Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Intuition for Men Estée Lauder for men
dislike

ozonic
herbal
Intuition for Men Estée Lauder for men Pictures Intuition for Men Estée Lauder for men Pictures Intuition for Men Estée Lauder for men Pictures

This is a warm and natural, oriental fragrance. The top notes are strong and dynamic: daffodil, fresh cucumber, walnut and cardamom. The heart includes warmth of wood and earth. The base contains sensual amber. The perfume was created by a team of perfumers: Yves Cassar, Lois Evans, Pierre Wargnye, Alienor Massenet. This perfume was launched in 2003.

Aldehydes Nutmeg Amber Cucumber Sage Marigold Cardamom

Amber Patchouli Apple Cedar

Labdanum Amber Incense Raisin Myrrh

Intuition for Men Fragrance Reviews

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Its drydown is a lot like that of Allure Homme, except more masculine, more interesting, and less headache-y. I don't know how I come up with these things. They just come to me. It's like I'm psychic.

deanyunuss
deanyunuss

one of my all time fav.. still have the first bottle i purchased when it was first launched..

kizz_man
kizz_man

This fragrance need an special nose to understand it. 10/10

soned
soned

The original bottle i had, from 2003, was amber like in the top photo. I justo bought a new one, and it is trasparent, justo like the photo on the side.

Scent is the came as I remmeber. On me, ambery, spicy, powdery. Totally unisex, without a doubt.

It has never being a potent or long lasting scent, not then, not Now, but....it's a very sensual scent. Close quarters, romantic occasions. Women really like this one, believe me, they really do.

Oudy
Oudy

I bought this when it came out. I loved it for its balmy warmth and yet it was also refreshing as well. Like sitting in a hot tub on a real cold night. I got loads of compliments off this one.

Scent 8/10
Projection 7/10
Fortitude 7/10

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

Picked this up for 30 bucks at Marshall's and figured I'd give it a try because in Fragrantica it looked promising. While it is a good scent, this lacks severely in the uniqueness department. It's the plain Jane, fresh apples, musky freshness and spice kind of deal. A great one to throw on everyday when you don't want to use up your really good stuff. Thankfully I don't have anything that smells like this in my collection so it stands out a little bit in my crowd of fragrances.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Intuition starts off with aquatic cucumber with nutty spiciness from sage, walnut, nutmeg, and cardamom. I definitely perceive the raisin note, but it's kind of hard to explain exactly how it smells. It's sort of fleshy and pulpy, with the mild sweetness of grapes, but dry and not very "wet"-smelling. Of course there is a smooth amber heart to Intuition as well. There are also whiffs of labdanum, myrrh, and incense that add hints of bitterness to the fragrance. This composition is very developed and complex and it is exciting to smell.

Intuition is a really artistic, unique scent, and I respect the composition of it very much. But I wish SO badly that it had more prominent sillage. This fragrance wears very close to the skin -- it disappears so quickly that it's almost not worth wearing. I'm conflicted. It's an awesome fragrance with really poor performance.

**Note on the bottle - it is bizarre. The large photo at the top of this page is very deceptive because the actual glass of the bottle is clear, not amber-colored. There is just an orange sticker on the bottom of the bottle that is supposed to reflect up through the clear glass. The bronze of the sprayer clashes against the orange sticker. It looks very cheap and weird. The shape of the bottle also looks like cartoony Flintstones boulders. I'm just confused by it.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

It reminds me, just slightly, of La Perla's Creation or L'occitane's Ambre, an ambery vanillic perfume. Imho, translates as pretty unisex.
It's definitely ambery and vanillic, not my favorite combo per usual, though the herbal aspect - a combination of sage, myrrh, cedar definitely is nothing short of attractive. I also catch a whiff of this plain dry wood in the drydown. Natural, calm, warm and subtly elegant.

crypticat
crypticat

Serene, balmy, light and easy-going. Pretty casual but elegant at the same time

benpaul12

This is the cologne in my collection that gets the most compliments from women. It's amazing stuff!

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

what?? smells like laundry detergent; really was off-put by this! i guess the cucumber and herbal tones give an over the top lavender-musky-clean smell that's washer-like. mixed with the amber and stuff it's weird to me...

Micho0
Micho0

Oriental and warm.

