Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Intuition Estée Lauder for women

Intuition Estée Lauder for women
dislike

Intuition Estée Lauder for women Videos
Intuition Estée Lauder for women Pictures Intuition Estée Lauder for women Pictures Intuition Estée Lauder for women Pictures Intuition Estée Lauder for women Pictures Intuition Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Intuition is spicy oriental fragrance with warm golden amber in the centre. The top notes bring freshness of mandarin, bergamot, grapefruit and green garden notes. The heart unifies gardenia, freesia, and Chinese rhododendron. The base follows with amber.

The fragrance was created by Alberto Morillas in 2000, while the bottle was designed by Serge Mansau.

Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Bergamot Orange Green Notes

Gardenia Freesia Rhododendron Rose

Amber Woody Notes

Magnolia
Dolly Girl Lil` Starlet

Intuition Fragrance Reviews

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Summer time fragrance of fresh citruses as it opens. Totally a summery sunny opening. The orange, the grapefruit, fresh and enjoyable. The mood is casual, and relaxed. It's not quite a beach scent however. It's a casual scent to wear to work/lunch. Citruses give way to floral notes of gardenia, freesia, rose and rhododendron. These are sweet flowers and although synthetic, still good. I love rhododendron. This floral bouquet is a showcase of all the flower notes and not one overpowers the other. The dry down is woodsy and musky, mature. It does not smell like woodsy notes in men's colognes just a really good woodsy dry down. Sometimes it doesn't thrill but it's a clean and easy to wear perfume, inoffensive office scent, every day kind of perfume. This is a really good perfume.

Skayalily
Skayalily

Intuition is Ah-May-Zing in the heat, but requires heat to even rise above meh on my skin. My original note says "really good in the heat, only good in the heat." On a warm, summer day this is possibly the most beautiful application of amber I've ever experienced; rich and resinous, brightened by citrus and sweetened with white flowers. And when I'm wearing it on a warm summer day and even just step into an air-conditioned building, the beauty diminishes considerably. This amber is an ember and cooling her off puts her out. The citrus is sharper and the white florals seem very bland, all in a base of generic woods. But when that ember is kept warm, it's positively magic. I vacillated for awhile about whether I actually wanted a FB because the times for using it are so specific, but it really is that lovely on me. So I own a bottle I will probably never finish. It lasts all day with a sillage several inches off the skin.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Intuition

By Estee Lauder

Mandarin Bergamot Orange Grapefruit Green Notes

Gardenia Freesia Rhododendron Rose

Amber Woods

Woman's Intuition

Intuition was the fragrance of a one time rival of mine. When I say rival I mean the woman who stole my man. When I found out what perfume she wore it made sense. Intuition, as I was intuitive enough to realize that he had betrayed me. You'd think I'd want nothing to do with this fragrance right? Wrong. Don't blame the perfume, blame the guy, for being such a loser, and the girl for being loose. This is such a lovely scent. How could I not love it. Never mind the bad memory. I have a fondness for some of the notes: mandarin, green notes, gardenia, rose, rhododendron, amber and woods. Intuition is a beautiful combination of these scents and although not opulent it's enjoyable and very satisfying. Ultimately it smells like a woman's perfume, unmistakably feminine, with a mature angle, probably aimed at women 30 and up, however I find the citrusy top portion suitable to younger girls in their 20's who are into summer fruit and citrus notes. Citrus has a vast almost universal appeal. This perfume has something for everyone.

When it opens, the grapefruit and mandarin scent stand out. It's pure orange juice. It's citrusy and fresh, and the citrus stands in for what could have been aldehydes. This is refreshing and cool when it begins it's performance. Bottom line if you like a perfume to have a top note layer of pure citrus, this has a lot of it. It's golden and sparkling like orange juice and champagne mixed together. Delicious.

