Designers » D E » Floral Green « Groups

Beautiful Sheer Estée Lauder for women

Beautiful Sheer Estée Lauder for women
dislike

Beautiful Sheer is a romantic floral bouquet. This fragrance does not have the usual three level structure: top, heart and base. Beautiful Sheer is a translucent, floral fragrance with pure and harsh woody notes. The base notes are flower Michelia fogii with its dynamic floral accord, juicy and refreshing pear, and linden blossom, mimose and lily that give sweet and fresh aroma. There are only two woody accords: padouk tree and boxwood.

Mimosa Lily Pear Magnolia

Peach Jasmine Rose Lime (Linden) Blossom Green Notes

Woody Notes boxwood

Clinique Happy in Bloom
Clinique Happy In Bloom

Beautiful Sheer Fragrance Reviews

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

Me and my wife LOVE the orginal Beautiful. So while at Bealls earlier today I finally got the chance to slip a tester out from behind the counter while the attendant was helping another customer. Sounds sneaky, but I don't feel like bothering someone to pass me something that is 4 inches away. (It had quite a bit gone out of it which was how I knew it was a tester)
Either way, I sprayed it on the little piece if paper and smelled. Now personally it was a nice scent, but no where NEAR as good as the original. The original seems to invoke a romantic encounter, Sheer is more for a summer day casually but still nicely dressed day at a classy mall with a slight tropical theme. But I still rate it 7/10 on the smell. Also, to my nose it smelled very light when compared to the Beautiful eau de parfum.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

I love this scent for summer.... This I will rebuy next summer I still have alittle left in my 2.5 ounce bottle will use it up and when spring gets here I will Rebuy Sheer! It smells amazing!

JaxTheMinx
JaxTheMinx

I have worn Beautiful for many years and loved it. Then I discovered Beautiful Sheer when it was launched. I prefer the Sheer version. A light, sweet floral scent which is perfect for a hot summer's day under the African sun. I do not like sweet scents that become cloying. This one does not. It's just the right amount of sweet. :-) It's a playful fragrance suitable for a fairly wide audience.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This fragrance lasts and lasts on my skin. It doesn't smell to me like Beautiful, it smells a bit more up-beat and playful than the classic Beautiful by Estee Lauder.

I have tried this a number of times while out shopping to see how this wears over time. It has good silage - and stays on extremely long. This is a plus, particularly on days when you are having to attend a long meeting or won't have time to refresh throughout the day.

This is a fresh and clean type smell. It is probably one of those fragrances that you could wear for a number of different occasions. It is soft, feminine, with an upbeat lift - almost like a singer with a lilt in their voice.

I sprayed this tonight with about 6 other Estee Lauder fragrances. This wins the most lasting. It wears the longest and is the most detectable even 8 or so hours after spraying. For this reason, I need to try this one again - and isolate the fragrance unto itself, to really determine if this has potential to become a "signature fragrance".

shoshana25
shoshana25

I've had a couple of encounters with Beautiful Sheer by Estee Lauder. The first time I tested it I was sure that I was going to purchase it. I did but I was in college and for some reason I think I may have been wearing this fragrance wrong. I may have been overspraying. I was wrecking the fragrance without even recognizing what I was doing. I ended up returning it to Macys.

2nd encounter: I told my mom that I wanted Beautiful Sheer for christmas one year after testing it again. I got it, but sadly I was pregnant this time around and it just repulsed me. I gave a full bottle to my bestfriend. Some time last week me and her went to the mall to shop and she was wearing it and it smelled great on her. It was stuck in my head, so I went to the mall yesterday and re-purchased.

Today at work I'm wearing Beautiful Sheer and it's sooo nice. I applied with a light hand because it can be overpowering if you do otherwise. I;m glad I purchased this. Doesn't matter what happens next, I will not return or give it away. We have a special bond. Lol. I also suspect that one of my friends that I met in college use to wear Beautiful sheer and she would smell so nice. Very bright, fresh, soapy, pink floral that is very inoffensive. Makes you smell incredibly clean and gorgeous. Love! Definitely a classic. I love Estee Lauder fragrances.

EDIT: I have tons and tons of perfumes but I could see myself wearing this every single day. I feel so comfortable and confident in it. Signature worthy.

thefemalemantis
thefemalemantis

love it! a lighter, airy version of the original "beautiful," this is my preferred selection for the spring and summer and during the day.

Londonchick
Londonchick

I expected to LOVE this as it contains every single note I love. I figured it would have to be pleasing to me. I don't mind the original beautiful, despite it being very 80s, in the early 90's I actually thought 'beautiful' was beautiful. I thought his may be a modern version. The sheer version was an utter disappointment, could barely smell anything but the faintest hint of Clag ( glue ) - just goes to show you never can tell by the individual notes. Definite and surprising NOOOO from me.

Soie
Soie

What a wonderful fragrance this is for me! The scent of Beautiful Sheer reminds me of a fragrance that I brought with me on holiday to Europe and Israel as a teen.

