Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Pleasures Estée Lauder for women

Pleasures Estée Lauder for women
dislike

I have it: 1539 I had it: 1929 I want it: 460 My signature: 54

Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Videos Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Videos Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Videos Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Videos
Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures Pleasures Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Pleasures is a rich bouquet of fresh flowers after the rain, which is designed to suit "every woman in every season and at every moment". It is a delightful sheer floral created from delicate lilies and peonies, elegant jasmine and exotic Karo-Karounde blossoms, all tingling with the rare essence of exotic Baie Rose. Pleasures reflects a modern woman's desire to experience life's little pleasures every day.
The perfume was created by noses from Firmenich in 1995. Pleasures was created by Annie Buzantian and Alberto Morillas.

Tuberose Pink Pepper Violet Freesia Red Berries Violet Leaf Green Notes

Exceptional Because You Are For Women
Forest Lily

Pleasures Fragrance Reviews

wifeosean

It is my signature scent. Feminine and lady like. My husband's favorite scent on me and my children recognize it as Mom's perfume. I wear it for any occasion, year round.

Togiii
Togiii

A nice powdery scent. I think most people would like it because it is a very clean scent. Not too much of anything, everything is balanced.

MRowe
MRowe

Got this as a gift from my non-perfume connasseur grandmother one Christmas and loved it. Even though Estée Lauder was an "old lady" or "matronly librarian" brand in my 20 something mind I wore it to work and my then fiancé liked it on me. Unfortunately she was unable to get another bottle the following Christmas and I forgot about Pleasures until I saw it at the drugstore fragrance counter. I'm considering picking up a bottle.

jake.shouse

smells like grass if that makes sense not my smell at all. Nice scent just smells like soapy grass! I'll pass!

Bublegum
Bublegum

Pleasures was so nice back then when it was first launched. I remember my aunt and my English teacher wearing it and I loved it. But now, there are so many Pleasures like perfumes out there, that I believe it is not genuine anymore. Well, I know that this is not Pleasures fault, but still, it became too common for me...

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

Very nice scent. Not a romantic fragrance, but when my wife wears it I still find myself burying my nose in her neck. This fragrance is not "potent" but it does have very nice projection. It doesn't ever seem to be cloying to me.

Julia1506
Julia1506

My first impression of this perfume was just "WOW!!!". A friend of mine purchased it and I simply was captivated by this scent. So fresh, clean, a real pleasure. I ran to the nearest department store to get one for me immediately. Unfortunately on my skin it doesn't smell so beautiful. Maybe it is just a chemistry of my skin, maybe I should be careful with Lilly-of-the-valley. This fragrance on me develops into something bitter, that nobody recognizes except of myself. But for me this bitter note is very annoying. I wasn't able to wear this perfume and gave it to my sister who completely in love with it.

bonnie52

Pleasures is one of the most beautiful scents Estee Lauder ever produced. I really don't know what to say that hasn't already been said about it. I find it hard to believe some think it smells like "old Lady" perfume. I HATE that term! I think anyone at any age can wear this comfortably at any time. Love it!! The longevity and sillage are great!
Pleasures gives me so much pleasure!!!

alice.livings
alice.livings

Icy clean and fresh, this fragrance has become my go to for work. It is a strong, sharp floral, in stark contrast to the countless pretty, sickly sweet florals that one normally encounters. Brilliant.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

Perfectly clean, fresh, bright, white floral. For women who are into those scents, this is the perfect one. It smells like sun shining through a misty rain in a morning garden, though I find it rather cold and austere which is not my personal cup of tea as a scent to wear on my body.

I love it, but would much prefer this as a room freshener over wearing it as a perfume. Seems to be perfectly fitting for use on line dried bed linens; smells like a lavish and very natural room spray. A perfect, fresh-scrubbed, white floral. I do not care for those but I do enjoy this one quite a bit! :)

knics33
knics33

Pleasures is definitely a flower explosion, but in a good way if you enjoy florals. It literally smells like you have walked into a florist shop. It's also very fresh and bright... not too sweet or synthetic. This is one on those fragrances that I find myself enjoying the most when it is the dead of winter and I am craving spring. Definitely a good winter pick-me-up fragrance. I will say though, if your allergies are giving you a hard time, stay away from this. It has made me sneeze on a couple of occasions. I guess this just adds to my liking this fragrance more in the winter. Very solid floral, though.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I used to work with a girl that wore Pleasures and it was delightful every time she walked by. I finally got myself a small bottle of the real deal (years ago I made do with a Walgreens "Impressions"). I sprayed it on myself and wow, ORCHID BOMB. I don't now how orchid isn't listed in the notes, because that is the most prominent smell from first spray to dry-down. It's still a delightful perfume- very clean, sophisticated and friendly floral.

Ruby Cat
Ruby Cat

it's been gifted to me by my fiance and I love it so much <3 it's so feminine

serenitylola
serenitylola

Pleasures is sweet and refreshing like flowers after the rain.
I absolutely love the combination of the roses, lilac, violet, lily of the valley and the pink peppers that creates a dimension. Very pretty!

This is not the flowery scents that make you smell like a grandma.
I enjoy both Pleasures and Pleasures Intense but not the fruity versions.

I'm very picky when it comes to flowery scents and, I will definitely keep repurchasing this over and over again.

dezaval
dezaval

It's a floral/green spring fragrance. A bouquet of spring flowers like lily of the valley - which is dominant here - lilac, lilies, may rose and peonies. An easy-to-wear day frag, non offensive, nice for work or a walk at the country.
Totally identical with BU Wild by Sarantis.

tovikari
tovikari

After watching commercial I expected that this smell would be very soft, delicate and clear. But in real life it's not soft for me at all! It's suffocating. It doesn't open its' notes one by one, you can feel them all together. The most bright notes are lily-of-the-valley and jasmine. I can also smell something coniferous and herbal. This perfume is very longlasting, it stays on my skin all day long, I feel almost all the time and it tires me very soon. My mama likes this smell a lot because of its' coniferous notes. She sais that they remind her her childhood, which she spent in pine groves.

Liyatle
Liyatle

To me this is interesting, albeit a little bitter, so I really have to be in the mood to wear it.

burynai16
burynai16

I am not quite sure about other notes, but I can smell the liliac and it's lovely! smells like freshly cut bouquet, perfect for transition from spring to summer.

PurpleLilac
PurpleLilac

It does not sit well on my skin at all, but on other people it is such a recognizable scent that does not overwhelm. It is fresh, floral, very distinct with a green lily of the valley note that is beautiful!

EliaTatuirovka
EliaTatuirovka

This one is really Lovely! I had it years ago..
It's very delicate and fresh. floral. sweet in a way..

Very nice perfume. Very nice. Perfect for Summer days. Day time. <3 :) (Y)

Akarui_hana
Akarui_hana

When I spray this I imagine myself on a spring day walking barefoot in the middle of a field. The green grass is tickling my skin and the warm sun rays are caressing my face. Everywhere I look there are little droplets of fresh dew sparkling like precious diamonds. Ok, now back to reality :) This perfume is pure brightness, it lifts up your spirits! It smells like a thousand flowers but all of them are vibrant and energizing. If light had a scent, this would be it so wear this during the day! The green note is lovely, nothing harsh, just delightful freshness. Both longevity and sillage are moderate, as they should be for this type of fragrance.

bonnie52

Looking for a truly beautiful scent? Look no further…Pleasures is it! Long lasting, fresh, flowery scent that captivates the senses!

priscillaemrich
priscillaemrich

I agree with the reviewer about the peppery notes in this scent. It reminds me of Mirale by Lancome.

caros76
caros76

Lovely fragrance. Fresh, light and floral. I really enjoyed wearing it when I had it. Recently gave a bottle to my mum and she loved it. A great choice for any age group.

cessnaski
cessnaski

I wore this while in my teenage years. I think it brings back memories from those times. It is lilac that makes it very unique and is a very outstanding product of Estee Lauder, my favourite cosmetic company.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Very pretty. Clean crisp and floral, a feminine lighthearted fragrance with good sillage and longevity, is not very complex or intriguing, but good for a nice perk me up and smells good. I was gifted some, and would purchase it on my own if it was on sale.

artemiss
artemiss

This is one of those scents I endlessly sample, adore the sweet, innocent white florals, and never seem to buy. Which is strange, because I even love the way it smells on my skin. The only other green note I've ever liked on me was CK Truth, but this is different, much more flowery and girly.
I guess it's the almost virginal/asexual aura I get from white florals, making them the scent of young girls or grandmas, not sexy sophisticates as I envisioned myself.

Chava
Chava

A clean, pleasant floral. This and White Linen were my first "grown up" perfumes, so I have fond memories it. I tend to like bolder scents now (my favorite by Estee Lauder is Knowing), but I still consider Pleasures a lovely, well-made fragrance, and even wear it from time to time. Such a nice perfume for spring! A much better scent for young girls than any of the things marketed at teens today!

happyscent
happyscent

Estee Lauder - Pleasures - so ordinary, clean with a bit of floral like lady soaps (nivea rose/dove rose scented soaps); but I think this will be a good linen spray; I want my florals to open up and sparkle (whatever that is, haha)

arlina1
arlina1

I buy a lot of Estee Lauder. I got a mini bottle and some lotion with a shipment as a promotion I think.

This perfume has a lot going on with it. It is way to complicated, flowery, and frilly for me. However you can tell it is a quality perfume because the scents stay true instead of just bleeding to soap.

If you like floral that doesn't muddy to soap I think you will like this.

diamondkite
diamondkite

This was the first 'grown-up' perfume I ever bought myself. I bought it at around Christmas time...and the fragrance actually does smell like a fresh Christmas (pine) tree strewn with flowers. It's a fresh, classy, happy smell. I'd buy it again for nostalgia's sake.

Daao
Daao

Oh my god... I was SO SURE I was going to love it, because a trusted friend told me "if you like freesia you should totally try this out" and yet I sooooo hated it... such a disappointment.
When I sprayed it on my arm I got hit with a 1-ton lily-of-the-valley brick right in the face, and I got stunned for the whole day. I couldn't get rid of the scent which followed me around even after I washed my arm thoroughy (probably got some on my clothes, and the scent got stuck in my nose, I don't know, but WOW... too much lily-of-the-valley kills lily-of-the-valley). Such a shame, I couldn't smell anything to back that up, to give it like a backbone. I could only (faintly) smell peony and musk, which are absolutely nothing to counterbalance this sweetiness overload. I guess I must really be missing something, because so many people love it, but I just can't get past this so strong and heart-sickening (to me) sweet, sweet scent.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

There's nothing like 'Pleasures'! It's a scent of blooming peonies on a June evening just after the rain, a scent of forthcoming holidays, romantic dreams, freedom and all the best about being a girl! One of the few delicate, floral perfumes that last forever. It makes your life better once you spray it on yourself;)

willfulmissconduct
willfulmissconduct

As a musk and lilac lover, I really enjoy this scent. Unfortunately, it is one of those scents that everyone has tried or worn at some point. As a result, I prefer to not use it. It's kind of up there with Obsession, Eternity and Angel....just not unique anymore.

bliss
bliss

I just received this as a Christmas gift from my son. It is one of the prettiest scents I now own. It is feminine and fresh, soft and welcoming. I just love it. A perfect scent to wear every day or for a special occasion. I don;t think any one could find it offensive. It may become my new signature. I really love it.

RobLyn
RobLyn

I wore Pleasures for several years, mostly in the spring and summer, I love white florals and pink peppers together with soft powdery undertones. I always received many compliments while wearing this frag from both men and women. The sillage on this was huge, but it is wonderful. This spring it may be time to bring this old favorite back out, if just for the memories.

odie
odie

Sigh, I am all out of "Pleasures" for now. Given to me by mom as a gift. At first spray I got a patchouli, tuberose and sandalwood scent. Its well composed and unconventional and it grew on me. Inched it for years until my baby nephew found it and sprayed its last vestiges on himself. Smelled lovely! I need to save money to buy another bottle! In short, it was a pleasure to have "Pleasures."

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Sneeze bomb for me! Just offends my sinuses like nothing else - it smells so strange on me, cold clinical and slightly oldfashioned. However others around me wear it and it smells fantastic. Chemistry is a wonderful thing.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

My sister used to wear this, my friends wore this, everyone wore it in the '90's. I never did like the smell. Something just rubbed me the wrong way with it. Same as with Happy and Tommy Girl. Everybody else loved em, but there was always something fake about them to me.

glassjules
glassjules

Asked for this last Christmas as I liked it in the store, but its a little too weak floral even for me. I do enjoy it but its just not too remarkable. Nice and soft but nothing that really makes you go in for another sniff after you've been wearing it a while.

