Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Sensuous Noir Estée Lauder for women

Sensuous Noir Estée Lauder for women
dislike

I have it: 547 I had it: 147 I want it: 762 My signature: 13

Sensuous Noir Estée Lauder for women Pictures Sensuous Noir Estée Lauder for women Pictures

More voluptuous, more intense, more sensual than the original version of Sensuous, a new fragrance by Estee Lauder - Sensuous Noir includes characteristic wooden tones, floral notes of roses and jasmine and subtle aromas of benzoin, honey, vanilla and amber that carry the entire composition.

Sensuous Noir has a stronger, more intoxicating and more seductive scent than the prior fragrance. The top notes include a floral blend of purple rose, jasmine, rose oil, black pepper and spices. The heart focuses on the warm wooden notes, typical for this scent, with the use of the innovative Nature Print technology.

The smell of dissolved wood generated by pine tree and guaiac wood merging "was captured" exactly by this technology and used as a seductive note that was first used as a sensory note and complemented by innovative Noir cream, lily flowers and patchouli notes. The base notes include benzoin, amber and soft vanilla with amber aroma.

The fragrance is available in a distinctive bottle of thick glass in enchanting purple colour and decorated with luxurious red gold stopper. The face of the advertising campaign for Sensuous Noir is the model Carolyn Murphy. The scent will be available in amount of 30 and 50 ml EDP in September 2010.

Jasmine Rose Pepper Spices

Patchouli Guaiac Wood Lily Pine

Amber Benzoin Vanille Honey

Khaleejiah
Kalejia

Sensuous Noir Fragrance Reviews

framorena
framorena

This is a scent I' ve always overlooked, and I've always been wrong. It' s so pleasant smell it on your own skin while working, studying, driving; it isn't dark, it's soft and sweet but not childish, not that fake vanilla that can nauseate that one don't like vanilla scents. It's like you smell something sweet, but you wouldn't say it's vanilla. So, patchouli isn't that harsh and sour leaf (I also like that kind, but this is not the case); it just adds a bit oriental, but nothing obscure. It worths a try, indeed, even if you don't like vanilla, patchouli, amber or spieces, because here they are so much well blended that nothing of their unpleasant notes survive.

hnica
hnica

You can't always get what you want - but I didn't get what I need either. I'm on a search for a dark, real noir scent, and boy had I high hopes for this one. It doesn't work. I can't put my finger on what is wrong with Sensuous Noir but something really is. Since I love the original Sensuous, after a few weeks I decided to give this one a second try. And again, nah. Something is off... maybe the pine? I don't know. It's not noir, there's no mystery. Anyway, moving on.

K1
K1

Some times a perfume which we don't expect at all and always took a glance without poorest attention, give us goosebumps! I almost crazily became happy with intense rolled eyes when I just was helping my friend pick something for herself and saleswoman suggested this. Even she was not aware of its miraculous gravity I swear.
Anyhow, I get a sweetened pine/patchouli main odor spiced deeply and vanilla/amber/benzoin mixture is the catalysis for its tender velvety sweetness.
This is one the most brilliant yet modest nighty elegant feminine perfumes I've ever know. What a nice inexpensive option! An urbanized highly versatile complement taker oriental woody fragrance!

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

This smells like creativity, playfulness, safety and togetherness to me. It has a very prominent woody note that reminds me of freshly sharpened pencils. And that is a very dear scent to me. When I was a child, about 9-12 years of age, I used to sit in my moms kitchen, with my best friend, and draw pictures every day after school. The warm, spicy and vanilla-like scent of the kitchen mixed with the smell av sharpened pencils and color pencils. It was happy times. And I found that childhood scent again in this perfume. Sensuous Noir is special to me, and invokes the same feeling of joy and inspiration from way back when. I love it!

JPS1979
JPS1979

This is really nice but a bit subdued for my taste. I agree with a couple reviews comparing it somewhat to Black Orchid. It's not exactly the same, but if you like one, you'll likely enjoy the other. I find this isn't quite such a head turner as Black Orchid though, and it's more subtle. Still, overall it is nice. It has a more moderate sillage compared to the older EL frags.

Milladane
Milladane

Indeed this is sensuous and dark...sweet and spicy...warm and mysterious. Woods, Patchouli, and smoky incense dominate. It is a strong perfume with an opinion but not obnoxious, as it stays close to your skin. Lucky are the ones with the personality to pull this one off.

For quick reference, I'd say this belongs to the same type of perfume as Black Orchid and YSL Nu, but this one is more wear-friendly. I don't have any Black Orchid, or I'd do a comparison. Compared to Nu, a spicy floral sophisticated perfume, Sensuous Dark is a lot sweeter, smoother, and deeper and conjures up more after-dark fantasies.

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Something in this gourmand + bitter patchouli base reminds me of Angel.. Interesting but not for me, but it can be great with the right chemistry.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

Usually when I think of Estee Lauder scents in the past, I have remembered they are quite floral and not usually my taste. The tide began to change in 2008 when Sensuous came out (the original). I was thrilled that there was a warmer scent available! Then, Sensuous Noir came out a couple years later. Usually I am suspicious of flankers, but this one is worth it. This is a very sexy scent. Very warm and spicy. I remember testing it when it came out and I sprayed some on my coat by accident. It was a cool winter evening. It stayed and stayed on my coat for days I noticed. In the winter air, it seemed to just come alive. I think this is their sexiest scent. Very interesting!

Hellita
Hellita

I was gifted a tester of EL - Sensuous Noir from a very dear friend in here. I tried it out a couple of times but unfortunately my skin makes this turn into something bad (sour and weird). I'm sure it's beautiful on people with the right skin chemistry. Too bad because I really wanted it to work for me. The only EL perfume that works on my skin is the EL - Sensuous Nude (and I really like that one because of the coconut). Both Noir and Sensuous (original) turns on me. Maybe try it out before you buy it, that would be my tip.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Just received this in the mail last night and was thrilled with this blind buy! Upon first spray I was hit with one of my favorite notes, guaiac wood, mixed with pepper and spices. Beautiful! The amber and sweet benzoin quickly surface to make this a creamy, woody scent. I get none of the pine note at all but lots of patchouli.

I knew immediately that this reminded me of some other perfume, but it was only after spraying it again this morning that I recognize it as YSL Elle. It also reminds me a bit of Midnight Poison or a spicier version of Nanette Lepore Nanette as suggested by WeeGee's review.

I accidentally bid on and won 2 bottles of this on Ebay and am quite happy knowing I will have a backup bottle of this beautiful perfume

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

wonderful stuff. such a deep ,balsamic, sweet, ambery, liquor of a scent. sensuous noir is versatile and easily passes as a niche fragrance. high quality ingredients; the pine, patchouli, incense, amber, benzoin, jasmine and lily. it has a dark chocolate vibe to it, but never derails from being smart elegant and simply gorgeous.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i had read a review that said this was the best recent estee lauder scent(s) (the whole sensuous collection) so i got a sample pack of all three!

well wow this is nice. i guess that is pine though i don't immediately read it as pine. this is a peppery piney scent but it's also weirdly femme and sexy, because there is a woody amber musk in there too with spices and florals but it really is blended so well that no notes really stick out or scream for attention too much. this does seem a bit heavy, like it would be better for fall or winter, but at the same time, i am not one to stick to perfume conventions too much, so i'd probably wear it year round.

it is so lovely and so familiar but i can't place it. it does seem spicy and piney (but in a good way!) that i am thinking of christmas....but it's not really christmassy in the traditional sense. oh wow, sudden stopping of typing and i just sniffed my arm again and this BEAUTIFUL musk amber thing is happening now with the patchouli and pine fading into the background. this is one gorgeous scent and i need a bottle!

Sofreshandsoclean
Sofreshandsoclean

Made a comparison with this and Chanel Coromandel.

And when first sprayed, it is obvious that Coromandel simply consists of better ingredients, the first few minutes it is clear that Sensuous Noir is not niche quality.

But THEN like the tortoise that overtakes the hare, this beauty really starts to show its worth. For what it lacks in Chanel's quality is makes up for in its more interesting combination of ingredients.

For while Coromandel basically, continues to run on the same course of refined patchouli and benzoin combo which both of them share. Sensuous Noir now grow a garden filled with pine trees and lush flowers.

I've had other perfumes with the pine note but it has been a green fresh pine scent. However, in this, the note works very different. Can best describe it with pine nuts before and after they have been baked / roasted and developed their bread crust flavor. That is exactly what the pine note is doing in this perfume, it becomes edible and baked. It is great.

And in my comparison, I must admit that Estee Lauder won over Chanel in the long run. Not to say that it is better, but price vs quality, and because it just has that extra to it. This perfume is fantastic.Totally underrated 10/10

goldenlight83
goldenlight83

I knew I was going to like this scent from the notes. Eventhough this was a beautiful and warm scent the sillage of this perfume was horrible. At max this lasted for no more than about 2 hours on my skin and had to reapply. Would not repurchase due to the sillage and longevity.

Lala2013
Lala2013

Hi,
A brief review but it may helps someone :)
When I purchased this, I knew it reminded me of a fragrance I already have, and I do have Belle D'Opium, Midnight Poison and others that people have said it is similar too... But upon wearing it I realized the fragrance I was trying to recall IMHO was Fendi, that is what it is most like and has a similar depth. Great for Fendi lovers since it was discontinued x

xrayer
xrayer

I am trying this today and oh dear....it's another one for the want shelf! It is a beautiful mix of spice and wood, slightly masculine but I don't mind that. I am wearing the original sensuous on my other wrist and that is a pale whisper compared to the noir, even though the noir is heavier I actually find it more feminine and 100x sexier! I do get the comparisons to dior midnight poison but i find this softer and prettier, less patchouli perhaps? I think this may oust shalimar from my favourites shelf! Definitely a cold weather fragrance.

latinkapetrova
latinkapetrova

If I didn't know it's EL, i would bet it's niche.
Unfortunately inappropriate for young ladies.

SamTheRiddler
SamTheRiddler

Sensuous Noir is a beautiful warm, woody fragrance with a hint of sweet and a hint of spice. This is my go-to when I don't know what I feel like, as it just seems really easy to wear. I like the opening a lot, where I get mostly pine and pepper, with a little amber and vanilla.

It makes be want to sit in front of a fire in a log cabin on a snowy, pine covered mountain. It's sort of cosy, but still retains a somewhat exotic, insence-like feel to it.

In my opinion, this is about 100x better then the original Sensuous, which I find bland and sugary (although I realise a lot of people have said it smells the same to them).

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Opening with spices, woods and a plum-like aroma, Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir does remind me of Serge Lutens Féminité du Bois, although not as vibrant and more mellow as a whole. After about 30 minutes, the incense-like pine takes center stage. It also has peppery edge. At one point, it almost becomes austere, but eventually stabilizes into a dry, powdery woody scent, reminiscent of the original Sensuous' drydown without the syrupy honey, but instead, sweetened by benzoin.

Despite its seemingly heavy notes, the sillage of Sensuous Noir is relatively soft and its longevity is at least 10 hours. Although Sensuous Noir is not so much a 'dark' scent, it does seem more unisex than Sensuous, while retaining the versatility of the Sensuous line. If you're looking for a sweet woody scent with a more pronounced incense touch, Sensuous Noir could be a good option.

arlina1
arlina1

I love the entire Sensuous line. Noir is stronger to me and more for evening wear. Again wood, amber, patchouli heaven. Another home run from Estee.