The flowery heart of the fragrance opens up and blooms with vanilla-scented gardenia, some exotic rhododendron, a rare note in perfume. For me the rhododendron should have been stronger but it's a faint little shrub flower smell and it's bigger on gardenia and rose. Because of this, this is a mature woman's floral scent. Gardenia and rose are well paired and lush. There's also a white floral freesia, but it seems to be taking the place of a jasmine. This could have been a bigger white floral but it's fine as it is with rose and gardenia. Their pairing gives this scent a decidedly womanly aroma. It's good for weddings, birthdays, galas, dinners, Church and for women who are their own boss. These flowers mean business. However they are not too in your nose nor too overwhelming.

The base is the simplest of any base note structure I've ever come across. This is an amber perfume and the amber is resinous, hot and balsamic. They threw in a touch of wood but it's nondescript it's not cedar nor rosewood and certainly not sandalwood. It's a bunch of different woods without too much aroma. This is a very quick dry down as well. The scent is easy to wear and yet very elegant. It's recommended for day or night and has a flexible nature; being both formal and casual. I wish there had been more base notes but I do love the amber.

I will never forget this scent and enjoy it on myself. I have moved on with my life since the first time I smelled the "other woman" through this fragrance. It is still a very well made perfume. Estee Lauder has dozens and dozens of frags but I pick the ones I love and this this is heavenly. Please check it out if you like citrus florals and amber.

dormir6
dormir6

I have never thougth this one was good.
My coworker uses this, and I am delighted. It is deep, woody, warm like Sensuous. At first it reminded me of Bvlgari Jasmine Noir, because of the velvety, dark, depth. It has some from Chanel Allure citrusy, luminous, feminine side.
Beautiful fragrance for everybody. Not dated at all. Bright, warm, not overpowering but give a strong feminine aura. The warmth of a woman's body. Makes you calm, happy, and safe, still feel its power.
I am very fond of it.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I remember Intuition from few years back and even owned a small bottle. I was on floral kick lately and really wanted to find a warm floral, with maybe some citrus. I was at Estee Lauder counter and realized that they rereleased Intuition because it was pulled from their shelves several years ago. They also changed bottles of all the older EL fragrances, like Aliage, Azuree, Private Collection, etc. Somehow Beyond Paradise also made it on newly rebottled list. Now all bottles of the above perfumes look the same-boring tall bottle. Intuition bottle was very nice before so clearly "if it aren't broke, don't fix it" didn't sink for EL.
Anyhow, I was happy to see it and bought a bottle. Opens with warm citrusy notes, and stays exactly how I wanted-sort of warm and sunny floral. It said it had gardenia in the notes but I can't smell it at all.
its a nice scent, I think suitable for any day, any time, any age.

Adrian_jacobs1984
Adrian_jacobs1984

So syrupy yes I smell also Amber in it alittle woodsy also but what a awful scent this is from one of my favorite brands Estée Lauder makes some beautiful smells for a fact and a few awful ones also. If there wasn't so much of syrupy smell I would enjoy this but that also happened with dazzling silver which is more wearable than this but still not crazy about it. This may smell amazing on a lot but not my smell! Sorry still this is my top brand Im always and forver a Estée Lauder girl by trade have been since 1985 since my beloved BEAUTFUL came out! Adriana Jacobs!

yee9
yee9

It's sunshine in a bottle for me. So warm and sweet. I have mini 4ml bottle of it and I apply it behind my ears and my wrist only. Just a little goes a long way. In fact hat perfume meant to be used in small amounts otherwise very overpowering.

adair58
adair58

Chilly grapefruit opening, and a muddled floral middle that grows into a pale amber ending. It is that simple and distinct on my older, drier, skin. It's not badly done, and it lasts 5-6 hours on me, but it is not something I'll reach for often.

Would work well in an office environment, for sure.

SolangeN
SolangeN

Tested the new bottle formula at the mall. Can't compare to the old, which I never sniffed.

It's a luminous woody citrus, with only the very tiniest hint of that cloying "Lauderade" most of the Lauders present on me. I'm not talking about the "ashtray" note that happens with vetiver, which I like. It's more of a dank...gonna have to say old lady...tinge the Lauders tend to reduce down to.

