Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Beyond Paradise For Men Estée Lauder for men

Beyond Paradise For Men Estée Lauder for men
dislike

Beyond Paradise For Men by Estée Lauder is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Beyond Paradise For Men was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Calice Becker. Top notes are orange blossom, hyacinth, grapefruit, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are gardenia, orchid, jasmine and honeysuckle; base notes are hibiscus, plum wood and amber.

Orange Blossom Hyacinth Grapefruit Bergamot Lemon

Gardenia Orchid Jasmine Honeysuckle

Hibiscus Plum Wood Amber

I Love New York for Fathers
Hilfiger Athletics

Beyond Paradise For Men Fragrance Reviews

MetalMan
MetalMan

A hot, white light wraps around your body, washing away all the pain and the misery...you blink...Your lungs fill with a majestic garden, brimming with bright florals and endless groves of grapefruit, bergamot, and pears - you salivate at the delicious dewy juiciness that permeates the air. You are compelled to dance through this landscape, free from the weight of all that binds. Your delighted dance brings you deeper into this land - you are lost in the depths of overgrown cypress...yet it feels strangely comforting. The years have taken their toll yet have freed you somehow. You walk among these clustered wonders touching their fragrant bark - reliving the memories etched in to each of them. So many loving embraces and tender kisses, souls aching for adventure, youth struggling to find permanence among the shifting sands of time. Your hands are gently coated by their ambery dreams - you can breathe them in at will. You dance until the stars fall around you - you find peace in the dark night and the warm earth beneath your feet. This may be a strange new place....but it's your home. May we all find our way through this vast and wild world.

Day 59 - In another world
Listening to: The Gathering - Travel

Notes: This fume is incredibly beautiful for the first hour or so...then it turns into an interesting, albeit tried and true, wood and amber formula. The opening is majestic in its juicy, leafy woods - there are definite notes of bergamot meshed with what feels like lemon & lime. The best part is the sort of bark and wood that it evokes - like ripe maple trees in the heart of fall. I envision massive rows of these maples with psychedelic leaves that shift through all colors of green and red...very alluring! This, unfortunately, shifts to a recognizable cypress (which is still great) and citrus with an ever-growing presence of a mildly musky and woody amber note. It kind of just lingers in this stage until losing the cypress and remaining a woody amber until it quietly disappears. Overall, it opens uniquely but morphs into the love child of Dior Higher and Estee Lauder Intuition Man. Not bad by any means, just not as unique as the intro would suggest. It lasts around 6 to 8 hours and displays best in warmer weather. It may have been discontinued though....so many gems lost to the passage of time...

murysusanto
murysusanto

Referred by a friend and got it today, I have been longing to get this and finally, this is really good and it last a while.

Cerulean
Cerulean

★★★★

I'm amused while reading reviews on Basenotes about this fragrance that depict horror, rotten fruit, synthetic waste and such. This really shows how humans lately have the tendency to be reactive and intensely opinionated, especially regarding subjects they are interested in, such as fragrance.

Beyond Paradise for men is not a horrible smell, it is not rotting fruit or any foul smelling condition.The original notes are:

Top Notes: Buchu leaf, Mist note, Jabuticaba
Heart Notes: Tarragon, Lavender, Mediterranean note, Sage, Thyme
Base Notes: Beech wood, Oakmoss, Broad-leaved paperbark, Patchouli, Vetiver

It's initially the smell of citrus and fruit resembling a melon or grape (jabuticaba fruit), only to harmoniously blend to a floral/herbal heart that gives you an impression of wet cut grass, and all that embraced by a base of wood and vetiver keeping all that fruitiness and airiness masculine.

Does it deserve a good rating? It is unique. It performs great in terms of sillage and longevity (7 hours) for the summer. To me, it is uplifting and I feel great wearing it, and that matters more than what others think. Then why not a good rating? A good rating to a fragrance that brings something unique to the table of dull aquatics that we've smelled so many times that they end up to resemble common air.

It's also really interesting how they collaborated with the Eden Project (one of the largest plant conservatories) to get exotic notes such as the buchu leaf or the notes of the waterfall's mist that was in there.

Don't get mad that Luca Turin (a human being) believes it's a masterpiece. The world would be a different place if rotting fruit, vomit and chemical waste smelled like Beyond Paradise, don't be pretentious and snobby just because you have a couple of "niche" fragrances in your collections because it really doesn't say a thing about your taste.

