Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang Estée Lauder for women

Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang Estée Lauder for women
dislike

yellow floral
Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang Estée Lauder for women Pictures Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang Estée Lauder for women Pictures

The second perfume in the Private Collection was presented in September 2008 as an opulent, luxury, intoxicating,accompanied with a bottle with gems on the top,just like the previous edition.The perfume includes seductive aromas of ylang ylang with rich, warm notes of amber accentuated with sandalwood and vanilla. It is available as 30 and 75ml EDP, as well as 30 ml pure perfume.

Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Geranium

Bulgarian Rose Cinnamon Incense

Vanilla Sandalwood Amber

Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang Fragrance Reviews

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Estée Lauder’s Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang is sweet amber, warm vanilla, and soapy ylang-ylang. There is a distinct incense note that gives this fragrance a vintage vibe with subtle hints of geranium and lime. I was fortunate enough to get a bottle of this after it was discontinued for a decent price, but it is getting very hard to find. I love ylang-ylang and the amber in this is thick with a syrupy sweetness, so I think it will be a perfect pick-me-up on cold winter days!

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

The notes intensity without writing a review about the fragrance if you have really tested it!Vanilla smeel good!!

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This is such an AMAZING fragrance! Who in the world thought of discontinue it??? On the other hand, I'm glad that this is actually a hidden gem and you can still find it online ( for a short while I'm sure ), but that gives me time to buy as many bottles as I can to keep for a lifetime, and you won't find many others wearing it.

It's very sensual skin scent, that once in a while will project further. It's very fine, well blended amber, in which the notes are exactly what you see is what you get, but blended beautifully. I cannot get enough of it.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Amber is so gorgeous. Ylang Ylang is so luxurious. Lauder is an expert creator of definitive orientals. It couldn't get any better than this at Lauder when it comes to a deep, warm amber that doesn't get too complicated. This is modern and focused on sweet amber instead of spice. It's what you wanted in the first place when you picked up Youth-Dew again hoping it would be different this time... or when you reached for the new Cinnabar bottle design and still got that cinnamon goop smell. Going back to those was just like returning to the fridge over and over again, hoping something would have changed. Well, here is the change, and it's good.

sunnysaintstar
sunnysaintstar

I absolutely love this perfume. One of the best Estée Lauder perfumes that ever came on the market. From the opening, till the dry down and even late at night when it's almost faded it smells fantastic. Warm, beautiful amber, luxe and delicious. Can be used sparingly because it stays on a very long time. I even would dare to say that this is my favorite Amber..... The mixture with sandalwood, vanilla and even the cinnamon make it a killer perfume that oozes sophisticated sexyness..... No other words to describe it....

fpih
fpih

Gorgeous, not overly sweet amber & ylang ylang fragrance, that's cosy and also luxurious. I feel so relaxed and comforted when wearing it, and as someone else here mentioned, despite owning over 50 fragrances and tons of samples, I can't find anything in my collection that reminds me of it.

The only problem is that it lacks both sillage and longevity:( Seriously though; No one smells it on me and it's mostly gone after 5 hours. I filled up a small decant to carry it with me all the time, because I love its smell, but for such an expensive fragrance, the lasting power should be better.

Note: Give it 5'-10' to dry when you try it; the first sniff/impression is not the correct one, as it quickly changes when it's absorbed in the skin.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Gorgeous but it takes a while to heat up on the skin. Funnily enough the plastic 'dolls head/play-doh' note comes on strong at first for me and disappears within a few minutes, other people on here tend to mention it's presence once it settles down. When I first tried this I got a vague whiff of vanilla and amber on my skin then it seemed to fade down to nothing and I was left thinking what a disappointment. But loved the gorgeous bottle. However half an hour later my skin started giving off this beautiful amber tangy ylang ylang and vanilla powdery balsamic type of scent in a similar vein to my beloved Gucci EDP which had already been discontinued for a year at that point. I went back to the lauder counter to find this a week or so after to track it down and couldn't quite justify the $220 price tag plus they only carried the largest size so on the shelf it stayed. I recently acquired a bottle from an auction site and am glad I finally got hold of this scent. My bottle is the edp, it has turned a deep almost purple amber colour but the scent is still there. I require a good 4 squirts of this (it's not super powerful) and then give it time to rest for about half an hour then the scent slowly unfurls. A beautiful close to the skin balsamic vanilla/amber ylang blend which feels warm and cosy, there is an aniseed note as well not overly sweet (as amber scents tend to be on me) and it is very calming and nice to wear before bed even. The bottle is gorgeous. I do get a tinge of brown paper/cardboard envelope as someone has mentioned below and also a whiff of just washed hair. Soft and sensual, clean and warm . It's a shame this has been discontinued

Flayvian
Flayvian

I tried this one at David Jones (Australia), so I didn't do a regretful blind buy. I love it. I can smell the amber and vanilla and it has a lovely dry down. It also has good staying power. So I will definitely be buying this one.

