Designers » D E » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Pleasures For Men Estée Lauder for men

Pleasures For Men Estée Lauder for men
dislike

Pleasures For Men by Estée Lauder is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for men. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Wargnye. Top notes are nectarine, green notes, grapefruit and water notes; middle notes are coriander, ginger, lavender, pepper, rose, geranium and pimento; base notes are sandalwood, benzoin, oakmoss and ebony tree.

Nectarine Green Notes Grapefruit Water Notes

Boss Pure

Pleasures For Men Fragrance Reviews

Petrichor
Petrichor

Pleasures For Men is a really nice surprise - emphasis on the Really Nice. Everything about this scent is just so... nice. Pleasures exudes niceness. It's "Nice Guy" smell in a bottle, and while that may not be what you're looking for on a night out, it's perfect for a first date. Pleasures is nice, happy and charming. Yes, it's safe, but it's safe in a good way.

The notes listed above aren't what I smell. In Pleasures, I smell a gentle soap, a lot of which comes from the florals. It's almost as if one has just stepped out of the shower, but better. This isn't a macho or butch scent, obviously. In fact, it's completely unisex. I've had women compliment me when I've worn it, but I can't help thinking it'd smell pretty amazing on a woman too.

Highly recommended - especially since it it's so uncommon.

crypticat
crypticat

Strange. Tester strip sample. First half hour got an animalic urea smell that was unpleasant. Then lo and behold some bitter green citrus that brought up that Green Irish Tweed smell. Funny, since there isn't a lot of crossover in the 'notes' for these two. But of course I'm right…

murysusanto
murysusanto

Lovely scent. It's a warm scent for tropical places.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

i have this and i love it! it's soothing to the nose with that sort of toothpaste like smell that doesn't come offensive... it doesn't project like crazy which is sad but this is comforting to wear personally as you can smell whiffs of yourself...

Laurdess
Laurdess

I got to smell this yesterday and was shocked. This is nice! There is a summery ...light.... Happy feel with this. It doesnt smell cheap or over produced. It doesnt even have a familiar vibe either that screams everyone wears it. I would buy this one for sure.

Lexxy
Lexxy

This one surprised me. The opening was definitely not my cup of tea, sharp and as everyone says synthetic, I think I even said yuck. However in about 15-30mins it starts to turn into a fresh clean uplifting scent that I ended up really liking! It's sexy! The ginger in it is great, it's both fresh and warm at the same time. And it has a fresh spicy aquatic thing going on that I really enjoy. Just make sure you apply this one at least 15 mins before you head out and it lasts longer on clothes.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

The citrus top notes started out with some promise, but it quickly turned into that nasty synthetic blandness I have smelled too often elsewhere.

Scrubber.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Straightforward and bland but nevertheless good perfume from estee lauder!

I don't get any rose or nectarine... For me it's all about ginger, grapefruit and spices... Not bad but not new or different! Tested on my skin, it's sillage is weak and 3 to 4 hours longevity.

Overall: 6/10

amrlafi
amrlafi

Pleasures taught me how yukky synthetic scents could be. a surprisingly instant headache that I still remember after more than a decade.
rating -1/5

garyloveslucy
garyloveslucy

Absolutely my favorite cologne! Have worn it for 15 years (?). I have a multitude of colognes that are worn but none as much as this one. I also am always told I smell good when I wear Pleasures and am asked what it is. The best of the best - can't imagine a finer fragrance. I feel sorry for people who can't smell the wonderful layers this cologne has. It's clean, fresh, sexy, and lives up to its namesake!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Funny name - pleasures for man, what kind of pleasures are these?

evesoho
evesoho

This is a good quality floral for any man who can and will wear floral (and more men should!). Unfortunately, for my personal taste, the aquatic note would have to go. The cologne certainly wouldn't suffer from its exclusion. (It's a gender myth that the aquatic scent is masculine, btw. Just an association built by marketing strategies.) I don't love it, so I wouldn't purchase it for any man in my life, although I do respect that it's a good quality cologne and I certainly wouldn't hold it against any man for wearing it around me!

theXRC
theXRC

This is a great one, perhaps my favorite. Simple, clean, elegant and light. I have been wearing it off and on since 1998, although I have never let my supply run out.

Starts off with a citrus/airy/peppery note. The sweetness of nectarine is kept in check with the sourness of grapefruit. Pepper comes through after a few minutes rounding out the fruits. I feel Instantly energized and happy when I apply. In the drydown sandalwood and moss say hello, while the top notes linger a bit, creating a comforting, subdued earthy/sweet smell for close encounters.

I mostly love this one because it is subtle and classy. My preferred cologne to wear casually. Family gatherings, kids baseball or soccer games etc. Not a soul will be put off when you wear it. At least that's what I have found after fifteen years of wearing Pleasures.

Arber Cami
Arber Cami

i dont know but the only thing i smell in this perfumes is an earthy-sand smell really disguisting it gets my a headacht when i smell this perfumes one of the worst perfumes in my opinion

tomerai
tomerai

Simply put: very fresh, very clean.
After applying I smell and feel like I just stepped out of the shower on a crisp summer's day.

