Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Brasil Dream Estée Lauder for women

Brasil Dream Estée Lauder for women
dislike

tropical

Hot, exciting, full of love new perfume by Estee Lauder, named Brasil Dream accompanies popular editions – Bali Dream from 2008, Pleasures Exotic from 2004 and Emerald Dream from 2007. Concept of this fragrance suggests rhythm, exotic and life in Brasil, and the edition is followed by a commercial motto: “Go where it's warm, exciting and full of life”. Brasil Dream was design to evoke shine of Brazilian sun, with hot, fruity and rich floral notes, with guava, pineapple, neroli and orange blossom. A heart incorporates night jasmine and gardenia from Brazil, while base notes await us with patchouli, sandalwood and coconut milk. The perfume is available as 50ml edp and as 2 x 50ml set.

Guava Pineapple Neroli African Orange flower Orange

Jasmine Gardenia Amalfi Lemon Bergamot

Patchouli Sandalwood Coconut

Island Bermuda
Elle L'aime

Brasil Dream Fragrance Reviews

lemonzest
lemonzest

Brasil Dream is one of my favorite gardenia scents because it captures the complexity of gardenia very well. The other notes - coconut and white florals - do add richness to the scent, but mainly Brasil Dream is about High Definition tropical gardenia. It's not the most realistic gardenia (that would be Bvlgari Jasmin Noir), but it is enjoyable. Maybe it's supposed to be tiare.

This has great longevity and projection. The assorted fruits just sweeten and amplify the gardenia or tiare rather than competing with it. They help it project in 3D. Fruity florals dominate perfumery these days, yet many scents run the fruits and flowers in parallel, making them struggle for predominance. Like a NASCAR race, this struggle sometimes end in a crash. Here the other notes showcase the gardenia very well.

It's summery in a non-obvious way: not Banana Boat sunscreen and pina coladas, but more like a tropical garden with, well, gardenias. Tiare is not listed, so the blend of jasmine and neroli must be the other white florals.

Sidenote: I wonder why they use the Portuguese spelling of Brazil with the English word "dream"? Go with Sonho do Brasil or Brazil Dream...mixing languages seems cheesy. It's as if spelling Brazil the Portuguese way was supposed to give more panache, but if the whole name were in Portuguese EL would confuse its customers. Still, the great scent and beautiful quilted glass bottle more than make up for the name.

The ad slogan about going where it's warm, exciting, and full of life doesn't appeal to me at all since I live in a hot, crowded, dangerous city in Texas. I know they mean interesting life, the side of Brazil tourists see, samba dancing, Carnaval parades, Ipanema...But I think of this as a quiet park full of flowers, not far from the beach.

Shame this was discontinued. Guess they needed the space for another Modern Muse flanker.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

This is perfect for summer. It's getting much more wear this year than some of my more expensive bottles. It's easy to wear, soft, but present. A secret beauty!

hyperfluff
hyperfluff

Echoing a couple reviewers below: this scent is indeed very reminiscent of Crystal Noir EDP's drydown (obviously minus the drama and dark spices...but the gardenia + orange blossom + coconut + sandalwood, yes, really! this is the non-spicy, daytime version of Crystal Noir!!)...this one is ofcourse smoother and lighter, more luminous and fruity (citrus-guava), being a day scent and all. Very well-done, niche quality (nothing synthetic about it), notes blend seamlessly. Quite creamy, it's more floral than fruity, fresh but warm. If you love gardenia, orange blossom and beach scents, you need to try it. It doesn't immediately make me think of sand and sea, but of 5 star beach resorts and glamorous supermodels walking around in little caftans...a gust of fresh island breeze blowing through the open lobby, carrying the scent of their expensive perfume mixed with the monoi oil glistening on their clean bronze skin. That's the mental image I get with Brasil Dream. It is sensual 'beach-chic' and feminine rather than casual. On a warm day: very good sillage and very good longevity on me (7-8 hours).

lainy
lainy

I love Bali dream and also have emerald dream so thought I would try Brasil dream. This did not smell how I expected it too at all, I didn't like it very much at all until I took it on holiday to the beach where it changed completely! In the warmth and humidity the jasmine really came out and lots of men complimented me on it, they really seem to love it. Lasting power is very good but to me it only smells nice in humidity! Strange I know but when I'm back home it still doesn't smell good.

pravda48
pravda48

This opens with a huge burst of sweet licorice on my skin, interesting and definitely not what I was expecting! It quickly dries down to what I would call a 'coconut lite' scent, a very floral-kissed coconut.

