Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Bronze Goddess  2011 Estée Lauder for women
dislike

coconut
tropical

Bronze Goddess is a limited edition for summer 2011. The fragrance holds the original formula of Azuree Soleil from 2007 and the last year's Bronze Goddess. It includes summer enjoyment, coastline, sandy beaches, sun and tanned skin essences.

Top notes: mandarin and bergamot. Heart: magnolia, orange blossom, tiare flower, jasmine, myrrh. Base: coconut, caramel, sandalwood, amber, vetiver.

Available as 100 ml Eau Fraiche. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Bronze Goddess 2011 Fragrance Reviews

YouSmells
YouSmells

Over 40 male reviewer:

Very open to unisex, perhaps even feminine floral, so I was open to sniffing it out since I heard it has the coconut sun tan lotion/beach scent authentic I've been searching for.

Was a definite no-go. Too potent, too much flower bed.

And as another poster suggested, I swear I too get heavy gardenia in it, which is overpowering. Apparently it is not a listed note tho...

Anyway, not something a guy (at least not me) could pull off. Way too feminine.

I rarely like women's frags in general, (about 3% of designer women's frags at best, but more open to niche/indy women's frags), so I won't rate it.

I would like to assure any men interested, it's likely waaaayyyyy too girlie for you; this is an intense floral.

redskyatnight
redskyatnight

I tried this on because it was said it has a lot of coconut to it, but I get none. On my skin it smells like powder and musk, neither of which I like, plus a hint of vanilla. I was trying to wash it off after 5 minutes. It doesn't remind me of anything beachy, rather of someone a generation or two older than me with too much perfume on, the way it fills the air around me. Meh.

nordhaul
nordhaul

OmG. It's the middle of winter. Am dying to
get in this!!! S U M M E R!! Will update 1ce
I've actually tried it. This right now is merely
my reaction to owning a L bottle :D. ...Peace...

Eesa
Eesa

Second time trying this, and absolutely love it. I love coconut but dislike gardenia, which seems to be included in many tropical scents. Since this one doesn't contain gardenia, it's a really perfect choice for me. I told my sister I want this, so hopefully may be getting it for Christmas. It's such a lovely combination of coconut and white flowers. I could easily wear this to work if I want to.

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

This is not only a wonderful scent, this is memories in a bottle. Sweet coconut milk, no harshness, with creamy buttery white florals. No matter where you're from, you will smell all your best memories of summer in this perfume - the sun, the sun lotion, the coconutoil, someone smoking outdoors in a restaurant in the heat. The lime adds the touch of freshness that everyone needs in the summer, like a jump in the water. I'm from cold Sweden and I'm pale as a ghost so I never thought "bronze goddess" was a suitable name for me, how wrong I was!

There are many in the same family of perfumes, what makes this so special is that it's not overpowering, it's a skinscent, there is no sharp opening. Only warmth, summer memories and a sun ray in a bottle in the winter, because I think it fits every season. The perfect balance between the smoothest coconut I've experienced, and creamy white florals.

This will stay with me forever!

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

Smells of buttered popcorn. If you layer this with Angel, I bet it is just like a night at the movies. Not unpleasant, but too gourmand for me.

camden-girl
camden-girl

I was lucky enough to see an almost full bottle on ebay , not cheap but not a crazy price either so after the reviews i thought id treat myself lol, that was 2 months back and its half way down already...i must be in love with it as its going so fast.
Its totaly a summer sent , i agree the floral notes are soft and buttery as a different person below said and the coconut is a beautiful ,warm not too sweet i think the vanilla makes it sweet in a nicer way.
As its not that long lasting i layer it with a teeny tiny bit of coconut body shop perfume sometimes, it just helps make it last a little longer, that said i never add much as it would overpower the main BG sent and thats last thing i want to do. when this runs out i will have to try to replace it with the next best alternative as its just so sunny and adorable.As for the bottle easily 11 out of 10 pure sandy beaches come to mind , just stunning :)