I had this fragrance many years ago, and today I've tried its sample I got in a shop, to find out if I still like it. Answer is yes! It is beautiful floral green scent, very fresh at first, and then a bit sultry on my skin, but also very alluring and feminine. It is like a cloud of pleasure, really. Subtle, intimate, ladylike and charming. Fragrance with a soul.

jake.shouse

I really like this a lot I smell peach in it!

vv1978
vv1978

Was in the top two of my signature scents in the 90's!
Work and play everyday perfume and not offensive. It always reminded me of Grandmothers beautiful garden all her flowers, fruit, and nut trees. Really this perfume is heavenly. Still a lovely scent, maybe a repurchase just for old times sake.

honeyhingco
honeyhingco

My mom gave this to me and I didn't like it that much. Its scent was too strong for me, it could easily give me a headache once I overspray it. I live in a tropical country, and one to two sprays of this is enough. I just catch the trail of scent in the air and it's still potent. It even lingers in the room for quite a while. I think it's not good to spray it on before taking public transportation as I constantly worry about offending someone with the headiness of this scent. It definitely lasts long, like I'd only reapply once throughout the day if necessary. Still I tried to use it a few more times and it grew on me a bit but I gave it eventually to my mom. Don't get me wrong though; it's a nice floral scent. Just not for me. I give it 2.5 out of 5 stars.

FranFran
FranFran

I love peonies. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! Pleasures gives me pleasure! So much so, that it actually made me write a review even though I've been slacking. I got a sample today after buying a bottle of amarige. It smells like how I wanted Dior Pure Poison to smell, or elizabeth arden 5th avenue but none of them can compare. Its similar to them but without that annoying goldish note I detect in them. It really does smell like a bouquet of flowers after it has rained. Or, so clean it even smells like fresh air after it rained. Its a soft, delicate and airy scent that I do not find mature at all. I have no idea why I like this so much when I normally like darker, heavier fragrances but who cares, its an aptly named fragrance of good quality and definitely one of my soon to be purchases. In fact, it's the only spring or summer fragrance that I'd make my signature in warmer months.

trishtan
trishtan

Beautiful mature woman. It's the first thing that cross my mind when I smell Pleasures. The satisfaction of being a woman, the pleasures, happiness. Beautiful, confident, happy, elegant & classy. First spray it was fresh, then it turns flowery. White floral. I can smell jasmine. Beautiful white flower garden. Longlasting too.

stacey.donovan
stacey.donovan

My childhood bedroom had a lilac bush growing beneath its window, and in May, the scent would fill the room. It's one of my very favorite scents in the world. Pleasures smells like lilacs, so I love it, though it only seems right to me in the spring.

OsusieQ
OsusieQ

I love this stuff! It has been signature sent for many years, I still use it daily. But when I want to mix it up a bit I like to use Women's Ralph Lauren Blue (NOT Polo Ralph Lauren Blue) and Incanto Charms or Celine Dion but these do not last as long as my beloved Pleasure!

iahe
iahe

In the book Perfume - The Story of a Murderer the main character, Grenouille created a perfume that made him smell like a human being. To me, that perfume is Pleasures. It is a sort of camouflage in situations where my normal perfumes are not accepted - it transforms me into a nice, proper woman, the kind who'll bake cookies and fix a computer with equal competence, the kind whose hair is pulled back but whose house isn't neurotically tidy, a women with a brisk step and an expensive silk scarf, a woman whom you'd want as a friend, a boss or an employee.

Pleasures is pretty and inoffensive in the nicest possible way. It won't make you stand out - actually, most people won't even realize you're wearing a fragrance, they'll just have a vague feeling that you smell nice.

And every now and then that's exactly what I need. A floral, deceptively simple, fresh camouflage.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

This is a clean almost linear floral - at least to me. It's a mommy, housewife perfume. Clean and fresh good for daily use. In my opinion it can be used from early morning to late evening. I personally choose to use it on regular week days, waking up early with the kids, dropping them off to school, running errands etc. the usual routine. That's when I find pleasure wearing pleasures because it's a pleasure being with your family and loved ones. Its staying power is excellent, it's stays on my clothes all day long, and if I use it on my nightwear it lasts until the next morning. A safe feminine scent.

CheyenneaRae
CheyenneaRae

I bought a sample size to see if I liked it. When I wear it I get a floral quite strong scent with green notes and the pink pepper. I would say in my own opinion that it is moderate longevity and sillage. It is elegant and mature and sophisticated somewhat musky. It's okay in my opinion. But I won't be repurchasing it. But it is not a bad fragrance don't get me wrong. Just doesn't suit me, it is probably amazing on someone else :)

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I probably shouldnt review this one as I knew I would not like it since its a 'green' but I got a set of 3 minis off ebay just because I wanted one of them.

The green here is STRONG.. I cant get past it to even tell the other notes.. There also seems to be a sour, vinager like note.?.?

The sillage is HUGE. I tested it by putting a single spray on the top of one foot, 1/2 hour later and I'd swear it was only getting stronger I had to scrub as I was getting a headache, so I cannot comment on the longevity.

If you love the smell of fresh mown grass with some floral this would probably be a great one for you..

====== I just read some of the other review and it looks like it might be an age/hormone/chemistry thing.. I'm 47 and have acidic skin. Sounds like other older women are expiencing problems wearing this also.. So it may be me and not Pleasures that has the problem..

Scout
Scout

I know someone who wears this and I cannot bear it. It follows her around in a cloud like the smoke around PigPen in the Peanuts cartoon. It billows headache and powder and pollen and is not pleasant whatsoever. She smokes and frankly I would rather smell the sweet nicotine tobacco oozing from her pores than this. Maybe it is because she smokes that it does not go with her chemistry. In any case, I will not try it simply because to put it on my own body would assure a migraine. :-/

raconnelly23
raconnelly23

It's this easy, this one is just pefection!

judisaksson
judisaksson

I am in love with this fragnance. Bought it for the first time 10 years ago. Although I had tried many other perfumes, this is the ONE I always go back to. So feminine, and simple.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Pleasures by Estée Lauder falls in a fragrance category I like to call “washing the dishes while wearing a chastity belt.” This category actually has a positive connotation and is not associated with sterility or repressed housewives or whatever. Let me explain: I have several sweet or gourmand perfumes in my collection and once in a while it is great to wear something that scrubs all of the sticky honey, vanilla, and chocolate away. I just want to smell like I am clean, well scrubbed and ready for wholesome activities. So, of course Pleasure fits the bill with plenty of soapy white floral notes and a steely, musky base. Men should try this fragrance, especially if one enjoys the floral note in Timbuktu (Karo-Karounde) or enjoys a clean, freshly-scrubbed result.

kattleia
kattleia

i'm in love with this perfume.. perfect on my skin! a couple of spray would last all day =) i feel much confident everytime i wear it... very feminine, elegant and sexy!

westernlady
westernlady

Pleasures starts out with a bright freshness from the top layer. There is a little sharp kick in the opening spray, which I'm guessing is from the pink pepper. After a few minutes, it wears down to a warm composition of multiple florals. It's actually difficult to pick out each floral because they are blended pretty well.

The green notes in Pleasures adds brightness and keeps the perfume from feeling heavy or cloying. Lily of the valley seems to be the strongest flower, but it's blended well with the other strong flowers playing a supporting role. The rose is easier to pick out because of the faint powder it leaves behind. The jasmine adds a little depth to the scent.

Pleasures is not a fill-the-room perfume. It tends to sit closer to the body. It does last a moderate amount of time, and it is light enough to reapply without feeling like you are overdoing it.

It feels like a clean, fresh floral that would be suited for daytime wear in the hotter months of the year. I can see this being the perfect classic perfume for the office. It would make you feel confident without being too sweet.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

I guess my body chemistry changed; I was introduced to Pleasures and wore it quite often since 2005 and considered it to be a friendly fragrance. I took a break from it about two years ago after using up my bottle and recently purchased another one, as it makes a nice "go to" fragrance for everyday use. Gee, being peri-menopausal really does do interesting things to a woman's body chemistry (and her limbic system, lol)! I think I've changed. What once was a slightly crisp and soft white floral on me now makes me smell like Vegetable Tree Woman ("I am mossy, hear me roar"). So it's me, not Pleasures. I'm going to blame this on my hypothalamus! I've only tried it twice since opening my new bottle, and I think I'm going to give it to my step-daughter; she is young and absolutely loves this fragrance. I've noticed Sensuous is doing the same thing to me now, as well; I used to love the way it smelled on me and lately I can't even gather the courage to wear it, as I (strangely) find the smell to be nauseating. Hey! Wouldn't it be funny if someone came up with a fragrance called "Estrogen" for all of us ladies between 48-58??? Or "Hot Flash"??? Okay, I'll stop now...

leathermountain
leathermountain

Just too pretty.

onome
onome

mine got stolen in camp *crying* but overall it is a wonderful scent...made me sexy and alive which lives up to its name

stormyla
stormyla

I've never cared for this fragrance and could never really say why. As I've recently tried it again I get a strong spicy curry like aroma coming through it. It's probably the combination of the pepper with the patchouli, but that odor pervades and overwhelms the florals and makes the scent unpleasant. I'll enjoy some other EL favorites instead.

Purrbaby
Purrbaby

Reminds me of a honeysuckle bush in full bloom.

xanman

Valbona., that's exactly the way Pleasures smells on me!!! Like trash, rotten flowers and vinegar.. No sugar though. However, this is my favorite ( or just about ) fragrance on OTHER women. Smells heavenly actually- but not on me:(

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

My mother had this and i always told her that it smells like trash blended with sugar and a sprinkle of vinegar...good thing it's done

carolien1978
carolien1978

Wore this a long time but now I'm finished with it. I think it's because my hormons have changed after giving birth. I hear a lot of people saying; the parfum has changed but I think in most cases it's their skin and how this reacts on all the notes in the parfum. Pleasures is a beauty :-0 and very suitable for any day, any time!

CycoEva
CycoEva

Super Duper Floral, feminine, crisp. I always got a ton of compliments from women when I wore it. A great wedding day / bridal perfume, or a bridesmaids perfume in my case. I would not repurchase.

CHERRY BLOWSOME
CHERRY BLOWSOME

the sexiest & most feminine fragrance i ever smelled
Estee lauder is the best in my opinion

Annemarie
Annemarie

Pleasures, for me, completely lives up to its name. It goes straight to the pleasure centre of my brain with its dewy freshness and casual elegance. On a sunny Saturday morning it clears out the mental fug after a week's work and fills me with optimism. I've worn it on and off since it was released and has a fixed place in my collection of warm weather fragrances. It's too heavy for high summer though. And indeed it is a fragrance of considerable heft and brightness and I can understand that many people may find it a bit overwhelming. Still, applied with a light hand it can be exquisite.

basicallystacey
basicallystacey

Back in the 90's, I thought this was such an elegant, classy scent - quite unique back in the day. I used to wear this in the 90's and I do get a lot of compliments wearing it. Sadly, over the years and after many other fragrances were introduced to the market, Pleasures turned out to be just a common floral scent which is why I don't buy it anymore. However, its characteristics left a spot in my heart - given that the scent reminds me of great memories. All in all, it's a very lady-like scent that both guys and ladies will have a positive response to.

maggiefung
maggiefung

I totally fell in love with it.

ImpishLisa
ImpishLisa

An awesome scent on me. Very feminine. Very sexy.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

After reading white_'s review, I just had to add my own. I have always had a difficult time reconciling my love of this scent with my self-image of being a strong and liberally assertive woman. I tend to love perfumes that are heavy on leather, civet, patchouli . . . you get the idea . . . the original version of Venezia best describes the scent.

But a floral?? Not even a floral oriental, but a straight on floral?

And then it hit me! This IS about the power of a woman, the power of feminity without the wimpy connotations associated with that word. Feminity as female as woman. Now that I can handle, the old "I am woman, hear me roar" attitude.

I don't know if this will help you with your dilemma, white_. It works for me.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

My mother used to wear this, but she stopped the second she smelled it on my 60-something third grade teacher. The bottle was just laying there, 80% full, gathering dust. So I jacked it, since she won't miss it.

