Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 588 I had it: 167 I want it: 616 My signature: 18

coconut
tropical
Sensuous Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures Sensuous Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures Sensuous Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures Sensuous Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures Sensuous Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures Sensuous Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Sensuous Nude is a new version of the original perfume Sensuous from 2008. The new fragrance continues tradition of feminine and tame compositions leaving a cuddling and honey-sweet trail on woman's skin. Composition of the new editions opens with a luminous citrusy blend of Sicilian bergamot and mandarin spiced with bitterish and insolent trace of black and pink pepper. After the spicy citrusy-bitter start, the composition develops with floral nuances composed of jasmine petals and lily of the valley, refreshed with gentle exotic aromas of coconut water and sweetened honey drops and sensual musk veil. A base leaves a warm trail combined of sandalwood, vanilla, amber, heliotrope and woody notes. (Melted Wood Nature Print)

Flacon of Sensuous Nude has the same shape as its antecedent. It is colored in powdery pink, announcing sensuality of the composition. The fragrance can be obtained in three sizes: 30, 50 and 100ml EDP, along with an accompanying assortment: Sensuous Nude Body Veil – rich body cream 200ml, and Sensuous Nude Touch On Fragrance – light silky serum 10ml.

Advertising campaign was designed and executed by photographer Craig McDean, and advertising face is Brazilian model Isabeli Fontana, who posed on Californian beaches for this campaign. The fragrance arrives on the market in August 2011.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Pepper Pink Pepper

Musk Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Coconut white honey

Amber Vanille Woodsy Notes Heliotrope Sandalwood Musk

Cashmere Mist Liquid Nude

Sensuous Nude Fragrance Reviews

Kat_French
Kat_French

I really love this for the first half hour and after that it's just powdery. But the first spray is so goooooood! Soft, creamy, coconut vanilla. Wish it lasted longer!

Andorsia
Andorsia

This is really a comforting scent. So gentle it's fragile. It starts out with a baby powder type feel with soft, almost indetectable flower accents. It dries down to be really close to the skin and so soft it was like I could almost touch the softness. Extraordinary.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

I had this perfume on earlier today at a frozen yogurt shop and a little boy who was probably 5 or 6 came up and told me, "You smell so goooood." I had been wearing it at least 4 hours and could barely smell it on myself anymore. His dad blushed and hurried his son away. I wonder if he thought the same thing. Dad was kind of cute.

blue_belle
blue_belle

This is one case where I really like a perfume--maybe even verging on love--but I just wouldn't buy it because of the projection. The vanilla, coconut, honey, and sandalwood are a wonderful mix that blend with my chemistry perfectly but it was so soft I was reminded of lotion more than perfume. There's almost no sillage to this at all. It is a great smell, and reminds me of a warm afternoon on a beach somewhere, but I like my perfumes with at least a little more oomph than this.

Nil3
Nil3

One of the few perfumes that you can wear all year long.

A beauty! The jasmine,amber and honey give it a sexy warm vibe. Thats when the heliotrope and bergamot gently walk in only to be part of the warmer days of the year. The coconut is the party crasher of course! Like in the movie 'The wedding crashers' you can only smile at the coconut. A star so diffcult to resist. Nothing vulgar or harsh.

And the pepper notes? Dont get me started on the pepper notes. Wherever you see pepper notes you see Glory!

I feel charming.......:)

LadyMaverick
LadyMaverick

It is a wonderful scent. It is fluffy, soft, silky, waxy. Coconut works very well with woody notes. It is almost like smelling a new box of proper, old style, wooden colour pencils. Where you can smell not only the wood but the different scents of colours as well. It is a very comforting scent

For me this perfume works better in summer. Heat makes coconut stand out.

ladenu
ladenu

This is such a soft parfume. To me it smells like coconut and vanilla :)

diamondkite
diamondkite

Being a fan of softer skinscent fragrances, I find this really nice. It has all the notes I love and the blend is subtle and classy.The coconut/ sandalwood is especially pleasant and this EDP is creamy and has a touch of the woodiness that just starting to get into. Wears for around 6 hours on me, drying down to a soft sweet sandalwood. I really want Sensuous now too!

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

I have both the EDT and EDP. Both are very similar. Same scent really just a different concentration. I find the EDP still doesn't last that long though. It's a nice beachy scent, very light and great in the summer or when it's warmer out. Very much a skin scent.

bridgette
bridgette

Nice. Smells like the beach and vanilla. Love it. Great beachy skin smell. It smells great start to finish.

SuperPookie
SuperPookie

I personally couldn't smell coconut or anything tropical at all.To me the most predominant note was powder followed by a sweet dessert scent. On me it had faded in a bit over an hour. Basically this is inoffensive but boring .I didn't really hate it even though I'm not a fan of sweet smells (in perfume lol) but I wouldn't wear it.

jessbug
jessbug

Wow, today this went from a LIKE to a LOVE for me!

In colder weather Sensuous Nude is a rather aloof scent on me. The main player is this nondescript woodsy note; I interpret it as a mix of 'blond woods'. Slightly powdery, with a very soft hint of coconut in the background. It was nice, but it felt like it was lacking personality. I didn't reach for it very often.

Today it's 27 degrees Celsius outside, and I decided to try Sensuous Nude again. WOW! The woodsy notes now take a background role and this lovely, musky (but not dusty!) coconut is the star. I finally recognize a bit of the original Sensuous in here now too, although Sensuous Nude is still by far the most different of the three Sensuous perfumes.

Although this is a coconut perfume, I don't think it's very gourmand at all. Neither is it cheap smelling. It's a perfume-y and complex coconut scent that would smell perfect on gleaming bronze skin. Unfortunately for me, I'm super pale and pasty, haha. But I'm still going to wear Sensuous Nude whenever the weather heats up, so I can enjoy this classy coconut dream :D

Sillage is quite moderate on me, and longevity is about 4-5 hours.

Musky4
Musky4

Unfortunately Sensuous Nude isn't sweet, creamy, coconutty or exotic on me at all. All I get is a very boring, powdery, musky floral. For a beachy summer scent, I'd choose Bronze Goddess over this. Very disappointing and easily forgettable.

rococozephyr
rococozephyr

This is all sweet, creamy coconut and musk to me. I don't usually like the scent of coconut, something about it often feels terribly trite to me, but in Sensuous Nude it's just lovely. It gives the fragrance a light, beachy vibe, while the musk warms it up and keeps it out of sunblock and pina colada territory. Though I'm not sure I love it, I have to say it's a perfect warm skin scent for summer, smooth and warm like sun-baked limbs, without being stifling.

It's quite soft and close-wearing, so it's a good scent for days when you want people to notice that you smell good without really noticing that you're wearing perfume. Although not what I'd describe as an overtly sexy scent, its easy warmth makes it a good match for casually sexy looks; sultry in the way that lip stains and sloppy buns are, Sensuous Nude would be perfect to wear when you just want to let your bikini do all the talking.

Holli
Holli

I found this weirdly suffocating and heavy for a fume with the word "nude" included. And, that's coming from someone who enjoys quite a few heavy frags even in the Florida heat! I think I may even have scrubbed. Usually, I'm too lazy and curious to bother doing that!

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i had read a review that said this was the best recent estee lauder scent(s) (the whole sensuous collection) so i got a sample pack of all three!

this smells like a citrusy coconut scent to me with maybe a soft feminine musk added. in all honesty i realized it smells like a softer version of BBW's coconut lime verbena or a fizzy beachy drink. i let it fade for about 10-20 minutes and it still smells like coconut lime verbena on me, but perhaps with a softer lime. a very nice summer scent, definitely, though i will probably give this to my mom because she loves CLV!

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

My favorite from the whole variety of Sensuous perfumes. Im more drawn to beach-like, warm scents. This is softer than the others. It opens up with pink pepper and citrus bergamot notes. Then comes the woody musk with a tinge of coconut at the end. The sharp citrus ends and it becomes so smooth, warm, and soft from then and lingers a long time on my skin. Then you really start smelling warm woods, flowers, and powdery notes as well and still coconuts lingering in the back.

I like to think of this perfume as "a memory of the beach" This to me, IS a beach/summer perfume, but not in your face coconut screaming, tiare flowers flowing around and obnoxious sunscreen. This perfume is as if you can see the coast or beach, but its far away. Sensuous Nude is just a touch of the beach, a memory... Another way This perfume is like to me is leaving the beach or a warm vacation. Its time to go back now, and you get the last glimpse of the beach before its time to go, we say goodbye. Kind of sad, but beautiful.

One of my favorite perfumes to wear summer time and anytime.

benpaul12
benpaul12

To me this is far more sensuous than the original Sensuous. The sandalwood, coconut, musk and vanilla create a beautiful creamy mix that blends amazingly with some soapy florals.

I tend to notice a lipstick note which creates a very feminine and close perfume which I am lucky to be around when my girlfriend wears it!

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

A really nice, creamy and musky coconut scent that is easy to wear. It feels very comforting to me! I can imagine wearing it in summer while watching the sun go down... It has enough spice to make it interesting.

I don't think it is similar to the original Sensuous, it's more about creamy coconut and that tropical, easy-going feeling. I really like it! :)

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

The topnotes are fantastic, just fantastic. Coconuts and vanilla...

But in the middle and end, a disgusting mix of farty jasmine and saliva (!) ruins the party.

I think the saliva note is the pepper?

Beccaru
Beccaru

Lovely summer evening scent that takes you from evening to night and fills the air with a delicate coconuty creme vanilla. Lovely. Perfect for those that don't necessarily want to smell like sugary flowers and tropical cherries this summer.

ellina1984
ellina1984

I see no florals at the top of the olfactory pyramid, and yet that's what I smell right after spraying. Clean, fresh, inoffensive white flowers (thank God no jasmine!). Then the middle layer comes, and it's choke-full of coconut. A creamy, dreamy, light, elegant, non-suntan-lotion coconut, so wonderfully done. It evokes images of holidays and relaxation, without ever becoming a strictly-holiday scent (like bronze goddess would be for me). The drydown is musky with vanilla. Very wearable, very clean.

JaiTee
JaiTee

I wish Sensuous Nude would last longer on me because it truly is a sensuous fragrance. When I smell it, I want to abandon everything and just lie on a warm beach somewhere.

It's a delicious creamy coconut, with a touch of sandalwood. I am reminded of sunscreen, summer vacations, Hawaii.

Sillage is very close to skin, and it only persists for maybe a couple hours on me, which makes it comparable to a Bath and Body Works scent that I already own (Coconut Lime Verbena).

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This is a warm woody scent. It's quite nice to wear a non fruity, non floral fragrance for a change! I get some coconut later on but it's far more subtle than Bronze Goddess. At the moment I keep a small bottle on my hall table and have a spritz whenever I'm passing!

Centsless
Centsless

A very nice and inoffensive yet slightly sexy skin scent. I was hoping for a touch more coconut, but I realized the coconut was what makes the sandalwood so creamy and it is just presented in a different way than I am used to. Very nice for days when I can't wear a stronger scent. I'm sure I will use up my mini this summer!

becuille
becuille

On me, this smells like soap for about 10 minutes, then coconut for about half an hour, then it completely disappears.

That's it, that's all I get. The coconut is nice enough and it's an inoffensive smell, but it just disappears fast.

I actually got a full size bottle of this without trying it first because there was an offer for an Estee Lauder beauty case packed with goodies with any purchase of their perfume. I don't regret it because the beauty case is fantastic and even with buying the perfume, I still saved a fortune on all its contents. But the perfume itself is one I all but ignore now.

I wore it on a night out and it was gone by the time I got out of the taxi. I topped up, gone, topped up again, gone again.