It dries down to a vanillic, ambroxan amber that lasted a solid 6 hours. If you don't mind smelling like ambroxan chemical for a couple of hours, it's not too bad. I personally would have preferred moss, vetiver or even patch.

breathe
breathe

Have you ever gone ice skating on a frozen lake and then built a fire on the snowy shore to warm up? That's what happens when I where this. I'm suddenly encircled by a vast expanse of crystal clean coolness and the blue aura of moonlight sparkling on snow-covered hills, while at the very center an amber flame is glowing and dancing.

This is the scent I was looking for a very long time but didn't know I was looking for it. Intuition is my absolute favorite EL. In fact, at the moment it's my only EL. I like to wear it on a hot day because the wood notes are so "what the....?" in the middle of July.

I feel like an empress in this -- protected -- nothing or no one can touch my soul. But be warned, I'm fascinated by provocative dissonance and that's what Intuition is about. It's my summer signature.

brahmindiva
brahmindiva

This opens very strong, sharp and bitter. I don't get any of the floral notes that are supposedly there. It smells medicinal on me, almost like the mix has a base of rubbing alcohol. As others have stated, it never warms up, and the astringent smells lasts all the way through dry down.

caitrun
caitrun

For all those out there appalled by Estee Lauder's "new" bottle designs for their classic fragrances, please go to esteelauder.com and send a letter to customer service! Let's tell them how we feel about this moronic choice they have made!!!!!!

It's a very strong fragrance. I can sense sharp citrus mixed with amber. No sweetness there. It's more spicy and woody.
It has a little old-fashioned smelling thing going on, but it's not that old, actually.
Too sharp for me.
I guess I wouldn't enjoy it or wouldn't buy it.

s_aurian
s_aurian

My best friend since age 5 bought this for my birthday present. She choose this because its new launch that year. Its come with chain flowery vintage watch. Beauty and that time i'm so happy. Oh I miss that moment, I miss her. I love her so much! I'm only 19 that time, its my first pricey perfume. Smell feminine, radiant citruses with floral notes on the warm and sweet amber base. Not my cup of tea but I receive many compliment from both women and man. Lasts longer on me. Sadly gives me an instant headache! I wear small amount so my bottle last for years and dry. Now I think about repurchase, just want nostalgia coming back, just because i always miss my best friend. But headache... oh dilemma...

nexangelus
nexangelus

A strong citrus blast that gives way to floral, woody amber. Warm, clean, fresh scent. I am liking the lack of powdery notes, this is a clean, green, sharp fragrance. A powerful one, but a pretty feminine floral underbelly. I think I am a sucker for woody notes as this one is me.

My dad did lots of carpentry work, just like my grandad (his father) and I think my love of wood and wood oils comes from sawing, sanding and smelling those lovely woody aromas in and around the garden shed. This one is potent, so sparingly do mmmm.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Wow. This is not what I expected at all. I normally read Fragrantica reviews before I buy anything but I stumbled across a bargain bottle and Estee Lauder is normally interesting even if I don't like it so it wasn't much of a risk. Anyhow...
A few others commented on this being a truly odd duck: a cold oriental rather than the traditional warm/gold/spicy type.
It opens with a split second of a truly nasty chemical smell and immediately moves into a very bright grapefruit and orange opening which is quite cheerful. As it develops the gardenia and amber become noticeable but it never really warms up. I can't decide if this is a refreshing summer scent or a winter scent that will warm you with its citrus notes. Surprisingly light and close for an EL EDP and like most citrus note scents it fades sooner than I like but worthwhile and pleasurable.
Sillage--personal, 1-2 ft
Longevity--2-3 hours
Fabulosity--sunshine in November
Price to value ratio--reasonable

lindafoley58
lindafoley58

Just tried it today. It came off almost alcoholic & started to smell like dime store perfume but quickly dissipated into a mild Amber & almost powdery smell with just a hint of floral & lime. Not my top choice. It would not be my go to fragrance & wouldn't be on my top shelf. Out of a 1-10 I would rate it a decent 6.5

Citrus amber indeed. If you like cold orient, you can try it. I like warmer or spicier amber-based scents.