It reminds me of her, when I was a child. Such fond memories! This scent is simply intoxicating, sheer, fresh, smooth, strong, and forgiving all at the same time.

To me, it's best described as a snowy floral, using many of "the great flowers" without letting one take over to the point of domination.

On my skin, it's a heavy tuberose/jasmine/lily/rose/peony blast, like a bursting chorus line...but it's sweetened and softened by the lilac, freesia, and lily of the valley. Freesias are my favorite flowers, and I love them for their delicate, peppery freshness. The overall combinative scent is both strong and delicate, without being overpowering or weak.

It's also important to mention the pink pepper note, which shows itself off quite well here. The common misconception is that pink pepper is peppery..but this is simply WRONG. Pink pepper is a berry. A fruit. I love pink pepper, and it has a lovely, tangy-yet-sweet taste...but as a smell, it's very similar to a fresh, dewy tea-rose. And the pink pepper gives a nice sharp edge to the bouquet of florals, allowing it to be more versatile than your garden-variety white flower.

This fragrance is not at all indolic, and it's simply exquisite as a means of showing the true power of flowers that work together. It's very nice to meet a dominant lily-of-the-valley note, and it's even nicer to have the PLEASURE of enjoying a fragrance where the 'big four' (tuberose, jasmine, rose, and lily) take a back-seat for the more delicate flowers (lily of the valley, freesia, and lilac).

Perfume perfection. A fragrance MASTERPIECE.

one2evolve
one2evolve

This was my signature scent for many years. I remember every magazine in 1995 had the paper testers that you didn't even need to open to catch a whiff of this incredible scent. At first I didn't really like it, but once I put it on my skin Pleasures completely won me over. The original Pleasures seems to be a bit much these days, like all EL fragrances you get a lot of "bang" per spray, with a light hand though, she is still exquisite. I have since moved on to other fragrances but will always have this in my collection.

Migalex
Migalex

This is one of scents I know which most typically smells of Lily of the Valey. It is all about this flower. In the opening lily of the valey is freshened up, probably from the berries and the green leaves. As time goes buy, that freshness softens and the fragrance gets closer and closer to lily of the valey on its own. I think it is quite a good fragrance, although, personally, I am not fond of the scent of lily of the valey, being it actually one of the flowers whose scent I appreciate least, and for that reason I do not really enjoy wearing this fragrance.

passion4fashion
passion4fashion

Ahhh...
My mom had a bottle of this,
I madly fell in love with it
and I would take it and spray it in my bag and my clothes.
Doing this and smelling it on her are...PLEASURES
Gives me the feeling of...
Being gently carried by wind to a misty hill..Where white flowers are in full bloom...
Or
flowers bloom as you run your hands through the grass...
Beautiful.

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I bought this sometime in the late 90s. I wore it for awhile then tired of it, will have to go back and retry as I haven't worn it for years. Very floral and strong - a light spritz was enough for me. I don't really get peonies in it.

Despite the rather large note pyramid all I get from Pleasures is lily, lily of the valley, freesia and an ozonic note from violet leaf.
It's fresh, it's green, it's floral. It smells like white picket fences.

This will always be a scent close to my heart!! I get SO many compliments when wearing this from men to women,the dentist office to the grocery store. I like that that I can constantly smell myself without getting tired of the scent. It definitely leaves a lasting impression on a first date. I'm not a floral fan scent wise but this one is a winner since 2000, I never looked back.

clancyann
clancyann

This fragrance makes me smell like I just got out of the shower and put on some lotion. It just has that general "lotion-y" smell. Perhaps it's the rose. The effect is that I feel fresh, cool, and clean even when the weather is hot and disgusting.

That being said, I got this as part of a coffret, so it's just a 4ml spray. Once that's gone, I won't be buying a full-sized bottle. I will like it for a while, but that's it.

Dimitra79
Dimitra79

The first time I tried it I didn't like it at all. (Some years later)I've been wearing it for a week now and I actually like it!...It's fresh, elegant and classy, with a strong personality. I don't think it's an "old lady" perfum as mentioned before, not at all.
It's not my favorite parfum but I highly recommend it.

sydbear182
sydbear182

I found this on a magazine page and it smelt so good i had to have it. Then when i got it later, i found it has more of a perfume smell than anything else. Really strong nose tingling smell. It feels really thick, I don't get any floral vibes from this at all.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is a great fragrance on other women, but I found it to wear too lightly for my personal taste... plus, this was my mother's signature fragrance and I didn't want to step on her toes!

If you like Pleasures by Estee Lauder - then a sister fragrance to this is the new David Yurman (pink fragrance)... Delicate Essence. Both are very similar and remind me of one another. They are slightly different and I'd like to run a side by side comparison test. They are definitely "in the same family" and are very close.

millie1980
millie1980

Easy to wear, yet highly floral. So safe you could wear it to church. But I don't think it smells old lady, it is too fresh and watery. It's just very conservative. It won't suit women who want to make a statement. I quite like it :-)

BTQ
BTQ

First of: I hate the bottle. The lusterless, steel-grey cap just doesn't fit a frangrance that wants to be green, fresh and floral. The script-fond "Pleasures" reminds me of friendship books, that were popular in the 90s and that I always found to be dull and corny.
The name itself is - typical for Estée Lauder perfumes - not very imaginative and resourceful.

The smell itself starts fresh, even a bit cheeky, which I like. But then it turns nasty. It gets this weird note of rotten flowers, raw meat, cold metal and damp textile out of the washer. Or cold dishes. Not a fan at all.

pattyk
pattyk

I've worn some Estee Lauder perfumes throughout my life. I really like the Pleasures Intense, it smells clean with flowers which have just been rained upon. I've tested "Pleasures" before but wasn't sure I would like it on me. It seemed too "lily of the valley" for my chemistry. However.....I decided to take the plunge and blind buy one to try it out. I actually love it! I usually like a vanilla and woody based perfume but this one is a nice change. I'm feeling a little addicted to the smell. Then I layered it with Liz Claiborne's Spark and WOW! It enhanced the entire experience. I like to layer some perfumes just to experiment what they would smell like. Alone or together, both are great smells. This one is a thumbs up. I'm not crazy about heavy floral smells but there's something really fresh and young about this fragrance. My friends 90 year old mother had this on and she smelled wonderful so there ya go!

kylieb8
kylieb8

Fresh, clean, feminine fragrance. My signature.

TanteSimone

The new formula is nothing like the one released in the 90's. The first editions were rich and heady and last all day on me. The new bottles are like water. They are gone in an hour. I used to love this fragrance and now like most of my favorites, they have ruined it. I am so sad.

Jellybean
Jellybean

I get nutty, wooded rose here. There's some bloom there in the back, but that's not the main focus here. Strong hazelnuts and chestnuts, I can almost taste it, trail mix? no j/k that would be too nutty. All these flowers not sure where they fit? This is nuts-woods-rose overall. Grownup yes, and it lasts awhile.

Catty
Catty

I´m in love with this fragrance!!

This watery rose is very elegant, clean, classy without ostentation. Indeed very american; very "hamptons style".

I love rose scents, but many of them are very "old-lady".

Pleasures is a fresh young rose. The impression that I have when I use it, it´s that I´ve just taken a shower of water with roses and some very fresh green leaves...the effect is very lifting.

This Classic is the most lovely dayscent for me.
This watery-young rose is definetly a MUST!

balinese_frangipani
balinese_frangipani

It's light, fresh, clean. whenever I wear this, I feel like , "I'm free,I feel good about my self,nature, everytime,anywhere, I don't care about what everyone think. I enjoy my life time,what I do" :D

shannonny
shannonny

Sometimes I just shake my head when I read reviews. I wind up feeling like the most vulgar thing that ever joined Fragrantica. What is it about me that I like these vicious (viscous? that too!) perfumes so much? I tried this on today and immediately loved it and bought it. So there.

I just don't have the same reaction at all to Pleasures as do the writers of a lot of these reviews. Maybe I'm still a little-girl-princess deep down inside, too far down to recognize...maybe it is she who loves Pleasures so much.

I bought the EDP Spray. One thing I love about EL perfumes is that they are very well blended, like good cooking: I can actually identify individual notes, if I want to. As soon as I applied it, I said to myself, "Self! This is such a pretty rose! Do you smell that airy freesia and the fine oil of that tuberose too? Gosh that's pretty!"

Driving home, I identified separately sandalwood, musk, and cedar wafting up from my bosom as the fragrance cured. Also, it's six hours later, and there is still residual loveliness here and there--which is MONSTER longevity for dry old me. The sillage is probably enormous, but no one actually stepped back from it, so it can't be that bad, the way I apply fragrance.

Once home, I get on the laptop to observe notes and, sure enough, there they are. I'm not that good at guessing notes so this made me feel very smart. On the other hand, this may be what drives more finely-tuned noses nuts--maybe other people would prefer a more mysterious amalgam of ingredients..."Ah, such an oblique reflection of the wild pink wuzu flower, with a double-bass drawing of the dark eppimingus leaf..."

As a prior review said, Luca of "Perfumes" likes the linear perfection of this. I guess I'm just linear. This is an armful of flowers and the sun darting in and out of clouds. It's like kittens romping in dewy clover and fallen petals. I like that it's not complicated. My life is complicated enough.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

love love love..clean, fresh, addictive

JungleRed
JungleRed

I adore Pleasures simply for nostalgic reasons - it was my very first "grown up" perfume. On Friday nights, my friends and I would troll the local mall and I always insisted that we go to Dillard's where all the fancy makeup counters resided. While my friends were off giggling at boys, I was lusting over the scents (and cosmetics) I couldn't afford but longed for. I believe my very first boyfriend got me a bottle of this for Valentine's Day because I begged him to. I still recall the baby pink box and lovely, simple bottle. The scent within still takes me back to high school. So floral, fresh, clean and sophisticated. I always got compliments when I wore this but, for whatever reason, I abandoned it for greener pastures.

I smelled this recently at Ulta and it still smells exactly the same. It's probably not something I'd wear today mainly because it makes me feel like I'm in high school again and my body chemistry no longer lends itself well to strong floral perfumes, but Pleasures is still as pleasurable as I remember it.

Melpo
Melpo

A flowers after the rain scent. Lovely! If only it didn't have musk!

kattassah
kattassah

Powder, slight flowers, and more powder. Almost to the point of being like Avon's Sweet Honesty. Too much powder and not enough florals. I saw lilac listed in the notes and decided to try it. Good thing I only sprung for a sample size...

crikat
crikat

At first spray in Macy's it was all lush lilac and lily-of-the-valley, soft as a spring morning, so impulsively I bought it. After an hour or so out came this screechy, headache-inducing metallic note that hangs around for the duration. Still loving the flowers, I'm going to try spraying this on my clothes and see how that works. Skin chemistry is a b#@%&.

weppy
weppy

This reminds me of my wedding day. My wife's signature scent for years. Reminds me of fresh cut roses.

chimidoro
chimidoro

Wore this when I was in my early teens and felt super sophisticated. You only need a small amount, not the copious amounts I was slathering on myself then. Gives a nice warmth to a rainy September, but definitely best used in moderation! A lovely work or summer's day scent.

Molliepops
Molliepops

I like this fragrance, its very pleasant, but I seem to go through phases with it, its not one I return to very often. I have been wearing Ralph Lauren Romance for over 12 years, and I never tire of it, but this I do.

I tend to buy one bottle, use it up, then not worry about replacing it.

Its a very distinct, recognisable scent, there's nothing quite like it to compare. Its very floral and feminine, but without being sickly sweet. Its long lasting too, which indicates a good quality perfume to me.

Also, I have noticed that some people don't like the smell at all, whereas Romance doesnt seem to offend anyone.