I am not as ecstatic as Mr. Turin, but I love the scent, and I will definitely keep it in my collection.

jutsFL
jutsFL

I really don't know what possessed me to purchase this one many years ago. It's an absolutely horrible smell, one of the strangest colognes I have ever smelled. Somehow I used the whole bottle, mostly on days I didn't give a crap, and wasn't trying to impress anyone. This was the one I'd lather up with before mowing the lawn. It smells like the cheapest car air freshener you can buy, labeled 'beach.' In fact, it would have been better suited for that. Now I'm a bit upset that I never just used it as a car scent. Steer clear of this one at all costs.

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

There's something so alien and bizarre about Beyond Paradise for men.

It smells like eating a very ripe, extraterrestrial fruit while walking on a beach of an alien planet catching the unique sea-breeze in a different universe.

This fruit accord is a mélange of melon, cucumber, and honey-dew. The freshness is what I imagine a beach in a different universe to smell like. The skies glow neon purple and green. The water glows neon blue. The sand is lifeless, cold, and gray.

I still have a hard time calling this a "fruity" fragrance because I don't believe it's a fruity scent. That's why I am so stumped on Beyond Paradise.

It's very linear and none of the notes are detectable. It's an overripe fruit smell, unusual freshness, and a distant-yet-familiar wood fragrance. A very different, high aconcept art fragrance that should be tested even if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

thegreekone
thegreekone

Despite the negative reviews, i love really much this fragrance.For me,it is very sexy,animalic and clean composition with sharp fruity notes.Better for summertime.

morkant
morkant

Like glow in the dark, radioactive flowers that buzz and hum like neon lights. Sweet, salty, herbal and misty. Very grey-blue. I want to stockpile this, it's just so odd and luminous-smelling.

nightcutter
nightcutter

Smells like tropical fruits, celery and gunpowder. It shouldn't work but it does. I like this a lot. Shame it is discontinued.

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

My first experience with this was not good, but now, I love it! I blind bought this for my current summer 2015 wear. I wanted a tropical florally scent that was slightly juicy. This fragrance is a bit warm for a summer fragrance but does get gradually lighter as it dries down. It starts off as a strong bergamont/amber scent, you can get hints of the floral notes but they don't really show up until it gets to the middle dry down. By the time it does dry down, it will definitely smell like a beautiful tropical island garden. I suppose that's when the hibiscus and plum wood take over. Don't be fooled, it is a hard warm scent at first but it does dry down to something tropical and pretty. Sillage and longevity are terrible, so also be forewarned about that.

Prone to Cologne
Prone to Cologne

Simply smells like cantaloupe to me and I'm not a fan of that.

cranb3rry
cranb3rry

I think this is the right pyramid:
Buchu leaf, Mist note, Jabuticaba
Tarragon, Lavender, Mediterranean note, Sage, Thyme
Beech wood, Oakmoss, Broad-leaved paperbark, Patchouli, Vetiver

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Unique scent that my father uses, i had to put my nose on it.
Beyond Paradise is a fresh fruity scent and floral, opens citrus at the same time fruity, has a melon aspect, grape in all this, and I think that has a little touch of calone, but this mix has a clean floral touch around, light herbal touches together, it brings me a sense of leaf, green, fruit salad. that make it very pleasant.
Drying has light creamy nuances, jasmine or honeysuckle, have aspect that merge with the base, a little synthetic woody amber but nothing to take its quality, is a good perfume and off the radar, a good option for those who want to get out of the same and famous options the market.

Rating: 8,5/10

Bbjr
Bbjr

Sorry but it aggravates the hell out of me when people talk of Luca Turin being some kind of perfume god. I don't care what kind of degree he possesses, unless he possesses my nose I don't care what he smells. The only smell that means anything to me is the one my nose is picking up. You can tell me all day how this smells of cucumber or whatever, if my nose doesn't smell it, it doesn't matter to me. All I'm saying is that everyone smells something different and if I bought everything Luca Turin gives 5 stars I would have a closet full of crap I would never wear.

crypticat
crypticat

A guilty pleasure for me. On the one hand a synthetic and hyper clean type of fragrance. On the other hand it smells like an unknown and beautiful 'thing' that I can't identify. Kind of magnetic in that sense. I wear it lightly and discreetly, but I lean that way with most things. I don't like to intrude in other people's space. I want to enjoy my fragrance almost secretly and have someone hopefully enjoy it when they are close to me.

Freakmotion
Freakmotion

I find it a very good smelling fragrance, it reminded me of Fahrenheit 32 without the vanilla. I think it's perfect for summer or spring, it's not a generic smell but rather shampoo-ish.