Edit: on me the oakmoss really comes out in the drydown which to me feels kind of "dirty" which kind of negates the fresh and clean opening for me.

reddishmango
reddishmango

this fragrance is waaay to powdery for mr the first and second note are extremely powdery to the point is kinda smells feminit. not my smell..

tomerits
tomerits

pleasures for man is a real freshy,flowery,inoffensive scent.suitabel for spring/summer and office wear.i like it a lot,especially the simplicity of this scent.for sure a "safe buy".
my rank 4/5.

bammragnarok
bammragnarok

smells good but poor Longevity it's about 3-4 hours or 5 but not more than that

(it smells more like orange)

KeithScar
KeithScar

Pleasures is SOOO underrated its a crying shame. Where im from they dont even carry this in the Dillards or Belk which makes me sick cause they only carry whats "popular" Pleasures is exactly what it is. This frag gives pleasure with its floral and herbal vibes that drives women wild. Pleasures is a must keep and a must buy

Migalex
Migalex

I would say it smells more like an aromatic fougere than an aromatic spice. Quite similar to eternity, although softer and not as sour. Very common scent. I do not see anything special about it.

claire25
claire25

I do not care for this fragrance. My husband has several bottles of it that he has been gifted by relatives over the past few years and I wish he'd give them away. It's a very light scent, rather feminine to my nose, but also with an acrid smell. Someone described it as "synthetic" smelling, and I agree with that assessment. I like spicy and "earthy" scents on men--this one just doesn't smell sexy or manly to me at all.

shamus1
shamus1

I also post a lot of perfume reviews on basenotes.net, and it's amazing how different the opinions are of this fragrance between the two websites! If you read the basenotes.net reviews, you'd think Pleasures For Men is a bottle of fruity piss!

I don't care if this is light and generic - I really like this scent! My wife bought me a small bottle of this, and when I sprayed it on paper, it smelled awful. However, when I wore it for a day, it was a totally different experience.

I will admit that Pleasures For Men smells dated - like a typical 1990s sporty/fresh/Cool Water clone. There were a TON of other frags during that time that smelled like this (Eternity For Men, Polo Sport, Wings For Men, etc., etc.). But goddamnit, this one puts a smile on my face when I wear it. It does the whole fresh & spicy thing so well, in such a well balanced manner, I can't help but like it.

Sometimes you don't want to smell dashing or unique or refined. Sometimes you just want to smell GOOD, plain and simple. Pleasures For Men is for those times.

MY RATING: 7.5/10

Smellzgood
Smellzgood

This is another "signature" for me. This is an uncomplicated, masculine, and energizing scent. Powerful, but not overwhelming up front, with vibrant, bitter, citrus notes (grapefruit is most prominent). This leads to middle notes of white pepper and rose/geranium florals which give it a clean, soap/shower aroma. The dry down is mild sandalwood,oakmoss(which retains a slight earthiness), and orange blossom. Perfect amount of sillage and as is the case with most Lauder fragrances: excellent longevity. Highly recommended for daytime wear all year or summer day or night.

flaneur
flaneur

this is a fabulous summer fragrance - and as it's summer here in australia i am giving my bottle a good workout. i love the fresh, 'sexy man straight out of the shower' smell i'm enveloped in upon first spritz. the dry down is equally as lovely - as the vanilla comes through and settles the floral notes down. i find it travels perfectly from day to evening. this is truly a classic, i think. i can't believe i've it's taken me so long to see it!
i don't see the similiarities between it and coolwater, though. this is in a league of it's own.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Pleasures for men is an aromatic fruity which is a very good choice for summer. The nectarine note is a killer. Like all Lauder fragrances this one also has a synthetic feel but the uniqueness of the scent is well worth it I say. Pleasures has good sillage and longevity and is unlike the aquatics (like Acqua di Gio, AqVa etc). It has the charm and energy of a 22 year old man, who is dying to try his pick-up tricks on ladies coming summer. When I smell Pleasures for men it conjures up images of a young man who is waiting for the summer to unleash his primal energy to attract women. Pleasures for men is a sexy cologne.

Koukla190
Koukla190

mmmmmm, classic sexy scent for men, probably the first man's cologne that I smelled that made me realize I love men's cologne (on men of course, hahaha!)! A lot of the men in my family wore this when I was growing up and it's just that smell that makes me think of cologne and what a nice smelling man smells like! I really love it, can't go wrong with this guys! : )

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

Agree with alfarom. Pleasures for Men is a BOOOOOOORING cologne. I don't like it. It's a generic lavender + geranium + a few smoky.

Gregory28572
Gregory28572

Very nice scent here, but it did not last long AT ALL. I would easily purchase again if there was some certainty of the scent lasting for a while.

Pleasures for Men smells exactly like any another generic Cool Water clone, or if you prefer like a cheaper (a lot cheaper) version of Creed's Erolfa. Should be better named as "Pleasures For Nobody".

PFM actually smells ok but it moves in a very crowded territory and it's completely undistinguishable from other billions of perfumes of the same cathegory / family.