Not sporty and fresh , more an elegant fragrance.

Very unique fragrance suits well in the colder seasons.

This fragrance is pretty rare to find nowadays

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

SUPER SEXY! For secure men with an aesthetic side, not the macho type. Sublime, warm, delicious. A mix of the masculine and the femenine. I LOVE it.

hakan.ates.33633
hakan.ates.33633

really very nice scent. very impressive

petranfx
petranfx

very nice

A lovely fragrance beautifully warm yet its light and refreshing at the same time.
Theres a really unique feeling to the composition and its quite a different amber fragrance and a great alternative option to the usual high street designer fragrances for men.

BoergeSmalls
BoergeSmalls

This is one of my alltime favorites, its for a man who likes to stand out and who is secure of his own sexuality, it is a bit feminin at first, but once you get used to it is a very fresh fragrance, fresh and classy, this one you could use for both daytime and evening, it is quite powerful so do`nt use more then 2 sprays.

Defintely not a perfume for the alpha male

benpaul12

It is spring and I can wear this again!

This cologne has a fascinating composition. It is quite different to anything else, and to me, seems very modern and progressive for the age of it. I haven’t smelt anything else like it or seen anything on here with such an interesting composition.

This cologne is all about the amber. Throughout all the other changes over the course of wearing of it, the amber interacts beautifully with everything else.

In the first thirty minutes the amber and apple dominate, it is a fresh, yet warming beginning.

Then it mellows to include the cucumber and marigold.

Then it settles to a mix of amber, incense, cedar, raisin and cardamom beauty. This is an amazing mix that is the highlight of this gem.

It is balmy and sweet, but it has its moments of freshness from the cucumber.

As I’ve said before, what I love about this cologne is it is perfect for spring, between warm days and cool nights. It’s uncommon too.

Does stay close to the skin and isn’t something that will permeate your clothes for days. Lasts about 8 hours for me.

Silage: 3/5
Longevity: 3.5/5
Total: 11.5/15

playfield
playfield

I do not know why but for some reason this fragrance
reminds me of the hotel room .

thepro25
thepro25

A Very Perfectly executed cologne.A classic to me.

benpaul12

Blindly bought this fragrance and absolutely love it. Great for spring as a break between my strong woody winter and summer fragrances.

The amazing thing about Intuition is the balance between crisp and warmth - that's the balance between amber and cucumber - again, just right for spring.

It's a pity that I have to douse about four sprays on my body and one on my wrist to get anybody to notice it. But, I guess if it was any stronger it might not have quite such an amazing balance in the composition.

A great cologne that's not well known, I will wear this for a long time to come.

Migalex
Migalex

I do like this scent, although i wish it were stronger. Soft sweet amber. Quite nice, but very poor sillage and longevity.

lister
lister

Warm and sensual, light and a bit spicy.Longetivity- 2/5,sensuality-4/5,masculinity-2/5;probably this scent is one of those that u never remember the name of, but u enjoy the smell of it.I like it, but i won't buy it again even for half a price.

Endymion
Endymion

So, this is a nice fragrance, not generic, that's true. A tad similar to Chanel's Allure Homme.

However, it's a bit strange for me that it's marketed as a male fragrance...

Ps: This surely reminds me of a female fragrance but I cannot recall it to which one!

I really like wearing it on myself but I'm not easy, fearing all the time if people might think I'm wearing a female perfume :S

Taramot
Taramot

Bought this from Boots after having gone through the designer stuff on display. Warm not too sweet and sensual without being in your face. Wonderful everyday stuff, a cut above the harshly synthetic designer stuff. Not in the same league as the Crees of this world but quality at a decent price.

sabrian
sabrian

Considering how much this fragrance suits me, and how often women positively react to it, it's ridiculous how unreliable my own intuition is...

rosabell
rosabell

I bought this for my husband. Nice but not very inspired and the longevity and the the sillage/projection are very low. Not strong enough, it can be felt only from very closeI like it when I caN SMELL HIM BEFORE HE ENTERS THE ROOM. Not to be repurchased.

At my EL counter, there is a spiral-bound book with all the fragrances she has ever made, pictures of the bottles and all the notes. (why can't every company do that?) This one is considered a "solar woody" scent. I could not agree more...