Longevity and sillage are average. I intend to buy it :)

Greetings from Chile!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Strong synthetic hedione-helional-calone opening, which is supposed to be a plastic and somehow disturbing artificial representation of some refreshing/tropical/acquatic accord of melon, white flowers and some herbs (it quite smells of basil to me). Basically some ozonic deodorant with a strong metallic/synthetic feel. It may have been a little "new sensation" back then, but I honestly find it terrible - better say, "wearable" as any supermarket deodorant. I also find it fairly similar to Odeur 53 - which instead is more delicate and pleasant, and above all, it "declares" being some avant-garde minimal synthetic experiment. Not saying it's better (it is, by the way) but at least there is no "beyond paradise"/"cheap travel agency poster" marketing bullsh*t there.

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

Excellent herbal note, dominated by wild thyme, not fresh in the common way, but natural and complex. A real bunch of wild flowers, above all labiates. The flow from top to heart is fully homogeneous, but the overall texture is somehow harsh and bitter. Therefore its charming is moderate, I miss both freshness and warmth in the expression. - One of the fragrances where I disagree with Luca Turin. BPM works quite superior to Etruscan, but does not reach the excellent rating of the classic Lauder fragrances such as the Aramis types or J.H.L. If you like herbal fragrances, rather go for Aramis Devin or MCM 24 Morning. - 3 from 5 - 87P from 100 - synthetic herbs

MrMookie
MrMookie

@gerry.madoni : alfarom is a highly respected fragrance reviewer and enthusiast all over the world on internet and writes very good articles and reviews throughout the years, his work is complete and full of passion. I can not speak for him but i can say that he has little to least intention to question other reviewers like luca turin who is in his turn also just a perfume enthusiast /reviewer so dont read it like a bible taking everything for granted.
In art there is never a ruler for perfection its all in the eye (nose) of the beholder.
Btw how is bruno banani's magic?

About Beyond paradise for men.
There are many things said about this truly captivating scent maybe they had the chance to go beyond the paradise where i guess this scent is going... If you where in paradise you are in a bliss but when you go beyond you are in a no mans land full of questions which way to go
My review on this strange but tremendous fruit -flower composition comes later i need to get a few more wearings and wiffs

hanzaw116
hanzaw116

This one is very interesting and I'm in love with it. Allow me to explain:

Wearing it is like a journey across a lake on a boat - not just any regular lake, but with sugary waters in it, and not just any regular boat, it is made of some fragrant woods and is laden with flowers. (I can't name individual notes, sorry!) The sun is above, no clouds in the sky, and the water is still. And you don't row your boat because a gentle breeze carries it along. You just ride along and drop the flower petals int he sugary water, which by the way isn't fit for drinking, because it has dish soap in it. Toward the end of the journey, you run out of flowers and the boat starts to smell like the sweaty butt that you've been sitting on it with. But it doesn't matter, you've reached the other side of the lake and it's been a long day (10+/- hours) and you need to hop in the shower anyway.

So it's definitely a fit for spring and (preferrably) summer. It sits on the gender borderline. I'm getting this for my mother, coz I know she'd love it. (She doesn't mind actually masculine fragrances anyway. She actually even inherited some of mine when I moved out.) I'd say the sillage is medium but sillage doesn't matter coz it takes you away on a relaxing journey. I consider it a comfort scent; it'll calm you down in the midst of your daily frenzy. But the longevity is wonderful. You really need to hop in the shower or put something else on, once it's gone though. The final drydown does smell like some sweaty buttcrack or armpit, ew.

bhaskar.dangat

Beautiful fragrance....fresh and sensual..good for evening wear

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

If you have smelled any of the Kilians by the
If you have smelled any of the Kilians by the wonderful Ms. Becker, then you find some striking similarities with this one. This is sort of like Mr. Roucel's hands on Lolita L.

This shares some of the DNA of Sweet Redemption a bit of Beyond Love and tinge of Dangerous Liaisons. No, not up to the quality but for the price this is pure winner in the casual category.

To be honest the plum wood here I like better than must plum fragrances, the jasmine is more watery (maybe the other components or used with a light hand) than many fragrances with jasmine where it can really dominate a fragrance and make it sticky.

The honeysuckle is sweet and refreshing and again watery not really thick. This is the epitome of a fresh/fruity/aquatic without being watery/calone aquatic.

The florals compliment this one harmoniously while the citruses here play little to no role in the development of the fragrance.

This is a great casual Friday fragrance for the office. I find it great to wear with a linen shirt and sandals, perfect for a fun day with the family. Great for a hot Texas day at church or other intimate gatherings.

