Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Estée Lauder for women

Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Estée Lauder for women
dislike

tuberose
Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Estée Lauder for women Pictures Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Estée Lauder for women Pictures Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Estée Lauder for women Pictures Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Estee Lauder grand daughter, Aerin Lauder, has decided to honor the memory of her grandmother by creating a new perfume which is based on the fragrance Private Collection created at the beginning of 1970s especially for Estee Lauder's use. The company is preparing for launch of Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia at the end of summer 2007.

The fragrance composition is based on two flowers that Estee Lauder appreciated most, gardenia and tuberose, surrounded by orange flower, jasmine and white lily. In the top notes are neroli, lilac, and rosewood, and the base is composed of carnation and vanilla bourbon. The perfume is created in line with the Aerin Lauder's conception by noses of Firmenich.

The perfume bottle design was inspired by Josef Hoffmann brooch, the top is gold, encrusted with semi-precious gemstones such as aventurine, citrine, green and yellow jade, and nephrite. Each bottle will be unique, as each gemstone is unique.

Brazilian Rosewood Lilac Neroli

Marc Jacobs

Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

The good news is, I recently found several Estee Lauder perfumes which I really like. The bad news is this isn't one of them. OK, I don't like Tuberose or white florals but when I smelled this I literally recoiled. Its just so extremely white floral" reminds me of Faith Hills original.I cant help but think of a bathroom sanitizer spray.
If you like whie florals you will probably love this but if you don't, stay far away.

Spaztic
Spaztic

This is a pleasant easy going fragrance. Good for those who like Tuberose but are afraid to wear it because 90% of the perfumes with Tuberose are silage monsters (I love them anyways!). This would be your "work safe" tuberose.
It actually comes off a little like a really nice hair product (a nice hairspray) on my skin, but that's not a complaint. The people who I had smell my arm really liked it, enough to asked what it was called and where I found it.
It's not super complex (but it doesn't need to be); it's a nice light fragrance for those who love white florals

Orange_blossom
Orange_blossom

This is a lovely fragrance, but I'm getting orange blossom. I have houbigant orangers en fluers, and this is a softer version of that intense fragrance. I also have fracas (tuberose) and petales (gardenia), and it's nothing like them. If you're looking for a sparkling fresh white floral, this would be a good choice. If I didn't already have those three fragrances, I'd buy this.

sniff000
sniff000

This is by far the best white floral fragrance I ever smelled! It has a moderate sillage, and lasts around 9 hours on my skin. The smell of the flowers are very realistic and natural. Very beautiful and irresistible!

antihero
antihero

Alot of excellent reviews on this so I will make it short and succinct.
This is an excellent quality gardenia, quite potent, with an an amazing green tuberose. The gardenia appears before the tuberose, but for tuberose-lovers like me, happily the tuberose sidles up and then glows beautifully.
For gardenia lovers this is a great fragrance, the gardenia to my nose, stands out more than the tuberose. Very good. I strongly recommend.

archergirl
archergirl

Oh, I love this perfume. Gorgeous, lush, ultra-feminine and somehow *round* in shape. Although it's called 'Tuberose Gardenia', for me the first powerful hit is gardenia, rather than tuberose. Some gardenia fragrances can be overpoweringly heavy, or sickly sweet, but this one is rich but light; the tuberose kicks in soon after, distinct from the gardenia and filling out the top end. It also has (on me) a hint of peach and bright white flowers. Neroli is very present in the middle notes, and the dry down goes toward a floral vanilla without ever becoming too sweet. It didn't last terribly long on my skin, so I ended up spraying some on my shirt, where it lasted through a very hot and sweaty day as well as two hours on a train. My BFF got a bottle from her mother as a gift, and I'm trying to figure out a way to wheedle it off of her, as the perfume isn't cheap (my review is based on 'borrowing' some of the BFF's!). But well worth every penny if you like being transported to a tropical beach with swaying palm trees. Just beautiful.

SoCal Gwen

My mistake; I went back to Macy's today, because what I sampled yesterday became AMAZING and lasted over 8 hours! ends up (I didn't know, and wasn't told yesterday) that there is Private Collection, and Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. I apparently sampled the Private collection yesterday. (tried both today.)

PC-TG is very true gardenia scent; too true for me. I like more depth of character in a perfume.

PC is truly grass grass grass the first full hour for me. It then becomes a baby powder scent for another hour, THEN morphs into pure heaven that I can't even describe. Problem is, I'm not going to wait for 2.5-3 hours to get the scent I want, even if it DOES last another 5-6 hours on top of that.

SoCal Gwen

Sad to say that this one does NOT work for me. When I first sprayed it on, all I got was green cut grass. Not the nice summery smell of freshly cut grass...nasty green grass smell. Within 10 minutes, the baby powder scent started to compete with, not compliment, the green grass. Don't get me wrong, when I was in my early 20's when Love's Baby Soft came out, I loved wearing the smell of baby powder. At 62, not so much. After about 30 minutes, the grass was dissipating, and it became more of a strong sweet baby powder, with a hint of something warmer, almost an amber, starting to back it up. At that point, it was almost tolerable, but the baby powder scent just never developed into any particular floral that I could appreciate. On me. It's been an hour and a half; nothing else is developing.

On my skin/with my body chemistry, Michael Kors is FAR superior. I can distinguish the tuberose, the gardenia, even a hint of honeysuckle...and then it finishes to a lovely white floral arrangement. I get NONE of that with Private Collection. :(

nebbe
nebbe

Really pretty, fresh floral fragrance. Lightly green, sweet. This would be a good choice for events: a friend's wedding or graduation.

For me, I think too pretty for the office and daily use - but I can see lots of other occasions for it. Probably not FB but definitely another decant.

lauren.gonzalez.963
lauren.gonzalez.963

I scored by finding this at Marshalls for $16!! And after wearing it today, I know its going to be a staple this summer! The AC went out where I work, so I was so lucky to work in a hellish environment for 8 hours....and all throughout this perfume was keeping me feeling as fresh as I possibly could. On my skin, the opening smells like tires, but about an hour in, I can smell fresh gardenias for sure, then just a slight touch of tuberose. This is also a great perfume for people that are iffy about tuberose, because I still am, but this is lovely! Lastly, the lasting power is AWESOME! About 8-9 hours and still going, all the while being very gentle as far as sillage considering I was sweating like crazy . Truly a wonderful fresh fragrance!!!

CitrusHead
CitrusHead

Very pretty fragrance. This reminds me a little of the flowery EL Beautiful but this is more dainty. The tuberose is very pretty and does not stand in front or overwhelm. I think Lauder could have called this Private Collection "Gardenia Tuberose" probably because the tuberose is not the fatty, creamy type. It's a more green, gardenia-scented tuberose. The jasmine is also very pretty & blends well.

This is so ladylike & clean. No patchouli nastiness, no musk, no sandalwood, no fruity sweets. Just fresh and pretty white flowers. I can't stop smelling my wrist when I wear this. It lifts my mood & makes me think of sunny days. I think this fragrance works for women of many ages & for any occasion; it's a classic & feminine fragrance. I feel comfortable wearing this with jeans & all dressed up for an evening out.

This is nothing like the tuberose powerhouse "Fracas" & nothing like "Truth or Dare". Fracas has a much creamier tuberose/TOD has creamy but green notes & they both have base notes that stand out; musk & amber. All variations on the tuberose, one of my favorite scents.

chrisndema
chrisndema

I highly anticipated a sample of this and all i can say is i am a little dissapointed. Im a lover of gardenia my very first being Liz taylors which had an artificial note in it but was tolerable. Then of course Kim K first frag was a big gardenia and i have to say after sampling this....... I prefer Kim K. And oh did i mention Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia smells exactly like this and its a fraction of the cost of ELTuberose Gardenia. Longevity gets 5 stars tho.

sheridanellis

Hooray! I received a full sized bottle of this gem for Mother's Day today. I wore it on the back of my neck and went out to do a bit of work in the garden. The sun & my efforts warmed up the scent. I love it. The white florals don't strangle or choke out the other notes at all. It is a very beautiful scent that smells like a tropical garden & money all at the same time. You get a much "richer" smell than what you pay for with this. If you are on the fence, give it a try...I decided 2 years ago to force myself out of my "gourmand & vanilla's only" niche I was stuck in & branch out to white florals first. I've enjoyed most of them very much & get so many more compliments on my scents now. They must work with my chemistry.
Cheers!

sheridanellis

This is a beautiful scent. I only have a small vial so have used it sparingly & but it is on my Mother's Day wish list! :)

This smells like a lush garden full of gardenia's and some wafting jasmine to me. The tuberose is very subtle in my opinion, not the dark sultry over-stimulating version that is used in some other perfumes. (Cough, Fracas).

