Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Bali Dream Estée Lauder for women

Bali Dream Estée Lauder for women
dislike

Bali Dream Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Bali Dream is a feminine perfume in floral rhythm. It was inspired by exotic of Bali and it accentuates the tropical paradise of this island.

It includes the notes of moon orchid, magnolia and ginger in the top notes, while the heart encompasses gardenia, Chinese cassia, pepper, apple, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and Indonesian jasmine. The base notes introduce woody accords and powdery vanilla.

The perfume is available as 50 ml EDP and a perfume set of 2x50 EDP.

Magnolia Ginger Orchid

Gardenia Cassia Pepper Apple Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Indonesian Jasmine

Vanilla Woodsy Notes

Sol da Bahia Eau d`Ete

Bali Dream Fragrance Reviews

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Gorgeous floral fragrance. To me this was an exotic fruity floral scent. The orchid is downright tropical and like an orchid that blooms in a rainforest. It reminds me of the song Bali Hai from South Pacific. There's fragrant gardenia and magnolia not to mention lily of the valley. These flowers are fantastic but they are not too in your face nor leave a huge trail of scent. This is a pretty well behaved scent with the woods and vanilla in the base doing their best to keep the flowers grounded. This also has fruity notes of cassis or cassia and some green apples. Smells at times like shampoo or body lotion and I am yet to learn if they have a body lotion to go with this scent. It's very pretty and very sweet and I love the vanilla dry down. It's very hard to find nowadays as the 3 major Estee Lauder frags are Pleasures Beautiful and Youth Dew. This is my favorite of the Estee Lauders right now.

ladynaqua

Lovely ! just lovely.. I never go wrong with Estee Lauder .. after my all time favorite private collection came pleasure and pleasure intense .. an now this !! I love the creations of this house ... Bali Dream is so delightful ... it's a crowd pleasure , a fully balanced and rounded perfume. Not too sweet , Not too flowery , Not too musky .. just balanced florals and refreshing fruits maybe mango/ coconut , I can smell indian jasmine and some spices maybe mint , maybe pepper but nothing that screams out in your face .. I love it !! I can see myself wearing thise summer and in spring..

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Wow what a gorgeous delight! I really do well with Estee Lauder scents. Bali Dream is such a gorgeous well rounded summer fragrance. I thought it might not last but I was smelling it softly well after 10 hours of spraying it on my skin. I don't really have the words to describe this well other then a true summer beauty that I am so pleased to have in my collection!

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Perfect delicate feminine summer scent! I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap and it really does live up to expectations. It's sweet, light, and dewy, something you would want to wear while visiting the beach in a small island town. It's not extremely exotic, and I wish there was more pepper in there, but it's still quite lovely. There's plenty of orchid, a touch of magnolia, some heady ylang-ylang, and a slight touch of lily that gives the scent a dewy feel, like tiny droplets of water collected on leaves on a cool spring morning. Into the drydown, a little bit of musk comes out, giving this light concoction a little bit of sex appeal. I can see myself wearing this quite often! What makes this fragrance so unique for me is that it has incredible sillage and is quite sweet and warm, but still manages to be light and almost aquatic underneath. I'm incredibly disappointed that Estee Lauder discontinued this fragrance; I'm going to have to conserve my bottle while I still have it!

gabri
gabri

I like it .It's like a breath of fresh tropical air , very delicate and sweet.

deetopia
deetopia

Dulu aku beli parfum ini karena ada namanya Bali. Ya sebagai orang Indonesia, wajar dong penasaran kayak apa parfume yang dikasih embel-embel Bali.
Hasilnya, sama sekali nggak mengecewakan meskipun ini Blind buy. Baunya sih standar enak Estee Lauder, terus ditambah ada spicy. Aku pikir bau kelapa, tetapi di notesnya nggak ada. Mungkin itu bau jahe.
Karena aku suka parfum yang manis dengan sedikit spicy, jadi parfum ini pas buat aku. Bagus juga buat seharian kerja tetapi juga nggak eneq dipakai di luar kantor. Sayang, kayaknya sudah nggak tersedia lagi.

lafefe

Tell me how good you are Bali Dream, tell me how feminine, delicate, slightly spiced you smell. And I will tell you how happy I am after my ebay purchase that made you mine again after such a long wait!