SamanthaRenee
SamanthaRenee

This is another one well done by EL. I received this for my birthday around 2002 and I think I "grew" into it. It was never unpleasant or cloying and I found the more I used it, the more I loved it. Even after all these years I don't want to be without it. It's a bouquet of sunshine in a bottle for me; cheerful and pleasing. An ideal floral that has a place on my top shelf.

Sheks
Sheks

Just perfect. Simply elegant

HALEY-SUE
HALEY-SUE

this is so pleasing and non-offensive, especially for one called an oriental. it is lightly done with nice floral scents that just make it smell pretty! I'm not a big fan of floral and neither is my man or I'd wear it a lot more. It actually could be called "pretty flowers" because that's what it smells like. thumbs up

On my skin this smells like latex gloves and cleaning solvent. Conjuring up images of hospitals.
I really don't smell any amber at all. Am I broken?

indorm
indorm

We were in the teachers' room in my English school in Taiwan, and I had a test strip with Intuition in my handbag. I took it out and asked my friend, Adele, what she thought of it. She took a sniff and was still trying to make up her mind when I handed it over to Neil, saying: Let's see what effect it has on a man. When Neil smelled it his eyes glazed over, he uttered a groan and said: What did they put in it that says Woman?? There must be something of a Woman in this... He just couldn't put the test strip down. It made me buy a bottle.

SadieBluesLady

Am I the only one who got burnt rubber at the very start? I am a HUGE fan of Estee Lauder perfumes and seldom go wrong. But this one? This one might be a first for me, at least it is starting out to be a scrubber (the rubber part is right). I hope that as it developes, things will get better.

Scout
Scout

I was genuinely surprised to see Amber in the notes. On my skin, it's all fresh and glowing sunshine. Not dark and heavy and syrupy like some Ambers. The projection and sillage are ridiculously good. On one day after wearing only the body lotion, I left my office to use the restroom, came back into my office 10 minutes later, and I could smell the scent where I was sitting. (this is a well-ventilated space, mind you.) I LOVED what I smelled. Confident, not cloying, yet beautiful and sweet. I wanted to be the woman in that chair. (Thankfully it was me). This should be my signature scent, yet I almost feel it's too precious and strong to be worn daily. I fear that with such a strong projection I could easily offend, even though it has garnered compliments. Hard to say if anyone could find an orange and a rose sitting in a wood shop offensive!

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

sample review:
This has a fresh and a tad sweet citric opening which is quickly accompanied by a slightly spicy ambernote.
On me it has no stayingpower what so ever, it's gone in a flash.

lollsazz
lollsazz

This smelt very good on my mom - she and my little sister has a body chemistry that modifies fragrances very strongly. On me this was "blech" - there was some sour or bitter note that was really bad. Otherwise it's a very woman-like, flowery, mature scent. To me this resembles Chanel Allure in it's main notes. I have never been able to smell amber in this though - it's rather flower-heavy, and a little fresh.

katiesweetpea
katiesweetpea

I had this and had to stop wearing it at work. People would stop in their tracks and ask what's that smell( in a bad way) Oh I loved it ! Powerful refreshing lingering...

camaral
camaral

Almost a qualifier for my signature scent... Almost.
Are four citrus notes necessary? Really? I won't go on a bergamot rant, but enough already. Take it out.
Then, turn it down a notch with the amber and green notes. Gardenia and rhododendron are beautiful- keep them. Add some wisteria and a dollop of honey. Problem solved.

piahellgren
piahellgren

Very strange scent. On me it smells oriental, but gasolin-like. I don´t hate it, though. Just weirdness all over. Also, I get the combo of citrus and amber, but something here went wrong, maybe the rhododendron? My boyfriend has mentioned THREE times when I wore it that it smells good! He is polite and usually says I smell good if I ask him what he thinks of whatever I wear or try scent-wise, but this one (and Lancome´s La Vie Est Belle, which I find utterly boring and not me at all!) he complimented on spontaneously! I KNOW he doesn´t care for Chanel no.19, which surely is a different fragrance, but he is too polite to say so and he knows I adore it. Anyway, Intuition is not great on me, but somehow I find it very interesting all the same.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

Outstanding,sophisticated and classy !
And it gets even more beautiful as the time passes...

