلی رایحه های مختلف رو استشمام میکنی
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با یه بوی الکلی مانند به همراه یه عالمه رایحه های چوبی و ادویه ای شروع میشه
بعضی ها میگن وقتی این عطرُ استفاده میکنن هیچ بویی حس نمیکنن اما من بوشو به راحتی حس میکنم و بوی خیلی خوبی هم داره اتفاقا
رایحه الکلی به خاطر کیفیت بد عطر نیست. نوعی خاص از رایحه الکلی هست که تو عطرها استفاده میشه و حس مشروب مانند داره بعنوان مثال یکی از معروفترین هاش لوبین ایدُل
این همچین حسی داره
در کنار اون رایحه قوی و تند و تیز چوبی شبیه به چوب درخت سرو و یه عالمه رایحه های ادویه ای خصوصا دارچین و میخک حس میشن که در مجموع بوی تلخ و چوبی و سنگینی به عطر میدن
در ادامه و با گذر زمان بوی الکلی از بین میره و میشه همون بوی چوبی ادویه ای رو حس کرد به همراه مقدار بسیار کمی رایحه شیرین
یه بوی خاکی شبیه به وتیور هم حس میشه اما در حاشیه هست و خیلی قوی نیست
بوی عطر تا آخر تغییر زیادی نمیکنه و به همین صورت میمونه
پخش بوش خوبه و ماندگاری بالایی بین 8-10 ساعت روی پوست داره
به نظر من این عطر یه کار هنریه و عطرسازش یه هنرمند کار با مواد شیمیایی و البته عطاری

Nimboo
Nimboo

I had read so many magical reviews!
Unfortunately, this was near non-existent on my skin, despite dousing myself several times..
What little trace of scent I could detect were, however, pleasant enough.

sniif
sniif

I asked my co worker what she thought of it and she said it smelled like a bathroom spray, smooth, and like Febreeze. I don't use room sprays, so I don't know, but I kind of understand where the bathroom reference came from. This scent has a slight play doh character sometimes that just makes me think of a quiet, clean bathroom. Other than the smooth semi-play doh smell there's a texture of a shifting cloud like steam from freshly ironed laundered clothes...but moving (almost bubbling), coarse, and transluscent grey. This cloud projects around my body like an aura. Putting the nose to the arm, I smell shrill pepper or nothing at all (which is what's expected, based on descriptions). However, I have come across a perfume before that had the same disappearing-reappearing quality and it was Tea For Two by L'Artisan. It was my first "transparent" perfume composed of few notes which came up and died down individually or together. I really don't know whether I like this quality. I appreciate the novelty of it, but at the same time I want to be able to smell a perfume for as long as its on me. To be continued...

mr.lafayette
mr.lafayette

After reading the reviews about Molecules 01 by jht4060 I decided to do just what he said. I purchased the Iso E Super, Ambroxan and perfumer's alcohol from Perfumer's Apprentice. I also purchased glass bottles with eyedropper tops and disposable pipettes. Total price around $30.
So I mixed up the Iso E Super to make my own Molecule 01 and the Ambroxan to make my own Molecule 02. They smelled great but I since I had never smelled the originals I didn't know how close my recipe was to the manufactured versions. So I ordered samples and guess what. My versions were much stronger - almost too concentrated. I preferred the manufactured versions so I added more perfumer's alcohol and guess what? I can get a very close match. So I ended up with enough supplies to make 10 bottles of Molecule 01 and 02 for around $30. And it was fun playing chemist. Plus I think the fragrance in interesting, subtle and modern.

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

I purchased recently and although I found it more masculine than anything I usually wear, I have worn it daily since, as it has definitely grown on me. I smell cedar - a bit like a sauna, as well as sandalwood. I've used it with other fragrances as well. At times there is a faint trace of something more flowery. It is mysteriously addictive. Lots of fun once you adjust to its unusual nature.

DianaErika
DianaErika

I have just received my 'tester' bottle of Molecule 01...I sniff....a very slight light aroma...fresh...then...gone.

Is this the Emporers New Clothes in the Perfume world ?

shipit2
shipit2

So many comments, I had to try this one.

I love it, although it's not my all-time favourite. My wife thinks it’s really nice, but prefer more manly scents – as this one is kind of boyish. Sexy, but boyish.
To add some value on top of the pervious comments, I would say that there is a mild synthetic flavour to it. It’s not too bad as it adds stability to the scent, but you can smell it’s not blossom or citric.
The scent itself is very linear, it’s not too deep and does not evolve, but fades away rapidly. This is slightly disappointing as there is no game to this perfume.
It does come and go – my sister asked me what perfume do I wear after I had it for few hours, when I thought it completely gone.
I wouldn’t buy it again when it’s done.

wilbs
wilbs

The concept of Escentric Molecules is certainly an intriguing one, Molecule 01 being the poster child of their cutting edge, modern take on perfume. It is white lab coats meet hype (including the celebrity kind) and a little bit of hocus pocus. The perfumer responsible for Molecule 01, Geza Schoen, is a genius. Whether this title is for his minimalist creations or marketing panache is entirely up to your olfactory senses and/or willingness to shell out a small fortune for the privilege of dousing yourself in a common, inexpensive ingredient (Iso E Super) suspended in perfuming alcohol.

Some noses report violets, ozone, lightening (does this even have a smell?), amber or musk, however cedar seems to be the popular consensus. Others cry 'snake oil', claiming to detect no scent at all which is odd considering Iso E Super, the solitary note in this fragrance, is used frequently in modern mainstream perfumery to deliver the smooth, amber and woody notes or the 'velvet' sensation of a scent. It is said to adapt to the chemistry of the wearer, smelling differently on each person. An individual fragrance, if you will.

My thoughts on this perfume? I love it. I detect sweet sawdust, a nuance of amber and something I can't place. Old books come to mind. On my boyfriend (this is a unisex scent) I smell what I can only describe as sexy potpourri (I didn't think such a possibility credible either, but there you go). The 'sexy' part could be chalked up to Iso E Super being something of a amplifier to one's natural pheromones (which have a strong influence on people attracting and repelling each other).

Despite my experience in liking Molecule 01, I can't help but feel duped. Much like the anti-art movement that saw Marcel Douchamp exhibiting a urinal as art, are Escentric Molecules pissing in the urinal of perfumery with their anti-perfumes? Best keep Brian Eno unadvised seeing as he is - to date, or at least known to date - the only successful person to use Douchamp's exhibit for its purpose.

BiancaLovesPerfume
BiancaLovesPerfume

So we don't get this in South Africa... which makes me feel like I have an itch that I cannot scratch :(

Deefit
Deefit

Recently I bought a 20% solution of Iso E Super, I figured it would be the same as Molecule 01. Today I smelled Molecule 01 for the first time and my solution is much stronger. So strong even, that I can pick it up perfectly throughout the entire day. Molecule 01 however is much, MUCH more subtle. It surfaces and disappears at random, but a few hours after application on just my wrist, my father clearly picked up on it. Apparantly this stuff radiates like crazy, but I could barely smell it.

I thought I had some insight into the mystery of Iso E Super with my 'home' made solution, but Molecule 01 really is a mysterious fragrance. It acts like an enhanced skinscent I suppose, clearly detectable by those around me. If this is the case with a 10% solution of Iso E Super, I wonder how others perceive my 20% solution? Every time I wear it, people ask me what it is, it gets compliments like crazy.

Today I layered Molecule 01 with Escentric 01 and I was quite amazed actually. I like it, but it's a pity they're marketed to be bought as a pair.

äppelpaj
äppelpaj

Hmm.. I was disappointed.
I can smell it, but it didn't make me wild or go bananas which I kind of hoped it would lol...
It's a really odd scent, and I'm not sure what I think about it really..
It's cedary and it's sweet, and I'm not really crazy about cedar tbh.
There is something about it that's nice, but there is also something about it that's suffocating and nauseating. It gets under your skin.
It's probably nicer to smell it on someone else than on yourself.
I say definitely be careful with the amount you apply.. I nearly choked myself and some other people on the bus the first time I tried it.

marily
marily

I was in a club and one woman passed me through and I was sniffing her perfume.....how outstanding it was!!!! I asked immediately what perfume she was wearing to buy it!!!! Absolutely adorable and seductive scent!!!!! Highly recommended!!!!

candieland
candieland

Reading the reviews, I was a little iffy about this fragrance because I am not one who buys into the gimmicks and let's face it, there has been a ton of gimmicks and hype behind this fragrance. I think the gimmicks may be why soo many people have such a negative reaction to the fragrance. With that being said, we all know there is not some magical potion to make others fall in love with us. Too, I understand that everyone's chemistry is different as well as our preferences so I decided to take the risk and order this one because regardless of the positive/negative split I was intrigued.

I just received my bottle today as well as a smaller sample. I am aware of countless reviews which called the scent a water and/or peek-a-boo scent because of how it may or may not show up on your skin. With this in mind, I sprayed a small spray of my sample on the inside of my elbow and took a sniff right away. Reportedly, the first spray should have smelled like alcohol or nothing at all but to my surprise I got an instant, very pleasant scent of I believe cedar. As I watched the clock, I took sniffs every few mins or so expecting it to disappear. 20 mins in and the scent still had not disappeared on my skin but instead sweetened.

I wish I could describe the smell to you all but it's hard to describe. I find it to be absolutely intoxicating. It is very warm and sweet with just a slight woodiness...but still like nothing I've ever smelled. It is very sexy and very sensual. I know this can be used on both men and women but on my skin it smells purely feminine. I know our chemistry will make the scent react differently so I can only say how it reacts to mine, personally. I honestly feel sorry for those who cannot detect this one on their skin because it is such a unique experience.