Beautifully balanced, right in between clean and fruity and lush. Gently sweet jasmine/gardenia/orange blossom that's just stronger than the creamy coconut/sandalwood, and just the tiniest bit of guava/pineapple for the tropical vibe that you can feel, but not quite place. A lovely scent for days when I want something on the lighter, cleaner side but not boring. The neroli almost manages to peek through and make it a tad soapy, almost, but not quite. (I hate most neroli but enjoy this, if that gives you any idea of the subtlety.)

ETA: Is the licorice opening normal or do you guys think my bottle had aged? =/

[12.1.14 4-6 sprays]

sandalwoodevotee8
sandalwoodevotee8

Unique and special perfume...

Spray this on to yourself and expereince a warm journey of citrus and jasmine... which then leaps on to the calming and sensuous patchouli that makes you want to have a yummy sangria...and finally the sandalwood rests upon your skin like the perfect blend of the perfect summer fragrance... must have!!

My vote- 5/5

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Fruit, fruit, fruit, a few flowers and more fruit. Really juicy and sweet. This does smells good, but easily becomes overwhelming. One spray is all it takes. This gave me a headache. This is A hangover from too many piña-mojito-hurricane-screw driver-coladas with loud samba music in a bottle.

shasta
shasta

I love this and it smells very similar to Narcisco Rodriguez, despite people voting it down every time someone(mainly me) suggests that it reminds them of it. It can smell musty. To some, it can be a bit masculine. I don't really detect the fruity notes as much as the floral notes. The coconut is not strong or cloying but it's what gives this a tropical vibe. I wish it were more dramatic. On me, sillage and longevity are very low.

Jillita
Jillita

There's an initial green and powdery aldehyde blast that settles into a tropical fruit salad accord starring guava and coconut, and then there's a fully ripe orange bloom. The coconut and guava recede leaving the orange, and then I am reminded of the best of Dune, a warm and oriental-spicy heart with tagetes, sunflowers, in golden glory and green stem notes, and avoiding a nauseating marigold that my chemistry produces (unfortunately) with Dune. White florals are present but vague to my nose, an undeveloped jasmine and no creamy gardenia, and the orange blossom evolves into a beautiful neroli. The base is orange, prominent patchouli, and sandalwood with a hint of creamy coconut. This is a grown-up Miami Glow. Perfect for a humid summer night. A truly elegant tropical fruity floriental.

Charlotte462
Charlotte462

On me it smelled musty, sweaty, and stale. Very disappointed.

CozyCat

I agree with reviewer below that this scent is something between Crystal Noir and Narcisco Rodriguez (black bottle), but it's lighter, cleaner, brighter and more tropical than either of them (I actually don't like Narciso Rodriguez). Brasil Dream is still a potent one compared to other 'summer' scents though, and it is mostly a floral fragrance. It's an exclusive tropical beach resort in a bottle...Lots of fresh tropical flowers like gardenia, orange blossom, jasmine, almost life-like, like their gorgeous heady aroma is being carried by a gentle breeze...all that on a bed of clean, creamy musk, with a squeeze of citruses and a splash of coconut water added in. It smells expensive and has great sillage and longevity. The coconut here smells good too, not suntan-lotiony and I tend not to like coconut notes in other fragrances.

PS. Somehow to me this scent is just perfect for both warm, balmy summer nights and cool, damp autumn days. It's kind of sexy and romantic...fresh and clean, but warm and velvety.

sky74
sky74

Very soft. Not tropical sun tan lotion ot fruit salad kind of scent. This one, in my opinion is something between Versace's Crystal noire and Narciso Rodriguez for her.