MLK
MLK

I absolutely adore this perfume and I am very disappointed if they truly do discontinue it as it is a wonderful amber, soft powdery, warm sandalwood and a touch of vanilla scent that lasts all day!! Please don't discontinue it EStee Lauder....it will be a shame. After reading on this site that it may be discontinued, I rang and put a full bottle on hold as a back up...they have already discontinued Private Collection Jasmine White Moss in Australia so this might be the next one to go.
If you love soft warm amber perfume - this is a MUST try.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This is a lovely scent, very warm and comforting. Amber, vanilla, just great all around. If you like warmer, oriental type scents, this may be up your alley. It's great in colder weather.

Safira
Safira

For me amber is a sweet and warm smell - and almost makes my nostrils feel warm when inhaling the smell. Haha, it must sound strange, but that is the exact feeling I get with this scent. it is such a warm and alluring scent that may start out a little roaring but mellows into this beautiful, warm (did I say warm?!), sweet and cosy smell. It's very special and although I own close to a 100 perfumes (I never wear the same two days in a row) I don't think I have anything quite like it.

If it has indeed been discontinued I strongly recommend that you get your hands on this extravagant scent. It's just gorgeous, longlasting and definitely unique. :)

harpermae
harpermae

Trying this today, I was hoping that it wouldn't be heavy on the ylang ylang. And, it's not. In fact, I really only smell amber, vanilla, and maybe a wee bit of a citrusy note in there. It's very nice, maybe even fb worthy. Sillage is fair to moderate, with average longevity. I have to say, I smell pretty darn yummy!

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

This reminds me of paper - in a good way. As in old, dusty books (a smell which I love!) or old, sweetish wallpaper warmed by the sun. A very good and quite classy amber/vanilla combination, perfect in autumn or on a frosty winter's day. The vanilla can perhaps grow a little too strong for me (the day after, my clothes smell as if I've been baking cookies) but all in all, I enjoy it very much (edp).

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

SAD NEWS IN PARFUM LAND
ESTEE LAUDER PRIVATE COLLECTION, AMBER YLANG YLANG
DISCONTINUED : (
If you love this one then buy it. THE Pure Parfum is almost completely unavailable.
I enquired on the Estee Lauder Official Site USA
I sampled Amber Ylang Ylang pure parfum and with hesitation one evening. Morning came and at sunrise I kept smelling something really nice. I had not put thought into it. Then when I was putting yesterdays clothes in the wash again I caught a precious elegant scent and realized how amazing Amber Ylang Ylang is.
Its very seldome such a spectacular dry down. As the fragrance was subtle.
It is of a higher league and not a department store fragrance scent. Its beautiful its the real meaning of understated smooth effortless elegance. This is so beautiful a man a very beautiful man can wear this one. Its not in any category and a much unexpected unexplainable beautiful fragrance.
While its compared to the beloved Ambre Sultan.(In my opinion Ambre Sultan is more of Kin to Amouage is glorious Silk Roads Home spray, which both are dearly loved)
I find Amber Ylang Ylang smoother and sways as if its part of you. While Amber Sultan is louder and dryer. Both are wonderful but not the same. Its similar as two cousins having nothing in common but maybe the same or similar DNA.
A Must try.
This review is for the pure parfum
The pure parfum is very subtle. Almost you forget your wearing anything. Then whiffs appear.
Longivity between 8hours+
I think the EDP would be amazing and hope to try that next time at Bloomingdales the tester was being smothered by two other people enamored by this scent. I can only imagine for elegant Amber & Ylang Ylang lovers to insist they try it. I find it a quiet very quiet version of the 2 notes.