It has been close to 3 hours and the small spray to my inner arm is still going strong. As I type I can get very clear whiffs of it. I am stumped as to how such simple ingredients could create, in my eyes, such a masterpiece. I am sooo glad that I purchased this one and I know it will be a favorite. I will be interested to see now how/if others will enjoy it on me as well as it was funny to read some of the reviews regarding how others reacted to the scent.

I feel this one is very versatile and is one that could be worn year-round day or night as it is very pleasant and inoffensive. On me since it shows up so well I do not think i'd go over 2 sprays as it could turn very strong.

If in doubt about this one, I say try the sample at least...you could end up being very...very surprised. Good luck with this one :)

Heverton
Heverton

This is a very tricky fragrance in my opinion. For years I've been trying to get my hands on it. Not to sample it, but to actually grab a bottle, and I finally have one!

So, I know about the iso E super, which is a very cheap molecule. I know people say stuff about this being to expensive and I know about the mystery surrounding it.

That being said, let's dig into the fragrance itself!

The first thing I have to say about this fragrance (and the take home message of this review as well) is: sample it first! There are a lot of people who just are insensible to iso E super. If you spray water on your clothes and this fragrance, both will smell exactly the same! And UNFORTUNATELY i'm one of them.

To me this fragrance smells just like a woodsy fragrance when I smell it straight from the bottle. When I spray it on my skin, it just looks like there's no fragrance at all on my skin. As I said, it looks like I just sprayed water on me!

But oh boy...for the ones who are actually sensible to this molecule (which I call lucky bastards)...they go CRAZY! I don't know what happens, but they love the smell!

In my work place, only one woman, out of the entirely place is able to smell it. When I use this fragrance, she can smell me from far far away! It's like my fragrance arrives first than me. I don't know how it is possible, but it happens! She goes banana for this fragrance!

Annyway, long story short: you MUST sample this one first before buying it. If you can smell it, you are lucky, if your partner can smell it, you are lucky as well! But if you are in the same team as I am...well, just keep in mind that some people will smell you, and they will LOVE it, but this corresponds to let's say 10% of the population, so keep that in mind.

Aaron H
Aaron H

I think I'm skeptical when it comes to what exactly is in this fragrance. I think that is part of the hype. Even though it is marketed as a purely 'iso e super' and alcohol fragrance I think there is more to it. Fragrance manufacturers are not required to publish every ingredient in a perfume unless they are on the hit list.

There is no doubt that this is mainly an iso e super fragrance but as many of you know - if you use 98% iso and 2% of something else for the fragrance base there is a very different fragrance going on. It's still an iso fragrance but very different.

That said, unless the trace amounts of whatever else is in this - and I do believe there are other ingredients - are super expensive, I don't think the price can be justified. But people really like it and are STILL buying like crazy, so whatever floats their boat.

Does anyone have access to a gas chromatography apparatus? If so please test this, it would be great to know once and for all.

WildDove
WildDove

Transparent lemon zest and clean musk over light woods -- airy and magical. Take a deep breath and revel in the spaciousness. I love this but the headache potential can be overwhelming if you get too much on.

steve0580
steve0580

This is overpriced niche.

I ordered a sample of it from LuckyScent and also ordered supplies (ISO E Super & Perfumer's Alcohol) to make a 50ml bottle at home.

Pour the Iso E Super and Alcohol into a bottle with an atomizer. Shake. That's it.

It has a light cedar smell. There is no discernible difference between the sample I bought and the batch I made.

A 3.5 oz bottle from the Manufacturer is $135. The supplies for my bottle cost $12. Make it at home yourself, unless you like spending an extra $100 on a bottle with a fancy label.

Steppero
Steppero

I just received my sample of this stuff and, all i get is first spray smells like alcohol then nothing. Can't smell a thing. No one around me can smell anything either, or maybe they can and just dont say anything. either way i don't see the justification is buyng something i can't smell and no one else can smell either. Unless something changes the next few times i wear the samples, this is a con fragrance.

Carlycakes
Carlycakes

New to this site...I wear perfume to make myself feel good, to make me happy. Like clothing, I wear it to fit my mood. However, I am 3 hours in, and 4 spritz later, I am not smelling this "mystery" scent. I will give it the college try all day, but in order for me to feel good, I want to smell it on me. So I am not seeing all the rage at this time. I want something beautiful, something that people will compliment me on...(no compliments or comments yet from people at work). I wear Coco Mademoiselle, but I am always looking for the "Holy Grail" and I am always found at the perfume counter...if anything changes I will report back....

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is nice, but very linear and a little too masculine for me. All I got from this was straight cedar. Pleasant but not enough for the price.

T frag
T frag

Can i mixed this whit other perfumes ..?

bren400
bren400

Nothing but VIOLETS! I purchased a 1 ml decant for $7.99 on Ebay and I was REALLY excited about trying this but unfortunately, I didn't like this, it smells STRAIGHT masculine on me! :-( I really don't know why it's labeled as a unisex frag. It's the same flat scent throughout the whole time wearing it. What a waste of my $$$. If you are a female that likes soft, feminine, fresh and/or floral scents, this is NOT for you!

MrClements
MrClements

I love Molecule 01. It opens with a woody tone which transforms into a soft violet tone. Constantly playing peekaboo just to remind you you're wearing it. Noticed several people hovering closely today...

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Im with Del........NOTHING......

Wait...wait...wait....1 hour later and I get the woody smell. So soft and faint I can BARELY smell it.

angel6
angel6

Got my bottle this morning and I'm very happy, it's a skin scent, with a lovely cedar, musc vibe.It came wrapped in a brown paper from the shop I ordered, and the paper smells beautiful, I wonder if it is the smell of Molecule 01 or the other perfumes they stock.
It is lovely.
For the people that think they cannot smell anything after a while I can say that I have a friend that work in a boutique in town and the other day I went in to see her and she was wearing this perfume, I could smell her from the door almost from the street as the door was open, the wearer cannot smell but other people can.

dboudresux8
dboudresux8

I purchased this after reading about it in a book. I do love it. My son and I can smell it, but my husband can't. I think he thinks we are playing a joke on him. Well, I purchaed the one ounce travel refill spray for $54.oo on Lucky Scents and I am glad I did. It starts out like a whiff of ozone (think lightening or electricty?), then it warms up to cedar. This is where it stays on me. Maybe a tad musky but mostly cedar. It is wonderful, clean, and good in this New Orleans summer heat! Try the sample first, it may surprise you!

jht4060

[Someone recently asked me if my Molecule reviews are jokes. They are not. They are instructions. Yes I do sometimes poke fun at perfumes, but home perfume making is an easy hobby and lots of fun.]

How to make Molecule 01:

Buy a bottle of Iso E Super from Perfumer's Apprentice on-line. It is cheap.

Buy a good size bottle of "perfumer's alcohol" (pure ethanol, though to make it legal they add a little "denaturant" whose purpose is to taste horrid or make you nauseous if you drink it). You should be able to find that locally with some effort, but also on-line at saveonscents and many other places. You can probably get away with a cheap unscented vodka (essentially ethanol and water).

Put a small amount of ethanol into a bottle (any kind will do). Add Iso E Super (swirl to mix) until the mixture smells right when dried down on your wrist. It will probably be about 10 to 20% IES by volume (1 part IES to 4 parts ethanol). If you use an eyedropper and count ethanol and ISE drops then, after you get the proportion to your liking, you can easily make a bigger batch by counting drops. Or just make your first batch by pouring them into a tall bottle and making a whole lot. Or get fancy and buy a 100 ml graduated cylinder (Amazon has them).

Nothing happens when you mix them. There is no magic, no special ingredient, no "wait a month while the scent matures". All that is made up or imagined. It is basic chemistry - oil dissolved in ethanol. Commercial perfumeries usually add anti-oxidants and UV blockers to make the perfume last longer in the bottle, but they have no effect on the scent on your skin, and are completely optional. They also usually add a few percent water so that it doesn't have as much of the strong sweet ethanol scent for the first few seconds. Tap water is fine but if you want to be really authentic use distilled water from the grocery store. Don't add too much water or the Iso E Super will start precipitating (the solution will get cloudy, if that happens just add back some ethanol and it will clear up). I don't add any water to my homemade perfumes - it makes no difference after the first 30 seconds because ethanol is very volatile (it all evaporates quickly).

You can make other Molecule scents by changing Iso E Super to whatever the perfumer lists (Ambroxan is one). All are available from Perfumer's Apprentice cheaply. Quite a few single molecules smell really good, including many not marketed by Escentric Molecules. It is great fun to experiment. If you start combining more than one you are entering the realm of perfume composition.

A few things that make all this a bit easier to do or nicer to use:
- a few small glass reagent bottles with caps
- disposable pipettes (little plastic bulb thingies that make it
easier to transfer liquids and count drops)
- a fillable perfume spray atomizer or roll-on bottle
These and other things are available at Perfumer's Apprentice and
many other places.

Nothing about this is the least bit dangerous as long as you keep open flame away from the pure ethanol. Even if the ethanol catches on fire you will just have a little desk top flambe - it doesn't explode and it is easy to put out with a towel.

If all of this seems too annoying to go through, by all means spend $155 on a 100 ml bottle of Molecule 01. It has a lovely subtle ambery woody scent that lasts very well. You can make a liter for about $30. You can make 10 liters for about $150. Or you can buy 10 liters from Escentric for $1,550 (yes, that is a 100x markup from material costs - actually much more because they will get wholesale prices).

Happy mixing!

