Designers » D E » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Pleasures Delight Estée Lauder for women
dislike

caramel
Pleasures Delight Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Pleasures Delight by Estée Lauder is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women. Pleasures Delight was launched in 2007. Top notes are pomegranate, freesia, wild strawberry and green notes; middle notes are lily, peony, heliotrope and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are patchouli, marshmallow, vanilla, caramel, rose and sugar.

Pomegranate Freesia Wild Strawberry Green Notes

Lily Peony Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley

Patchouli Marshmallow Vanilla Caramel Rose Sugar

Femme Individuelle

Pleasures Delight Fragrance Reviews

Amarah
Amarah

Pleasures Delight is such a delicious and addictive scent! Sweet sugary strawberries, pink Marshmallow topped with a boozy sugar syrup surrounded by flirty florals and Patchouli basically sums up this fragrance. It is a yummy desert without it being too foody. A sugary treat to lift your moods :) It lasts a long time on my skin and the longer it is on my skin, the more scrumptious it becomes!

biscuit_
biscuit_

I cant even sniff the bottle of this perfume, and it gives me a headache. It smells kind of cheap, but not as cheap as a cheap perfume. I love the sweet smells but I cant stand for this one.

teadrinker
teadrinker

A very pretty light floral scent with a distinct sweet note. This is a very "pink" fragrance- kind of girly, like sweet pink flowers. It works nicely as an everyday scent, not too heavy. I wish it lasted a bit longer, but it's very pleasant to wear.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

The notes on this perfume are completely up my alley, but sadly the perfume was not. I was lucky to find an old tester of this to try (my friend works for Estee Lauder) and although I like the idea of it, it is extremely sweet, headache inducing, and overpowering. Maybe it's just me, but this one is STRONG, and not in a good way. I think if I spritzed the room with it, I would like it, but even just having a tiny spray on the back of my hand is making me nauseated. I think I will just stick with Miss Dior Cherie!

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

Pleasures Delight is strawberry-vanilla swirl, not too sweet, not too gourmandish, well-balanced scent.
I think it's the best of pleasures lines, however sadly it disappeared from EL site maybe it's been discontinued. It's one of the best floral-fruity-gourmand perfume. Very typical lovely pink angelic scent.

HelloCoffee
HelloCoffee

I absolutely adore this! It's sweet, but not in an overwhelming or immature way. The patchouli is a great foundation for the caramel, berry and rose….and the marshmallow! A mature sweet fragrance. They picked the best name for this perfume, as it is delightful! I can't help but feel happy, sweet and feminine when I wear this.

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

<333 <333 My gahhh this perfume smells soo good!! I love it. Beautiful light powdery sweet, fruity, floral, and a hint of like spicy caramel. They need to bring this back!

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

A really nice combo of notes. Heaps of patchouli, lots of strawberry and pomegranate and a helping of gourmand vanilla/caramel/marshmallow. Not too sugary and unique for what it is. This is good!

I have a mini but not sure it's memorable enough for a FB. I smell really good right now though! Hmmm...

bonnie003
bonnie003

Yumm..Im a sugar head and I do like this very much, but ..the spice at the end kinda gives it a "end of a summer carnival" smell..sweets, summer fruits and clean sweat!

A big YES from my skin. this is really delight.it's sugary,fruity and delicious, also add some drops of fresh notes to make it more playfull and you'll have pleasures delight.
the opening smells like strawberry, sourcherry jam which is very welcoming in my opinion. it follows by fresh floral smelling, but the gourmand notes never fade away.
what distincts this perfume from other sweet perfumes in stores is it's balance. it's very well blended.it's girlish without being chilish,it's sweet without being too harsh.it's just balanced and the good news is that the sillage and long lasting power are acceptable in compare with so many other fragrances with the same vibe.

Hazirah12
Hazirah12

This was actually my first perfume. I find it very strong, but really sweet and girly and I love it! It was love at first sniff for me. Just what I had expected while looking at the ad photo, with the sweet cupcakes and all things sweet and floral.

Highly recommended for the sweet gourmand scent lovers. I would usually wear this on a date or special occasions where I want to feel very sweet and girly, but slightly sophisticated without being childish like most sweet gourmand scents usually smells.

ForrealMe2

its been awhile since i wore this..but i am just reminded why i really love this one..the marshmallow is so nice in this

Very fruity, very sweet, very patchouli.
It don't find this to be a dupe for Angel, honestly, because it lacks cinnamon and chocolate and the patchouli mellows quite a bit with time, but yes, if you hate Angel you will hate this too. If you didn't get that from patchouli being the 2nd strongest note listed.
It has some lovely green facets and a tart strawberry and pomegranate notes.
Gourmand, but grown up. Soft, with a slight edge.
If you're looking for a dupe try Arome Seduction by Jeanne Arthes, it's pretty much the same. Patchouli is a bit stronger, the strawberry is a bit sweeter but it would fool most noses and runs about $10 for a 3.3 oz.

LoveGenerating
LoveGenerating

Definitely smells like Angel.