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

The original Sensuous is one of favorite scents, so I picked up this flanker unsniffed. My thoughts? It's ok... but that's all. What makes Sensuous work for me is the delicate balance between the woods and vanilla. In Noir, the woods take over, and bring along a hefty dose of pine and patchouli. I sadly get no insense, which I would have loved. It's definitely unisex, but I prefer a more masculine perfume. On paper it looked like a winner, but I find it a bit boring. Might give it to my husband, who quite enjoys it.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

Completely unisex...spicy pepper kick with a hint of pine and a rich dry down. Not for the timid, this is a hear me roar type scent! Evening and cool weather fragrance that will make you dream of a romantic getaway in the mountains. This had great staying power on my skin that usually eats up fragrance.

secretsweets
secretsweets

I bought this one on my B-day and what a great buy!! I was looking for something new and the sale Lady @ Belk help me with this one.. and when I smell this sexy Frangrance I have to buy it

bronstein
bronstein

This is a balanced composition, unobtrusive yet recognisable. I think it's not as mysterious and dark as the subtext "noir" suggests, but still seductive enough to allow for a nice romantic rendezvous. That said, it is perhaps a bit too clean for an unforgettable night. On the other hand, it may be worn on any occasion, which makes it a nice all-purpose fragrance.

Siouxsiesparkle
Siouxsiesparkle

I really like this fragrance. It is quite strong & lasting on the skin. This could definitely be a unisex fragrance. In fact, I think I'd prefer it on my husband. Patchouli & pepper are just too overwhelming on me. I like this best once it dries down, because it warms up & I can smell more of the amber. This is best as a cold weather fragrance.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Lately I have been craving evergreen notes and Christmassy scents. I enjoy my aromatherapy sessions at home with Fille en Aiguilles, and Zagorsk, and Nuit Etoilee, and sometimes Norne. I was sure I can add this one too. Sensuous Noir is gorgeous but too "perfumy' for aromatherapy. The description mentions innovative Nature Print technology. Sensuous Noir does not smell as natural as the above fragrances do. It is classy and charming but too mainstream. It just smells like perfume, not like a forest I was looking for. Perhaps I was too naive to have such expectations for a designer perfume but I always loved Estee Lauder scents. I will use my bottle when I go out. Same can be said about Estee Lauder Aliage.

Soutty123

I really like this but the lasting power and sillage is a bit poor for a Lauder perfume. I'm going to try amping it up with L'agent by Agent Provocateur body lotion. I find L'Agent just a bit too dry and smoky alone but it is strong and I think combined with Sensuous Noir it could be really good.

anthe
anthe

only tested this but I can tell you it lasts a day and a half on my wrist which is amazing. the top notes however are different from Sensuous, almost medical... I love Sensuous more, but I'll have to get a 30ml of Noir since it's such a killer:)

cfoggin
cfoggin

I absolutely love this perfume, I find it has great staying power on my skin and very sexy!!
It reminds me of amber nude, cinnibar and youth dew but less harsh

Scout
Scout

I don't get pine from this. I am generally hard-pressed to distinguish this from the original Sensuous. It is very much alike at the core and base, and there might be a slight difference in the flowery/sweet bits in the periphery, but they are minor. In some ways I admire this; it's great to create riffs on a theme, and keep stuff consistent. I don't like the practice of keeping a name and then adding "eau fraiche" or "noir" and have it be a completely different composition. I guess in summary, if you already have a Sensuous bottle, no need to rush out for this. Wait until you're out and try this option next time. An exception would be the "nude" version of Sensuous, which is completely different altogether.

thatsperf
thatsperf

Lovely balmy spicy fragrance with a hint of vanilla. It reminds me of Shalimar too.

zimmer73
zimmer73

A warm, cosy scent,with sweetness, smooth spicyness and hints of flowers and vanilla..
Just love it, just up my alley!

anna7777777
anna7777777

when i tried this i fell in love amazing smell!i have the sensuous but i think i like this mooore!it smells stronger and more intense than sensuous!

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

This is how Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire should have smelled!!!...
Sensuous Noir is a sultry, dark, deep fragrance that is very captivating. It's patchouli overload so prepare yourself in case you don't like this particular note.
I get a lot of pine in the first phase but it slowly fades away to give place to a very rich woodsy drydown, wich is in fact my favorite phase in this perfume. Sillage is not enormous, just enough to get you subtly noticed.
As much as I really like this fragrance, I can't see myself wearing Sensuous Noir anytime but in special nighttime occasions, and with a light hand as to not overpower those around me.
But overall, amazing sexy winter perfume.

Regina Weaver
Regina Weaver

It is considered by many a unisex fragrance. Some people even say that it's too masculine for women. I do not agree with that. I can compare it to wearing a man's shirt and tie - it's supersexy on the right woman. When I spray it on, I feel transformed. A sensual smell which makes you feel the queen of the night. Elegant, dark, rich, warm and spicy. I especially love the unique pine note. A beautiful addiction. :)

antfarm
antfarm

Sensuous Noir would be very sexy on a man. On my skin it smells like a straightforward masculine fougere. It's all pine, wood, and spices. It gives off a subtle, warm "eau de clean man's beard" aroma. I get no floral notes, patchouli, or sweetness from this one at all.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This fragrance goes on a bit "purple". I know, you may think I'm cheating by saying this - because the bottle is purple, but there seems to be a distinct "purple-ness" that comes through on the first spray. The original Poison has a very similar vibe to this. Poison comes across like a rich deep plum.

I like the way that Sensuous Noir melds with my skin. About 20 minutes into the spray, this fragrance merges and melds into the skin in a way where it becomes a part of me, rather than standing out too obviously. This is the same thing that happens to a few of my other favorite fragrances, such as Beautiful by Estee Lauder, that I've worn for years as my very favorite fragrance.

This is a fragrance that is named Noir... and people may get the impression that this should be worn in the evening, only. I "get" that it is a fragrance that could be worn any time of day or night on the right person. It does not come across overpowering where it would only be a winter or night time fragrance.

I acted the part of a fragrance hog this evening, squirting about 6 different fragrances on my arms to see how the individual chemistry wears with my skin. This made the final cut out of the ones that I tried. I would like to revisit this - and isolate it unto itself to make sure that it is a fragrance that I totally resonate with before purchasing.

So far, so good.
I'd just like to make sure that it would be a "signature fragrance" - something that would be complimentary to me and my essence - and would also make a memorable impression without being overwhelming.

The longer this wears, I can still detect the sandalwood - but it takes on a bit of a shampoo type fragrance on my skin, long term. This is probably a "chemistry thing". I liked it - up until smelling that note.

Elenitsa8784
Elenitsa8784

I really love this perfume... I have so many perfumes but this is something different!

TheCountess
TheCountess

This is a very sexy, dark lady. I've been wearing this a lot lately. If I could describe a scene with this perfume, I would imagine a mysterious, beautiful witch, sitting in front of her fireplace, eating dark, delicious, ripe fruits. There's that syrupy woodsy smell (if that makes any sense) and dusty florals. It's decadent and alluring. Long lasting.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

On me this is a watered down version of black orchid

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

This is one that I truly regret selling! I should have just put it in a drawer and left it for a month or two and tried again. Everything about this says that I SHOULD love it, but the day I tried my new bottle . . . it just didn't click and I was so disappointed.

Of course, now I am kicking myself for being a fool!

Anybody want to take pity on a fool and send me a bottle? I will love you forever!!!! Or until senility makes me forget everything . . .

po
po

Sensuous Noir is a cross between Midnight Poison and Belle d`Opium with a smidge of Feminite du Bois and the original Sensuous infused with pine needles. I can picture a woman with an Yves Saint Laurent tuxedo suit wearing this. And yes, I find it a little androgynous.

Opens with an almost medicinal spicy blast of pine and pepper as strongly as the original Lolita Lempicka opens with ivy and anise. I like this part because it's quite unusual and cooling/ burning - almost like peppery mint. It remains spicy until the very end and there is definitely some clean patchouli in the middle. I can also detect benzoin which makes it a little more incensey but does not add any sweetness. The drydown after several hours is deliciously soft with whispering amber but I don't get any floral elements.

Where the original is creamy this one is smokey.

Therefore although Sensuous Noir is a perfectly enjoyable woody peppery perfume it lacks an interesting twist beyond the opening. I'd prefer it to be a little more edgy but I still like it.

degauss
degauss

A title that matches the perfume for once, I'm shocked.

Sensuous, yes, and subtle, doesn't project much, but very refined. The amber and vanilla seems to be working as the center piece, the patchouli, and an undetectable hint of pine brings it up, giving the almost incense-y core a shinier edge. The peppers come out to play about two hours in, and it's both worth the wait, and the wait alone is very enjoyable. As for the flowers, I suppose they influence the scent from the sidelines. I'm a bit undecided about the Noir part - whether it's truly there. Maybe a more generous application of the perfume is needed for that effect. Overall, I'm very satisfied - is the word - with how it smells, it gratifies me. In relation to other scents, SN comes across a bit like the female counterpart of Salvador Dali Black Sun. I would also tentatively suggest that it shares character with Dune but is, perhaps, an improvement over it. Not too enthusiastic about the projection, though - sits quite close to the skin, and the longevity remains to be evaluated yet.

MarillaV
MarillaV

I have a soft spot for Estée Lauder perfumes and absolutely adore Sensuous, it is one of my favorite perfumes ever. However, I cannot wear the Noir version at all. My skin takes the pine note and projects it crazily. All I can smell are those fake pine candles you get around the holiday season. Also a slight hint of dirty patchouli. Don't get me wrong, patchouli can be sexy, but not when the only other thing it is mixed with is pine. Such a horrible smell on my skin and such a shame because I love the original so much and would love a "darker" version. If your skin eats up pine like mine, stay away!

oona noir
oona noir

This is fantastic juice! I waffled about getting it for over a year because my other EL fragrances (Youth Dew and Cinnabar) do not get as much wear time as I would like. But I finally caved and bought it a few days ago and I already know this is going to be a real staple in my wardrobe. It has sexiness and edge without being slutty or brainless. For me, this strikes a perfect balance. Both intellectually satisfying and sexually appealing. When my hubby smelled it last night, he asked "Are you wearing Tabac Blond?". I wouldn't say it's a dupe by any means, but I understand his confusion given the sweet ambery smokey qualities both have.

casmirlover
casmirlover

Who is the nose behind this pure perfection??

sapientia
sapientia

This was a gift from a good friend. At the time I was not in the mood for something new, I prefered perfumes already tested on me. But I tried it last month, so to give a second chance, and there it was. It was me, as everybody said, even now in hot summer days. Delicious and sweet...Time will tell if I will buy it again.

bonnie003
bonnie003

I love intense smells,feelings,actions..but this fragrance quickly gave me and my co-workers intense displeasure! Our noses and throats swelled up with the harsh smell of old shaving creme on a moldy book!!

samer007
samer007

i sprayed sensuous noir at the counter today and i was pleasantly surprised; a modern fragrance with character? nice! at first whiff i get deep rich very creamy woods, with the unusual pine and dark florals. the base feels rich from the start, verging from woody to sweet. after the pine settles down the patchouli steps up quite a lot and this is where sensuous noir became slightly less impressive... the patchouli is the same clean patchouli that u smell everywhere.. if only sensuous noir's patchouli was less prominent but more skanky, sensuous would have been my favorite pick this year(and the year before that):P
but nevermind that, sensuous noir will be making it to my collection, i really like it!
4+ stars.

kasienka
kasienka

Very warm, soft and fluffy.
Gently spiced with a touch of the Orient.
I associate with well-groomed Hindu.
I used them only in the evening.
My husband was delighted with them.
He spoke: Great!
Attractive and very durable.

Sofy888
Sofy888

Yeah definitely oriental woody!
Warm, feminine, intriguing..very rich
Its at the same time tender and bitter

aqua76239
aqua76239

I sprayed it as I was passing Estee Lauder counter and was pleasantly suprised. This is woodsy, spicy, sweet and ambery. Definately "noir". I thought it smelled like plums but it appears to be purple rose. Very nice. Alas, despite coming on strong initially, it barely passed 2 hour mark before dissappearing into oblivion.
Still..I may buy this if I find a good deal on it

Tovah
Tovah

Just gorgeous! There are too few fragrances like this on the market. I love the woods, the sweetness, and especially the kick of spices. It truly is sensuous. This version reminds me a bit of original Sensuous mixed with Clinique Wrappings. How wonderful is that?!