- James Thomas

P.S. A short list of compounds that would probably make good ambery-woody-musky single molecule perfumes. All are available from Perfumer's Apprentice and all are middle or base notes so should persist a long time. The comments are a combination of Perfumer's Apprentice notes and my notes - I have them all.
Ambroxan - ambergris salty sweet skin creamy blond-woody (Molecule 02)
Cetalox - (aka Ambrox) close to Ambroxan (but a different molecule)
Cedramber - like ambroxan with a cedar note
Dihydroambrate - rich woody ambery
Ebanol - rich sandalwoody
Javanol - the rich creamy part of sandalwood without the woody part
Cosmone - sweet warm musk
Grisalva - ambergris leather
Iso E Super - subtle woody amber (Molecule 01)
Kohinool - woody ambery with dark floral nuances
Norlimbanol - dry woody amber, subtly penetrating
Orriniff - orris root violet leaf amber leather
vetiveryl acetate - the main smell in vetiver, dry fresh rooty woody (Molecule 03)
Many other musk compounds, including Ambrettolide and Cashmeran.
Some of these molecules smell similar to others, but all of them have unique nuances that you may prefer or dislike.

PPS. Lots of other synthetics are available from Perfumer's Apprentice (and hopefully other sites outside of North America), along with descriptions of their scent quality. Fruit, wood, flower, musk, spice, sweet, they are all there. You can use any of them to make perfume blends - hence the name Perfumer's Apprentice.

deepseababy
deepseababy

I bought this scent yesterday after I smelled it on my best friend. She herself noticed it on another person and had to ask her about the name when they met again. Actually I don't like smelling like anyone else in my surroundings but I was so fascinated about the concept of the Molecules series... so I went to a store in Berlin where I could try all of the Molecules. The assistant recommended the Molecule 01 to me as the most popular one and also the most appropriate for women. Smelling this on my friend generates the associations: warm, woody, freshly washed linen, cozy, deep, sexy, never too much but omnipresent, personality, the essence of "a good smelling person", clean, skinlike, sympathetic, very attractive, velvety, precious... :)
When I tried it at home it gave off a scent of juniper/fresh/woody/spicy. And yes, I can smell it on myself! It's quite longlasting and recurring. I really hope I smell with it even as good as my friend does for me. I think it is really special and I'm glad I spent the money for it.. could be my alltime favorite

rosecarmethine

just so everyone knows, i am NOT a chemist, just a perfume lover--and especially molecule 01. this is not a complicated scent to make. believe me, i bought 2 bottles because i loved it, but when i realized i could make it pretty simply, i did. there is no difference in the bottles i bought from aedis and the ones i made except the price! and i literally bought iso e super & perfumer's alcohol..that's it. very easy, didn't even blow up my town!

rosecarmethine

I adore this fragrance, but quite frankly, hated spending so much money! one of the reviewers, jht4060, mentioned that he could make it, so I messaged him him & asked him to make some for me...but thankfully, he suggested I make it myself and kindly walked me through buying the ingredients and patiently instructed me on how to recreate it---well, I am eternally grateful to jht4060!!!! I wear this ALL THE TIME now and am complimented on a daily basis....love it!!!! thx jht4060!!! <3

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Evertyhing has been said already - you can't detect it too much on yourself and it will smell different on everyone.

I'm enjoying my sample today and I came here just to see if anyone thought it smelled a bit like Diptyque's Tam Dao - and to my surprise - someone did! I can detect it on myself from time to time, and on me it smells a lot like Tam Dao. Sandalwood/Cashmerewood/rosewood abstract woods-velvet like.

I will try and layyer it with other skinscents like EL Bronze Goddess or Narciso Rodriguez EDT musks. I have a feeling it could make them even sexier than they already are. I'm very excited to experiment with it!

I don't buy into the whole 'alchemist' and 'magical' aspect of Molecule 01, but I do think it's an interesting concept and a great scent for people who don't like to detect their own perfume and want something unique and discreet.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Received my Limited Edition black beautiful Escentric Molecule01 bottle today. To the people who doubt this wonderful formula, you need to understand that this is a Basenote fragrance, the scent cannot and is not intended to hit your olfactory system by sniffing the bottle or upon immediate application thereafter. This magical juice works its magic and will outlast nearly most of the competition in the end. Sniffing the atomizer nozzle is not a good way to test this fragrance. Spray it on a napkin or article of clothing and come back hours later or a day later and test the area. This juice is a powerhouse in terms of longevity and although it lasts, it is subtle. The best way to describe Molecule01 in my opinion (as well as a fellow niche fanatic friend of mine) is like someone took the washing machine filled it with clean white cotton t-shirts, water, old school detergent suds, some wood chips and the lightest bit of musk, vanilla, and a touch of spice.. It's really not loud at all. It is also really "safe", the scent is not overbearing in any department. It's just pleasant and simple the way the earth smells after a rainstorm. The smell is present, and detectable, but not way turned up. This fragrance doesn't have the "top" notes that cover up the alcohol ingredient like all other cologne/perfume have. Be AWARE, you may not be able to detect this on yourself however with that being said, others will notice the distinct nuances this juice possesses that set it aside from the rest. You really have to give this perfume time to evolve and "arise" in the way it was designed to work. If you are looking for a versatile fragrance that can be worn in any weather or temperature, that will last, not offend the most finicky, and appeal to the masses, then go for it because Molecule01 is worth the money, the patience, and the experience.

UPDATE:
Day 2 of wearing/testing Molecule01 and I often forget that I am wearing it because it is airy and quiet however I am able to detect a significant scent trail whenever movements are made. One could say that Molecule01 was constructed for the audience more so than the owner however I enjoy it whole heartedly. My wife has given it her stamp of approval and this is a big deal to me as she is often critical of my fragrances. I think this will be part of my collection for as long as I am around. I wish I could meet the owners of Escentric Molecules one day. What a dream that would be!

K1
K1

I don't know how Iso-E Super smells cause I tested it mixed with Escentric 01 as the instruction is so.
The result is something very vetivery peppery and woody with a faint hint of floral masculinity after the smoky opening. I hardly dare to label it for girls. It's a nice official intoxicating men perfume. Of course I'm talking about the two perfumes together. The sellers said that the concept of the company is to wear them together and you have to pay for both bottles. You spray Molecule then its Escantric on it to fix it.

williamvargas
williamvargas

one interesting disappearing and reappearing fragrance ,all I know is I cannot detect it after just a short time but once a while I think I smell it. I have a hard time telling what it really smells like? I have read all of the above but for me it is more of a mystery , but I get compliments , like you smell good today. funny, but it apparently works.I have a small sample about 10 mil right now, I am really thinking about just springing for some. because it is interesting..I do miss not being able to really enjoy the fragrance myself though , but maybe worth it for a presentation you seem to get. I have read about making it yourself , but knowing me I would probably mess it up lol..would be a pity to go thru all of that to only have it be the wrong mixture. I will just look to buy some. just interesting ..maybe experimenting with layering as some have mentioned. that might be fun to try.

SimplyOliver

After all the "speculation" around this so-called fragrance, I finally got to fully try it on my skin after receiving a sample from a shop of niche scents where I live.

And I gotta say, this is a really nice discovery ! Or rediscovery, as some of my favorite fragrances are packed with that molecule.

I get the "warm skin" vibe described by so many reviewers. I agree, it's really, really sexy.
A hint of cedar and soap in the background also.
This "warm skin note" makes me want to put Molecule 01 in the "animalic" category. I think it deserves it. So odd and sensual.

It seems really light when it comes to projection, I can barely smell it on myself, and I didn't get noticed much either.
I asked a sale lady if she could smell anything on my left wrist (where I sprayed Molecule 01, 30 minutes ago), she got her nose really close to my skin and told me all she could smell was a faint of "lemon".

Overall I like it, it's intriguing and long lasting.
Sort of a "ghost scent" if you ask me. You don't know exactly when it's going to strike back.

I'll try to layer my fragrances with it, as some say it's pretty nice.

Ps. 110€ here. Damn.

Edit. Lasted 20+ hours on skin ; 50+ hours on clothes.

Phoenix1
Phoenix1

For all of you naysayers. I have to say based on the numerous negative reviews on this fragrance and all of the hoopla regarding "It's all marketing BS...Don't buy into it.", I say: You're wrong! I got my bottle today from Luckyscent and theres a reason its their number 1 selling fragrance. It works. It's Clean, Fresh and light and I can actually get away with wearing it in doctor's offices because the scent is amazingly simple and non-offensive...I like this a lot. and tonight when I got the bottle in the mail, my wife had stepped out so I proceeded to try it out...Two shots to the neck and I waited. Wife walks in and I purposely walked by her. "What's that smell???" I didn't smell anything...So, I said, "what smell?"..."YOU smell very good!"....I said, "I do?" She said, "YESS!!! " and on and off throughout the WHOLE night she kept saying that I smelled REALLY GOOD. Now, mind you, I have over 30 Frags in my cabinet that I alternate routinely throughout the week and maybe one or two may get a "wow you smell great" from my wife on occasion but NEVER EVER have I received the amount of compliments from my wife as I have with this beauty.

I think the problem with the fragrance snobs on this site is you can't smell it on you and thus what's the point? Many and justifiably so, wear fragrance to please themselves and nobody else. So, OF COURSE, they are not going to like this fragrance very much and of COURSE they are going to "poo-poo" the idea of wearing a fragrance that really doesn't smell. I love the compliments and frankly, I don't get very many with the other, more pricier fragrances that I have purchased.....This gets the compliments and if you're NOT into that? Then I suggest you steer away from this purchase. If you like smelling yourself, then buy something else.

Secondly, I'm not a chemist, I don't have a lab in my garage to mix this stuff. I know numerous people have offered "recipes" for making a batch of Molecule 01 and frankly I don't think they no what they're doing and certainly blending it the way its suppose to be done is a definite science and unless you are a master parfumer, I don't think you can get it exactly like this fragrance... Sure it's cheaper to do it yourself but a.) I dont think the concoction you make in the garage is the same mixture as Molecule 01 and B.) Why put yourself through hell trying to get it right when they have conveniently mixed it for you and perfectly blended the ingredients to create a masterpience fragrance? I'm too lazy for that and rather just spend the 100 bucks on the "marketing ploy" as they call it...