I see this one as fully dedicated to warmer weather as I don't see it performing outside of that very well or maybe just being out of place. I think it is unisex but have not smelled the women's version. I would much rather smell this on a woman than say Mugler Cologne.

Performance is average across the board but the first two hours is so mouthwatering that respraying it has become a habit for me.

I give this high marks especially at the current price you can find it at. Originally priced this still may have been a nice fragrance to own.

alberto1964
alberto1964

...a masterpiece for Luca Turin? I think that day Mr. Turin had a bad cold!

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Beyond Paradise is an extremely different and well-done men's fragrance. I greatly appreciate the thoughtfulness that was put into the composition. Interestingly enough, this fragrance is actually far more ambery at the onset than during the drydown, when the opposite is usually the case. There is a hefty dose of florals in here, but it is wonderfully mellowed out by soft woods and amber. The overall effect of this fragrance is very fresh and smooth, but has a very unique character and personality.

Beyond Paradise is a pleasure to wear, although as others have stated, there aren't tons of occasions that this is appropriate for. It's very casual and is better suited to warmer weather. The longevity is great but I would appreciate a larger sillage for this fragrance. It's very inexpensive, and the bottle is gorgeous (the stock photos make it look more garish than it is in person). Beyond Paradise is a worthy addition to anyone's collection.

ErinBerry
ErinBerry

My nose must be broken 'cause it just smells like honeysuckle/melon followed by the amber.

Can't say I get the plumwood at all.

Not the greatest thing but not bad either. It feels a bit too "humid" as well.
____________________

Well, after wearing this for a bit, I can say I can smell the Jasmine and other flowers to a degree.

It's reminding me of sitting out on the patio on a warm summer night, sipping cocktails with family/friends. Pretty nice in that regard, but kind of single purpose, ya know?

Needs more to it I think, but nice for what it is.

6.5/10.

pomdgf
pomdgf

It's fresh like a dew on a grass if you spray in the morning. It's like a wind blow your hair in sunny day. It's like a warm and tender when it's cold. All I can say is I love this fragrance. Honeysuckle and jasmine made me melt.

DocNZ
DocNZ

This is a fresh floral sweet smelling scent on a very strong woody base. The top notes smell strongly of blossom and the base is a strong almost cedar like wood.

When I first experienced it I was immediately transported to an apple orchard in full bloom. It has almost an oriental Japanese garden feel to it.

To me this is a very informal summer scent. Not for the office and not for the evening. It's the perfect scent to wear on a relaxing summer weekend or take with you on a summer vacation.

Silage is ok, probably sits more towards the soft end. You tend to experience the scent yourself more than others would. Longevity is excellent; I can still smell it 12 hours in.

Overall an excellent scent for the sunny weekends.

fhr
fhr

This is my second nice nice cucumber edt. In a timescale i did purchased the Dior Aqua Fahrenheit, thats why counting this to the second. Apparently its having the cucumberish green melone middlenote which sits on your skin so nicely that this brings you back all time tothe nice summer evenings or at least summer days when you cooling yourshelves somewhere in shades not directly under sun. But somewhere there thats obvious. So i really like this one, longevity-vise is not a champion but having so many other strenghts that i forgive this :-) its staying close to skin and transforming itself from stages to stages in a linear not vertical scale. Really nice trip :-)
If you can reach this somewhere really suggest you to have a try it worth. You will not feel similar on anyone around you nowadays cause its rare already. Will get compliments for sure.

jht4060
jht4060

Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise for Men is one of the those rare miracles - it is moderately priced and it is unique and brilliant. The top is a fascinating blend of overripe citrus and indeterminate flowers - you stumble on a neglected tropical orange grove with the ground littered with years of leaves and rotting fruit but the trees and vines have just burst into flower. The top is persistent and seamlessly moves to a chypre-like base of plummy wood. The whole ride is hard to describe because it is so distinctive.

I imagine much of the polarization in reviews comes from the fact that this is nothing like a traditional masculine scent - it is not aquatic, sporty, spicy, or woody (until the base). Even the citrus smells overripe and floral. My recommendation guys - get secure in your masculinity and open your mind. Why should women have all the fun? I can easily smell this on some virile African hunk slashing his way through the vines with a machete.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I think this is a beautiful, unique, and polarizing fragrance. Not surprised that the reviews are very hot or cold. The aroma is very innovative, much in the same way that Kenzo Pour Homme was innovative in creating a distinctly literal interpretation of the sea, ocean, and coastline. I find this one to be more of a tropical, hidden oasis, not necessarily beachy or brilliant, but lush with tropical flowers, refreshing water and something woody. I've never seen such a place, but that's where I'm transported. The woody vibe is probably where people get turned off - its the most lasting effect of the scent and it is paired with florals, which can be less interesting for modern men. Add to that the scent seems quite fleeting and you have a composition primed to disappoint the masses.