Soap, coconut then nothing. I'm afraid that's it for me.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

A lovely everyday scent. Reminds me of Bronze Goddess but woodier. Only slightly sweet. The only downfall I see to this well-blended, versatile perfume is the sandalwood, musk and pepper. They're not really overpowering; the mix is a rich, sultry coconut.

I see this as the spicy warm alternative to Victoria Secret's Heavenly, another great everyday skin scent. I'm on the edge of love with this one.

darksome
darksome

This is very nice! Give this a try until it setlles down! On the drydown it's an incredibly creamy sandalwood due the coconut. Some say Sensuous Nude remind them on Versace's Crystal Noir.
I would disagree - the only thing they share is the coconut, but in Nude it's even sweeter, creamier. Nude lacks the floral (gardenia) notes and strong pepper that Crystal Noir contains. Crystal Noir smells to me very cold, whereas Nude smells warmer.

Overall I think both fragrances are a good choice for all girls that love something less floral/fruity and more woody and complex. I personally hate the pure scent of coconut, but really love it in fragrances like this, mixed with some wood/spices.

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

When I smell coconut i think of cooking oil, body oil, coconut water and oil for my hair... Those are all good things but as a perfume..no way !!!! Thank god for the samples !!!

lafefe
lafefe

So basically Estée Lauder stopped the limited production of Bali Dream and started a new production with Sensuous Nude, and no one told me??!? The similarities on my skin with my beloved Bali Dream are stunning!
They both give a genuine, delicate, tropical feeling, they both are gentle florals with just a bit of spices. Sensuous Nude is mainly all about the coconut and the sandalwood from the first sniff, but then the floral heart is the same (jasmine and lily of the valley), the touch of pepper gives the same vibe, the vanillic sweetness is the same beauty to die for, oh I'm so glad I've discovered this jem!! Thank you Estée Lauder for introducing a new sister of my, now impossible to find, Bali Dream.

aristouka
aristouka

it starts with no wow factor! but at the middle and the drydown smells so pleasant and sexy! it feels nude but in the sexy way! the coconut is such a great combination with the rest-sandalwood,orange,amber etc. A great purchase for summer!thumbs up!!!!

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Reader,

I lament to say wow..im sad.

Yeah I can tell the crew of Estee Lauder need their wits and they're not doing a good job to the name of Lauder .

I've gotten used to Madame Lauder exquisite fine floral and spicy fragrances that are just gorgeous beyond words. This sensuous nude fragrance, I would never thought it was a "Estee Lauder" fragrance, it's aroma is very common , not very unique in compare to all the cookie cutter fragrances going on these days, its so.. florally boring .

This makes me..sad..i never thought I would ever utter such words and write a bad review about Lauder's fragrance, I personally don't think this is ground breaking or anything unique, its too boring and common for being a Lauder fragrance.

But then gain Madame Lauder has passed away and she cant supervised from beyond the grave sadly , but the new crew that took over worries me as a fan and consumer of Lauder's products, I'll take my money else where if they keep conjuring these dull and insipid new fragrances by her new crew.

I'll stick to the classic fragrances of Madame Lauder that I adored and fell in love with and hope she visits the crew from beyond the grave to set them straight .

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

I love this fragrance so much and I had no idea I would even like it. It's got a different feel to it than most deep fragrances from the brand. It's very tropical but its sensual at the same time. It's one of those unique fragrances that I have not smelled before.

It comes off on me in coconut, vanilla, sandalwood, gardenia, and a slight bergamont scent. I smell a tinge of honey. It's so nice and does give me the impression of something beachy but not. Like a subtle sexy beach, a nude beach! HA! Anyway, I love this fragrance and like it more than the original.

Top notes: Bergamont, mandarin orange, pepper, and pink pepper.
Middle Notes: Musk, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Coconut, and White honey
Base Notes: Amber, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Blonde Woods, and Heliotrope.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

For me, the name of this perfume pretty much summed up my experience. After allowing a minute to settle on my skin after the first spritz, I did enjoy the delightful, rather carnal spicy-sweet floral of this scent.

But, no more than 15 min later did my skin decide to cast it out and left me smelling well, like my own skin. I asked my darling what he thought of it (since I felt "maybe" my nose had just become accustomed to the fragrance) and he said it smelled "Just...clean...like you took a shower in the morning...nothing really different." So, that pretty much confirmed my initial thoughts.

Sillage: Non-existent after 15 min. Which strikes me as odd considering its EDP.
Scent itself: Pleasant, but nothing to write home about.

thatsperf
thatsperf

I bought this perfume yesterday using my Boots voucher. Been wanting it since last Christmas as I was gifted the Estee Lauder minis set.
You can wear this perfume anytime as it is not 'in your face' but still pleasant and sensual. I can definitely smell the bergamot (on the very top and dissipates quickly), coconut, pink pepper, honey, woods (very soft) and sandalwood.
Alas, the longevity is short (lasts 2 hours on my skin but longer on clothes) so I have to spray the perfume a couple of times in a day to freshen up. Not too keen on the drydown...it smelled like body odour after you've woken up in the morning (Vivienne Westwood 'Boudoir'-ish but not too 'ripe') but I find this not a bother as quick fresh sprays can get rid of the body odour smell. I guess this really encaptures the scent of a nude woman, as close to being natural as she gets. I can accept that.

mjdancer83
mjdancer83

This perfume is wonderful! The coconut, woody, and honey notes stick out the most on my skin. It's soft, warm, and not at all loud or offensive...definitely a "your skin but better" type of fragrance. By far my favorite Estee Lauder scent, fits any occasion and season.

A slightly soapy, clean floral musk on me. Simple enough and I like it for days when I want a perfume, but don't want something with too much attitude. This one melds nicely with medium moods. Might blend nicely with rose for evening, too

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

After a few minutes of the citrus at the opening, I can't detect other notes individiually in Estée Lauder Sensuous Nude, except for the coconut, as if their common and only goal is to support the coconut note. The lusious and delectable coconut has a slightly oily texture, and a little salty aspect. Like Sensuous, Sensuous Nude is sheer, despite its seemingly buttery texture, comfortable and non-demanding.

The sillage is soft on me, and the longevity is at least 9 hours. Sometimes, coconut can seem overly artifical and nauseating, which fortunately is not the case in the gentle Sensuous Nude. Another positive point of Sensuous Nude is that it doesn't seem too tropical party to make one feel out of place when in an everyday setting. For a relatively affordable coconut-prominent skin scent, Sensuous Nude is a good option.

xionoula
xionoula

Reminds me of suntan oil,beach,hot days...smells like summer!!

Hellita
Hellita

This is pretty! I like this much better than the Sensuous original (my body chemistry resented the original), but the Nude version was very nice. A bit subtle and soft, but it's supposed to be a "silent" smell so that's not an issue for me. Didn't buy it right away, but I'll think about buying one for Summer as it seems like a good Summer fragrance. On me it's a soft and warm coconut scent, almost like skin but better - yup, definately good for Summer.

afroditi zografou
afroditi zografou

Wonderful coconut scent combined with vanilla and sandalwood that goes far in my white skin, but not holding my almost anything and let EDP
The body cream is think of another scent.:(

Nowthe springsmellswonderful,I love it.

moonflower73
moonflower73

Sensuous Nude is quietly sultry on me. It's my low-key jeans and a t-shirt type of day when I still want to whisper a hint sexy. You have to be fairly close to be able to smell me. Its what I wear when I want my skin to smelll like its been warmed by the sun.When I just simply want to feel naturally me. I get a warm and powdery amber, vanilla, soft sandalwood with this. I do like this scent a lot.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Nothing like the original Sensuous. Very average, but still good lasting power which is good if you DO like it.
Eugh, yukky.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Got a tester of this in the mail, and I'm sad to say, I must just not be a coconut/tropical note person.. it turns overly sweet on me, making the musk and honey feel waaay too powdery. I get the general feel for it, and can see why it's a favorite of so many other fragranticans out there..

Unfortunately, I'm getting sun tan lotion, tropical fruit drinks, and a little too much vanilla.. I can picture Malibu Barbie wearing this ;)

arlina1
arlina1

I didn't think the Sensuous line could get better until they added coconut to amber, sandalwood, and woodsy and I knew it was going to be mine also. I wear this when I am unsure how strong perfume will go over because it is more understated to me than Sensuous or Sensuous Noir. Again, Estee hit it out of the park with these.

The name 'Nude' suits it very well! Fragrance smells like skin warmed by the sun. Really unique. And very, very sexy! Perfect scent for a hot night, you know what I mean.
Coconut is recognizable, but not dominating, at least on my skin. I get more sandalwood, honey and flowers. Scent is a bit tropical and a lot playful!
Not 100% in my style, but it has something that I find very tempting.

Update: I've tested it again in summer, just to confirm that it is incredibly sexy and lovely. Dynamic part of my personality totally loves it!

Emilia88
Emilia88

Sadly I dont get any coconut at all, just a strong black pepper.
It mellows down to a light musk after a couple of hours but it's too little too late for me.
Life is too short to wear 'ok' fragrances. :)

UPDATE:

Gave it to my sister, it smells lovely on her!

Yeah. Baby powder. No coconut. :(

pbandabby@gmail.com

All i get is baby powder. Im only 5 minutes in but this might go back.

Rux2589
Rux2589

Top - lively and sweet
Middle - smells exactly like the "perfume" I would make as a child by mixing water and soap.
Base - still soapy, but in a warm, summery sort-of way.

I think Sensuous Nude is good for day-to-day use, if you feel like wearing something sweet, light, and not too pretentious. Would be good to wear on a summer/autumn afternoon, along with some denim and leather. :)

Nickie
Nickie

I like this very much but, for it to really work with my chemistry, I could do with a bit more vanilla to smooth out the rough edges. More vanilla and, at a pinch, more coconut. Otherwise, I like the effect it's trying to make on my skin, and longevity (4-5 hours) and silage (moderate to soft) also get the thumbs up.

Lovely for summer, but works well all year round.

Carnation
Carnation

The opening to this edp is very much like Elizabeth Arden True Love.It has that plastic, aerosol ,old makeup smell and it's pretty bad. The dry down is a ambery, lotion like lining of someone's 40 year old purse. Stick with Sensuous.

hconnors
hconnors

At first I smell a woody musky scent which turns to a peppery powder then settles into a fresh coconut essence. I like the end result best. It's a great daytime, winter scent to wear under a turtleneck sweater while doing some holiday shopping.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Yes, yes and more yes. Ahhhh….absolutely delicious. Heaven, pure heaven. The next morning a hint of this perfume still remains. How fabulous is that?
The initial blast of honeyed milk served in a coconut shell with spices on top is extreme and brings its’ wearer to heights of delicious anticipation. Images of sitting in a tropical palm-covered hut-I can hear seagulls screeching overhead and the sun is delectably warm. The sea is crashing behind me, the sky is blue overhead with minimal clouds on the horizon. And the barkeep? Let’s just say that’s my fantasy…and Sensuous Nude takes you there.
This perfume delivers a sweet musk brilliantly tempered by amber sitting in a coconut shell. If golden bronze had a color, this would be it. Lauder chose the color for the bottle correctly. Close your eyes when you spray, because that’s what you see.
It can be minus 6 degrees outside with gusty winds, snow blowing around the corners of the house when I spray this perfume and my mind will still create images of that beautiful beach. It still takes me there to blue skies, warm sands under my toes and the ocean waves not far away. It’s that delicious.
A nuance of top peppery notes add just the right amount of spiciness to this brew without overloading it. Bergamot adds the freshness, zing and pop in the initial blast that gives Sensuous Nude its exciting wow factor in the beginning that calms down with the honeyed milk. The sandalwood comes across more as a dried hay or dried palms, similar to the tops of little beach huts.
This perfume radiates very well and lasts for hours upon hours.

e31g
e31g

I like it a lot on a good day, it is creamy, warm and sexy. On a "bad" day it can be intense, even cloying. It starts strong and needs time to settle before it becomes softer and powdery. This for me is a cool weather scent. The coconut is not very pronounced when I wear it but it is sweet regardless. I find the musk and wood notes to be very true and at times it can be slightly spicy which is what I love about it when chosen for the right occasion. Not a daily scent for me but a keeper in my collection!

cookieal
cookieal

i just don't smell the coconut they all talk about.
all i smell is the original sensuous with artificial plastic...
i am a recent fan of EL sensuous. i absolutelly love this perfume.
but none of the flankers i m afraid. especially this one...