Katie71458
Katie71458

I had a little spritzer of this today from my Estee Lauder girl. I like it, and she talked me into buying it By the time i got home it had worn off..:( nevertheless, it reminds me of summertime and that can only be good. As its very light, Maybe i will just wear it when I feel a headache coming on.

lee.lawrence.5036
lee.lawrence.5036

I sprayed this on my wrist from the tester and then went shopping, because I wanted to see how the fragrance progressed over time before purchasing. There was something about this scent that bothered me, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was almost what I want in a summer fragrance but it was too BUSY. It has too many things going on, and although I don't see it listed as a fragrance note I swear that I smell GARDENIA, which I personally think ruins any fragrance because it overpowers everything else.

smedmark
smedmark

I smelled this for the first time yesterday, or should I say what I believed was the first time. I instantly recognized the scent. It transported me right back to Cancun or a caribbean cruise where I must have smelled it repeatedly on any number of vacation goers at the time. While on vacation I had no idea what I was smelling, just that this was what paradise smelled like. This was the beach and a strawberry daiquiri and pina colada side by side. This was the sun and the water and the sand. For me this is the ultimate vacation scent. I bathed in it all day today and yesterday hoping to feel a little more of the caribbean sun on my skin under the flat fluorescent lights at work. It's only $65 for the 3.4 oz bottle. The only downside is that it doesn't seem very potent.

Sierrasaurusrex
Sierrasaurusrex

This is beach in a bottle. So warm and sunny, like a tropical getaway. It is definitely a summer scent, but a good one to wear year round, it always makes me think of summer. I definitely smell the coconut, it reminds me of suntan lotion. Such a good perfume.

chester
chester

Absolutely the beach in a bottle, or at least what you WISH the beach smelled like. Coconut and vanilla, warm and sunny. I rarely wear this because the scent is so specific but it's great for vacation.

biscuit_
biscuit_

Beautiful, creamy, warm. I could wear it also in autumn. It is a perfume that makes you happy, and personally, I cant stop sniffing.

arenee92
arenee92

My mom actually picked this up for me at a garage sale, and while it's not something I tend to wear, I do enjoy the smell of it.

It's fresh, its warm, summery, but not in an overly sweet way. It's tropical, but not immature or too "young". Musk isn't listed, but I think that the base notes are really what make this scent what it is. It's able to be a summer scent without being cloying, or smelling like you dumped fruit punch all over you.

The coconut, amber, and caramel combine nicely to give a warm base to the tiare and jasmine flowers. My skin tends to skip opening notes completely, and settle immediately into the dry downs, so I don't smell too much of the bergamot, or orange, although I do get a splash of citrus immediately after spraying, though it seems to dissipate quickly.

It makes me think of a hot summer night, sipping a nice cool drink on a patio of an ocean-side restaurant.

The packaging is precious. I really love the way the glitter gradient makes the bottle feel like its covered in sand, haha.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is a great sun bathing type perfume. It reminds me of when I was in Junior High and High School spending hours in the sun to perfect the perfect golden tan.

I love the smell of this, it is very pleasant... but alluring also.

I would like to find something similar to this with a stronger base of coconut and musk - with a light hint of sandalwood.

I think that mixture would be heavenly! If you know of something like that - then please message me!

ellina1984
ellina1984

I had very high hopes for this one, and was particularly looking forward to the coconut note. It started off quite oily, as other reviewers have suggessted. There was a very prominent bitter note, which I gather is the myrrh. If I breathe on my wrist, I get the coconut - suntan lotion note, which I like, but unfortunately I would have liked a "sunnier" version, with less bitterness (as in "sensuous nude", in which the coconut if gorgeously done). If I were to use it, I think it would be more appropriate for evening use, because of the oiliness, which makes it a tad heavy for the daytime.

novembertea
novembertea

I absolutely adore Bronze Goddess. Reminds me of a rich woman on a beach vacation. Smells like sunscreen, coconut, hint of creamy floral. Just beautiful

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Bordering on too sweet, but still soooo good. This is not a one dimensional coconut sunscreen scent. It's deep and magnetic and quietly sophisticated, while maintaining a playful light, bright as a hot summer day. The kind of heat that comes on thick and humid and makes you daydream about driving right past your office and heading to the beach.