Bali Dream is a gentle breeze caressing a woman with its delicious magnolia and orchid scent, it's a spicy vanilla accord with hints of acquatic fruits like melon and watermelon (at least to me).

I've been to Bali and honestly I wouldn't say it smells like the island of Bali, but it certainly evokes the pure and delicate femininity of the Balinese women and it certainly shares some floral and fruity notes that one can find in Bali. Those same notes used to make me feel so sick when I was in Bali because of my pregnancy, but I can assure you that they are great and absolutely not sickening in Bali Dream fragrance.

It's very frustrating that Estée Lauder chose to launch it only as travel edition and most of all, decided to discountinue it. That makes it more and more special for the few people that own it, at least!

Once again I say, I'm so happy I have it!

Monalisa1810
Monalisa1810

I absolutely love it. Trying to save it for special occasions. Delicate, fresh and feminine. Beautiful. I agree with woozie_9 :-)

indigonil
indigonil

this was one of my favorite scent but is doesnt exist any more...the most exotic parfume ever. It was just like you are in a garden of eden. It was a gift from my boyfriend and he told me that he just red the scent notes of this amazing parfume on inflight shopping magazine and than he decided to buy it and we love it sooooooo much. Hope I can find another bottle. I keep one empty bottle and I sniff it when I miss the scent..

woozie_9
woozie_9

WHY???? WHY are the best perfumes discontinued! I have tried to find it everywhere. Estee Lauder...what's up with that? You created a scent that was above and beyond any perfume I've ever worn. Look above at the reviews, I sure hope you do. You need to bring this back. It was everything I ever wanted in a perfume and I happened upon it at the duty free. Fragrantica, if you have any connections with the powers that be... tell them they made a terrible mistake. sighh...

icecube
icecube

Strangely enought does this perfume start off with a clearly noticables notes of cucumber and coconut.
Flowervanilla, ginger and in the beginning wiffs of pepper.
This is the softest, smootest perfume I ever tried - it feels like you are wrapped in with the softest velvet.
Freshness and fruitiness intermingles in the perfect marriage.
After drydown a vanillainfused, clean breeze. (if I close my eyes I can belive I really are in Bali)
Outstanding perfume!!

lafefe

I bought it at Bologna airport in 2009 and used to wear it that summer, it's still one of my favourite, it's almost a perfect perfume, I wish it could be still available, I'm dying to find another bottle, I had the chance to buy the double pack travel edition but I didn't because my old bottle wasn't finished.
It's a soft floral pleasant for every moment, quite sweet and no too spicy to me.
Desperately looking for another bottle, does anyone have a bottle to swap? PLEASE!!

kelly2
kelly2

Perfect scent. Not too sweet, elegant and intriguing. Unusual.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I love this perfume for summer. It's light, but it lasts 5-6 hours. At first I smell a lot of ginger, but as time goes on it becomes more of a clean, sweet vanilla mixed with pink bubblegum. I don't know why, but every perfume with orchid in it smells like pink bubble gum on my skin (which I LOVE!). But this is very light and fresh compared to Dior Addict or Jean Paul Gaultier's EDP.