ForrealMe2

Me and my daughter really love this as the days pass and we get to smell it more and more..its so sweet and it lingers and the grapefruit citrus takes the sweetness up another level..very lively,comforting scent that revives you and grows more and more on you..Great Job Estee Lauder..!
This fragrance is really good its basically Thierry Mugler's lighter version of Angel with grapefruit or definately some citrusy scent..its a very fruity gourmand..and what makes it soo much like Angel is the honey note that is in it that makes it so sweet but not as cloying as Angel even though i love that scent...i personally wanted to see if there was another dupe to Angel..and this is about 50% there..pretty shocked by it...if you love angel but want a fresher twist to it go with this...i can see why people are calling it angelbomb in conjunction with flowerbomb because of the freshness but it doesn't have that full flowerbomb sweetness i like just the freshness...i am trying to collect more of the scents that are popular but not so idolized like britneys and jessica's although i love them and use to own them all i am trying to find alternatives to them as i can't wear those anymore but as i find dupes or alternatives they actually are very close or a more grown up interpretation of it which is a good change for me as i am getting older and want to develope my tastes...like i love Hidden & Circus Fantasy and so i got Amor Amor..something different then the regulars everyone is buying even though Amor Amor is a bit popular because it smells so good...I only have so many fragrances that actually stimulate me and make me smile..i can't believe this is one of them!

Update..this is smelling more and more like Angel with a twist...I really think i like this better...its a strong scent...not as strong as Angel but very close i give it about 65-75% minimum on it being not only closer to Angel but strength as well...not for the faint hearted.

kai.laidla
kai.laidla

Confusing scent and that is why I like it! Pomegranate, marshmallow, wild strawberry, sugar and caramel - isn't that a fun combination?
My mother and grandmother have also used it and that tells a lot about this scent - 3 different generations and the same fragrance, that doesn't happen much, right? :)

If You like fresh and flowery (white flowers) scents then do not touch it, if You like crazy and sweet scents, then this is something You should probably try.

It is not my signature fragrance, but I'm still happy that it was created and somehow this scent makes me always happy, even on others. :)

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

WOW how perfectly gorgeous and delicious.Vanilla and fruits mingles just right to smell softly sensual and delicious

amelie

I would only add to an earlier review - Pleasures Delight is definitely a perfume for women, not girlish at all, although gourmand fruity, has some seriousness ... a bit strange and not so typical Estee Lauder, but surprises are always welcome, I mean good, enjoy!

TRIIRIS94
TRIIRIS94

Too heavy,too sweet.Smells like a cake.I didn't like it at all.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

This fragrance would have been perfect without the patchouli! They should have replaced it with something like gardenia or a strong white floral that would have made this smell amazing. However thanks to the patchouli mixed with caramel and strawberry it smells like my all time enemy - Angel. Sadly I cannot force myself to like it. If you like angel though and would like a good daytime subsitute, PD is the one :)

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I LOVE this scent for cooler weather- fall and winter. It is beautiful. It should get more praise and popularity than it does. It's quality is stunning- because it lasts forever and it has great throw. Do not overspray or you may get nauseous. I can mostly smell patchouli blended with marshmallow, vanilla and a combination of both the pomegranate & strawberry (red, sweet fruits). This makes for a delicious combination that smells sweet but more on the sophisticated end. I remember my Dad commenting on this perfume one day and saying "Wow, that is a powerful perfume you have on, it must be so hard for people to resist coming closer"! LOL.."Pleasures Delight" is unforgettable, and really like nothing else in my opinion!

smellME
smellME

This is similar to Miracle Forever wich I love, though this is a lot of strawberry in the beginning, MF is stronger and more longlasting. I can se the comparisition to angel that some made, but that is o so little and Lolitas version - no can´t detect any similarity...
This is warm strawberry pie fading to a rose and patcholie matrimony. This can possibly be layered with Miracle forever when dusk is arriving.
I will sure try. If you love strawberry, rose and mixed scents, you will probably like it, but it´s a day scent for me.. Nice -
I love these strawberry ones !
Klaudiaf stole this from me... arrgghh !!!

rosecat
rosecat

After reading good reviews & suggestions re: strawberry & Marshmellows, I thought I try this! Sadly I do not like this at all... I don't get any Marshmellows or strawberry or yummy gourmand notes, None at all! What I do get is the synthetic notes of patchouli, a sweet toffee and sour fruit - possibly the pomegranate, overall a warm composition but its nothing new! It smells exactly like Thierry's Angel..which I dislike, and similar notes of Lempikas range. So if you do like Angel, Lolita lempika types fragrances than you will like this.

Raconteur
Raconteur

Very sweet but in some moments strong flowery hints. Very long lasting, with this those who like strong, overpowering perfumes, can't go wrong.

Sweet strawberry fragrance.

The strawberry, peony, caramel, marshmellow, vanilla and patchouli notes are the most noticeable in this fragrance.