(Strange maybe...but, once this has dried down to Barely There, a spritz of L'Artisan Jour de Fete on top creates the most AMAZING and spicy powder scent that sticks around for hours. Can't explain it, but it's awesome.)

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

BG sits beautifully on my skin. Intimate, warm, a bit milky, lovely. Coconut, caramel, jasmine, orange, vetiver: these things are to die for.

Sillage is pretty good. Staying power is not the greatest; it's a skin scent within several hours. The dry-down is pheremone-y: amber, floral loveliness. Not sure if a dry-down has ever smelled this good on me.

The question, however, is whether I'd shell out for such a coconut-dominant scent. I love coconut but it has ubiquitous associations with suntan lotion. Why this and not, say, the Body Shop's coconut scent? Hmm indeed.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

Love this, it smells just like the sunscreen but better and smoother!

unmonotiti
unmonotiti

This is one of those perfumes that make you feel you are enjoying a day at the beach. A very carefree scent, the coconut notes combined with jasmine are adorable. Very long lasting too!

salmonelle
salmonelle

J'ai testé mais je sens une note verte qui me rebute totalement!

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

The sun on your bronzed skin, the tiare flowers in your hair and the carefree, summer mood in your heart; plus, a fragrance to embrace all these in its scent and will revive your beautiful summer memories every time you wear it. This is what the “Bronze Goddess” seems to aspire to be and, to an extent, might actually succeed (for some).

Before I proceed with a review of the ‘Bronze Goddess” by Estee Lauder I have to admit that I am not a fan of the Estee Lauder fragrances but, I am by no means biased. To me, most of the Estee Lauder fragrances have a beautiful, elegant, fresh and discrete feel which is all very nice and they are ideal if you are stuck in the elevator with a few of your colleagues on the way to the office. Yet, that’s all they are; nice, fresh scents. There is no “va va voom” factor; that element that makes the fragrance (and you) unforgettable.

And, boy, do I like “va va voom”!

Having said that, the “Bronze Goddess” is one more fragrance that falls into this pleasant yet somewhat indifferent category of perfumes.

My initial reaction to the fragrance is “hmm… too much alcohol”, it evaporates quickly though. The fragrance opens up with strong mandarin, orange and bergamot notes that are easily detectable and quickly weaken to give room to an oily ylang ylang note to develop.

Ylang Ylang is not of my favorite notes; quite the contrary. It feels oily, dump and artificial (somewhat like a lighter version of Castrol car battery oil).

According to the fragrance’s pyramid, there is no ylang ylang note so, I suspect that it is the combination or amber and myhrr that gave me this impression. This oily ylang ylang resembling note stayed on my wrist for a good one hour (while I was wondering “where is the creamy, coconut smell?”

After this hour, the note weakens and the fragrance develops its full potential transforming into a pleasant, clean, caramel, flower scent. I cannot feel the coconut at all and neither can I feel the jasmine and it does not feel creamy or oily. It is moderately sweet, moderately fresh, moderately warm; and it is very discrete.

It is actually so discrete that it is undetectable, I cannot even feel it there unless I persistently smell my wrist.

During the next hour, it is completely gone so, I have to replenish by spraying again.

All in all, what the “Bronze Goddess” gives is a pleasant scent but only at the last hour of its overall 3 hour duration. It is not a scent that I would classify as distasteful or unpleasant. Nevertheless, I would not recommend it because the longevity is poor and you can enjoy the actual development of the scent only for about an hour before it completely fades away.

The bottle is cute, colorful, sparkly and feminine but, that is not a good enough reason to buy a fragrance.

In my view, this purchase won’t disappoint but, it may not be the fragrance that I would consider as a priority to purchase it again. (In fact, personally, I won’t).