I love it and I give this one a 4.5 out of 5 ! Great longevity and Sillage and highly recommend this one for daily wear. and don't let the naysayers scare you off to this wonderful fragrance.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Note: I did not buy this fragrance - I made it myself with some Iso E Super from the perfumer's apprentice and Everclear 190. Molecule 01 is a 10% dilution; mine was 15%.

Yes, I can smell the molecule undiluted in the bottle despite the fact that the molecules are large and are reputedly not detectable undiluted, and yes, I could smell it going on me and on my skin. This stuff has very good longevity.

To my nose it smells like warm skin in flannel or, alternatively, like a very faint cedar smell. It has a warm, soft "snuggly" smell. I don't get musk, pepper or amber. It's probably the warm skin impression that gives this scent its reputed "sexiness."

It's nice - a good smell. Not, "I HAVE to have it," just nice.

Reputedly, you can use this to layer and give your favorite scent a velvety quality. So I tried it with Chanel Pour Monsieur, and, yes, it kind of "smudged" the scent. I got the impression that the layered mix was now Pour Monsieur upon skin - not just Pour Monsieur. The Iso E Super also outlasted the Pour Monsieur on my wrist.

I had a pregnant friend of mine sniff this - she liked it. Her husband paused, considered, and said, "bug spray." To my wife it smells like something in a cleaning agent and somewhat soapy.

An odd molecule, this!

del
del

N on-projecting woody “fragrance”
O lfactory fatigue? Anosmia? I think not.
T ried several times, results are the same:
H₂O with alcohol in the opening
I SO-E Super is this fragrance’s base
N ose buried to skin, searching
G one in six hundred sixty-six seconds, more or less.

juliali3
juliali3

I just got a sample of this and tried it on. I can REALLY smell it on myself even though it's been a while since i put it on. It hasn't faded at all.

i liked it at first but now when i smell it i feel like there's something really cloyingly sweet in the back of my throat. it actually makes me a little nauseous. Since it is on my body i can't get away from it, keep catching whiffs. I'm glad i only got a sample and didn't spend tons of money. if you have a really sensitive sense of smell like me, you should get a sample first to see what kind of reaction you have with this.

Jody179
Jody179

It's like Marmite, you rather love it or you hate it? I LOVE it! When i first spray this,it smells unreal - so very clean & sexy. I can actually smell it on myself when i first apply it, but throughout the day it disperses & then returns later on in the day. My partner however HATES every inch of it & says i, "stink" when i'm wearing it. Interestingly enough, my best friend thinks it smells awesome, describing it as, "sweet smelling"...i guess it does attract, just the same sex :( Bummer, i think the fella's should perhaps wear this in the future?!

AbbieB
AbbieB

I went to a gathering earlier on this week and all of a sudden the room was filled with THE most amazing smell. I followed my nose and eventually narrowed it down to two women. I said "WHO IS WEARING THAT SMELL?" and this woman began to laugh. Apparently she gets this a lot. She told me it was Molecule (with the circles on the bottle). I just HAD to smell like that.....So I googled it and read loads of reviews about it. Turns out they only sell it in two places in London. I went to one of the stores in my lunch break and there was a queue of ladies all telling the sales assistant that they had smelt this amazing fragrance. We all put a little on our wrists. One woman said she didn't like it on her but then she said "I can smell it on one of you and it's amazing". Turned out that was me ! I could very faintly smell it on me and it DID smell how I remembered from the other night. So I bought the small refill bottle for £27 and I've sprayed 4 tiny spritzes on my body. As the day is progressing I'm getting these warm wafts of fragrance. Clean and sexy. It's gorgeous. Yes it DOES smell differently on everybody. And just like any perfume not 100% of people will love it. I will see if I get followed around the room next time I go to a party!

Wolf13
Wolf13

Nothing special. A little woody and flowery. Sillage very soft, about 1-2 cm from skin.
I think this pefume is just in women's mind. :) We know that women are visionaries. Oh, women. :)

Fragmeister
Fragmeister

I overheard the sales woman in a London department store telling a customer that Molecules 01 doesn't have a scent to the wearer, but can be smelled by other people. Actually, it does have a scent, albeit subtle: it's a pleasant, powdery smell that's very faint but comforting, and a lot like sherbet. As for its pheromonal qualities I can't say: nobody has asked me what I'm wearing.

lapurrla
lapurrla

Isn't this all a bit "emperor's new clothes"? I wish I could try it but I come from the land that perfume forgot.

RaeRaeC
RaeRaeC

I bought this as a blind buy, having read so many polar opposite reviews. Seems that its a bit like marmite, you really do love it or absolutely hate it! The negative reviews made me a bit wary.. but I decided to go for it anyway and got a small size.

On first application a sprayed about 3 sprays and it was really subtle but pleasant. I could detect the cedar and it was soft.. but give this one an hour and it really develops. Obviously it is going to smell different on everyone and each individual body type, but after an hour or so it develops so much depth on me I was really surprised. It's not sweet on me at all, more of a musky, even hint of fruityness in there somewhere..something I can't quite put my finger on!

I put it on for work this morning, applying it a bit more generously, about 6 sprays, as its hard to smell it on yourself at first. I wasn't sure what to believe about the whole "everyone running after you/ able to smell it more than you" quotes I had been reading, but sure enough my boss came to work and instantly said "ooh is someone here wearing a new perfume!? It's nice. Quite strong"... Shocker! It really does work. I'm sold! Is be interested to layer it over other perfumes I have. I love it already... I'd it comes off strong to others I'd day 4 sprays was probably all u need too! Try it and see! I'm impressed!

kankri
kankri

Got this from someone as a sample. Even though it's labeled "Moleclue 01" I'm pretty sure they made it themselves. Also feel they probably put in too much Iso E Super, since I can actually smell it. I'm not bothered, it's the same thing anyway. Actually probably has more than the "official" concentration.

It's warm, woody, peppery, and sits right on the skin. It's okay, I guess. It actually kind of reminds me of pizza. I'll try layering this with other perfumes and report back later.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Boo :( This sucks. I don't smell anything. It just smells like my skin but stronger, if that makes sense. I literally can't smell anything else but my skin, and I put A LOT on. I guess I'm anosmic to this one or something, but it sounds like I'm not the only one... I will definitely NOT be purchasing a bottle of this. Very disappointed :(

Frunkinator
Frunkinator

I'm a little confused and alarmed by all the comments posted about this fragrance. People seem disappointed like they didn't k ow what to expect when buying this?!?
This fragrance is TRANSPARENT. It's Iso-e Super, its supposed to be...
This fragrance is not some heavy cedar or sandalwood fragrance. Rather its a silent attraction. It creates an aura around the wearer. It's warm, sensual and strangely attractive. It's not attractive like New Haarlem or Dolce Acqua, but it's comforting and almost magnetizing. A transparent woody aroma is created as well as non-food kind of sweet air scent. Blend the non descript woods with the wafty sweet air and you have the perfect unisex "non-perfume" aura. I have gotten compliments wearing it, and do enjoy it when I'm looking for a fragrance ninja.
It's wears out the users olfactory receptors quite quickly, but others around you are sure to pick up on it. Projection is 80% transparent, but silage and longevity is a monster.
M01 is a must wear, and not just a spritz on the wrist!

And for all the pretentious people who says this is crap and they can get their own ingredients and make their own dilution... Yes, you're right you can. But you aren't and you didn't. So here's the retail version of your quick off the tongue home concoction. Simply don't buy it. And if you didn't like this fragrance, why would you bother making your own version, or even talking about it ?!?

calyx93
calyx93

"There's a sucker born every minute." Should be the slogan for this fragrance.

And excuse me, Frunkinator, for being "pretentious" (above). I have, in fact, made my own Molecule 01, 02 and 03 - isn't hard really. In fact, I make many compositions and own numerous aromachemicals and naturals - rather fun actually. It's called amateur perfumery. You should try it yourself before wasting your hard earned money on "water." I'm glad I did.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I was excited to try this, as so many people reported a lovely light woody scent, but I could not smell a thing. I thought for a moment I caught a hint of amber, but really I begin to think my mind was playing tricks on me. My boyfriend couldn't smell it either. Completely anosmic to this one unfortunately. Try before you buy. As a positive side note, the bottle and packaging are really pretty and minimal.

d_l_esmond
d_l_esmond

I tried and I tried... then I asked a friend and he tried, too. Nothing. Can't smell anything anywhere. It does amplifies other fragrances and after experimenting with a few samples, one gets some interesting layered combinations. Although it doesn't work with everything. I guess it might work on some other people who are able to smell the actual molecule in the solution - maybe somebody with a better nose or somebody younger.

raducu
raducu

Buy Iso E super and mix a little bit with other fragrances. The results are amazing...

maria luiza
maria luiza

I'm so confused. Got it yesterday and I don't get any perfume from the bottle. I've sprayed my wrist, my neck, decolette. I swear there is NOTHING. My husband try it and he smells very fresh, I can feel that. But on me... So very dissapointed.

muskymoi
muskymoi

I went to a real Texas cookout last night and wore molecule one. I smelled it just fine even if it does tend to waft in and out as it pleases. No one followed me around, no one cornered me asking what perfume I was wearing. I surmised that it was due to the stiff competition from the enormous smoker in the yard filled with brisket, gator, and beans.

Even so, it smells great, if a little on the watered down side...I still smell it this morning. I'm glad I bought the refill size because as pleasant as it is, not one that I must have at all times. Desmondorama got it right on the money...

