Designers » D E » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Youth-Dew Amber Nude Estée Lauder for women

Youth-Dew Amber Nude Estée Lauder for women
dislike

cinnamon
Youth-Dew Amber Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures Youth-Dew Amber Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures Youth-Dew Amber Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures Youth-Dew Amber Nude Estée Lauder for women Pictures

Youth-Dew Amber Nude by Estée Lauder is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Laudamiel. Top notes are magnolia, ginger, cinnamon, tea and grapefruit; middle notes are carnation, jasmine, ylang-ylang and black rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli and vetiver.

Magnolia Ginger Cinnamon Tea Grapefruit

Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil

Youth-Dew Amber Nude Fragrance Reviews

Msgreenpebble
Msgreenpebble

Gorgeous- a new acquisition I purchased untested in the hopes of capturing of the the softness and warmth lost in the new the Youth Dew reformulation. It is like going into the op-shop to find a perfectly buttery leather jacket and (gasp!) it's in your size. You think, "why it's only $10, the ladies at the counter mustn't realise it is 1970's Hermes!". You handover your cash, slip the jacket on and feel like never taking it off.

A zesty opening, and a gorgeous long sandalwood dry down with a peak of dried rose and a dash of Amber Sultan. Very very wearable, delicious but never 'sweet'.

Extra points for the beautiful 1970's styling...

wjones35
wjones35

Ok. So I have been wanting this fragrance for the longest time. I love amber so the name told me I had to have this. Plus, EL makes great fragrances. I lucked up and found 1 bottle of this at a mall kiosk. I know, frown your faces. But the price was affordable, so I jumped on it. I could not wait to open my gem. I open the box and sprayed. That's where the joy ended. It smelled old. I could've kicked myself for the purchase. I put it back in the box and put it away. After several days I decided to retry my find. I'm sooooo glad I did. Do not write this fragrance off. I figured out the secret to ELAN. Don't smell yourself. Seriously. This scent will throw you. The scent of air you leave behind is divine. Oh my goodness! You can tell it is youth dews cousin, but it is it's own person. And I'm not totally sure everyone will be able to see the connection to YD, but they will know you smell great. It's warm, it's slight cinnamony, and oh is it sexy. Please get one if you can, and give it a moment before you try and give it away. Tom Ford did an exceptional job. I'm loving the air around me!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Oh no! Essence of Estee Lauder strikes again! I simply cannot wear nearly all EL fragrances (except for my darling Sensuous), and it appears that—at least from the first 30 minutes—Youth Dew Amber Nude is no exception. The first blast is a bitter, acrid smell which leaves me searching for words other than “pee” and “bug spray”—I find those descriptions unoriginal and unhelpful, but that’s the impression I get. Is this the carnation? I’m not sure, but it is not pleasant; I decide to persevere, mostly because scrubbing would leave me late for work and without a perfume for the day.

After the first hour, things are starting to mellow slightly. The key seems to be NOT to sniff my wrist heavily, but to let things waft up toward my nose. I’m pretty sure what is the carnation is now more floral and less urine, but that ammonia-esque note is still there. I’m also puzzled: is there oud in this scent? Some of the strange bitter chemically-ness is similar to what oud does on my skin. I am smelling something like cedar, too—sharp and woody, but not unpleasant.

Where is the amber? I can’t smell it—not a warm, nor a cold amber; not incense or vanilla. I can’t smell sandalwood, cinnamon or even patchouli. Maybe on someone else’s skin, this would smell like a seamless composition of notes—for me, sadly, it’s just an indistinct blur of cedary bitter acidity.

I hate writing negative reviews, so I’m trying to write at least a helpful negative review. Will be looking to swap this one soonest.

naomi.scott
naomi.scott

This lasts 10+ hours on me, One spray on my naval and it wafts up to me through my clothes all day and is still descernable the next day. I should hate this perfume as I loathe most gourmand perfumes and absolutely hate vanilla but I can't stop myself with this. It's amazing and I'm wearing it to get me into the Christmas spirit.

jessica.collins
jessica.collins

I cannot wear the original. It makes me sick. But this one is a different story, so long as i use a tiny bit, we compliment each other very well. Perfect scent for fall/winter.