EL perfumes always seem to have a veritable
"thumb-print" if you will, to my nose. I can recognize something about them right off the bat, & I enjoy that about them. This has that EL 1970's sort of vibe to my nose...very much like the Original Private Collection, it smells more complicated than the two notes listed in the name of the scent. Could be a perfect Wedding Day scent!

I am also smelling a bit of lilac, rose & dark earth, some greenery that replicates moss, & LOVE the bourbon base, which sounds odd if not gross to mix with these notes, but it really does ground the whole mess of florals, being quite necessary to the composition.
The dry down has turned a bit sour on my skin, but I am still enjoying it. I feel as though this stayed quite near my skin, and even on this hot Spring day, there was not much silage.
There is also a unique similarity between this and the "EL Very Estee" perfume I recently purchased & reviewed. The latter is at a much lower price point, so if you are looking for something similar, may I suggest Very Estee.
Cheers! xo

FinerThings
FinerThings

One of the nicest tuberose/gardenia perfumes out there. If you are looking for an artful and sophisticated tuberose/gardenia blend, look no further, this is it.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

A top-notch tuberose-gardenia blend. This is one of the longest lasting and best sillage perfumes containing awesome florals and other notes. Usually a blend like this doesn't last nearly as long or project as much. No amber, sandalwood or patchouli.

I'd recommend this to any tuberose lover. Sweet and evocative of real gardens. Lovely.

AUNZBOX
AUNZBOX

High quality of natural gardenia and tuberose note. It smells like fresh floral after the rain. You know this when you grow gardenia in your own garden.

Inamorata
Inamorata

I am a big fan of the Tuberose flower, thus I instantly fell in love with this fragrance from Estee Lauder. Now I am even more exicited that I found at a good price on Strawberry :D

novembertea
novembertea

I'm gonna skip right to the 1hr drydown - which was pretty much dead flowers on me. Absolutely no sillage, after 1 hr I barely smell it at all. Very disappointing! I wish I was one of the ladies here who found this one to last a long time. Oh well - on goes my search for the perfect white floral!

brt
brt

It's snowing very hard here today and I put on the ELPC Tuberose Gardenia to remind me that spring is on the way. I usually like a warm spicy fragrance on a day like this but it's March, the Yankees are playing a spring training game on TV, and I am gravitating toward Spring & Easter. The sweetness of the gardenia and tuberose is a brave little bloom peeking up from beneath the snow, with it's noble promise of warm breezes and sunny days. It's such a feminine fragrance, all floral to my nose and nothing artificial to it. I remember my mother's Jungle Gardenia and I believe it sparkled where this one sends out a romantic poem of beauty. Very much a woman's fragrance to enjoy all for herself when she so desires. It's one of my favorites for me, myself, and I.

Ioli19
Ioli19

Absolutely adore this one, creamy gardenia at its very best, tuberose takes very much secondary role, which is how I like it. It's got longevity , the only perfume to go past the 4 hour mark on me ever, the sillage is just right, it cheers up my senses and uplifts my mood. Neither too sweet, nor too green, amazing balance.
Classy floral, with presence but not attitude, stylish, serene, gives you a waft now and again and catches you unaware. I think this will be the gold standard in regards to gardenia.
I will always have a back up of this, expensive but worth it!

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

This was an unexpected hit for me. When I first sprayed it, it smelled a little too mature. The florals were very heavy and almost too overwhelming. However, the scent quickly settled down into a beautiful tuberose-gardenia blend that was just strong enough to be noticed. This perfume is so lush and luxurious that I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It's almost ceremonial, like the perfect wedding day perfume. It's on my list of wedding day perfumes because it would be perfect for a spring wedding. I just love it.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I usually sniff my arms to review a fragrance. This time? It's my décolletage. What I'm inhaling when I shove my nose down the top of my sweater is a milky floral that is swoon-worthy!

On initial spray it can be pretty indolic, which is probably a sign that the juice inside is quality. (For me, this is a "pee-ew" stage, but it only lasts a minute.) Ah, but after this: a creamy blend of white flowers! I am not certain what the difference in smell is between gardenia, tuberose and jasmine, because they so often are blended together. So, I'll take reviewers' word for it that the main notes voted are the way they might appear to most people. I DO recognize orange blossom/neroli -- scents I adore -- and they, too, play a part in this gorgeous blend.

Use sparingly! A little will go a long way.

88keys
88keys

I was never a perfume fan in my youth...the stong stuff gave me the old lady headache and the cheap stuff smelled fake like bubble gum...Id tred chantilly...ok...and over the years I would try out florals but nver found anything remarkable enoug h to want to put it on.....I love the smell of jasmine,tuberrose,lilly of the valley,cirrus,ylang ylang,gardeia,orchid....etc..you get the idea...light ..I tried beyond paradise but it was not perfect...After wearing this I can say Ive found my HG.and on my second large bottle..only 120.00...this blend is remarkable...I want to make love to myself when im wearing it...haha..it is so balanced..not to stong on the gardenia....it drys down to nice and soft..my husband said he like how I smell and he hates obvious perfume
I wish I could find a parisian perfume as good as this without the carnation...which I dont care for...

LeahJane1972
LeahJane1972

On me, this smells almost exactly like my White Shoulders, only stronger. The scents stays stuck in the back of my sinuses. I will stick with WS.

almarie
almarie

Unfortunately this smells rotten on me. I hate the tuberose- esque notes. I guess I really don't like much of Estee Lauder scents. Oh well.

aqua76239
aqua76239

If you want to smell like real fresh gardenia flower, go no further than this scent. Its amazing how real this smells. I always thought that I prefer fragrance that smells like real gardenia but now that I have it, I don't think this is for me. Be careful what you wish for...
Despite it named gardenia/tuberose, and containing many other floral notes, I pretty much get heady green gardenia freshly plucked of the bush and nothing else. To me this doesn't smell like Michael Kors because that one is mostly about tuberose and lot sweeter.
I found this in a gift set in TJ Maxx, with large bottle of edt and purse sized for under $40. Considering that deparment store price on this is around a $100(in my area) this is a pretty good deal. However, I am still trying to decided if this is for me.

waterapples
waterapples

Love this! I'm usually more attracted to spicy orientals but this is beautiful. It reminds me of taking a deep breath of a fresh gardenia. This has good sillage and longevity. Highly recommended!

nastyamason
nastyamason

I finally found a set in my TJMaxx and gave it a try. It started so lovely with a nice balance between notes but later turned into pure power tuberose. It wrapped around my neck and started squeezing. I could not come home fast enough to change my clothes and even after I did, I can still smell it. Headache in a bottle. Not for a blind buy.

Update: I thought I was smelling tuberose which I have difficulties with. However, when I bought Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia, it smelled identical to EL Tuberose Gardenia and made me just as sick. This was a surprise for me, because I always loved body products and candles with gardenia as a main note. But both perfumes were suffocating for me. If you love Tuberose Gardenia, try Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia which is more affordable.

dogmom
dogmom

Marvelous fragrance!!!!!!!!! And it isn't $300, more like $145, the larger EDP. It is much more delicate than the original PC, which, to me, is a tad more "old fashioned". This tuberose / gardenia is exquisite! I can still smell it at night, after spraying in the morning! And I do NOT have an "experienced nose"...

thatsperf
thatsperf

I really love this perfume. The staying power is amazing. I sprayed the tester on the card and on my coat and could still smell the perfume on my coat for days and on the card for 2 weeks. Beautiful pure white floral that does not smell indolic. I know that there are no frangipani note in the perfume but the scent to my nose reminds me of the scent of the frangipani tree near my old primary school. Too expensive for now but will definitely get it on a discount.

