Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Tuscany Per Donna Estée Lauder for women

Tuscany Per Donna Estée Lauder for women
dislike

Tuscany Per Donna Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Tuscany Per Donna is as sensual and bright fragrance as Italy itself. It is classified as a floral-oriental perfume. The top notes are made of rose, citrus and Mediterranean herbs. In the heart of the composition there are jasmine, carnation, honeysuckle and peony. Sandalwood, amber and vanilla are in the base.

Green Grass Plum Mandarin Orange Peach Hiacynth Grapefruit Bergamot

Honeysuckle Carnation Orange Blossom Violet Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Peony

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Cedar Styrax

Tuscany Per Donna
Samsara Eau de Toilette
Pavarotti Donna
Twilight Woods

Tuscany Per Donna Fragrance Reviews

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Tuscany is a summer in Italy. It smells of fruits and flowers in a cornucopia that is this fragrance. I love fruity florals and this is a full bodied long lasting very elegant and spicy form of fruity floral unlike others I've experienced. I can totally smell the peach, the plum and grapefruit in the opening. It has those 90's fruity openings like Lancôme Tresor, Donna by Pavarotti, Yves Saint Laurent Champagne, and Oscar de La Renta Volupte. Once the fruit fades away there's a kind of strangely beautiful intermission and it's honeysuckle's turn to show off. It's a very realistic honeysuckle scent which also blends with green grass. When I saw that this scent had green grass notes in it I was curious as to how it would smell. It's like the most beautiful perfumed grass I wish my own lawn smelled like that. The fragrance develops into a floral scent of lily of the valley rose, ylang-ylang and carnation. The carnation and ylang-ylang are the flowers that most stand out not just for me but apparently others that have smelled this and worn it. A friend of mine wears this and she also smells a lot of ylang-ylang. It's a beautiful field of flowers type of smell but not in a Glade air freshner type of way at all. Nothing cheap or synthetic about it just a classy romantic gorgeous flowery smell. The dry down reveals a lot of good things: aromatic styrax and sandalwood/wood notes. Gorgeous absolutely gorgeous.

Pastelstreets
Pastelstreets

I wear this and I feel gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
It lasts so long on my skin, I love it.
I will always have a bottle on me.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Tuscany is my favorite of the Estee Lauders, a brand I was never really hooked on. I also like their classic White Linen. Tuscany reminds me of Donna by Pavarotti. They are both one of those heavy fruity florals from the 90's. Beautiful. Rich. Decadent. Indeed this fragrance whisks me away to Toscana Italy and I can hear opera, Verdi's La Traviata, playing on a Victrola in the background. I see a balcony on a villa overlooking verdant hills and lots of vineyards, cobblestone streets, flirtatious busty Italian women with long dark hair and sexy peasant women's apron and dress offering men some grapes, oranges, peaches and grapefruit. This is how the fragrance opens by the way, with those fruity notes. It's summer time and there is an intoxicating aroma of love in the air. Sophia Loren is out there among the women, and she will find the wealthy man from Rome that is here to buy some fine wine from her father, but will take her away to adventure and heartbreak in Rome. Nine flowers adorn the heart of this perfume. They are honeysuckle, carnation, orange blossom, violet, jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, lily of the valley, rose and peony. In addition there is the hyacinth in the top note. Honeysuckle is prominent and provides a honeyed warmth to this sunny floral fragrance and it has a divine chemistry with the Ylang-Ylang and orange blossom. I can smell the carnation and lily of the valley which make this fragrance rather green, in addition to the top note of green grass. It's amazing how they were able to recreate what I just described: a floral field and hills of Tuscany. At the base we have warm glowing amber, sweet vanilla, soft sandalwood, some musk and cedar. The sandalwood is perhaps the strongest note here, and this is a luxurious masterpiece of the floral chypres. I am so in love with this fragrance and love to wear it when I have the opportunity to go to Italy, to Milan for Fashion Week. This is a wonderful fragrance. I own a vintage original formula and that's what I've been reviewing. I don't know if this frag has been reformulated but if it's been reformulated I'm pretty sure it can't compare to the beauty of the original. Tuscany Per Donna. You have to go there. Enjoy.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I have the vintage bottle, and it's lovely. If I run out, I might not buy more because the new bottles look CHEAP, and nowhere near as classy as the old bottles. What is Estee Lauder thinking? If this is what they are changing their bottles to, sales might drop off. There is no way I'd pay Estee Lauder prices, and end up with a perfume not even pretty enough to leave out on my dresser. What a shame.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Another one bites the dust.
I tried Samsara EDP yesterday and it was still lingering on my jacket - I'm not a fan of the underlying Guerlain smell of it but the dry down is to die for.
Back in the day I had the Aramis Tuscany Per Donna and to me it was better than Samsara, even though they were VERY similar.
Today I received a strip sample of Estee Lauder Tuscany Per Donna and it doesn't smell at all like Samsara anymore - it's just a harsh soapy mess.
Estee Lauder have clearly reformulated this and destroyed it. Won't be buying it again.