9-na
9-na

I've met woody, floral and musky so far, natural and artificial... but not in this one. Molecule 01 smells a bit like that nice bottle of something I use to polish my spoons and knives, but not up and cheerful, like that polish-thing. No, the scent is boooring on me, doesn't bite the nostrils, doesn't change, doesn't play. The polish smells better to me, it has more intrigue in it.

NoseySpice
NoseySpice

I tried all the others in this line and honestly they had NO SMELL AT ALL on my skin. Then I read about a beauty editor raving about this one. BINGO!

I wear this and women follow me around asking what it is I am wearing. I have had women write it down! Men? A few have commented how great I smell.
It has this light, comforting woody smell on me. It is a chick magnet, which would be great if I liked chicks like that.:) But nevertheless, I just wish it didn't cost so much, because I go through it fast!
BTW: My man catcher fragrance is Narcisco R. Musc!

mariamarvel
mariamarvel

I heard so many great things about this perfume and was soo excited to try it.
Finally I did! I tried all the three Molecules, and they all smell exactly the same! I couldn't notice even the slightest difference between them. What's worse...they smell vinegar on me. Just vinegar, nothing else - not powder, not citrus, not even musk!
I suppose it could be better on other people, maybe it's the chemistry of my skin that made these perfumes so horrible.
So I strongly recommend everyone not to buy it without testing! You wouldn't want vinegar with a fancy name.

talnyc
talnyc

I went to MOMA's PS1 a few weeks ago and that Saturday, it was very hot and very humid, but my nose picked up this AMAZING scent. I went into the dance pit and I found the person wearing it and I asked what was the name of that fragrance as it made me almost animalistic. It was an instant attraction, I had to possess it for myself and hope that I get the same reaction when I wear it. I was told the name was Escentric and it came from the UK.
Well, fret not, I found it at Barneys and I noticed there were several types of Escentric fragrances, but I tried Molecule 01 and I could not believe my good fortune. It smelled the same on me and I went crazy over myself.
I am going to go back to purchase it. The sales person was nice to give me a sample. I want to try Escentric 01 to see which one I will like more.
I think I found THE FRAGRANCE for me.
It is sexy, but then it is clean...it then turns woody..it is sensual, musky, but you can wear it all day. It is unisex, but if my man wore it.....I doubt we would ever leave the bedroom. Heeheehee. It just made me act like a ravenous person.

Musselille
Musselille

I absolutely Love love LOVE this perfume! Normally I do'nt like rose pepper smell, but on me, this has a hint of that and it's gorgeous! A little rose pepper, a little musk and a little something I can't explain - but it's goooooood!

Everyone says that it has no smell in the bottle, but starts when you applying it - that's not true. You can smell the scent from the bottle, but it's just very very light.

lombredansleau
lombredansleau

Molecules 01 is a powdery woody fragrance, very subtle and delicate on my nose. It's strange that a single component can create such a multi-faceted fragrance.
I hadn't any comment yet, but a Japanese woman at the theatre moved away from me in the second half, not sure if it was the fragrance that bothered her or my son's sweaty trainers.

fabiana horesh
fabiana horesh

בושם עם ריח קצת מוזר בהתחלה, לאחר כמה דקות הריח מתחיל להיות מדהים, מומלץ לערבב אותו עם בושם אחר.

ABRAG
ABRAG

I do not know

Did you buy fragrance Simulated

There is praise for the excellent perfume and it is in fact normal perfume

Smell like sea water or the smell of sea salt in fact I do not know

So far, a fragrance normal odorless

I hope to be an original fragrance, not an imitator has cost me a lot I have purchased perfume

From the British because it is cheaper than other sites

Is the product an imitator?

I have a long experience in the perfume

Fragrance failed badly would not recommend doing is odorless

It is written here that perfume is an excellent liar liar

scentia2
scentia2

One scent suits all is never really the case, is it. From descriptions and reviews I was sure I'd enjoy this. However, it doesn't work for me at all. After the initial pure alcohol blast (the alcohol smell lingers, too) it's harsh, cold, chemical/metallic/sour, very hard to describe on me. I get a little cedar, but it's too "cold." I can also smell juniper. Alcohol and Juniper = gin, which I've always found nauseating. There's more than a hint of acetone. It warms up a little, but never blends with my skin. Every time I've tried it I've had to wash it off, but for as long as it lingers there's a hint of something distinctly "off" wafting around.

popkart
popkart

Attention!!!Don't Overdo It with Molecule!
...i mean ...you can't smell it on you, but all the others wonder why you have emptied the whole perfumebottle on you!!!!

irin_ka
irin_ka

Smells like empty perfume box that still carries the vague woody-musky scent of what was inside. And it must have been something not cheap there in a box)

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

How in the world "powdery" is the first adjective listed is beyond me. I tested fresh Molecule 01, older Molecule 01, and also a 20% iso e super solution, and they did in fact behave differently, but no powder here. The older and new Molecule 01 both opened with a blast of cedar, like CdG's Wonderwood toned way down, while the hand mixed iso e super solution smelled more of lighter wood, & citrus. It could be that it was dabbed generously from a vial, vs the Escentric was sprayed. The hand mixed solution disappeared in about an hour. Molecule 01 did indeed play the "hide & seek" game to a point, where if you sniff your wrist you will lose the scent, but find it playing around you all day. It lasted for hours on me, long after i thought it had disappeared, id smell a wonderful woodsy, herbal, lightly musky skin scent wafting about, until it settled close to me as a light skin musk with the woodsy & herbal tones mellowed out. I got the impression of raw vetiver here a bit too. Very nice, light & refreshing, but with unexpected depth. It has kind of the quality of CK One in that it smells different on everyone. Wonderful on my husband, it almost smells like Wonderwood or Gucci Pour Homme, but a summer edition. I have had grand fun layering this as well. Id recommend you test before buying to make sure it works with your chemistry. It is an odd fragrance, and NOT for everyone imho. Odd silliage, Great longevity. I love Molecule 01 and will DESTROY this 100ml with my hubby in no time!

Edit: this will wear out your olfactory receptors! Even after the person who's wearing it can't smell it, it's there! It is a sheer fragrance. But synthetic and it stays around forever! I can smell it on clothes I wore the day before, or on hubby's.

faithfully.berdon
faithfully.berdon

This is truly the best men perfume I have ever came across.
Guys out there, if you wear this scent , it is GUARANTEENED that women WILL fall in love with you. This scent is especially PERFECT for men with the CHARACTER , UNIQUE and SPECIAL. It totally attracts women's attention and gets turn on easily. However , it makes women feel cosy and secure around you or in YOUR arms at the same time. So wear this scent and grab the woman you love and kiss her ,it's CONFIRMED that she'll kiss you back. This is the one you'll need for a signature scent. Be unique, be attractive, be secure enough for her.
You have found the right thing, this is it.

sunlover

I want to add that it's true about what many say regarding compliments...I have never gotten compliments on a perfume until I wore this, which surprised me because I am female and have gotten many from other women (it's not like women smelling a man's cologne).

When I went to buy coffee and ran out the door, the female cashier ran off after me and said, "excuse me, can I ask what perfume you're wearing?" when I told her, she said its very unique and different, and smells great.

At the store where I used to work at, people would walk in and ask what smelled so good, then when they got to the front desk, they would lean in to smell me closer! Sometimes I don't even smell it on myself, which makes the compliments so surprising.

Elenkina
Elenkina

Love this fregrance's inhanser! Bought today with escentric 02, which has got its own amazing smells. OMG, I found my perfect the one perfume, which hope never gonna bore me.

portissimo
portissimo

I can't smell anything, even the "cedary" scent people tell about in the first sprays. Neither my wife. In her opinion, I made a big mistake buying it... I'll keep trying, as my vacation ends in few days and maybe at work it'll work... Are we the only ones disappointed? (If the magic "happens", I will come back here and tell everybody).

update: one week trying and it hasn't worked yet. Yes, I made a huuuuuuge mistake. I have to admit: this time, I was a marketing's prey.

------------------

Não sinto cheiro nenhum, nem mesmo o de cedro de que as pessoas dizem sentir assim que é aplicado. Nem eu nem minha mulher. Para ela, eu cometi um grande erro ao comprar esse perfume. Vou continuar tentando, já que minhas férias terminam em poucos dias e quem sabe, no trabalho, o perfume "funciona". Será que nós somos os únicos decepcionados? (Se a magia ocorrer, venho aqui e digo para todo mundo).

atualização: uma semana tentando e até agora não funcionou. Sim, cometi um graaaaande erro. Tenho que admitir: dessa vez, caí como um patinho diante de todo esse marketing.

Akahina
Akahina

Short review...

I don't love this.
I don't hate this.

Plesant enough on first spray, mostly a cedar smell, then the darned thing disappears to my nose. Occasionally I get a whiff and that is it. I would swear that it is gone. But, people around me smell it and like it. After a full 9 hours people around me after work asked what I was wearing. So strange, I thought the scent was gone but people could smell this from 6 feet away outside.

This is a chemically weird scent. People love it on me even though I don't detect it's presence, or just barely from time to time. I guess it's a keeper but seriously folks, I don't get it at all! I would love to give this a rating, but based on my own opinions I would rate this rather low for smell, sillage and lasting power, but based on reactions of others I would rate this high on all counts. Therefore, I simply can not rate this one fairly. I guess I will just wear it from time to time and let others enjoy it...