817flowers
817flowers

I just found this at Marshalls on sale for $39.00. Reg. price there was $49.00. Finally.... it was great to be able to purchase this one that was on my wish list.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Strong gardenia, white floral, lasting, grown up old style perfume. Can be overwhelming, white petals illuminum or Chanel gardenia are very similar, may be more expensive.

m.monia
m.monia

DEAR READERS :
Hello,please tell me:is there any perfume very similar to this one private collection gardenia tubrose,because it is very much lovely and beautiful but too expensive ,please answer

doncol
doncol

This was a blind buy should know not to by now - too many mistakes. It is soft and close to the skin on me (thank goodness) as it smells a bit cheap and plastic definitely not worth the price I would prefer Do Son or Annick Goutal or Serge Lutens Tuberose Crim. Having said this someone just walked into my office and said 'you smell really nice' so what do I know (or maybe what do they know). CD Sydney

SayakaP
SayakaP

A gem.

When you're strolling in summer evening, you catch a strong scent of flowers in the air...
Tuberose Gardenia smells exactly like that.

On my skin, it's more like Gardenia Neroli. Tuberose is there, but I get more Neroli.

What amazes me is that this stays White Floral from the top to dry down.
Many other white floral frag I know loses the floral character once they dry down and then become it's base note, like Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk etc... But this one drys down as naturalistic flowers!
How did the perfumer do it?

I've got Michael Kors by Michael Kors. Tuberose Gardenia is similar to it, but Michael Kor is more Tuberose-y, yet less opulent.

*Edit*
I found out that I get more Tuberose in cooler, less humid environment.
Ladies in cooler country can disregard my 'Gardenia Neroli' notion above.
Truely pure and lovely either way, though.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a wonderful tuberose/gardenia scent -- fresh and light. Reminds me of a daytime version of Fracas. Strong but not overwhelming white florals -- just a bit indolic. Really lovely. This is a white floral you could wear to work. Great if you like Fracas but it is a bit too strong for you -- it's in a similar vein but lighter, fresher, more for daytime wear.

miss mills
miss mills

Lordy, fellow Fragrantican, Adiro is so generous! Thank you SO much for the sample of this rare and unusual gem. This fragrance (on my skin) is very heady, belt ya up the back of the nostrils chock full of gardenias and neroli with a whack of tuberose backing it up - it feels a little like someone holding the most fragrant bunch of strongly scented flowers, mostly white right up to your nose. It's a very close fragrance, feels like I should be able to actually see where I applied it, it's that syrupy on me.
Maybe my nose has been forever tainted when it comes to tuberose as Fragile by Gaultier has it in truckloads but I just don't get it so much here. Will have to sniff again later today (bummer!). I suspect this one, though I am in love with gardenia flowers - will remain a sample much like L'Heure Bleu for me. I will open it once in a while, try it on, appreciate it but then let it sit. It doesn't need me, this art piece, like L'Heure Bleu, PCTG tells a story entirely its own, not sure it needs anyone to carry it even.

Scout
Scout

I received a sample of this some time ago and had never worn it. I was going to reach for Beautiful to wear to a wedding with both daytime and evening events this past weekend. But it was excessively humid where I was and I just couldn't imagine the headache I might give someone who doesn't like Beautiful, so I opted for this instead. What happened is that I gave myself a headache instead.
Visualize if you will a triangle split in half. One side is the gardenia, the other side is the tuberose. At the top you have a meeting point where the two dance as one, but for the most part, they emerge distinctly. That's this fragrance. The unfortunate consequence of this unblended dichotomy is that I mentally oscillated between the two notes, and I nearly got seasick. I'm not kidding. Each whiff I got from this massive projection was different. Inhale *sweet* exhale. Inhale *gardenia* exhale. Inhale *strong* exhale. Inhale *soft* exhale. I literally got dizzy from my own thoughts!
I really didn't get much base, save for some lilac and a tidge of vanilla.
Two ladies did say "Oh gosh you smell good, you smell like the arrival tarmac of a Hawaii vacation. Leis are made of tuberose" but that's about it. A good perfume is when I, not the cologne, smell good. It should be me, not this behemoth on me that's standing out separate from "me." This is just wayyyy too good and stands out on its own for the better part of 8 hours.
When I woke the next morning, it had finally merged with my chemistry and was glorious. The piercing was gone, and I was left with what I'll call a "warm lily" for lack of a better description.
Unfortunately I can't wait 8 hours a day for a drydown....Good thing this was just a sample.

Maathir
Maathir

Soft elegant perfume but it is so expensive over the budget

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This fragrance is now available at Macy's - and has such a gorgeous packaging that I want to be able to wear the fragrance, but alas... on my skin - this goes very "plastic-y"... in the early wear. It is almost "headache material" - the kind of thing that you want to dash to the women's restroom and rinse off.

I'll admit, my chemistry is very fickle. What other people love - and can wear well, I can't... and visa versa. The only way that you will know if this works for you, is to try it and wear it. See what this is like on you.

---------

The packaging is truly outstanding. Out of all of the fragrances out today- I really love this packaging. It looks like a distinct work of modern art. The bejeweled golden insignia looks as if it could be worn as a necklace. I love it. I wish that this worked for me, because I love the packaging so much that I'd like to have this sitting in my dressing area! It is stunningly gorgeous, but smells like plastic on my skin the first couple of hours.

After the plastic smell wears down, this is tolerable on my skin... but nothing that draws me in enough to purchase it. This may be something similar to the gold bottle of David Yurman, where you have to wear it awhile to see if this fits you, or not.... but the initial overwhelming plastic smell is not my thing.

Estee Lauder makes so many great fragrances that I can recommend. Beautiful and Knowing are two of my very favorite. This packaging is so pretty that I want to love it as well as the other two, but it doesn't work for me.

healthyvegan
healthyvegan

When I wear this on a sunny summer day, I walk around in a cloud of happiness~
(very mood enhancing)

Alex1984
Alex1984

Right now, one of the best gardenia renditions on the market. Arquiste's rendition is pretty good too but on my skin it disappears in half an hour.
Tuberose Gardenia starts slightly mentholated, a la Tubereuse Criminelle but nowhere near as potent, where TC wraps you in a menthol embrace, holding you tightly, TG whispers to you in a cool green way. Heart is pure gardenia along tuberose, but devoid off the usual creaminess. Instead it feels like being in a garden with gardenias in bloom, petals, leaves and all inhaling the eroticness around you. Good sillage, great longevity.
Most definitely unisex and amazing all year round. I have my cool calm and collected gardenia, now I'm waiting for my naughty and animalic one.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

mmmm.. smells of soft delicious french soap. killer projection! Its clean and beautiful, very high end, upper class fragrance. GORGEOUS. Use the lightest of applications, seriously, it goes a long way. Undeniably for the mature audience, 50's and above. I'm going to get this for my mother as she's a Baton Rouge belle in her mid 60's and adores gardenia. I can imagine the silage being a power house in the Louisiana heat.

butterbean
butterbean

Today I decided I would splurge on something new. I had my eye on this one - due to the notes, and rave reviews.

To my chagrin - it is way way WAY too similar to Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs and Diptyque Do Son (of which I own both).

Tuberose Gardenia is gorgeous. At first spray it is has a sharp neroli lilac-y bite to it but give it 15 -20 min and the heart of the fragrance settles in and its truly all tuberose and gardenia. Which is very beautiful.

Longevity is 4-5 hrs.