caitrun
caitrun

For all those out there appalled by Estee Lauder's "new" bottle designs for their classic fragrances, please go to esteelauder.com and send a letter to customer service! Let's tell them how we feel about this moronic choice they have made!!!!!!

Michylaka
Michylaka

I have had this for years and love it. Upon first spritz it is really strong and it is rather powdery. This fragrance at first is a very beautiful blend of so many different notes that for me it is hard to single them all out. The dry down is the magic with the Sandalwood and Amber lingering with what I smell of Peach, Carnation and Hyacinth. This is a very soft feminine scent and I love it!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Oh, for the first hour, I was regretting spraying this on at the store: essence of Estee Lauder and some weird combination of carnation and dry peaches. I kept sniffing my arm, though, and realized that if I smelled further from "the blast site" where I sprayed, I got a much subtler sandalwood note which was promising; ditto if I didn't shove my arm up to my nose. Maybe EL expects perfume wearers to be more subtle than I....I think this is a fragrance I should have done the spray and walk-through approach.

After an hour, I was impressed with the soft and very mellow sandalwood note, with a hint of fresh juicy peach. The sandalwood is like a very subtle version of EL Sensuous; much softer and with less spice, but just as lovely. Getting past the initial notes was key for me, then I was able to appreciate this complex scent.

Chava
Chava

Tuscany Per Donna is what I imagine Sophia Loren and Gina Lollobrigida smelled like! It's warm, spicy, and still elegant - wear this when you want to feel like a bombshell. I don't notice much of a sweet or fruity scent; this is mostly amber, cedar, and spicy florals. Sex appeal in a bottle!

arae
arae

This is a "Hot" perfume. It is a little spicier, and richer than I tend to wear- I am a white floral girl- but I was given a huge bottle of this many, many years ago by a man who found it irresistible, and so I wore it, and Opium, for quite some time. I found as I grew older my chemistry changed and it was less appealing. When it first goes on I get a big hit of fruit,powder, sandalwood and Iris. As it dries it gets better on me, but stays strong and very noticeable to others. A little goes a long way.It reminds me a lot of Elizabeth Arden's Red Door. Now I wear either Elie Saab Le Perfum,or Fracas at night, and Chanel Gardenia, or Alien Sunessence for day.

neckar
neckar

Una fragancia que permanece a la vez que no es estridente, muy fácil de llevar y muy femenina.

MLK
MLK

I love this fragrance. The peach opening is so soft and beautiful. It is a fresh fragrance and always makes me feel happy! Very pretty to wear.
It is extremely difficult to purchase this perfume in Australian stores as it has been discontinued - It was only available in stores for a short time in the mid 90's.
I found three, 100 ml bottles in a discount perfume store and bought all 3 of them. I think it will only be available to purchase online in Australia - but I think that I have stocked up enough.
I really enjoy this fragrance. P.s. We don't have the "new" design bottle of Tuscany in Australia as yet, still extremely difficult to find.