Just a spritz of it evokes cherished memories of the light show of Copenhagen's Tivoli Gardens at night; of sailing on Israel's Sea of Galilee; of visiting St Peter's Basilica in Vatican City / Rome, and of strolling along the Champs Elysees in Paris.

Xyria
Xyria

I love the first notes, they are really enjoyable and delicious. But then it becomes sour, there is a note there ruining this perfum, i just cant enjoy it after a little while from aplication beacause of it, and i just cant put my finger on what it is. I thought it was a strong woody scent maybe. Anyway, if this was reformulated without that offending note, i would buy it time and time again, wish the heavenly opening lasted more too.

Caeroly
Caeroly

I love Beautiful Sheer.
Fresh, fun, bright!
I want to have it again!!!

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I agree 100% with LuluCoconut's review. I'm not a big fan of this. Its very soapy, clean, fresh, citrus, floral. This smells exactly like the Clinique fragrances.

Trinidella
Trinidella

This is a beautifully LIGHT scent. And by that I mean you wear this and know that you are scented. I like it for daytime wear. I live in the tropics, so this is a welcomed scent.

ladybug43211
ladybug43211

This is what you put on when you want to wear a fragrance and not allow a fragrance to wear you. It is a sophisticated, clean, classy fragrance. I don't see it having a huge following but for those that know, it is a gem. It's perfect for day and night. Can easily be worn at work, relaxing at home or on a date. It lasts a long time without ever being loud or intrusive. All around, a nice fragrance.

angelleew
angelleew

Deeply warm and inviting, rose and gardenia. No woods, no powders, just a wall of scent that lasts all day-- almost 16 hours. I can not wear any other Beautiful scent, except for this one.

bloomia
bloomia

this used to be my happy-scent in my teenage years. Not too special, no, but even though I appreciate perfumes, they don't always have to be overwhelming and extrovert.
When the girls used to put on Wish or Angel after sports or at lunch break, I had always imagined they had something to "hide" underneath, like smelly sweat or maybe just their lacking personality. Actually, fragrances are supposed to mix with your own smell and not suffocate it.

Still, until today, I am a big fan of sophisticated, clean and minimalistic scents. With this you can't go wrong, try it out and you will instantly feel younger without smelling like cotton candy.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

This is somehow similar to Clinique Happy in Bloom and they do share a lot of the notes. Nice floral green, optimistic and inoffensive.
On second applying I found the one thing that disappoints me the most. The opening notes are just too much, too strong, too messy. This EDT just seems unfinished to me, as it lacks that smooth flow of notes proper to even not so remarcable fragrances. To me it misses the development and goes straight to an undefined drydow, prominent in mimosa.
Good silage and lasting power, but failed to convince me.

chrisstinna_b
chrisstinna_b

I think this would be an example of how lily and lime don't match.
I can feel the lily, which is beautiful, but I can't only focus on lily when lime says: Hello, I'm here too!
I thought I'd like it, since is Estee Lauder and since is floral green, but it seems I was wrong. It is floral green indeed, but it's TOO green for me!

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

This is the only "beautiful" I can wear. The others tend to be too much of a floral for me. This one tends to leave a clean, softer, sweeter scent on my skin. The scent lasted all day for me. This is the more vibrant scent of the beautiful collection. If you like Beautiful, this one is probably not for you. To me, you catch a hint of the original, yet in a more fun, flirty way.

crysna
crysna

How much i adore this fragrance!!!! is so different than beautiful, its more soft, lighter, refreshing and truly beautiful!!! the day that i get married definitely i would wear this fragrance!

Faith17
Faith17

Powdery, light, floral-rosy, has a lot of "tea" notes in it. Overall it's alright, but nothing special.

cocolollobrigida

a second check,this perfume's staying power is not that good,u have to refresh it after 2-3 hours.

cocolollobrigida

i bought this perfume because first time i found it very feminine but fresh,soft and impressive but when i tried it in the house,i was like 'omg' because it smells 'sour',after some time it smells like rancid rose. the only one thing that i like about this perfume,it is not that an usual smell and it can be ok for everyday usage but this perfume usually reminds me old ladies.

michie
michie

I love Beautiful Sheer. It smells soft and feminine, a light floral fragrance. I don't think it is too sweet smelling, but it has an innocence to it that I adore! It is uncomplicated, but that's what I love about it! As my other perfume is Narciso Rodrigues, Sheer beautiful is a light and playful alternative to NR, which tends to be dark, broody and sexy.

TillyWave
TillyWave

After all the bad reviews I was hesitant to waste an entire day of perfume testing on Beautiful Sheer, but I did. Mostly because I really like the bottle. It's simple but some how clean and classic, and I like the pale pink color of the perfume with the silver cap. Whatever works!