Mom2Dano
Mom2Dano

a rich bouquet of fresh flowers after the rain, which is designed to suit "every woman in every season and at every moment". And it does that with no problems. This is another perfume that brings back memories. Love it!

nomi77
nomi77

i think the most loved one from Estée lauder family among several confusing versions this is the best makes you feel special

Missyee

For me one word- nostalgic

TruthserumX
TruthserumX

I love this! I don't know if its lily of the valley or whatever, but I know its LILY! Light, floral, I don't get a "green" smell at all, I get straight lily! For me this is a very good thing as I am a big fan of lily's and magnolia's. My only issue is that I'm getting a slight, very slight, sour smell in the dry down. I'm not sure this would be considered a long lasting perfume, but its at least moderate.

princesszaida
princesszaida

So flowery and sometimes overwhelming. I think it's a quality perfume. In my head I see a stereotypical housewife in pearls vacuuming or something. Pastel pink cardigans for church... It smells clean and it has class. Actually, its sort of what I thought a "classic" perfume would be when I was really little. It's pretty. I tried it in 8th grade and I revisited it with a sample last month. It just doesn't suit me.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Pleasures is a very clean and pleasant floral scent. Watery florals make it sparkling and inoffensive, lily of the valley, lilac and peony being predominant, but more like shadows of the flowers, as at their strongest they wouldn't be this soft.
Fairly green in the opening but linear after that. This would be perfect for office wear, particularly in Spring and Summer, but I find it a bit chilly and thin for cooler months. Has the same feeling as Floris Bouquet de la Reine, but lacks the peach note which makes the Floris that bit more well-rounded. A pretty floral scent for anyone searching for a floral that won't give them a headache.

So far I thought about this scent like HopeFloats72. But then it was on Sale in a nice offer with lipstick and so on and I thought I should give another kind of scent a try. It's a nice light floral. The start seems like any floral, but the heart note produces a nice lily and geranium scent surrounded by green and floral notes. I like good white floral scents and think this is one too. The lasting power on me is around 3-4 hours, so not that strong. I'm not sure, if I would buy it again, but it's a nice daytime foral that can be used for work and other daily activities

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

For a very long time I have favored those spicy oriental frags that turn heads when I walk into the room. They're all warm and full of expectation. I love that about those "fiery" scents. So, when an ex-beau bought this for me one Christmas I spritzed it and laughed. This isn't ME...I don't wear this! This is for the sweet, pink-cheeked girl with blonde locks and eyes like the ocean...I am the opposite! But he loved the scent and when I actually put it on, and it was STILL ON after a full day of work it kinda started to appeal to me. It was like I got to slip out of my Latina skin and become the midwestern farm girl for just a few hours. This frag is full of wild lillies and lilac and when worn on the skin it's like you're wearing a summer breeze! Imagine a summer day with a blanket spread on the green meadow grass with That Guy. That is what Pleasures is to me. I haven't worn it for two years (the bottle didn't last long and neither did the relationship...) and I replaced it for a short time with Bath & Body Works "Butterfly Flower" which exudes the same sweet floral and green melange. I will always wear the spice and fire that I love, but this sweet, green floral frag will be on my dresser in one form or another...I can't simmer all the time!

swim_fatale
swim_fatale

A sentimental favorite. Used this in the late 90s when I was dating my boyfriend now husband. I'm a huge fan of Alberto Morillas. I've only just discovered that most of the perfumes I've used, are using and want to use are his creations.

swtpces
swtpces

I never thought I would like extremely floral frangrances. Pleasures indeed changed my mind. It smells fresh jasmine and lilac on me. It's very clean smelling, not too sweet, just pure flowers to your nose. The smell can be timeless and I think this is suitable for girls of all ages.

Perhaps the downside is the longetivity on the skin. I barely smell it after 4 hours or so. But other that, the fragrance is great.

oraib
oraib

Just timless! I adore

Dayna78
Dayna78

Very sheer floral. Longevity and sillage is lacking. Inoffensive but also uninteresting.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

This is a fresh version of Flower Bomb. It's so feminine and clean and garden fresh full of blossoms.Wow I need this !

Londonchick
Londonchick

This is a lightly floral, forest christmas tree to me. I don't claim to have the most advanced or even moderate olfactory skills but this smells of fresh cedar and pine to me. It's like a very subtle wintergreen blended with a pinch of pepper and florals. No amount of looking at the actual notes it contains will convince my senses otherwise, sense or no sense (scents). Although I do get the peony. I like this, have done for years. Perfect stand by perfume and unlike most, suitable in all seasons- enjoy

RGR
RGR

I have smelled this on my beloved aunts and cousins. I have loved it on them. It smells crisp, watery, flowery like some posh bouquet that I see only in magazines.

When I wear it I get blasted with peonies and all kinds of flowers and sit patiently to see what the dry down will offer. But then all I get are more peonies and pepper. WHY? =( Im not even sure I love peonies all that to endure this.
So I'll just wait patiently till someday my ph changes and I can actually wear this. In the mean time I'll settle for smelling this on others.

Zenobia274
Zenobia274

Fabulous, fresh and 'zingy' on a hot summer day.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a nice floral for the office or other day time use. It is a good casual scent, not a knock out but something you throw on for everyday use. The florals are very well blended and clean in this so it reminds me of a fresh floral bouquet picked right out of someone's garden.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

love it so much i dont even care its for womens ;)

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Rating a fragrance is exceedingly subjective since all of us react to scent in a unique manner. Luca Turin in the "Definitive Guide" to perfumes gave Pleasures the highest praise for its innovative linear-fresh appeal and trendsetting impact. Even if Luca's assessment is correct, it is impossible for me to handle Pleasures' overbearingly harsh opening bouquet, and the aggressively chemical florals and strident fresh notes that follow and linger unabated. It is too octane for my nose, and about as feminine as Aqua Velva. The men's Pleasures is rank and depressing.

derkargy
derkargy

I 'd like to have another bottle,if I can!

kristine oh
kristine oh

This is typically a SPRING SCENT. You can smell a lot of floral notes but difficult to pinpoint each one. This scent can be so appropriate on an afternoon walk on the park wearing yellow floral sundress. It's light, airy, sweet scent will make you feel pretty but not sexy. It projects comfort but not confidence. There's some kind of lacking strong scent factor in it that could attract attention.

lavedah
lavedah

i havent tried it yet, but i feel like im going to like it. seems to be a scent that i would like.

redbionicle
redbionicle

this one was given to me as a present for 3 times. unfortunately, I don't like the smell. Very, very floral.

TanteSimone

Used to be so crazy about this because I love how green and soapy it is---really like flowers after the rain.

However, I bought a bottle that smelled so sharp at the beginning and was kind of like astringent and bitter at the end. This used to be so beautiful and dreamy with a fresh spicy start and a creamy sandalwood dry down. Now, it smells diluted and cheap.

I tried to give it like nth tries just to see if I could use it again. Each time, I just scrub it off.

Galya
Galya

sorry,but new formula of it is absolutely crap...

sinclame
sinclame

This one is so beautiful, I was so sad when my bottle of Pleasures disappeared in my last move! Must repurchase, I love it for all year round :D

ladykicks
ladykicks

I love this fragrance! It smells like real flowers, not synthetic like a lot of other floral perfumes. I'll be buying a bottle as soon as I can.

misschic
misschic

I like lily of the valley, I like lilac, I dislike this.

It smelled nice on a piece of paper so I bought it for my mom. She like's it thankfully but I really don't like it at all on the skin.

mamta173
mamta173

I recd this bottle as a gift ... it is a very nice floral fragrance.
was over whelmed with the first spray , (smelled more like jasmine to me first and a bit like pure white linen) but it tones down within minutes u spray it.
last for about 2-3 hours on me.( perfumes dont stay long on me so i guess this will last longer on others)
Sillage, i would give it 2 on a scale of 5.

Spicy
Spicy

even tho it's classified as floral frag it's not sweet at all. For my nose it's a peppery lily with some cold and dry notes. All together they remind me of cold autumn air with some hint of fallen leaves and bark, probably that's why I love it for autumn.

belle.le.disko
belle.le.disko

Disclaimer: I received a small tube of this perfume as a gift. I would never purchase anything Estee Lauder since the company still tests on animals.

For the above-mentioned shameful reason, I had never tried anything in the Estee Lauder line, and that is a bummer. I like the smell of this fragrance. It is fresh and relaxed- romantic, and it smells expensive. It’s a great spring and summer day and night scent.

At first the scent was overwhelmingly gardenia-- a little synthetic and chemical-like. I could make out the smell of nothing else but, perhaps, rose.

After about 5 minutes, the scent was very strong and very white floral. It made my eyes water a bit, and I felt overwhelmed by the fragrance even though I only sprayed it twice on wrist/ inner forearm.

After about 10 minutes, the fragrance was very white floral—especially lilac, lily and peony-- and a bit woodsy and spicy— hints of patchouli and pink pepper. The strength of the scent was beginning to die down, though it was still quite strong.

After about 20 minutes, the perfume smelled like a garden of white flowers after a light spring rain. The perfume smelled clean and tranquil and a little muggy. I could easily detect the pink pepper, a lovely and unexpected compliment to the florals. It was strong, but not overly so. The scent remained in this state until it disappeared from my skin.

The sillage of Pleasures was probably arm’s length, though the smell was quite emphatic to me, and I thought the sillage to be room-sized. The perfume had staying power of about 4 hours—though the strength drops markedly within the first 30 minutes. The perfume then dies slowly over time, though 8 hours later I could smell the fragrance on my skin.

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

This is my mother's favorite scent. She wears it year-round and recieves many compliments. The pink pepper and florals are wonderful together, creating a beautiful, feminine scent =)

Jihane
Jihane

sweet memories remind me my high school...

peaches448
peaches448

ICK! I got a small bottle of this headache-inducer as part of an Estee Lauder "gift with purchase" offer, and couldn't give it away fast enough!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This is strong and last long, but I do not like it one bit. This is exactly the opposite of what I usually like. It is the yang to my yin... cause in some way, I do like it on other people. It's just not me. I am not that girly.

Man is it ever fresh and floral.

I have something that could qualify as a slightly similar style and it is Eclat d'arpege de Lanvin. I have to be in a very specific mood to wear it.

nanafarhanna
nanafarhanna

Love it! It last long. Flowery yet strong. Smells great!

jckp27
jckp27

My grandmother wears this and it smells like flowers and cookies. I would say it is a fruity floral.

acavicchi
acavicchi

This is a pretty, VERY floral, traditional kind of perfume, heavy on the lily of the valley, lilac, and lily. It's probably very pretty and sheer if you're into florals and they work with your chemistry. however if you're like me and you find florals turn sour with your body chemistry, chances are you won't be a fan!

NeoJezebel
NeoJezebel

I'm a sucker for Jasmine, and it's this perfume that got me hooked when I was a teenager. Fresh yet sexy.

ronnidrake
ronnidrake

I love perfumes and my mom bought me pleasures recently. I wore it for the first time and got 3 compliments in a morning...the only other estee fragrances I have are pleasures exotic, beautiful, and beautiful love...I think this is my new favorite. Smells very floral with a nice scent. I really love the lotion and bath gel with the spray

windswept
windswept

I remember smelling this in my mid teens and thinking it was far too much. Now smelling it in my mid twenties and guess what.. it still screams. It still gives me a headache. However the main culprit is the opening and the heart is much softer.

I'm not gonna say it's a bad perfume. It smells expensive and refined. It might be nice to smell on others but definitely not on myself and not too close to my nose. There's also something about it that makes me a bit depressed.. :(

Missyee

I just don't like the strong scent it gives when i put it on.but once it settles down i like it.
I love the longevity .

Lucialuz
Lucialuz

this is my favorite perfume ever! The best perfume in the whole world!
It smells like fresh wet flowers and a lot of grass... It seems like being in a beautiful garden!
It has an interesting "snow" note, something sharp and very iced. Great for summer time!
Classy and soft. I can't stop smelling this!

Scarlette
Scarlette

This was a fragrance I loved for spraying on my linens only. The few times I wore it, I felt, alone, cold, and homesick?! Smells like clean linen, but in an eerie way....
I'll bet it would be great to cool you down a bit, but the scent is not for me.