But I actually find that its the sillage or projection that drops off, not the longevity, such that this is an appropriate smell for all occasions. But amongst the younger crowd, who want something loud and prominent, this will surely disappoint. But if you're looking for something different, summer/spring appropriate, that is classy, work safe and reasonably long-lasting (7hrs+), give this one a try. I give it 8/10.

Plucus21
Plucus21

Honeysuckle and white flowers headlining a mans fragrance? On top of that this is from a lower end designer house? Sounds like all the makings of a disaster but this is not the case.

I have to give props to the perfumer on this one because given the top notes this fragrance should either be extremely feminine or extremely discordant and disgusting. However, this juice is blended masterfully. I can probably see this depending on one's skin chemistry more than some other fragrances though. This smells extremely clean and tropical like being on a white sandy beach on a clear sunny day in Bali with the rainforest to your back.

The honeysuckle, jasmine, hyacinth, orange blossom, gardenia, hibiscus, and orchid should turn this decidedly feminine. It is a testament to the perfumer's skills the way that these flowers are balanced with citruses and amber to keep it balanced enough for a man to wear. For the price this fragrance is a definite winner and this is one of the few times when I would second Luca Turin's analysis and give this fragrance 4.5 stars out of 5.

new friend
new friend

العطر زهري مائي فاكهي.. بداية لا يوجد الكثير من العطور الرجالية التي يمكن أ توصف هذا الوصف وتظل محتفظة بذكورية العطر، هذا واحد منها، أعتقد أنه ممتاز لفصل الصيف لأن له أثر في تلطيف الحرارة بشكل ملحوظ مع أول استخدام للعطر فيعطي نسيما بحريا ممتزجا بحمضيات غير مزعجة، ثم يبدأ التناغم الزهري وخاصة من الياسمين، ثم في النهاية يظهر العنبر وأخشاب فاكهية بشكل متناغم جدا مع شخصية العطر المنعشة الزهرية

bhaskar.dangat

A must Have...just love this Juice...smells fresh..and heavenly...Good Longevity...feels awesome...very classy, fresh...mood changer...4/5

RighteousStarByDannyMotta
RighteousStarByDannyMotta

MY FIRST OFFICIAL COLOGNE WHEN I WAS 15 YEARS OLD! THE GREATEST MALE FRAGRANCE EVER!

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Beyond Paradise Men is no doubt a fresh fragrance. The first blast gives you the morning air freshness accord, of the haze, mountains and the air that blows. Then it settles down to a fresh woody accord, and lasts for hours. This is my favorite from the house of Estee Lauder for men. I had my first 1.7oz bottle in 2004, and looking forward to having the 3.4oz!

dearchetan
dearchetan

Absolutely the best - Magical,sophisticated, lasting and fresh.Its awesome. MUSTT BUY.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Forget Luca Turin's 5-Star review of Beyond Paradise and you may actually come to enjoy this fragrance for what it's worth.

This is a fresh, fruity cologne for men that eventually settles into a pleasant, woody base. The opening is watery and gives off something of a fruit-juice vibe, and it's accented by some light floral notes. These accords in turn create a transparent, somewhat carefree nature that lends itself appropriately to the summer.

As it settles in, the fruity, floral top blends well with what is listed as "plum wood," which is a nice, light woods. Though it's hard to describe on paper, it has a kind of unique smell which I haven't noticed in other woody fragrances, and it meshes well with the floral and fruit notes. The woods dominate just a little at this point, and it is a drier, welcome transition after an hour or two of the juicy top.

Beyond Paradise has become a summer staple for me. And while many chalk it up as just another generic "aquatic," I think the interesting blend of florals and fruit combined with the plum wood distinguish it from the pack and in the end, create a fragrance that simply smells good.

Projection is moderate (not powerful, but not a skin-scent), and longevity is around 5 hours. This is a casual scent with a light-hearted appeal.

Definitely worth trying if you're not opposed to the fruitier, aquatic side of things.

stayclose
stayclose

This is what I get from elpfm. The notes which stand out for mr the most are plum, orange, honey, bergamont, and flowers. How I feel when I wear it. Island fresh at peace with tropical nature and one with its vibrant colors.

phoiai
phoiai

Sweet smell.
Gals love the smell.
Got lots of compliments But i feel humid wearing this perfume sometime.

instantjim
instantjim

Beyond Eden is a confusing fragrance. It starts off with a melon like accord which rapidly subsides to reveal a strange melange of notes that almost defy description.