WildDove
WildDove

I tested Amber Ylang Ylang when it first came out and it seemed like a basic straight up amber, possibly full bottle worthy if you really like amber. When I tested it again today, I got no amber, but mostly an obnoxious bug spray like Raid. Not sure what's going on, whether the formula or source of ingredients has changed. Test for yourself.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I do not generally find Estee Lauder fragrances to my taste. I was at a discount fragrance shop and there were several ones you don't usually see in mainstream stores. I like amber so I thought Id give this a try. This is so good! It is warm and sensual and I can imagine curling up on a winters day wearing this. I am a big fan of Prada Ambree which is one of my favorites but this honestly could be a rival. I plan to purchase this closer to Christmas. Maybe Estee Lauder does have a few fragrances I would purchase.

oliseeger
oliseeger

This is sooo goood!!! It reminds me a softer and lighter version of Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan!

TheFrenchMistress
TheFrenchMistress

Amber Ylang Ylang is something of a misnomer for this fragrance, as it's fundamentally a straight up amber in the traditional labdanum-vanilla vein (so those looking for an amber*gris* note should of course look elsewhere). However, the name isn't entirely off base, as the ylang-ylang and citrus give this true oriental its typical zesty, nose-tingling opening; within a few minutes they subside into little more than a pleasant, faint, vetiver-like sourness, but this sourness remains distinct enough throughout the scent's duration to allow it to be picked out from similar compositions (in the way that Ambre Sultan remains herbal even as it develops into a full-on amber).

Once these top notes have fizzed and faded, a relatively powdery and vanillic traditional amber takes over. First I detect dusty spices with a hint of black tea-leaves, and then soon the familiar 'doll-head / Play-Doh' accord surfaces and characterises the scent for perhaps an hour. I suspect this effect is caused by a combination of vanilla, powdery spices, and possibly heliotrope even though the latter isn't listed in the notes. This accord doesn't overpower other elements, but it is discernably present, recognisable to amber conoisseurs as part of the genre's customary development. All the while there is a sweetly succulent vanillic backdrop that seems to be most clearly in focus a couple of inches away from one's wrist, all but disappearing when given closer attention until it becomes more prominent a little later, hand in hand with a subdued golden tobacco note.

Overall, Amber Ylang Ylang is relatively sweet for its category but not particularly so in comparison to vanillic or gourmand fragrances. It most closely reminds me of L'Artisan's Ambre Extrême, but it is just a tad more syrupy and also sourer; a hybrid of Histoires de Parfums' Ambre 114 and Réminiscence's Vanille might give something close to Amber Ylang Ylang. It's a gentle and relatively restrained scent for its type, with a calm sillage, so those seeking a more dramatic amber might indeed find it dull. However, sometimes a simple classic, well done, is all one needs to satisfy a particular craving. Personally I find it very appealing – its perfection is that of a richly simple home-made madeira cake as opposed to a complex and dramatic celebration cake.

kl99
kl99

Sometimes I think people votes the list of notes by chance. Or by the name they find on the bottle.

This wonderful fragrance definitely unisex, even more man side, is not so typical heavy amber and not at all suffocating and sweet presence of ylang ylang & vanille.

This remember me more a blend of benzoin and rosewood. Must be the large presence of geranium that I notice most that gives to the fragrance such electricity that refresh the animal note of amber giving to the composition that clean-dirty balance.

The result is a fragrance woody, invigorating, acrid, warm, and sensual, without fall into the usual super heavy amber composition.

This perfume is so bizantine, a perfect fusion between arabie and occident. High class.

Reminds me a bit Hammam Bouquet and remotely Gucci Eau de Parfum.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Oh my goodness, this is such a rich and seductive scent, warm enough to melt the Antarctic, comforting and daring at the same time. Amber, vanilla, sandalwood and ylang ylang - the paradise of perfume notes!!! l love this scent, it takes my breath away. I close my eyes and I'm in heaven.

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

This perfume is extraordinary! The only word that can explain it is RICH. You can take what you want from that word...do I mean rich as in complex and deep? or rich as in wealthy? or rich as in voluptuous?... or maybe I mean all these things and MORE! It is a lavish, abundant, up market, luxurious and grandiose perfume. Just looking at the colour of the juice and the bottle itself screams out to you "I AM ELITE!".

All I can say is that straight off the bat, I knew I had to try this based on the name alone. Two of my favourite ingredients are in it..Ylang Ylang and Amber.
The amber takes more of the centre stage in my opinion. I adore Ylang Ylang but it is not as strong as some other scents such as Samsara YSL.

When I wear this I take on all its splendour! It dries down to a creamy vanilla and sandalwood. Yummy. Ladies, this is very suited to those of you who are Opium YSL fans. It takes a confident man to wear this. It is unisex bordering on feminine due to the rose/floral note it has at the start. Once this dries down it is very unisex! I can pull it off because I am confident.