MUST8936
MUST8936

It's a kind of magic in winter's tale.

judyk
judyk

On me YDAN is a gentler, but still potent, version of YD, enriched with extra amber. Love YD, love amber --> Happy bunny! Perfect on a wet and windy day like today.

Fraglover3
Fraglover3

This is very nice! Call me crazy but it smells like Coca Cola mixed with spices? In a good way of course! Kind of reminds me of Coco Chanel.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

A warm, golden, ambery concoction, redolent of incense and spice. Opens with a burst of grapefruit and ginger, which is quickly overwhelmed by cinnamon and tea notes. The magnolia is very subtle, but pairs well with the lingering grapefruit, to give a fresh lemony lift to an otherwise heavy opening. I think it is best not to compare this to Youth Dew at all, but to consider YDAN independently of its predecessor; this is no mother daughter flanker relationship; these two are more like kissing cousins.

Very potent, like Youth Dew, though. Fabulous projection, silage and longevity, so spray carefully. I know many folks don't get florals with Amber Nude, but I find the heart a wonderfully fragrant floral accord, all buttery and soft, with a very powerful carnation that reinforces the spicy cinnamon, giving a clove effect to further amp the already powerful incense. It is spicy and peppery and works beautifully with the rose note.

I honestly don't know what they mean when they say this is a black rose. I grow roses, so I am skeptical on all fronts. By the time you hybridize enough to create a black rose, well, first it isn't really black, and second it doesn't smell. But, that is another topic. I do smell rose, though, quite clearly, and if I had to give it a color I would say a deep carmine red. Blood red. The jasmine is powerfully present and indolic, over-ripe and animalic, pairing with the ylang ylang to produce a very rich floral accord that struggles to be heard above the ginger, tea and cinnamon.

For me, it is when the amber, patchouli and sandalwood begin to dominate that everything falls into place. One of the best ambers ever, although it is rarely mentioned when amber-centric perfumes are discussed. Very warm and rich amber, balsamic, vanillac, and resinous. The sandalwood is lovely, soft and woody, sweet and heavy. With the patchouli and vetiver, very green and exotic.

This reminds me of absolutely nothing else. It is not Youth Dew light, it is not Youth Dew gone wrong, it is its own creature: sexy, but certainly not girly or "fun"; this is a serious fragrance to be approached with caution and handled with care. I have two backups and I still learn something new every time I wear it. Today I am wearing one spray at work and it seems almost gourmand to me today, all cinnamon and clove and black tea goodness. Later in the day it will be all about incense and wood.

Lasts and lasts, and projects big. Will fill a room unless lightly applied.

maximova
maximova

I have this perfume I like it but not for me.
It was the old good times when Tom Ford worked for Estee Lauder.

soniamcalear

This is ONE HELL OF A HEADY PERFUME!!!!! It is not light and NEVER WILL BE!!! DARK, DARK, DARK!!!! Im on the fence about this scent really. I only wore it during the winter because you would gag in the summer thats for sure. Not terrible but not overly beautiful either. THERE SHOULD BE A WARNING LABEL ON THIS ONE!!!!

Jillita
Jillita

A little goes a long, long, long, way, and it's for the adventurous. Apart from Clinique Aromatics Elixir, this is the scent that gets the most notice, as in: "Oh, my God, what are you wearing?" I think Tom Ford has the rare ability of capturing the essence of the sex in a bottle, and if you can't spend a fortune on his 'private blends,' and I can't, this is the next best thing. It's fall-winter, dark, moody, musky, smoky, sandalwood-referenced, wildflowers past peak, with a hint of cedar dry, heading into burning leaves, clove, ginger, cardamon, nutmeg, like a Thanksgiving dinner indulgence with a secret assignation that follows. An epicurean's delight, it's at turns herbaceous then, musky, and it has to be an ostracized outsider among the other cheap drugstore acquisitions. If you spray it on paper, you get a whiff of peppermint and rubbing alcohol and you're in the medical clinic and so you move on. Which is understandable, but a mistake. On the skin, with time to develop, and I imagine it is different on everyone who wears it, beyond the cedar, clove, ginger, pepper, you also get sweet female animalic musk, tea with lemon, and rich amber. It lasts forever; sillage for days. Enjoy it...sparingly, and with someone very special.