Actually, I'm not sure that I want to smell this strawberry delight. Not my cup of tea.

gelato
gelato

This is a young and girly version of the original Pleasures perfume (which is like Delight's older sister in comparison). It smells lovely, fruity and sweet but not like a stereotypical bubblegum pop celebrity perfume. It does smell strong though so a couple of sprays is enough. Plus, I like how all the notes intervene so beautifully and smoothly and you don't get like a sharp, jerky transition between the notes. Some people might say this is unoriginal but this is definitely an intense gourmand scent...YUMMMM!

mellymel
mellymel

I soo love this perfume!!!!!!!!!!!!
but on me it smells really sour and different from the testing paper.......... :(((((((((((
I'm so saaad because I wanted to wear it on my wedding day :((

sarage
sarage

This lovely fragrance was recommended to me by Fragrantica members and I went to test it. Pleasures Delight is truly worth it's name! The lovely blend of marshmallow, strawberry, caramel, patchouli, rose.. everything I love combined in one, beautiful bottle.
Such a strong, sweet very feminine fragrance. Nothing shy about this, it really emphasizes the fact you are a woman.
A must have for me.

anamalia
anamalia

Pleasures delight is a very fresh scent, although not in a citrusy way. It opens with a fresh green note, and smells almost masculine at first. It is quite robust smelling, and not a very sheer scent as I thought it would be. It has quite a strong and developed scent. It isnt as youthful as i thought it would have been as well. It is still quite a pleasant scent, and is suitable for day use or even night use, but it does not last very long.

lili1912
lili1912

Delicious. Such a delicious fragrance, and dries down to a soft sweet smell that lasts all day. Blends very well w my chemistry. I have tried to switch to other perfumes but always come back to this one. I really hope they dont discontinue this. I receive so many compliments w this. Absolute favorite. It is appropriate for any occasion, I wear it year round to work/out/etc.
For reference, I also like Flowerbomb but it does not blend as well with my chemistry as this one. This Pleasures Delight is the perfect blend (for me - I know everyone's chemistry is different).

iHeartMoschino05
iHeartMoschino05

Fell in love with this when I smelled it on the magazine ad. It just smells so good! On the first whiff, it smelled like cupcakes and sugar and spice and everything nice. Am I exaggerating? Not at all! To me, it smells like a rich girl that has lived all her life in the lap of luxury. All I can say is, well done, Estee Lauder!

Mushana
Mushana

I had a bottle of this which was 'kindly' stolen from me. I wore it to bed because the warm vanilla and caramel scent settled me everytime. I may just get another bottle..

monamonib
monamonib

after reading all review ifound myself the only one who complain about this perfume it really has anote of caramel which it seem hard for me to feel it cleraly ineed the note of caramel be strong beside masculine note come with the caramel that what ifeel and stays on me about one and half hour and ialmost could smell that my body

hanipg
hanipg

I love this, I'll let it be my core collection. strawberry marshmallow rose. What to ask more? Yu yum yummy. but please one spray enough ;)

melbritt24
melbritt24

So disappointed in this one! I was hoping for a more polished version of Mariah Carey's "M" but I get the same artificial marshmallow, made sticky sweet from the help of caramel, and with a huge dose of patchouli! Now, I am a fan of patchouli, but coupled with the sticky sweet marshmallow/caramel it's just too much for my liking.

bambiphan
bambiphan

Too strong for the hot zone, in the first sniff, I see the sweetness of caramel, sweet harmony between bitter. I think with just one spray right wrist is enough!

juliacat
juliacat

It smells rather like Calvin Klein Eternity Moment-pink strawberry and meringue combo. I like it , but the original Pleasures are still my favourite. This one doesn`t have that fresh and clean smell that Pleasures is famous for .Very wearable and feminine though..

pomdgf
pomdgf

If this scent can speak it will be Eat Me ! Full of sweet in this bottle. Love it!

danielmventer
danielmventer

OOLALLA!! Je t'aime Je t'aime LOL!!!

Don`t need to dip your girlfriend in chocolates or marshmallows when she`s wearing this one..as she`s already swimming in it. Sounds more like a knickerbocker glory to me. I prefer the original Pleasures for woman ...on woman

Tovah
Tovah

Pleasures Delight has two different personalities on me, and rather than creating a balance, the traits are too far in opposition to blend harmoniously. I like this fragrance enough to have purchased it twice, but both times I wound up giving it away. Pleasures Delight starts out as dessert-gourmand as dessert-goumand can be. It smells like baked merinques flavored with vanilla and topped with strawberries. It's delightful, and perhaps a touch too sweet, but it's warming and fun. The beginning of wear is along the lines of Paris Hilton Can Can (but 5 star restaurant rather than county fair). After the dessert notes, where Can Can becomes a flirty and fun woody, ambery Oriental, Pleasures Delight goes into heavy floral-musk mode. I enjoy sweet fragrances when they take on a medium-sweet buttery caramel warmth (i.e. Prada Candy, Beyonce Heat), but Pleasures Delight loses its sweetness on me and becomes like a muted, rosier version of the original Pleasures. I think Pleasures is a lovely fragrance, but it creates a completely different mood from the one I feel or crave with the "top half" of Pleasures Delight. Pleasures Delight is a great fragrance, and I truly adore smelling it on those for whom it behaves itself.

Sunfllowers
Sunfllowers

This is a light delicious girly one. Warm and inviting

icekat
icekat

Pleasures Delight is an intense, sweet and delicious floral gourmand scent. I love caramel and marshmallow notes in this scent layered on the floral bouquet and garnished with sugary strawberry and pomegranate. It is indeed very girly and yummy but not immature. The scent has a festive and cheerful vibe and capable to lighten up even a dreary cold December evening like today with its sunny personality. It makes me crave delicious strawberry and vanilla pies.