Merl

The bottle is fabulously rich-looking in a natural way and is a work of artistic genius with its cool, earthy gemstones. It reminds me of being outdoors in a cool and beautiful geologic environment.

Merl

This perfume is wonderful and is the best of Estee in my opinion. It smells exactly of fresh gardenias and tuberose. It has a great non-synthetic drydown. A couple of sprays on the wrists lasts all day. It draws attention and compliments. It smells almost exactly like Bond 9 Central Park West and is similar in all characteristics and quality to CPW at a much more reasonable price for the fragrance/lotion combo offered as a special by Lauder.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

این اوسطوره تاریخ عطر در امریکاه توانسته است دل ن وتمام خانمهای شیک را در تمام سنین بدست آورد واین سنگنی در وقار رایحه و حس جذبه یک زن کامل در برای محیط های کاملا اداری خود و یا در کنار همسر با عشق خود را فریب نفسانی دهد. رایحه مرکب و وانیل میتواند با یک کوکتل میخک وترنج دیوانه وار انسان در محیط خود محصور کند

Ambrosia8
Ambrosia8

when I first sprayed this on, i couldn't quite put my finger on why it smelled so familiar... then I realized, it is incredibly similar to Coty's wild musk oil. the notes are quite different, but I just saw in the comments section that I'm not the only one with this impression! Amber Ylang Ylang is not a bad perfume per say, but when you compare it with wild musk (which I paid 10$), I feel like it is most definitely not worth its price tag.

Gia713
Gia713

Great quality scent. It mixes few unique features in one bottle - it's sexy, elegant, modest, warm, soft.
At first I smell a lot of ylang ylang with a hint of some citrus - maybe orange? After few minutes ylang is domineted by looovely amber and vanilla. The whole scent is a little bit soapy which makes it elegant - I've had it recently during my job interview and it fitted perfectly. I've also had it on dates - and it fitted perfectly too:)

There is also something weird about it - I feel the sillage as moderete, but my surranding aparently as huge - everybody comlements this, so it has to be stronger than I think.

Amber Ylang Ylang is very classy, in great taste, very elegant, not offensive, soft, warm and sexy. This is orient in a very modern way, like Organza after lifting ;)

insolence
insolence

This one is so warm, sexy and delicious. Nothing very complex, but very very pleasant. I hated it on the paper (smelled like very sweet liquor), but on my skin it is all about inoffensive amber and vanilla.

Nicely done, but too overpriced. The drydown reminds me of Miss Dior Le Parfum, which is more complex and interesting than this

MARIAL
MARIAL

just perfect for me! powdery, warm, soapy!

this is my signuture perfume.

I have always a full extra bottle!

melissa3888
melissa3888

DO NOT BLIND BUY THIS JUICE!
As you might have noticed, there's 2 camps: those that love it and those that hate it.

I haven't committed to a bottle, but return again and again to try it on.
If you have good luck with other ambers and vanillas, it may work for you. All that I'm able to smell on my skin is a south pacific sultry and seductive ultra-feminine floral of the ylang ylang. This absolutely underlines why ylang ylang is considered an aphrodisiac. Not a lot of sillage, so it's like wearing lacy panties on Tuesday - It's your secret to make yourself feel pretty. And then you can invite others closer to smell it for themselves, too!

LaSimba
LaSimba

So nice, smells like sweet tea

Snuffeltje
Snuffeltje

When I smell this one I see (nice smelling) old books while a classy woman is sitting in a cozy chair reading them.
It's night and she's enjoying a strong nutty liquor by the fireplace and knows all about the hot romantic scenarios told in the books.

That's the woman I imagine with this perfume.
It was one of the most expensive scents in my tiny collection, but I couldn't control my wallet after I tried this one!

It opens on me very bookpaper-fresh, that melts away in the first five minutes and then the sweetness is taking over.
It developes into a warmer and warmer sweetnes, but the yellow floral note holds it in place very elegant.
It fades away after a long while a kinda powdery.
It's warm (balmy), delicious and rich smelling.

..but not for little girls.. ;)

Siouxsiesparkle
Siouxsiesparkle

This smells exactly like Kiehl's Vanilla & Cedarwood. The only difference between the 2 fragrances, is that Amber Ylang-Ylang is more expensive, is longer lasting on the skin, & has a better sillage. Very warm & comforting.

hollycat
hollycat

The main players in this fragrance is obvious given the name Amber and Ylang. And it lives up to its name for sure. Being, Im not a fan of Ylang unless its well blended with other notes; I cant tolerate this perfume.