Eos
Eos

Sensuous Nude is a linear milky-woody-coconut-musk scent with better longevity than the regular EL Sensuous. Not overly sweet, but coconutty all the same. Its overall presence is smooth and comforting. Truthfully its the only coconut perfume I have ever smelled that I would consider wearing. Very nice.

stinkygirl
stinkygirl

My sis wears this, and one day I was a little behind her cause I was following her around in a hospital, and I asked her what perfume she was wearing and she told me. I kept sniffing her all day and telling her how great she smelled. I had to have it. I got the roll on for 20$, cause that stuff is expensive! I just tried the
Sensuous too, and I like it also. Both are beautiful fragrances. You cant go wrong with either one. I havent tried Noir yet, but I cant wait to, cause I havent been dissapointed yet.

Scout
Scout

Ah, it all makes sense now. Sprayed this on a recent cool day and couldn't figure out why it wasn't doing anything for me. I had worn it in the summer and was practically rolling around in it -- it felt that nice. And here's the coconut; that's why. You don't get coconut like a bottle of suntan lotion. It's a nice, substantive feeling of warmth, like your skin smells after a day in the sun.

kadinurr
kadinurr

On my skin top notes had massive amounts of citrus. Soapy and dry powdery musk. Then coconutty. Perfume to wear after shower when putting my lingerie on. I hoped it would work better on my skin. Too soapy.

odisse
odisse

I have the eau de toilette and I love it, it's light and very fresch coconutty. I was actually looking for the eau de parfum but got edt instead. Problem is, I'm not as satisfied by the edt as I probably would be with the edp! So my question to you - is the edp deeper and, not heavy but heavier, than the edt? The edt smells exactly like Panos Emporio CocoSun, which isn't listed on the site. It's in the same price range but maybe slightly fresher.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

In art classes, I learned the difference between NUDE and naked. Nude is being comfortable in your own skin. Nude is allowing your beauty to shine through, at whatever age and whatever shape you are in. It's when that glorious moment of self-acceptance happens; the moment when you realize how truly beautiful you are, how unique you are, and how talented you are. It's a sexy self-confidence that real women have.

This perfume has bottled that. It's like intimacy and self-confidence in a bottle. It smells warm and inviting, yet completely and beautifully bare. It's like the artistic nudes that Imogen Cunningham photographed; they are all at once intimate and beautiful, warm and sexy, but not at all sexual, more like just appreciating what is beautiful in all of us, as women, as the works of art that we are. Thank you, Estee Lauder, for this lovely fragrance. I am completely in love with it.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is one of the newer Estee Lauder fragrances that I've tried a couple of times as I'm walking through the department store. I like the coconut notes, it smells kind of like a cross of a pina colada - and the coconut suntan lotions that were popular when you would visit Hawaii a few years ago.

This is a bit exotic, a fun blend of upbeat ingredients. This has a lift to it - almost like a lilt in a singer's voice that let's you in on a playful vibe.

This lifts off a bit from my skin early on, and is probably one of the only reasons that I may hesitate to purchase this fragrance. As the fragrance wears, about 2 or so hours into wearing this - it begins to harmonize more with my chemistry. This is when it becomes most alluring.

There is a sexy beachy vibe to this. It is youthful, fun, upbeat - and a bit earthy.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

at first the scent is woodsy and sandalwood. then you get a coconut vanilla mix. so far this is one of the best fragrances i have. i would describe it as at the beach at sunset. more of a fall scent to me. one could wear it to work as well. i like this over sensuous because its less sweet. i think a mature 25+ fragrance. it has a relaxing quality.

8 hours later and i can still smell it. im a big fan.

fllorre
fllorre

I always wear this at the beach. I love it!

Purrbaby
Purrbaby

It didn't impress me. My husband, brother, and mother also disliked it. Never had that negative of feedback on a good priced perfume.

MarillaV
MarillaV

I have a wonderful olfactory memory of this perfume. I took this scent with me to a lovely vacation in San Diego in the summer. We did a spa vacation and spent lazy days at the beach. This was the perfect fragrance, a warm and inviting scent that leaves a delicious trail of cozy vanilla and honey on your skin. Not a winter vanilla, but an airy summer vanilla that smells like the flower still. The coconut is sheer, but still noticeable. The perfect "nude" scent, like when you find that lovely shade of pinky brown nail polish. This scent is that nail polish color, inviting but not overwhelming, sexy but not in your face. This makes people want to get a little closer to you, just to inhale your sweet and sexy scent. :)

happygeisha
happygeisha

Oh! OH! oh! MY!!! ok confession time. i saw the brand Estee Lauder and one word came to mind: meh. just never been a fan... but this. THIS! this is some sexy smelling juice baby!!! coconut, smothered love under a tropical, smoldering sunset. so hey! can't afford that trip to Maui? f*ck it! spritz a little bit of this on your wrists, close your eyes and let your olfactory senses take you there instead. its a SMELLCATION y'all.

leavesofgrass
leavesofgrass

Sensuous Nude by Estee Lauder- I initially purchased this due to the comparison between this and Glowing by Jennifer Lopez. I'm not smelling the similarities between those two scents, but I do notice it smells like traditional perfume mixed with coconut upon first sniff and then mellowed out into Victoria's Secret Heavenly on my skin. It would make a great Heavenly flanker lol, it's a nice scent, not sure if I'd repurchase it, but if you enjoy VS Heavenly (which I do) I highly recommend it. Lasting power remains to be seen, it developed on my skin rather rapidly so I don't expect much.

westernlady
westernlady

Sensuous Nude is a warm, coconut and vanilla fragrance that reminds me vaguely of suntan lotion and a vacation on the beach. In this perfume, it isn't a bad quality. The roundness of the scent makes it extremely wearable even until the end. At the bottom of the scent, a woodsy amber smell emerges.

I found the lasting power to be about average with a soft scent.

Lauralee77
Lauralee77

I wanted so much to love this but found it too heavy and cloying. I wanted it to be softer and less heady. When it's almost gone it's pretty but for and hour and a half it's too much for me.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Honey sweet vanilla coconut with a hint of musk and wood. Coconut is the most pronounced note which gives it that warm sensual suntan lotion feeling. Nicely blended with a name that is well chosen. It evokes fantasies of being on a romantic escape on a beautiful tropical island. The warm feeling of watching the sunset together with the person you love.

kakaka2
kakaka2

When I wear Sensuous Nude I feel as the name invokes - nude... literally... naked. This is because it smells mainly of popular suntan lotions which you wear with your clothes off :) This scent has lots of coconut accompanied by weightless woody musk. When I spray it I immediately think of the beach or a summer vacation. This delicate scent lasts for about 3 hours and is great if you don't mind smelling like sunscreen sharing my association with the beach and generally happy feelings.

My personal choice of a fragrance with a coconut vibe is the Bronze Goddess line but I will keep my heart open for Sensuous nude and who knows, maybe one day...

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

I had a sample spray and all I can smell is coconuts & a sweet tart scent and I don't really like this one,, it's kinda heady & it gives me a headache! Ughh..! Sorry!

laurakaye
laurakaye

Oh, this is SO yummy. For me, it begins with a sunny blast of coconut, sweet and delicious, with a refreshing, eye-opening component - the pepper, maybe? Warm, yet fresh.

It ends all cozy, warm, close to the skin, sweet amber-honey. It makes me want to snuggle in a soft blanket on a chilly night. I love when scents give me such strong visuals. The longevity might not be stellar, but I like it that way. It's enough that I get a subtle whiff of it on my skin as I go about my day. I'm putting this near the top of my gotta-have-it list. Would absolutely wear this on a date with my husband.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Damm! This smells good!!
Tropical, Exotic, Sweet... Really nice!!!
I'm only afraid that it lacks stayingpower, but gosh!! It's wonderful!
This is one of these scents that make me go Mmmmmmmmmm.... from start to finish, there are not many fragrances capable of giving me a first impression like that! Makes me wanna have it!
I want so much already... *SOS* ;)

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I had read some good things about this perfume in passing, and while I was at the mall shopping around I just happened to spot it and decided to give it a sniff. I've got to say, I was really pleasantly surprised! Normally Estee Lauder scents are a bit repellant to me (probably because so many Elizabeth Arden scents are, and I associate them with each other). This is a wonderful, sexy, mature, and sensuous (hey!) scent. Sprayed on paper, I can smell nutmeg, which I haven't really experienced in perfume before but LOVE, vanilla, coconut, honey, sugared almonds, and just the right touch of musk. On my skin I couldn't smell the nutmeg at all, which was a bit of a disappointment but didn't make me love the scent any less. On my skin I smell mostly vanilla and honey with a sexy touch of musk that keeps it from being too sweet. Both myself (18) and my mother (48) can wear this scent, although I would wear it mainly as a sexy date night perfume and she could pull it off as a daytime scent if she wanted to. It's just wonderful all around. I have the rollerball right now, but I think I'll be asking for a bottle of the EDT for my birthday! This is sexy and different, best paired with sexy heels and a confident attitude.

beccamm
beccamm

The Sensuous line really doesn't work well for me. I really wanted to like this one as on paper it sounds heavenly but on me its pure woodsy with almost a pineapple smell - the tropical notes coming out but with nothing inbetween to blend it - slightly reminds me of Burberry Body in that way.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

Warm and sultry, balmy and sweet, when I first tried this I got warm hugs all around. The honeyish vanilla in particular, is a cozy, indulgent gourmand, but the woody notes balance the sweetness. Vanilla, amber, honey, deep and golden. The jasmine is prominent, and one of my favorites ever: sweet, pure, distinct. It mixes perfectly with the coconut, a very tropical night accord, jasmine, coconut, vanilla and sandalwood.

It is sheer, and effortlessly sexy. Not self conscious or shy, but not bold. A true nude: unsuspecting, introspective, innocent. This perfume sublimates the more sexy tropical vibe of Guerlain Mahora with a moderated coconut and a mere whisper of florals. This is a soft, skin scent, but with deceptive reach.

The sandalwood is notable, a woody soft succulent note that finds you sniffing your wrists like truffles.

Tovah
Tovah

I like this and I'll probably get around to owning it one of these days. It doesn't make me swoon like Sensuous and Sensuous Noir, but it's a pretty hot weather scent that's unlikely to bother anybody. Sensuous & Noir are a couple of scents that seem to be made with my skin in mind. They are long-lasting and stunning. Sensuous Nude, frankly, is kinda boring on my skin.

susan1326
susan1326

I wanted a scent for wearing while at work, and found Sensuous Nude to fit the bill perfectly. Maybe it's easier for me to describe what it's not: it's not too floral, it's not too fruity, it's not too sweet, it's not overpowering, it's not a diva. It's a fresh, clean modern musk to me, one that lingers close to the skin and projects an aura of sophistication and calm confidence. I wore it today with a business suit at a court appearance, and enjoyed the confident, capable mindset each whiff gave me.
Interestingly, Sensuous Nude would be just as at home with a crisp white shirt and jeans. This scent is more about enhancing the wearer instead of screeching "smell me." I love many strong, potent perfumes but this is the one I reach for when I want to shine instead of my perfume.

freddinos
freddinos

Wanted to try Sensuous Nude as I am a huge coconut fun. It's nice, but nothing spectacular. There are way beter interpetations of the coconut accord if that's what you're looking for, and numerous other soft slightly floral-oriental skinscents that are better than this in my opinion. It's safe to say that, with the exception of Bronze Goddess, my nose and Estee Lauder perfumes are not a good match. Oh well...
PS: it indeed has a slight resemblance to Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist, only this is waaay softer and non headache inducing to me

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

It's sweet coconut and I don't want to smell like coconut, very annoying scent.