Pretty pomegranate and strawberry are combined with freesia to create very delicious opening. The caramel and marshmallow notes are noticeable right from the beginning and last all the way into the dry down. The floral heart notes are soft and pleasant but also very, very sweet. I think peony, rose and heliotrope are the most noticeable floral notes here but there are also lily of the valley and lily lurking in the background. The scent slowly develops into the sweet base notes of caramel, marshmallow and vanilla. It is very gourmand on the dry down. Patchouli is barely noticeable but it is there. The sillage and longevity are great. I applied the scent in the morning and it was still going strong in the evening without re-applying.

Overall score is 7.5/10. I love this scent but I have to be in the right mood to wear it as the overpowering sweetness could be a bit too much. I prefer to wear this scent when the weather is cold.

beckyboo
beckyboo

I really wanted to love this perfume but it has a cloying almost bitter quality to it. The sweetness is spot on and it dose last a long time. There is an ingredient in it however that I just cant put my finger on its the "Bitter" note like a strong whiff of a stinky flower.

orchid_84
orchid_84

My favourite point in this fragrance is the first few minutes after I spray it on. That's when Pleasures Delight is in its full-on gourmand glory. The sweet combo of berries, marshmallow and caramel is quite tasty. Alas, it does not stay that way for me. Once the florals emerge, they kind of take over the whole composition and it loses its uniqueness. It stays sweet, but the florals don't mix well with the thick gourmand notes, and it turns into a slightly generic shampoo-like scent with a hint of sourness. Somehow the lily and freesia just seem out of place in this fragrance as it dries down.

Hayven
Hayven

The opening is a strong wind of patchouli, but it quickly goes away to a prominent scent of strawberries, marshmallow, and caramel. Patchouli comes back in the drydown, albeit a bit faint. It's a beautiful scent, and I think it will be great for the upcoming holidays.

edit: I wore this overnight and wow...the patchouli became prominent in the end again.

update 11/26: I must have received an old bottle online. I tried a tester at the store today, and the patchouli was not nearly as present as it is in mine. The other florals came up though.

chowchow41
chowchow41

This is truly a Delight to wear. I get the strawberry with marshmallow.The strawberry stays lightly present in the base combined with the lovely caramel and vanille. Its not to gourmand but very pleasently sweet and feminine. It stays 6 hours on my skin and is wearable for any occasion. Highly recommendable.

crysna
crysna

how sweet can be my life? with this fragrance my life is so sweet to the fullest and i love that way! a fruity gourmand fragrance with good sillage and excelent longevity, 3 spritz and im done. my choice from the pleasures collection, all are very different from each others, i only want to smell and give it a try the new version pleasures in bloom. delight is perfect for the lovers of sweet scents and not to be used on summer time, better on a night out or winter season, so pretty and delightfull!

TillyWave
TillyWave

I'm surprised that I like this so much. Normally I steer clear of heavy sweet gourmand fragrances, especially ones with notes of 'marshmellow.'

But this is the happiest perfume I own. This instantly puts me in a good mood.

When you put it on, it smells like strawberries and whipped cream, ala strawberry shortcake. This lasts for a bit, into the heart which is a rosey floral sweet patchouli--I would say that clean sweet patchouli is the most dominant feature of PD. The florals are replaced more by vanilla/caramel in the drydown. The base is strong and creamy and does not wear like the skin scent that most bases are.

Honestly I don't know what Angel smells like, so I can't compare to it. I do group this in with Chanel Coco Madamoiselle, and Prada EDP. Also, this perfumes does what it does so well for me--sweet, lush, happy, whipped cream/patchouli/vanilla--that it sits alone & stands out among all my other bottles.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the original Pleasures and I wonder why they made this into a flanker.

Sillage--good. Lasting power--excellent.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

If you like a really sweet perfume then this is for you. It does have a carmel smell that lasts. Probably not for hot summer weather as others have mentioned. It would get overwhelming in the heat.
It does lean to the gourmand side more than most of Estee Lauder fragances.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Sorry all lovers of this perfume, I found it dull and boring. Sweet, warm (yuck) strawberry syrup. Twin of Eternity Moment (the same yucky raspberry variation)
The bottle is lovely tho.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

Angel by Thierry Mugler without all the funk!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I do love this perfume. It is exactly a floral/fruity/gourmand! Love the strawberries/pomegranate in the opening, then flowers....lily, peony, then the drydown...caramel, patchouli, marshmallows.....just yummy and noticeable without choking everyone around you. Very sexy.

wind83
wind83

i've got a blind to buy 'delight" just because the name.
open its very strong.... OMG i think.. euw... wrong choice.

in the middle i just alittle smell the flower.
in the end ... caramel and pachouli,, it kinda a boring.
for winter and age 40+

longetivity: 8/10
rated: 6/10

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Not really suitable for summer as the advert may suggest. I will not be writing a novel here, I will simply say that Pleasures Delight is quite tasty and while my threshold of tolerance to patchouli is quite high - Pleasures Delight seem to be a bottle of a churned patchouli and other notes can only be detected somewhere in the background.
Shame, because the notes description looked so promising to me.
Worth trying and I presume it may appeal to Chopard Wish lovers.

pampeluna
pampeluna

Very sweet and pretty heavy and strong,I recommend only to use in winter.