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

If the word "warm" had its own scent, this would be it. Not warm and cozy...but warm and sunny.

7663shannon
7663shannon

Unfortunatly this is just horrible on my skin. I know that others love it but alas not for me. I received it as a gift and I though the bottle was off as it smelt dank, no citrus, no spices as everyone describes.
I checked out the tester oat the EL counter and yep there too it just smelt BOish and musty with my skin chemistry:(
I will pass it onn to a friend who may have more luck

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

The citrus gets lost on my skin, and it gears down to musk and floral notes. So disappointing for me, i really wanted to like it, but it must not like me.

fpih
fpih

This smells like Boucheron's Trouble to me, only heavier. I like both, and find them great for everyday use in cold weather or romantic nights. It's warm and just a bit spicy with a hint of citrus and is IMO a very elegant, romantic scent; I immediately feel dressed up when I put this one:) Lasting power is good, around 8 hours but could be heavy/gagging if over-applied. If you want a lighter version, check out Trouble; it's subtler but very similar. All in all, it's not ground-breaking, but it's a nice, feminine scent that's nice to have in your collection. Just be warned, this is the scent of a lady, so it won't go well with the bellow 20s crowd or the sporty types.

Lumiere
Lumiere

I tried Intuition today at the Estee counter. liked it most of all the perfumes on disply. I sensed lily of the valley and lilac, so fresh and elegant. No wonder, I checked and it was designed by A. Morillas like my favourite Murmure, and I do find them very similar in a way.

caribou55313
caribou55313

For me this is a warm background scent, not attention getting but comfortably under the radar. Similar in character (on my skin anyway) to Gucci EdP, a dryish amber. Intuition is slightly brighter than Gucci EdP, with citrus topnotes and floral heart.

Mushana
Mushana

I find this very complex. I do find that the dry down says....Sophisticated Mummy...like Jackie O on the yacht with the kids on a summers day!

Migalex
Migalex

I find this perfume quite interesting, although I do not really appreciate this type of scent. I do not find it sweet at all, to me what dominates here is not even amber, which has a sweetish dense smell, but rather the scent of grapefruit, which often these days is used in perfumes with a sort of spicy character. Overall, the spicy like scent of grapefruit reminds me of natural coumin, although it is not the same, just the same type of scent, it is what I find closest to help me describe it. But here the scent of grapefruit is much softer than in other perfumes, like Lola EDP and it is not all there is to this scent. It does compete with the heart flowers and the base notes for one's attention, and you do sense the complexity of the perfume, which feels quite fidgety and difficult to entirely grasp at once. I find this perfume extremely well constructed and do acknowledge that there is more to it than meets the nose at a first sniff. It does have a nice siturbing effect on me, like it acts at an unconscious level. Very good perfume, as I think are most Estee Lauder's perfumes. And the staying power is good.

Lovely floral and citrus notes balanced by sweet warm amber. Smells mature and elegant, "perfumey" in a good way.

Warm and sweet, but not too overpowering fragrance.

This fragrance smells radiant citruses beautified by the floral gardenia and freesia notes on the warm and sweet amber base.

Not bad, but not my cup of tea, actually.

amelie
amelie

Beautiful bottle, so harmonious. A warm dry-down, must be amber,but I didn't feel citrus top notes at all, wish I could. Strange, because the composition sounds perfect, didn't work for me, caused immediate headache.

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

This was not good on my skin either... it smelt too much like acetone or grapefruit. It was way too tangy and sour for me.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

This perfume was not great on my skin. Not sure which note, but something gave it a dirty smell. I had the clerk double check my nose and she agreed.

No, that dirty smell wasn't me. I had just showered LOL.

Putting that one note aside, I thought this was an OK fragrance. Nothing special to me, but maybe for you....