Again this is so similar to Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs - can't justify the purchase.

shotsilkrose
shotsilkrose

More gardenia, but still lovely. Overpriced yes.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

While at the EL counter chatting with a friend who works there, I picked up the random bottles and put them to my nose, this one was heavenly! It was like being given a bouquet of gardenia, and not being able to keep your face out of them. I couldn't detect anything chemical or synthetic about it, just pure gardenia heaven. Truly a must for gardenia lovers to at least smell this one.

ros.aini
ros.aini

This is my signature perfume. i don t know why i love it so so much..but i really love it, i m dying for it!
at first i still remember how all people around me hate it..but as it goes with time, i got many compliments..
And personally, i think its so beautiful, elegent, classy, and smell so pretty. i can imagine mysel as a beautifull queen in the tuberose garden..secret garden palace in rich kingdom. the sillage is enormous, and very long lasting. i think this perfume is just right for some one like me...

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Sprayed this today at Sephora. Initially, as expected, you get a perfect balance of tuberose and gardenia. Surprise, surprise....but...wait for it... oh, there it is, the over pungent indole kicks in full force turning what would be a lovely fragrance into a nightmare of decayed flowers. Perhaps fleeting, but I didn't let it kick around to find out. I'm not a fan of really indolic scents.

pisces3774
pisces3774

WHAT HAPPENED?
I first tried this gorgeous Tuberose & Gardenia at Neiman Marcus in winter 2012. I was blown away, and I agree with all of the other positive reviews. Amazingly real gardenia - rubbery, bubble gummy, full. Lovely tuberose as well - very distinct. Very high quality.

I ended up buying PC Jasmine White Moss instead, a difficult decision between the two. The 1oz size came in a beautiful fold-out box.

Then....
Tuberose and Gardenia appreared at Macy's, to my utter delight. Both the 1oz and larger (3.4?) are housed in a regular box. I bought a 1oz on the spot - this was my chance to finally own it!

UTTER DISAPPOINMENT!!
I sprayed and sprayed. ALL DAY. NO longevity at all. I do not have "scent-eating skin." I thought it was maybe the day, maybe I didn't moisturize enough and the scent just didn't cling. Maybe hormones. Unfortunately, it was the same story for the next two days...

I am convinced that Lauder has diluted the formula, changed the box, and allowed a lower-tier store like Macy's (sorry, it's gone south!) to carry it. They know people love it, so why not widen the distribution and make a little more cash??

I am disappointed enough to return it. I will be getting another bottle of the original Private Collection. It is one of the finest perfumes and secret treasures Lauder makes. Hopefully, they won't change this one!!

harpist
harpist

My mother has wanted this for a long time ever since she sampled it in December. We went to Macy's recently and she fell in love with it again.
Instantly the gardenia and tuberose notes were very prominent- the other notes such as the rosewood are what I believe make this smell more fresh and clear than any other tuberose/gardenia apparent fragrances.

Florence by Tocca has evident gardenia but it has a more of a waxy almost crayon-like smell. Very Hollywood by Michael Kors also has that same smell but it is covered by a fruitier sharpness from the mandarin orange and raspberry. It is not without saying this private collection has it too, but I am starting to realize it is probably the distinguishing scent for gardenia (which I don't enjoy as much as my mother). However the warm vanilla dry down made that waxy smell so much more tolerable because of the high quality that Estee Lauder perfume brings and it actually started to grow on me.

Honestly this is the best tuberose fragrance I have encountered!
What is further amazing about this is that it lasted for many hours. My mother had accidentally spilled her sample in her purse and it lasted for weeks. When I tried it this time, it even lasted after I had washed my hands with soap twice- the same result happened for my mother. Also the sillage was on the heavier side; I would not recommend over spraying this. Although the Tuberose Gardenia is very expensive, I think it is a very luxurious and elegant/classy fragrance with great longevity.
Some similar fragrances would be Michael Kors Michael Kors, but I think EL has better quality.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

All I get from this is a heavy indolic gardenia and tuberose bomb. I have a good nose and I have a hard time picking out any other notes in this scent. Not for me. I do not want to smell like a gardenia bush. I have one in my yard if I want that smell.

StinkySally
StinkySally

An absolutely perfect olfactory confection! It is one of my all time top favorites (others being Chanel #5, L'Heure Bleu, Serge Lutens A La Nuit, Caleche and any of the Hermes line, Poeme, etc.). It's sweet and spicy, soft. Like most Estée Lauder, it's superbly blended: they get it right. It's somewhat like Estée. Gorgeous. I put it on when I'm feeling frumpy or especially "light". It's a mood brightening, lovely scent.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Being a tuberose lover (my love for the flower came first, after I discovered the note) I would say this perfume is more about gardenia than about tuberose. That alone makes it a second choice for me but I think this is a subtle composition with Lauder's quality: good materials with good and long lasting dry down. Quite a moderate sillage in this case for my skin. I don't find it loud or showing off at all. It is even sort of cool and distanced. If it is to be consider an angel as some other fragranticans suggest, it should be one with an icy touch. Frozen elegance, strict and severe though beautify with exceptional flowers.

I prefer the edt to the perfume and mainly use it for formal situations in both spring and summer. I wish I had the solid perfume, solid ones give a creamy turn to scents that I'm sure I'll be pretty liking in this case.

claudiad13
claudiad13

I really love this fragrance. Initially, I smell all tuberose, green and strong. After an hour or so I begin to smell the gardenia. It's delicious, strong, sexy, and alluring. It a scent that equals one of the very expensive variety.

Cams
Cams

This is fantastic! White florals can be difficult to pull off but this is feminine, soft, ethereal and lasts all day. Don't be put off if it appears strong at the very beginning - it just gets more beautiful the longer you wear it! I was taking a break from white florals but this changed my mind. Wonderful!

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

This edition of Aerin Lauder's homage to her grandmother is as focused as a painted portrait.I get the the feeling that the attention to perfection was a painstakingly careful process.
This is perhaps the truest, most natural repesentation of gardenia I have encountered in a fragrance, and gardenia has the most alluring develoment of all florals on my skin.It is sensuous, heady and carnal. Totally sexy. The other side of coin is that only a small spritz is needed, and you will enjoy this gem until your shower.
I love that this doesn't go through several incarnations before it's drydown, because it's opening is that beautiful.
My only disappointment is, were's the tubeose? My skin has long cheated me out of tuberose, so much that I am not sure if I have ever smelled it at all (Hey, what does Tuberose smell like, anyway???)
I have a sample from Macy's I got a year ago which I have been frugally using to keep the scent in my thoughts. I gradually began to pick up lily of the valley, and a clear, crisp rendition of it as well. It was rapidly becoming the dominant theme that I was sure it was listed in the notes above...
.. So how strange when I suddenly realized when matching up the notes that the perfume has morphed into a full on lilac with lily playing a small supporting role.. and my lovely gardenia pulling a disappearing act! Could thisTuberose Gardenia be a chamelion like the changing seasons, and delude the senses in the same light?
I have always had a strong sentimental connection to lilac, it's been my favorite in a deeply personal way. But it's like wearing my heart on my sleeve, whereas gardenia is a sensuous illusion.
Yes, Tuberose Gardenia is on the pricey side of yes, and I couldn't help but splurge on the largest size. Depending on how it manifests on your skin, it's scent can vary, but it's projection is so true and fresh as a garden is after a spring downpour. Tuberose Gardenia is one more proof that Estee Lauder is a fragrance house of unparalelled creative genius wth quality to match.

SelenaSerena
SelenaSerena

This is transparent although noticeable sent. Very spring-like. My skin does not hold perfumes well but this one seems to linger longer. I appreciate sillage in perfumes and this one does not disappoint.
I would recommend it for spring and cooler summer days.

mystica
mystica

A truly gorgeous and true/natural smelling floral. I didn't get that artificial or sour note which dominates most white florals. Creamy gardenia dominates... Tuberose and jasmine complete this heavenly creation.
Awesome fragrance with quite high vibrations uplifting your mood...

ginawinnerhed
ginawinnerhed

My husband got this for me for Christmas and I cannot believe my favorite flowers Tuberose & Gardenia are in a little bottle! It came with a small bottle for travel which is great. Quite pricey but worth the uniqueness. One of the few that does NOT make me sneeze when first put on. I am super sensitive and have no problems with this fragrance. Yea!