Expensive for what it is and with a little research you can make your own.

raraavis
raraavis

What does it smell like? A soft, clean aura of cedar-sandalwood.
I am one of those who can smell it pretty much constantly. One or two mists is all I need- or anyone (I think) needs, as I think this has quite the projection! I don't think I've ever worn more then 3 mists (usually, no matter what fragrance, or what concentration- I spray on skin, from a distance), and I've gotten compliments.(For whatever reason- other women seem to really love it.)It lasts all day. I gifted my sister with a bottle and she later shared that a guy approached her from down the isle at the grocery store. He just wanted to know the name of her fragrance and said she smelled so good!
Beyond the actual smell ('notes') and sillage...It's like an anti-anxiety med in a bottle. It's just has this calming, soothing, grounding effect on me. Like no other. This morning I woke up- out of sorts, anxious, scattered, and teary. Really didn't want to leave my bed. I always decide what to wear in the morning. When the 2nd bout of waterworks came before I even hit the shower, I just knew it had to be Molecule 01; it's my go-to when I'm feeling up against the wall. Sure enough, after showering and spraying, I felt myself pulling it together. Got through the work day intact.
I'd swear it is liquid strength. Besides the fact that I just love the smell, those qualities that it evokes and invokes to me/for me, make it a sexy scent. Those are the inner qualities- strength, confidence, self-awareness- that project sex-appeal.

daniela3
daniela3

This is one of the most intriguing experience I've ever had dealing with perfumes. It's difficult defyining E. M. as a proper frag but after all you cannot also talk about perfume in a strict way. Let's say that is an enigma which can cause charming effects and particular illusory phenomenons whenever it is used! One thing is certain: if you like enjoying the fragrance you're wearing on yourself you'll probably be disappointed: Molecules has a peculiar effect so it can be perceived by the 'others' more than by the legittimate wearer. I would not define it as a 'silly' fragrance (Midnight50 'naughty girl'!!!)but it is also true that being it a 'concotion' obtained joyning 2 'molecules'it would be eccessive call it a perfume too. But it smells of course, and for me it does so nicely! Another remarkable thing is its mesmeric effect it can produce: it matches your own ph, your own chemistry, your own whatsoever like anything else....It's a real enigma it adds a sort of luminescent aura even to the most 'blackouted' personality (all right it's just a 'frag' and even so atypical it cannot make miracles!) I find it as a sort of phenomenon and I believe that this is probably the direction that the future perfumery would be taking. I would only suggest everybody to give it a try,before inventing their own 'do-it-yourself-home-made-molecule'.

p.s. I'm not trying to discourage other people creativity, I'm just puzzled about a fact that with a little pocket money you can obtain the same 'expensive' product (that's true, it's not cheap being also so 'chemical'!) if it were such a simple matter I believe that all that fuss about E. Molecule and its long list of would-be costumers, wouldn't even exist.

ilms11
ilms11

Very fascinating, mysterious and VERY SEXY scent. One of my favorite. I think I'm in love;)

jonathan.6568
jonathan.6568

Me encanta, es muy fino y subtil, no es facil olerselo uno mismo pero hay momento donde lo percibes.Prueba en empapar algun trozo de pañuelo de papel y ponerlo en tu cuarto de baño y lo oleras. Cuando me lo pongo mucha gente me pregunta : que bien que hueles que llevas? He gastado muchos ,muchos perfumes pero este es fetiche y siempre vuelvo a el ,ninguno esta a su altura.

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

I was so intrigued by this and eager to try it because of all the hype. Well, I can't say that I'm disappointed, since this fragrance is exactly as described: a subtle, woody aroma that is "more of a feeling than a fragrance", according to the creator. It's supposed to smell quite differently on everyone. On me it smells clean, woody, and lightly coconutty, which I really enjoy. This is a true "your skin but better fragrance" and very inoffensive. Even my 70-something father, who is easily offended by fragrances and doesn't wear them anymore, smelled it from across the room and said, "Oooooh, I like that!" So, I gave him the tester and he sprayed some on his neck LOL. I was surprised that he was able to smell it from across the room, but apparently it's not as subtle as you might think. However, if you enjoy very strong, "statement" fragrances, this is probably not for you. If I hadn't done any research, had never read the description, and hadn't known what to expect, I would be seriously disappointed. But if you have fragrance sensitivities and/or are partial to very understated, sexy, warm scents, this may be perfect for you. Either way, I do think it's overpriced.

jventura489
jventura489

WOw! This stuff is amazing! I truly believe that this is what makes fragrances stand out. Today is the first day that I have applied a good amount, and for some strange reason, everything I smell instantly smells better! All my fragrances smell better, I put my nose to my wrist and sniff a bottle of a fragrance that I think is ok and BAM! it instantly smells better...it's so strange. I'm one of the lucky few that can smell this, and in fact it's really strong for me after a while. I was afraid I wouldn't smell it and over did it I think. But I truly think this is wonderful for layering, I will wear this out on it's own for this week and then begin layering it with other fragrances...hhhmmmm I think I found the holy grail :)

originelle28

I simply adore this scent or aura as they refer to it. The way it moves across the skin is sensational. Just when I've forgotten that i'm wearing any scent, it comes back to hit me as I get another whiff of it. It's almost like it replenishes itself on your skin.

I can't even describe what it smells like, sometimes I can even taste it in my mouth right at the back (weird i know).

Another tip - try using this as soon as you come out of the shower after moisturizing (one that doesn't have mush smell to it) as a quick body mist. Then before leaving try an oil based perfume or an Arabian oud scent. What it does to it is simply magical.

I can't wait to try the others in its range. I'm fascinated by it.

originelle28

I can't even describe what it smell like, sometimes I can even taste it in my mouth right at the back (weird i know).

I can't wait to try the others in its range. I'm fascinated by it.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

I just ordered a sample of this off LS a few days ago now I'm a lil' perplexed && slightly confused reading the reviews forgive my ignorance, but how does this scent work??...I read that it does have a scent but is hard to detect at times is this a scent that works with your body chem && smells diff on everybody like a pheromone type scent? Also I'm reading that it's nice to mix with other scents does it help amplify the smell, would mixing this with other scents be the better choice when wearing this or does it work well on its own?

thanks,

J :)

exciter76
exciter76

I have worn this fragrance on four different occasions this past week. Each time I’ve worn it I’ve gotten a different scent response. The first time I wore it I got an all-encompassing generic woody incense aroma that hearkened back to the mild transgressions of my younger college days. The second time around I could hardly detect it but strangely others could. Yesterday I caught faint whiffs of something verdant with hints of sweetened sandalwood, which inexplicably had a way of getting lodged in my nasal cavity. Tonight I decided to mix it with an Etsy perfumer’s vanilla and spice perfume oil. The mix is utterly delightful and completely amplified as valerian and other had suggested. The vanilla is uniquely smoky without the syrupy sweetness. The Iso E Super and the spices create a chai tea-like flavor (and I say flavor because I can almost taste this as well as smell it). Either partnered with another scent or used alone this is a heavenly scent that plays like a fragrant mood ring.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

I don't own yet, but I will soon. I made my own and have been super interested in the ISO E Super. Alone this aroma chemical is amaaaaazing. You cannot put it on in full concentrate, but I was tempted. I blended with perfume alcohol and it is an ever changing ninja. elusive and not linear at all. I am obviously a novice perfumer, however, it came out lovely and have mixed with other scents as people mention and my version is pretty decent I can only imagine what the real deal is like....some things may be worth the price to some of us. To each is own, silly to one is serious to another...just sayin you may want to dig a little deeper into this if your interested. I did and it has really gotten my creative juices flowing, and that's always a good thing. I will follow up on an actual review when I purchase in the next few weeks.

rosarossa
rosarossa

My friend use it and I think this is so nice on her. Unfortunatelly this perfume is difficult to find and also very expensive but i don't think this is a "silly" perfume. Perfume can be good or not you can like it or not but if a perfume it's not for you, you are free to choose another product or decide to use a"clever" perfume and go for your destination. This is my thought.

Minnija
Minnija

the only thing what I hate about it, that all other fragrances what I have-they are loosing they meaning in my eye, they are not comparable to this one, this is something totally different and magic.

Roqfort

Maybe it's magic, but this is one of the most complimented fragrance I have. I love it a lot.
ISO-E Genius...

josine75
josine75

I don't think I will ever stop buying this fragrance! Every time I wear it, I feel really good about how I smell and am convinced I smell better than anyone else around me! Never have I received so many comments about my perfume, all positive. Never had any negative comment, only when I was too enthusiastic with the amount of sprays..then some people say it's overwhelming. It is so unique that people smell my presence even before they see me.. I cannot count the times I've been asked what perfume it is that I'm wearing, and although I know I should consider this as a compliment, I'd rather not tell and keep it my own olfactory secret. This perfume is quite expensive, so I spray it on less than I would like to. On the other hand, at days when I'm not feeling self-confident, I don't feel like using it. So this perfume really has a psychological side to it too for me.
Lastly I would like to say that this perfume is really one of a kind, I've never smelled anything as good as this! The negative side is that all other perfumes disappoint me compared to this one.

poibra
poibra

I also suggest to do it by buying ingredients alcohol & iso e-super. Now i have 2 50ml bottle and it costs me only 11€.

I remember when i first try this material, i couldnt smell it on myself or on my wife, but today, after sprayin 3 times, even after 4 hours later smell incredible.

Its so strange to have that "wave effect" as you can sniff on yourself for a minute, than dissapears. So its not that overwhelming.