Dash
Dash

I LOVE the original Pleasures & Pleasure Exotic. Only prob is, they don't last well on me :-( So I tested Delight today expecting it to smell wonderful - coz the notes & reviews all looked oh so delightful!

What a shock!The opening notes were too irritatingly sharp.Thot I'd give it some time but, hours later...one sniff and I still feel like I'm choking! I can't stand it!

Now this is the weird part. The dry down has this note with a 'smell' that I can only describe as 'expired Pleasures Exotic' Let me explain;
Lyk I said, I LOVE Pleasures Exotic n the other day I found the old empty bottle that had been in the attic for at least 6 months.It had this bad expired perfume smell.

(If any of u has ever smelled an OLD, empty perfume flacon, u know wat I'm talkin about! - Coz it smells nothing like the juice that once lived in there)

The good thing is the lasting power (The ones I don't like always last well. How ironic is that?) But all in all,I'd NEVER buy this!

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

Pleasures Delight somehow reminds me of the original Pleasures, though it´s much sweeter and gourmand. I can feel the marshmallow and the strawberries notes since it opens till the driedown, and the flowers make a wonderful mix with them, specially lily and peony. Patchoulli works as a very subtle final touch, yet it´s enough to break the oversweetness. Overall this is an amazing, warm and delicious concoction. It lasts incredibly long. Even the sillage seems to be endless and it´s really pleasant, not overpowering at all.

Dexisse
Dexisse

this smells like jessica simpson's fancy to me but at a more subtler tone. and i do NOT like fancy. its way too strong- overpowering usage of caramel.

vicea
vicea

This perfum was my singature fragrance, ago 1-2 years.:))

krissycat

I've already done a review on this but whenever I wear this perfume I am reminded how much I love this little treasure. I wore it for Easter today, and I love the scent so much I kept reapplying all day for my own pleasure. It's even funny, my sister in law told me straight up she does not like the scent I'm wearing today.. she wrinkled her nose and thought I had an amber scent on. What's funny is there is no amber in this. I love this scent so much I don't even care if anyone else likes it.. I wear it for me... all day I'm thinking how great it smells, and I think I used up a quarter of the bottle just over the course of this day. I'm pretty sure this is my favorite perfume in my entire collection.. this, fancy love, and the new Spring Marc Jacobs Daisy scent..they are all SOO lovely

EnjoyLife
EnjoyLife

This perfume was the reason I ended up buying Angel. I smelled this on one woman and mistakenly thought it was Angel. I was really surprised to see that Angel could develope into something such a clean and beautiful when applied on a skin. Well, my Angel did never settle down to this beautiful scent and I had to ask this lady later on was she wearing Angel and she said it was Pleasures Delight. It smells really heavenly on her. Just like a lighter version of Angel with a bit of freshness added. Beautiful scent, I want to replace my Angel with this, it's much more wearable.

Marra
Marra

smells like strawberry jam, but not a simplistic fragrance at all. it's well balanced and sweet in a fresh way :=) get lots of compliments on it. the frag posesses a very good staying power which is a big plus

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

First off, Pleasures Delight has NOT been discontinued. If you want to check on ANY perfume and its availability, always check the source of the perfume. In this case the Lauder site or any other site that is the originator of perfumes like Dior, Chanel, etc. for their perfumes that are 'rumored' to be discontinued.

I think that the Pleasures Delight lotion MIGHT be discontinued but not sure. I have the body lotion and it is a wonderful, long-lasting fragrance.

P. Delight is one of my fave fragrances (wearing it now) and although it has some notes common to Angel, I wouldn't say that it is Angel Lite...not that much in common IMO.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Truly beautiful! I really like it. Sweet floral tastefully done. Not among my top favourites but certainly some of the best in EL's collection. It's a pity this perfume has just been discontinued.

Update: Tried this again today. There is something sharp in the opening which now I am not sure about. But I really like the dry down - creamy, not too sweet, smells delicous to me!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Opens beautifully with tart red fruits and sweet, delicate flowers.

This quickly becomes an abundant bouquet of succulent and varied florals, which balance the gourmand notes that start to infuse this potpourri.

Lots of caramel and soft rose in drydown and just enough patchouli to anchor the sweetness, creating a beautifully delicious sillage.

This really is nothing like Angel, much cleaner and delightful all the way.

deannab10
deannab10

I absolutely love the original Pleasures. However, Pleasures Delight does not smell anything like the original. While Pleasures is a lovely, fresh, floral fragrance, Delight, in contrast, is a very sweet, syrupy fragrance. Too much sweet, not enough floral for me. I might consider wearing it in cold weather, but at this point, I don't find it bottle worthy.