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

I was incredibly disappointed when I tried this today. I was expecting similarities between Midnight Poison and this, based on the notes and the 'perfumes it reminds me of' section on this site.

Instead, what this is, is a uninteresting, generic patchouli/sandalwood type scent.

I also found it did not last inspite of the 10+ sprays I used of this stuff!

Tulip Time
Tulip Time

I agree with Vanillafreak 100% so I will add only one sentence:

I adore it so much that I spray it on my wrists just before bedtime so I can take in it's sublime fragrance while drifting off to sleepyland!

vanillafreak
vanillafreak

love it
the intense version of Sensuous
not too much pine
just beautiful and balmy
projection is very good, i think this can fill a room if used heavily
so far it's shaping up to be pretty long-lasting
way to go EL proving me wrong about pine notes
now this is the way to do pine and balmy notes without going chrstmas-ey
i want all 3 Sensuous , they are all gorgeous
honey is present,woodiness, just so warm and powerful, bold , very elegant, very "my scarf is worth 2000$" ;)

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

Noticed this at the counter at Macy's today and decided to give it a smell. Wow how I wish I hadn't. I love Estée but this fragrance was bitter, I didn't detect any Patchouli or amber notes at all. My husband said it smells chemically, not fragrant at all. This isn't for me.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Sensuous Noir by Estée Lauder is not a ground breaking fragrance by any stretch of the imagination; however, when compared to other designer fragrances, SN is a breath of fresh air. Basically, it is a sweet, woody oriental with a crowd pleasing pine/patchouli/vanilla-dessert note combo. Do yourself a favor during your next visit to your local department store: walk past Coco Noir and continue straight to SN—you will not be disappointed. Actually, stay at the EL counter and continue sniffing your way through the entire line. Be sure to stop at Cinnabar and Private Collection. If you find the two aforementioned fragrances too “vintage” for your taste, check out Bronze Goddess and Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia; there should be something for everyone.

Longevity and Projection: Good
Overall 3.5/5

joliecat
joliecat

Sensuous Noir is a beautiful fragrance, very soft, polite, feminine, gently spiced, addictive. The pine in it is barely there at all, so don't let that note scare you away. It wears VERY close to skin. Personally, I would love it, and it would be a favorite for me if it lasted more than 5 hours and had strong projection instead of clinging so extremely close to skin.

Sapphi9
Sapphi9

I'll start my review by explaining that I actively avoid perfumes that contain patchouli notes. For whatever reason, on my skin, most patchouli is magnified X1000 and drowns out everything else. Combine that with the fact that strong patchouli usually gives me a headache and you understand why patchouli is generally a no-go for me.
So, when I read the reviews for this perfume I was dying to try it, but completely prepared for a patchouli induced headache.

Well, I finally tried it tonight and I'm so in love! I'll admit, that first spray was a little terrifying because this beast definitely comes on really strong. I regretted even spraying it for the first 2 minutes. Seriously, it was like a pine-sol nightmare.
But then appeared the beautiful warm spices, soft pine and amber, a tiny bit of jasmine. And to my surprise, the patchouli didn't even make much of an appearance until about an hour later. It crept in very softy with some honey and pinch of vanilla. Best part? I have no headache! FINALLY a patchouli I can tolerate! The dry down on this is so deliciously warm and sexy. I can't wait to go buy a bottle.
Just wanted to share my story in case there are any other patchouli sensitive folks who are afraid to give this one a try. I say go for it! :)

Rosey167
Rosey167

I really love this perfume... it just WOWS me... <3 <3 I am looking forward to make this my signature scent... but I don't know if a lavender deodorant will go well with this... what scent of deodorant will work well with this without clashing? any suggestions?

susan1326
susan1326

Wish I had come across Sensuous Noir in October when I was looking for a deep, rich, warm scent for fall and winter. I wore Boyfriend this winter and enjoyed it. But one sniff of SN told me what I was missing. SN has the woody richness of Boyfriend, but in comparison Boyfriend seems like an amorphous blob, all rounded edges and creamy smoothness. What distinguishes SN is the pine. It makes this fragrance interesting. If SN and Boyfriend were lines, SN would be diagonal and Boyfriend would be horizontal, if that makes any sense at all. You'll look at a diagonal line because it's an unexpected juxtaposition with the horizon. The pine note is what makes you take that second sniff-what's that? Not expecting that! Want more! kind of feeling. I rarely save fragrances for evening wear; if I enjoy the heavier scent I'm going to wear it with a light hand in the daytime too. SN works, whatever hour you choose to wear it. This is a well-crafted gem.
Edit: Caress body wash in the Scarlet Blossom Red Lychee and Patchouli scent perfectly preps your skin for Sensuous Noir. Layering increases the lasting power!

Maathir
Maathir

So strong and musky not for me

Spangle
Spangle

Oh yeah, delicious juice! I tried on this along with lots of others today and it stood out to me with a big fat "WOW" on the first spritz!

I LOVE fragrances like this one.

The colour of the bottle is fast becoming my favourite colour too. I think I'll go a bit crazy on that in the bedroom when we decorate the house!

Deep, dark, honey-sweet, creamy, rich, warm, woodsy and just something that makes you feel comforted and relaxed in a luxurious way. I was stood there sniffing my wrist for a bit too long! Estee Lauder does some of the best (if not the best) woodsy scents that I've tried.

darcy2
darcy2

I tested this today after reading the many rave reviews. I love this fragrance! I have only had this type of reaction to perfume twice before, first with Estee Lauder Private Collection in 1974 (it has been reformulated since then and has lost some of its former beauty) and then again in 1994 with Givenchy Amarige. The experience of discovering those fragrances turned out to be an elusive joy; and I have been sniffing and collecting fragrances in the hopes that it would someday happen again. I was beginning to think it never would, and I wondered if I would keep collecting fragrances in the vain, looking for another holy grail.
This past Christmas was my fiance's and my first Christmas under the same roof. We put up a real tree to celebrate it in a special way, and hung out in the den to admire it - and smell it. When I sprayed this on my wrist today that was what I smelled first, along with some dark luscious fruit. It warmed to spicy vanilla and what smells like frankincense to me. I am not picking up a lot of florals at any point, nor am I detecting the earthiness of what I recognize as patchouli. However, it is well blended, and I am no expert at picking out notes. This is a dark seductive fragrance, not for everyday casual wear. Nevertheless, I will wear it on a a special evening, and certainly all through the holidays next year.

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

So torn on this one.

The bottle is magnificent, the glass substantial, the whole make up of this seems so promising.

It's just too much pine for me to handle.
Maybe I'll try again, I just wanted to love it. I like it woody, spicy etc. But in this case I liked the concept more than reality. Luten's Feminite du bois is far easier for me to wear and love.

Can be found online without breaking the bank - gosh, I just wished the pine would scream so loudly.
Looking to trade my whole bottle - send me a message.

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

I am really liking this perfume. I agree with the voters who checked pine & patchouli to be the most dominating notes in the opening. For that reason this reminds me a bit of a winter holiday perfume (because of the pine needles note). I also detect a sweetness that must be the combination of honey and benzoin. I really don't get much in the way of florals though. As it dries down the amber becomes more prominent on my skin. It definitely is a cool/cold weather perfume due to the heaviness, but I like that; Poison is one of my favorites so I absolutely LOVE heavy hitters!
I really LOVE the original EL Sensuous and have a gift set of it. I tried pairing the original Sensuous body lotion with the Sensuous Noir perfume and got a really nice result. As a matter of fact, you could wear Sensuous as your day time perfume and then switch to Noir very easily without clashing scents.
Sillage is medium/heavy on me and lasts for a good 6 hours, especially when paired with matching lotion and when sprayed on clothes. I sprayed this in my bedroom and came back into the room 45 minutes later and could still smell it hanging in the air. I would choose this for a night out on the town. Personally I would even wear it in the daytime with a light hand.
All in all, EL Sensuous Noir is an interesting, exotic scent that will definitely be getting some play in my scent rotation for the rest of the winter season.
P.S. I REALLY LOVE the bottle! It feels weighty in my hand and the deep, dark purple color is very mysterious.....perfect bottle for a potion of this sort!

I really like the drydown of this: oriental, spicy, warm, almost like myrrh. It's a good scent for going out. Just what bothers me a little is the central Sensuous Note (floral-orange-like), that is in all the sensuous scents. I have to test it more often to see if I can live with the first notes and then enjoy the last notes :-) The staying power on me was moderate.

marinaw90
marinaw90

First spray I smell a raspberry-rose mix (even though no raspberries in it!), then the spice and woodiness comes through on the dry down. The smell of incense. The rose reminds me a bit of Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud, because of its darkness, but no Oud obviously. I don't get much vanilla which suits me as I'm not a massive fan.. Overall great evening scent (although applied lightly it could be worn in the day time).

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

When I first sprayed this, initially I was all: "yuck, this smells too sweet and syntetic". There was something distinctly cloying in it. As time wore on, I found myself sniffing my wrist and becoming oddly addicted to it. Probably because I tend to like scents with amber and patchouli in it (two dominant notes of this scent). I tried sensuous nude and found it very boring. This one is a lot more exciting and actually gives off a vibe of being "sensual" (which is more than you can say about the nude one). I agree with others, that the lasting power seems good with this. Still, I do think the sweetness would end up giving me a headache, so at present I will not be rushing out to buy a bottle.

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but over all it smells like a nicely blended sweet and strong smelling fabric softener. If you love that smell of freshly laundered and fragrant clothing after applying a nice fabric softener, this scent might be right up your alley.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

My husband got me this for Christmas. He let his ex wife's sister pick it out. Clearly something is wrong with him. His ex hates me and there is lots of bad blood there. I hate this perfume. It is not me. I find most Estee to smell old lady and not to my taste. This is no exception. It is heavy and cloying and old lady smelling. I mostly never care for patchouli based scents though...maybe if you do you would like it. I'm thinking my 76 year old Mom will wear it if I give it to her. I don't even want it around as a reminder.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

This fragrance is impressive! I must admit though, I didn't like it at first. I own and enjoy immensely the regular Sensuous, so used to something a little more rounded, the patchouli opening of Noir got me by surprise. And it's not my favorite part about it either but luckily it calms down as spicy benzoin emerges and takes over with a hint of dry vanilla and shy rose. The entire thing is enveloped in spicy smokiness, like myrrh, that makes you want to sniff more. Powerful stuff, it lasts for weeks on clothes, eventually and to my greatest disappointment, leaving just the dreaded pachouli note. I'm struggling with it, rather than enjoying it. I'm sticking with the original Sensuous.

Mickey Tollerraine
Mickey Tollerraine

I didn't have much time in duty free shop to think so much about buying this, and respecting to my positive feelings about Sensous orginal I bought it, but I disappointed about it, caus I realized this perfume is not my style. It is ok, longlasting, spicy-floral-woody, but it is so much spicy and the top notes make my head aches. anyway I gave it to my mom as a gift, she likes this kind of heavy-spicy scents.

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

So many great reviews of this feisty introverted fragrance. I just wanted to mention for people wondering if they'll like it; it's very very SWEET. Yes, it is spicy and dry and maybe quietly aggressive...But it's not anything like it's scratchy dry sisters; femenite dubois and magie noir.

This scent is anchored by honey and white flowers, vanilla and a good slug of amber.