To me this fragrance is like the olfactory equivalent of brushing your teeth with minty toothpaste and then drinking a glass of fruit juice. The mint is nice, the juice is nice, but the combination is jarring. It also reminds me of fruit mixed with nail-polish remover.

I cannot imagine why Luca Turin would rave about this and slam a fragrance like Amarige by Givenchy (which I bought for my wife yesterday). There is a profusion of notes floral notes listed in Beyond Paradise, unfortunately they are all lost in this nauseating chemical miasma.

The name 'Beyond Eden' makes me think of the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve travelled 'Beyond Eden' because of their transgression, thereby having to leave a place of natural beauty and delight behind. This pretty much sums up the fragrance.

Just as well I only paid $8 for my 100ml bottle.

manofscents
manofscents

I had it, then sold it. with a name like that expectations were high and its ok to be a bit disapointed but this was a BIG disapointment. smelled very synthentic and ocean-sandy. tried numerous times for it to redeem itself but the nose wasn't havin it. Unfortunately with this one the name doesn't fit the juice.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

i used it .its a refreshing scent. it smells like water melon a lot. its not floral at allllll as a profile is projecting

hajikarimi
hajikarimi

عطری است بسیار خوش و و سبک و معطر و پیش رونده. حیف که دوام درست و درمان ندارد و بیش از نیم ساعت قابل حس کردن نیست. من در ماشین نگه اش م یداشتم (که کار غلطی است) ولی جایی که می رفتم و قبل از پیاده شدن استفاده می کردم، کمتر جایی بود که از من نپرسند که عطر شما چیست؟ خلاصه این که تجربه ی خوبی بود و تا ته اش استعمال شد و اکنون نیز در لیست خریدهای آینده ام هست.

Peegore
Peegore

I have had Beyond Paradise marked as dislike since I bought it, but that's only because there is no "meh" option.

Opens with the cucumbery-melony-watery accord mentioned many times, and dries down to a very timid floral wood that doesn't project too well and becomes almost unnoticeable after 4 to 5 hours. I swear I have tried and better tried to analyse Beyond Paradise, looking to find something elusive I may have missed about it on previous wearing, hoping there will be some kind of epiphany, but to no avail.

I'd hate to put down any fragrance unless it was truly awful, and this isn't. It's just that this has nothing about it that reaches beyond the mediocre.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

The name and the bottle are attractive, the liquid within is not.

Smellzgood
Smellzgood

Top notes of tangerine, lime, cherry (although bergamot is a blend of these scents to a degree). For me, the middle notes are woody(cedar,oakmoss,sandalwood)rather than floral as the profile suggests, although the woody notes are sweetened with slight floral infusions. Basnotes are amber and plumwood. This is one of the more complex men's fragrances I've experienced. Many complaints about longevity, but from my perspective Lauder fragrances always last and last. Keywords: Sweet, woody, earthy. Highly recommended.

powerelixir
powerelixir

this might be a bit pathetic, but this is how paradise could smell in my imagination. a very pleasant, fresh, oceanic and floral scent that makes you feel good. wonderful...

HazelMae
HazelMae

I can't resist cool-looking bottles. Add a description of being both like a never-ending dawn and the feeling of having cleaned your apartment end-to-end, and I was sucked in. When more literal and practical reviews compared it to the woody aspect of Grey Flannel, I had to admit the similarity was there.

I have yet to experience the endless dawn or the clean apartment feeling, but I haven't actually worn it a lot because I'm rarely in the mood for straight-up freshness. I may end up using this as a room spray more than a personal scent. But that is OK.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

My husband has 50ml of it and we both like it. Beyond the Paradise is good for warm or hot days because is light and refreshing. I recomend it for young men.

jtd
jtd

Equally well-composed and unappealing. Same issue I have with the original Beyond Paradise, but I'm equally less conflicted and less interested.

My dear SA at the Estee Lauder counter (LOVE YOU LYNNE!) knew of my love for perfume and passion for writing reviews, and desire to know what "notes" were in things. God Bless her, because she photocopied her ENTIRE Sales Guide for all Estee Lauder regular catalog scents (from Youth Dew on)...and some Limited Editions and all the seasonal Private Collection flankers!