Brasil Dream opens extremely fruity. All guava and pineapple. Within a few minutes it dries down to a creamy gardenia and orange blossom with a touch of coconut. This is not a summer coconut fragrance for those who are looking for something similar to suntan lotion. Brasil Dream is a predominately white floral composition with the coconut and other fruity notes only acting in a supporting role.
Sillage is moderate, which I find ideal for this fragrance. Any stronger and it would be too overpowering for summer. Lovely for even the hottest summer days, and also nice for the evening.
I'd highly recommend this fragrance to those who find most summer compositions to be too sweet and/or fruity. Although the opening is a veritable fruit salad, the final product is a creamy, feminine and mature white floral.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Just bought it blind. But it´s not my kind of perfume. Thought it would be a good coconut perfume, but instead there are to much flowers :(
I have it for swap. 25ml in a 50ml bottle. PM if you want to swap.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Brasil Dream is summer in a bottle. Thanks for the great trade EK! It's a delightful blend of gardenia and jasmine, and although I can feel the tropical vibe, I must say I can't detect any coconut or pineapple. Am I dreaming or do I catch just a hint of pepper? Sadly, not very long lasting on me though.

pbluberry
pbluberry

This is truly gardenia and a little tropical from the fruits. For some reason Estee Lauder perfumes all smell interesting similar to me. I am not a perfume expert but I can usually tell when it's Estee Lauder.

MineralDiva
MineralDiva

I didn't really get gardenia out of this one, as much as I did lily-of-the-valley. It's a pleasant enough scent, but really nothing exciting, never smelled before or more well done by someone else. Would make a nice bathroom spray, actually. Though it's pretty pricey for that. Just another common floral old-lady scent, trying to pass off as modern and jazzy. Didn't work...but it was a better effort than others in this line.

lapurrla
lapurrla

To me Brasil Dream is truly tropical, but not in a coconut suntan oil or Pina Colada kinda way. I was expecting more coconut, something a little heavier or creamier I guess. Once I accepted that the coconut is low-key, after a few wears I've come to appreciate it just as it is. The white flowers and fruits, especially the citrus, are a pleasing blend. The strength and projection are less intense than I usually find Estee Lauder. So I can wear this without overwhelming myself or anyone else, but enjoy it within a small radius. To me EL is excellent quality for its price. I haven't seen the Dream range in Australia so I bought blindly too. Perhaps our expectations get in the way of enjoying Brasil Dream. Reading the notes is only an indication of what a perfume will smell like. I consider it a happy accident when I even like my blind purchases, no matter how hard I study it's never very successful.

keah
keah

กลิ่นออกไปทางดอกกระกังงามากกว่า ไม่ค่อยประทับใจ

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

There is something that stops me from loving this perfume.

Maybe it's the underlying wateriness - not in a melony-sweet-aquatic (i.e. L'eau d'issey) kind of way. But just diluted. The drydown comes quickly, a very sterile musky base that didn't seem to sit well with the warmth of skin.

Let's be fair. The gardenia is beautiful in here, not sickly sweet or waxy. The interplay with neroli and coconut brings to mind an exotic summer holiday - but the watery rigidness is more reminescent of holiday at the swimming pool, rather than at the beach.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I got this for $20 of strawberrynet unboxed but a great deal! Anyone who wants straight up, no fuss gardenia should get this. Gardenia in the spotlight, backed by a chorus of prettily natural-smelling white florals. I don't get any coconut from this unless it's a young coconut I'm drinking from instead of coconut milk. Creamy gardenia, light citrus all the way. Very satisfying especially at this price. I would use this as a daytime scent and the Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia as a heavy hitter night fragrance between the two. Lasting power is weak to moderate and so is sillage. All in all a lovely scent and a very worthwhile buy as long as you don't mind doing regular top ups in the day.

erica_74
erica_74

I bought it unsniffed from strawberrynet, since I adore gardenias and jasmine. It is a very nice summer fragrance!
Not the typical gardenia/jasmine scent...but a nice take on them accompanied with citrucy notes (which of course do not last) and patchouli.
Coconut is used as a "push up bra" for gardenia, and I am guessing that is the reason most peaple say they do not sense coconut notes in this. Gardenia and coconut go well together because coconut accenuates gardenia notes.
Interesting, summery scent with great sillage and longeavity! Glad I bought it. It's very wearable day and night!

ps: This has nothing in common with Estee Lauder's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia which is my most beloved scent. Nothing to remind me of it (suprisingly though, since they share basic notes).