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

Finally tried on my skin today....and my search to replace Feminite Du Bois is over...such a similar scent on my skin. The appearance of the top spicy notes sadly is not long, but the powdery warm, softer spice/incense mix is beyond beautiful. Have now been wearing this for several hours, and can still smell it STRONGLY. My nose hasn't become accustomed/numb to this magic.
I had two sprays on one arm...and one on the other...they almost smell different scents. The single spray has softened to sweet powder, with faint spice. Almost a nuance of floral note. The double spray arm has a more prominent cedar/spice tone. The rose is discernable with two hits, but the vanilla receded, making it part of the whole, but not a vanilla perfume as such...normally my skin picks up vanilla, to the exclusion of most other notes (burberry brit...may as well be body shop vanilla on me...sigh)
Fabulous either way...subtle, or more powerful. Though I do believe it could be dangerous if not applied judiciously or overused.......subtle ok for day use, if you can wear it and it doesn't wear you. A fabulous evening fume.
Overall, a real surprise, as I wrote off Estee Lauder many moons ago, as old girls frags (no offense to the lovely maturer ladies...hey, I'm no spring chick either...lol) {but they are usually powerful concoctions that don't suit, and won't go away, headache inducing flash backs of crowded lifts in the 80's.}.. but because of fragrantia reviews I gave it a go, and its LOVE...I must own this soon !!!
Sillage.. 10/10 Longevity 9/10
I now own this gem, and its beautiful in the evenings...even mistier rainy days (just a liiiittttle squirt daytime) Womanly and sensuous is how it makes me feel....
OK, I now realize that this doesn't replace Feminite Du Bois, but it stands on its own as a wothy member of my perfume wardrobe. Sadly its only getting outings during winter, but I do love it for what it is.

jinjun
jinjun

Dead ringer for Diesel Green, but I like the bottle.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I've had this for 2 years now, since it first came out, and I haven't worn it much. It's one of those perfumes that are too special, so they are worn sparingly.

My nose: Smooth white flowers, smooth licorice, dark patchouli, rich/spicy vanilla, and wood notes. The far drydown is a pleasant musky vanilla. A very, very warm perfume good for colder weather, incredibly creamy, spicy but NOT peppery like the original Sensuous. The votes suggest that this is a 'piney' perfume, but the pine stage only lasts through the very top notes, along with a rough masculine edge, and then quickly disappears.

2 sprays will do you all day, with good but not overwhelming sillage. It's nice to have a perfume that does this. This smells classy, unique, grown up. A great one from EL.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I just bought the 1.7 oz bottle of this and if they sold a 3.4 oz bottle I would have bought that instead!!! I have been looking for a sexy dark winter scent for the last few weeks without any luck. The perfume counter at Nordstrom's was not giving me what I wanted and I was feeling a bit bummed so I just decided to wander through the cosmetic section. Lancome - no, Chanel - have them, Estee Lauder - my mom. That's the first thing I thought of. I can't help it. I'm 39 and grew up with my mom and Aunt being EL junkies. You know the gigantic eyeshadow and makeup palettes that are purchase with purchase during the holidays and Youth Dew, White Linen, Beautiful....I just never pictured myself wearing Estee Lauder.

But being as I was bored with plenty of time on my hands I figured why not. The woman had me try Sensuous but I was immediately drawn to the beautiful purple bottle. What is that I asked? To which she said "oh, you mentioned you don't like Patchouli". I don't!!! But I decided to try it anyway.

Good grief!!! What is this beautiful juice? I immediately get fruit. The woman said no there is no fruit listed in the notes. So I had her smell my wrist. She says, Oh yes you smell like berries. I get beautiful berries but they are not sweet. They don't last long. Just long enough to say hello and then they fade. There is pine in the background keeping the berries grounded and the most beautiful spices rising up thru the pine. I can not tell you which spices they are but they are sassy and peppery. After about 30 minutes this warmth begins to emanate from my wrist. This beautiful smokey warmth with spices, amber & woods. I never get rose or honey or vanilla but I think the vanilla and honey help to keep the spices and patchouli creamy almost liquid like they are sizzling on a bon fire and this is the smell that comes wafting up from the embers. After a couple of hours the vanilla starts to show itself on me but it never becomes sweet. It just continues to be creamy in the background. This smell is amazing. I feel confident and sexy and I can NOT wait to wear this this fall. We live in Minneapolis and are getting ready for lots of snow but I have this baby to help keep me warm.

Thank you Estee Lauder for showing this 30 something that your products aren't just for our mothers from days gone by in the 80's!! I also bought Sensuous for everyday....I think I'm becoming my mother. Well, she is a beautiful woman. I should be so lucky!!! Thank God there were no gigantic makeup palettes to be bought cause who knows!!!

3 words to describe Sensuous Noir - Sexy, Warm, Inviting

hadassa
hadassa

I should say that the quality of perfumery under the brand "Estee Lauder" has never disappointed me. EL's significant style isn't exactly my thing, but I have to admit that every EL perfume I've tried so far was of a very high quality - well mastered, well rounded, well balanced sillage killers that last all day. I love it.

Now concerning Sensuous Noir. I think it is an amazing perfume. It is very modern - the composition of this fragrance is quite typical for our time. It is somehow similar to a number of successful contemporary fragrances, but Sensuous Noir is surprisingly better. I also feel a classy old-school vibe in it, which is obviously great.

I love the fact it is strong and expressive, but not "edgy" like Angel, for instance (I'm an Angel girl but I don't need this edginess every day).
The pine note is fantastically natural on my skin, and I know what I'm talking about since in the past I used to live in Jerusalem, where the air is full of this intoxicating aroma... When I tested SN I suddenly woke up there. SN certainly fulfills the main aim of perfumery - it stimulates your imagination as a true piece of art should be able to do.

muskymoi
muskymoi

Wearing this makes me want to run out and rustle me up a man. Very dangerous. I feel very sexy wearing SN...I may report back on the success of such an endeavor. Sometimes, I sniff this and am reminded of Tom ford's tobacco vanille but minus the tobacco. It's a puzzlement. : )

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Wow !!! This perfume is pure feminity , nothing masculine here . Dark , intense and sexual . It's a magnet for opposite sex .
It's pine ,spicey,patchouli and vanilla . Those 4 notes I can feel mostly .
Something of it reminds me about Belle D'opium , but Sensuous Noir is more-more powerful and dark .

Pari88
Pari88

I finally got a chance to smell this one. I have to say I really enjoyed it. It is so comforting, like being in a wood cabin with your loved on, curled up before the fire, eating warm pie, on a cool November night. Theres a little bit of "a witch stirring a cauldron" but not the giant mole witch, more like the witch who can transform using spells and become the most beautiful woman on earth lol It's the summer now, so I am sure I will enjoy it much more come autumn. It is very very piney. It actually reminds me of numerous other fumes (Dolce vita, Nanette Lepore, Belle D'Opium) but it's the pine here that makes it stand out and smell very unique and "niche". I would say it's the female counterpart and very similiar to Yatagan by Caron. Add a lot of sticky sweetness and a little camphor and there you go. I love Yatagan but can't wear it because it is just too masculine on me. I found a feminine version that I will love. I will definetely be buying a bottle come fall.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

Let me start by saying that I have recently pared my perfume collection down from over 100 to about 35, and this was one of the first few selections that went into my THIS ONE IS DEFINITELY NOT GOING ANYWHERE,Is a keeper, pile. When I first tried it on a tester strip, the opening to the drydown was just
mesmerizing. Its like being deep in the forest during the midnight hour, surrounded by smoldering fires and crackling twigs, inhaling the crisp night air...positively dazzling.The scent itself is fairly strong and intense,but I'm surprised that the sillage is moderate at best. But I still love this one. Makes me feel witchy and seductive.Absolutely one of my favorites.

Christie171
Christie171

Sensuous Noir-Estee Lauder

The first time I sprayed this, it smelled like exotic berries despite it not having those ingredients. I don't know if it was my body chemistry or something else... whatever. Anyways, I didn't think this was all that great for the price....Until and hour later I smelled my wrists again. It smelled so spicy and just WOW! I could definitely smell the pine, spices and patchouli but they weren't overpowering each other; it was so beautifully blended. It lasted until the next morning so the sillage was great, too. But I do warn people who aren't oriental/woody perfume fans: this can come off as masculine to you if you can't fully appreciate spicy smelling fragrances. You have to have an open mind to this. One of the best perfumes I've ever smelled. 10/10

Aspendina
Aspendina

hated it when i first tried it but gave it another shot and wow I LOVE it, its very creamy, with a little spice, it lasted moret than 24hrs on me, I hope to get this soon. It will be great for winter :-) a must have for everyone.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

I have to say I was very hesitant to get this, I sampled it at the store and really thought the pachouli was too much, but I do love the dark spice and the pine. The drydown is a soft floral amber. The end result is intoxicating and shockingly it is very lasting scent. I ended going back to the store just to get the perfume. This is my 1st Estee Lauder fragrance and I really enjoy it. I wish it came in 3.4oz that's how much I like it.

acavicchi
acavicchi

Sensuous Noir reminds me a lot of a "classic" perfume. Perhaps it's the combination of benzoin, rose, jasmine and amber that does it, but it definitely has a mature smell. With all of the woody notes, it reminds me a lot of incense, and dark, dusty wooden temples I visited in Asia.
I sampled it yesterday and my husband said "I smell incense. What is that? Is that you?".
I don't think it's a scent I really want to wear but it's not unpleasant. It has great lasting power, too.

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

I have removed my recent post as to whether this is a replacement for Aromatic Elixir. Tried it over the weekend, definately dont like this. All I could smell was hard plastic, right through. Very synthetic. just not for me, Knowing or Paloma Picasso are still way better.

witch_mum
witch_mum

Despite the addition 'Noir' in the name, I feel the original Sensuos more darker, sensual - this one brings a fruity note on my skin, although there is no fruit according to the description. The notes patchouli, guajac and amber are my favorite notes but I'm missing sandalwood and honey so much that I stay at the mother scent. But this one is also a nice scent indeed.

cheekychee
cheekychee

I ended up giving my Sensuous Noir away and I do not do that often. I loved it when I first smelled it, but it disappointed me because it just never :came through: for me.

nikkimouse

@ Lillipopsneeze, I agree it is similar to Midnight Poison by Dior but to me only a little, not as abraisive (to my sniffer)-(btw, I personally do not like midnight poison)

Just wanted to add, I purchased all three sensuous perfumes at once (all small bottles) Loved them all and couldn't decide (yes a bit of a splurge) At first sensuous noir was my favorite, and found myself not all that interested in the original or nude. Then as time past I find myself now absolutely in love with sensuous nude, and the original along with noir are now both come in 2nd, lol, I suppose it will change again.

Amazing, really after the first week, I really found myself almost disliking sensuous nude, and as I've already mentioned, I am absolutely in love with it now, which has lead me to the conclusion that I no longer need Bronze Goddess

And I have to say, noir (for me) stays close to the skin, while sensuous nude I feel has a more than moderate sillage. I recieve so many compliments on the nude, while only a few for sensuous, not that this is what determines my likes/dislikes. But I'm sure somewhere in the back of my mind it probably does play a role in my decision making process. As much as I dont want it too, we are human and it's sometimes unavoidable ...lol

so weird ---- today, I'm weraing sensuous noir, and I smell peach. I swera this smells different on me from day to day. I would say it might be my sniffer, but this is one of very few fragrances that this happens. Today, I LOVE sensuous noir

ooooh, I think they should make an elixer version of this, adding peach and more rose :)

You're all going to think I'm crazy, but I've just dabbed a little Tresor' on my skin before spraying sensuous noir.. and oh my goodness, I've struck pure gold!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I sniffed esteem lauder sensuous noir when i was buying their self tanner. (Which rocks for pale skin ) ....anyways, I sniffed this and I keep thinking about it. I keep remembering how dark and beautiful it is. It reminds me of wintertime and the way a big green pine glistening under a moonlit sky would smell. I definately get pine and incense and florals...kinda reminds me of a musky wreath....if that makes sense. This perfume is more popular in Europe than America. In USA everyone wants to smell the same...this is very elegant and you know what I love that it has some scillage. I don't like wearing perfume I have a hard time smelling. I like to smell ny scent. That's why I spend so much money on it. I also like the original sensuous too. That would be a great present for any woman over 20 but sensuous noir is more line sensuous with a purpose. I think this is far more mature 35 years old or more is say(not always...just a guideline) ...this is definately meant for nights anf I think its more aimed to colder weather but I'd wear it year roubd at night in the night air it would be marvelous. A stunner....the drydown of bvlgari jasmine noir is kinda inside this perfume but its amplified by the incense somehow. It's almost like a sugared blvlgari jasmine noir mixed with some midnight poison, a dash of angel....its really unusual. I like this scents personality. I think it gets better with drydown. This is obe you wear to stand out. Not blend in. This is an adult sexy...not a let's get it on type sexy. I'm glad to find this because I really don't want to smell like a teenager u want to smell like a strong woman. I love this. Some people won't like this one. It's not a good one to buy as a gift cuz a lot of people will be turned off by this.

cinsot

How did this volatile concoction of tenacious slow-burning smothering woods with an adamant prickly pine steal its way into my affections? It is illogical for me to love the very things that have to date frightened me about Sensuous Noir.