The listed notes above are (for the most part) the ones listed (in the EL book) for the women's BEYOND PARADISE. Here are the ones listed in the Estee Lauder book, for BEYOND PARADISE Men's:

TOP:
Eden's Mists, jabuticaba fruit ("Brazilian grape": a plum like fruit), Eden buchu leaves

HEART:
Mediterranean accord, lavender absolute, Provence sage, tarragon and thyme absolute

BASE:
Golden melaleuca bark (this is a type of myrtle tree called "honey myrtle", and the larger species are often referred to as "tea tree"), Eden vetiver, beach wood, oakmoss and patchouli

I am sure the whole EDEN thing is just a play on the Paradise theme, but it is nice to think they came from an untouched primordial paradise. I am wearing this today and find it to be one of the most unusual men's scents I have found, and the best of the three modern EL releases (not including the green masterpiece of LAUDER for Men). It has a very rain forest type of feel to it, as it IS very green, misty, rather warm and kind of "thick". It does have a bit of pulpy fruitiness in the opening and lovely exotic smelling green leaves. The opening is what "got me", as it was so very unique! The heart is very herbal; but not like dried herbs in a bag or in a bottle; these are living, fresh of just picked herbs. The blending of the tarragon (my favorite herb) with thyme concentrated to an absolute is, I believe, what makes this scent stand out so. Lavender and sage keep it manly; but Beyond Paradise Men steers clear of that soapy or "after shave" type of manscent. The finish on this is very much like the original prelude was, only in a different lower octave. It is still warm and green, but where the top notes were like walking into the edge of a rain forest, here you are deep in the jungle with damp woods, aromatic exotic trees and dangling moss clinging to trunks and branches. The vetiver here is amazing...cool, grassy and just hints of dry smoothness. I for one am very impressed with this fragrance and recommend it to anyone who is looking for something different or unique, while still gorgeous and manly. I have a large bottle of this and find it to be one of the wonders of modern perfumery.

Sillage: very good
Longevity: good
Overall: 4.5/5

I often bash poor Mr. Turin, but here (at least for once) I completely agree with him. Beyond Paradise Men is absolutely amazing! It is a commercial perfume with (some) obviously synthetic ingredients...yes; however, it is a thing of true beauty. And, just like you can walk through a forest (or jungle) a hundred times and each time notice something new and beautiful, so it is with this perfume and me. THIS was my first Estee lauder full bottle purchase, and I must say it was not my last. CHECK THIS OUT! You may find it too "odd" or you may just fall in love with it. Whatever you think, you have to smell it; as it is one of the most enigmatic things I have ever sniffed...

MarsVolta916
MarsVolta916

This is a great cologne, I love these type of colognes but it's very similar to Kenneth Cole Signature.

I can't classify Beyond Paradise For Men as an unsuccessful fragrance but, for sure, is far form being the masterpiece Mr.Turin wants us to believe. It opens with a cucumber/melon combo that's at the same time fruity and green, fresh but not inconsistent. A strong and synthetic woody base is immediately remarkable and brings the fragrance to the very crowded "Cool Water type of fragrance" territory.

If you like light/summery scents this could be a valid alternative to the most popular names, but IMO it is as good as this unambitious genre gets.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

AnyaV

I can just sniff at it all day. Its a very smooth and sensual. Plain irresistible! And yes, I'm not a man but I bought it anyway..

AnyaV

I loved it so much that I had to get it for my brother so I can smell it often. But it doesn't have the lasting power.

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

If you don't mind, just be a little bit metro for a fresh morning after shower, then go for it.

You will be surprised how it can cheer you up to a good start of the day.

Yet, it may smell of melon to some. Just try it before you buy it.

Sillage is moderate, don't expect it to last for a day like Kouros.

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

The top notes are very nice and fresh, but later it develops into a plain woody notes, that can be found in many modern perfumes. Can't call it unique, but if you are into fresh, casual, office-wear perfumes go for it.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

I'm wearing this scent today and definetly is one of my favorites. A very hard to find scent in retail stores. I found it in Haywood Mall in SC and the woman who sold it told me it was already discontinued and appears to be true because I have looked this perfume in various department stores and it is inexistent. I like the bottle too.

Estee Lauder may offend me sometimes with her female scents, however in the case of her masculine fragrances, like Beyond Paradise for Men, she has me overwhelmed with shock and joy.

This fragrance is refreshing, sexy and unique. It's a touch synthetic like Beyond Paradise for Women, however it's not reminiscent of rotting flowers and a chemistry lab like its female counterpart was.