(this is a 5* masterpiece according to Luca Turin....hmmmmm)

KSBelle

I feel I must add to my last review. I've had Pleasure on for several hours now, so im revisiting my thoughts on this. In all fairness, this fragrance has lasting power unmatched by many. I can smell it in the laundry pile the next day, and I always ask myself "mmm, what is that perfume?! It's lovely!". It's Pleasures, every time. So after the sneezing and watery eyes subside, the fragrance turns into a soft clean dry-down that I love. It just takes most of the day to get there. My allergies and chemistry battle this fragrance from the beginning, but if I can be patient and tolerant of the initial discomfort, the payoff is georgeous. It ceases to be the brassy, overwhelming, air freshener that I'm initially knocked back by, and softens into a medley of lovely flowers and whispers of cleanliness. Oh, the pain of the beauty process. I'm a watery eyed mess, but I know that pleasure awaits.... I also own Exotic Pleasures, rich with pineapple and tropical flowers, but the original is more clean and to the point. Oh, the life of a fragrance junky. I can like even the deadliest concoction! Ahh...Ahhhh....CHOOOO!!!! ;)

KSBelle

There are a few perfumes I can pick out of a crowd. In this specific genre, Pleasures, and Cliniques Happy, come immediately to mind. I like these fragrances more on others than on myself. It takes on this "scrubbed with sand" cleanliness- covered in flower pollen. Not a bad thing at all! I just don't seem to be reaching for it too often. I have a heavy hand when it comes to spraying perfume. Maybe if I lightened up a little it wouldn't make me sneeze as much (my husband too). I would recommend this to people without allergies, of all ages. It is a lovely fragrance to have around. It just doesn't blend down very well on my skin. If flowers came in liquid hand soap, preserved in tin cans, that's what I would say it smells like on me. Either that or air freshener, carpet powder, and brass. On others it smells like a bouquet of wedding flowers and innocence. A symphony of beauty. (Try it on your own skin to see what it does for you)....Ahh, I guess this is one of life's little pleasures I will have to enjoy from afar. I love cats too, but I'm also allergic to them. I'm envious of those who can be around either without sneezing. :(

didadida
didadida

this scent is simply wonderful smell of people fancy. Combine in any season, is remarkable ... very good.

evanthie
evanthie

I wore it pretty long ago, I remember it was ok, just ok. It's a pretty simple floral, a bit powdery and fresh scent, nothing special. It's mostly suitable for young girls :)

firstinthedance
firstinthedance

This smelled so great on someone at work that I rushed out and bought some. Unfortunately, it didn't work with my chemistry, and I soon gave it away.

SandraV
SandraV

This is just a nice,unoffensive perfume on me.Not too groundbreaking but a good staple to have for warmer weather.I get mostly lily with a hint of pepper:once again pepper is iffy-I can see how this might smell 'stale' to some people.Not bad-just ok for me:)
Edit:Now that I've had it on for about 20 minutes I like it a lot more:the initial spray was a bit high pitched for me.Now I get a bit more rose and the pepper note is receding:it's actually becoming quite lovely:):)
Edit yet again:Ok after about 5 hours of wear this became a definite 'love'-THIS is how you do clean and soapy...'Clean' perfumes I'm looking at you;)

Light floral fragrance. But in general this fragrance seems to me smelling more watery than floral.

The most noticeable notes are the violet leaf note, the peony note and the baie rose note.

This fragrance seems to me too sour and not impressive. Not my cup of tea.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

Pleasures sounds like something I should love. Unfortunately my first trial resulted in an hour of overwhelming pink pepper, followed by the gradual emergence of the infamous "celery" note. After two hours of celery, a soft rather ambery floral emerged. I wonder if the intense pepper/celery notes are due to skin chemistry or olfactory sensitivity? I am going to continue to work with it, because once the first notes die, it is a nice gentle floral

Bettany87
Bettany87

This was the first fragrance my hubby gave to me many years ago, and being sentimental, I always make sure I have a fresh bottle of PLEASURES in my fragrance display cabinet.

This fragrance is distinctly floral on me, I cannot discern any other notes but alluring, fresh flowers. It's very pretty and light as it dries down ... allusion of sweet-smelling flowers linger on the skin ... nothing piercing ... just soft and lovely.

PLEASURES is such a feminine scent and brings me great memories. I tend to go back to this fragrance even after using so many other fragrances, and that venture always gives me pleasure.

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

I love this fragrance - it seems to me to be like an early summers morning, cool, green, slightly woody (my favourite part of this fragrance, the patch I presume?) with breaths of florals - no single floral note that I can tell, just a swish of white. It reminds me of a wonderful holiday in Mallorca so I suppose that why I love it so much. The only negative is that so many people wear it, I wish that I was the only one to have discovered it!

Jess1fireflight
Jess1fireflight

Only floral that i enjoy wearing. makes me feel so fresh, delicate, girly. i love this <3

akats
akats

I am really sorry to tell this, but for me, Pleasures is nothing! I cannot smell anything interesting in this fragrance. I don't even understand what is it and how to describe it as a smell. It has not something I hate, nor something I like. So boring!!

yettb
yettb

Flowers and soap and longer lasting than most - it lingers on clothes forever - it is nice and feminine youthful and fresh but easy to put on too much

Miss brokrn heart
Miss brokrn heart

Good perfume. Long lasting stay in my body long time

But no smell all base ..all jasmine but v good for morning or go 2 work its a good choice
And polite not to much sexy whetever i love it this one fragrance remind me ahigh school OMG i miss u this time..!!
And sutible 4 any age ..smell teen.. Adult .. hhha bought my baby girl ;)
And last i must have every one

Tailor-Made
Tailor-Made

It's the most elegant perfume i've tasted in the last 15 years. For morning or evenimg is TOP CHOICE and it lasts all day. In generally, all Estee Lauder perfumes last long and are supreme quality. GORGEUS, FRESH, EXCELLENT!

missymary
missymary

This is what I think of as the Mother of the Clean Florals. It's as richly rosy-posy as they come and eye-wateringly NICE.

Some would say that it's boring, but it has a strong succulent green background coming from lilyofthevalley that gives it an air of distinction.

For that reason, if I wanted a clean floral, Pleasures would be my first choice.

Denoula
Denoula

I thought from the notes that I would love this: lily of the valley, lilac. And the drydown is quite softly floral and pleasant. But the opening, to me, is too sharp and green. There are so many other florals that I like much more, so I have let it go.

jade pavilion
jade pavilion

I remember asking my friend what perfume that she's and she just smile and say Estee Lauder Pleasures,I get it the day after.The smell is clear floral,feminine and just nice for me.

IamWoman
IamWoman

The beauty of Pleasures reminds me of walking through a colorful garden after a spring rain. It is a gem filled with well-blended florals, refreshing green notes, a pinch of pepper (so it is not overly sweet), and soft, grounding musk and woods. It's not "sexy", but it is elegant and feminine. With my chemistry, it is long-lasting with excellent sillage. I find it also has a very "uplifting" touch to it, yet it is very relaxing. I love this as an everyday scent, or something to wear to a casual or low-keyed, quiet event. I also love it in the evening after a hot shower or bath when lounging or going to bed. This soothing fragrance gives me the feeling of drifting off to sleep in a meadow, atop a bed of beautiful, fresh flowers.

stacia79
stacia79

I had high hopes for Estee Lauder Pleasures, as it is a bestseller with many good reviews. My skin hated it though. So sad. My sister asked "What are you wearing?" in a voice that made me know she didn't really like it. She said "I'm not going to say cleaning products, but definitely air freshener." Not a ringing endorsement, and I agree with the review that mentioned celery. That is what it smells like on me, sour celery.

However, sprayed into the air it smelled like a watery floral, lots of lily of the valley. So air freshener this will become. I hate to just throw it away.

eruetim
eruetim

My sister bought this for my Mum one Christmas, I suspect from one of her overseas business trips and a visit to the Duty Free store. I borrowed it and bought the body creme. It is the most intense floral I own.

Espi
Espi

Normally I have to take extreme attention to not overuse any perfume as it can tend to be too strong quickly.
Not this time. Even upon almost drenching the skin in it, it barely gets noticeable.
Can you say : bland bland bland?

Many weeks later I received another sample and alas, it smelled the same.
Much to my surprise, tested twice in a drug store and both times Pleasures was a lovely flowery smell.

Can it be I'm anosmic to an older formulation that I received and not to the current reformulated version?

alyaa
alyaa

Floral elegance, feminine, innocent, lovely perfume with amazing sillage and longevity. I tried this when it came out, knowing I couldnt afford. Got to the tube station and came back and put it on my visa. Pleasures then became my signature for three years, it was my day and night, I got compliments all the time and then I stopped wearing it. I still love it on others, especially catching a waft of sillage of some elegant lady wearing this.

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

"Pleasure" is the 1st Bottle Perfume I got for myself when I was 18 . I'm memorizing how carefully I made this decision, It was quite expensive for me at that time, but it smells so purify and refined, It make me feeling " I’m in a garden wearing my best princess dress and wait for something …" This is only one perfume I’m still continuing buying time by time, because it like the classical song which everyone knows , “ When I was young I listing to the radio, waiting for my favorite song ,,,, it is a bottle I call - “ yesterday once more” It’s simple but very special for me ..

Narmis
Narmis

The ultimate girly perfume, smells lavishly of flowers on a beautiful summers day. A must have for all the floral scent lovers! :)

Rola
Rola

This is my perfume when i was 20 years old ,i loved it soo much it's elegant and fresh ,and it has a good longevity which is very important for me
I bought the perfume for the 4 th time now,i like to wear it every once &while it makes me feel happy,fresh,and cheerful

Gabriela
Gabriela

Pleasures is an oldie but a goodie...I wore it when I turned 15, the year it came out and it made me feel like a princess...

I know it has lilac notes and other colorful notes, but it feels very white to me...

To my nose, it is a white, sheer floral that feels snowy and fluffy....It is light and crisp, but has an excellent sillage and longevity...

I have a Pleasures miniature that I will always treasure, it takes me to joyful and younger times...

pstry8@aol.com
pstry8@aol.com

I love this fragrance, I get so many compliments when I wear it. However like some have stated it has some components that can cause allergic reaction....I will have an allergy attack if I wear this too many days in a row, which is sad because I love the scent.

danielmventer
danielmventer

Wow..what`s not to like on this one!. If you want your man to hang around you like a male dog on the sniff, then you can use this love potion. Hell, I will go out with a girl just for wearing this. I spray it in my house every now and again cause its just so bloody nice. Pure Voodoo. LOL x

Esscentially299
Esscentially299

I like this...a pretty light floral with a note that, to me, smells like lilly, yet it has great staying power and freshness. What's not to like? Sometimes I get bored with crisp chypres and moody orientals, and just want something pleasant.Pleasures fills the bill nicely.

lavender sage
lavender sage

This perfume was my "first love" when I was in high school, and now edging towards 30, I still come back to it time and time again. It's the only scent that my husband actually compliments when I wear it - otherwise he could give or take fragrances at all. My dresser feels like it's missing something if there isn't a bottle of Pleasures on it. :)

nush imogen
nush imogen

Lovely, floral scent, reminds of freshly washed sheets or green meadows in the spring which is exactly the time of the year it should be worn! :)

bflannigan
bflannigan

This was my first real bottle of perfume so it holds a special place in my heart. However, since I first wore this many moons ago I think my body chemistry has changed and now this smells horrible on me. I still love it on other people though!

gemgirl26
gemgirl26

My mom loves this perfume - but only when I wear it! A perfect example of how a perfume works with the body's chemistry. It smells great on me and terrible on her. I don't wear this one all the time, because I think it can be over-powering. However, it has great longevity - lasts for at least an entire day.

juliacat
juliacat

This is my signature perfume, I always come back to it, year after year, just because it`s so amazing! Flowers, sunshine and happiness is what this perfume is all about. It just makes you smile wherever you are when you spray it, it has this amazing "smile" effect on me. Clean, yet with depth, will suit any woman of any age.Happiness in a bottle.

Nernanator
Nernanator

Pleasant usually but almost nauseating on a hot summer day. I admire the scent on other people but wouldn't go out of my way to purchase for myself.

angeldoll
angeldoll

Pleasures has great lasting power:) And i love this perfume.Its very flowery yes,but pretty,soft and elegant scent. Refreshing!

hollyms
hollyms

While it does smell like "fresh flowers after the rain," the problem is I can't see any woman actually WANTING to smell like that - at least not to this extent. So many floral notes make this a rather aged scent.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Just a very pretty, light, floral perfume! No complexity and takes no thought to wear - one of those you can spray and go without thinking too much about it!

There is definitely an undertone of patchouli here in the drydown and I find it peeks through the middle notes as well. I think this is what makes me like this as usually I shy away from florals - especially if they contain jasmine!!

I think this is an all year rounder - but definitely a day fragrance rather than an evening one! I think for the evening I would spray a little Beyond Paradise on top of this!