Enjoy the perfume quest!

saintleegray
saintleegray

I have this in the oil spray, and while I love it, I am not smelling any of the coconut notes in it at all. On me it is very dry, not sweet, but definitely very beachy.

ana_gr
ana_gr

Simply... LOVE it. The perfect summer fragrance for someone who is looking for a coconut/beach perfume :)

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

This is the closest to my beloved original (by tom ford) Azuree Soleil.

The original reminds me of being younger and wasting the entire summer on the beach.. back when my bod was bikini ready and I had no serious concerns. I would spray liberally all over me after a leisurely day at the beach/pool and feel so sexy for doing so...lol

But these days being older and slower (lol) I would more prefer to wear the modern verson .. it's a bit more understated a beautiful tropical light jasmine perfume . Sure there's a little less personality and not all the oomph...... but it's still there beautiful and ready to be worn... just yeah.. a little wiser and a litte gentler

MLK
MLK

I always get favourable comments and compliments when I wear this fragrance. It is the perfect summer scent. Smells like coconut - which I absolutely love.

Very enjoyable.

kabelaced
kabelaced

Breezy and sweet with coconut, but not necessarily creamy. Wearing this made me instantly think of summer, but there was a tinge of something in this that made the overall feel of the scent to be "blue," like calming, or even saddening. I was very much reminded of Light Blue when wearing this.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

As i own the BG fraiche skinscent 2013, i was looking forward to test this. There is bergamont and mandarin there as you spray it on at first. The coconut makes it way on top of the other notes and when it finally reveals itself fullt, you get this oh so creamy, smooth coconut. There is a hovering woodiness around it but the coconut is the star in this. Between BG 2011 and 2013, 2013 has more bite to the nose, but if you want a soft, smooth, comforting summer skinscent, this is the one to look for. Rate: 4/5

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

I tested Bronze Goddess 2011 about a year ago while on vacation. I should hav bought it then, but I didn't want to haul it throught 3 airports and onto 2 planes. I loved the coconut and soft florals. Sexy as hell and mouthwatering, but gentle at the same time.

Dragonflys
Dragonflys

Just bought this one online can not wait for the warmer weather to wear. Smells yummy !

babywabbit
babywabbit

This is my all time fav summer scent! It's tropical, coconuty with a mellow of sweetness. It's not a foody scent, could be a grown up version of vanille coco by comptoir sud pacifique.

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

This is just summer in a bottle. its fresh and summery but still girly and sweet. i love it as it dries down. it is also very unique to me.

pompous
pompous

To any of you who do not wish to spend a lot of money, but crave this perfume: Try out H&M's "Golden Treasures." It's very similar and extremely cheap.

Safira
Safira

I absolutely love coconut, and read these reviews with growing excitement. I really had to get my hands on this, and went to a store feeling convinced that this baby was going home with me. Just to be on the safe side I tried it on first - and was so disappointed! This smells nothing like coconut. For me it smelt like stale cookies, where all the sweetness have evaporated. I feel a little bit like I'm in the Twilight Zone reading these reviews, because I really wanted to like this - but I just don't get the coconut description. :(

Wundt
Wundt

I tested it at the airport and felt it amaizing. Now I want to buy it (in europe) but don't know where. At the website is sold out. Thank you for your help.

caseyu
caseyu

i get SANDALWOOD in this. this is my earthiest, nummiest summer go-to, i love it! yeah, there's a coconut that goes whizzing by, and maybe some sunrays, but i get the freshness of sea and sandalwood, but in a very mature way, this one keeps you grounded and feeling light. totally my signature scent. a REAL perfume.

Ingriface
Ingriface

It's such a sexy and summery scent. It doesn't really last that long on my skin, but a tip would be to spray it in your hair. And it is called a "body spray" so it's not supposed to last as long as a eau de parfum.