I am not a big fan of Estee Lauder, but do love Sensuous, Sensuous Nude and Bronze Goddess Capri 2012. Perhaps Intuition falls into the "too much floral" category for me as most of EL fumes.

ClassyCouture
ClassyCouture

Intuition is a gorgeous, glowing, oriental fragrance. It's a lovely balance of amber and citrus that suitable for day or evening wear. It's a refreshing change to the boring, sugary-sweet scents that's currently taking over the market.

RonaRona93
RonaRona93

Do you know how I would concept "Intuition"? - like the smell of gasoline , nail enamel or other strong and bad smells that we love !!

I just hate it but i can't stop smelling my wrist !

How does it smell ? Well it's very strong and the grapefruit it's too overpowering and it's like doesn't let the softer notes come on top. I can really smell something coconuty and sweet but it fades away and still grapefruit tops !It's very spicy too .

I think this perfume will suit more a mature woman , like 35-50 , for special occasions. I think it can be used also in colder days because of the sweet , musky notes .
I got the conclusion : I can't dislike it , something it's making me love this perfume. Very strange and unusual !

SadieBluesLady

On first spritz I get a strong spice scent - cumin? tumeric? it is one of the things that gets dumped together with others to make "curry powder". No mandarin or grapefruit, in fact no citrus at all - which is very disappointing because I love citrus scents--they are very uplifting. Now the spice note is fading into something floral, thank goodness!

stelladoro
stelladoro

The reviews for Intuition are so wide ranging - what tickles each reviewers nose is different. This is my favorite hot summer fragrance. To me; my brain, nose and soul, this is a bright citrus frangrance that fans me with a cool grapefruit opening that blossoms with a fragrant but subdued gardenia and remains refreshingly citrus to the amber drydown. Staying power in hot climates is excellent and the sillage is crisp.

Cookie2
Cookie2

A barely discernible antique, powdery rose encased in a sexy, sultry amber. Gorgeous. Classy. Lasts and lasts.

;-)
;-)

Citrus and just citrus for a long long time. Gets round ang creamy after a coupple of houres. Not my cup of tea as it turns out on me.

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

Can someone please explain to me and my ignorant nose why SJP's Covet reminds me so much of Intuition? Am I the only one who thinks this? Very mysterious...

LLL3
LLL3

I really wouldn't classify this as a spicy oriental. This is more a bright floral that ends in a clean amber. It is a well-rounded, day scent that is charming and light. Very nice.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Another oriental with a brilliant (read "green") bergamot and grapefruit opening. The fruit is semi-ripe and rapidly moves into a bevy of florals and spices. I sense a much greener construct in Intuition than I expected, as the gardenia and carnation are flanked by sage and freesia. Eventually everything warms into a mild ambergris and wildflower accord in the base.

Intuition is listed as an oriental, but I think it could arguably pass as a green perfume. There are aspects of a dry chypre at work within an organic floral & spice construct. I would also argue that this is utterly unisex. A good, not overly-complicated and spicy blend for winter wear, and it keeps spring within arm's reach.

watercolormermaid
watercolormermaid

Lemony, sweet amber goodness, with a spike of green. It's so rich I only apply it with my finger tip, never a straight blast of the spray! I imagine confidence, intelligence and thoughtfulness when I smell this. Loving it...

derkargy
derkargy

reminds me of "Fleurs d'Orlane",but this lasts more.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

This perfume has absolutely stunning base! One of the best I`ve ever smelled! So rich, creamy, soft, slightly spiced, warm and sweet. Top notes can be a bit strong, but not overwelming. My cardigan smells so good today after using Intuition the other day. I can`t stop sniffing the sleeve!

Lingonberry
Lingonberry

Bought this one just recently, totally unsniffed but after reading the community reviews and more.
I feel this gives me a glimpse of a summer evening down by the sea. A little bit of it smells when the sunwarm bath towel meets the sand combined with the sunwarm scent of clean skin after a day out. Just all the GOOD smells you can have after a day at the beach...not the bad ones.
I believe it is a good one in the mid cold winter when you just want a reminder of summer.
I'm not good at detecting notes but there is something familiar in this, could be the rhododendron from the garden. I'm however not detecting any roses.