Somebody stated that it resembles Narciso Rodriguez for her and - I agree - they do share some accords but are not too similar.

CozyCat

A sensual, feminine, beachy fragrance. No fruits. No syrup. No pina colada. No suntan oil smell. This is a tropical white floral, a mildly sweet one. It's warm, clean, fresh... gardenias and jasmine, on a base of musk and sandalwood. I smell the citruses and there is some coconut there, but the coconut is not creamy or sweet, it's fresh and aquatic, like the scent of coconut water after splitting it open. It gives the scent a unique, exotic twist. It's perfect for summer nights, not just for day-time, and I'd wear it into fall as well. The sillage is fantastic and it has great longevity (8 hours). I can imagine myself in a gorgeous little caftan walking hand in hand with my lover along the sea-shore on a tropical moon-lit night...the sand under our feet and the look of love in our eyes....

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

too flowery....and heady....gave me a headache....drydown is like bugspray....pass ..!

caitrun
caitrun

Love this perfume; the gardenia is so prominent, yet not cheap. It is musky and earthy. Very organic smelling, like what Brasil itself would smell like! Patchouli is evident, yet I am not picking up coconut.

Bebette
Bebette

This was a blind buy off of ebay for me, and I'd like to add I just ordered a second one to stock up on it! It's not what I expected... for me it is a simple, and I stress SIMPLE scent. From beginning to end I pick up nothing but Gardenias on my skin and for me that is okay. I used to pick a Gardenia every morning as a child, wrap it in a damp paper towel and seal it with aluminum foil. Then I would bring it to school with me until the teacher would take it from me claiming it was a distraction (but the truth was she just wanted it on her desk so she could smell it lol). For me it transports me to those times and I could easily see this layered with other scents if I wanted because it is only one scent.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

I bought blind on Ebay, along with Bali Dream. I'm immediately in love with Bali Dream. When I smelled Brasil on paper, I was not happy. I could not put my finger on it, but something didn't smell balanced to me.

Well, being that I know often perfume changes on skin, I went ahead and put it full on yesterday. The lasting power was very good. Put on at 10, lingering at 6pm.

I enjoyed the scent much more on my skin than I did on paper. I would say I like this one pretty well, it is unique. I also think its a scent that as I wear more, and as the weather warms, I will enjoy it more.

It is not a top pick for me, as Bali would be, but I will certainly make good use of it. Very easy to wear. I do get the all the notes listed, including the pineapple and coconut. They are subtle, not a suntan lotion blast. I think the one note I'm not fond of is Orange Flower or maybe the Guave or maybe the combo. But the fragrance is very nice. I would be unhappy if I'd paid full Estee Lauder price, but I'm very happy with the price I paid on Ebay.

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

Another blind buy...And my last one!!!
Too much honeysuckle,NO coconut,NO pineapple,NO OTHER NOTES!
I'm dissapointed and don't think I will wear it. :((((

gazelle
gazelle

I was swayed to order this EL Brasil Dream after I read fragrantican Rainydaze write that this fragrance captured the spirit of the tropics, she having lived there a few years. I've been searching for a night blooming jasmine which would carry me to the tropics or transport me to our neighbor's garden when I was a child. I'd tag along with my mother after her evening chores (no TV then for us) as she walked to visit our very aged neighbor. I can still see in my mind's eye the garden bathed in moonlight and inhaling various flowers: roses, gardenia, jasmine, and sweet or tea olive, I think.

My two spritz surrounded me with a mist of dreamy jasmin and gardenia. I smell no fruit, no patchouli, no coconut. My chemistry devours fragrance notes within a very short span of time. Two hours later, only the lingering sandalwood and wait! now I do discern, but just barely, coconut. I'm going to love wearing this perfume. If I can find it for a very good price, I might just buy Bali.