Latotalite
Latotalite

Just bought this yesterday and regreted it. to me it smells too much like coconut suntan lotion and after 1 to 2 hrs of wearing, all i can detect was a sweet scent, no depth at all for this perfume.

Lovejaiphursaphir
Lovejaiphursaphir

This is a pleasant light scent on me. I am always searching for a replacement for jaipur saphir... This does not stay with me long...

kitka
kitka

An OK scent on me, but not unique-enough for me to buy. I sprayed the sample vial given to me at the Estee Lauder counter and found it to smell like coconut suntan lotion. Smelled pleasant, but common and similar to many other fragrances.

username101
username101

Like Armani Mania, but one level below it. Opening was okay, dry down not so much.

Elle949
Elle949

A decanted version of his perfume (about 1 oz) was given to me at a training session when I worked for Lauder a few years ago. All of the girls at the table tried it on and compared the different outcomes and boy were they different. Some had a more musky scent some a fresh vanilla that wasn't overpoweringly like a bakery but then when it came to me everyone couldn't stand it. It smells EXACTLY like lemon frosting. Sugary sweet. That being said as soon as I got home my boyfriend said "oh I like your perfume!" Words he has never uttered nor has since. I keep the bottle just for special dates with him and that's about it. Moral of the story: don't blind buy this one. It needs a test run first

Juliana6
Juliana6

I think it's a bit sweeter but in the same time it's also fresher than the regular "Sensuous". If "Sensuous" started to bother me with its honey and warmth after some time, this seems to be perfect. I feel the coconut, some tropical, juicy, mature fruit, wild flowers and THE vanilla. My delicious sin...
The bottle is simple yet original. Reminds the sand and the sea. Bottom of the sea.Light, waves, water, wind...
Makes me think about a woman who has just taken a shower (the scent reminds a very, very expensive shower gel or soap- in a good way) and now she's waiting somebody to put some body lotion on her naked shoulders and neck. The scent of clean, warm, beautiful woman body.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

Woody coconut smell. Doesn't last as long as the original sensuous but is way sweeter. Classy, too.

TeddiesGirl
TeddiesGirl

I loved this in the magazine sample, but it smelled too "old" on me. :(

ajkeelty
ajkeelty

Perfect for nights cuddling with your sweetie. Once the opening notes fade (I was not pleased when I first sprayed this). The soft musk coconut and vanilla kick in for a beautiful drydown. It's like a sweet hug. I think this is perfect for summer.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

This is a very intimate fragrance in my opinion. It's soft and warm with almost no sillage so one would have to be nuzzled up close to you to smell it. I do love the initial smell of woodiness with a tropical feel without smelling like suntan lotion, the coconut is done well which is nice because a lot of scents get coconut all wrong. I agree with the reviewer below that said this is how I would want my skin to smell naturally. For me I like my fragrances a little stronger and louder. I will save Sensuous Nude for summer when my stronger scents give me a headache and maybe I will like it more then. For now it's nice but has no 'wow' factor. Longevity is also horrible on my skin only got about 1 hour of wear.

hazelnut
hazelnut

I love Sensuous and especially Sensuous Noir, and especially Noir! but not a summer fragrance. I had Nude for a summer...bought too big a bottle cause now I.am weary of it. It smell the coconut which reminds me somewhat of a floral suntan lotion. Its not BAD, but I am not loving it. I dont think I ever loved it.

lemonfreshjoy
lemonfreshjoy

I sprayed this on my wrist at Macy's, then a guy came along behind me and said: "Smells good!" It's very soft and feminine. I like it. It reminds me of something I've smelled before from the 80's but I can't remember what it was.

Rosellini-in-love
Rosellini-in-love

Ahh I love this! It's so soft and delicate. I got the EDT, I don't find it that different from the EDP I just prefer my fragrance lighter.
The opening somehow reminds me of a milder Amor Amor by cacharel, this soon disappears and settles into a light vanilic scent. Every girl should own this... It's like chocolates and soft slippers... Total comfort!

evesoho
evesoho

This perfume is perhaps what I would pick my skin to smell like. . . It reminds me of skin, but doesn't smell like skin. In addition, this scent warms slightly as your body warms. To me, it's truly a nude fragrance, because it behaves how your body behaves, as if it's become you, it's become your own skin. Discovering this gem, I respect the house of EL even more, and I will begrudgingly admit that I suppose the more flankers a company makes, the more chances they have to not only create a "hit" or a classic, but to outdo their original scent. I deplore saying that a bit, but I can't help it knowing I purchased Shalimar Parfum Initial instead of the original this year.

Safira
Safira

I completely agree with the one who wrote that this perfume has a slight resemblance to pencil shavings in the beginning. Very accurate. Not an entirely bad thing, bud woodsy in that way. Very soon after it blossoms into this devine smell - I really like it! Pleasant, powdery and sweet.

The original Sensuous, which I bought after trying it on quickly (big mistake), is way stronger and in your face spicy, woody and what not. This version is so much better. Gorgeous scent that stays close to the skin in a seductive and understated way. Longevity is not overwhelming, but the scent is to die for, so I'll live with this one flaw. ;)

Amalmarri
Amalmarri

woody note here similar to guerlain samsara but lighter so one spray of samsara under this one will make a difference deep and long lasting combo. enjoy

BillieNicole
BillieNicole

I like this, but I wish that the coconut was more prominant (after the opening, it disappears on me), and then it turns into a too soft powdery woody scent.

Evengelia
Evengelia

I went after this like a hound...purely because of the honey note mixed in with the coconut and sandlewood.

Phwoar what a beauty of a suprise this is. I do not like Sensuous or Nude Noir.

I was given a very generous mini by the counter lady since i loved it so much on the card and ive just sprayed it on my clean skin a home and its one of the most delicious cosy smells ever.

It the cleanest coconut scent, its milky and dreamy and then you get a generous kick of pepper, honey and the sandlewood.

It really is lovely. Its something id wear on a summer holiday. This is a special smell....there is also something in it that reminds me of my childhood, Im unsure of what exactly though, its just a happy note somewhere in there i think :)

smellME
smellME

I knew this would be perfect ...
I once owned Sensuous original but found it too strong and synthetic so it is swapped, same thing happened to another Lauder summer flanker, called capri, the turquoise and brown sunset bottle was just beautiful,
but the content was schrieky and one dimensional. Then a reviewer caught my attention saying sensuous nude was similar to that one but more of a toned down but instead - dimensional .... Soo true !
Even loving pepper in perfumes, this does not start the way I thought,
but the wonderful coconut in this , together with the jasmine, a little musk and honey makes this a wonderful and creamy heart.
The base with heliotrope and sandalwood together with the musk sums it up to a very well composed perfume and let it rise to another level ,before settling in the lovely day - long musky base. You can say what you want about this house...but this is a well blended and luxurous fume -
for the right person !
Thanks estherouttenar for the lovely swap !

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

As a lover of the original Sensuous, I never really bothered to test this, but it came in a coffret of minis I received as a Christmas present and I'm very glad I did.
Coconut, woods, a dash of honey and amber is all I really smell. In the bottle it smells more like the original Sensuous than it does on the skin, though you can see the relation. This is wonderfully cosy and to me is a 'your skin but better' scent, even if the coconut is a bit strong to be taken for your natural smell. This also stays far closer to the skin than the other two from this range and the staying power isn't as good. Nevertheless I like it a lot and will very much enjoy my mini.

AlexaSanger
AlexaSanger

The scent is pleasant, but too sweet and powdery. It is romantic and feminine, though. I miss something unique in this EDT.

I.I
I.I

It's funny but I can't smell this perfume.
It's nice but doesn't worth it's price. Estee Lauder has some other unique perfumes that are very rare while this one is one of the most promoted in the market.

s_athena
s_athena

Hmm, woody coconut that doesn't smell like sunscreen. Take note, perfumers, this is how you do coconut without mimicking shampoo or sunscreen. Not heavy-handed with the tropical exoticism of the beach, just lovely woody (and authentic) fresh coconut.

I could use this in the summer. Perfect to feel like I'm at the beach without feeling like I'm a character in a Jimmy Buffett song.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

Somehow this turned to a powdery smell on me. Strange. I like the scent, but it has no staying power on my skin.

emily128
emily128

This is the only Estee' Lauder perfume that I can wear. I love it. I don't smell much of the coconut which many other users mention in their reviews. To me, it is soft and warm and sweet. If baby powder could ever be "creamy", this is what I would imagine a baby powder to smell like. What's interesting is that there seems to be a bridge between each of the woodsy notes and each of the sweet, mellow notes - like they sort of balance one another: Bergamot to Lilly of the Valley; Sandalwood to the Jasmine; Amber to the White Honey; Peppery notes to the Vanilla. It's perfectly balanced, with an end result of warmth and softness. It's like putting on the softest lotion and powder and wrapping yourself up in a soft blanket. This is a far cry from many of the other Estee' Lauder perfumes.

Marie76
Marie76

This perfume was such a pleasant surprise. I never had an Estee Lauder perfume, my granny used to wear Beautiful and I love it, though, so I went into a Department Store to get a cheeky spray on, and tried out a few of their perfumes. This was, by far, the nicest. The opening is very green, a lot of bermagot but also something powdery and soft. Then I get lily of the valley and jasmin, and musk. At first it all blended into a caramel like scent, but then the proper dry down became a soft, powdery and sweet, ?fruity tropical smell.
Absolutely delicious.
It lasts well in me.
I'm definitely adding it to my Xmas list!

derkargy
derkargy

I wish it lasted longer...

oona noir
oona noir

I got a lot of coconut in the top notes and a nice sandalwood on the dry down. The problem is that it smells like Raid bug spray from the heart into the dry down on my skin. I asked my mom what she thought and she confirmed- it smells like Raid to her, too. Try before you buy!

MineralDiva
MineralDiva

This smells like a powdery pina colada. The eau de toilette version is a bit better, but not by much. Cloying, gagging, revoltingly sweet.

Nancy Lynn
Nancy Lynn

Initially this smelled like pencil shavings, not pretty but it takes no time at all to blossom. On my skin the coconut reads more like fig, less nutty and more fresh. I don't like coconut in fragrance because of the nuttiness I think can smell dirty, but I love fig and I know sometimes they can convey the same. The honey and musk are upfront with the figgy coconut underneath. My chemistry turns this into a burning sweet honey ambery musk, similar to Sicily by D&G. Not a summer smell on my skin but a very toasty by the fire in a cozy sweater smouldering kind of frag. Blended so well. Love it!

kflinta
kflinta

the powdery musky scent is not me. not thrilled. at all.

pomdgf
pomdgf

I have to say Wow!!! I love this scent. For me coconut is the main character and follow by sweet honey but the important thing is it's sensual and very seductive plus a little bit lovely and warm. Just like a dream, I'm sure this scent never go wrong if you have dating with a cute guy. So yummy, and if perfume can say it will be like " Eat Me" in a gentle way. Put it on my wish list.

milkyway
milkyway

I really like the coconut in this one. It does not smell like a sun tan lotion at all, but nice milky and podery...voluptious...This could have been a perfect fragrance for the cold autumn nights,but the only thing that ruins this for me is excess of musc, which makes the dry down soapy..But it's just me as I dislike musks, I'm sure that those who don't mind it will not be as bothered as me ..It lasts very well too.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

On my skin all this smelt of was coconut sun lotion. An hour later it was still there but it was still coconut sun lotion.