AveParfum

I LOVE the scent, but I returned it. It was too weak, like one of the weakest scents I've owned. It was so pretty though...it was a tough decision.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I fell hard for BG because it's like nothing else I've ever smelled. At first, the blast of coconut is a bit shocking, but just when you think things are going to veer into pina colada territory, the fragrance settles and the tiare and citrus notes manage to breathe unique life into the scent. I tested this because based on the reviews, I thought it would be the perfect summer skinscent - i.e. something that would just mix with my chemistry to make me smell good without smelling perfume-y during the warmer months. I ending up buying BG (two bottles in fact), because I found it managed to smell beachy and satisfy my suntan-lotion craving, but also because it was surprisingly not a skinscent to my nose at all. The tiare, sandalwood, bergamot and mandarin make this the most luxurious, yet subtle, warm weather perfume I've ever smelled. I do wish it lasted longer, and perhaps this is why it's labeled a 'skinscent' as opposed to an eau de toilette, but while it hums along, it makes everything brighter and happier. Wear it on a warm day to make the most of it's projection potential. The coconut in BG is very light and not syrupy and vanilla-laden like the Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil, which smells as much of banana and vanilla as it does coconut.

My sister's first reaction to this was, "It smells like Aunt Trisha!" who is an aunt of ours who has always worn Estee Lauder make-up. This made me realize that there is a definite, powdery, cosmetics-scent vibe that holds everything together in BG and gives it that luxurious feel.

hockeygirl256
hockeygirl256

This smells like summer. I layer it with Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbana body lotion and spray this over the top and it seems to last a decent amount of time.

katemcq
katemcq

This would be a good perfume for people who are new to the world of perfume, or who like natural scents; the creamy, toasted coconut scent seems familiar, warm, soothing, and friendly. For me, it might be a good casual day perfume - not for work or evening. Not sure I like it enough to buy - it is a bit uninteresting.

sunnyshine
sunnyshine

I like this perfume because it smells like beach and the sea and recklessness and cappuccino fredo together with a novel while sunbathing at a golden beach in a greek island with the indigo water splashing on our feet and the salt on your arms.. BUT at the same time its not the usual heavy coconut cream smell that is too heavy to cope. This perfume is VIVA LA SUMMER and sometimes I think I'm too deep in my problems with the crisis and so on to wear it. iT REQUIRES FREEDOM OF MIND AND OF BURDENS. Never mind..it's a hit.

kgloverii
kgloverii

It's getting warmer outside, and that warmth gets me craving the scent of suntan lotion and coconuts. Bronze Goddess hits the perfect spot. The initial spray reveals sweet coconut and suntan lotion. The drydown allows the coconut sweetness to settle down just a bit and reveals subtle floral notes. It's a suntan lotion-y, summery beachy scent that is perfect for the summer.
The only misgiving I have about this scent is the short-lived lasting power. Being "eau fraiche" or a "skin scent" after an hour, the scent is fading fast, and within 2 hours, you really have to sniff to get any hint of the scent at all. This requires multiple sprays per day as a refresher. I wish EL had made a body lotion to allow layering.

Monymandour
Monymandour

I've just bought it and when I wore it, it gave me a sense of well being and happiness.

missymary
missymary

Totally agree that this is a sister of Harajuku Lovers G. It smells like yummy sweet coconut ice-cream mixed with Nivea, and it behaves a lot more like a body butter than a perfume. Lovely on warm skin. It's a very very nice summer gourmand, if that's what you're after.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

I bought it today!!!Very happy!!Very summery!!!

dkny27
dkny27

Always open to try a fragrance that boasts coconut. This one on me bears traces of coconut within the layers but I get a compiled group of tropical notes, with the tiare flower most prominent. The tiare is strong enough to carry itself on top and the tropical is a sensuous tropical, not a super pina colada sweet.
Very summery, very warm and relaxing. Makes you feel like you have a sun kissed tan.

bellalicious308
bellalicious308

i smelt this in store. smells like harajuku lovers g. execpt g has a cuter bottle and is half the price.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I found this to be - not so beachy. It smells a bit like scented Puffs tissues - to put it pleasantly. Falling rather flat on my skin compared to some other reviews. I can say that I did not encounter coconut, tiare, caramel, or any citruses after applying it. Just very papery powder scented bath tissue. Test this before you buy it - and perhaps consider Sensuous Nude as a coconutty alternative.