I suspect the unrestrained honey hook has played a significant part in bringing me around to seeing the unmistakable appeal of abiding in the shadowy depths of its soul. Along with the obscure seasoned bouquet.

Sensuous Noir is disturbingly good all of a sudden.

nikkimouse

I have a love/ hate with sensuous noir, I can't deny it's an amazing scent, gorgeous, creamy, spicey... fresh pine needles. And it's very feminine, but some days that pine with the spices and pepper/patchouli, just comes across a bit to masculine for me. IDK, I suppose I have to be in the right mood for this. Often I think I'm in that mood, I spray on my neck and wrists... and moments later I want to scrub it off, ... again, not that it's not a gorgeous scent. just .. arrrrgh!

And it is balmy and close the the skin, but there is a slight silage, every time I move after hours of wearing, I an still smellng it clearly.

And personally, I dont find this similar to feminite du bois, has some of the same notes. But FEM is all about a more dry and cedar kind of slightly sharp drydown, this is pure thick cream in the drydown.. totally different feeling.

I agree, it reminds me of Christmas, but not in a girly or womanly way, but in a slightly masqueline way.

Still worth a try, I do believe it's a high quality scent for the right person.. male or female

Probably best to get a decent size sample and try it out for atleast a few days

Also, I really don't find this to be much at all like 'Nanette Laporte'

Just wanted to add, I've compared closely to my Shiseido 'Feminite du Bois' and yes, at one point, they are very similar. (this is my favorite part of SN) .... but as they dry down.... the cedar becomes dominant in fem du bois and SN actually becomes more masqueline, while at the same time, creamy instead of dry

aditika
aditika

I am soooo eager to own this. But just bought No 19 and Mademoiselle so will have to wait. I am crazy for this scent

weegee
weegee

I tested Sensuous Noir a week ago and it made me smile so much that I ordered a bottle 2 hours later. My bottle arrived today and sadly, I've realized I ordered too hastily.

Not only did SN fade to a very close skin scent between 3 and 4 hours after application, the pine and benzoin notes create a bitterness that doesn't totally ruin it for me but certainly keeps me from loving it. While I don't dislike it I can't truly say I like it either; it's more of a feeling that the bottle is just... unnecessary. This isn't just a shame but also surprising because not only do I love all of the other notes, normally I enjoy pine and benzoin as well.

So I wondered, why did that first application make me smile? I went pawing through my collection and discovered that Sensous Noir had reminded me of Nanette by Nanette Lepore, one of my favorites! Nanette lacks SN's bitterness but otherwise captures all of its positive aspects with twice the longevity. And, at less than half the price of SN at several on-line retailers Nanette is a true bargain.

dkny27
dkny27

Very serious fragrance, but soothing as well. I'm not getting the patchouli, instead a complimenting blend of the pine, benzoin/incense and vanilla with an exotic tone. It is beautiful and different, to choose this fragrance you need to be able to carry its personality.

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

Yes, this is certainly a scent for nighttime and can be described as dark, mysterious. Unfortunately, this scent was too sharp for my nose especially when I smelt my wrists closely. The sharpness makes it quite masculine as well. On a positive note, it is very longlasting - I had tried to scrub it off in the shower and I could still smell it afterwards.

missymary
missymary

Sensuous Noir is noir in the sense of being pine-resinous and heavy on amber and churchy incense.

Definitely not a daytime or office scent. I think it would be best worn by women who want to come across as dark mysterious and complex. If that sounds like you, then I say, good luck with it. Personally it's not a perfume that I like but it's a very good one of the potpurri/pinewood type.

The bottle is a nice parma purple and the swirly grooves curling around the flat palmed shape make it VERY tactile.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

This fragrance blew me away. I have so many perfumes, and stick to either the orientals or their polar opposites... fruity/floral and anything with cacao, pralines, caramel, toffee, hazelnut or chocolate. (I'm dieting, so the sweet stuff can only enter my world thru the olfactory).

I happened on this one because my ex-MIL had given me a sample set of mini's from Estee Lauder. I tend to prefer the niche perfumes, so that set of mini's sat in a drawer for, I dunno, 7 years? Anyways, after finding Fragrantica I started digging through my hidden treasures and found that I liked the Sensuous mini. That of course led me to Sensuous Noir on this website and thus, I ordered a sample from The Perfumed Court.

I put it on and was not super impressed or turned off by the initial spray. However, as is so often the case, it was the dry down post 3 hours that absolutely floored me. I was getting compliments at work (which has only happened once with the Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan)... and 8 hours into having sprayed myself (probably too liberally), I was still able to smell this most delightful fragrance on myself. This fragrance LOVES me. And I it.

I can't tell you what notes I detect. I just know that it ends up a slightly sweet, slightly purple fruity powder. I DETEST powder, so this was also a stunner. I kept thinking...oh! THIS is the powder people look for and like.

I can't pull out the *patchouli, or rose. I can't detect vanilla or wood. Not as single notes. This is all about the chorus, the bars and chords and melody of the entire combination. The swirling, sexy, light, yet THERE, essence of the combination of benzoin, creamy woody fruity (I KNOW, there is NO fruit listed at all... I don't understand it either)... the fruity is ever so slight...

This might be classified as an evening, but I was able to pull it off at the office with much applause from my co-workers. I have found myself reaching for it daily, yet I FORCE myself to put on something different (just cuz I like to wear something different every day)... but I am always disappointed now in all my old favorites because they don't measure up to this wonderful juice.

I wish I could do this justice for those who are looking for the notes, but those are listed in all the reviews before me. Everyone is doing a great job listing what they detect.

I just think that E.L. hit it OUT of the park on this one, and I hope this does not go away. In fact, they need to make it in the 3.4oz, cuz I'm gonna need a bigger bottle!

If you have the opportunity to test this, please do! But do NOT judge this until you have let her settle on to your skin for at least 3 hours. Longevity and sillage are PERFECT.

PERFECT!!! I spray this on before I lay down to sleep each night after having worn a different perfume... just to bring her back to me... and wrap her comfy arms around me. Dreams are made of this.

*Edit: I feel a little mental adding to this already long review... however, I have to add that only in the past week have I discovered the patchouli in this. How did I miss it?? It is a great, creamy, mentholated patchouli that just blends right into the rest of the notes. I seriously can't believe I missed this before. This remains my signature scent. But had to add that the patch in this may knock your socks off if you are not a patch fan. not to worry though, the patchouli disappears over time, and that gold plated beautiful creamy powdery sweet drydown remains.

i'mtooobesessed
i'mtooobesessed

It's actually surprisingly really nice! Really recommend!

orchid_84
orchid_84

Full list of notes: purple rose, rose essence, jasmine queen of the night, black pepper, molten woods, crème noir accord, patchouli, spiced lily, benzoin, vanilla, honey, amber.

I’ve tested Sensuous Noir multiple times. Usually I love patchouli - I find it rich, deep, dark and woody. I always wondered what people meant when they said patchouli smelled like “mildew” or “musty basement.” I think I know now.

The patchouli in Sensuous Noir is so heavy-handed that it falls completely flat for me. I can smell nothing else in this but stale dirt and mildew. Some of my favourite fragrances are intensive patchouli bombs, i.e. Angel, Midnight Poison so in theory, this should really work for me.

I find nothing remotely sweet about this, so I'm surprised to see that others have described it as sweet. It makes something like Midnight Poison seem like an absolute sugar bomb in comparison. I don't mind the fact that it's not sweet...in fact, I like that this has unisex leanings. The problem is that I find Sensuous Noir incredibly flat. The patchouli is loud and one-dimensional. I'm a fan of many loud fragrances, but this one is loud in a way that lacks depth.

Based on many of the reviews here, I feel as though I am smelling a completely different fragrance. There is certainly nothing soft, smoky or sultry about this on my skin. I wish I got the dark, seductive feel that Sensuous Noir is supposed to exude....but I'm afraid I find it pretty dull.

aschiffm
aschiffm

first spray was sooo strong, so peppery and spicy, even as a lover of spices, this was a little much for me. but after only five minutes or so it settled into spicy pine/forrest- kind of masculine but in a womanly way. and after an hour or so it was a nice warm spicy amber. all the stages of the dry down were distinct and pleasant, made me feel very "womanly" and indeed darkly sensuous and alluring!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

The ultimate in masculine meets feminity - dry yet sweet, deep and mysterious so many perfect notes coming together in the most amazing way. One of the few perfumes that have been released in the past decade that I have even taken an interest in. The smokier, darker sister of Sensuous - magnolia has been swapped here for patchouli, the honey has been amped up (I LOVE) my other half is crazy for this. It truly is a man magnet. Makes my mouth water. If this gets discontiuned like my beloved Beautiful Love you have lost me forever Lauder corporation.

&lla
&lla

Delicious warm woods, spices and patchouli blended to creamy perfection. Sensuous Noir could easily be called "Sumptuous". It perfectly satisfies my craving for a deep dark and bold perfume. This is a must-have for spice lovers! I would defnintely agree that SN is more suited for night wear, but I think if applied lightly it could also be used for daytime. People will certainly notice your presence when you wear this beauty! It's more dry than sweet, and I can see why some people think this is masculine, but to me it's pure feminine seduction. Oh and the lasting power is amazing! LOVE IT.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

oh my goodness. I'm sitting here.. sniffing one of my top favorite.. which is Estee's Sensuous Noir... and I had just swapped my Yves Saint Laurent 'Nu'... missing it... but as I sit here and sniff, it hit me that this smells like my 'Nu' .. dont' get me wrong.. not exactly, it's not a dead ringer.. but the spices that are in nu.. are if not all, mostly here in my sensuous noir :D I'm absolutely ecstatic right now..lol Why did I not notice this before? It's better than nu though. The amber and benzoin is lucious,totally sexy and the rose shines through it's not meant to be a star player but more of a supporting role sweetening up the mix softening.. it's just slightly detectable adding a touch of powder. Yes it's definently softer and cremeaier.. with a gorgeous pine. I didn't even realised I liked pine until now. It's very soft but definently detectable and soo yummy! I know the spices with the pine seem masqueline, but no.. this is very sexy feminine .. although I'm sure the right man could pull this one off. Cant stop enhaling my wrist, lol

And much to my suprise two people have already noticed the similarities..lol, good job people :D

Have to say it is also but not as much , somewhat similar to my Shiseido 'feminite du bois' as well as my former (miss you) Dior's Dolce Vita (although not as similar as yves 'nu'). ooh this is delicious stuff.. totally non gourmand though

Referring to the comments below. I don't believe this is Christmassy at all. Yes I can detect pine , but I can also detect peach in Tresor' and it doesn't mean that it makes me think of the southern state of Georgia..lol I find the pine to be a perfect balance, very well blended, super creamy

Adding .. I just wore this went to work recieved a compliment as I walked in and stopped to say hello to the security guard. I sat down at my desk, a big office flirt came over to show me some stats.... next thing I know he's sniffing me.. in the manner of a boozy drunk! lol... I also got a compliment from my girl friend at work... one of those ''OH MY GOD, what are you wearing' remarks.. So yes, this is without a doubt a compliment getter, but there is not a huge silage you have to not be afraid to let people get close to you , if yu are looking for compliments

This is a classy but volumptuous goddess

This is also similar to alien, differences? silage not a monster like alien, patchouli and jasmine is softer in estee, estee has pine and more spice... is overall creamier softer

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Sensuous Noir is a lovely perfume - very sexy, intense (but not in an overpowering stinky way!), deep and VERY long-lasting. I tested it in a department store and some got on the sleeve of the top I was wearing and I can still smell it on there 3 days later! I really don't get the pine needles smell in this perfume that some reviewers have mentioned. On me the honey, vanilla, rose and black pepper are the clearest notes and they're lovely!

tulpe
tulpe

tested it today and OMG it's fabulous. It is dark, mysteriuous, deep, sexyyy. Longlasting. I want it soo badly.. Patchouli, pepper , even pine - it is wonderful

GreyMan
GreyMan

This is a real beauty. I can see why some might consider it too masculine. But I have never been deterred by that idea or quality in a fragrance.