Well, folks...this is the first year that the EL counter did NOT have the four piece mens giftsets (much to my chagrin)for Christmas; so I got samples of all the ones I wanted to try...

Pleasures for Men is really nice. If Intuition for men is spring into summer, this is summer into fall/winter. This opens with a lovely fruitiness that is so balanced by the tart grapefruit and the succulent nectarine, and the greens are just great along with the "sky air" accord (aldehydes/ozone?). The pepper is evident from the first spritz but is not sneeze-inducing or too too spicy, the heart is dominated by dry florals (lavender and geranium) and the subtle rose is so elegant-like a boutaineer in a man's tuxedo lapel. The herbs and a warm (not too juicy) ginger bring the whole thing to life and keep it lively, without overpowering the clean flowers. The drydown is where it gets even more autumnal: soapy creamy sandalwood, rich cinna-vanillic benzoin and oakmoss bring to mind changing leaves and sunny (but shorter) days. This has something very cool and refined in it. It gives one an air of being fashionable and looking and feeling "smart" or sharp...

Sillage: okay
Longevity: good
Overall: 3.75/5

PFM is something I would wear to work, or with a casual dress outfit. It is equally appropriate for a date or family outing/gathering. I find it very appealing and think most others would as well. Here, and other sites that I have read reviews of this on, the only negative feedback or complaint has been the longevity. On me, it does just fine in that department; but after about an hour, I cannot smell it...but others notice it! There is something in this that does remind one of Cool Water, but only in the drydown, and even then it is more airy than aquatic...

Sampled this at the EL counter and decided on Beyond Paradise instead. They had this, Intuition and BP for men (no Lauder-I really wanted to try that one)and BPfM stood out the most to me although this one is quite nice...

The unique fruity accord blends well with the greens for a sweet fresh approach. The heart is an a blend of very manly florals and smooth spices and, what I guess from the tester notes is, the SKY AIR(?) accord. This finishes warm, green and woody. Pleasurable? Indeed...

I will be buying one of the four piece gift sets at Christmas time (a little holiday love for myself) that contain all four EL Men's scents bottled in 1/2 oz sprays. At that time I will give a better review of this, as sillage can be judged when testing something in the store, but longevity and overall appeal cannot...

jazz444
jazz444

I stumbled across this one a decade after it was introduced and have been trying to make up for it ever since. I always toyed with the idea of wearing Pleasures for Women, but who cares about that now when you meet this stunner!

It's a clean, intriguing, masculine floral--not an overpowering floral, but a floral that is icy, almost wintry even. Staying power is excellent (over 15 hours on me), and it possesses just enough sillage to have people walk by you again to ask what it is you're wearing.

Reminds me of the color silver, for some reason, so its attractive bottle and packaging (to me, at least) are an artistic triumph.

Although very versatile--it can be worn casually or elegantly--I enjoy wearing Pleasures most when I'm suited up.

ANTON PALANADIS
ANTON PALANADIS

i love this scent because it makes me active&optimistic! good job by estee!^-)

Brando
Brando

This is really my all time favorite cologne. This is the only cologne I have really got a lot of compliments on. There is not another cologne that smells like this. It is very light. I wish it would last longer.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is a very romantic scent on my fiancé. It smells uniquely floral on him for a mens fragrance, yet incredibly sexy. I never smell it on other men. Why is that? It's such a unique scent. So free spirited, in a non-aquatic sort of way. Very, very sexy. If you have a chemistry that is even remotely agreeable with Aromatics, you must try this scent. It is the only Aromatic in his collection (where he normally wears woody orientals) and it's an absolute winner.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

Bought it for my father and I love it when he wears it. It's for mature men who are still young at heart.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

The fresh masculine scent of Lauder's PLEASURES FOR MEN blends vitalizing citrus and herbs with rich spices and rare woods, clarified with a unique Sky Air Accord. You can feel the energy, the warmth and the absolute ease.

Stefan
Stefan

An almost frachie version of the origional Cool Water. With a mix of Graham Webb Montage.

dancam86
dancam86

I also think is more citrus aromatic than aromatic spicy. It remind me a lot of some ck scent from the mid 90´s, I´m not sure wich one, but I think it´s ck one.

asfa
asfa

nice very nice so clean perfume its for all times longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg and strong 7-12 houres

ac_scent86
ac_scent86

very thick scent. one of my favorites but as far as the notes go, im not sure why.

guillermostf
guillermostf

for me it's the smell of clean clothes, a very deep scent.

vertigo
vertigo

Pleasures for men reminds me of Le Roy Soleil by Salvador Dali, although they have no common single notes :)

It's more citrus-aromatic than aromatic-spicy for me.
There is a new note in this fragrance - a grapefruit-nectarine accord, which was created especially fro Estee Lauder.
There is also a note given the name SKY AIR by the producer, composed from the notes of air, among the others.

I think this scent is for men that look for harmony.

Pleasures For Men by Estée Lauder 3.88 out of 5 based on 254 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Pleasures For Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Pleasures For Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pleasures For Men by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pleasures For Men by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.