I.I
I.I

It's a lovely, soft flowery perfume with good longevity and low sillage. Though it is nothing unique or special it bears the main characteric of Estee Lauder creations, which is QUALITY.
It's easily worn by everybody, every age and almost every season. I can't imagine somebody disliking this perfume.

ol' smeller
ol' smeller

Very fresh tropical light scent good for day or office. I actually have had people follow me thru stores & ask what I'm wearing as it smelled so good to them. LOVEs it. Found it on a clearance pile @ TJ Max....don't know if they make it anymore but will buy again.

exciter76
exciter76

I bought this one completely, utterly, totally blind. I did not have a smart phone on which to confer with Fragrantica when I bought this. My criteria for bringing this home were (a.) it had a tropical name, thus, it must be a tropical scent and (b.) it was an Estee Lauder fragrance. I’ll buy a fragrance blindly so long as it alludes to being tropical. It isn’t really a very good litmus test but alas, I still employ it.

Bali Dream is a satisfying tropical fragrance but its tropical nature isn’t immediately apparent upon first spray. It starts out syrupy sweet and gingery. Nice but not exactly the kind of tropical I had in mind. That was my second mistake (the first being blind-buying scents based on the word ‘tropical’)—there are more tropical environments besides the obvious coconuts-and-fruit-salad ones I had envisioned. Mebster once mentioned a trip to Bali and the scents of the land itself, not the beaches. Once I read that I realized this was a uniquely exotic trip to Bali, not a seaside seat on a generic tropical beach. Thanks to Mebster I had a new appreciation for this scent.

The syrupy sweet ginger quickly gives way to a fizzy-with-a-kick ginger ale that is refreshing and cool. About a half hour later the scent of orchid unfolds and stays consistently lovely for the entire ride. Anyone smitten with BBW’s Enchanted Orchid will fall in love with this fragrance. The sillage tastefully trails with medium strength and the fragrance last for quite a long time, staying even post-shower. I love most Estee Lauder creations, this one being no exception, but this one is different from the average EL creation. This one seems to be more carefree and untraditional, like Beyond Paradise’s eccentric little sister. It is completely enjoyable!

nargis
nargis

A pleasant tropical, fruity floral. At first I was put off by the initial chemical blast, but that immediately opened to warm gardenia and eventually ginger, fruit and pepper. I really like this fragrance and will wear it often. In this genre I actually prefer L'Eau de Monteil, a cooler, more "watery" fragrance (on me). But since the latter is getting harder to find, Bali Dreams will be a great replacement.

Anissa
Anissa

Soft, delicate and a bit spicy. Transparent and a bit watery magnolia scent, with a hint of ginger and vanilla adding the warmth.Very lovable and easy to wear.Nice for office or everyday.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This is soooo much better than Brasil dream!!!! I find it intriguing and very very pleasantand to wear.

The top notes are light and airy with a slitghly spicy edge. Once they disappear, the scent becomes softer and creamier with gardenia coming through without being overpowering.

Although this perfume is not at all sweet, it isn't terribly spicy either. The spicies are there for sure and they bring an oriental feel to the perfume. I don't get any vanilla here but that's fine - it wouldn't go with the rest of the composition anyway.

To my nose Bali Dream is very similar to Little Black Dress (by Avon)though LBD is a lot sweeter.

I found all three "Dream" scents too light. There is the idea of tropical flowers but it's so light that I'm not interested in it. I don't find much use in scents that are hardly discernible.

yastii
yastii

This perfume makes me happy and feels like i'm in Bali :) LOVE!!!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I think of Bali as more balmy, tropical, fruity and spicy. This isn't, but it's still a good quality dreamy, fresh beachy floral.

Ginger and pepper are a bright, but barely distinguishable addition to this breezy fragrance. Magnolia for rich softness, jasmine for a little sweetness and gardenia which is most prominent with it's green, almost aquatic creaminess.

Dries down with a gentle warm wood and a drop of vanilla to round it out.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I feel so lucky! I won this sought after perfume on ebay for a very good price recently. This stuff smells kinda like Flowerbomb to me! So Flowerbomb lovers, check this out! I think it's mainly because I smell vanilla with flowers. But the vanilla note is so sweet, bright and airy. Not like the bourbon vanilla that is deep and spicy in Dior Addict. Estee Lauder's Bali Dream is very beautiful and I am so happy to add this to my collection. We'll see about longevity!