Thank you Fragranticans. I've just returned from my visit to the moonlit garden of Dona Paz.

jenthescentjunkie
jenthescentjunkie

So I bought this blind on EBay - 1.7 oz for $7, and I must say I am NOT disappointed. I never spray a perfume on my skin at first b/c as we all know there may be an allergic reaction or it may smell terrible. Well, this one smelled AWFUL on the tissue paper in which it was wrapped. I was ready to re-sell it, but I didn't have an allergic reaction, so I thought I might spray it on myself so I'd know how to describe. It is absolutely lovely. Warm, inviting - just really good! I don't think it's a beachy smell, but it is so warm and unique. If you can get a cheap one like I did; you won't be disappointed. It isn't a strong or old lady smell like most Estee Lauder scents. It is really quite unique.

myplacebo
myplacebo

I love patchouli. I love gardenia. I love tropical scents. But even I was taken aback by the sheer force of the opening blast. Overwhelming but a total pleasure at the same time. Now you need 10-15 minutes to recover. My usual habit of 4 sprays may be a bit overindulgent with this one, but I can't help myself. I enjoy the opening, it's a guilty pleasure. The middle notes remind me of a jagged Sensi also, with a dripping patchouli undertone that never leaves and EL synthentic floral notes that pop out rather than a well blended Armani. Testing definitely recommended with this one, rather than a blind buy. I think it's a love/hate fume. I guess you could play safe and go for one spritz and be careful not to inhale. Worth getting beyond the nasty surprise. Then it mellows into a beautiful tropical scent in the drydown which is no longer scary. Personally I love it, fades over 6-8 hours on me, and I will definitely buy again.

aijucitis
aijucitis

i bought this perfume without actually knowing how its smells,i liked how its called and i thought it might be similar to escada perfumes(which i adore),i read rewiews on fragnatica and when i got it from e bay-i was 100% satisfied with this smell,it lasts forever,just few sprays in the morning and you still smell amazing in the evening!If you like most escada perfumes you'll love this one!

pingui
pingui

I bought this fragrance as a blind buy, thinking that this would be a nice tropical vacation kind of scent. I was imagining sitting underneath an umbrella with a pina-colada (with real cream of coconut and pineapple juice), with the scent of flowers in the background. This fragrance is NOT it!

The opening, I get a little of the pineapple, and a strong burst of citrus, which disappears rapidly. What is left is yellow florals, but not in modern sense to my mind. The florals feel more traditional/"grandma" to my mind. Don't get me wrong, if you really like strong florals, you'll probably love this scent. For me though, I am sorry I bought as a blind buy.

Lynn Buck
Lynn Buck

Okay when I first sprayed this I thought ooopsy made a blind buy Boo Boo.....BUT a half an hour on my skin and I can't stop smelling myself. I smell so sexy and summery...lol. This is a gorgeous scent. Will def be buying again. Give it a a chance it's FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Starts off as a dewy, tropical fruity-floral...I thought I detected honeysuckle, but it must be a combination of the other notes. It dried down fairly quickly to a gardenia scent. The base notes were completely drowned out by the gardenia, and because I am not a huge lover of gardenia, the fragrance felt a tad too floral for my chemistry.

Overall, it was a pretty scent, though!

merlinarbor
merlinarbor

A greatly underappreciated fragrance! Just saw a full bottle for sale on eBay at less than $10--you can smell like a million bucks for next to nothing. It's long-lasting and very lush without being sweet. Smells just about the same from beginning to end. Too heavy for a humid summer day, but ideal for a summer night or a relatively dry climate. I also wear it on dreary winter days to make myself happy.
I think Fragrantica's classification as a Fruity Floral is misleading; it's strictly a Floral. I get no fruit and no coconut, "tropical island" rather than "beach". I can never figure out how this fragrance manages to be both fun and elegant at the same time, but it does. I've had it a year and a half and still haven't grown tired of it.

flues
flues

honeysuckle, it is smell like only honeysuckle, i love it.

Anissa
Anissa

Unlike the others, I don`t find this citrusy at all.I don`t find coconut or pineapple either. On my skin this is warm and flowery and very soft and feminine.I can find the orange flower, patchouli and sandalwood. BD is very long lasting, stays all day.I find it a bit similar to Narciso Rodriques for her, just that BD is not that musky and strong.