From the start it's been like a cross between Angel and Midnight Poison, and it's more polite than both of them. If I wasn't practically married to both of them, SN would definitely be a must have. As it is, it will remain a maybe for now.

There is an unmistakable note of pine needles. But based on some reviewers' complaints I expected it to be more prominent. While I really like this, I will have to look elsewhere for the heavy-duty pine/cedar fix I'm craving.

On the whole I'm impressed by the fact that I'm impressed. Previously I had never even been interested in anything by this brand.

stacia79
stacia79

I agree that Sensuous Noir is perfect for the Christmas season. Smells very strongly of pine, but not in a car air freshener way that would make you hate it. No, it smells like real fresh pine growing in a snowy forest. That, and warm winter mulling spices like cinnamon and cardamom. Very luscious and a little bit femme fatale. I wore it to work no problem, just a few drops applied under a warm sweater. It was very cozy to get little wafts of Sensuous Noir peeking at me through the workday. Probably an evening fragrance for most people though.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This could have easily been named 'feminite du bois' ... I have a sample of Serge Lutens, I have a full bottle of Shiseido's 'feminite du bois', and I have dior Dolce Vita (which smells similar) And I honestly think this is the best of all! Very niche, very very nice, sexy, alluring, lasting, high quality ingreediants... it's a bit more than the average Estee Lauder fragrance (being it doesn't come larger than a 1.7 and is the same price as estees 3.3's) ...and it's worth every penny!

I can smell all notes litsed, but at the same time it's so well blended so balanced creamy just wonderful. I know I already left a comment, but I just couldn't help myself to praise it a little more

Decodawn
Decodawn

This is Christmas in a bottle!! Think Christmas pudding, Christmas Cake, Mince Pies, fruit, brandy, cinnamon, it is just delicious and very sensual.

kimee
kimee

A deeper and more delicious version of Sensuous. This is gorgeous and would be a perfect, comforting fragrance for the cooler months of the year. On me the fragrance settles to a scent that reminds me of rich plum pudding. I personally love it!

filiz
filiz

pacthuli and smokey notes are the main differences from the regular sensuous. this noir version is dark, noble and very gothic.

this parfume is just like bulgari jasmine noir, quite changes on indivual's skin chemisty.

before decide to buy; you should apply your skin and must wait about half an hour to know it fits your skin or not.

sillage: 7/10
longevity :8/10

Soutty123

I've had this perfume for a while but so far I've only worn it in the evening. Today is the first time I've worn it all day. It is a cold and foggy November day. Outside the smell of woodsmoke mingles with the earthy smell of dank Autumn leaves. Sensuous Noir is the perfect perfume to wear in this weather. I can still smell it 8 hours after applying it and the drydown is sweet, smoky and delicious. I do feel that the opening is a little sharp and at first I find the patchouli a little scary but after 30 minutes it softens up considerably and becomes much sweeter on my skin.

I have always worn Obsession at this time of year but like many others I am disappointed with it since it was reformulated. This could be my new Autumn signature :)

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Although I am fond of SENSUOUS EDP, I must say that this seems very impressive. It is stronger, richer, more delicious and enjoyable than the original version. In my opinion, it is not proper for summer or spring, for office and work. On contrary, it would be ideal for autumn and winter as well as for intimate moments. Woody and sweet at the same time, mysterious and dark, it has been made for passionate,bold, sexy and eccentric women who are not afraid of their desires and live life to the fullest. You have to be self confident to support this one.
A sensual scent that lasts for hours !!

elenian
elenian

As thaocrockett said...The first 10 minutes i couldnt breath, i got sick. After 30 minutes its like sensuous but deeper... A miniature? yes. A bottle? No.

glee
glee

similar to sensuos ,but with a touch of clove
poor lasting power (at least on my skin) almost none compliments ,as I had when I wore sensuos .I hope next estee realese can be better than the last ones ,like adventures(when this one came out it was just available for travelers now you can find it in some stores ,even drugstores in miami ,like navarro) I have not tried sensuos nude ,based on my thoughts about sensuos noir and adventures this last I would describe as sophisticated, but doesn't seem to last like youth dew or beyond paradise.

Aurore
Aurore

So happy to have found at last a new ME perfume...
Have tried Opium by YSL, Shalimar by Guerlain, more Amberlike perfumes but nothing that gave me the same sensation as the Armani perfume of the 1980ies which was stopped +/- 15 years ago.

So fed up with explaining in perfume shops about a perfume most people do not remember or have never heard of, smelling all these odours which do not give you the same wow.
Thank you Estee Lauder for this Sensuous Noir! I now have a new addiction after 15 years!

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

I started to like the scent after an hour. Within the first hour, it smells heavily, too much of oriental spices. I can buy a miniture size bottle to have a different taste sometime, but I wouldn't consider getting myself a bigger one.

maatgirl
maatgirl

This was my Fragrance of the Week a couple of weeks ago. I was intrigued to see that someone began a survey comparing it to Feminite de Bois, which, the more I think about it, is an apt parallel. The main difference between these two is the stewed fruit note that Feminite has and Sensuous lacks...and the blast of patchouli in Sensuous that isn't there in Feminite.
I have to say that if I were to name this fragrance, I wouldn't call it Sensuous; it's too woody and straightforward to be voluptuous. I can understand why some say it has a masculine feel; it has an assertiveness, a sense of sharp edges and chiseled contours that I don't get from more 'feminine' fragrances like Addict or L'Instant, or even from Feminite. I do really like it and I'd like to see if it performs differently in cold weather, but it just doesn't work as well for me as most oriental florals or spicys do. I like it...I like it a lot, but it is not on my list to rebuy.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

In no way do I find this masqueline at all! For me this is much like 'Alien' only toned down and classed up....Alien without the 'skank', lol, sometimes skank is good, but as an everyday scent? Estee Lauder's Sensuous could definently fill that position, it is suble and classy if you want your presence known at all times ..a heavy sillage this may not be for you, but if you only want those witin a five foot radius to detect your pefume this would be the better choice :)

btw I love both this and Alien, this is just much more wearable, bult dont be confussed this perfume is very addictive, potent, alluring....the right woman tho , could definently pull this off as a signature scent :)

And the bottle is actually quite beautiful, it really does have a very sensual feal to it, and the rivits, really I think this bottle fits perfectly for the name and the juice inside :D

I agree with Nadia's comment ''this is a masterpiece''
the creme de la creme of mall perfumes it goes above and even beyond 'the mall'!

And I absolutely love the fact that there is no, zero, none, fruit (nor is it overtly floral)..lol *watches sky clear up and angels swoop down*

=^_^=
da da da...love is in the air..mmmhhmmm hmmm hmmmmmmhmmmmmm

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I only tested this masterpiece once.. And I just felt in love.. But I believe I will have to try again since I´ve seen more than one review revealing this as a masculine!! I just loved it because it sounds so girly!! I definelly need to put this again in my wrist..

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

Wow, this perfume has quite a bite to it - the pepper, floral spiciness, the woody notes and the patchouli combine to create a potent scent that says "Here I am, notice me." In a good way though. This is like the attractive woman you notice, not because she is making any effort but simply because of how she is - the way she is dressed, the way she carries herself. Sensuous Noir is the perfume equivalent of that woman.

Its an evening scent I think, though you could carry it off in the daytime if you really wished to. I could not wear this everyday, my nose would tire of the potency, the patchouli. But I admire it a lot and would love a bottle for the occasional evening outing. It lasts a long time on my skin and has moderate sillage. I have other wardrobe faves I would rank higher than Sensuous Noir but this is definitely a perfume with personality.

lilinah
lilinah

I recently tested this and now it is on my WANT list. This is a potent fragrance, and on me long lasting. It is strongly woody and spicy, with "oriental" tones. I really like that i can smell the benzoin, of which i am quite fond. The patchouli is also well-mannered on me, and not obvious. The florals are far from dominant, and any sweetness (honey, vanilla) is well balanced, thank goodness, since i am rarely fond of noticeably sweet perfumes. In fact, not long after spraying on, the scent became rather dry. Somehow i got some on my cell phone case, and even now, over two weeks later, i get an occasional whiff of Sensuous Noir when i use my phone - which just reminds me how much i want my very own bottle.

LittleSnowflake
LittleSnowflake

Absolutely gorgeous deep, dark, creamy, rich, warm, woodsy scent. I cant stop sniffing my wrist. BUT!...

Its not a fragrance i feel able to wear as i feel its too masculine for my personal preference. But if my husband were to wear this i would not be able to leave him alone - its such a stunningly sexy scent!

I can definitely see its totally wearable by women, especially at night, and would be super sexy on many ladies, but i like to have that definite 'girly' edge to my fragrances, which this doesnt have so much to me... i feel more like its a stunning androgynous scent. It does have the sweetness i crave, but its a warm dark sweetness in the background, rather than girly sweetness if that makes sense?

Its such a smooth, luxurious scent - if only i could talk my hubby into wearing this. He feels its just a womans perfume but i beg to differ. Would be yummy on my man!

chrischourma
chrischourma

Today a young girl passed by and stopped her to ask what perfume she wore. Could not help to ask her. The scent just grabbed my nose. It did smell soooo good on her. 'Hope very soon to try this on me.
This is how the perfume on her hit me:
The amber and vanilla and spices with a pepper base is good in balance.
The amber is not dominant, but high enough.
Spices and pepper surround the amber in a sweet way.
This must differ from Midnight Poison and I will compare both; one in the right wrist and one in the left wrist......

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Love it.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I love this perfume. I'ts soft, sweet and very warm on my skin. I love the melted woods in it but it's different than it's sisters [like them to] . On my skin it is like its also a sister of Le Baiser Du Dragon. I do not smell any masculine note in it and no pine. This is a feminine perfume you can wear day and night, espacially when days are getting colder.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Is there really no sandalwood?? It's what I'm getting most, with patchouli, benzoin/amber and a sweet hint of spices. I regret I sold a full bottle in the spring. It's getting colder again and I miss this COZY friend. + beautiful bottle.
edit: cozy friend is back. Creamy and sweet sandalwood. I smell something oily woodsy too, like if you stand at fresh oil-painting with sandalwood incense in your hand.
100 ml bottle would be fine too :)

HazelMae
HazelMae

This is an extremely satisfying fragrance for me. I am a patchouli-lover and I especially like the way this perfume brings out the glamorous aspect of patchouli (as opposed to the hippie aspect or the herbal aspect).

I didn't realize until I read up on the original Sensuous that this is sort of like Estée Lauder's run at the niche market. Good for them...a fragrance with woods, patchouli, the depth of a good niche, yet with the price, quality and availability of an EL. As far as I'm concerned this is the best thing since sliced bread. I hope this is the wave of the future.