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

I have been searching for a summer sent that wasn't aquatic, or a juvenile fruity fragrance. thankfully I found a winner :)

first you get the bergamot and mandarin then you get white flora's (and I normally hate white flora's, however I think it works for me because it is not aquatic) you get a sultry myrrh and a little edge from vetiver. there is a vague creaminess from the coconut, its not your typical coconut scent its very natural... like real coconut water and the coconut flesh. the sandalwood and the caramel slightly sweetens the coconut.

overall an awesome scent for summer so happy to have it in my collection.

I am planing to get the Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar to layer with this I think it would be amazing together adding depth... so so yummy :)

Raina
Raina

This review is for the 2012 Bronze Goddess.

This smells exactly as people have been describing it to be, really expensive suntan lotion. Its the smell of sun warmed skin, suntan lotion, and even a little bit of the clorine from the pool. Unfortunately, whatever coconut that might have been in the original editions has been stripped away. I do not get any coconut at all, just the suntan lotion, a touch of something floral and expensive, all warmed by the overwhelming smell of ginger. Lovely, but rather dissapointing for someone who was expecting more coconut.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

grabbed another bottle..since mine ran out...best summer scent ever! just love!

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is a true summery beachy type of a scent. Better than Azuree Soleil scent and silage wise. There's more coconut, citrus and musk present that are accentuated with smell of a sea water, sand, sun and tropics. This is really good. It's light and stays close to the skin, just like tanning lotions which smell I love:)!

aromaticprincess
aromaticprincess

After smelling "Pure White Linen", I never imagined I would like an Estée Lauder fragrance. But this one hits the spot! This is one of the most unique, sexy and out of this world scents ever to hit my palate.

I smell the coconut, amber and bergamot which then transforms into coconut, caramel, woodsy smells which lasts for hours! :) So so so pleased with this one.

melbritt24
melbritt24

Note:
Bought this one today after much anticipation to try it and I am not disappointed! (2012 version I presume?) I also tested the newest version in this line, "Bronze Goddess Capri"(see my review for details on this one). This is a wonderful summer fragrance! In fact, I believe I have found my summer fragrance tradition (so long as Estee Lauder keeps them coming!)

Review:
Bronze Goddess is unfussy and low maintenance, breezy and sensual. Reminiscent of lazy, sunny days on the beach. I get a warm coconut and after 10 minutes, the best Tiare flower I have ever smelled! Because this is a "skinscent" it doesn't last more than a few hours at best, but it was a great value for a 100ml so I don't mind reapplying often. I also purchased a purse-size refillable atomizer today just to have for carrying my Bronze Goddess around with me this summer!

Verdict:
I am going to cherish this scent for summer...we'll be inseparable!

Rating:
5/5 STARS

Aspendina
Aspendina

ok at first I was like "wow very beachy" sunscreen and all, loved it, then it very quickly (within like a minute) changed and smelt like Prada Candy, later did smelled like an old lady then dissappear, this all happened within maybe an hour, not long lasting at all and I have to thank god for that cause I would not want this stuff on me very long it was awful. Now if it had stayed like how it first came out of the bottle then I would love it, but oh well on the next.

AveParfum

How did they do it? It's sunscreen in a bottle--without smelling cheap and fake. It's actually probably the driest coconut perfume I've ever smelled. I was sick of ultra-sweet coconut like Miami Glo, Reb'l Fleur...so I figured Bronze Goddess would be the same. I was so wrong. It's completely mature and is very much a skinscent, not "perfumy" per se. It reminds me of sexy bodies in skimpy bathing suits tanning under the hot Mediterranean sun, skin glistening with coconut oil. It's very sexy and a heck of a lot of fun!!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Given that Bronze Goddess seems to be reincarnated in a different form every year, I’m not sure which one my sample is, but I’m guessing it’s the 2010 or 2011 non-flanker vintage. Even then there seem to be multiple versions so it is what it is.

In any case, it starts out as a very flat jasmine along with a little coconut, but then sharpens up a bit with some mild citrusy notes. Then it quickly lapses back into flatness again. For some reason I was expecting more, probably because I’d read a lot of raves about it.