Nanc
Nanc

A very nice combination of orchid and magnolia, some spice with the ginger and pepper; quite a beautiful mix!

Mebster
Mebster

I've been to Bali twice and it does remind me of the island. Not the sea side aroma but more to beautiful modern-traditional aura of flower and spice and wood of the island. I can imagine the aroma of sipping ginger syrup watching
balinese march bringing the 'sesajen' bucket of fruits n flower on their head. It was a warm weather and i use traditional fan made of aromatic wood. Hmmm.. It brings back the memory of Ubud..

NNN
NNN

For me, vanilla usually means "bottled headache".
In this case, vanilla works as a "warmer", making this fragrance amazing for both summer and winter.
It's very tropical, floral, fruity and sexy.
Guys love this scent! I always get compliments when I'm wearing Bali Dream.
Too bad that I can't find it at regular stores in Brazil, just at duty frees in airports... =(

bombonica
bombonica

this smells so lovely on my skin...although it's a spring/ summer fragrance, I'm wearing it today, even if it's winter because it smells so pretty

guest_kelly
guest_kelly

Before i bought this i must have smelled 200 perfumes desperately looking for a beautiful, warm but still fresh scent. It was as i was trying on a pair of shoes in a shoe store and the attendant walked past and left a trail of the most stunning thing i had ever smelled. It was Bali Dream. I legged it to the perfume store and bought a bottle instantly. I didn't regret it. This scent brings to mind romance and joy. Lasts a long time on my skin and always gets compliments, even at the end of an 8 hour work shift!

candykiss0011
candykiss0011

A very spicy scent. I was excited to try this out, at first it smelled great, then I became nauseated. I think the ginger makes it a spicy perfume, not really great for hot days. I gave it to my mom and she loved it, actually smells great on her. But on me, it doesn't smell very good.

lilinah
lilinah

Cheerful, lightly sweet and floral fragrance. Fine for day wear any time of the year. Sadly i don't smell the spices, and the tropical white flowers are so balanced with all the other notes that they are almost indistinguishable in the blend. Smells nothing like the tropics or Bali, however (i lived in Indonesia for a few years). I wear it when i want to smell good, but not overpowering, when i want something innocuous and inoffensive, yet pleasant.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

This is a really wonderful, happy scent. The tropical notes create a wonderful uplifting attitude, similiar to the way citrus notes often do. This is a gorgeous easy way to wear white flowers, especially for people who loathe the heaviness that often arise from white compositions. This is the best of Estee Lauder.

guest_simpatica
guest_simpatica

I love this one too. I dont have it yet, but I am going to buy one as like Emerald dream it also has a nice fragrance, milder than emrald dream though...It is goodfor people who are in tropical countries as I think the smell is not too strong =)

njdeb
njdeb

First impression – I REALLY like this. Not really so tropical to me, but a great fresh, somewhat fruity, floral. A bit similar to Viva La Juicy but more grown-up, a little less sweet (still on the sweet side, though) and slightly citrus. Unfortunately, not very strong or long lasting.

nickflick
nickflick

A beautiful floral fragrance. Not totally unique but well crafted nonetheless. The bottle is lovely to hold and the fragrance is easy to wear everyday and not overly sweet. I recommend.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Very nice..It is very exotic but not to strong either,makes you think about places like Bali.Great summer choice

guest_Lamis
guest_Lamis

I've been to Bali, and seriously, this perfume SMELLS like Bali, it really made me remember about that island!!! the flowers and everything! that's why i bought it!

adves87
adves87

I had smelled this at an airport long time ago, since then i tried to find it even tho i had forgot the smell. I guess i tried to find because it was hard to get. when i finally found this on (swedish) ebay, i got sooooooo disapointed. The bottle is lovely, but what about the smell? it smells so mainstream... just a warm scent. Something my mom could wear, so i gave it to her. oh man im so disapointed, i was expecting something mroe special. i just feel a "warm" smell, thats all, nothing special

vioversilver
vioversilver

At first try this hit me immediately with a harsh hairspray funk, but then just as quickly , before I could freak out - immediately bloomed into a tropical floral wonderland.