The Amber is powdery and powerful. The ylang is there side by side with it in equal measure. It actually gets stronger and sweeter on me as it wears on. I was watching a movie last night and gave this a spray to my wrist. Halfway through the movie I had to hit pause and scrub it off because it was so powerful. I was so irritated by it.

I understand its appeal for those who love warm, embracing comfort scents, but my nose has become sensitive to heavy hitters like this one. The sillage is all over with one squirt, and boy does it last.

Its a rather linear scent that doesnt evolve too much. One thing that makes it more interesting is the spice from the cinnamin note, which makes it slightly gourmand. Then theres the vanilla giving it more warmth and sweetness.

Just and FYI, if your an amber lover and have fallen for this fragrance, I would save your $$$ and at least try Tom Fords Amber Absolute. Both scents are very pricy. But AA is a cleaner amber, that has the quality of fine jewlery. So if your gonna drop a bundle on a gorgeous amber, at least do it with a scent that delivers in quality.

fanny
fanny

When buying some samples of Lutens on the net, I was offered a FB of Privat Collection Amber Ylang Ylang for a very reasonable price. Being not wihtout prejudice about Lauder Perfumes in general, I decided not to be greedy and test first (the owner was kind enough to send me a sample).
At first spray a full blast of happy amber, bergamot and vanilla projected from my skin.
I was surprised by the brightness of this usually profound combination. I guess the cause of it is the cinnamon together with bergamot and sandalwood. Quite intriguing.
Hullo, thats funny... The scent becomes lighter and lighter... !
Where did that sweet amber and vanilla go? I am starting to understand the many complaints about plastic below.. A very nice and rich plastic, though, not just your average dolls head.
A combination of rose, bergamot, sandalwood and cinnamon is what stays behind, rather sharp and superficial..
I think I will have to pass.

Remote, powerful cousin: Glamourous by Ralph Lauren

Edit:
In the very end the amber has a Comeback, very softly..!

candymarie

This absolutely gorgeous, luxurious, warm, sweet, comforting and expensive smelling beauty is the one I receive the most compliments on, hands down (and I've got some beauties in my collection!)

It never fails, whether it's a coworker, a friend, a stranger in the elevator, both men and women, each time I wear it someone will say, "Mmmmmm . . . it smells wonderful in here!"

Intensive ylang-ylang fragrance sweetened by the vanilla and warm amber notes.
As I'm not a huge ylang-ylang lover, this fragrance is just not my cup of tea.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I don't understand why anybody wouldn't love this perfume as much as I do. The amber, vanilla and ylang ylang blend beautifully with the sandalwood to give a warm, sensual, honeyed feel-good aroma. I found it to be versatile for day and night, and was very attracting of comments from the public. The bottle is divine too. It is sensual, warm and balmy, having it on my skin felt like being wrapped in a honeyed, silky mist and the long-lasting whiff took me to faraway places: perhaps an exotic destination not dissimilar to hawaii, bali or mauritus, basking in the sun on a hammock with a pina colada, a bronzed glow and a hibiscus in my ear. Or maybe that's just me needing a holiday ;-)

kookaburrah
kookaburrah

Reminds me of the original coty wild musk oil!

taboo2287

i don't know how can someone dislike this gorgeous fragrance! it's soft and hugs you and make you feel good, my all time fav <3

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

For me this is a very warm amber with just a little vanilla that does not add much sweetness. I don't get the dollhead but there is a note that seems out of place. I smell more of a smokey tobacco note with perhaps some hay in there as well. I think it is untypical for EL, much more like a Nez a Nez style tobacco/whisky fragrance like Atelier d'Artiste. And the lack of obvious sweetness means it works very well on a man and I am quite happy to share mine with darling husband.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Muffled warm yalng-ylang with amber and vanilla. Very close to skin, nothing wow, still not bad. I have it for three years now, and I wear it only few times till now...
And, you know what ... I found out that all my Estee Lauder parfumes change the color (like dark old whisky) even if I keep them in the dark (in the closet). Anybody has the same experience??

cacraine
cacraine

This was a very creamy warm vanilla amber on me....it was almost to sweet but not in a gourmand way. It did not smell bad but I don't think amber is my favorite leading note!!

evelina19
evelina19

I love so much this perfume. warm and sexy! I like that I can smell the vanilla in it. I will certainly buy another bottle next winter!