Frankly, I don’t get it. It’s not even a particularly good rendition of jasmine and coconut, so I must conclude that the raves were for a different version than the one I have. It stays pretty much linear for a few hours, after which some musk develops along with the jasmine-coconut mix. To me, this was a big disappointment.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Lovely perfume, it actually smells like sunscreen or like a tropical body lotion(like the coconut body butter by The Body Shop). Cheerful, carefree and sexy...It's outstanding !
Although I love wearing perfume,during the hot days of summer I prefer not to, as the hot weather makes it prohibitive. As a result, I find it better to wear either body butter or a very light, clean scent.
This one, however, is a bright exception to the general rule. I enjoy every single moment wearing this since it is amazing, summery and reFREshing !

celygould
celygould

I was searching for another fragrance when the saleslady at the counter told me of this fragrance.(they did not carry the Guerlain fragrance I was searching for) I do not particularly care for it - at all. It's scent left almost an hour later --- and I guess I should not have tried this one. Entirely too sweet for my chemistry. Overpoweringly 'sweet' fragrance and I cannot name the flower it brings to mind. Heady ~ and pungent for me.

sarah bebe
sarah bebe

Absolutely gorgeous fragrance!!!If Hawaiian Tropic made a fragarance then this would be it but of course Bronze Goddess has more to it than just the smell of suntan lotion, it's the Bergamot that really makes this smell sexy and lingering!! I just wish Estee Lauder would make it all year round and not a limited addition which is really frustrating!!!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I can't help but feel vibrant and happy when wearing this--Bronze Goddess evokes the joy of a lively Margarita party by the pool, and summer afternoons at outdoor concerts with a group of good friends.

Opening with rich coconut flesh and a touch of clean citrus, then a subtle blooming of tropical white flowers. The strong presence of myrrh does indeed give this fragrance that oily, tanning lotion-like quality. Ambery, vibrant and sexy in the drydown--yes, synthetic but fun, just like vintage Malibu Barbie complete with sprayed on tan lines.

I'd recommend wearing this only outdoors as the oil-like qualities of the myrrh along with the coconut could get rather cloying in a confined space. That said, is it wearable? Heck, yes... sometimes you need a 'girls just want to have fun' fragrance. "Ken, refill my Margarita would you please?"

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

I really like this perfume. It has a very friendly and familliar scent to it.I wouldnt call this my signature scent but, when I finish my bottle, I will most likely purchase another. It's like summer fun in a bottle. A "perk me up" if I'm in the mood for one. It smells like a visit to the beach with notes of sun tan oil, coconut, a bit of citrus and salty air. It makes me feel soooo happy and doesn't make people want pass out or gag if I sprayed too much.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

What a nice perfume! I tested it today in a department store and it really got my attention!

I'm not sure about it smelling like sex and sunscreen!! It definitely smells a bit tropical but not coconut'y and not at all like Hawaiian Tropic to me. It does smell beachy in some ways though, slightly fruity, creamy, warm and sexy. The notes that are most detectable to my nose are the magnolia, tiare flower and caramel. It's been on my wrist now for about 8 hours and is still going strong so it lasts well and smells lovely. I want a bottle of this NOW ! !

CRAZYDOG888
CRAZYDOG888

i bought this on a whim and do not like. it does not suit my skin type at all. smells very cheap

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

It smells exactly like the sun tan oil Monoi Tiare Tahiti I bought at Papeteé.
Super tropical, full of fun!!
When I wear It I feel like beeing in this exotic paradise feeling the sultry breeze form the turquoise caribbean ocean!
Beachy vacations bottled :)

jovejove
jovejove

When I first started in cosmetics, my first position was demonstrating this fragrance a couple years ago. I fell in love with it, despite that I'm a guy, I love to wear it. Its very unique and can't get enough of it. You can really smell the mandarin, jasmine, myrrh and caramel in it. There's an essence in there that makes me think of the smell that makes me think of tanning oil, sand, warm summer heat, ocean mist and sun kissed skin. LOVE IT!
Great bottle too!