Ginger , pepper and apple are the first to appear on my skin and then this creaminess joins in and stays for the duration , I'm guessing that's the vanilla with the gardenia scent especially.

I think this is a good fragrance for any time of the year but I get the tropic image of this for sure.

An unobstrusive, bright, floral feminine scent. Very wearable & comfortable .

jatzzie
jatzzie

Bali Dream isn't anything spectacular, but neither are EL's Dream-series in general. However it's a lovely fresh, sweet, tropical, flowery fragrance, reminds me of holidays and warm weather.For some reason, I really like it even tho it's so simple.:)

tangledvines
tangledvines

From the reviews, I thought I'd love this as I love tropical flowers, but I didn't enjoy it at all. Way too flowery for my taste and the dry down left a musky-musty scent on my skin I couldn't stand.

Aysu
Aysu

I was expecting a boring fruity floral summer scent that smells similar to thousands out there. But it is not. Begins spicy&floral, then calms down. After a while it becomes creamy & powdery with perfect blend of gardenia and vanilla.
It is a calming fragrance, with a good sillage and perfect staying power. İt changed my mind about summer scents :-) Also this can be easily worn in winter as well

guest_Vicki B
guest_Vicki B

Tried it for the first time today and am hooked... love this... is just seems to hang in the air for ever when you walk into a room....

Dirty.secretss
Dirty.secretss

bali bali a love affair..

She’s a charm not too sweet she does leave a trace in the air,her memory is a scare. I agree with (jr) people always ask me when I wear this.

jr
jr

Wore Bali Dream to a meeting a few months ago. It created such a stir, people came out of their offices and into the room I was in to ask what it was. They said it was trailing out into the hallway. It is a magnet. Was so embarrassed , gave the bottle away and now regret doing so.

arianperfume
arianperfume

I like this one very much. Soft floral, I get jasmine first then lovely vanilish notes. Long lasting tooo. Hopefully this will not be discontinued even if it's limited edition. I love it.Bottle looks gorgeous!!!

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

very delicious and pleasant. not very long lasting, but it's worth the money.

guest_melissa
guest_melissa

I have smelled this- very tropical and fun. Would love to add it to my fragrance collection.

Werewolfie
Werewolfie

A delicious smell indeed :-) when i first smelled it, i was on the airport. i got caught by its delicate bottle- and the scent it contained was just great! ginger, pepper, jasmine and ylang-ylang are the dominant scents on my skin. holds really long. i love it :-)

this smell so nice...light and woody....i tested it twice and finally i knew i like it and bought it.

guest_educatedvirgin315
guest_educatedvirgin315

i love the smell! so nice! if i am not mistaken i bought it in june. it almost finish now:-( i wanna buy it again but unfortunately in my country the perfume is only available at the airport:-(

guest_Kitas
guest_Kitas

I bought it a couple of days ago. Love the smell. How I discovered it was funny. I was in Singapore airport when I noticed I smelt a little bad so I went in the perfume section and found Bali stream. The next thing I new it I bought it strait away. After that I went to Bali that afternoon. When ever I put it on everyone notices and comments. I never regretted it

guest_malai
guest_malai

if you love tropic flowers..this is what you like.
very senual and flowery..it makes me think of a tropical island, I love it!

Nuppu
Nuppu

Fresh, fruity floral. Not bad at all to summerfragrance. Make me wish to be in Bali again.

Edit I do like this very much, perfect for summer.

Bali Dream by Estée Lauder 3.81 out of 5 based on 295 ratings and 55 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Bali Dream fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Bali Dream, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bali Dream by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bali Dream by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.