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Was very skeptical about ordering this without testing it first. Brasil dream is a winner.

kayakoi
kayakoi

I just got this fragrance, ordered it blind, without testing. I thought I might like it,since I love neroli, jasmine, coconut, and amalfi lemon in perfumes, but I am not so fond of this one at all. It has this old-ladyish hint of smell in it,I can smell citruses and unfortunately also some heavy flowery scent that I don't like. It does have a tropical undertone in a way, but not the type I like. The dry-down is little better, kinda reminds me of Beyond Paradise, which I like much better. Overall, I wouldn't have bought it,if I tested it first. Brasil Dream will most likely end up as an addition to my mum's fragrance selection :)

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@sweetdika...this cant be worn by men.just tried it and i find it a bit too floral for my liking.some guys might like it but this IS NOT something "mainstream" men will love

applemint
applemint

I find it similar to Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT with more power and forwardness. Testing them together, NR disappears leaving an aquatic note behind, Brasil Dream jums out with sweet coconut cream scent and a single green flower note. I think I have to change my "today's" fragrance this summer to this one, I can't seem to stop using it :)

deia
deia

fantastic perfume, middle and base notes are identical with Quizas quizas from Loewe...misterious in the beginning and floral green at the base, very interesting

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

Its such a lovely scent. I used to wear it in winter in Egypt. It was always cold and raining. This gave me a summer feeling. Smells perfect.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Extremely harsh and bitter opening, I was taken aback as this was not at all what i expected. As time went by, the scent got better with gardenia taking the stage. Once the top notes are gone, the perfume is 100% white floral with a zesty hint.

Premier Jour (by Nina Ricci) is very similar to this but WAYYYY better.

Blimunda
Blimunda

Brasil Dream is an exotic paradise, light fragrance full of joy and optimism.

The most dominant notes are orange blossom and sweet juicy orange fruit. I am so stunned by the natural feeling I get from it that by its simpleness and purity I would almost classify it as niche fragrance, if not knowing what I was testing :D It is airy and fresh, sunny and yummy fruity and for those interested in coco smell, I do not find it in this fragrance, or, at least, not as a prominent note, maybe you could find it somewhere in the distance, only a slight hint of it...

Unfortunately, I do not know how Brasil vibe smells, but if you want to be transported to some imaginary destinations, your safest and fastest way for that would be applying a few drops of Brasil Dream, close your eyes and inhale... The world is yours!

Siv55
Siv55

Walked past this in duty free on the way back from Brazil the actual place. Thought it might be amusing to buy simply on account of its name, but sprayed it on and found the top notes a bit jarring, plastic fruit, and thought don't waste your money, it's not worth the weak joke.
Then I sat on the aeroplane for hours, wondering what the nice smell was. Realised it was me. Kept sniffing wrist sadly and wishing I had bought it while I had the chance. It becomes a perfect mix of orange and jasmine, creamy with a tiny pinch of spice.
Regret lifted on my birthday when my mum gave me a bottle and I experienced that rare wonderful thing; a second chance :)
Not sure if it smells like Brazil the country though, that to me just smelt green, herby and hot (and sometimes rain and muddy earth) and relentlessly of Dior Pure Poison thanks to the Aussie backpacker I trekked with :/

karmas
karmas

I bought this blind thinking that I would have a very beachy, coconutty, warm sort of fragrance. What I got was not bad, it smells wonderful, but it wasn't what I was expecting and I kind of wish i never got it now. It smells really good though, I really get a lot of citrus, jasmine, and pineapple. I didn't get as much coconut as I wanted to. It doesn't really change too much on the dry down either its very fresh though, I cant say that I DONT like it because I do, I just wasn't expecting it so i feel like i am still wanting something more.

romrom
romrom

Beautiful!!!!! I got this for myself after buying it for good friend for her birthday. This is a wonderful fresh summer scent without smelling like suntan lotion.
I love how you first smell the sweet gardinia and guava then the the yummy smell of pinapple and at the end you are left with a creamy coconut that lasts for hours .

rayabg
rayabg

This perfume is very strange to the nose and I haven't made up my mind yet if I like it or not. It does smell very old-lady-ish once it dies down. I don't know if I will keep it, but at least I got for 8 bucks and I'm glad I didn't waste any more money on it.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

On the fence about this one....sometimes I like it. I wanna like it because the notes are so yummy. It starts out with a burst of tropical fruit then it dries down to something kinda spicy...hints of tropical fruits linger quietly in the midst. Then outta no where comes the smell of old lady perfume on my skin. Im gonna give this one more try before I have to end things between us....