It is a nice scent so if you like sweet fragrances, I can recommend you at least give it a test, if you prefer floral fragrances, not so much.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This smells like an exact copy of Angel, but a lot lighter. I thought Angel was gross so I instantly disliked this.
I think it's the heavy patchouli mixed with chocolate or caramel that smells disgusting to me. For me, these two notes should never be combined heavily as it gives off a horrible odor. Blech

krissycat

My favorite Estee Lauder's perfume and I have a bunch. When I wear this one people always ask me what I'm wearing.. delicious perfume. One of my best friends had to go out and buy this one after smelling it on me

nayapi22
nayapi22

Amo este perfume!!! es tan dulce pero sin empalagar!!! me encanta. Es un Gourmand para mujeres, no como los gourmand que ultimamente salen que son casi para niñas, (como los de Britney que por cierto me encantan) pero me gusta mas este, porque esta hecho de una manera muy fina, muy delicada. Lo recomiendo 100%

SilvanaMo
SilvanaMo

Sinceramente não encontrei o tão doce que todos falam. De início é bem fresco, quase uma salada de frutas, a romã é perceptível, depois entram as flores e por fim, as notas doces, porém, bastante sutil e nada muito marcante. Na minha opinião as notas estão harmoniosamente mescladas.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

First of all, I love to read reviews others leave before I buy a perfume. Second, I have to remind myself, what smells good on me, may stink on you. BODY CHEMISTERY! Pleasures Delight, though some may disagree, is a different but delightful scent. I can wear this perfume well and the scent doesn't wear off like others. It is sweet, but fun. I get sooo many compliments everytime I wear it. The base notes of this combine in such a pleasing way, the vanilla, marshmellow and caramel leave a subtle yet interesting combination. I am on my second bottle now.

Mugette
Mugette

I want this so bad! Every time i'm in a duty free,i just wish it's on sale.And it never is! It has turkish delights in it.Very beautiful delicate sweet scent.But not like very sweet.Just elegant,i mean it's for grown ups.And it's hard to find a good balanced sweet smell that does not make you wanna puke.Usually sweet parfumes feels like summer but this is just for every season.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

first of all: i do not like at all the original pleasure.
too harsh and simple, rather unloveable and heartless.
pleasure delight has nothing at all in common with the original scent.

i bought my bottle blind for a verrrry low price, without expecting mutch of it, just because the bottle is so cute. now i'm glad i did discover this beautiful delight scent! it's not a soft angel, noo, nothing in common with angel... it's not harsh and not only sugar, it has a bunch of soft creamy and powdery flowers, juicy fruits and a gourmand base.

this perfume is a real delight pleasure !
it contains all my favorite notes like: pomegranate, very juicy on the top. the wild strawberry very tart and sweet. the heart envokes with the most precious blooming flowers, peony, heliotrope and powdery white flowers. rose is very prominent in this too, aaaaaaah so adorable sweet and bold! the base is warm, musky and innocent marshmellow sweet with a hint of sexy smoky pachouli. vanilla and caramel give it that roundness what makes this perfume a perfect gourmand.
ok, it lacks originality for being a masterpiece but it's very very nice.
this is not to compare with angel which one i would wear only for nights out, because its strooong. this on it isn t at all! its a good daytime fume. very playful!
sillage good, staying power good. bottle very simple and cute ! one to love !

vetiver
vetiver

I tested it and just can say it has too much caramel and vanilla, and even when i like gourmands at some point , i hate this fragance. The point is , i hate Angel. And as some members said this is just a soft imitation of Angel.

la_beba
la_beba

This perfume is my love at 1st sight...another patchouli base scent that does not smell like patchouli...

Opening I can smell sweet fruity strawberry, very yummy sweet one...delicious yum yum...the dry down is sweet too with vanilla, mashmellow & it last pretty long on my skin..love love love this. Definately a warm comforting scent perfect for cold weather, but i can see myself wearing it on summer too :)

edit. I like it at first but after wear it, i found this is too strong. It is sweet but in weird way. Although i like gourmand but i can't wear it. Just can't give me headache :(

Interesting that no designer should be given credit for Estee Lauder PLEASURES DELIGHT. Perhaps that is because the real name of the fragrance should be: ANGEL LIGHT. This is a tamer, gentler angel, devoid of the difficult to endure opening but full of the gourmand and oriental feeling of the original.

PLEASURES DELIGHT could be used as a sort of "training" fragrance--like a three-wheeled bike or a cupless bra--in this case, to build up tolerance to be able to wear ANGEL, I suppose. But I suspect that most anyone who likes ANGEL would find this to be more like ANGEL LITE (analogous to a muzak rendition of their beloved).

The real question, as so often is the case in considering flankers, is: why is this called PLEASURES at all? Zero resemblance. It's just misleading and frankly baffling, since anyone who is looking for something along the lines of PLEASURES will not find it here, while those who dislike the original will be the last to discover that PLEASURES DELIGHT bears no relationship (beyond the bottle) to a fragrance that they do not wear!

enigma_33
enigma_33

To me this is not at all similar to angel. It smells like a giant fruit cake, or a bsket of ripe fruit, with much honey over it, and with the air smelling of a blooming roses. It smells like a birthday party! And it also lasts very long.

Contessa01
Contessa01

This smells almost exactly like Angel but not as spicey. If you cant afford angel get this it is so close to it. I really love it, it has great staying power too, and its nothing like the original so if you are dont like the original dont despair because you might like this.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

Young, Sexy, Lovely and Yummy!
Last much longer than the original one.

Estee Lauder and myself tend to have our ups and downs. I rather enjoy her older and more classic fragrances, however the more recent fragrances often get bad reviews from me.

Pleasures Delight is one of her scents that I do like.

This fragrance is very gourmand. It's mostly rich caramel, strawberry icecream, marshmallows, pulpy pomegranate and sugared rose petals.