Unlike most flankers, this actually resembles its original and makes me want to buy it as well. Will be buying this in the large size. Two thumbs up.

*sophi*
*sophi*

Woodsy spice honey-sweet oriental!
There should be honey in it as the original has ....yes,definitely sweet but the original is more floral ,here the woods and spices meet the sweetness of honey without any intense florals mixed with exception of jasmine ...
deep,sensual mystical,it is so close to shiseido's original feminite du bois..

cinsot

Sensuous Noir is a rather tricky wear for me due to the mischievous pine note. There are moments of intense displeasure during the changeable evolution.

For the most part Sensuous Noir meets my need for that lovely balance between weighty traditional floral and something a little more risque/spicy/racy.

katrosado
katrosado

I'm going to go buy a bottle of this within the next few days. I've worn a tester now several times. After the dry down this is the closest I've come to Fendi by Fendi which was one of my all time favorite fragrances and that I wore for decades.

I really love the woods with patchouli, jasmine and rose always knocks my socks off. Love it with a passion. This is deep inky smokey and delicious. Sharp and sweet at the same time. If you're like me and old enough to have adored the now disc. Fendi by Fendi and are wanting something that is fairly close but not the same try a tester of this and see how it does with your chemistry. I love this for itself though.

candymarie
candymarie

Sensuous Noir's name fits it well, though it could also be named Crave or Addictive. It's lacking nothing and very satisfying. For me, every note is in perfect proportion. Sweet, woody, spicy perfection.

cocobella
cocobella

when i first sniffed it, there was only one thought in my mind: must have!!!
it is such a great perfume. it is warm and strong and i am addicted to it. it is the perfect winter fragrance. i think it is a very confident fragrance. definitely a keeper!!!!

iMaverick
iMaverick

I bought this blind based on the reviews here on Fragrantica. I really like it, especially its opening notes, which seem dry and spicy with florals lurking to burst forth. The heart is laden with rose and patchouli. It is not as creamy as you would expect, like the original, which smells like a Worther's caramel candy paired with floral. Noticeable, but I don't think it smells stronger than the original. Noir keeps its sweeter facets in check and concentrates on the sensual woody notes and patchouli. The drydown was a surprise. It was rather faint, but it really reminds me of the woody base in Diptyque 34 Saint-Germain. Faint, but absolutely wonderful when you inhale its whispery trail with your nose to your wrist. The scent is alluring, you don't really get sick of it--not like the original which is good, but after a while, you get a bit tired of its sweetness doused over the amber.

;-)
;-)

My kind of perfume, got belle d'opium and euphoria so I think I'd better get Addict than this but it the others run out I would pick this really lovely fragrance.

greydove
greydove

I finally got it! I had liked the original Sensuous but found it too musky. This one is quite nice. First I detect dark ripe fruit something like blackberries or ripe plums with a nice sandalwood contralto vibrating underneath. It didn't project too much on my skin, until I got really hot. Strangely enough it appears to be a summer fragrance.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a really nice woody fragrance. It is somewhat creamy and the jasmine is very lovely, but I find this very strong. Apply with a light hand. I find the opening a bit too perfumey but the base is wonderful, a haunting vanilla and benzoin. Definitely a night frangrance.
Edit: This lasted a solid 10 hours on my skin, and remained smelling gorgeous, an extremely yummy sharp but creamy woody base. Very nice indeed.

This one has a lot in common with my signature XS Extreme Girl!
Love it, but since i have enough of my signature already, i will pass on this one.

stephan
stephan

This is great stuff, you really should give it a try. I think it is suited for both gender. Very good longevity & sillage. To my nose, it is similar but better than Black Orchid, because no rotten fruits in Sensuous Noir. Bravo Estée Lauder!

Crafter
Crafter

I love the smell of pepper and patchouli in this perfume. It is very strong, bold and brilliant. It makes you go out with confidence with a statement that says, I am woman, hear me roar!!

cloyd42
cloyd42

This is the epitome of EL's "everyday luxury". This is elegant, smoldering, mercurial and restrained all at once. As always with EL, the florals are beautifully done with obvious quality ingredients, but it's the wood-benzoin combination that amazes me. It's so rich and persistent and the combination seems to throw off whiffs of real sandalwood. Everything about this juice is head and shoulders better than the original Sensuous.

This is also an oddity because it's a sexy oriental that you can wear to work if it's applied with a light hand. The sillage is quite intimate and the spices are as noticeable as the muskiness. Even if you don't especially like orientals you may want to spray yourself at the counter just to marvel at how many notes are stuffed into that small bottle. If you're looking for an updated Opium this may be your scent.

Sillage: 1-2 feet, tight
Durability: 7 hours and counting
Fabulosity: the Taj Mahal
Price to value ratio: very good

karmas
karmas

I am IN LOVE!!!! I think I have even found my signature scent! I cannot stop smelling myself, this is so sexy and elegant, it is pure sex in a bottle! I feel like i can conquer the world smelling like this, its so complex but soft at the same time. It has just the right amount of everything, it actually reminds me a lot of hypnotic poison but for some reason i like this one a whole lot more. I cannot say enough good stuff about this perfume it has enchanted me like no other!

Kate33
Kate33

Beautiful, sexy scent, but smells the same I'm YSL Opium D'Belle.

So unique--seems like a really expensive niche. The pine is prominent, and it's unusual for pine to be paired with sweet notes of honey and vanilla. I keep picturing a pine tree with gooey sap dripping down its trunk and a smokey chimney in the distance. I don't own any Estee Lauder perfumes, but I definitely want to get my hands on this one. It would make a great perfume for evening or the winter season.

I seriously can't stop thinking about it. I am such a sucker for a good woodsy perfume, and this may be the best one I've ever smelled.

aelias
aelias

Wow - woodsy/spice note lovers will rejoice with this one! You will either love Sensuous Noir, or hate it..it has many of the hallmark characteristics of Angel and Alien that place those perfumes in the same category. Also, there is some faint resemblance to both Hypnotic and Midnight Poison. I never wear Estee Lauder scents, but this one is really special.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

I've tried this a couple times and I can honestly now say that it is in my "Dislike" category. I rarely ever truly dislike a fragrance.

It's a sillage monster, for sure. It is an Oriental woody with woods, spices, rose, jasmine. I usually love those notes. But there is a "pissy" quality to the woodiness in it that really turns me off.

Thumbs down for this one.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Bought this perfume yesterday and I really like it. It is warm, longlasting and feminine, although I'll probably wear it nighttime. For me it is somewhat strong to use during daytime, unless I'm dressed up.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I had both this and the original Sensuous on my skin at the same time to compare. This one is very nice, I actually like it a lot, definitely darker than the origian with a hint of plum. The original is creamier and a bit softer. This is drier and sweeter in the base with the vanilla note coming through.

I have the original and I want to buy this one too. Both have very good staying power but I find Sensuous Noir lasts just a bit longer.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This smells very woodsy, earthy, yet sexy at the same time. Imagine a hippie woman who turns vixen at night. That's what this smells like to me.

On me, the top notes faded pretty fast and went straight to the patchouli and woodsy notes. It's a deep, rich smell that smells like incense. The vanilla and lily balance it out to make it smell sweeter and more feminine.

This is a different type of perfume for me but I like it a lot. :)

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Sweet, spicy, floral and woody - but never cloying or offensive.
At first the spices and a slight pine note show, making me curious for what more is to come.
In the further drydown Sensuous Noir softens and lingers mildly on the skin, close to the skin. Then spicy woods appear.
Light to medium sillage and hence perfect for women who do not want the "Opium effect". If you want it nevertheless, just spritz on more but this beautiful scent does not need such attention-seeking.
So far I have loved all Estee Lauder orientals, this one is no exception. The bottle is beautiful, too.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

on my shoppingtour yesterday i had some good sprays on my inner ellbows of this.

it opens very spicy peppery with a fully bloomed lovely sweet rose and hints of powdery jasmin. beautiful opening for a dark and sensual scent.
pine in the heart note gives it this extra-touch of deep woody darkness, beautiful lily the flowery touch of true feminity, patchouli that dirty kick of a mysterious seductress.

this scent is very edgy but all notes are very good balanced and it becomes softer and rounder with a balmy accord on the vanillic-amber drydown.

indeed a very intriguing composition, reminds me a lot of the edgy spiciness and the mysterious darkness from lovely Nikita by Slava Zaitsev, but this one it disapears very quick to a faint close to skin, ordinary vanillic amber-patchouli scent, without any outstanding quality, what is such a shame, while Nikita stays intriguing, spicy and edgy.

the rounder and less woody version of this would be C`est la Fete Patchouli Christian Lacroix which one i love very mutch too.

staying power average, sillage while it lasts, good.

i'm reading here for some it lasts forever and for some it doesn't!

guess i will give this someday another try, when my nose is not overhelmed of other fumes on paper and wrists and everywhere hahaha

bottle is very nice though.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I sprayed this on one time at Macy's at the Estee Lauder counter and knew it needed to be in my arsenal. I LOVE this perfume. It smells divine and last forever. I don't really think I would wear this in the summer but for fall & winter this is a must have! Super sexy and sensual with a spice to it...fantastic!

Galya
Galya

E strano che nessuno non ha sentito assoluta assomiglianza con legendarea "Fwmminite de bois"....

623debbie
623debbie

Love this spicy, sexy scent. Just wish it lasted longer! Started out strong (in a good way), but within 2 hours it had completely vanished. Bottle is pretty too!

rednut
rednut

I do love this - amber, incense and jasmine - all favourite ingredients of mine. If I wear it on a night out I have to take it with me as it only seems to last about 2 hours on me. Worth it though, its such a sexy scent

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

I picked this one up at the sales counter and fell in love with it. There's somthing sensual, yet spicy. On the down side, it does not work well with my chemistry. A co-worker told me I smelled like a man wearing it. Funny how perfume will work for one, but not another. Wish this one would work for me...

srimati
srimati

I was actually looking for the Youth Dew Amber Bare when I stepped up to the Estee counter at Macy's today and found out it was a special edition that is no longer around and so the sales girl asked me if I wanted to try something new. Well, sure, and she gave me a test strip of this one. I liked it right away since I'm usually fond of the oriental, spicy/woody notes, this one reminded me of incense. It got a little drier with time and it's quite a bit more masculine than what I usually wear but I like to layer my perfumes if need be and that may be the case with this one though it's quite nice on its own.

mymlan
mymlan

As mentioned before Sensuous Noir is very similar to Dior Midnight Poison. It's a dark and classy rose, patchouli, musk and vanilla fragrance. A bit spicier than MP perhaps but just as beautiful.

I just wish it happened more and that it had a top, heart and base. Instead I find it a bit linear, slowly fading away from my wrist. Nice, even beautiful, but linear.

delphine67
delphine67

Ive tested this on saturday. And on the card I liked it but on my skin it had to much patchouli for my taste. The dry down smellt to me like a arabian souk with al these spices you can smell there. This one is not for me

Amethyste
Amethyste

It's warm, spicy, sweet, woody and fine. Similar to Delicious Night.