Edit: Okay so I think I like it, but time for the true test...will wear this one in public and see what type of reaction I get from the public...if everyone steers clear of me, then I know what time it is!!!!

jaa456
jaa456

Brasil Dreams opens to big florals. The composition reminds me of Burberry London minus the roses. The fruit notes here add freshness not sweetness. The sandalwood and coconut are clean almost soapy.

Positively appropriate for Spring and Summer days.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Warm, sunny, tropical, clean! The lasting power of this is insane. Instantly warms you up and brightens your day. It is a very sunny uplifting scent that is for sure! Perfect for summer or even winter when you need a boost! I love it!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

This conservative bottle is SO WRONG for this fragrance. Excuse the caps but I really have to stand up for this perfume because it is indeed quite fascinating. The name also suggests something entirely different, creating an expectation that leaves the tester utterly perplexed (did I say the power of suggestion rules here?).

The answer lies in Brazil's antipode (or almost--I just wanted to use that word).

Right on opening, I'm taken to an English garden, flourishing with rich, dewy gardenias.

But there is a strange, arrhythmia to this fragrance, yet somehow compelling.

Finally, I figure out what that deliciously enigmatic scent in the air is--it's Tom Kha Gai wafting from a traditional Thai restaurant in the middle of a cold English garden--a spicy, tangy dish of lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and rich coconut milk chicken curry, perched on top of a freshly steamed mound of jasmine rice. It seriously smells just like my mom's kitchen in collision with a gardenian assault!

awesomeness is right--this is a heartwarming fragrance for cold weather, however it could make you a little queasy in the heat.

This really doesn't take me to a Brazilian beach at all. I don't feel anything fruity or tropical about it.

Dry down is amazing, smells like oily spiced coconut milk and makes me want to lick the bowl.

I'm still shaking my head at how bizarre this scent is...

One for the independent and slightly eccentric--I admire anyone who can wear this. I really like it because it's so fascinating but I'm not sure that I'd wear it, and only because big white florals don't sit well with me.

Put this one in a Mugler bottle and you'll have an instant bestseller.

Seriously though, try it. Your stomach will grumble for Thai food!

mapeteb
mapeteb

It's quite warm yet fresh. It's not easy to find that kind of fragrance.

I like it because it's so different than the other summer exotic fragrances. Not the perfect one but strangely nice scent.

cifirica
cifirica

Very cheap smell... glad I bought it just for $8 - it would be sad to loose more money on that.
Love Emerald, totally dislike Brasil. Gonna hunt Bali for cheap to try it.

marinadina
marinadina

This has quite a hard opening when i first sprayed on my wrist,, guess might be the guava,, at least how i remember the sour smell of the fruit from the times i used to live in Malaysia,, then still this sour -but pleasant- note is still dominating, little by little creep the green lemon and neroli notes,, followed by the jasmin a gardenia, the jasmin rulling the game now,,,
the first sour entrance of guava gives way now, after about ten min to the white florals, bond together in a lovely but not sweet way,
and patchouli along with the amber make their presence noticed little by little again.
I love coconut, but here i could not detect it,still an adorable smell, gardenia and jasmin petals in lime, orange peels and guava juice,,, mmmmmmmmmm,, almost edible gardenia!
Definetely a winner by my opinion!!!!

weegee
weegee

Oh, this is summer's biggest fragrance bargain! I'm loving my on-line auction discounted bottles of Estee Lauder's Dream series, with Brasil Dream being my favorite. I don't find any of them particularly strong, perhaps because they have that "clean" effect in common

BD is all sunshine top of a clear aquatic layer that embraces a nice gardenia/jasmine melange. The first wave of fruit is sweet but not heavy and I think it's the pineapple I notice most - the rest of the fruits blend and quickly give way to the floral wave of gardenia and jasmine.