Nothing special, made me smell like I'd just baked a cake then gone sunbathing.

It's not for me at all.

Tayloreliza32
Tayloreliza32

At first when smelling this scent, all I get is straight up baby powder. But after I had let it sit for a little bit, the only thing I could smell is the bergamot, or lemon. Its very interesting.
I wish i could smell more of the notes, but no matter how hard i try sniffing--I can't smell different notes! Its so frustrating, because i lovelovelove the name to this fragrance.

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

Sensuous Nude is powdery, pleasant, not sharp at all. Gorgeous. The jasmine, vanilla, and sandalwood stand out to me. This is on my "I want it" list.

taboo2287
taboo2287

my friend has it and i tried it today on my wrist, what a beauty! smells exactly like Naomi campbell the original but with a better longitivtiy, a girl in her 20s can wear this so does a lady in her 60s... give it a try ladies :)

loonad
loonad

my husband bought this for me and i must say i love it.it is so sweet,not in a sugary way but more in an adult way.it starts with a hint of tropical fresh citruses and settles in a sensual,creamy coconutty scent.it is very sexy and intimate as it stays very close to the skin.ideal for a romantic date with the boyfriend or husband.

kapted
kapted

I got this as a sample and adored it. I do not smell much of the coconut, but more of a peppery, powdery scent hits me. It is reminiscent of a firey version of J+J's baby powder.

It does not last longer than 6 hours on me.

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

This is on my must-have list of the next 5 perfumes that i buy. It is a really beautiful soft scent that actually manages to mix coconut in the fragrance without it smelling like you have just doused your body in sun lotion.
It is feminine, pretty and delicate. The lasting power is fine but it really isn't a strong scent considering that it is a EDP, but IMO that is a good thing because i think there are too many heavy coconut fragrances out there, FINALLY something that is subtle and not cheap smelling!

I love the initial blast of florals and citrus, then it dries down to medley of coconut, musk and sandalwood. I find this to be very much a skin scent, as it stays extremely close to the skin. lasting power is also surprisingly weak, considering this is an EDP.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I decided to try this after the mixed reviews although I really liked the pyramid of notes. I'm glad I tried it. It's delicious! It's strange, I sprayed myself on the wrist in two spots next to each other. When I sniffed it first I got the coconut and amber, then the second time I got the citrus and jasmine and what smells like lemongrass to me. But the third time it went back to coconut again. And so it repeated. But whatever, because I love the smell. It makes me happy to have this jumble of notes in my scent closet and right now it's keeping me happy company till I finish work. Projection I would say good, the people around you would definitely be able to smell it and what a wonderful smell it is :) Longevity pending, but from what I garnered from the varied reviews, it really depends on your chemistry. So I would vote not a safe blind buy for all. But definitely worth the price tag, for me.
Update for longevity: it's very faint after five hours. I have to sniff myself to catch the whisper that's left on my clothes.

woodbines
woodbines

I tried this today. For me, in the beginning, it was a fun sparkling, sweet but faintly musky mandarin scent. I loved it at the counter. I decided to let it wear for a while before I committed, and I'm glad I did. The fragrance evolved into a nauseating, headache inducing coconut vanilla mess about 20-30 minutes later. It was such a huge disappointment. My SO was with me and he didn't like it from the beginning (he's not a musk fan). Roughly 3 hours later, I can still smell it on my wrist, close to the skin, but it's turned into a gentle vanilla baby powder scent with a hint of amber and wood. This stage is very generic smelling to (and on) me.

Lol48
Lol48

Tried this today and at first spray it was very light but then it dried and after a little while the coconut began to be more apparent. I think this is beautiful, subtle and just light enough to make a statement. It has some woody elements too, but is much softer than the original 'Sensuous' perfume. It may be a little light for a body lotion. This is the next one I want. I love it.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

This is a very nice subtle scent however I feel there are more perfumes out there that smell similar, if not better, have longer lasting power and are a better price. In my opinion perfumes with coconut that are fairly similar (and thriftier)are FCUK Friction for her and J.Lo Miami Glow.

bleuciel
bleuciel

I've been eyeing this perfume for quite some time now. Very lovely. Smells coconutty-powdery-ambery-vanilla-ish to me. A skin scent, great for cooler summer nights.

Longevity is really poor though. A few short hours. For the price I would have thought different. This is what mainly deterred me from purchasing it.

Very soft, does not provoke headaches. It is not fresh, nor light, nor citrusy, nor energetic or tonic. Powdery with notes of coconut and something sweet is best described.

Ah, I just noticed that 4 reviewers said that J Lo's new perfume smells similar to this one. Perhaps I should just wait for Glowing to become available here and purchase something similar at half the price :D

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I like this one.....I'm not in love with it....but i like it enough to buy it because I thought this is a great summer evening feminine beachy scent that I could even wear to work. The scillage is amazing for such a soft scent. The only thing is that the scent only lasts about 2 hours. So, that's a bummer for those who love the scent. The solution to help this is estee lauders sensuous nude lotion. The body veil feels amazing and smells amazing. The lotions fragrance seems stronger than the perfume. I also have noticed rollerballs of sensuous nude. I think this is a casual, calm sensuous perfume. It smells very womanly in a clean way. This isn't a big sex perfume...its more ladylike fun scent. I think men would be attracted to this because its fresh, not string yet has a makeup powdery scent and the coconut has a beachy night kind of soaped up scent. I kinda get a moonlit beach, sandy waves hitting the shore on vacation scent out of this in the evening. During the day it seems more clean. I think this is worth a buy because it can be used year round all seasons. This is good.

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

This one is soft and wears very close to the skin, but it is very sexy and sultry in a subtle way. On me it is delicate and sweet with warm, powdery hints. And once I sniff a little closer, I can pick up on woodsy spices and tropical coconut.

It reminds me of honeyed summer skin, warmed and kissed by rich sunshine. I think this is a perfect scent for romantic summer nights...

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

I`ve got a sample of this & while I like it very much, I`m not sure I would want a whole bottle. It`s gentle, sweet & powdery, with a coconut/vanilla base - to me it is almost identical to Estee`s Bali Dream, just missing Dreams sharper top note at the beginning. Very cosy - I can imagine winter knits & scarves being even more snuggly smelling of this.

Update - someone came into my workplace today wearing this, I noticed it immediately, mmmmmmmm very nice indeed - may have to get a bottle myself after all! Strangely, the lady wearing it said she could no longer smell it on herself at all, so for those of you who thinks its sillage is rather shortlived, maybe just for the wearer? Update 2 - I had another day of wearing my sample & this time thought that the drydown was very similar to Coty Wild Musk! I hadn`t noticed any similarity before - strange....but nice all the same!

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

love this~ SUMMER NIGHTS :)

yacoco
yacoco

girls do you want to smell like coconut
not blanaced at all
the coconut note are so strong
sorry not sexy on girl

marysiac
marysiac

I picked a small bottle earlier today. Not bad quite honestly. I definetly pick up the peppers in the top note & the Burgamont is pretty noticable but I don't really pick up on the mandirin orange. I got just a hint of coconut & honey in the heart but I mainly smell the jasmine & musk. The vanilla is fairly obvious in the base of this scent, but I can't really pick up on any of the woodysy notes.It also seems to have a bit of a powdery smell to it. This is a fragrance that I reccomend spritzing on sparingly, about 1 or 2 sprays. But a good fragrance none the less, worth a try :)

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Sensuous Nude is a beautiful fragrance, very comforting & long lasting - I get 12+ hours wear on skin.

I detect a little pepper & the tiniest bit of floral notes. The coconut is noticable but definitely not in a suntan/beach sort of way - it's a creamy bridge between the vanilla, amber & sandalwood. A fantastic Winter or Autumn scent.

I definitely recommend you try this, especially if you are an Amber & Vanilla fan.

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

Tested it today at the store. I expected something else . I was hoping for a soft sensual tropical coconut. It's soft and the coconut is the starkest note, for me, but I miss the "I wanna smell my wrist every minute"-feeling. It's a bit powdery. It's a good perfume, but I'm not wild about it. The name implies so much more, but the perfume doesn't quite meet my expectations.
It's a good perfume, sillage is good, because walking around I can smell it and I only sprayed once on my wrist. Lasting power is ok, I can still smell it on my wrist after about 3 hours, though it's already a lot softer. So overall, a good one, but no wow-factor.

Santalrosa
Santalrosa

Coconut soap, that's what Sensuous Nude is on me. It is lovely, such a shame it doesn't last long.

damewolf13
damewolf13

When I wear this perfume, the only notes that I can pick up are the coconut,honey,amber,and musk. On my skin it just comes across as a freshly scrubbed clean baby powder scent. I like it for those understated moments in life, but I don't consider this to be a sensual skin scent as the name implies. It is just a clean innocent powder scent that is good to apply right out of the bath, and right before bed to ensure sweet dreams.

Mebster
Mebster

It's all about coconut on my skin. No sillage n last 4 hour max. I might love to smell it on others in a whiff.. But definitely don't want to smell like this. Coconut oil reminds me of traditional oil used for traditional massage in indonesia.

I like the coconut feeling of this perfume,though it's not like a creamy sugary coconut.It's more like a green coconut oil.there are also some flowers,but it's somehow unbalanced to my nose.
for some reason,it reminds me of Crystal Noir,but I prefer the latter due to the warm feeling it has for me.
when I smell SN,I imagine a girl covered her body with lots of coconut oil and another light body lotion.
it doesn't have so much to do with the original sensuous,but just like the original one,it doesn't have a good sillage.the long lasting power seems to be less than the original,as it's lighter.

fragile 71
fragile 71

Beautiful scent,but weak lasting power.I have to spritz again and again!

crazii.rains
crazii.rains

Smell like coconut oil, so sweet,and it make me dizzy.

ladybug43211
ladybug43211

I think this is a wonderful fragrance. I stumbled upon it while shopping for another fragrance. I purchased the other fragrance but couldn't stop smelling my wrist. I returned to the store the next day to purchase this fragrance. I classify this fragrance as an intimate fragrance...it won't announce you as you enter a room nor will it linger after you've departed. Only those fortunate enough to get close to you will get to experience this. On me, the honey note is most prominent. It's lovely, not overly sweet but very, well, Sensuous. This is definitely my date night fragrance (wink)

pacciosa
pacciosa

L'ho comprato oggi, purtroppo qui in Italia costa tantissimo: 98 euro per la bottiglia da 100 ml, ma è veramente un buonissimo profumo, nuovo e particolare! Ho provato ieri il tester in profumeria e mi ha subito ricordato Cashmere Mist di Donna Karan che, come sapete, è uno dei miei profumi preferiti in assoluto, così ci ho un pò pensato su perchè è costoso, ma alla fine... l'ho comprato e sono contentissima! All'inizio odora di cocco e olio tropicale, ma quando si asciuga è cremoso e morbido come la pelle di seta, è un profumo intenso ma non fastidioso, adatto per tutte le occasioni e per tutto l'anno, è veramente buono e poi non è come i soliti profumi fioriti... lo consiglio!

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

When I think of this scent, I think of everyday. A girl sitting with her boyfriend in a restaurant on a Saturday afternoon. It's nonchalant and happy, just being itself.