The scent in my opinion is a little strong and often headache inducing, especially if over-applied. Because of its thick and syrupy, candy-like structure, Pleasures Delight won't appeal to everyone. In some instances it reminds me of Fantasy by Britney Spears and Fancy by Jessica Simpson.

When this fragrance was released there was a massive trend for sweet scents, however recently there has been more of a need for soapy and refreshing scents. So evidently this fragrance wouldn't be as popular as it may have been, however for those of you that do love gourmands, especially those with a strong caramel note, Pleasures Delight may indeed delight you.

lolita_rasputina
lolita_rasputina

I don't like fruity scents and didn't want to like this one but I have I say it's growing on me.

njdeb
njdeb

Vanilla birthday cake with strawberry filling and white bakery frosting, plus a little bazooka bubble gum mixed in. I also get a plasticy smell. I feel like all the notes in here are artificial. It also doesn't last very long. Not impressed.

rosered
rosered

Pleasures Delight is sweet almost like ''honey'' smells a bit ''flowery'' light flowers though
the strawberries are so inital you can barely smell them before they evaporate lol.. its a delicate scent to me and I do love those'' types '' of perfumes best.

maijaaijam
maijaaijam

I guess, strawberries smells different where I live:D For me it's pomegranate at the beginning.
It's more floral fruity fragrance than gourmand - fresh un summery, perfect for young girl.
Oh, the positive thing - this fragrance is quite longlasting.

Malibu
Malibu

PLEASURES DELIGHT opened nicely; I love the scent of strawberries, and they're certainly here. In abundance.

Sadly it just went downhill from there. I had already fallen for PLEASURES DELIGHT after the opening, and awaited the pretty florals, then a sweet and creamy dry-down… Instead, all I got from there onwards were sharp florals.

At least I’m guessing they’re meant to be florals. I was unable to identify them; it was just a jumble. The only note I could seperate was the dreaded patchouli.

It started of so well. It just imploded on itself; as if someone had gone around mixing up several testers. The staying power is good, but not great.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

At one time I used to like this stuff but now I can't stand it! My husband likes the drydown, of coarse he would it is leathery and manly smelling. Its female when it goes on but turns to male later on. Ive never seen a perfume do that before but this one does.

didinaru
didinaru

oh ! too loud in tones, made me cough for couple of min ! but settled or may b my nose tuned it low, but definitely lasting :)

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Too sweet! It reminds me of walking into a bakery. I have to admit that I bought this perfume purely from looking at it in a magazine. It did not agree with my skin at all, however I think that it could be a scent for young girls.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is one of my favorite fragrances and the first Estee Lauder fragrance that has worked with my chemistry. On me, it smells like strawberries, roses, patchouli and marshmallows. It works in all seasons and all venues for me, and it lasts all day on my skin. It is so hard for me to find a fragrance that works as well as this one does on my skin. I absolutely adore the combination of notes in this scent. I have been hunting for another fragrance that does marshmallow as well as this one does, and the search continues...

amelie

Delight is excellent, sweet and pretty, but in the aristocratic way and not typically Lauder.I like it in the winter more than summer. Strawberries, are dominant,to me very warm,delightful fragrance and has lovely dry-down. In my collection is one of the strongest fragrance and I rarely wear it, but I like its fine fruit-gourmet note.I have a 50ml bottle, although 30ml would be enough,it's a long-lasting fragrance.

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

I received this yesterday and I don't like it. It's strong and doesn't s,ell sweet to me at all. I sprayed some on this morning before work and I had to wash it off and put on some Pink Sugar to recover. I threw this away after one day. I just can't see myself wearing this one or ever growing to like it. I hate I wasted my moneey though. Very dissapointed with this one. :(

lemonlavendergirl
lemonlavendergirl

I like this on,and i wear it alot.I spray this all over my sheets sometimes,so i can smell it when i'm in bed watching tv.this is a nice perfume.

glitteralex
glitteralex

Pleasures Delight is an interesting scent, but surely not the child of Pleasures original. the radiant white floral character of Pleasures is nowhere to be seen. PD is a fruit gourmand, nicely crafted, of no olfactory significance. Some compare it to Angel, which I can see, but only through Angel's relation to the famous 1951 Molinard fragrance Nirmala. The top notes (pomegranate,wild strawberry) actually have more in common with Allure Sensuelle by Chanel (candied fruits). In a test, after an hour or so, the two scents diverge, and the dusty notes of superior origin in Sensuelle surpass anything put out by Pleasures Delight, despite the common factor of vanilla in the base. The heart bears semblance to Jessica Simpson's Fancy with notes of caramel & vanilla.

The base is a weak vanilla/patchouli. Longevity is mediocre.

Yummy, to be sure.

cherryfairy
cherryfairy

if Angel and Hanae Mori had a child,this would be it.

Finch
Finch

I love this to death! I don't know why, exactly... but it's amazing and works with my body chemistry very well. A gourmand that doesn't overpower or smell too contrived- EL Pleasures Delight is complex and mature. Much better than Angel, in my opinion.

MoietToi
MoietToi

At first it smells kind like the kind of sweets that you can buy in Sweden. Sort of sweet but slightly synthetic. But then once the top notes settle down it turns into a very sweet scent that reminds me of Tosca cake. It's a little too weak for me.