What a nice surprise! I'm not usually a fan of Estee Lauder scents, but this one is very interesting and attractive.
It is definetely the dark version of Sensuous and has something in common with old Organza Indecence.
Perfect dark and warm scent for winter with almost no typical opening notes i.e. citrus or fruits, so it lacks some airy, luminous points, but it is probably meant to be so.
The jasmine and rose are invisible ghosts here for my nose. No clear smelling of them and not even lily.
It is a little masculin in the drydown with strong yet creamy woods.
On my skin I smell a lot of cinnamon (?) probably coming from the spices and thangs god no pepper all mixed with a pleasant pine note made feminine! A creamy pine if it makes sense!
Benzoin and a soft (much softer than Midnight Poison) patchouli makes this scent dark, mysterious and oriental.
Not an heavy one anyway! It's a modern rendition of a dark winter oriental fragrance. Good lasting power, sillage is average not in your face. The bottle is not ugly but too modern essential for my tastes.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I wasn't a fan of the original Sensuous, but they got the mix right with this one. There is a great difference between the two. Sensuous was far too dry on my skin, and faded in no time. My skin didn't find anything appealing in that one. I think you know you have a winner when it just melts into you, and your skin makes the perfume even more delicious. I didn't think Estee Lauder would release a flanker scent so soon after the launch of Sensuous, but I'm glad for it. I was looking for something like a mix of several perfumes rolled into one. It had to be rich, have depth, be a little earthy, warm, and inviting. They've rounded this off with florals and honey. Pine and lily reminds me of Donna Karan Gold, but this smells nothing like that one. I've heard that it's a spicy pachouli, and I've heard that it's too strong for some. I don't like a weak perfume, but I don't buy harshly strong scents either. I think this has a perfect balance. It kind of smells like a masculine perfume in the dry down. Which is what makes it sexy and warm... it's a feminine scent, but there is that other side to it that attracts women. I think it's because we are smelling something subtle like men's cologne on skin. I bought a 1 ounce bottle, but now I wish I had gotten a bigger bottle in case they decide to discontinue it!

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

this is my new h.g. for winter fragrance. I blind bought it today on a whim and am now in love with it.
Just the right sort of creamy woods for me.
definitely a win for me.

krishka
krishka

on me it lasted 4 hrs, smoky but a bit cold...more like unisex...reading the nice reviews here would make me try it again...i like the original one, it is warmer....

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Ms Noir is a flanker worthy of the Sensuous name! I can smell the same unique base sitting in Noir but the resins seem to mitigate the action of the lactones on my skin (so no onions!).

The drydown is pure incense and warm creamy wood. Sexy and empowering; warm and enticing.

I last sampled this on a particulary warm, sunny day and I must report that it did not hold up well at all. It felt dense, heavy and sticky like molasses. But as soon as I went into the air-conditioned supermarket, it dried out and bloomed with sensual woody intensity. The same thing occured again at dusk.

The sillage and longevity (8+hours) are legendary. A collegue came to find out what I was wearing and was so impressed that she gave me a mini of the original Sensuous the very next day!

I am not entirely convinced that this perfume is 'me', however I really want to love this perfume and besides Noir would make an ideal cool-weather date night perfume.

Timka81
Timka81

I prefer this one. It is so much nicer and sexier than Sensuous. And its lasting power is excellent, too.

samsara1977
samsara1977

I've sprayed this on for test at 3 pm. It's 9.30 pm and I can still smell it very good on my skin. Everythime I test it, I get reminded of another perfume. I couldn't tell right away which one, took me a couple of hours. Then I knew: 8e jour from Yves Rocher! Although a bit warmer, more sensual. Definitly a unisex fragrance, I smelled lots of my dad's perfume in it. Very warm, so different from all the other Estée Lauder scents. Perfect for winter with an incredible lasting power!

aimeeo
aimeeo

This is one of those scents that just keeps drawing you in for another sniff. I walked around for an hour after trying it on in the store. I couldn't leave with out buying a bottle.

Warm and woodsy with mysterious incense.

Great staying power with out being overwhelming.

I love it!

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is the only Estee lauder that smells amazing on me!! I am really impressed, at first spray I feel like I am in a deep pine forest , where I grew up in Canada, cool and crisp as the air,then it warms up a bit and gets smokey and I smell a clean rich incense and it smells sultry and sexy and noir!! Like the name, perfect evening scent on a date at a restaurant with a fireplace sipping a deep rich red wine and keeping warm from the freezing winter weather. This perfume fits with this.....

Annica
Annica

Sensual, Enigmatic, Noticeable,Sexy, Unforgettable, OMG, Uplifting, Stunning, Night, OMG 2, Impressive, Romantic

I have Sensuos on my wishlist but this one I want even more. Wow!

I am gradually becoming obsessed with this fragrance. It is the first time I've found myself fond of a new release in a relatively long time.

Sensuous Noir is as the name implies; sensual and dark. It has such a beautiful aura, being smooth, slightly smokey and quite earthy.

I love patchouli in my fragrances, however for some, Sensuous Noir could be your worst nightmare. The earthy patchouli is quite dominant along with the pepper, spices, woods, pine and vanilla.

I am struck by how unique this fragrance is, I never would have expected it to be this amazing. Towards the drydown this fragrance becomes quite 'incensey', resembling the scent of those small stores which sell everything from tie-dye dresses, dragon pendants, witchcraft books and exotic incense.

I like the somewhat gothic undertones in this fragrance, although I am everything opposite to being a goth. Dark, smokey fragrances, like Sensuous Noir intrigue me and make me feel incredibly sexy, yet approachable.

Sensuous Noir's lasting power is fairly good, as is the sillage while not overpowering, can certainly be noticed. It's a pity that my country is now going into Summer. I would have loved to wear this in the chilly Winter weather we have here.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is very nice stuff and I much prefer it to the first Sensuous, who's honey note I couldn't get over. This actually smells very 'Dior' and would fit nicely with their Poison collection. This is how midnight poison should have smelled done right. Lovely, sweet yet dry amber-pepper with a slight (pine) resinous quality which positively blended with the scent of the Autumn leaves on the ground as I walked home wearing this. It ends on a very nice Incense note and as I don't see it as an ingredient I'll take it that the other notes are giving my nose that impression. I would be very happy to receive this for Christmas or give it as I think this would also smell sexy on my husband!- Estee Lauder are fast becoming my perfumer of choice, I must admit.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I was afraid of it... I mean, I hated regular Sensous... And this from bottle was a beet similar! Well... what to say? I still can smell THAT note here [nothing icky just amber put weirdly], but the difference this time is that it has another, more fitting environment. It actually reminds me of new Belle d'Opium. It has something smoky, spicy,that-tobacco-thing-I-forgot-what-it-was-called note. Similar. This seems more intense. So I will have hard time to figure out which one is the One. It is so piney, spicy, smoky that I almost can't separate the flowers there. It' the best of Sensuous line. Definitely.

guest_prinsess
guest_prinsess

i relly like this its very god spice for winter

merilu59
merilu59

profumo perfetto per autunno per chi è amante boscoso-orientale

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A sweet and spicy woody oriental, bordering on unisex scent. The heavier notes (patchouli, guaiac wood, benzoin, and amber) are what have me hooked. The rose and lily adds contrast and intrigue, but the herbal effect that NathalieZ mentioned is what reeled me in!

I find this scent so unusual. Dark and light, sweet and spicy, masculine and feminine. It's wonderfully captivating! The perfect autumn scent for a woody-oriental lover like myself.

marinadina
marinadina

on my skin its almosEt like the first sensious, only maybe little deeper,, in a nice way. As the first one did, so this one too, opened freshed and settled into this wonderfull creamy dry downn wich still smells a lot, after four hours. Lovely, but i still have half a bottle of the Sensuous, dont need to buy this, as not a lot different!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Smells very nice but to maculine,i felt i smelled like a man when i wore it..Very good lastingpower too

Annah7
Annah7

There isn't much difference between the original Sensuous and this one, therefore I resisted buying it.
I think I need to test it a few more times to give a more elaborate review.

mahanta
mahanta

Just a quick notice - those who are looking for oh-so-hard-to-get NU edp by YSL, should try this one - I find many similarities, and incense in it is just perfect!

Nuusutaja
Nuusutaja

I can't tell any difference between Sensuous Noir, Ricci Ricci and Ode a l'amour by Yves Rocher. Very similar rich berry scents.

danimcneil
danimcneil

Holy delicious! Sensuous noir is what I wanted sensuous to be. SN is bolder and more full bodied. The benzoin makes this base so yummy and warm. I really dislike patchouli, but can't smell it here. Am I loosing my sense to smell it? No I think its just blended so well in SN. I would love to get a bottle for really cold nights. So much spice my lips almost tingle, so much warmth it makes me smile, and so much staying power SN powered through 8 hours AND a shower! I can't wait to get it!

Lottis
Lottis

It is very woodsy. To me a bit too strong at the beginning with all Patchouli.
But S-Noir becomes a pleasant, warm and wonderful oriental-wood after an hour or two.

It reminds me of my woodwork with intarsia work back in school.

hollycat
hollycat

Imagine the original Sensuous but add a big dose of patchouli and some spice, and a bit of a smoky note I detect, and you have Sensuous Noir.

I do enjoy patchouli in some fragrances but I feel its overused here imo. Its not bad, but its not great. At least not for me.

karlee79
karlee79

This is warm and fuzzy all the way! I adore this new fragrance. I tested it today in Sears, and I sure am glad that I did. This is deep woods and spice, but it is also very strict and clean witch gives it a sexy edge. I normally despise patchuoli in a fragrance because it's alway overused somehow. But this has just the right amount, and it's just simply beautiful. I'm going to purchase this when I can.

jonr951
jonr951

Love at first whiff! Maybe even better than the original! I adore it! The spices and the pepper and the woods and the patchouli! They all mix beautifully with the sweetness of the rose, vanilla, honey and benzoin! It's very similar to the original but with a little something extra. My friend APassionateJourney is right on about the black licorice! It's wonderful and I am so glad I added it to my collection. The bottle is a stunner too! : )

melissa
melissa

I tried this out a few days ago, it is very warm and the patchouli note stands out. I didn't care much for it, but I think it would be good to wear at night. I prefer the original Sensuous more.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Smelled this yesterday at Macy's. It smelled like a very sweet black licorice but I couldn't really test it. I'll try it again another time.

sky76sky
sky76sky

The SA aimed at my upper arm & half missed it with her cursory spritz...she must've wanted a laugh to see me leaning in trying to get a whiff of this new scent.

First impression: gothic gourmand rose. The purpley-red kind you see dripping scented blood onto plush velvet in darkly lit photos in the local goth-shop. The shady little low-sugar sister to YR rose absolue.

Then the patchouli gets a grip - & I love a good bit of earthy patchouli to dirty up a frag. Patch-rose-jasmine with a dark edge, kind of nice...& then my neck cricks from all the bending to sniff & I forget about SN & start looking at shoes....until...who is wearing that wonderful scent? Where is it coming from?

Creamy, incensey woods (REAL woods: green pine woods, dry woods, hot woods, polished woods), not too sweet but dripping with dark amber honey. There is a definite nod to the original here (of which I'm a fan) but now it's a little more seductive & spicy.

As the florals fade I am aware that there is a touch of the sauna to this scent...& I like it. Dry, warm, scorched & creamy. Mmm, hot, honeyed, satiny woods & rich vanilla-incense.

This one deserves a better road-test & a better review, but right now I'm loving it.

Kama
Kama

Few days ago I had opportunity to try lots of new perfumes while shopping in Belfast...
I was very excited to see a bottle of this one...
I sprayed it on my skin..and strong rose/patchuli note was the 1st thing I could smell... it reminded me of Midnight Poison! In fact I didn't like this Midnight Poison opening... as it was nothing new to me... After several minutes it started to settle with honey and spice just like first Sensuous, but a bit stronger fume...

It is nice perfume but I love Sensuous....

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Got a test spray of this from Boots in Kew today. The SA was young and a temp I think - when I asked if there was a tester for it she said 'No, but you can smell it from this bottle' and squirted some onto a purple ribbon which she then attached to my wrist. Cute, but not my favourite way to try a new perfume. Hard to separate the notes but it seems ok - woody, vanilla and certainly some patchouli making it a soft incensy fragrance. Initially it reminded me of something very strongly - but I'm damned if I can recall what it is....Oddly the staying power seems disappointing on fabric, maybe it's the ribbon. Nice colour. Must try again and see if I can get it onto my skin!

Sensuous Noir by Estée Lauder 4.03 out of 5 based on 992 ratings and 195 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sensuous Noir by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sensuous Noir by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.