There's the barest hint of Coppertone, as if most of the suntan oil has been washed off in the ocean but enough remains to whisper of coconut. Long lasting although it becomes a patchouli skin scent on me after a couple of hours. (Skip Emerald Dream and Bali Dream as they cost more and are nearly identical to Brasil in all but the high sunny notes and that's where my primary enjoyment is.)

I plan on using up each 1.7 bottle of Emerald & Bali and both 1.7 bottles of Brasil over the next couple of months, spritzing away happily until autumn arrives. Great out of the shower. Very uplifting & energizing fragrance. Makes people smile at work & while I'm out shopping. A happy scent.

I sent a bottle to my floral-loving mom and she says it's like sunshine in a bottle. Bottle does feel nice in the hand -- like a little glass pillow.

nyoka
nyoka

ITS not what I was expecting.I dont get a lot of the fruits except coconut milk.THe jasmine is the kicker for me.Smooth,creamy,dreamy,sweet and projecting like crazy.A lovely summer scent.

Brasil Dream is strange actually. You do not expect this type of fragrance for a summer edition. It is EXTREMELY strong, and that is saying something coming from me. I got used to the strength and I now find it quite interesting. But not a safe choice to wear, if you do not want to offend. For confident strong women.

Ummm... I find this fragrance to be very straight forward because all I can smell is jasmine and gardenia, that's all. Sillage and projection are crazy! Strong white flowers everywhere! No fruits, no fuss.

Malegria
Malegria

I was a little puzzled at the opening of Brazil Dream. It vividly reminded me of Armani Sensi - the same cloud of white flowers...only Brazil Dream is a little bit louder and more sharp.Jasmine, jasmine, jasmine, and more jasmine. A touch of guava jelly. The pineapple got washed away by the Power of White Flowers, and there is no coconut for me. I expected it to be more fruity then floral, more tropical. It is not - it is a very nice floral with lemons.

The base notes are very nice, sandalwood and a pinch of patchouli.

gigiletta
gigiletta

pure tiare pure jasmine,longlasting and unique,holiday in the bottle.

This actually is a woodsy fragrance. The top & middle notes are short lived and you are left with the base notes most notabley the patchuli scent.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Very pretty floral - all blooming jasmine with a hint of orange blossom. I get no fruits but this is a nicely done fragrance, liked it far more than I expected.

turkishrose

thıs scent ıs very dıfferent the others... ıts very cool and sexy

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I am usually not a fan of short lived summer-launches/escada-tropical-punch/blah blah kind of bubblegums...

But this is good!

I would gladly wear it on a hot day,it felt comfortable,sexy,not cloying at all.

A synthetic tropicalia mix of course,but I repeat.Wear your bikini and spray it on people!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

If this has any fruits, they are very short lived, maybe a few seconds... past the first minute, the scent changes into a wonderful and intoxicating flower scent; it doesn't have the coldness white flowers perfume give, on the contrary, it's warm and mellow, very spring like. I detect the most realistic orange tree flowers and freesia I've ever smelled in a scent. It's really serene and sunny. Both silage and longevity are good, above average.
This is a day perfume, as it lack capacity for night drama; regardless of when you wear it, it's surely lovely. I don't see anything particularly tropical in it; it's floral that manages to be elegant, and not to be boring, or soapy. Very well done!

turkishrose

ı tried it today.. ı fall in love with thıs parfum....ı smelled my arm all day.. perfect

Dirty.secretss
Dirty.secretss

a joyful frag i would say and yes i think its a lil more fruity than floral.

It's funny because Bali dream claims to be floral but it's more fruity than anything. This one claims to be floral/fruity and it's more floral....anyway they're both good. I like Bali dream a bit better but this one is good too. You don't get much of the coconut, it's there but very faintly. Brasil is much stronger than Bali in my opinion. If it would up to me? I would switch both their names around.