Beyond Paradise for Men relies on its distinctive fruity notes and exotic floral combination. It brings to mind everything that's Summery; beach, hot sun, cool drinks etc. Strangely enough, despite its rather feminine composition, this fragrance is very manly. However I wouldn't rule out this fragrance for women altogether as I find the scent rather unisex.

Luca Turin raves over this fragrance, describing it as being very colourful and complex. I somewhat agree, even though I do still prefer dark, woodsy and spicy scents on a man.

I thought of my boy the moment I sprayed this fragrance onto a piece of card, which unnerved me a little. For this reason alone, I feel that this fragrance would probably suit his relaxed, somewhat clueless sense of style and humour. Beyond Paradise for Men speaks character, liveliness and youthfulness.

In some ways it strikes me as being a little aquatic, but not in a dominating and suffocating sense of the word. It sits on the skin smoothly and lasts quite well, with the sillage being rather impressive. I highly recommend.

vtw
vtw

This smells so gorgeous on my husband, it turns a short balding middle aged man into Mr Desirable (well, for me anyway).

marioslg
marioslg

Is indeed a strange perfume, floral! this is the first time I come across such a perfume. It's nice I would say but I will buy this becuase of it's uniqueness!

jtappenden
jtappenden

Such a fantastic & exotic men's fragrance.A real masterpiece.Just beautiful.

This one starts out fresh fruity but not much floral. I don't smell anything in particular because flower and fruit blends together nicely. The dry down is actually a typical woody aromatic type of fragrances; very similar to DKNY Men 2009 which I have, but Beyond Paradise is just a bit less sweet and woodier. I would definitely get it if I didn't have DKNY.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Finally a new unique scent that doesn't smell like something I've already smelled. It it clean and very fruity from top notes, hard to describe after that. It's listed in the WOODY AROMATIC group but to me it's all Fruity Floral.
Perfect scent on a hot summer day. Can be unisex in my opinion as it's very sweet (not many men will feel comfortable pulling off a sweet fruity scent)

andrevarx
andrevarx

It smells like heavy wood tones with a green background and aquatic notes. Fragrance simple and casual. Best suited for young men as a fragrance for everyday use, nothing spectacular but nice. I think the scent fits more in the days of winter or summer evenings.

sashenka
sashenka

This is a beautiful cologne...maybe in part because it's connected to fond memories for me. To me it has a kind of dark and mysterious feeling, definitely a fragrance to wear at night. Reminds me of smelling flowers that bloom after dark...it's not aggressive or overbearing like a lot of colognes, instead its warm and somehow feels "protective", or at least makes me feel safe when I smell it, but this "gentleness" doesn't take away from its masculinity. It's evocative not of an aggressive, conquering man, but rather of a seductive one...or one who protects you. Kind of dark and brooding at the same time, benevolent but sad...very beautiful, seductive fragrance - with a unique interpretation of masculinity.

vdxl
vdxl

This is a very special scent that is exotic, tropical but not in a cheap way. You will not smell nor like your Ocean Breeze detergent nor your classical fruity jam. It is a sophisticated tropical scent and the hibiscus note in this one, along with only discreet fruity notes and wet wood, to which aromatic mediterranean herbs are added. A masterpiece which only a few weeks ago I started to appreciate. I hope they never discontinue it. It smells like a true vacation, it can be called an anti-stress cologne. It also does not smell as superficial as the aquatics we all know. It is terrific by all means. I name it the best fresh fragrance for me.

Eros
Eros

Interesting freshy variation on the classical Dunhill scent. I think newer Davidoff "Silver Shadow Private" (the same creator Calice Becker) is trying to follow a very this one.

Robert White
Robert White

This fully deserves Luca and Tania's rating in the guide. It's a very complex not too woody woody chypre. It's creative enough to keep the attention of the man who wants something more than the usual boring masculine, but it's manly as all hell without straying into parody. A great gift for your guy, ladies, if you want to show him what all the fuss is about this perfume business. You can wera this all day, anywhere.

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

this got my attention, is very sensual awakes something special on girls i was shock in a party i was wearing this scent girls keep comming to iniciate conversation ask for the perfume i don't wanna stop wearing this.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Beyond Paradise is a delicious fruity-watery fragrance that is quite unknown in Brazil, where it's not sold.

Although the official notes mention "jaboticaba", a traditional Brazilian fruity, I can't smell it during the development. All I get are some mysterious fruits and flowers, with a nice aquatic feel.

The lasting power is superb, the fragrance lingers for hours and the bottle is stunning.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

This was given as a gift from someone to my husband. It's a refreshing scent. It's nothing that is entirely irresistible, but it's wearable for every day wear.

2007