SPHINX
SPHINX

Too sweet and floral, not to my taste, I used it a loong time ago when I was young and free, but now its way to overpowering and the floral notes hit my temples like a sledge hammer. Its a good fragrance for young innocent girls, but not really a mature independant woman. my opinion.

estker
estker

I tried Pleasures this week. I got a vial as a gift with purchase. It smells different to me than before. It does not have the harsh initial smell that had before. is there any one out there who thinks this perfume has been reformulated to take away the initial, harshness or sharpness? Now it smells soft since the top notes. What do you think?
I like it more now!

imoore

In case you are not willing to pay the premium price for an Estee Lauder to smell like a herbgarden try this one:

Marjolaine
Jean Couturier

crisp floral-green fragrance with top notes of mandarin leaves and wisteria petals, heart notes of lotus flowers, water lily, blue bell, mimosa and sweet marjoram, on base notes of cedar, sandalwood, musk and heliotrope.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

On the US Estée Lauder website one of the reviewers suggested layering Aliage with Pleasures.
I did try this for the last couple of days... and WOW! It's like I have whole new fragrance in my collection. I always felt Aliage to be a bit "butch" and Pleasures to be the most "girly" of all EL's major fragrances. Pleasures brings to Aliage some 1990's clean transparency and a soft musk base and Aliage brings to Pleasures a green opening and accentuates its woody base. I'm not going to go into masculine/feminine, ying/yang crap... but it's how well the 2 work together. It's hard to believe that 2 rather complex fragrances can layer so well, they really become one.

I always have been a fan of Aliage, less so of Pleasures, but this layering thing learned me to appreciate Pleasures in a whole new way.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I remember when Pleasures was released back in '95 and I recall thinking how modern it was. It still is. I find that it suits all seasons and is a good day and night fragrance. Strangely enough, when I smell this I think of pine trees and tinsel at Christmas time. There are several great variations of Pleasures that I'm going to get around to sampling soon...

meret
meret

Pleasures comes across as a faint, strange, weakly sweet scent to me. Doesn't last, doesn't attract, doesn't mean anything. Beats my why it's so popular. It's just like I've just washed my hands --- with a soap I've never seen before.

It's funny that the description is exactly the same as of my favorite perfume S by Escada - it's meant for every woman, every season, every occasion, every place.. Besides that (and few ingredient) these two don't have anything in common. S suits everywhere, Pleasures nowhere (but linen drawer perhaps).

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

My collection of perfumes was over 100 however I have reduced it now to about 30 full sizes with 30 odd mini's. I am only buying fragrances now that I love as opposed to like. I haven't found 'the one' yet, but one of the few that I have re-purchased is Pleasures. It is also one of the few that I have actually been complimented on and rare in that it manages to last on my skin for more than 1 hour. For those reasons alone I have to give it credit. I will always have a bottle in my collection.

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

I like it on others, but not on me. Loved it in the store and that was it. It smelled like aged celery when I wore it. I used it until it was gone (hate being wasteful) but very glad when I gave it the last squirt.

cjgoehner
cjgoehner

I bought this one because my lady friend insisted that she LOVED it. Well it's not the most sexy scent I've experienced on her but she seems rather content with its "light and airy floral expressions" as she likes to say. I tend to agree that it is somewhat unassuming and it does have the staying power for a full day of wearing. Although the floral scents aren't strong it suits her personality very well, flirty without being obvious. Seems to me that what makes her happy will make me happy as well.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Pleasures is basically Intuition without the warmth. It is decidedly "cleaner" in feel than Intuition, and boasts a limited but garrulous array of green florals, including honeysuckle, geranium, freesia, and tuberose. The tuberose is dialed back to the extreme, lending the construct just a touch of earthiness. The geranium, on the other hand, stands in for violet leaf and/or iris in cooling down the composition. I think they would've been better off using either of the other two ingredients instead; Pleasures smells a little too fresh and clean and lacks any real definition in its greenery. The whole thing dries down to a slightly-sour musk. It's okay, but I'd go with Intuition instead.

justaname
justaname

It s actually not just the best scent ever... it is MORE than just a scent, it s a super-fantastic experience !!! The only thing is, that it should be applied with a light hand, if you like, several times repeated over the day. If sprayed too much at ones, it looses its beauty , in fact, it can get completely out of balance and could make you nauseating or give you a headache. But it s miraculous when sparely spent.

Lynn Buck
Lynn Buck

Pleasures was my first "Expensive" perfume I bought for myself. Bought it with my first pay check. I was so proud. I remember I smelt this in a magazine and told my friend about it and SHE BOUGHT IT BEFORE ME!!!!! I was so mad at her....lol. Anyway enough about that. I love this for spring and summer (but will wear it anytime as I love it so.) It used to be my signature fragrance but now Jennifer Aniston's is. It smells just like a beautiful garden. Truly a classic perfume.

Ditto25
Ditto25

I was given a bottle of this when I was 14 and didn't like it much. I think I ended up throwing it away. I smelled it again a few weeks back and I liked it. I wasn't tempted to buy it because I didn't get crazy over it, but it is a pretty floral scent.

MizLiz
MizLiz

They say you should never wear your mother's perfume. I'm not sure who "they" are, but that is the general advice that is doled out. How often I have ignored it! My mother wore Opium for years. It was my second real perfume after Tommy Girl. She wore Shalimar: I consider it my signature scent. She now wears Angel.....that is one place where I fear to tread. Anyway, Pleasures: My mom wore this too, sometime back in the 90s, and I hated it then. I thought it smelled like vegetable water. Then someone gave me a purse-sized bottle. And it's so likeable! Forget the scrubbed-clean Connecticut-blonde-soccer-mom imagery from the ads. This is a lovely, peppery peony! How could I have missed it for so long? Like most Lauder fragrances it lasts practically forever. But unlike some of the others (looking at you, Beautiful) it doesn't feel dated. It's fresh and peppery and fun. I like it!

joduncan74
joduncan74

Being an Estee Lauder fan I hate to say this, but this perfume has always reminded me of cheap bathroom spray, gives me headache, and I cannot tolarate it in close quarters, it literally makes me sick.

There is something that smells very clean and white about this at first, but then the cedar at the drydown ruins it for me, and all I can smell is wood. I would love it if it stayed floral and feminine, and didn't change. I still like it but I don't love it.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I love this smell. It is so feminine and so soft. Estee Lauder makes gorgeous florals. Perfect for spring - or when you need a fresh and floral pick me up

musicaficta
musicaficta

Maybe it's the Golden Retriever puppy... Perhaps it's the thought of lying face up to the sun in a field of flowers. Whatever it is, I am ensnared.

One sniff and I am 21 again, a college student in Berkeley, listening to Judy Collins's Wildflowers, while lying in a fragrant field. Long hair, granny dress and Birkenstocks... it is so--- me.

Although some feel that this is a boring fragrance, to me the pink pepper gives it just enough ZING to keep it from being a blah floral. True, it's not for the red carpet or Royal Wedding, and it's about as alluring as a granny dress. It is a smiling, romantic bouquet of Peonies and Lilly of the Valley.

If I had to chose just one fragrance for everyday use, this would be it. Thank you, Estee Lauder for the trip down memory lane!

Theheartoftheflower
Theheartoftheflower

Every time I wear this perfume, I am suprised again by it's beauty. It's very flowery, fresh and green without being boring and it smells fantastic both during winter and summertime. I can not really detect what flowers are used in tyhis fragrance but I often think I smell Lily of the Vally because it reminds me a bit of Diorissimo. I think this could be a great fragrance for the office, even a great wedding fragrance!
I completely understand why this is so popular and why even Luca Turin is so enthusiastic about this one.

aniston
aniston

I had this when I was in College, got it as a gift (gift set). I didn't know then that it's expensive as judging from the scent and the bottle, it was just okay, nothing special or spectacular about it.
But when may classmate smelled it on me, she went gaga over it and sprayed herself like crazy! That was when I kinda appreciate it.
But I wouldn't buy it for myself, just not worth it IMO.

nicolette09
nicolette09

I doesn't think this suits me and my style, but it is a beautiful perfume. Very feminine and fresh, perfect for spring and summer. It's like a big bouquet of freshly cut flowers and sometimes I detect some kind of sour note, but it's not annoying, but really refreshing. I hope I will love this more, because it's definitely worth it!

ujhb
ujhb

You can tell over the years when a company tries to re-introduce a scent under a different name and perhaps mildly change an ingredient to separate it. Beyond Paradise + Dazzling Silver = Pleasures by EL. The same unflattering rubbing alcohol with flower petals left out in the sun too long. Zero sweetness. This perfume is so strong and it doesn't get better when it dries down, it lasts and lasts and this is a smell you want to go away. I almost felt like spraying this on my skin would burn it because it has that super strong chemical smell too it. Plus the baby being held in the arms of the woman wearing the perfume in the commercial, the baby isn't sleeping, it passed out by this toxic mixture. Yuck.

puppynose
puppynose

"Something about Estee Lauder fragrances makes them better sprayed on objects than wore by people, no?"
Answer: NO!

i like this a lot. estee lauder has such classy perfumes. this one is a spicy (pepper) floral. strong at first and then very feminine and light at drydown. lasting power is very good on me. i could still smell it on my clothes after 8 hrs and very faintly on my skin. this is anything but ordinary, very unique and different. 8.5 out of 10 for me.

sofababe
sofababe

This starts off with soooo much pepper, I nearly washed it off but from the reviews here I said to myself "No, bear with it", I'm glad I did as the drydown is lovely, very feminine and pretty, and worth the wait.

lolalolita
lolalolita

Very good fresh smell look like stay in the garden flowers around you and clean and happy feeling good for spring and summer time.

Siv55
Siv55

Personally I think the dog in the advert was ill-chosen because labradors are amongst the worst smelling dogs ever. Very cute, but they absolutely reek.
And this scent is just flowers. It's like a wet garden. Which is admittedly better than wet dog. But I don't want to smell like either.
I used my mini spray as room freshener.

krissycat
krissycat

Pleasures has got to be one of the best perfumes ever created for a women. It stands the end of time, an extraodinary classic. I think every women should have this perfume. It is definetely a staple in my collection. I smelled this fragrance on a woman I worked with 14 years ago and to this day if I smell this on anybody I immediately know what it is and always breathe in deeply since the scent is so intoxicating. I know this is a grandiose review for a perfume, but Estee Lauder Pleasures deserves the praise.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

This is a mature woman’s scent. Its elegant and noteworthy. This is for the accomplished woman or the new young executive who is wondering how she will fare with the big boys. Do it if you have the courage.

Your aura will render smiles and you will be loved.

EnjoyLife
EnjoyLife

If I should choose only one floral fragrance to my collection I could easily choose this one. Extremely feminine and elegant perfume. It smells heavenly when I've smelled it on others: clean, fresh, slightly greenish, innocent and classical. There is something very comforting in this scent, it's the kind of scent I'd like my babies to remember me when they grow up :)

glamrose
glamrose

An all-time favorite because it is safe to use by anyone. Certainly, every woman's closet or perfume collection has this.

deannab10
deannab10

Estee Lauder Pleasures is my signature scent. On initial application, Pleasures is a very full, fresh floral. Like a dewy flower garden being warmed by the sun after it has rained. Then the dry-down, which is my favorite part of this fragrance, on me develops into a rich, luscious lilac. I love, love, love lilac and I feel so lucky that this is what is accentuated on my skin when I wear Pleasures. It stirs my senses every time a get a whiff of it.

Whenever I am in my office at work and I am wearing Pleasures, someone inevitably stops at my door and comments about how good it smells. I often receive compliments when I wear this fragrance :)

Kreen
Kreen

This is one of the most unique scents I have ever encountered, and it is definitely a favourite of mine. Unfortunely, I am strangely allergic to it. It wreaks havoc on my sinuses and leaves me in a sneezing heap. It is truly heartbreaking.

perfumeluver
perfumeluver

Oh I love this stuff. It's very floral and refreshing and it does NOT smell like an old lady like some people have said.

DreamParis
DreamParis

I went to the fragance shop of my town yesterday and tried this one.
It's a authentic floral perfume and i think it goes well if you're kinda of girl feeling mature and sophisticated but at the same time romantic..gives you a special allure.
when i got home i smelled my wristle again and actually i thought it was barely mixed up fragrance..couldnt'n get any specific flower but a real mess of notes which confused me.
Anyway it's a good choice an sillage it's durable. The best fits on females up to 25 years in my opinion.

onimoka
onimoka

You know what....I was looking on "mysummernights" review about this fragrance and i realised that i feel samme about it too. It is reminding of my mom and my childhood.
Soft, light,clean, i have this one for spring and summer.

mysummernights
mysummernights

My mother used to wear this when I was young, and I use to sneak into her bedroom to play with the bottle while inhaling it's contents. I love the shape, very simple but elegant to hold. I always loved the way it smelled on her. I just ordered a bottle of it for nostalgia's sake.