Lanlisa
Lanlisa

Received my Estée Lauder Tuberose Gardenia tonight and spritzed it on my wrist right away.... I loved it so much and it immediately took me back to the three decades I smelled this same scent on my grandmother, great aunts, aunts and mother in the perfume they all wore, White Shoulders. (I was really surprised but also excited by this!) Back then I never liked it and it bothered me that all the great women in my family wore it at the same time. Fast forward to the present... and most of these classy women I adored are now gone. I recently asked my mother for the last of her old bottle of White Shoulders for a keepsake but it had gone bad. So to experience this same scent in Estee's version today is a real delight and I find that I love it. Just a light spritz or walk through is all that is needed as it can be strong if heavy handed.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

I love this fragrance. I had been wanting this for awhile and my husband gave it to me for Christmas. This may be my all time favorite. Frankly, I'm not fund of Estee fragrances but this one is different. It is truly wonderful. Gardenias are my favorite flowers.

tubereuse
tubereuse

Used to love this way more. Putting aside for now and will wear again when the weather is warmer, maybe that's the key! To my nose, the scent is more gardenia than tuberose. However, sometimes a surprise moment happens when one can swear that blooming tuberose is present!

Egyptian Goddess
Egyptian Goddess

a drive down a beautiful country road in the exclusive rich part..flower gardens abound, then
loses control of the car as a pomeranian scurries across the road...screeching tires and crashes into an exclusive gardenia garden. burnt rubber and gorgeous gardenia. this may be gorge on some people
but the burnt rubber smell is too much to bear.
Definatley try before you buy

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

This scent is lovely! It is a delicate white floral with a little bite from the tuberose. I love it. It has a lot of my favorite ingredients as well as a little aromatic edge via the rosewood and carnation. The composition is balanced and remains delicate but also elegant and mature. It is noticeable without being spicy and will last. It is very well done.

KasKas
KasKas

I really wanted to like this perfume. In paper it smells divine, but on my skin it is a mess.

EDIT: I guess I was having a bad day, today I gave it another shot and now I'm really starting to like this perfume. I think I'll need a few more tries before making a final statement.

EDIT: I was finally enjoying the scent and then I got people saying I smelled like a funeral home :(
Of course that may or not be the case for you, but the country where I live people bring flowers to funeral homes as a farewell to the deceased. And you guessed it, people use mostly gardenias and carnations for this purpose.... So while I do like the smell I won't be using it because of this.

JulieDiva
JulieDiva

I am surprised by the negative reviews.
I LOVE tuberose gardenia..it is a classic, luxury scent of flowers and lasts a long tim.
It is more expensive than many, but it lasts a lovg time on the skin.
This is a grown up scent for sure...but a rich, lovely fragrance that gets many compliments.

Eurochic
Eurochic

This perfume is a battle between two flowers.
The show opens with Tuberose in the blue corner. She stands first in the ring, allowing me to enjoy her true beauty. I bask in her full splendour, the heavy, creamy scent, and I am carried away to tropical places, filled with sunshine and blue skies, the air sweet with the aroma of white flowers. This glorious bliss lasts for a good 5 to 10 minutes. I have to admit, I am a fan. But then Gardenia makes her entrance, taking her spot in the red corner. She jumps into the ring with a blast; she is strong, aggressive, sharp, bitter even, demanding all the attention. And she gets all the attention, her presence commands all eyes on her, making me forget that Tuberose was the queen of the show until just a moment ago. This makes me realize that I am not a big fan of Gardenia. I like her when she is shy, subtle, remains in the background where she doesn't stand out and blends harmoniously with the group. It is at this point that I think that I don't want to be a witness to something this ugly, so I decide to leave the stage (my arm) and let those two ladies fight it out between themselves, behind closed doors (under my sleeve). Yes, I am a coward, I flee the scene.
After a few hours, curiosity gets a hold of me, I want to know the results. Slowly I open the doors, afraid of the carnage I might encounter. It is quiet inside, and I am thrilled to find my lovely Tuberose still standing. She is weakened, but still there, dominating Gardenia, who probably used all her energy in her powerful entrance and ended up being trampled on all over.
I was rooting for Tuberose, and she won the battle, so it's all good in the end, but I am not sure that I want to see such a violent fight again. I probably won't watch the re-broadcast.

MineralDiva
MineralDiva

I was anxious to try this fragrance, being that I love gardenias - and haven't yet smelled a perfume or anything else, that could capture the scent correctly. Well, this one does. Unfortunately, it does it to the point of hitting one and all over the head with a cloying cloud of it. Even a light touch doesn't help hide the fact that as delicate as this scent is supposed to be...it INSISTS on making itself known loudly. The sillage on it is unbelievably long. I sprayed it during an early afternoon and could smell it the next morning. By then, it was so nauseating that I had to scrub it off with disinfectant to rid my skin of the scent. No, definitely NOT the gardenia scent I adore. It starts out that way...but it lies. OHHHHH how it lies!

aber19
aber19

It is a lovely fragrance, but it does not change too much. It is pleasant enough. But I could buy two fragrances for the price of this one. Unfortunately, the cost of this fragrance is very expensive. I placed this fragrance on a card and could smell it three day's later. I would call this a classic wedding fragrance. You would use this for special occasions. The bottle is fantastic. I think Dior Jadore absolute is far better in the complexity of the bouquet of its white flowers.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Very sophisticated and matronly. I can picture a mother of two or three in the suburbs wearing this. It's very bright and has a yellow smell from the tuberose and fruit. Or smells like that same woman's bathroom with all her soaps, shampoos and clean laundry mixed together. Not an unpleasant smell, but very general perfumey and fresh.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Smells nearly identical to Yves Rocher's Pur Desir de Gardenia. (The long, tall bottle.)

nush imogen
nush imogen

To me this seems like a one note kind of thing. The white flowers are definitely VERY dominant, too much, it covers up everything else and makes it boring and generic, too .. simple. Little to "green" as well, grass-y. I'm sure many women will like it, but it ain't my cup of tea.

Lazaro
Lazaro

a very strong scent in many ways......just a big explosion of white flowers and a lot of lot of gardenia scent...like very expensive old fashion soap....
not for youngest and i think not for even no one........

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Creamy, powdery, not light, very heavy neroli, very intense heady scent. Not for me and not one I'd like to be stuck in a lift with. it's quite generic and not unique.

Good points- long lasting, nice bottle.

personsa22
personsa22

Yawn! I've smelled this before, a hundred times over, and so have you.

trice9081
trice9081

I just smelled this fragrance today and I really like it. I have to say it smells exactly like it's name TUBEROSE GARDENIA because both of those flowers are very dominant in this scent, not one more than the other. It is really beautiful, fresh and somewhat creamy.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

What's not to love about this scent? Gorgeous creamy gardenia and heady tuberose in a bottle. The only irritating point is trying to track down a bottle since none of the US websites I searched would ship to Asia. Managed to get the last bottle off a European website so am very very happy to have a large supply of this amazing scent. For me, Estée Lauder fully redeemed itself after failing to move me with either Sensuous Nude and Brasil Dream. Ever met something so beautiful that it made you have a sharp intake of breath? Well that's how I felt just trying the body lotion. The perfume is decadent-so addictive. Long lasting and powerful-just the way I like it!

lukkyme
lukkyme

SOME ONE , PLEASE comment on here & answer/explain to me why? i keep seeing people talk about the PRICE being expensive? I mean i DO believe its a ''expensive'' perfume BUT im seeing people say they spend 300$ dollars on a bottle ?where & why ? doe this have to do with ordering from another country OR buying from a small boutique & if so why wouldnt you JUST buy directly from the EL website ? ? ? ? it say's $ 80 for smaller bottle & i believe $145 for the large-----& that is expensive in my world BUT not much more than ALOT of name brand perfume's & NOT no where near 300 dollars . . . . are people maybe talking about OTHER private collection perfume's . . .someone PLEASE tell me

Zobeide
Zobeide

I was given a small vial of jasmine absolute in jojoba. To me EL's Tuberose Gardenia smells just like jasmine with orange flower and neroli. I get no tuberose at all. It's a pleasant white floral, fairly green, without harsh edges, and has a definite presence without being overpowering. But for tuberose I'll stick with Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower or, when I'm in a more introverted mood, DSH's Tubereuse. If anyone in affordable postage distance from Melbourne is interested in my once-used sample, PM me.

pansylady
pansylady

Thanks to the lovely CL, I am able to sample this hard-to-find white flower fragrance- a new classic, in my opinion-

I agree with several others here who say that Tuberose Gardenia has the most realistic tuberose note of any that they've smelled- yes, it does- the gently animalic indoles hum in the background like a bunch of happy, nectar-drunk bees-

On me, the tuberose disappears within the hour, and orange blossom takes center stage, which lasts for a good 6-8 hours at least- since this happens to me so often, I attribute this to body chemistry-

the potency and longevity of this fragrance will not disappoint.