Ang8761
Ang8761

I was disappointed with this fragrance when I sprayed it on my skin. My wrist smells like sweet, soapy, spice...

Fizzy
Fizzy

Warm ambery vanilla substitutions for this strong loud and expensive pure cream fragrance:
Joop! Le Bain, Betty Barclay - Vanilla, Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon and so on.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is rich and warm - pure creamy ylang ylang and powdery amber with a slight vanilla sweetness as it wears. The sillage is lovely, fanning out in soft waves, very cosy and comforting, yet still quite elegant. The kind of perfume that is worn by the woman but doesn't wear her. Unfortunately when sprayed directly on my skin a slight play dough scent appears, but spraying this on clothes is my remedy as it hangs around for days and gently scents my skin as well. It's extremely enjoyable, it's just a shame it costs so much.

Bandit
Bandit

I get, why it so much loved: It is a warm, ambery vanilla with some ylang ylang. I unfortunately get an artificial smelling doll-head note. That strange smell that dolls of that squashy plastic (used to?) smell of.

I wouldn't buy, as you may have guessed, but I also find it overpriced - plastic note yes or no. It also doesn't smell as expensive as it really is.

There are much cheaper options out there for warm ambery vanilla.

melia
melia

Absolutely lovely sweet and warm... Cozy like a soft sweater. But it reminded me instantly of Jessica Simpsons Fancy!! A smoothly blended one, higher quality and without a 'alcoholic opening', but still.. If you're searching for a smell-a-like, try Fancy!

taboo2287

what a beautiful elegant scent, warm, soft, cozy and welcoming...

beatrix75
beatrix75

so natural sweet in a good vay vanilla ylang-ylang warm amber beautiful!!

Jenavira
Jenavira

Sometimes I am amazed I can find Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang in a department store, this scent smells so natural and of quality ingredients. The nature of it is rather therapeautic with the comforting notes of ylang ylang and amber working harmoniously together. The vanilla adds a nice creamy quality and every once in while there is a wafting of cinnamon and incense. I would also like to add that I love that patchouli is nowhere in this fragrance.

candymarie

This stuff is the bombdiggity! Rich, warm, earthy, mildly sweet and interesting. Sensuous AND elegant. With good sillage that lasts through most of the day. Very similar to Dior Addict. I've got one on each wrist right now, I prefer the EL. And it doesn't irritate my skin, like Addict does.
I see a full bottle of this one in my future. Gotta save my pennies, though, cuz this beauty ain't cheap.

Edit: Now that I've worn this one many times, I don't think it's like Addict at all, except that they're both rich and gorgeous orientals. Addict has a much more aggressive combination of flowers and spice in it, much more peppery.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I like amber in perfumes, its a very comforting sweet that i get from this perfume and combined with ylang ylang and vanilla it is the perfect perfume for me. When the perfume opens i mostly detect the ylang ylang wich is beautiful and then after an hour it settles with vanilla and amber. I really enjoy wearing this.

I too agree that obviously amber seems to some people stinky. To me it does. I didn't like this perfume at all.

ZitaSeletska
ZitaSeletska

Thanks to this one I realized the amber is the ingredient I hate in so many perfumes.At least at such quantity(J.P.Gaultier Classique for example).In many others there is amber, but till you cant notice it,is ok.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Really nice, super warm and comforting, but I have to admit that all I smell is Play-Do. That's fine because I love the smell of Play-Do! That same note can be found in Dior's Hypnotic Poison. I honestly sampled this many times and can't smell any hint of flowers or any of those other notes, maybe a touch of vanilla, but this is in no way a sweet or gourmand perfume. Love it though.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Simple, rich, elegant. A little black dress of EDP. It opens with ylang ylang and sandalwood with amber behind and vanilla. The scent doesn't really change beyond the sillage expanding but it's so buttery and wonderful that you wouldn't want to lose the top notes. This is a particularly enjoyable amber scent and worth seeking out. I haven't smelled the perfume yet but the EDP is so opulent that I'm afraid I might drown in the perfume.

(Someone commented that this changes color over time even when stored away from light. Mine has also turned from a light straw to a color that would be raisin or cinnamon in a fashion magazine. I like the color and think it contributes to the scent, which hasn't changed; I've also confirmed that it doesn't stain or show up on your skin.)