Update.....I've seen the new bottles that Estée Lauder is using for all their classic perfumes such as Tuscany, Cinnabar, Intuition etc.... While I loved all the unique original bottle designs and I miss them, I understand why EL has gone down this path... It's to be able to still bring us these amazing fragrances, rather than discontinue them, and of course still make huge profits for EL.... It's all business and marketing decisions. For me personally, I am greatful to still be able to purchase my favourite "classic" EL fragrances..... I will treasure my original bottles even more.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Among carnation, ylang-ylang and peach I find an unpleasant garlic note. It's short-lived but very strong. I wonder what it is I'm smelling. Otherwise, I can say that Tuscany per Donna is an elegant "grownup" perfume, but it lacks originality in my opinion, it doesn't stand out sharply against the background of similar floral woody scents. The projection is mild as well as sillage.
This said, I'm testing TPD on my skin, and it doesn't suit me, but I can see its potential - with the right skin chemistry it can be nice.

gatunachula
gatunachula

I'm from Spain and I've been using this perfume for over 15 years, and do not sell it here, so I buy it on ebay, I have some vendors, and everything sold in USA, is the best perfume that I like is none the, brings me great memories, love it

Albalonga
Albalonga

This perfume is available in Belgium or in USA? I need to know this because in my country I cant't buy it anywhere now.

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

sharp opening, then a sweet calm scent, it is an "ok " perfum, nothing more.

exciter76
exciter76

I'm repeating my review for the EL version of TPD as I've already written a review for the Aramis version. I have the Aramis version and I've tried the EL version. I can tell no difference. My opinion still stands.
______________________________________
I cannot help but tie this fragrance to nostalgia; I wore this fragrance to my senior prom. Nostalgia aside, this is actually a really enjoyable hearty fragrance. Tresor may have popularized the spicy pitted-fruit floriental trend of the 1990s but Tuscany Per Donna perfected that trend. TPD smells like the 1990s but it encapsulates the best of what the decade had to offer in a bottle.

TPD is distinctive, redolent with spice-laden stone fruit preserves. There are no spices listed but it smells spiced—I think the spiciness can be attributed to the carnation (I’m not a fan of carnation but it is so irresistible here). It does not take long for the vanilla, amber, and warm woods to imitate the scent of bakery goods—those fruit-filled butter cookies come to mind. It’s blissful! This decadent scent will stick around from first spray to next shower. The sillage and projection are typical of most 1990s scents: strong and sturdy.

I have an aged bottle—my second one—from the late-1990s that has only gotten richer with proper storage and time. I liked it when I was seventeen but I love it now that I am old (read: evolved) enough to appreciate all its phases. I love TPD for its unabashed personality and its ability to be gourmand at heart without being sickly saccharine.

r.grizotti
r.grizotti

For the record i'm 21 and i love this perfume with all my heart and soul!!!
my lovely aunt gave it to me for my birthday 7 years ago and since then it's my favorite fragance and i wouldn't change for any other scent that i have and i always get compliments.

though if you live in a very hot and humid country like mine (Brazil) you might wanna use it only at breezy nights and/or fall and winter nights (that's what i do)IMO .

i would describe it as a woody spicy yet fruity(?) if that does make a sense.

misterjohn
misterjohn

My wife only has a few fragrances, and this is one of them. I was sniffing around the other day and thought to myself that, since I really liked the smell of this one, I might give it a shot myself. (For the record, I am a guy.) Got a couple of compliments on it. for my money, the best part is the drydown--a wonderful blend of amber, cedar, and vanilla.