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

Maybe I'm ignorant (it's entirely possible, so feel free to school me), but aren't these synthetics cheap? Isn't that why they were created, to save money? So why the hundred+ price tags?

steveniox
steveniox

Very strange experience relating to this perfume. Tried it on in a store, two sprays on my wrist - lovely, woodsy, clean and green, lasted for quite a while but very discreet sillage. I understood this was a smell that could be detected more by others, and sure enough the people I showed it too smelled the same notes and agree, it was very nice. However the second time I sampled this, it just smelt of alcohol and glue, asked my partner who said the same, and then it disappeared within 40 minutes into nothing. Very disappointing and based on this unreliability I chose not to purchase it.

loesje234
loesje234

Normally people won't comment on my perfume, i suppose i don't use enough..
Sprayed this one carefully too, and at first I couldn't smell it.
Forgot about it, till hours later my collegue said I smelled wonderfull..
10 minutes later the next collegue said the same! I love comments on my perfume, and this is loved by many people..! Bought a full bottle and enjoy it.

Update; Ok.. Just met my parents, mom said: Oeh, you smell nice! Dad said: you smell really nice! It's a wonderfull scent, reminds me of something, yes daughter, you smelll really nice indeed! Haha mom stuck her nose in my neck, they were funny!

Antman81
Antman81

I got this recently,,, a blind buy,,,, was gonna layer it with He wood rocky maintain. But have been wearing it alone. I smell it on me all the time; one spray on the chest and one on each arm. It smells as I imagine and is a wonderful clean smell... I love it. will try to layer it soon.

I recommend it..

I scoffed when I learned of these one-note aromachemical wonders being sold as niche perfumes, but I must say that I am pleasantly surprised at how this one smells. I was motivated to finally give my sample of MOLECULE 01 a trial run by my discovery last night at Aedes that this is actually their #8 seller!

MOLECULE 01 reminds very much of many fine vetiver fragrances, the explanation for which, apparently, is that this chemical is so often incorporated in such compositions. Honestly this smells so familiar that I feel that I have worn it before—and it seems that I have: many times! Here the scent is uncluttered by anything else and offers no more and no less than a pleasant woodiness. Now I finally understand why the perfumer came up with the idea of bottling iso-E-super as a niche: it fits in perfectly with the trend of inoffensive, friendly, clean and gentle office-ready colognes being sold today.

Although I would never purchase any single aromachemical in a bottle marked up to niche prices, I am happy to have had the opportunity to try this one and hopefully will be able to recognize the presence of iso-E-super—the now not-so-secret ingredient—in more complex perfumes in the future.

summerinthecity
summerinthecity

After just one spray on the wrist I felt surrounded by a cloud of this perfume, and it filled all the rooms I came in. By evening it became little bit annoying. How to describe it... It reminds me some other perfume I don't know which one. Something with patchouli, musk, wood and fresh notes.
Nevetherless, it seems to be uplifting, easy to wear perfume and can be someone's signature.
For its price I expected more. But as is mentioned in other reviews, the scent should be tested on skin and it may be very different on different persons.

sunlover

I bought a bottle as soon as I tried the sample. The first time I tried it I smelled frankincense, then I noticed a slight sweetness, almost like water. Yesterday was the first warm day I had worn it, and I felt really comfortable in it. It's subtle and even though I can't always smell it, other people seem to like it on me. This is a great piece to add to my rotation. It's very comforting and perfect for me in autumn, but I can't wait to continue using it the whole year.

I bet this would smell really delicious on a man as well. I really link it to skin warmth. It seems to work best at the back of my neck or my wrists when I'm wearing a sweater, where my skin will be a little warmer.

velb95

I did it myself from 33% of Iso E Super I've got from Internet (site: perfumersapprentice.com) and 67% of 95% alcohol (be sure to use 95% food alcohol only!!!) and it's even better than "original" one.

To tell you the truth I don't use my homemade Molecule 01 like a main fragrance. I use it only because each fragrance can be "repaired" with a small amount of Molecule 01, you should put it as a base fragrance just 10 minutes before you are wearing your main fragrance. This way the fragrance you don't like becomes a miracle of niche perfumery.

Like you can see from my profile, I have just the best fragrances in my private collection, so you should believe me: it wasn't the problem for me to spend another €100 and get the "original" Molecule 01 after I've just ordered the perfumes for at least €10.000. But I just don't like to pay €100 for 100 ml of 10% concentrate if I can order the 240 ml of 100% one for USD 27 and make a lot of 33% (perfume like level) 100 ml Molecules 01. Go to the website I've told about and you'll get your own one for much less. You could also order from this site a 25 units pack of Medium Disposable Pipettes - 3ml for USD 2 and a pack of 10 units of 5 ml Roll-on Bottles for USD 6, to create your oun pocket Molecule 01. Good luck!

SheShe
SheShe

I have a sample and I like it. I do agree that Molecule 01 is similar to MaxMara, Kashmina Touch - but 01 is a bit unnatural in the way you feel it's not a traditionally made perfume. Actually at first I was in love with O1!

The scent is like a warm man's body, slightly peppery, warm. gentle, subtle. Sometimes I have a feeling as if I walked near blocks or a space full of people's flats, you know, the feeling of warmth when you pass by a place where many people live and they heat the air by breathing, cooking something etc. if you know what I mean. 01 is sexy because it really brings a body to my mind and together with wood and this pepper-ish way of smelling is something really different.

It shows up and disappears but there's more of it on me than it isn't.

valarian
valarian

This is one of the weirdest perfumes I’ve ever tried! I applied with baited breath waiting to be enveloped in a vapour that would transport me to another world. I waited and waited, nada! Well nothing much is more accurate. I started to pick up a green alcohol type smell and that was it really. As a description I would say extremely green and woodland like. Another reviewer mentioned Juniper berries, I get that, it’s a good description. It also brings to mind the smell of freshly poured Gin on the rocks.
I started asking others what they thought and replies were quite negative. Some said its ok, others, they couldn't smell a thing, one person said, "you wasted your money on that one" and last but not least I had a Yuk! I was disappointed; I really wanted to get it! Stamp foot time!!
When out later on in the evening, three people asked me what perfume I had on and said how gorgeous it was. I'd forgotten I had any perfume on and looked perplexed until the penny dropped. I still couldn't believe that three people thought it was worth asking about. Two more sales for M01 now predicted!
Overall, I like to get compliments on my perfume as much as the next person but I do have to get something out of it for me. I've come to the conclusion (for me anyway) that this is a perfume you wear more for others as it is extremely and aggressively airborne probably in most cases it's more apparent to other people than the wearer. Given what it is generally used for I really shouldn’t be surprised. I also have to mention that this perfume gets into your mouth as I can actually taste it. It must be down to flying molecules!
I wear very heavy rich perfumes so have to confess this is way out of my comfort zone. My next move will be to layer it with one of my other perfumes, just to see what happens.

Update: I have found the wow factor! When layered with another perfume this works like a silage megaphone it just spring boards perfume notes off of your skin in waves. I was going to move this on but will keep for this purpose, it really does amplify. I have layered this with CSP Vanille Abricot which I love but generally the Apricot disappears almost at once and I’m left with a flat Vanilla quite early on in the dry down stage. M01 has corrected that as it has now been on me for well over two hours and I can still smell the Apricot as strongly as the Vanilla just as it as it was when first applied, Yippee! If this works in the same way for all of my perfumes I am definitely glad I bought it.

thedaver8
thedaver8

hmmm...i get a lot of iso e super out of this. ;-)

divadani
divadani

This is gorgeous... but my skin just gobbled it up. I feel like I can just spray and spray and spray... and never get it nearly strong enough. I have to literally bury my nose in my skin to smell it, RIGHT AFTER SPRAYING. This molecule must just not be compatible with my chemistry.

perfumepassion
perfumepassion

Am now on my second bottle of this. It is the best smelling fragrance I own as well as probably the longest lasting. Hard to really explain the scent; slightly woodsy, warm, sweet. My favorite of all the fragrances I own.

saidah
saidah

tried it in dubai store and love it but was late to buy. looking forward when i can buy this perfume. amazing. its good for daily wear. very sheer and easy, it adjusts to ur own skin smell. unique and exclusive

sonya c
sonya c

I CUDNT SMELL IT BUT THE PEOPLE IN MY WORK JUST ADORE IT ITS SO GORGEOUS A LOVELY PERFUME!!

pumpkinqueen
pumpkinqueen

Soft, dry, woody and musky.. very clean and fresh. Its a very unique scent.. GREAT for mixing.

What makes it so special is it fades and re-appears during the day. Seriously special. Give it a go!!

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Woody-oceanic scent. Dry birch, incense. Low silage/longevity but attractive fragrance.

Jannochka
Jannochka

It's so strange but when I just sprayed it upon my skin I could not smell anything, it smelled like pure water, nothing else.

stephan
stephan

Funny all these reviews about pepper, spice, etc.
In my quest for my holy grail, I found a lot of incense or woody fragrance. Tam Dao, Déclaration, Kyoto, Hinoki, Rocky Mountain, Fahrenheit, Terre, Féminité du Bois, ...
There is always something I like in such fragrances, and other things I don't like. Too sweet, or too spicy, too peppery, ...
Now I've tried Molecule 01, I found what I like in all the above listed fragrances, but without the disturbing notes.
ISO E SUPER
That's my holy grail!
Molecule 01 is Iso E Super diluted in alcohol.
Nothing else.
The smell, to my nose, is divine.
The most cleanest forest and incense smell ever.
Nothing harsh.
Slightly sweet, but never too sweet.
Perfection.

But the price is too high, and the concentration is weak.