Longevity is good on me, haven't had any comments about sillage, maybe that's good :).

Matin
Matin

Intuition is a perfume that surprised me. I proved it accidentally and It finish in my collection not for my choice, it is not my type of perfume but there it was and I decided to use it. Once position hits with my senses, a different, strange but comfortable, hot, sensual smell in my opinion. It is like to travel to a tropical beach, Haway for example and to enter a late afternoon. At the moment I like it:)

Mariame
Mariame

Floral woody perfume.Great citruses at first apply.
Nice woods and florals at heart and base.The bottle design is wonderful,too!Casual -everyday wearing at the office.

Yesterday I tried my bottle again and it is VERY VERY similar to COVET!! Who whould have thought?
Well, I adore Covet and this one as well!

Shima Rinoa
Shima Rinoa

This is the most adorable perfume from Estee Lauder signatures'. I love it :)

guest_Shima Rinoa
guest_Shima Rinoa

Love this fragrance! I have migraine so I am a lil bit careful when choosing fragrance (as I cannot stand the strong smell). But this fragrance just go well. It is soft, and the woody musky scent keeps me confident the whole day. The floral scent also mesmerize me. This is the best fragrance that suits me well.

Elfies
Elfies

Funny but I always thought it would smell different. For some reason specifical words for me reprenset different type of scents and I dont know if it what I expected from the scent of intuition. I hoped it would be more mysterious and "shady" like Alchimie from Rochas.

Scent comes very strong from the first moment. Sweet, sticky amber with floral notes coming through. I can smell gardenia as well but sadly citrus notes are almost "invisible" for me. I noticed some writes that scent dont last for a long time...well, with me it stays and stays and stays....However still trying to decide if I really like it.

togagirl
togagirl

amber amber amber death by amber

La Flamme
La Flamme

I wore this when I worked as an Estee Lauder sales associate. It was warm and comforting and easily my favorite Estee fragrance. I made the mistake of giving my mother in law a bottle as a gift and now I can't wear it. I don't know why. Weird.

rithacha
rithacha

I expected Intuition to be rather powerful, along the lines of Knowing, Spellbound, or Private Collection. To my surprise, Intuition is extremely wearable and something I can imagine becoming my signature at work.

The opening is bright citrusy fruits. Perfect fruits, not sweet, not jammy, not cooked, not sharp. Just authentic mood-lifters that segue into the softest, warmest, smoothest floral fragrance I've sniffed in a while. To my simple nose, it's baisically a freesia-gardenia combination with a few other accent notes. My idea of a floral heaven. It's quite warm, but mellow, calm, rounded, and velvety. I don't believe Intuition will offend others.

Oh, and yes, Intuition smells like a rich girl. Not in an obnoxious way, but soo so classy.

I actually wish the sillage/lasting power were stronger. To me, it's quite light and settles into a musky skin-scent too soon; I would rather have a stronger/louder floral stage.

Regardless, I really love Intuition, and I hope there's a bottle for me sometime in the future.

Guest_orangepoppy
Guest_orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

My darling
My darling

This perfume and GMV Donna by Gianmarco Venturi are not different! It is insipid! This is not my perfume. It smells like a celery.

amber_glow
amber_glow

This is one of my top favorites, I can smell both the citrusy notes and sugary ones. It is absolutely sexy and mysterious at the same time.

Scentgoddess
Scentgoddess

Another gift from my Dad which I am sure he didn't smell first. Pleasant strong fragrance but I can't really imagine it on young women. He bought it for me a few years ago now and I still think it's a bit mature for me. Over all, nice on the right person.

RouenFr
RouenFr

I bought this for my grandmother as a Hanukkah gift and she loved it. The neat thing about this scent is that it works for someone 60+ or someone 20. A very nice warm scent.

kylexora
kylexora

i love it... it smell like a rich girl with great career. more suitable for office use.. it smell like a confident girl and profesional girl @ work...

guest_ru
guest_ru

it's a classic.......it doesn't offend, so great for the office a luncheon

I've never really been a fan of Estee Lauder fragrances, I always found them to smell slightly odd to my nose, however Intuition surprised me to say the least.