Sweet and cozy without being dull. Warmed by honey. Powdery and fresh smelling. Like clean skin that hasn't had every oil stripped by Irish Spring. Great staying power, too.

yettb
yettb

very soft creamy little of coconut and vanilla tiny spritz lasted all day on my wrist should be ok to wear anytime - very nice and stays close

dimitra6
dimitra6

So beautiful parfume!!! On me it smells like creamy coconut!But i think its an all season parfume. Long lasting and modern!!!

wvdisnut
wvdisnut

This is a beautiful fragrance. It is a soft, delicate fragrance, and subtly sensuous. The coconut is not over powering and just adds to the summery sweetness. Although I think I could wear this thru the year. It has a reminder of the florals in it with rose being echoed throughout the weardown. I bought the rollon for travel and being the least expensive, but it doesn't last like the spray. I will have to purchase the spray for longevity. I love this fragrance and want to have it on me all the time.

babsyfish
babsyfish

Why am I getting baby wipes...melting into some weird cross between Johnson's baby powder and Baby Magic soap?? Eventually, it kind of becomes baby-at-the-beach, all buttered up in Bronze Goddess! It's not entirely awful, but I would not classify it as "seductive." It's just nowhere near that serious, and that baby-clean vibe never fully goes away on me. It is sweet, soft, and comforting. It's a rather clean, youthful, delicate-pink feminine. OmaMargi's comment about it being "diaphanous" is spot-on. While I like SN, it's one of those scents that could get really old really fast for me.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Unlike Sensuous love/hate family ,, this is lovable & safe ..

Tender as sweet & musky coconut body mist, but at the same time the lasting power & sillage are amazing ..

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

A pleasant scent, which smells pretty much like Hawaiian Tropic sun tan oil. I'm not sure which note is the culprit but it actually smells oily and slightly cloying. The coconut and heliotrope might be giving that impression. Rather forgettable, nonetheless.

smvs2010
smvs2010

This is a warm, mysterious, sweet fragance, but a grown up sweet, nice winter scent.

tbear
tbear

I loved the magazine paper sample of Sensuous Nude so much that I went to the store and sampled it on 2 different occasions. It is a nice, soft, close-to-the-body scent. I definitely considered buying it, but I was hoping for more of the coconut to come out on my skin and it never did. I got mostly vanilla, and while a little vanilla is fine, I really wanted to be able to detect the coconut. (My husband couldn't smell coconut either.) Ultimately, I decided on something else, but I may re-consider SN in the future if I decide to start building a fragrance wardrobe.

Lee79
Lee79

This is a nice scent but its to soft and I can barely smell it after an hr or so. It doesn't last a long time, and for the price it should last all day.

OmaMargi
OmaMargi

If you are looking for a scent that will announce you when you enter the room and then hangs back when you leave, this is not the fragrance for you. I’m not sure it’s possible to apply too much because it is a subtle, almost private scent, diaphanous. It isn’t so much that it doesn’t last, only that it seems to melt into my skin where it softly lingers. Believe me, when my husband buries his face in my neck, it’s there. And when I had back surgery at a Veteran’s hospital, I was the only female patient on the floor. One morning an aide walked into the room, took a deep breath and said, “Finally, a room that smells nice!” I don’t wear much, but I find layering the spray over the body veil makes more of an impression. I don’t detect the coconut—wouldn’t even know it’s there if I hadn’t read it. Didn’t strike me a fruity at all, maybe gourmand, but nothing fresh or fruity in a lollipop sort of what, which seems popular these days. Woodsy, yes, but it is soft, along with the vanilla, amber, sandalwood. Mature, but not “old lady” or fussy (a common description I don’t completely understand). I would say it is a fragrance for a woman mature enough to be comfortable with herself, a woman who understands the power of delicate sensuality.

fpih
fpih

I never thought I'd like a coconut scent, yet here I am! Sensuous Nude is the only one of the Sensuous family that I can actually wear; the rest are just too sweet for me. Nude though is warm, cozy, woody, musky, a comforting blanket but that wicked coconut accord adds a delightful, playful twist to an otherwise bland perfume. I love to smell my wrist while wearing Nude. If I have one complain, it's the lack of any sillage and the mediocre lasting power, but the scent itself is worth buying anyway.

movs
movs

I tested Sensuous Nude several times in the stores, both on my skin and on paper. On paper it was a nice warm coconut-vanilla scent, different from the coconut sunscreen scents. On my skin however it acted very different: musky and extremely volatile. I still wanted the perfume as I thought that if I sprayed myself generously, I would get the coconut scent from the test paper. Now I have been wearing Sensous Nude a couple of times and I must say that I have to agree with Sky76sky - this perfume is incredibly weak.

Sensuous Nude starts out as a warm orange and spicy scent, just a little sharp. Unfortunately it almost vanishes before the more promising notes from the test paper, like the coconut, honey and vanilla, have the time to evolve. The powdery dry down is dusty and woody and the scent somehow reminds me of a newly sharpened pencil. Where did the coconut and vanilla go? It's like my nose seems unable to really detect the warmer and deeper notes in this perfume.

This scent is warm and lovely on paper, and I had so much hoped that it would work on my skin. Please test before buying, it seems that skin chemistry has a lot to say here.

In 3 words: WOODY - POWDERY - VOLATILE

valeria_ms
valeria_ms

I haven't decided if I like this or not. The smell reminds me of the cheap Spanish body wash called Lactovit. I like the scent when it's applied to the card, but when I put it on myself I can't smell it at all, or it smells much like a makeup foundation.

po
po

Well, I believe it's a totally different scent from sensuous or sensuous noir. On me the dominant note is coconut and remains dominant fron beginning to the end. As time goes by, sandalwood and musk become more aparent, but still- coconut is what I get most. It's not a foody coconut smell though, more ''grown-up'' I'd say, like coconut milk.

The whole thing didn't impress me though, seems too watery and shy, I feel like something is missing here, not enough personality I guess. I waited to see if it would develop into something more interesting but no hope, after a couple of hours it disappeared leaving no trace. I think it could be a nice one for people who like the escada vacation/casual vibe but are looking for something more sophisticated.

Edit: I think I was a bit harsh about Sensuous Nude. Because it's a well blended and more sophisticated take on coconut than average. Not all fragrances have to be masterpieces to be enjoyable after all...

nikkic78
nikkic78

I was one of the people that was really looking forward to this release. I love Sensuous and Sensuous Noir. So I thought my summer would be scented with Sensuous Nude.

The first disappointment was the advertising campaign. I thought it was "industrial" and it didn't entice me in the least. Then when I finally did try it...nothing...gone from my skin in two seconds flat. I was confused. EL did such a phenomenal job with Sensuous and Noir...what happened?

Fast forward six months...I asked for a full sample (thinking I'd give it another shot and test it properly) after purchasing Sensuous for my mother-in-law. The associate gave me a very generous sample and a scented ribbon bracelet.

My mother in-law's birthday is two days before Christmas, my father was flying in from out of town to visit for the week, not done with my holiday shopping...I had a million and one things to do but I walked around wearing the ribbon. Over the next day or so the most peculiar thing happened. I didn't feel like wearing anything I had.

Most days I like semi loud fragrances. I wear them lightly but I let my perfume do a lot of talking. But these few days were noisy enough by themselves so Sensuous Nude was calling to me.

I now "get it" and I am so glad I didn't write this one off completely. It is so lovely.

It starts off powdery, soon a sweet honey, spiced mandarine, coconut woodiness appear. A sweet wood and musk finish it off. I cannot detect flowers except they add a sweetness. All very faint and well blended. I feel the overall effect of a memory of watching a sunrise or a sunset while wrapped in a soft blanket. It's like remembering what is important and what makes you happy as we go about the business of the day. Very content.

Sensuous Nude is a very personal scent. I doubt anyone can smell it on me. But sillage isn't a big consideration for me. However, the longevity of this still worries me. I will use my sample happily and see how I feel how long it wears before I make a decision if I will purchase this for myself. As much as I want to like this I hope it works out:)

Esscentially299
Esscentially299

My first impression of SN was very positive: it makes a good first impression...soft, sweet, and delicious.

But pretty quickly it flatlined into this woody/coconut monotone that went on forever and got on my nerves.

It's a nice fragrance but not my taste. No disrespect to those who love it.

Moderate sillage and longevity.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

A very successful effort to complete/enrich SENSUOUS family by adding a lighter, creamier and more-close to the skin-scent. Sensuous nude is very appealing and promising; it is a skin scent that embraces your natural smell, and that makes it totally addictive.
According to your personality/mood/preferences as well as the period you choose to buy a new fragrance, ESTEE LAUDER has a suggestion to make.

-If you are into woody perfumes that may develop a masculine character, mixed with sweet accords of honey and vanilla, try SENSUOUS EDP.
-If you are searching for a sexy perfume that is going to be strong, peppery and dark at the same time and you want it to last for hours, SENSUOUS NOIR will be the ideal for you. Dressy, deep, mysterious, one of the best woody perfumes out there in my opinion.
-If you prefer creamier, silky perfumes that have a lighter and more radiant smell(perhaps for summer or spring), SENSUOUS NUDE is perfect !

The coconut accord is dominant indeed, and I love it !!!

ralucucky
ralucucky

On me, it smells like hand creme

The opening is similar to YSL - Cinema on my skin. But then it turns supersoft, warm, sexy and ... cosy...A great scent that stays close to my skin, next person have to stand close to me to get a wiff of this wonderful scent -I like these kind of whispering perfumes. Negative for this one - only lasts 1½ hour on my skin..shortlived...

Just när jag sprejar på denna på huden så påminner den om YSL - Cinema men sen mjuknar den ner till en supermjuk, varm, sexig och ... kelig doft. En härlig doft som stannar nära min hud -nästa person får stå nära för att få en uppfattning om denna parfymen. Jag gillar den typen av viskande, svepande dofter. Tyvärr så håller denna doften bara ca 1½ timme på min hud - kortlivad, tråkigt nog.

By now I did the skin test too. Still on me the orange comes out most. After a while the coconut blends in too. It's a sweet floral coconut. For me it's too much a "romantic coconut", so I'm not a real fan of this although I like coconut. It reminded me of some rather cheap coconut scents. Also the staying power was not so good on me.

nannaje
nannaje

To me, this scent is incredibly comforting - but I can rarely stand it for long as it can make me nauseous and give me a headache. I wish it were slightly less sweet, then it would be one of my favorites. I dislike pepper and cannot smell any in here. More wood would have been nice. Maybe a little too much coconut, even for those of us who love that note... Good staying power on me.

nush imogen
nush imogen

This is OK, not my type of scent. It's woodsy, musky, little bit sweet but not too overwhelming, for some reason I sense a little bit of rose in it? Not sure why. Reminds of warm fall nights, in the best way possible, I just wish EL paid a little more attention to their bottles, I understand that there is beauty and sophistication in simplicity but .. I mean, this just looks like one of those "deodorants" i used to get my mom for Christmas, you know, back in the 90's. Its C for this one, would have been a B had they just worked on that design!

Raina
Raina

Sensuous Nude smells delicious. I was looking at EL Sensuous and I wanted something smoother so I spritz this on my arm, and then I couldn't stop smelling.

This is a smoothe blend of sweet, creamy sandalwood and soft skin amber, backed by a support of soft floral notes and a slight touch of spice. The coconut here is amazing, creamy without being synthetic or overtly coconut. Overall it is a creamy blend and reminds me somehow of the beach. Yum.

catfactory
catfactory

I love this! It's so feminine! Powdery is the first scent but then it has a somewhat peppery undertone - it's an incredible combination! I don't notice any any coconut or orange at all - it must be my body chemistry. I just love this perfume - it's my new favorite! Perfectly soft and senuous!

adesoprano
adesoprano

Creamy ... this is the word that comes to my mind... silky and sensual.

Lalunia
Lalunia

Wow! amazing, sexy, just must have!

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Soft, fresh and sweet scent with tropical breeze of coconut.
There`s a tiny bit of sourness, maybe from citruses, honey or pepper. But I wouldn`t call it spicy.

amber_glow
amber_glow

I tried and bought it today I absolutely loved this scent I m sure I will use it for loong long years.