I have to agree with the negative reviewers. I got something citrusy but also something very intense, almost stinky, from it. Not so good.

SS79
SS79

I love this fresh scent! Does anyone know where
I can get the body lotion to match? Would be
Fantastic!

shenanigans
shenanigans

You know the Corona commercials? Two people on a deserted beach, nothing but suntan lotion, gentle waves, and a light breeze? That's what this smells like to me. Makes me smile every time.

thebumblebee92
thebumblebee92

It has a very strong smell of caramel or vanilla, I'm not sure. But the strong smell is very suffocating for me.

karolla28
karolla28

This version is terrible, I thought that I can smell ginger, but I think it was myrhh. Terrible!

kelly76
kelly76

It was so long that I wanted a fragrance that smells of summer and sun so even today I bought Bronze Goddess and I agree with Lizaan: The top notes are citrusy, but after a few minutes they become hot and round like the skin to sun. The trail is one of exotic flowers and sun milk but it is not intrusive, I find it elegant and discreet but original, I have nothing like that ... it will splash a lot during the hot summer!

lizaan
lizaan

Finally bought this today since it came out in stores today here in Sweden. Had been excited for it a long time, altough I love this summer fragrance it's a bit overpriced here in Sweden (like everything else) I think it's like twice as expensive compared to what it costs in the US. I'm not sure if it's actually worth it but I couldn't walk out the store without buying anything haha. And I mean it's a huge bottle so it'll probably last me a while.

So what about the scent, I think in the beginning it's a bit too citrusy but after a few minutes it gets a bit warmer and a lot nicer. I really adore this when it has lingered on my skin a while. The dry down is in my opinion worth waiting for, so gorgeous. When I smell this I wanna go on a vacation somewhere exotic where you eat fresh fruit on the beach and tan all day.
Will definitely use this during hot summer days!

And I love the bottle! It looks great, love the gold sparkles!

melisb
melisb

i hated it, nothing like azuree :(
bronze goddess is better

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a beautiful summery-beachy fragrance that doesn't turn overwhelmingly sweet or synthetic the way that many coconut scents do. Bronze Goddess is full of warm, natural-smelling coconut, but the coconut does not drown out the other facets of this fragrance. The floral notes are soft and buttery. While the tiare is the strongest floral in this, the neroli also combines nicely with the bergamot to give a light citrus touch to the fragrance. The amber, vetiver and myrrh add a touch of earthiness, hinting at the feel of suntan lotion on sun-warmed skin.

Bronze Goddess is wonderful and creamy, with a warm caramel drydown that never gets too sweet. True to it's name, this is definitely an "eau fraiche/skinscent," so the lasting power is somewhat limited. This is one of those scents I need to spray a lot of in order to fully enjoy. Bronze Goddess is truly like "a summer day at the beach" in a bottle.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

Love love love love, happy happy happy.... coconut, beach, holiday fragrance, can't stop spraying! wsh it lasted longer...x

Cherub573
Cherub573

I agree with Katya below that it smells like sex and sunscreen. It's been a while since I fell so hard and fast for a fragrance. It's floral tropical, not fruity tropical. It lasts, but is not overpowering. Warm and sweet, but not in a way that is too spicy or sugary. I need this. I have tried Bronze Goddess in the past (around 2008), but it didn't hook me like this one does, I'm not sure how, but this one is softer, I don't smell the vetiver as much.

KatyaTheFabulous
KatyaTheFabulous

it smells just like sunscreen and sex. I love how the bottle is textured gold glitter, like sand. One of my friends said it smells like "burning flesh", but she still loves it and borrows it.

mediterranean
mediterranean

This smells really summery,suntan lotion,coconut and some flowers.
It reminds me of hot sand in the afternoon,long walks along the beach and holidays.
Very nice for those summer evenings after sunbathing and for September when you are back to work with the post-vacational stress.

jazzgirl
jazzgirl

I loved the original Azuree Soleil. I didn't like the new formula on me when they changed it to Bronze Goddess. I can't wait to check this one out and see if it is as good as the original.