I really enjoyed the citrusy opening which was refreshing and instantly reminded me of Summer. I just loved the way the lemon, grapefruit and bergamot blended so well together creating a scent that was sweet and lively.

Unfortunately it is scents with these citrusy openings that never blend well with my skin chemistry, and sure enough this beautiful scent turned to rotten grapefruit when I wore it.

Despite the fact that this fragrance and I are not meant to be, I still admire this scent when worn by other people.

The heart of Intuition becomes a soft and somewhat powdery floral blend, which is absolutely gorgeous. The rose note is an absolute standout and it gives this fragrance that classy, feminine touch. I'll also agree with the other reviewers here that sensed a vanilla note in Intuition, it is certainly present for my nose as well, particularly in the drydown.

I actually adore the bottle design of Intuition, which is surprising because I very rarely pay attention to a fragrance's packaging. The oval shaped bottle with the slightly off-centre, abstract cap is clearly something you would take pride in displaying on your dresser.

The lasting strength was great on other people, however on myself, not only did it smell off but it also didn't last. I do urge you not to do a blind purchase on this fragrance because you may end up with the same results as me. Apart from that this fragrance is a crisp, pleasant and casual scent which I highly recommend.

shelpen
shelpen

On my skin it smelled just like Lemon Vodka...
Had big hopes for this frag, sadly had to get rid of it. *sigh*

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Quite elegnt, warm and sensual. The perfect female equal to the Intuition cologne. The only problem is that the Intuition created for men is a cologne. Weak, shy and in a hurry to dry down.

thegirlsapearl
thegirlsapearl

warm, sexy, mesmerising - smells better the longer you have it on! really fab!

crysna
crysna

i 0wn this fragrance and is beautiful. i was in love when i first time smell it years ago, it has a pretty composition that makes wearable anytime. a floral fragrance with woodsy notes that embraces u with pure confident and our femenine intuition. love the whole idea and this fragrance is my favorite from EL.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

This one has a wierd smell with my body chemistry. Looking at the notes, maybe it is the grapefruit or green notes. I guess I need perfume that has woodsie base notes. Just didn't work for me.

although the name is interesting which reminds me a fresh fragrance for artists who search the creativity,the true about this perfume is not that simple.the scents of mandarin orange with some spicy notes is recognizable easily.it's very strong and the flower notes are somehow hidden.it's no a bad choice,but not the best one at least for me.

F_A
F_A

The scent of roses mixed with grapefruits does not work for me, causing me terrible headache...that's how Intuition smells on my skin:(

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

I like this perfume, but just a little bit of it. If I spray on too much, I don't like it anymore.
I'm not a big fan of Estée Lauder fragrances, but this one is okay. And the bottle is very nice.

Aysu
Aysu

I am not a fan of Estee Lauder fragrances, but this one is different. I think this is the best of EL. Starts off citrusy, then turns into a strong smell, nice use of amber. Surprised to see that there is no vanilla in the basenotes. Because a vanilla smell stayed on my skin all day long after I tested this scent..

golden
golden

My ex bought this for me. At first i thought it was just too strong and sweet.
But in time i began to love it. I miss IT.

Althea
Althea

nice for the night out, sexy

Aiona
Aiona

My mother gave me a little bottle of this, and it didn't have a label on it. I assumed it was "Beautiful" (which I abhore), but gave it a spritz, and it was actually quite nice! Another floral. One of the many out there. I actually liked it a little, and I'm not a floral kind of person. My husband however did not. So I gave it away.

aytus
aytus

But it doesn't lasts on me, it lasts just for 15 min :(

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

While I own and like Intuition, it's one I don't reach for often. It's a scent that can easily go from office to night out. It's long lasting too.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Intuition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Intuition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Intuition by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Intuition by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.