I crown Tuberose Gardenia as the Fracas of today-

judies6
judies6

This is a fragrance that has brought me more complements than any other, coming from both males and females. It is very, very expensive and I have had to resort to decants only. But I don't mind not having a beautiful bottle, just as long as I can smell this good who cares! If one doesn't enjoy gardenia, though, this will not please. the gardenia gives it a peppery little punch that tempers the sweetness of the other notes. But it's just right a mix. Beautiful!

This I first wrote this review I have sampled nine other fragrances that include gardenia either in their name or as their major note. Not a one contains the peppery spike that this fragrance gives you in its top notes, which then continue to dance among the middle & base with other white flowers. It is expensive but worth it if you appreciate a bit of a singular fragrance of the gardenia.

erica_74
erica_74

I've been wearing this beauty for many years now and I cannot say this enough, it is a GORGEOUS fragrance!
A masterpiece!
Very well balanced and rounded, the notes complement each other, creating a symphony of white flowers, a true freshly-cut flower scent! Very elegant, sophisticated, in a very outspoken way though. Outstanding sillage.
My signature scent these years!

Intensive floral fragrance with the leading gardenia note that makes it very suitable as an evening fragrance. I would say that it's rather gardenia and jasmine fragrance than tuberose and gardenia.

Good enough, but it's not my favorite fragrance between the fragrances with the leading gardenia note.

Jacster
Jacster

Isn't it fascinating to read how very different this fragrance seems on different people?

It's one of my favourites because of its lasting power (I'm new to these boards, and don't know the full armoury of technical terms) and because it is *so* floral and summery.

When I first tried this I didn't like it and was disappointed because I like the original Private Collection very much. Then I sensed it on someone else and thought I'd give it another try.

I am now officially hooked, and have had so many compliments when I wear it. I guess that goes to show how personal chemistry can affect what a fragrance exudes (I adore Kenzo's Flower on others, but when I wear it all I can sense is room freshener - and a cheap one at that).

The only problem for me is that it will soon be winter here in Australia and I don't know how long I can continue with it in the cooler months, when I like to wear something less floral.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This smells way to much white flowers alike!! I used to love white flowers,now I just can´t stand it!!Specially the jasmin and the tuberose,and gardenia!! This is not how somoane should smell!!This is how a bouquet of flowers smell!! This really brings me bad memories of being in the cemetery when my grand parents died,this all we can smell when we go to the cemetery,sorry,it´s just how I feel about it!!And please don´t take this too personal,because we allcan´t have the same taste for anything!!

akats
akats

Although I love the smell of gardenias (I have two potted plants in my home), but this is too much...I tested it yesterday on my wrist and I was astonished! The sillage was so strong, that I was thinking that everyone could smell it from long distance. After three days my sleeve still smells strongly.
Pretty creamy gardenia smell, natural, yet, overwhelming. Only one spray is enough. I wish "Jasmine white moss" had the same power and sillage as this has...

iritkaiaa120
iritkaiaa120

Hi, I remember this smell when I was a little and my mother was wearing it all the time. She had a pure perfume in a small leaf like bottle with a gray suede pouch... We both bought it again 4 years ago, but unfortunately, I think, the formula has changed... It is still the best tuberose/ gardinia smell around, very sophisticated and elegant, just not as complex and deep as it was.

Estee Lauder and myself have had our ups and downs. Only recently I have become aquainted with, and fallen in love with her Sensuous range, and now I'm experiencing the same kind of feeling all over again with her exclusive Private Collection.

Tuberose Gardenia is utterly breath-taking. I'm so fussy when it comes to white florals, yet this fragrance leaves me feeling content and at peace with the world. The secret lies with its beautiful floral smoothness and somewhat glamourous feel.

The white floral notes compliment one another beautifully. Gardenia, tuberose, orange blossom and lily, although quite moist and green upon first application, settle so elegantly on the skin in a rather creamy fashion, that makes me feel like an ancient Goddess in all her golden splendour.

There is a slight medicinal characteristic in this blend, however I don't find it particularly off-putting. I much prefer Tuberose Gardenia over the more "natural" white floral offerings from niche houses. A mild, vanillary sweetness and soft woods, combined with the white floral bouquet, evokes a strong sense of luxury.

I wore Tuberose Gardenia to a romantic dinner date a few nights ago, and was flabbergasted by how attracted my man was to my perfume. He went so far to say that I smelt like an angel. I must admit, that his reaction may be due to its floral femininity and cuddly nature. It would actually make a perfect choice for a bride on her wedding day.

The longevity and sillage are superb, which adds an extra star in terms of rating. I am truly enraptured by Tuberose Gardenia. It is everything I hoped it would be and more. I can't wait to get my hands on a full bottle.

Espi
Espi

Wearing Estée Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia , a 2008 release for the 3rd time today.

In December it was also the first exposure to a very good perfumes in many years as this was part of a sample pack of '10 best florals' from the A-Z Guide by Turin & Sanchez, I was first totally awestruck, loving it.
By January I'd already smelled many more scents and it became slightly boring as a too floral scent.
Today (Feb 29) I start thinking it has a few too many soapy notes, even when they may not even be there but I know Lauder has many soapy fragrances.

Aldehydes may have been an awesome new invention in the past, but now the only thing that comes up is 'laundry detergent' or 'soap'.

After having worn Yves Rocher Tendre Jasmin yesterday , I'm probably committing sacrilege by saying I liked that 6x cheaper fragrance more than this one.

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

Sometimes this fragrance can be found for an economical price on eBay, which is how I got my bottle. So, if you would really like to buy it, I recommend keeping a watch on what eBay has to offer. In January some who received it for Christmas and didn't like it will be putting their bottle up for sale.
This scent is amazingly wonderful while wet but the dry down changes it greatly. This may be a good or a bad thing, depending on your body chemistry. During the dry down phase it may go through an awkward stage reminiscent of gasoline, so you'll want to try out a sample before buying a whole bottle. On myself, I smell the gasoline note distinctly on some days and not at all on other occasions. Mid-way through drying it develops a hand-lotion-like aspect which may be perceived as old fashioned, and as this dries it has a plastic note. I enjoy the way the tropical aspect is restrained so as to remain tasteful yet fun. There is a rich-lady presence to it that I disliked at first, but learned to appreciate after wearing it a few times. The plastic note is annoying to me, however, so I probably won't be keeping my bottle.
Edit: Gave my bottle and matching body lotion to my daughter and she was ecstatic about it; smells completely wonderful on her! There is no hit of any plastic or gasoline note anywhere when she wears it. Whether she applies it lightly or heavily it smells equally wonderful. Body chemistry makes such a difference, and hers is just right for this fragrance!

chrisstinna_b
chrisstinna_b

I was thinking about going for a blind buy and purchase it on ebay, because all the components seemed fair to my taste... Luckily my friend brought me a sample. I was a bit disappointed to find that it wasn't what I've expected. There is tuberose. I was expecting for a sweet Marc-Jacobs-kind of tuberose, but I suppose I was wrong. On my skin, the opening is bitter, and so are the middle notes. On the other hand, it reminds me of Tahitian Gardenia (which I like a lot!), and there is also that Lauderian tint, which I think it's given by the lily and maybe also by the lilac. The drydown is the only part I like. It turns into a twin sister of Pleasures intense.