Kiku
Kiku

Another entry in the Cashmere Mist wannabe sweepstakes. Like it's predecessor, it's a sophisticated and classy oriental. A mix of sandalwood and vanilla, more spicy and less woodsy than Cashmere Mist. It's also softer. More like Cashmere Mist Liquid Nude than Cashmere Mist. It's a lovely and feminine fragrance but nothing new or unique.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Just out of curiosity, I had to smell this one at the deparmentstore. I had NO expectations at all, since I never really cared for the original Sensuous. What a surprise!! Sensuous nude is creamy, soft and very feminine and not bland like the original. I have been sniffing my wrist the whole afternoon thinking to myself: "Man, I smell great!" :) I think that honey, musk and coconut stands out, but on the same time there is something a little spicy, that keeps it from getting boring.
I don't know how to describe this perfume but to say that it is a wonderful, warm and soft smell that lasts a long time. Imo this is not a party scent, but a soft, sweet and even a little bit sexy everydayscent+ I love the the pretty little glassbottle.I'll be running back to the store tomorrow, that's for sure!!

spraek
spraek

So far the best ive smelled yet, this one paris hiltons paris, and bvl blvgari have been good to my nose. i really thought "bronze goddess" gave off a raspy, lil too old musky , kinda a mildew kinda scent at first smell and then dried down to harsh coconut moldy smell, but this one right here does the job!! Best ive smelled in all estee lauders collection.. in a class of its own. Beautiful scent , recommend to all guys to but this one for your girls. I originally smelled this scent walking through the Mandaly Bay in Las Vegas and thought what is that smell. it was like this scent was shooting out the vents of the air conditioning at the mandalay bay. it made me not want to leave the casino lol!! it reminded me of the waterfalls inside the casino, simply elegant, with a tropical, exotic island holiday , beach cruise, grand cayman islands type smell. I LOVE IT!

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

To be completely frank, I never expected a Sensuous flanker to end up on my "want" list. Considering my awful experience with Sensuous, I still can't believe that the sheer novelty of this pefume made me disregard it's predecesors and decide to give it a try.
My first surprise was the absence of a certain synthetic, nauseating note that I found in Sensuous and made me hate it instantly and permanently.
Sensuous Nude starts off magic, with a soft, tickling waft of non-foody vanilla. It transforms subtly into an elixir of relaxation and tender passion. Just like listening to sensuous R'n'B ballads just after you've watched a Victoria's Secret fashion show with the lights down low and a bar of chocolate next to you. If the imagery is not convincing enough, do drop by your fav perfume shop and give it a try. Oh, and take it home with you on a blotter. It grows on you.
I must note that the grand finale brings out a subtly yummy coconut note (it was so subtle for my nose that although I felt there was something edible about the scent, I couldn't tell what note was responsible). It also has a sweet woodiness that does not exactly set up a contrast with the edible notes, but rather tames them, makes them more comfortable.
A delight suitable for young women in their 20's.

Annica
Annica

I think there are almost no similarities between Sensuous and Sensuous Nude. Nude is much lighter and airy and also a bit soapy. (Not in a bad way though). I imagine that someone has had a really hot shower and opens the bathroom door. Out comes the scent of a spa bath foam. The scent of Nude fits more into the bath and shower series, but that´s of course just my opinion. Clean and fresh and sliiiightly powdery, while Sensuous is thick, sweet and honeyed. Very good but not very exciting. Easy to like but maybe not the scent you're looking for that will become your signature scent, at least not if you love oriental-woody fragrances (like I do). The scent stays about the same time on my skin as a shower gel. Not very long, a few hours, which is a minus.
Anyway, I recommend Sensuous Nude to those who have just started to sniff the oriental perfumes and are looking for the lighter scents.

Takhaet
Takhaet

Fantastic! smells of coconut , sandalwood ,peppr, vanilla and musk, Very feminine, i think its good for fall and winter as well as spring and summer. a nice journey to some exotic island :)

Bedbug
Bedbug

In theory, I should love this as it has some of my favourite combinations of notes. However, I tried it and it was so heavy and cloying on my skin. It also had a very old-fashioned scent on me.

The sillage was incredible though this was a negative for me as I couldn't escape the scent. It actually made me feel nauseous. At least it didn't last very long at all- maybe an hour.

Imagine being stuck on a bus on the hottest day of the year, sat nexxt to an old woman who has doused herself in her favourite fragrance. That's what Sensuous Nude smells like to me.

beatrix75

absolutly beuthiful superb nice fresh woody!!creamy!!

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

Hmm.. Remember the Azuree perfume in the blue bottle that EL and Tom Ford released a few years ago? Well, they have just changed the bottle and renamed it to Sensuous Nude. It's the same coconutty summer juice so if you loved that one, this is a must have scent. Why do perfume houses do this?

hannie5
hannie5

I absolutely love this scent! It is so sweet and addictive. I think it's a sweet and spicy thing. I first sampled it in a magazine but then had to try the tester in the store. Now I'm hooked and will be adding this to my long fragrance list.

MDWake8
MDWake8

Love it. Warm, spicy, clean and addictive. I keep wanting to spray more. My new day scent.

fenia
fenia

a very warm and comforting scent.i can only smell the coconut which i like a lot but unfortunately it doesn't last long :(

delphine67
delphine67

For me a lot of musk. Its a sweet and comfy scent wich I asociate with babys. Its a cuddly scent

beatrix75

its a lovely fragrance much good then the S noir wich is so aftershave smell!!

Aroussa
Aroussa

Is smells like Coppertone sun-tan oil! It's the coconut, that just jumps out at you at first whiff. Then comes the vanilla layers which is quite plain. It is only after about three hours that the very pleasant base is revealed... but that's simply too long to wait to enjoy your fragrance!

cicinka
cicinka

Definitely very similar to Versace Crystal Noir. I cant detect anything from Sensuous:( So wie...very disappointing for me, I bought it blind with a big expectation:(

TillyWave
TillyWave

I LOVE coconut. And I like the whole tropical thing. So I was very excited to try this.

Well! Thank goodness I did. It reminded me of flowers and fruits that were ripped from their moorings and left to float in some sort of forgotten lake. I don't mean this in a good way. The top notes and the heart have this watery quality, with diluted old flower and fruit scents that float their way to the top. The perfume smells hollow and too sugary to me without any richness or depth to round it out.

The only redeeming part of this is the drydown, which is nice, a more stable vanilla/sandalwood type skin scent. On me this has pretty good lasting power.

Bronze Goddess already does so well what SN purports to do. I am so glad I tested that and saved myself the $52 that this goes for.

Grasse
Grasse

This one is very similar with Hermes Eau Claire des Merveilles for women, Hermes is classic and pure.
Sensuous Nude of Estee Lauder is a modern version of it, mutch more coconutty, and less creamy.
It´s soft and nice, in a gourmand way,I like them
both!

caydesugar
caydesugar

oriental floral my asss lol haha. it smells nothing like flowers to me. just creamy coconut and sandalwood :)

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This pleasant and a little powdery,sweet in the beginning then softens , this is definitely a nude fragrance. Looking at the notes I dont detect them individually they blend to make a comfy creamy effect. It is very nice. Nude like the name.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

I had really high hopes for Sensuous Nude. Unfortunately, I found it a bit too sweet. It's nice, sure, but I would have liked it a whole lot better had it been less sweet and a little bit more woody, and with the coconut toned down just a notch. My search for the perfect "warm skin scent" goes on.
If you love sweet coconutty scents, give this a try.

JooCee
JooCee

Loved it from the moment I sniffed the little sample paper in a magazine. I gave myself a sweet paper cut while trying to rub the tiny bit of scent off of the paper and across my neck! LOL! My husband thought it was sexy and kept sniffing me and told me to go buy a bottle, so I rushed down to get a sample vial from Macy's so I could test it first after checking the cost. I seem to have trouble with scents fading away quickly on my skin. This was no different, I'm sad to say. It has amazing staying power when spritzed on clothing because I could smell it on my shirt the next morning, but on my skin????? gone within an hour... tops. Still, I am debating on purchasing it because I just adored it.

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

I sprayed this on my wrists in Boots. I loved the coconut, the florals are very pretty and the musk is just right to balance the florals and coconut. In all it's a very light perfume. Unfortunately, within half an hour it had completely faded, not a single trace left on either wrist.

Maybe others' will find it has better staying power but for me, I'd rather use a drop of The Body Shop's Coconut oil together with their Japanese Musk oil or Neroli Jasmine or even White Musk. The Body Shop's oils are great for mixing different combinations, cost less than Sensuous Nude and last an awful lot longer.

boruvka44
boruvka44

I am disappointed. Love Sensuous Noir and don't like original Sensuous too much, but at least it lasts a while and has its own originality. Nude is just plain sweet water with no lasting, celebrity kind of scent.
edit: ok, if you love coconut, give it a try.

antonpan
antonpan

Sensuous Nude has nothing common with regular Sensuous, Nude is a more "young" version I should say. For me this is the scent of coconut milk sugared by a whiff of vanilla. Sensuous Nude starts with a typical coconut vanilla accord, than it becomes fresher and fruitier and finally it turns into a musky vanilla coconut smell.

I think there is too much coconut here, the scent could be more delicate. But it's much better than, for example, Burberry Body.

This is yet another winner in terms of Sensuous flankers. Sensuous Nude is a deliciously honeyed and musky skin-scent, that surprisingly works well for most occasions and seasons.

The woods are of course front row centre in this fragrance, just like the original Sensuous, however they are much less pronounced. This is a delicate fragrance, on the verge of creamy sweetness yet nicely balanced.

Honey was the first note I detected in this composition, as it provided an interesting sugary accord which further complimented the musky woods and subtle citrus notes in the opening.

Vanilla and coconut, while not dominant ingredients in this blend, introduce themselves during the heart of this composition in a creamy and feminine way. I find the overall feeling quite soothing and inoffensive.

It's a touch powdery towards the drydown, which for me, adds to its appeal. I find its lightness refreshing and pleasing on my skin. While the scent does last considerably well, the muskiness does tend to make this fragrance settle so naturally on the skin that sometimes it is hard to detect.

Sensuous Nude is nothing out of the ordinary, but for what it's worth I am highly impressed. It's actually just that little bit sexy in the way that it envelops you in a cloud of comfortable warmth and softness.

Faerunner
Faerunner

I've been searching for a signature scent for years and I think I've finally found it. I didn't detect coconut at all in the first few sniffs but now that I think about it, I think I can tell where it comes in - as a warm, creamy smell and not the sharp, almost bitter coconut you'd get from sniffing the shredded stuff from the store. It's more coconut milk, really, and with the warm ambery, woody core of this scent it's a perfect combo.

The top notes are a little bit sharp but they dry down so fast into something amazing! It's like putting on your favorite sweater. Lighter and a little sweeter than the first two Sensuous fragrances, this is a fragrance I'd wear every day.

I've worked at the Estee Lauder counter before (as a fill-in, not full time staff and not trained by Lauder), so I've had ample time to test their fragrances. This one and Bronze Goddess are really the only two I'd recommend to anyone, and they both have coconut!

Solvita
Solvita

Nice perfume.Similar to Sensuous,but lighter,more gourmand,with a nice coconut milk note,really yummy.Tested it today on skin,unfortunately find it too heavy for me.But I like it very much.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

A coconut musk with just a hint of spice on a bed of powdery sandalwood. There is a cosmetic quality to the juice, like a fine face cream or body milk. It's sort of an anti-perfume, skinscent. Therefore a bit of a departure from the other very perfumy Estee Lauder fragrances.

Modern, clean, somewhat exotic, effortless.