Gillie
Gillie

In the early 90's I stopped a woman passing me to ask what the lovely fragrance she was wearing was--she replied that it was Pleasures and that her husband had just given it to her as a present after the birth of their second child. I bought Pleasures then, and wore it for some time.

Recently, I received a sample in an Estee Lauder order and I decided to try it again today, after all these years, despite the fact that I mostly wear Chanel No. 19, spare, chic and green. The glorious lush top notes of tuberose and freesia, followed by lily are all there, strong and singing. But what makes this perfume for me, and what attracted me all those years ago, is something pale, silvery and metallic that underlies the the floral. Is it the pepper? Or the musk? It reminds me of my mother's elegant leather change purses, when I was very small, lined with satin and containing a handkerchief dabbed with one of her favourites (Joy?), topped with a metal double clasp (I must have licked the clasp, whilst smelling the interior). Or the contrast of white single pearl earrings set on bright gold posts.

We took a mountain walk after I sprayed. Obviously good sillage, as my husband commented on it as we walked. It was cold and the sky was white. It started to snow very hard as we passed through a little cemetery, white punctuated by the occasional bright bouquet of flowers on a grave. I stood under a tree in the silence, a cloud of Pleasures floating around me. It couldn't have been better offset by the cold silence, the low white sky and the heavy snow. Its richness in the ice cold was delicious.

I have just returned, dried off and warmed up and the jasmine, lilac and peony are hanging on, but gently, and always that sharp metallic glint underneath.

It really is still a lovely perfume. Perhaps not something I would wear frequently, but at moments when I wanted something uplifting. I love the contrast of metal and flowers, like the snow falling on the bouquets in the graveyard.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Yow! 10 minutes of serious mouth breathing before I was even able to begin analyzing this perfume. It is very definitely not suiting this particular woman in every season at every time. (Seriously? Estee--get some better marketing people.) This opens with a tidal wave of lily--lots and lots and lots and lots of lily. When that finally begins to calm down the peony shows up. At this point two sickly-sweet white flowers start a cat fight in your nose. Jasmine is certainly not going to pass up a sticky opportunity like that so it jumps right in.
Theoretically there's pepper, geranium and sandalwood in this scent. Any and all would be welcome to temper the florals but I haven't been able to find them with two hours gone by. If you've always wanted to say "this is the whitest floral in the world" you've found your scent. Otherwise I'd suggest you tread lightly.
Sillage: I expect my neighbor to come over and ask what I'm wearing
Durability: many hand washings later, it's still going
Fabulosity: in a RuPaul kind of way
Price to value ratio: I dislike it to much to analyze
For me, 1/10

LaPetite
LaPetite

I discovered this on a magazine sample ad , and i loved it right away !
Quite a classical from Estee Lauder , floral aquatic. It even seemed powdry to me . It's an easy to wear perfume , fits all ages . It lacks a bit of fantasy however.

edensmom
edensmom

it is a wonderfully bright fragrance, like holding an armload of fresh cut spring blossoms. I wear springy summery frangrances in the winter for an instant mood boost!! this is fabulous. but not for the fragrance shy it is bold!!

larali
larali

My mother used to wear Pleasures and Youth Dew. While this is a nice scent, I agree with others that it is simply uninspiring. I tried both Pleasures and Youth Dew at the counter the other day, couldn't even recall the Pleasures, but the Youth Dew brought back memories. Pretty but forgettable, in my opinion.

La Moon
La Moon

I fell in love with this when was 7 To this day this perfume is the closest perfume I have smelled that Just is pure rose petal scent with waterlily and green grass along with it. It's just so fresh and floral.. If lasts a long time through the day.. I just wanna have champagne with it . I love it .. Still beautiful after 15 yrs :)

crysna
crysna

i love love love it! is a truly pleasure wear this fragrance i always go back to this parfum, if u like floral and refreshing fragrances this is the one for u!!!

xanman

This is my favorite scent-on other women.I can't count the times that I have been captivated by this fragrance.At work,at church,the mall,the street,whenever I catch a whiff of this,it instantly transports me to green meadow where the most beautiful smelling flowers ever created exist- bathed in a spring rain,so fresh so pure,so wonderful I feel that I am inhaling an essence of Heaven.It should be quite apparent I love this perfume on others, but on myself it smells rancid, stale,it just sits on my skin and does'nt develop.Too bad. Some day maybe I'll find a scent comparable to this that compliments my own personal chemistry. Until then i will just havr to enjoy it on others...

Pleasures is one of those perfumes that confuses me. I love the scent. There's nothing not to like. It reminds me of clean air and fields dotted with colorful wildflowers. It's very feminine and gentle.

But for some reason I could never bring myself to buy it. I guess there was always another perfume more irresistible, and I would buy the other one when forced to choose.

Sassy1
Sassy1

What can I say...it smells like a field of flowers with some grass thrown in. Light and airy, it's a delicate skin scent more appropriate for a young girl I think. Add some ginger and you'd have SJP's Lovely.
I can't see any circumstance or situation where this scent would be wearable for me. It doesn't have enough backbone or personality.
I quit wearing frilly sundresses years ago...

romrom
romrom

I love it !!! it makes me think of my first crush way back in high school.
( it's been 12 years since high school)
It's a wonderful scent, I will always love it because it takes me back to a wonderful time in my life

guest_emie
guest_emie

its amazing how many bad reviews this perfume is getting!
its by far my favourite perfume. For two years i've been searching for a new scent (and trust me, i work in a place where i have access to some of the best perfumes in the world.) and nothing quite touches its signature.
It's one of a kind, the first real acqeous floral that struck a chord on the market.
what also suprises me is the comments about it not being sexy. to be quite honest that depends on the person wearing it and how it makes them feel.
pleasures, to me, is sexy and sensual, like walking through wild flowers when the rain has just fallen. Its bold, wild, delicious, sensual and unmistakable. I wore it as a teen and still love it. its timeless.

Désirée

Today, a wind of "Pleasures" came to me in a concert hall and I suddenly remembered how lovely it was and how it suited to such semi-formal, serious and artistic occasions.

I came home and read the reviews and I am surprised by the "ordinary floral" comments.

Pleasures is so far from being ordinary. It is one of the most beautiful, clean and elegant florals I have ever tried. The only bad thing about it, is its sharpness. It gives me a headache and I strongly recommend you to use it sparingly.

I just wanted to say, if the reason you don't buy this fragrance is the "ordinary" comments, please ignore them and enjoy this beautiful fragrance. I stand behind my beloved Pleasures. It was the elegant companion of my younger (teenager) years. People used to comment how beautiful I smelled for all the time. It has been the symbol of innocence, pureness and elegance for me. I remember it as a charming, sharply clean, beautiful floral. Surely, this perfume deserves better comments..

secretcrush
secretcrush

I just pulled out my bottle Pleasures that I never officially wore since buying in the spring... This is such a fresh, clean and invigorating fragrance I can definitely see why it is considered a classic by many... I'm kinda sad I didnt get a chance to enjoy it this spring and summer, but that wont stop me from plotting for next year lol...

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

As others have noted, this is one of those scents which is just, well, a bit 'blah'. It's nice enough and completely and utterly inoffensive (so a safe gift choice for sure), but there's just nothing about it which screams "wear me, I'll make your life lovelier and people will want to know what I am!" ...and ultimately most of us are looking for something a little more special I think.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Pleasures is so generically flowery, bland and annoying that I can't understand why it's as popular as it seems to be! One theory I have is that a lot of women might like it because it's "inoffensive" and floral, which is the kind of perfume that seems to appeal to many women, especially more mature ones.

Personally, I do find Pleasures offensive because it's so irritatingly flowery and kind of strong so it's hard to escape the smell! I had a bottle ages ago but never wore it because increasingly I found the smell really annoying, so I finally gave it away because I knew I could never wear it. To me it was like being suffocated by flowers and I can never pick up any fruits in it at all so I'm surprised to see that, supposedly, it contains some kind of berries.

Why anyone would want to spend quite a lot of money on such a wishy-washy, insipid perfume is beyond me. I agree with Sunshine and Roses that the price of Pleasures might be pretty average but still, it costs too much for what is essentially an incredibly bland, over-flowery and annoying perfume. From what I can see on here it costs around $65 for a 3.4oz bottle in the U.S. but personally, I think it smells like a bargain basement perfume and I don't think it even smells as good as some $20 perfumes! Romance by Ralph Lauren is in the same kind of price range but the difference between that and Pleasures is that Romance is actually a very lovely floral perfume with some character so it's actually worth the price.

Pleasures is, for me, a perfume that gets a massive thumbs down!

adele l
adele l

This is a lovely, dewy green floral. In fact the flowers are quite subtle and it's quite fresh(but not ozonic). For some reason I don't love it but it's really pleasant. Smells summery but not tropical.

melia
melia

Pleasures is the kind of perfume which gives you this instant just-out-of-the-shower-boost. I think it's great to spray in your hair or on clothes to give everything a little bit of sparkle. It reminds me a bit of e. ardens 5th avenue, which is actually a pity, because that means this would be another floral I really like, but another which does not mean anything to me and makes me wanna finish the bottle as soon as possible just because it is not essential to have it.

I used to wear Estee Lauder PLEASURES--for about one-third of my 100ml bottle. Then suddenly I stopped, hit the wall, and decided that I did not like it anymore. Today I have initiated an investigation with the aim of determining why.

The opening of PLEASURES is really very nice. I love the mingling flowers, including lily of the valley, one of my favorites, and the clean freshness which is somehow neither soapy nor green.

The problem for my nose begins, I think, with the creeping pink pepper, which grows stronger and stronger until it overtakes the flowers and turns PLEASURES into an entirely different scent. What appears to have happened is my cells have now accepted the maximum (nonlethal) concentration of pink pepper and will accept no more! This also serves to explain, I believe, why I don't like pink pepper frags in general.

A male friend of mine, who was staying at my place for a few weeks this summer, was trying out some of my perfume minis strewn about, and, to my great surprise, he fell in love with PLEASURES. This was good news for me, as I had finally found a use for the collection of purse sprays accumulated over years of EL gwps (they have mastered the market art of sample saturation...). After I got over my initial shock, I realized that the truth is that, all marketing hype and Gywneth Paltrow aside, PLEASURES is a unisex scent.

So, that said, guys may want to give this one a try, keeping in mind that the floral opening will not abide and that you must like pink pepper in order to tolerate this composition through to the end.

elusivek
elusivek

It reminds me of walking through a very fragrant garden after the rain (minus the ozone note). Light, spring, happy. It's a little too cloying for me to wear but it reminds me of my mom because she loved the spring flowers so.

janudy
janudy

This was the first perfume that I ever owned. I bought senior year of high school and wore it through college--and loved it. I thought it was so feminine and soft. It also doesn't spoil! Before I knew all about how to store perfumes, I left Pleasure out in the open and it smelled good through college. I miss it now that it's gone and there are a lot of good memories attached to that scent. Maybe when I'm old and gray I'll buy a bottle and remember my college days.

Désirée

Feminity and elegance in a bottle. There is nothing "sweet" in this perfume but somehow it manages to be very feminine without being flirtatious.
It is very distinct,striking and long lasting. 2-3 spritz spritz goes a long way.

I have used this perfume in my teens. I was very attached to it and after using it for a while, I have noticed that this perfume became a part of me. Because I was able to smell it even I didn't wear it that day. It was interesting.. (My boyfriend was crazy about this perfume too. I have seen that men really like this one.)

I identify this scent with the characters of the 19th century English novels. (like Jane Eyre) Because to me, Pleasures is a little nostalgic, very elegant, well groomed and a very romantic perfume with no extreme edges but with a great, decisive character. Very lady-like and noble.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

There's nothing soapy in this. it is a classy floral fragrance. All flowers in the world are here. Hmm...so beautiful, fresh, classy and feminine. Too bad it doesn't last long.

pansylady
pansylady

I'm confused by this fragrance- when it first came out, I thought it was a new and improved Beautiful, with a pronounced citrus kick- imagine my surprise when I saw the list of notes and saw not one citrus fruit among them...

imoore

I like it, but it turns heads the wrong way!
pepper with grass and I would not call this a floral fragrance more like an aromatic-green

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

soap , soap, soap, oh and more soap! so annoying.. that's only what i can get. personally, i wouldn't like to smell like soap. it made me wanna have i shower. that level of cleanness makes me confused, for me fresh it's light citruses fragrances.

i cant like any of this series, except the exotic pleasures. for me, it has the best of both worlds: the paradisiac side of flower fields with i little bit of fun and colors (:

xs
xs

This perfume is so delightfull.
It is quite fresh and soapy and it's even better after a few hours. I really really like it.

bombshellbetsy
bombshellbetsy

I have this for a very specific purpose: after a bath, at night, when I'm about to climb into clean sheets. That's it! But it is worth it :)

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

I wear this one, when I do not want to smell like I am wearing a perfume. It's a clean fragrance, lily of the valley is the most prominent on my skin; non-offensive, works in the office environment. As with the most EL perfumes, this one needs a light hand.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Absolutely gorgeous. My Mother wore this perfume in the mid-to-late 1990s, so I still associate this scent with hugs from her.