Oddly, it smelled great when applied on my knee! No bitterness, but Lauderian flowers covered in a woody scent.

Tovah
Tovah

I loved this for months. It starts out as a bright tuberose, fresh gardenia, but it warms with a dry vanilla fell that turns it into its own special "perfume" rather than a replica of the fragrances of tuberose and gardenia. My big problem with this scent, is that I've had two bottles that spoiled in less than a year! As soon as the fragrance got below the half way point, it turned color and started to smell like acetate, ethanol, and rotted wood. Also, the sprayer discolors and the gold plating flakes. I hestitate to purchase another bottle, because, even for me, this turns bad too quickly,(opened fragrances barely last for two years in my house/climate).

jtd
jtd

The gardenia at the opening of this perfume smells remarkably like the real deal. In the topnotes, the gardenia and the tuberose circle each other at a short distance, but each remains distinct. The topnotes, though, have one of the shortest half-lives ever found in perfumery. Very soon, a blended white floral with a large tannic note becomes dominant. The white floral is smartly non-specific. It remains unidentifiable, but gives a rounded, creamy quality that harkens back to the gardenia of the topnotes. I can’t quite make out whether the tannic quality and the creamy aspect of the floral balance or oppose each other, but I suspect that this duality is what holds together the almost ghostly frame of the gardenia illusion that lasts into the drydown.

What started as an olfactorealistic gardenia note in the opening becomes an abstract distillation of a few of the elements that were apparently used to compose the gardenia note. There is a creaminess that suggests texture and the feel of umami that suggests a taste. We witness that taking apart of the gardenia that we’re given at the outset. The gardenia doesn’t fall apart, it is stripped before our eyes (noses.) The perfume transitions from a rather forceful prettiness to a tight-lipped handsomeness. An amazing exercise, and a compelling scent.

Scentrist
Scentrist

Please bear in mind that I'm writing this for my wife, who bought this on a whim. We were by an Estee Lauder counter, biding time, and we happened upon this. At first glance, it's nice but nothing special. In the US at the time, it was in a promotion for $80, so it was worth a buy just on the notion that my wife loves roses and gardenia. One would think that would be a no brainer.

Wrong. Since then, she's come to try this scent over and over and each time she regrets wearing it. The main notes feel and smell cheap to her, they're composed all wrong and seem totally artificial. When I smell it, it ends up seeming very unremarkable -- to my nose, it has a top note that feels very ordinary, like a room air deodorizer. Longevity is astounding, but it's also cloying and suffocating. In short, I'd say this is a fragrance relegated to the Geritol set more than us in our mid-life, as it seems to have that very common scent of rose that is far too overpowering to smell delightful. She doesn't recommend it, and frankly after smelling it on her, I wouldn't either. There are too many good Tuberose fragrances out there to waste much time with this.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I bought this blind, i know its risky. But i read the notes and i new it would be something for me. And i was right. It's a good wel blendid pefume. I smell a bit of the tuberose but the gardenia is so soft and nice that it shine's through the most [on my skin, can be different for other people]. I really like the gardenia as i always loved the smell of this beautiful flower. It's a fresh floral that can be worn everyday.

Fizzy

This stuff is just horrible. I stay by my first review - heavy, plastic and artificial mess. It does not develop in something better on the skin. It lasts and lasts and does not smell good.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I really don't understand this. I bought this blind (dumb move, I know) based on so many glowing reviews from here and other fragrance blogs. I adore a good floral, and the notes sounded heavenly. I figured that this would be a safe bet becaue of the quality of ingredients, and because I really like PC Jasmine White Moss.

Oh, but this simply doesn't work on my nose! Yikes! Most of what I smell is an over powering plastic, chemical mess, with turpentine accents! I've tried on skin three times and had to scrub, even after waiting a few hours. I tried on paper too to see if it was just me and I found this to be just awful. Where is my lovely white flower/tuberose bouquet? I am very disappointed!!

Fizzy

Smells exactly like Parfumerie Generale 17 (tuberose). The beginning is sweet, heavy, plastic and artificial, but it develops sweet - actually nice. I give this the second chance, because I am a big lover of tuberose.

Persephone
Persephone

Oh God. This is Yves Rocher Magnolia ten times the price.

Dulcinea
Dulcinea

This is the loveliest perfume on the PLANET!! I have never had on a perfume for which I rec'd. so MANY COMPLIMENTS!! It is EXPENSIVE -- but worth EVERY PENNY!! EL outdid herself when she created this one!

melia
melia

Just half an hour ago I went to a big warehouse to celebrate my last exam. They have all different kind of counters; m.a.c., rituals, dior, chanel, guerlain, etc. On my way out I passed the estee lauder and while being on the phone with someone, I saw to my surprise that they had the private collection! I quickly took tuberose gardenia and sprayed it on my wrist before leaving the building.

WHY... Does this CLASH so much with my chemistry!!? I absolutely can imagine that for some this is heaven.. A sultry exotic white floral blend, both romantic and seductive. On me: that, and gasoline. Gasoline, gas, plastic, they're all there partying with the alluring white florals. When it get's a bit late some of the gasoline-guests leave, but there are still some left (especially mister gass stays - he's a party animal). Then a few lilacs enter and they make a few neroli's go away.

Anyway - I see there is beauty hidden, but my skin just does not compliment that. So try before you... buy it for a lot of money.

worood-mohamedia
worood-mohamedia

the best of all 100 collection that i have.I'm not fedup of it at all.those who like gardenia flower this is the one.

jayah
jayah

Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose and Gardenia is my perfect perfume, these days I wear nothing else because I love this so much. A little bit goes a long way, I get 8 to 10 hours out of a squirt from the bottle. I've always loved the smell of Gardenia's, that's what attracted me to the fragrance in the first place. It's not just me who love this perfume, I often get asked by perfect strangers what I'm wearing because they love it so much too. Yes it is expensive, the last bottle I bought cost me $300, but because it's so strong, you only need one squirt, a bottle this size should last at least 2 years. When it comes to perfume you get what you pay for, in this instance, it's heaven in a bottle.

sweetie1090
sweetie1090

This is one of my top favorite perfumes! it smells just like gardenia, lasts up to 8 hours and can wear it any season. The perfume was originally a gift and Ive been receiving numerous compliments on it. It may be little too strong for some but it smells just like gardenias, is very feminine and classy fragrance for women. thumbs up for this one!

Emiraa
Emiraa

Oh oh, one of my top 5, i usaly don't like floral fragrances but this one is something special.

Oriental, long lastin and seductive.
You have to spray it and wait for a while than smel it, nothing special at the begining but later omg!
I love it so much!
I was wondering why is it so expencive but now i understand, it lasts forever and man love it!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Gorgeous, exquisit, elegant white floral! When it comes to white florals, this scent is by far superior to any others I have tried. So creamy, so delicate! Way better than Michael Kors and Mark Jacobs.

I smell mostly gardenia in this one, which is great as I love gardenia. Reminds me of a fantastic holiday I had in Tahiti - so romantic!