Sillage: 3-4 ft, conversational
Durability: 5-6 hours in cool weather
Fabulosity: Irish butter on a real French baguette
Price to value ratio: reasonable

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

Hmm, this is definitely a woody non-foody vanilla on me, without a trace of either the amber or the ylang-ylang. In fact, I only say "woody" because it has a bit more depth and bitterness than the classic vanilla scents usually do (like Casmir) - but a very good vanilla extract will have these properties too, and there's no wood there (I think). I love good vanilla in my cakes, so I use only a top-notch vanilla extract when baking, and it smells A LOT like this.

A very simple, warm, sweet, and cozy scent - a great one for winter - but misleadingly named and categorized.

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

estti lauder used very problematic color ingrediants , this is the third one that change is color no matter where the bottle kept

this one become colored drak brown after few month , i went to the store and ask to replace it , the tester was totlly in great condition like the the picture here, so the seller decide to open other bottle and discover that the new bottle become ugly brown too ...they refund my money offcrous ,
i had the same experience with "pleasure "that become yellow

DawnLady3
DawnLady3

I absolutely agree with DaisyQ on this one. I have a habit of falling madly for a fragrance and rushing out to buy it, only to get bored with it after a few wearings and end up selling it on eBay. But this one I really do love more and more, especially in the cold weather. It is my favourite winter comfort fragrance. The amber is never too loud and to me it blends perfectly with the ylang and vanilla. The overall effect is warm, comforting, feminine (to me), elegant, refined - and utterly beautiful. It lasts for hours and hours (I can put it on in the morning and sometimes still smell it the following morning), so you only need a small amount, and the drydown just gets softer and better - the vanilla becomes more prominent and it gets sweeter, but never too sweet. It is like no other perfume I have tried, and I highly recommend it.

Lottis
Lottis

WOW! I like this one:))
The first sniff was fantastic ... soft amber and ylang ylang, not Brash, to my nose. But unfortunately, the perfume was developed into something that reminds me of play-douhg, bit salty, in a weird way. After half an hour it grows to a soft vanilla and sandalwood up on my skin and "play dough" smell disappears.
In the end it remains as a vanilla scent on me but not at all sweet one.
staying poower - GOOD!
Yes, um, yes, I like it. Wishlist next!
In Sweden I can get Amber Y.Y 75ml for $150 not to bad... but not cheap.

I also tried the other perfumes in the Private collection (but only on paper) ...did not like them at all.

I have been curious about the Estee Lauder Private Collection for some time now, what with its thinly veiled insinuation that the other members of the EL line-up are somehow destined for hoi polloi. What could "private" really mean when these new fragrances were being sold just as freely at the EL website as all of the others by, I might add, a big-time corporate monster which encompasses several other ostensibly independent lines as well (Clinique, Prescriptives, Origins, Aveda, Darphin, La Mer, etc...).

Having finally gained access to samples of a couple of the EL PC (not-so p.c.) perfumes, I am now happily in a position to say something about the compositions, rather than waxing vainly about globalization.

AMBER YLANG YLANG opens with a veritable bomb of amber, already not the most subtle of notes, and here presented in a concentration sufficient to mask even the usually strong character of ylang ylang. As the amber begins to wear away slightly (which is strange, since usually amber figures in the basenotes, not the topnotes), the vanilla and sandalwood begin to assert themselves. The lightly sweet, floral-woody drydown of this composition is just beautiful. However, the brash amber opening is a bit much for me.

I would say that the question here is not about sophistication but amber tolerance. Anyone who loves Robert Piguet BAGHARI will welcome the opening of AMBER YLANG YLANG. Others may wish to hold their breath for several minutes.

Does this "private collection creation" live up to the hype? Well, the price is definitely not right. If this perfume is succeeding, it's only because there are enough people with enough money and insufficient olfactory sophistication to know better than that paying triple digits for a bottle guarantees superior perfumosity. I, for one, am unimpressed.