I also did a blind "fragrance challenge" with this scent. In the challenge, I wear two different scents, one on each wrist, and label them fragrance A and B. My wife and son give a couple of sniffs about an hour after initial application and pronounce judgement. I pitted TPD against The Dreamer by Versace (which is similar in some respects) and Aqua di Gio pour Homme (which is totally different). TPD won both challenges unanimously. Moreover, neither of them could tell that this was supposed to be a ladies scent.

Bottom line: A very interesting scent...for men!

lapurrla
lapurrla

@ Moyra - Hi, Estee Lauder took over the production from their Aramis division for some reason. EL have a formidable reputation for quality so I doubt that Tuscany per Donna has suffered x

docinheels
docinheels

With Tuscany, the addition of the wearer's natural skin base has a profound effect on this scent.

This is the only perfume I have ever worn that people actually follow me out of elevators (male and female) to ask what I am wearing- or simply comment "you smell so good" -and I don't overdo it.

I do agree, also, that "off the body" it can have disappointing results, (someone commented "dated") and that some ladies just do not have that spicy "base" skin to carry this one off...I am 44...and it is a mature, confident, sexy scent.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

Love this fragrance, and it does remind me of Tresor as well. So nice, had it in the 90's as a gift, very rich and feminine.

Moyra
Moyra

Color me confused...two major perfume houses have a perfume that is almost identical, one originally produced in 1989 (Samsara by Guerlain), one in 1993 (Tuscany per Donna by Aramis, the latter company being a sub company of Estee Lauder).
No one says a word. They say so little, indeed, that this huge fan of Samsara had no idea until an idle sniff-and-wander through local department stores yesterday.
I snapped up Tuscany immediately, its a good version of reformulated Samsara a la American "lite", less rich, less intense, but definitely very pleasant and wearable even in the torrid climate I live in.
I love having summer/winter versions of favorite perfumes and perfume styles, certainly Tuscany is a perfect Samsara sandalwood/vanilla for the summer.

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

A few years ago, I used to wear this in the fall and winter. I went through a couple bottles of it. Then...I'm not sure what happened. I started feeling like it was a little too sweet - the vanilla maybe? So I finished up what I had and started wearing Lolita Lempicka in cold weather.

I agree with other reviewers - this one is strong, even as an EDT. Apply it lightly. I find this to be true of all the Lauder fragrances I've tried. Good for them. They're giving the consumer his/her money's worth.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I was given this perfume for a good friend, I like it so much, it was a long time (about 1997). too bad I can't find it in my country 'cause for me was a pleasant and delicated scent.

miahreis
miahreis

I was given this perfume by a friend, and at first, I didn't like this one, it smelled so dated and 90's. But I sprayed it on my wrist this past winter, and I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. I detected a note that I just couldn't get enough of, kind of powdery in a way, and come to find out after looking it up on fragrantica, that it was vanilla! I'm so addicted to vanilla! This is an awesome perfume that has definitely grown on me, but please, please wear with a light hand, it can get overpowering very fast...one two spritzes at the most!

Jenbg
Jenbg

Sexy fragrance ...stay on power. People can't help but to ask what you're wearing. Very feminine.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Love this!!!!!

guest_LeeLee
guest_LeeLee

I had this when I was 21-22 and loved it. I also loved Tresor around that time in my life too. But it's a bit strong for everyday wear, and I wore it to feel special. Was very sexy too. Tresor was sweeter on me, and TPD was more richly warm and floral. It isn't as spicy/dry as Samsara is. I loved that too...Small world, non? I would recommend to use a light hand and be careful how much you wear with this one, especially if you are younger than 25. I would also say it's better suited to evening and romantic wear than daytime or office.

Oh this perfume has quite a story in my life! I used to have a smaller bottle in my early twenties, but when I had more money available they already discontinued it in Holland. So I gave up on it back then. Then walking in the city centre of Amsterdam, I saw a little store selling vintage perfumes (a bit like treasure hunter Amarilia). And the man there had a 100 ml EDP available. It was pretty expensive, but at least I had it again! Then I used to stare at the box with the beautiful flower print and ADORE it. Years later shopping in Manhatten I saw it available in stores! I was so jealous that they had it in the regular collection! I had been using my 100 ml EDP very carefully and now, years later, I have a backup from NathalieZ. You are GORGEOUS my sweetheart!

delphine67
delphine67

Lovely perfume. I had it some jears ago. Nice and comfy smell.