Roses, freesia and lily of the valley are most prominent for me in the top and middle notes. The roses are so lovely; Pleasures has captured a true rose scent, straight out of an English garden.

In the dry down, I smell lilac and lily, but the green notes balance the floral notes. It's a beautifully crafted floral perfume that reminds me of fresh gardens in the early summer.

Pleasures is indeed a pleasure to wear, perfect for days when you want to feel feminine and pretty.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This smells exactly like the old purple lilac tree at the end of my parents garden. Lovely

NatWeb
NatWeb

Absolutely bloody revolting. Incredibly strong, like being drowned in white flowers, and makes me gag every time i smell it. Cannot stand it one single bit (however my mother loves it).

Sissi
Sissi

I'm Picturing Late Spring May Walking
through the tall Grass with Pink Flowers
Yellow and white Daisies over me and the playling of the Beatles Song
Here There and Everywhere playing softly
in the backround. and then you lay on the grass feeling it Between your Fingers enjoying the scent of flowers
basking in the warm but not hot Sun.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

Very clean and fresh. Reminds me a lot of White Linen. This one will forever remind me of my beautiful Grandmother...Who is ultra-stylish, has gorgeous white hair and just happens to love the color white. She is a class act and she loves this one. I used to go over to her vanity with all the perfumes on it and always choose this one, because it reminded me of her, she wore it that much. One visit, she surprised me with my very own bottle. I don't wear it as much as I used to. It is quite strong and somehow I'm not "feeling" it at this stage of my life. But I keep it like I keep a photo...to preserve beautiful memories of the special love and relationship I have with my grandmother.

nyoka
nyoka

One of my favorites.Ihavenot found many scents with peony in the first notes(if you know one let meknow)so I love this one.its almost like a sister to beautiful.i enjoy it and love it.lasts a long time.apply sparingly.

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

I picked up this perfume for my wedding and I still believe it was the right choice.No regrets!Just one point, it's not longlasting. You have to carry with you all day long!

sugarplumjabba
sugarplumjabba

Memories ... oh the memories this brings back. WONDERFUL lilac smell and it lasts forever. My first time owning this was almost 10 years ago, however I am a person who tends to associate certain fragrances with certain people, this was no exception, and I tried to wear it again about 4 years later and just couldn't. It's a lovely floral fragrance, and I just loved it ... but I'm one of those olfactory association people, so this one is a no-go for me now !

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

A perfume for an hour...
for an hour I enjoy fresh lilac smell, and then it turns soapy and it's time for me to get in the shower to wash it off. I am so sad that I cannot enjoy this wonderful lilac for a longer time!

guest_angel
guest_angel

Got this for Christmas .... it's a strong, very peppery floral, reminds me a little of Arden's Blue Grass in the way the floral notes are bright, zingy and sharp rather than soft, and like Blue Grass you only need a very tiny amount - any more and the pepper will overwhelm you!

I totally agree with the review below that finds the floral notes more like wild flowers growing in a meadow than the garden variety ... that's an excellent analogy for this beautiful blend. This is a scent for women who really love opinionated florals!

Citronella
Citronella

Have used several bottles of Pleasures, not because it's the best--although it includes some of my favourite notes--but because it has always seemed an appropriate choice. I've worn it all seasons, at lots of different types of occasions and always felt really comfortable. Feminine, floral and long-lasting but not overwhelming.

Malegria
Malegria

It is growing on me.
I always overlooked it and thought it pleasant but ordinary - pretty flowers, a bit of musk, blaaaaah.And everyone was wearing it! I guess I wanted to be different.
But as I grew older - something happened. I noticed a beauty in it that I could not appreciate before. The flowers are not refined and garden variety-like, they are wild, growing in the meadow along with wormwood, dandelions and their kind. I think it`s the geranium, thrown in the midst of roses and peony, that does the trick!

So I changed my mind about it. May be it`s not very glamorous and not sexy, but it has something to it.

falovalo
falovalo

It smells nice but it's a bit boring. It is feminine and pleasant, so it would probably suit someone who loves big floral scents.

Halvah
Halvah

It's a charming floral fragrance, fresh and happy and feminine. It can get a bit sour when using too much, so better to use sparingly. You can easily do that because it's very long lasting and strong enough to smell it even next day. One of the perfumes which make me always smile when wearing them:)

capless
capless

I complimented my mother in law on her perfume and ever since she gives me a bottle each year like clockwork. I don't dislike it especially I just don't like it all that much. It has an almost chemical or burnt smell to it. I really don't pick up and florals at all. I don't care much for the Estee Lauder line except for White Linen Emerald Dream which is a real favorite of mine.

amelie
amelie

So romantic, creamy and ultrafeminine fragrance!I love this specific aroma, initial note is fresh and quite interesting, Lauder could perhaps throw some light fruit bar, but this is very good, very flowery, nice perfume and is very stable. Particularly good just everything from Pleasures body line (body lotion, bath gel & body talc).
To me this is one of the most beautiful floral aroma, everlasting elegance, the most beautiful in spring and autumn.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I love peonies, and I don't smell them either....It could be a nice fresh smell if the green notes weren't so sharp and overwhelming...
I get no pleasure from Pleasures.I have trouble imagining liking the smell on someone else, but it must work for someone!

Elue
Elue

Wonderful, elegant floral fragrance. I have so many memories attached to this. I don't agree with the "boring" comments. This is a great gift idea for a classy lady.

alexandragreece
alexandragreece

it surely is a frangrance which brings you pleasure! its not sexy -men dont prefer it- but still its very sophisticated feminine and unique as a floral scent! ideal for the office during springtime it will lift your mood up even on a rainy day!oh, so fresh! plus,the most important thing of all; its like you just got out of the shower ! in a few words? Long-lasting floral cleaniness! You'll love it!

ydee
ydee

The notes are attractive to me so I thought would like this one. Test my vial on a nice card.
Top: grass, very green, little lily of the valley turns to fresh cut grass again.
Middle: cut grass, fresh cut grass and more grass, very light a little hint of flowers, bit sweet, but doesn't sprankle at all as I expected.
Base: Very soft flowerly and grassy meadow.
I like the smell of fresh cut grass, it comes up in several perfumes I owe, but as much as this never smelled befor, sorry would not buy.

wehveasituation
wehveasituation

I received this perfume as a gift. Actually it was one of the very first perfumes I started wearing. But it soon got annoying because the smell was just TOO long-lasting. You don't have to spray very much at all. It reminds me of more of an older woman fragrance to be exact. I think I was just too young to be wearing it; It just didn't work for me.

It's a strong scent that should only be worn on certain occasions, in my opinion.

OZ
OZ

I used to love this perfume but the more I smell it, the more I dislike it, I agree with Marianne, it kinda gets on your nerve if you smell it too much. It smells pretty strong for me and I keep picking up some weird notes.

Mals86
Mals86

I don't care for Pleasures; I never have. I wanted to like it, but I simply don't. I find it far too bitter (although I do like it better than the original White Linen, which I find to be both soapy and sour).

I am a big peony fan, and I never smell peonies in Pleasures - I mostly get rose, a bitter green harsh rose.

Having said that, I have to comment that I've smelled it on other people, and it seems to smell great on them!

tatyin
tatyin

Very elegant smell. Like the smell of the garden after rain. I get noticed every time i wear it. I save this for special occasion.

There must be something about the way Estee Lauder manufactures her fragrances, because there is always a distinctive note that I can detect in every one of her perfumes.

I think Pleasures is a lovely floral, everyday scent. It's just so light and pretty that it's hard not to be drawn to this fragrance. I think anyone past their teen years would smell lovely wearing this. It is in no way an "old lady scent" like some people assume it might be.

Like all Estee Lauder fragrances, Pleasures has great lasting power, so great that you can still smell the scent 24 hours after applying it. However, I think the price is a little outrageous, which is the only thing about Pleasures that bothers me. It's a nice fragrance, but not one I'm prepared to pay $120 AUD for.

moonflower143
moonflower143

I liked this perfume before, i liked its clean sweet smell but my body chemistry seemed to changed and this perfume just smelled flat on my skin.

holanda79
holanda79

It is sweet and tender smell. I guess it was created to show the women's innocence.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I have been buying perfume after perfume looking for a signature scent and I was never interested in Estee Lauder because I always thought "old lady scents" well I feel silly now! I sampled this Pleasures in a magazine today and oh I want this perfume now! It could be my signature scent it was so pretty! So floral and delicious! I am going to purchase this from now on!

virginia
virginia

A fresh, thick bouquet, packed with clean-smelling flowers. The composition is harmonious, pleasant enough and inoffensive, but there's nothing terribly exciting going on here. Very prim and proper in a '90s way. My pet peeve with it is the lingering peppery note, which is meant to enliven the scent, I guess, but I just find it irritating.

flugeltje013
flugeltje013

I normally don't like florals, but this is very nice. It's so clean and fresh, reminds me of spring, and freshly washed towels or something... Musky too. Subtle and easy on the nose. Reminds me a little of "Ô" de Lancome too.

alicektn
alicektn

I cant decide if I like it or not.

It reminds me of rain, which is good, but there is one note that i find annoying sometimes.

I think I will test it again to give it one more chance.

NosyNellie
NosyNellie

A friend gave me a sample spray bottle of Pleasures. When I smelled the nozzle I was I intrigued because it seemed to have some of fragrance notes I liked. I sprayed it and I was disappointed. It had a gritty metallic opening. Then a bitter, self-conscious “outdoorsy-clean” showed up and it smelled like shampoo or laundry detergent. Then it mutated to an almost I insecticide smell. Many hours later, it smelled like brass. I smelled no flowers in it at all, just grittiness.

One of my all time favorites is the ORIGINAL Estee Lauder White Linen. If morning dew, with it’s remembrances of night and reflections of the brilliant sun at dawn, had a fragrance, this would be it.

essija
essija

OK, how many people owned this? I think everybody I knew including me (hanging my head down shaking) I was young thats all I'm saying. Sorry for those who love this (really) Its soo blah... boring... try something with an edge. this really isn't all that great. but I don't hate it, I mean it doesn't repel me, just bores me...

dovey
dovey

classy...elegant.....heavenly...one of the best perfumes ever made:)

rieuse
rieuse

Pleasures is a heaven symphony. First off, because of its excellent staying power. Second, this fragrance is very universal: it may be worn to the office or, if sprayed more, even to some special occasion. Like an unsolved mystery the floral notes capture you with a hint of seduction. It's a must-have for everyone.

sealprincess
sealprincess

This is such a favorite of mine. This was the first "expensive" perfume I bought for myself. I wore it to my graduation. This is such a nice, romantic scent. I feel confidente when I wear it.

Marianne
Marianne

I first had the pleasures exotic version and when I tried this, I found out that it is really true that pleasures exotic is related to this one, but more easy-going, fresh and fruity. Pleasures is OK but by the time you smell it every day, it might get on your nerves...

Aiona
Aiona

This perfume smells like the peonies that grew in the backyard garden in one of my old houses. I think the name is "Butterfly Peonies," but I'm not sure. The problem is, I hate smelling like everyone else, and so, although I've received this perfume as a gift, MULTIPLE TIMES, I don't wear it outside of the house.

guest_Kali
guest_Kali

I don't care for it on me, but I love to smell this on others. It reminds me of green grass and flowerbeds.

mashalisac
mashalisac

I LOVE this perfume. It is very delightful and elegant. It reflects my personality. This is the only perfume I'll ever use.

2007

Pleasures by Estée Lauder 3.56 out of 5 based on 2455 ratings and 291 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Pleasures fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Pleasures, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pleasures by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pleasures by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.