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

im suprised to see all these critics about this fragrance.iwas in morroco afew years ego and i bumped into a tiny little store in the market place of marrakech that sold spices..and witchcraft also.the oldman who owned it told me about the fine ingredients that could drive aman crazy.and he opened two large jars that contained a white substance like old fasshioned soap.one of them was amber.that time i diodnt know about parfumerie ,so i thought it was another trick that he did just to get afew money.so i kept it in ajar.till nowadays.when i discoverd fragrantica i read about ambergis and the way it is produced, out of whales stomach.the smell of estee lauders ylang ylang amber
is exactly how ambergis smells..onto my skin i dont detect ylang ylang but only ambergis ,and exactly as the bar i have .. i believe this perfume is very beautiful,and brings all these memories..to my mind..

adele l
adele l

Something clashes here for me- tried the decant twice to be sure. It seems out of balance on my skin like the vanilla is too sweet and the ylang ylang too artificial..just as well given the price!

kylexora

Finally, I owned a bottle. And, I'm disapppointed.. I expect something smell expensive from this bottle. But, not. Smell like cream soda, but not in a good way. The drydown is worse, very granny smell. No wonder they named it Private Collection, it was Mrs Lauder perfume during her golden ages, maybe. I'm a big fan of vanilla, musk, amber.... but ylang-ylang, i'm not sure i like it.
Well, back to the perfume, the perfume smell like cheap powder plus sweat that stick on your grandma clothes. I had smell this on my grandma sister, but of course she dont this. The smell is actually her sweat mixed with tacl powder she wear. I have to give it up, really not for me. The price do not match the smell. Well, all of private collection do not attract to me. They all smell like grandma smell... hate 'em all...

9154mf
9154mf

This is quite a powdery scent, a soft amber ylang vanilla combo, At first i got a fizziness, almost like creamy soda, then powderiness sets in. I like all these notes, but for some reason i would not buy this, its not bad, it just lacks something special for me, it doesnt stand out, the amber is not very strong in this.

kylexora

I think i may like it. Well, as see the notes, i love most of them, except ylang-ylang. And i just won this item from an auction in eBay. I waiting for the perfume to arrive and i will leave my comment after i try it. Can't wait anymore.. i really wanna know how it smells like...

DaisyQ
DaisyQ

This is one of those perfumes in my collection that honestly, I like it more each time I wear it.

It's comforting, elegant and sensual and stays close to the skin. This must not be a typical amber scent, because all the scents I've tried after this with "amber" in the name - I have not liked. But this, this is delicious. No other perfume comes to mind for a reference point, this is unlike any other I've smelled. I did get the playdoh note at first, but that dissipates and the most lovely, creamy scent develops that is neither too sweet, spicy, woody or incensy.

I feel like I own one of the world's most unique and divine scents. Frankly, it's hard to believe that this is not niche.

Very pleasant scent, strong but not overpowering, intense and elegant. The amber comes out softly and stay put. It's a very womanly, seductive yet refined scent. I would buy it for cold weather.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

I loved it when I first tried it on in the store. Then tried it a second time and great at first. Really warm and cozy, but the dry down is way to sweet.

Cherub573
Cherub573

This is a pleasant, inoffensive fragrance. Subtle and clean, but not in the fresh way, but in a skin scent/sensuous way. Very sweet woodsy, and the amber is like a soft powder. It actually smells ALOT like Almond Cookie (which does NOT smell like a cookie) by Carol's Daughter imo, except I prefer this one because it's a bit smoother and softer.

jewels
jewels

I just recieved a sample of thi with a purchase of cosmetics from Estee Lauder. I hadn't even given it a chance when I saw it on the EL website, but boy was I making a mistake! I think I've found my new signature scent. It has such a lovely, sexy, baby powder romantic vibe to it. It smells clean yet sexy at spicy at the same time. I know that a lot of it has to do with your own body chemistry, and I guess this just works for me. I will be buying it, fast! I keep smelling my arm where I sprayed the perfume, and I can't seem to pick up on a particular scent that is very familiar to me. It may take awhile but I'm willing to keep trying. I love it!!!!!!!!!!

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Whoa! What a discovery...this perfume is simply beautiful. It is simple because there aren't twenty different notes to discern. It is beautiful because what you smell is sweet, sexy sandalwood and amber mixed with a soft, low key ylang-ylang. The longer it stays on the skin, the more lovely it becomes. Not too sweet or overbearing; I have had problems wearing ylang-ylang in the past but not with this one. It has excellent staying power and I really enjoy it when I wear it. For me, completely full bottle worthy.

Scent lover

I went back yesterday to try it once again and once again I found plenty of vanilla in it and not even a clue of ylang ylang and tiny bit of amber.. Disappointing for me as I really was anxiously waiting for it and hoping to like it.

Scent lover

I was anxious to try it and yesterday I did. Pity but this perfume for me is more about vanilla & Ylang-ylang rather than amber. And I wanted beautiful and warm amber surrounded by ylang-ylang. Anyhow, I will keep testing it. Maybe I didnt get it right from the first time. Maybe I did :-)