Needs to be applied in moderation, otherwise it may get overpowering. Incredible lasting power.

panterachik
panterachik

This IMHO is one of the most gorgeous florals on the market. It is on the sweet side, but not cloying or artificial to my nose. The rosewood and white florals are composed beautifully... and the touch of bourbon vanilla in the base keeps it (while strong) still silky smooth. 9/10

cloyd42
cloyd42

An extremely polite and reserved gardenia perfume (I'm testing the EDP) for me: a disappointment since I love Organza, EL Private Collection and any well done tuberose scent makes me positively woozy with joy. I can detect the lilac and lily but after two hours the tuberose has yet to show up and there's been very little development from the original nose. There are enough positive reviews that I suspect this is a personal chemistry issue but my current take is that this is a good white floral for work or times that you don't want your scent to precede you or linger when you've left. For a dramatic tuberose and gardenia festival I suggest Organza.
Sillage: fine for office or long drive
Duration: four hours and counting
Fabulosity: meh
4/10 for me

debbborra
debbborra

My mother recently surprised me my asking me to find her a sample of this. Either there was no cap, the cap fell off in shipping, or I pulled it off when taking it out of the bubble wrap, but the whole order smelled of EL PC Tuberose Gardenia. In the end I snuck a spray on the wrist.

If you're someone who likes those big white Florals this is probably going to be worth a try for you. Worth a try, but perhaps it won't do it for you, because I'm not. I generally don't wear tuberose or gardenia. But I liked this. The people at EL made those big naughty flowers behave, and they are on their best behavior.

This perfume smells like a garden. Sweet. Full.

It's got a lot of silliage and great longevity. It doesn't develop or change. It just stays the same from the time you put it on until you take it off.

adele l

Okay so I'm perusing the pile of fragrances at Winners (like tj maxx) and found this amongst the usual standards. I immediately snapped it up and purchased it like it was illicit..it's a 1oz with lotion set for 59.99. The bottle is heavy and beautiful and the scent is as I already knew, exquisite. A heady but not overpowering floral, tuberose without the soapy edges, a tart citrus underneath.. so feminine with perfect sillage and good longevity. So happy!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I love tuberose flowers, cut in a vase, only one can fill a room with the most heavenly scent. I have tried various interpretations of this flower in perfumes, but yet to find one able of giving the scent of the real flower. Until I smelled Estee Lauder's Tuberose Gardenia.
This is the most life like tuberose I have ever come across, and my search was not short.
I can say, with all my heart, that this is truly a wonder of perfumery, a perfectly polished gem, a flawless diamond.
Lasting power and silage are adequate, without being over the top. You will not knock anyone down when you wear this, but you will live a long lasting impression, the image of a true lady, elegant and feminine to the last cell of her body, the trace of a white angel.
Gardenia, according to my nose, supports the tuberose without crowding it. True jasmine and Easter lilies come delicately into the picture, while green leaves surround the bouquet.
The bottle is heavy and the hammered golden top charming. The body lotion is pure silk.
The price of this, of course, exorbitant. But a little goes a long way, and on clothes it will stay till tomorrow and beyond. You get what to pay for here, and yet, not enough!
A genuine natural beauty, a masterpiece that I predict will become the benchmark for tuberose in perfumery. Fracas is an old fashioned lady compared to this, true it's louder but like a dog that barks a lot has no bite. I used to love it until I met my soulmate for tuberose in this perfume.
Words cannot explain the purity, elegance and quality of this perfume. Quite possibly, the best white flower perfume ever created. And the one and only Estee Lauder I genuinely love.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

Stunning true gardenia supported by tuberose and a white floral accord. Although it is impossible to extract the oil of the absolutely stunningly beautiful gardenia flower, and therefore gardenia notes must be constructed, this interpretation is as true as perfume gets to the real thing. This is one of the most intoxicating and prettiest smells on the planet.

Estee Lauder Private Collection TUBEROSE GARDENIA is a relatively simple floral perfume to my nose. Although a number of flowers are present, the most salient by far is the gardenia, which is neither very creamy (as in Marc Jacobs' presentations) nor very sharp (as in Chanel GARDENIA, among others). The gardenia in this composition strikes me instead as quite dry, which may be a result of some of the other flowers in play, especially neroli.

The tuberose is much less pronounced, so if I were to name this creation, I would have called it GARDENIA TUBEROSE, rather than vice versa. In any case, although this is a perfectly fine floral composition, I do not personally feel that it is better than the less expensive gardenia-focused fragrances available for considerably less money, so I won't be actively attempting to add this one to my collection, though I'm sure that I'd wear it, if I happened to have a bottle!

adele l

Very nicely done, well-composed floral. has a lot of staying power and intensity as well- it's extremely pretty and the name is apt. Don't think I would pay that much for a bottle though so I guess i don't love, love it!

honeydeyoung
honeydeyoung

Love this perfume .have so many lovely compliments when i wear it, very classy and feminine a midsummers day in a beautiful garden. Longlasting most scents wear off me very quickly.Birthday and Christmas present

celina
celina

If you like raw gardenia and tuberose... You would love this perfume. The other notes: orange, jasmine, neroli, lilac, etc are very light. They just complement the initial flowers and become more noticeable after one hour. This perfume doesn't have many subtleties, it is clean, warm and straight forward, in a good way. This is the first perfume that smells like the real flowers.

This perfume will not turn heads.It is not for a bar scene or early 20's. It is rich, has class, makes a statement and loves a person with confidence.

guest_femme fatal
guest_femme fatal

If i had to choose having just one
perfume in the whole world:that is exactly my choise-PRIVATE COLLECTION TUBEROSE GARDENIA!!!
IT IS the ONE,SUPER!FANTASTIC and ADORABLE!!!!
MY ONLY CHOISE.

violet-anhthu
violet-anhthu

I love this perfume. It is very romantic, and and long time lasting.

guest_adriana
guest_adriana

Hi,
Can someone please, indicate me a similar fragrance to this one ?????I'm a tuberose fan and PCTG is too hard to find around here in Brasil....Thank you so much

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I don't smell much of the gardenia in this fragrance. I get a very small whiff of it now and then, but tuberose and orange blossom are MUCH more prominent. For me, this is probably a good thing, as I've never found a gardenia fragrance I liked anyway.

Despite enjoying the lack of strong gardenia, I don't like how this develops on my skin. After half an hour, I detect a strange undertone...a sweet play-doh scent. Whatever it is, it's spicier than the play-doh note in Kenzo Amour. I can't find anything in the notes listed that may account for this, except for possibly bourbon vanilla.

I highly recommend sampling this on skin before purchasing, as I didn't get this note on the test strip!

Shikai
Shikai

Unbearable smell! I am willing to pay large amounts of money for an elegant, superior fragrance, but this had a definite chemical stench that burned the inside of my nose. Lauder has been lacking in their perfumes lately and this is proof they are not producing the fine fragrance they once did. Not worth the price, not even 1/10th the price.

alina terec
alina terec

this one is pure gardenia. very strong and longlasting and according to it's price. i remember that in 2007 at northstrom you could buy it for wapping 300$ a bootle 3.4 fl oz. insane!!! it does strike me as the tipe of fragrance fit for mature rich women who can aford it. for me it's too heavy but i guess it is a high quality scent.

Scent lover
Scent lover

I am a tuberose & gardenia fan. Wow. This perfume was created for my taste and it is absolutely gorgeous. The sweetness by tuberose is soften by greenish and coolish presence of gardenia. The perfume is about flowers blossom but it is nor too sweet either into too much green, raw notes, but it is balanced well by the two beautiful scents. The lasting power is very very good. Perfect for any season.

jeanol
jeanol

I love this; smells completely different to original private collection. I smell the gardenia; don't smell tuberose. Love both this and the original however the original PC is much more distinctive so will probably continue to prefer it.

crysna
crysna

I'M STILL IN SHOCK!!! i was visiting EL's website to buy pleasures intense (at $50), and i found PC fragrance. i'm not crazy or even insane to buy this one, it can smells beautiful and everything (i can't denay it). but pay $300 4 a bottle of this one 4 me it's to much money 4 a fragrance. i think maybe i can donate that money to a fundation, there's a lot of people around the world dying because they don't have nothing to eat. childrens that don't have a family etc. and us spending our money in extravagances like this. but well everybody had his own concern, just think next time before buying an truly expensive stuff. BLESSINGS!

Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estée Lauder 4.19 out of 5 based on 540 ratings and 126 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.