Inspire0111

I love the original Snesuous and Sensuous Noir. Sensuous Nude unfortunately doesn't bear much resemblance to the other two perfumes in the "Sensuous" family. It is very mild. Coconut is the dominant note. As it dries down, it gets more and more woodsy. It lacks the characteristic spiciness, warmth, depth and creaminess that the other two perfumes have. It doesn't have good longevity either. Not bad but nothing too impressive as far as I am concerned.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

This is a very light version of the collection. I love the smell. It has a very summer, coconut vibe to it. It reminds me of Bath and Body Works Hawaiian Coconut...only lighter and more sexy. I don't think it is a perfume I will wear for fall or winter but I will keep it for summer....

I like all 3 versions of the Sensuous collection. They are all quite different from one another. As soon as I sprayed this one, I could smell coconut and musk. The longer the fragrance stayed on my arm, the more scrumptious it became. It melted into my skin with hints of vanilla, soft woods, and an extremely faint whisper of pepper. Flowers are not prominent. Nude does not play on the citrus notes the way that the original Sensuous does, and it is nowhere near as spicy and woodsy as Noir. Instead, it's soft and sweet and reminds me of Cashmere or Chloe Love. A wonderful scent for lovers of coconut.

daisy8
daisy8

Reminds me of Kenzo Amour (and yes- a little play-doh ish as someone mentioned earlier...)

katrosado
katrosado

The dry down is warm, creamy vanilla woods on me. It hovers very close to the skin. This is a romantic fragrance and by that I mean I will wear it on nights I know my Husband will be nuzzling close to catch the scent.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Today I sniffed this one the first time. First impressions; nothing special. Original Sensuous is THE ORIGINAL and must have. First Sensuous... is the most glorious. These others.. seems like copies from first one. Hmm, this is only my opinion ;D Vote for Originals ;)

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Spectacular!

Must have a bottle STAT! And I prefer this one over the original too.

Crazy but I get an herbal chamomile & mint tea with a shot of vanilla, honey, and coconut milk. That might not sounds very appealing, or tasty for that matter, but it works on me. I don't understand where my nose is getting the chamomile. Maybe from the sandlewood? And the mint? I have no clue. However, it's a very scrumpcious non gourmand combo that has me addicted. Sniffing vigorously before bed last night. I felt like a cat who just had a fix of catnip. Good stuff!

Update: I think the mint I was smelling was from my chapstick! LOL I didn't smell it the second time around.

cindo45
cindo45

Don't know what I was thinking....Maybe I was thinking "FALL FRAGRANCE" - but this is NOT for me. WAY too woodsy and/or oriental - I am a floral/fruity Girl! So if you are like me you will want to stay away... Also I so does NOT last at all - I guess that is a bonus for me, but could be a bummer for the rest - I am bummed cuz I purchased the 3.4 oz bottle - Really? What was I thinkin?

sky76sky
sky76sky

Hmm.

I get the feeling that if you LOVE Sensuous Noir & LIKE Sensuous then you may not find your heart is stolen by Sensuous Nude.

However, for those that find Noir & the original just "too much", this may be the Sensuous for you.

I simply adore S.Noir and being a lover of Sensuous & a big fan of the 2010 Bronze Goddess I had high hopes for Nude. I imagined that I would experience a ramped up, sensual night-time summer scent that would combine the best aspects of those Lauder perfumes. I was wrong.

Nude is so quiet & so shy of herself that she tries to hide beneath my skin & speaks in barely a whisper...I can hardly smell her!

What I can pick up is the lightest trace of the creamy woods found in the other Sensuous scents combined with soft, delicate skin-mimicing musk & a powdery coconut ice. Pleasant for a dry-down - but not for the whole scent!

Sillage is minimal, lasting power is suprisingly tenacious for something so quiet.

For me, S. Nude is not comfortable enough in her own skin to stand loud & proud...just another "nice" scent with no development & no clear distinction.

If you hate loud, bold, shocking & intruisive scents, have a penchant for coconut, & prefer warm & fuzzy skin-scents I would recommend you try Nude.

It's always better in your imagination, isn't it?

chowchow41

I got my Sensous Nude yesterday. I sprayed two times and i got bergamot combined with musk very fresh. Then the coconut and the melted woods shined trough, very nice, then it settles down into a nice coconut, vanilla, musk and woods mix wich i love on my skin. It's not a powdery overly sweet but comferting sweet scent it stay's close to the skin. Personally i like it.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

For some reason I just can't seem to wear Estee Lauder perfumes but someone gave me a sample of this one and I thought I would try it now that the next generation of Lauders has taken over the company. Nothing has changed. Once again my nose started to hurt -- I mean the perfumes from this house make my nose physically hurt and I don't know why. The coconut takes over the top notes. Other then that, this is a pleasant but overpowering powdery floral in the typical Estee Lauder style. Those that love that style will definitely go for Sensuous Nude. This is not one I will purchase.

jodee
jodee

I admit, the dry down is really great on this one. It's like a powdery..almost like a baby powdery/coconut smell to me. I really like this on the dry down. Coming right out of the bottle, not so much.

On my want list:D.

charlottesmom

It's nice, I get coconut and a bit of orange at first then it drys down to a nice musky vanilla, I like it but not enough to buy a bottle. It would be a great fall scent and I imagine this will be a great seller as it's appropriate for work and is a much appreciated non fruity floral scent (there is WAY too many fruity florals out there), overall very nice.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

This smells decent. It is a toned down version of Esprit D'Oscar in regards to its play dough ish note. Nothing special

melia
melia

A smoother less loud version of versace's crystal noir. And this actually does consist coconut. A peppery flowery smooth coconut... Smells a little bit like hair-product, but still nice :) like it.

melissa
melissa

My friend that works the EL gave me a sample of this. At first, I didn't really care for it- reminded me of Cashmere Mist. I put it on again tonight, and I notice that there is something in it a little different than before. I could have been having allergy issues the day before. I love the original Sensuous, but only in the cooler months. This could be a transition scent between the summer/fall change. I probably will purchase it.

chowchow41

You all make me so corious, i pre-orderd my sensous nude because in the Netherlands it is coming out in september. So i have to wait a little longer to test it. Can''t wait.

Cookie2
Cookie2

Dry down is amazing and is the pearl in this jewel's crown; much as the top notes are interesting, the warm and creaminess later is amazing and lasts for hours and hours - seems even to intensify. Great contracts between the first spray and the base notes -a really interesting perfume, in a good way - it's like two perfumes in one!

tammyk883
tammyk883

Initially I thought this was a great scent, but it lasted a whole 5 minutes and then faded. For the price you can't afford to reapply every few minutes. Just not worth the money in my opinion.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Mmm...this is wonderful! The original Sensuous didn't seem to work too well with my chemistry, but this one seems to be made for my skin.

As described above, the initial spray is a little bitter and citrusy, but this phase passes rather quickly. The sandalwood, musks, heliotrope and coconut combine into the most heavenly aroma that is very creamy and soft, but not too sweet. There is a hint of pepper to round things out, but it does not overpower this delicate scent. The woody notes also add some depth and sensuality.

This has to be one of the warmest scents I've ever smelled. It's so cozy. As others have said, it has a beachy feel but I would say not in the tropical vacation way. It's more the type of scent I would love to wear in the cooler months, when I wander the beach wrapped up in a warm, cozy sweater.

charlottesmom

Can't stop sniffing the paper strip (got one in a Macy's flier) will be trying this out on my next Macy's trip and will update this soon. I have extreamly high hopes for this scent! :0)

rainydays
rainydays

Delicious, delicate, and warm. Sensuous Nude really ended up being a lot more than I expected. I sprayed it on in passing and was greeted with gentle, lush coconut, reminiscent of suntan lotion. I noticed a peppery note after a bit, but it was always a little sweet with the coconut and vanilla, a little beachy from the sandlewood base. Couldn't stop smelling it, and now I have to have it!

Aqua218
Aqua218

I received a sample of the perfume and the body lotion at a local department store last week. I tested the perfume first and found that I couldn't smell it at all after about an hour. Next day I layered it with the lotion - much better staying power. About 5 hours. The scent itself is ok, but not great for me. It reminded me a bit of Clinique Happy which I dislike. My preference is for a stronger woodsy musk - this one is overly diluted by citrusy notes. I'm wearing the original Sensuous today - it's much more up my alley.

chowchow41

I am curious how this fragrance smells. I love sensous so i hope that this fragrance will be just as good. I hope it comes out soon, can't wait to try it.

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

I tested it briefly on my way past the Estee Lauder counter and I love it! Its on my want list now. Feminine and beautiful. Will need to use it again to write a detailed review but I like it enough to really want it!!

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

absolutely delicious! a blast of pepper at the opening, followed by citrus, followed by florals mixed with coconut water.

longer term drydown is a mix of woods, amber, vanilla & honey. I really like it . Sensuous feels too cloying to me in warm weather, but Sensuous Nude is just perfect. So pleased I bought it.

Serra
Serra

I was looking for something new and different from the floral I've worn and loved for a few years. Received a sample of this and really liked the way it develops from the citrusy start through the middle, where I really smell the muguet, to the end of warm woody-amber-musk. Bought a bottle last night and I love it!

Julie une femme

This is an update of my earlier review. I heavily doused myself in this to go out to dinner to test the longevity factor, and am sad to say that four hours is about it for Sensuous Nude and me. The next morning there was not even a hint of the fragrance on me. I like it so much though, that I may get this and buy the lotion in addition.

Alinaboo
Alinaboo

I've only smelled this via the new issue of Cosmo but it smells pretty good (if you ignore the glue and paper smell) I can't wait to actually test this one out!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is really yummy! It does not really resemble Sensuous or Sensuous Noir. It is sort of gourmand in a way but lighter. It is sweet too but not overly sweet or sickly. I really want to get a bottle of this.

melbritt24
melbritt24

The opening reminds me of Yves Rocher Neonatura Breath with the prominent bergamot but half an hour later develops into a sexy musk. I love this!!!

karlee79
karlee79

i liked this, i strongly pick up the coconut, not like fake coconut, it was like those creamy marshmallows with the toasted coconut on them, mixed with a little lemon. Or like a leomon mereange pie with toasted coconut. Yet i can still detect a hint of spice. This is not heavy at all. It is nice and different, someon will really love this. Who knows it might even be me, I have a sample so........

Julie une femme

I didn't like Sensuous, but I like this. The drydown moves in fairly quickly, so less than hour later one has mix of sandalwood and amber. This sort of struck me as a light take on Obsession, which I hated in the 80s. The sillage is not amazing on me. Three hours later I am left with just hint of musk, which is not bad either. I am trying a more liberal sample to see how this goes. Really, this is nice perfume for moi who could never get into the warm, woody, amber thing. I might get a bottle of this, which would be a new fragrance direction for me.

suile
suile

Just tried this today and won't be buying it as the coconut note overwhelms me. The fresh start disappears very quickly. Lovers of the coconut note may adore it, however.

Edit : It's certainly got staying power. Six hours later and having tried to wash it off twice, I still feel as though I am trapped inside a Bounty Bar, which I like to eat (plain chocolate version, preferably) but don't care to wear.

dmaw
dmaw

Tried a magazine sample...reminds me of Cashmere Mist.

Majda
Majda

Can't wait to try this ! Bronze goddes 2011 was such a dissapointment. I love coconut :)

Inspire0111

I have both the original Sensuous and Sensuous Noir and love both of them. Can't wait to try this even though I am not usually into coconut.

malwiniusia
malwiniusia

this has to smell wonderful ! i love pepperish scents, because a spicy perfume always is a bit mysterous, secret but very couragous ;) the coco in the heart-note probablz gives this perfume a sweet note ;) and the dry down is typical of sensous original !!!
i hope it smells as i want it to smell !!

Sensuous Nude by Estée Lauder 3.86 out of 5 based on 1041 ratings and 241 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Sensuous Nude fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Sensuous Nude, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sensuous Nude by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sensuous Nude by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.