Anyway, the verdict=good! I will have to plagarize here and say that when "The Guide" authors reviewed this EDP as "pear shampoo" they were spot on. It starts of with floral-citrus topnotes, grapefruit around the edges that I wish would last longer-but citrus never does...then the heart is a very sweet but not sugary pear. I think of someone with fine, soft, straight, dark wheat colored hair who just got out of the shower and leaves a trail of her nice shampoo behind. (This, of course, does not resemble my hair in the least.)

Beautiful Sheer is a nice fruity floral, feminine and pretty, that I would reach for whenever I have to be in close quarters with others and I don't want to offend, or when I simply don't know that to wear that day. This isn't the most interesting perfume, but it works well, and I ended up buying a 1 oz. bottle of it a few days later.

I guess it varies from person to person, but if you have an opportunity to test it out on your skin for the day, give it a try. And keep in mind that it does change quite a bit in the first hour or so.

EDIT:

Alas I had to ebay this one. It became cloying and horribly synthetic after a few wearings. And unbearably linear, as if the scent of a hair gel intensifies with wear and never goes away.

I can still see how people like this, and no, I never got the pee/vinegar thing, but it ended up not working nonetheless.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I like the floral part of this but there a sharp note in there that stings my nose. I see vinegar, cat urine mentioned above but to me it was like something that sets off hay fever. One of the notes is too strong for me. I use just a little of it away from my face and it's okay. Get a sample and wear it for a day before buying just to be sure it doesn't affect you this way.

sugarplumjabba
sugarplumjabba

I wanted SO badly to like this one !! Such a lovely perfume, and when I sprayed it at the store, it was EXQUISITE, however, after buying a bottle, the first day I put it on (embarassingly enough, the day of my cousin's wake)I REEKED of what seemed to smell like cat urine !!! UGH !!! The tester at the store smelled fine on me so perhaps it was a bad bottle, but I tell ya !! Back to the counter it went !!!

libertybelle
libertybelle

This perfume was a gift and being I don't usually care for green fragrances, this is no exception. It smells plasticy to me at first application. Then fades to a bit of spicey floral but still has a sharpness I don't care for. I don't hate it but it's not a fragrance I will reach for often.

guest_kim
guest_kim

some of the previous descriptions sound nothing like the beautiful sheer, but a lot like regular beautiful perfume which is really stong smelling, sheer really light and sweet smelling.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

I bought this unaware that it is a totally different scent to the original Beautiful, and recoiled in shock! It is dry, woody, musty and "old" with a savoury character that I just couldn't accept. It's also very strong!
None of the floral or fruit notes seemed the least bit apparant and I had to give mine away, which was disappointing as it is not cheap to buy!

Scentgoddess
Scentgoddess

My Step mother bought this for my sister and then my sister gave it to me as she didn't like it. And neither do I it seems. I don't understand the smell... I don't find it pleasant at all. When I smell it straight from the bottle or on my skin it smells like honey and vinegar combined. Much too strong as well! I think I might need to sell this one on E-bay.

amelie
amelie

Pleasant fragrance, typical Lauder, but a lot fresher than the other scents. Romantic and somewhat old-fashioned, I think that was an excellent perfume for the wedding. Takes hours of equal intensity, pear and peach make it softer, while the original Beautiful too strong for me.

Mals86
Mals86

I don't like the original Beautiful, and I've never been able to determine why.

But I found Beautiful Sheer absolutely lovely. "Sweet and fresh" is a good description; I've always like fresh florals and Beautiful Sheer is full of floral notes I find refreshing and pretty: mimosa, lily, and linden blossom. Freesia is not listed, but I seem to smell it. The woody notes are very transparent, and the scent stays floating on top of them.

Would be suitable for younger girls who don't like the ubiquitous fruity scents now in fashion, as well as for women of any age who like delicate florals that don't grab one by the nose and yank.

Prior to testing this fragrance I was almost certain that the sheer version of Beautiful would smell just like the original only lighter, like an EDT. I was wrong.

Beautiful Sheer is like a fresh burst of youth and femininity. Although I quite like the original Beautiful, this perfume seems to appeal to me more due to my young age. I would recommend this fragrance for Spring and Summer months, as it is light, fresh and inoffensive. The fruity and flowery notes in this fragrance have been perfectly blended, creating something that is both pleasant and versatile. It would be difficult to find anyone that found this fragrance offensive.

I don't think it was Estee Lauder's intention for this fragrance to be considered a masterpiece, which it definitely isn't. However, I consider it a fragrance that captures many desirable elements, such as being fresh, clean and easy to wear. I believe that every woman should have at least one fragrance in their wardrobe that is pretty, casual and refreshing like Beautiful Sheer. It could quite easily become a signature scent or a fragrance that you turn to when you can't decide what else to wear.

marie08
marie08

Smells just like Tommy Hilfiger's Tommy Girl. A good transition scent for a young girl to a more "grown up" brand.

ophelia
ophelia

On me it's just an optimistic, light rose oil.
Feminine, no doubt.

Beautiful Sheer by Estée Lauder 3.43 out of 5 based on 180 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Beautiful Sheer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Beautiful Sheer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Beautiful Sheer by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Beautiful Sheer by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.