Perfumedsecrets

Forgot to mention this was Lauder's first gourmand... and they took a risk, so I applaud them for that.

Perfumedsecrets

A few Christmas's ago I was OBSESSED with buying this perfume. I finally got it, and a purse spray. I loved the ad, loved the notes, and I was determined to either buy it or get it as a gift. Well I wore it for awhile, and then it somehow went to the back of my vanity perfumes. I am sure it's because of the hot and humid climate I live in. Now that it's cooler I've brought it out. It lasts forever on your skin. To me it's a much more interesting perfume than Angel. People always say something with gourmand notes and patchouli is a mini Angel, but I disagree. It's very well balanced, as are all Estee Lauder perfumes. It's since been discontiuned I think... because it's unique. Unique perfumes usually never last on the market. It's very simple to sum it up as yet another mini Angel just because it has gourmand notes with patchouli. It's very different side by side.

Chelsea
Chelsea

I love this perfume. I think it might be a winner with guys cos two of my guy friends liked it? Anyway, the dry down is a lil similar to Britney Spears' Fantasy because of the fact that its gourmand but this one is definitely more edgy and sophisticated.

Princess
Princess

Yuck! I was looking forward to try this cause the notes sounded amazing. But this stuff is horrible, It contains to much floral notes

marie08
marie08

Very gourmand smelling. I liked it at first but it quickly became too sweet for me.

virginia
virginia

Excellent, happy fruity gourmand. These strawberries aren't the tart refreshing variety found in, say, Miss Dior Cherie. Instead, think creamy and comforting, as in strawberry pudding. Cozy and mellow, but not monotonous or overly sweet. Delicious dry-down, as well.

Rach86
Rach86

This scent is very sweet, but I wouldn't consider it romantic, at least not on my skin. It kind of makes me smell like a cupcake - a very fragrant cupcake. Not my favorite on me, but I'm sure that the right woman could pull it off perfectly.

kay_li13
kay_li13

I don't like the original Pleasures, so I didn't really want to give this fragrance a chance. However, after reading the reviews on here I decided to and am so glad I did! It is nothing like the original Pleasures, this scent is sweet, warm, and alluring. It smells like you're walking through a strawberry patch in the summer. As it drys down, I can imagine myself coming out of the patch to sit down on a checkered tablecloth and have a picnic with caramels. yum what a delicious scent! long lasting as well! <3 <3 <3

azuriiita
azuriiita

On my skin its light and cozy, specially the dry down.

The first impression its like smell strawberry gelatine on the stove :) ... after a while, very soft hint of flowers and marshmallows.

Its ok :) and "pink" in my opinion... not like a 'vie en rose' ... but like a pink little chicken or something similar yes hahaha
In other words: this one its tender like a pink teddy bear...
Could be a nice present for my niece :D

Gina
Gina

Its nice. But just nice. Its pretty and suits its name because it is a delightful smell. Its just not different or daring and lacks that 'oomph' you need in a perfume to convince you to actually buy it. You couldnt go wrong with it though; theres nothing actually wrong with it. Suitable for a first timer. Lovely scent.

essija
essija

You do not have a problem jr I tend to do the same with my very favorite scents. This is the Ultimate Gourmand scent I have ever smelled. I really liked it. I thought of cupcakes immediately. Will purchase this someday. I was shocked that a pleasures could smell so good considering I have not liked any of them before now. Way to go! This is a scent that actually makes me want to eat cupcakes.... Yummmmm

jr
jr

Was specifically shopping for a "Pomegranate" scent when I discovered Pleasures Delight. Floral, Fruity, Gourmands are my favorite. Other considerations at that time were Euphoria, Miss Dior Cheri and Angel. After wearing PD for a while, found myself "saving" this one. Treat it as very special and keep it hidden in the fridge. Similar to an expensive box of Italian pastry ie.) NYC cannolies filled with creme, a pleasure indeed. Do I need to talk to someone about this? Wore it to work one day, heard people whispering, until someone broke the ice and finally asked what I was wearing. When I told them "Pleasures Delight", they all nodded their heads in approval. One thought I was wearing Angel. Upscale, uptown was the response. Fruits, flowers, pastry scents reminiscent of Aspen and Vail experiences come to mind. Snuggle, Winter scent, let it snow :)

amanda
amanda

i like this better that the original but i have to admit that its less unique and special, but sweet and warm, and can be worn easier

PR
PR

interesting who's copying who here, or is it coincidence that Estee Lauder's Pleasures Delight is the same just less strong version of La Perla 'Jaime'..they launched in the same year I think

solocha
solocha

Agree that if you want something original, don't get this, but if you want some sweet, gourmand scent, similar to/or better than Angel, or if you need comforting, girly scent, get this.

model_wannabe
model_wannabe

smells like angel at first, but not that strong

Moszatka
Moszatka

It's very sweet, fruity and delicious. It contains strawberry, what I like. So I love this one.

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

If you are looking for a subtle vanilla perfume, try this one. It's doesn't smell like the original pleasure at all. Although there's nothing original in it, it's still a beautiful perfume. You couldn't go wrong with this one.

Pleasures Delight by Estée Lauder 3.53 out of 5 based on 530 ratings and 114 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Pleasures Delight fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Pleasures Delight, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pleasures Delight by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pleasures Delight by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.