Amarilia
Amarilia

Iam so happy to rediscover Tuscany per Donna again. I wore it many many years ago back in 90's but suddenly lost it as it was discontinued by Aramis.
It took more than 10 years to find out that Estee Lauder is still producing it, and thank god it still smells the same as I remembered. I had to order from US though, cannot find in any European store or on-line. What a shame, this is a hidden gem!
To me Tuscany per Donna fits better to a woody-oriental group. It is deep, woody, sexy and extremely feminine.
I would call Tuscany as a little sister of Samsara. It is more floral and wearable than Samsara, with beutifull slightly powdery sandalwood-musky-vanilla drydown. Very long lasting and memorable. A little goes long way, don't need to reapply. If you like woody-orientals (or Samsara) give it a try!

Having already set foot on the sweetest of memory lanes by donning TRESOR for the first time in years, I could not resist indulging once again in TUSCANY PER DONNA, which I have always viewed as a close cousin in spirit, flavor, and form. And I do mean flavor!

TUSCANY, too, offers a blast of sweet rose with lots of vanilla and peach, but this fragrance has a somewhat better defined development trajectory than TRESOR. Which I suppose is fairly faint praise, since TRESOR is practically linear to my nose!

TUSCANY dries down to a still very sweet but also woody-spicy layer with more depth than TRESOR, perhaps because of the panoply of other notes, most of which are simply drowned out by the peach-vanilla-plum-rose tour de force. It's funny though, I always preferred TRESOR before. Today, TUSCANY seems slightly more perfumey than TRESOR, and I love the scent of both, but they seem so very far away from the chypres I've been wearing of late.

I think that's okay though. I can love the music of Elvis Costello and J.S. Bach at the same time, so why not TRESOR and TUSCANY alongside MITSOUKO and L'HEURE BLEUE?

Sashinka
Sashinka

I like this but think it smells an awful lot like Guerlain's Samsara.

Loved it for decades and decades. Very classy & italian style. Very sensual as well.

chanteuse
chanteuse

About 10 years ago my mom had this fragrance and I liked it. It was very complex and rather sweet. Very floral. Now however, I find it too traditional and out-dated.

Femme1
Femme1

For many years, Tuscany was my signature frangrance, and I always received many compliments. On me, the floral doesn't overwhelm the fruit and bergamot notes, but my favorite are the basenotes---amber, cedar, and vanilla. It's a warm womanly scent, and with a touch of sweetness.

Leesee
Leesee

I happened upon this scent a few weeks ago when I was testing some Lauder fragrances and I very nearly bought some. There was something about its bracing mix of citrus and carnation that caught me off balance and held me in its spell for several minutes. In the end I went home with a bottle of Knowing, which in hindsight is truthfully more my style. But if you have dismissed the Lauder lineup as too floral, too mass-market, or too anything, give Tuscany Per Donna a sniff. It may just change your mind.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

When I smell this fragrance, I think of an atrocious flower bed with bees hovering over them and stealing the nectar. Although Tuscany provides imagination for me, I really don't like this at all. I hate hyacinth, and I am able to detect that the most out of it. I don't really get any of the fruits except for maybe the peach. I also smell carnation, and the carnation note in Tuscany reminds me of Guerlain's Terracotta Voile D'Ete, which I do like. Tuscany just isn't for me, it's a very 70's vintage fragrance (although released in 1985?). Reminds me of vintage fur coats that have been stuck in an old, stuffy closet for years covered in cobwebs. And this perfume just so happened to be with that poor coat in the closet.

Urban Skies
Urban Skies

Sweet and fruity, yet elegant.

2007