Intuition (the subtle knowing by feeling) has always been something ascribed to women. I am glad someone realised men have it too, and immortalised it with a fragrance. This will be my next Estee Lauder FB purchase!

This not your typical mens fragrance here. It is built around amber, yes, so it is warm and smooth throughout its development; but this does some interesting things. It begins airy and fresh with just a hint of flowers and some lovely spiciness, not unlike a warm spring day! The heart is more earthy with the patchouli and cedar but the apple keeps it from getting too heavy and gives it a subtle sexiness that is neither too tart nor too juicy...amazing! The drydown is absolutely divine. Labdanum, myrrh and incense make it exotic and sensual with no overpowering muskiness. The inclusion of raisins in the base made me raise an eyebrow, but it works. The dried fruit makes it subtle and different while continuing to be utterly sweet, but nowhere near cloying or gourmand. A very well-blended and extremely enticing aroma, this fragrance takes freshness, spiciness, fruits and earthy oriental notes and combines them in a way that is at once sheer yet strong. A must have...for me, anyway!

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.25/5

I love Beyond Paradise for Men because it is SO different; but, this might be the best EL mens scent there is! I could kick myself for all the times I walked past the Lauder counter to go and spend more money at the mens "designer" counter, and these beautiful scents were right behind me cheaper and (in some cases) much better! Live and learn...

guest_Jacques
guest_Jacques

Really enjoy the compliments from the ladies when i wear this warm, soft and sensuous fragrance. The cucumber in the opening makes it fresh, yet the seductive woods and sweet spice in the basenotes
will never fail to get you noticed. I do see similarites between Intuition and Allure, but I much prefer Intuition. Allure turns sour and the sweetness can be cloying. Though Intuition never received much acclaim, it may be all for the best - there aren't a million wanna be playerz to ruin this wonderful scent!

Cajungrl
Cajungrl

I've worn this for several years now and get nothing but compliments and a whole lot of "you smell great!!" I get it from mostly men, though many women have commented as well. I am female, but his scent compliments my chemistry wonderfully!

guest_robert o
guest_robert o

have this for more than a year now. very gentle, i would say. it is pleasant too, but longevity is my only problem with this perfume.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I'd inform one by defining this as warm and inviting. Wearing this beautifully welcoming scent, someone might follow you home like a lost cat. Intuition lives up to it's name, whereas it is that special glow from within, as identified. Amber is the warm touch that gives it poise.

guest_Brindle.
guest_Brindle.

This to me SCREAMS sexy! Its my number favourite scent on a man. However it suits more of a clean cut man as the smell isn't so 'macho' and 'manly'.

However its clean, crisp and makes me want to jump any man that wears it.

Love it.

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

soooooooooooo romantic and cute! But at the same time it is sexy! Its a safe choise, cause everyone seem like this perfume.

vdxl
vdxl

One of the freshest orientals I know and truly appreciate. I perceive it as the first true interpretation of a sunny fragrance: it is not an Oriental that requires formal wear, it can be worn on any occasion, for those who like it more it can even become a skin scent. It is like a less formal and easy to wear Allure pour homme. Lasting power is ok considering its lightness.

nikornplay
nikornplay

polite clean and sensual.

wearing this perfume make me claim down.
it warm and feel save.
attract you ,make you want to smell more like it never enough.

love it in night time.

vertigo
vertigo

Oriental-sunny, oriental-fresh.

Warm, sensual, gently spicy and alluring.
Optimistic and friendly.

For men that use intuition and instinct in their lives. They often communicate with world by feelings instead of words.
They know if someone doesn't like them, but haven't shown it yet, or if someone takes a liking to them, but didn't have a chance to show it yet.

stevenfarrisohio
stevenfarrisohio

Artistic packaging but inexpressive fragrance. Dull - almost medicinal.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Very unusual pick for men. Spicy, sweet, very rich and yet not overpowering at all.
You can sense a fresh scent of flowers and spices, dominated by soft woodsy high notes.
I can imagine ladies wearing this, it should be Unisex (althouh there's Intuition for ladies already)
I don't think it became too popular among men after the launch.

Intuition for Men by Estée Lauder 4.11 out of 5 based on 167 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Intuition for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Intuition for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Intuition for Men by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Intuition for Men by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.