I've just bought 250ml 95% alcohol and 50ml Iso E Super.
I'll mix them and have my own Iso E Super, with a higher concentration than Molecule 01 and at a fraction of its price.

nicoleritz
nicoleritz

I absolutely love this.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

A teeny tiny but very persistent "Liquid Paper Thinner" scent, slightly reminiscent of gin also. You can certainly tell it is a chemical! I don't get any other hints of anything, and even to get what little there it it takes strong pressing to my nose. I am sure no-one else would be able to smell it on me. Yamba1 recommends layering it with another perfume; I'm nervous all the chemicals will react and make my skin turn green or something, but I will bravely give it a try. I like it by itself, but definitely not everyone's cup of tea, or even glass of water.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

I finaly got my samples order. This one is like the love potion from Harry Potter books (Amortentia) - It has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive... On me I can swear I smell old books, pines, pencils, the day I first went to school. Very weird nostalgic felling but I like it!

velb95

Try it first before you buy this fragrance. Don't do it only because it's niche perfume. May be I'm not so sensitive, but for me it smells like pure water.

hibernation
hibernation

This fragrance depends on the skin that´s wearing it SO much-
My skin literally ate it and the moment after spraying it on I couldn´t smell it anymore. What a shame :(

stella7
stella7

everytime i wear it i get soooo many compliments i love it not overpowering just perfect

The power of suggestion is incredible. Everything has been said about Molecole 1 but we should keep in mind that a great marketing campaign, together with a good outlook can do miracles. This scent is nice, somehow funny, and can be also pleasant but a single Iso E Super molecule it will always be a Single Iso E Super Molecule. Just try to immagine this is not called Molecole 1, it is not bottled in a fancy contenitor, and no-one absolutely talk about it. Now, in my ideal world, the only way to get a bottle of my-ideal "Iso E Suer" is to go to the chemist's and get it bottled in a blank decants, who would buy it??? No feromone effect here but a nice, soft woody musk accord. A good day / office fragrance, not too intrusive but with a good sillage. The "appearing / disappearing effect" is due to the molecule structure, so we can easily say it's related to chemistry and not to magic. Conclusion: Molecole 1 is quite ok but if you're ugly you can't fix the problem by simply wearing this one. Escentric 1 is much better, and at least is a perfume.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I was blessed with a fleeting glimpse of the beauty of Molecule 01. Sadly on both testings, my relationship with this perfume lasted all of 30 seconds, then poof! It was gone. Like a hologram hovering before me, I could just make out a glorious soft, woody scent, but it vanished as soon as I reached out to embrace it.
So this morning, after this second miserable failure, I reached for my current obsession- Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen. (Now here is a real perfume that will carry me through the day!)
What happened next was a day of mesmerising beauty from the layered affect of Molecule 01 with CQ. It produced a scent that seemed to be PART of me, rather than ON me, and added depth and dimension to CQ.
For me, Molecule 01 didn't work on its own, but I would highly recommend layering this with your favourite perfume.
Could this be the MSG of perfumes??

Lottis
Lottis

I'm so in love with this fabulous scent!
Smells like a cozy warm skin ... simple but so amazing!

On me it lasts great and I get lots of compliments.

Thinwizzy
Thinwizzy

This scent is amazing in so many ways. It adapts to the senses in that it disappears quickly to the wearers nose, but not to those in range of it's intoxicating aroma. It's perfect for someone who has allergies and is sensitive to fragrances. A little of this love potion goes a long way, and for a long time.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

This perfume is devastating- especially when worn in combination with something leather, or fur.

Roqfort

This is simply AWESOME...
I didn't smell antyhing such beautiful... It's a scent of my skin, but more ennobled. Now I love myself, and I'm gonna to get married with me ;)
Longevity is great, but in it's unique way. I can feel Molecule next day, after 3 showers. It's the best thing in my wardrobe...

This scent on woman is better, than 100 pills od Viagra.. This is proved :)

paolo
paolo

I bought Molecule 01 from lucky scent, and it has a strong alcohol smell, little fragrance, doesn't last long at all. Is that just my skin, or do they sell fakes?

chip
chip

Smells like a toned down Tam Dao to me. And it's also a wee bit musty and incensy if compared to Tam Dao. But that's just good, it's subtle but very noticeable and it definitely last until the evening. It's one of those very unique yet very wearable scents. Just bought myself a bottle and I love every bits of it!

By the way, the smells do come and go, though my office mate says that she smells it all the time while I'm there.

Cereza
Cereza

For me it's a cold winter scent. I dislake it, because on my wrist there is some burnt nut's smell, which I can't stand. The good thing is that the staying power is amazing, after 4 attempts of scrubbing it's still there, still strong and still distubring me.

ausamamira
ausamamira

I loved it, i have actually nothing new to add to what already have been said :).... subtle,sweet,woodsy and i really liked the description of hide and seek mentioned in previuos reviews .... but would i buy a full bottle with such high price? i dont think so .....

jedikitty
jedikitty

- update (Sep.2012): both samples (01 and 02) were sent to their new home back in 2010. I no longer have any of these as I have not repurchased them.

sorry, forgot to add:

The staying power of Molecule 01 was amazing, at least 10 straigh hours, and I could still detect it in the morning after about 7 hours of sleep.

Molecule 02 - no idea how long would this one last as I had to wash it off 10 seconds after application.

Both Molecules were tried on just after I showered (Dove soap, unscented) as I really wanted to see and feel what's all the hoopla about them.
Unfortunately, I did not get the effect I was hoping to get...

guest_jedikitty
guest_jedikitty

I must be one of those weird few who just did not bond with neither Molecules. I could smell both (no anosmia here) but...

The 01 smelled like cedar chips I have in part of my back yard. Although I love this cedar-y smell outdoors, on me, not so much. It was like I either slept in a pile of mulch, or wore an old-fashioned car freshener...

The 02 - that was another story altogether. The moment I put a tiny spray of it on side of my neck, I thought I'd choke on it. It smelled absolutely horrible, a cross between a musty incense and a roadkill skunk. I had to wash it off immediately.

I must say I'm rather sad this didn't work for me (at all) but at least I'm happy I got to try it and bout the sample sizes of the Molecules.

guest_Maxine
guest_Maxine

Well I'm telling you now I followed a woman around Sainsbury's yesterday because the smell was the most amazing intoxicating smell ever and I had to ask her what she was wearing and she told me Molecule 01 - so I rushed back to the office to order myself some from Harvey Nichols and cannot wait to turn heads myself!!!

belletresor
belletresor

Hmmm. Strange. I like what little I can smell. Thought perhaps I hadn't actually applied much on my wrist (using a small sample to test) and so I reapplied, this time making sure I was generous.

I can BARELY detect anything!! LOL! What I can smell is a wonderful, clean fragrance, reminding me of fresh air with a warm, sweet outdoorsy nature to it. I kind of like its masculine signature, but unlike other unisex scents I have recently tried, I WOULD consider wearing this one.

Several reviewers have noted that this formula plays "hide and seek" and may be difficult to detect on oneself. I will have to try this on and off for the next week before I would be willing to invest so much $$ to own.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is simple, but beautiful.

I wanted a decant of Escentric Molecule 01, which actually has more notes than this-but I bought an 8 ml decant of this on sale at luckyscent. I am not disappointed, I had never smelled Iso E Super alone before, and it is a great molecule-it must be the meat of some of my favorite fragrances-straightforward warm and slightly sweet soft subtle wood-- barely there--but it's there, and it makes the skin smell delicious.

I recommend that everyone try it once-I may swap mine later, or if I get better at decanting without wasting any juice, I would split this up. Such a subtle and pleasant scent will be great for the summer-and perfect for anti-perfume environments, or for wearing too many heavy and intense perfumes. The staying power is surprisingly good.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

I LOVE this fragrance - so much, I am about to invest in some Iso E Super of my own. What I have discovered is this, Molecule 01 on its own smells beautiful, soft woodsy, gentle spice, faintly musk, like the cleanest sun kissed skin. It comes, it goes, it's intoxicating. When it interacts with one of my "signature" fragrances, magic happens. This stuff seems to pick out all the elements of my fragrances which work on my skin and intensify them in waves. I never want to meet a man who's wearing this, for I will be ruined for life. Nothing can match this.

wild_strawberry
wild_strawberry

Scandal! They put cheap, synthetic substance in an ugly bottle and sell it for really high price. Sometimes it does smell, sometimes it doesn't, but even if it does - there's nothing special, woody notes that I know from trail of almost every popular fragrance. It's not worth it's legend.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

It's not an ordinary scent. It's sound depends on your skin. Some say that they don't smell anything at all when using it.
I don't feel anything when I smell my skin, but on some distance from skin around me I feel pleasant notes reminding juniper. Nice!

guest_Me105
guest_Me105

Smelt this on a guy in our sports club. I had to ask him, what that wonderful scent was. To me it was green, mossy, sexy. He told me and I tried it on myself.
It comes and goes. To your own nose it will probably smell flat or hardly at all. I happened upon my sweater from three days ago, when I tried it in a shop and I could still smell it in it´s full facette. Fascinating!

onthemoon

jillsy, luckyscent and other shops carry it for $135. Do not let the simple ingredients mislead you. It truly is an incredible scent with staying power. ;)

onthemoon

I fell in love with Molecule 01 at the laundromat. I kept smelling the most intoxicating, warm, sweet, woodsy scent and I had to know where it was coming from. Finally, I tracked down the woman who was wearing it, and I now own my very own bottle. I have to admit, I was freaked out at first by the 'peek-a-boo' game this fragrance plays! When I cannot smell it, other people apparently can! However, I am very happy with its performance. Its lasting power is simply incredible. Even when I come home from the office at the end of the day, I am able to catch this scent in waves. I always get the most compliments when I wear this scent. It is certainly a favourite in my collection.

jillsy
jillsy

Why spend over $200 on a fragrance that can be easily made with Iso E Super and alcohol?? Make your own and it'll cost under a tenth of the asking price of Molecule 01.

desmondorama
desmondorama

Unfortunately, this is not my favourite fragrance - far too scientific and did not move me. I bought it because of all the publicity surrounding it, but I should have invested in something else.

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules 4.13 out of 5 based on 452 ratings and 154 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escentric Molecules Molecule 01, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.