leefidan
leefidan

Aloha! I have a 2.5 oz bottle of Youth Dew Amber Nude and I only sprayed it a couple times. Did not care for it which may be due to our tropical, balmy weather in Hawaii.Will send it to someone in the U.S. free of charge. Please message me if you are interested.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

I have Youth Dew as my signature scent so I insisted on trying the YDAN version. In my opinion they are totally different beasts. YDAN reminds me of ginger beer stored in a wooden keg to age. The floral notes do not pop out on my skin...I do get a bit of the tea....but mostly it is a deep woody vibe. I'm on the fence with this one. Might see if it grows on me more and maybe try it in the fall when the weather is cooler.

tanzp
tanzp

i got this yesterday and omg its vile , i love woody perfumes but this reminds me of tabu yuck!

Nefertiti106
Nefertiti106

Well this is my first review ever and boy did I pick a challenge!

I've always wanted to adore YD and I do on other people. But it was always Bleugh on me.

I've been searching for something to replace my HG of ambers .... ironically another TF amber absolute.

YDAN is in my opinion better.

Think woman not girl. ALL WOMAN! Black silk as opposed to white nylon lace. Creamy velvet skin instead of fake tanned orange leather.

This is an extremely confident perfume and provokes a lot of comment when I wear it.

I usually wear it when I need to make an impact but in a classic sensual way.....exuding female personal power.

I had one very senior gentleman in a business meeting actually sniff my neck in a completely unconscious way who then crumpled in complete embarrassment at what he'd done

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This has a distinctly amber fragrance chord to it which with my chemistry, goes completely medicinal - almost as if I had slathered cough syrup on my skin. I much prefer the original blend of Youth Dew, (you can read my review of the original Youth Dew and you will definitely see "why" I like that particular fragrance).

I'll admit that my chemistry is sometimes very fickle. The fragrances that a lot of other people like, sometimes do not work on my skin and "turn" after about 10 - 20 minutes.

Give this a try with your chemistry, you may really love it! It definitely has a strong presence of sandalwood, so if you LOVE sandalwood, this could definitely be your thing!

davitea
davitea

Smells like a mix of 1/4 of the original Youth Dew and 3/4 of Chanel's Coco. If you compare the notes you'll notice they are very similar, only this one has cinnamon and Coco has cloves.
Beutifully rounded, voluptous perfume for women, not for youth.

Clyn11
Clyn11

I have found a way to make YDAN more wearable!! I love YDAN but I find the incense like heart too strong...I didn't want to give up on this frag as I find it so bold yet classy and quite like the boozy + cola note.

So I adjusted the juice by mixing it with another sweet perfume --Halston Amber woman. On a flat ceramic plate I sprayed YDAN once and on then on top of that 1 spray of Halston Amber. Using my pinky finger gently mixed them and dabbed (not rub) back of my knees/elbows/wrist. WOW! I am in love with this...the kind sweet amber of Halston softened the incense note (that was probably from the clove-ish carnation). Technical perfumistas might be opposed to mixing it this way, but it worked for me so I'm happy.

I imagine what you choose to mix it with should not stray too far from YDAN so it keeps its integrity, yet strong enough to hold it's own notes. Otherwise, the carnation will just kill it. I imagine sweet cinnamon scents like Dolce Vita, Cavalli's Oro, Casmir, EL's Amber Ylang Ylang etc would do well but I have yet to try it. A spray each worked wonders but I am thinking of trying out different ratios as well....perfume adventure!

rottannie
rottannie

Very very VERY strong. To me it smells medicinal cinnamon. I sprayed once on my wrist, tried to give it time to dry down but it made me nauseous, so I scrubbed it(after 30 minutes)....scrubbed it again....and its still projecting stronger than any other perfume I've ever tried. I wish I liked it. The longevity and sillage are amazing.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

This has a very strong and almost bad opening, a blast of cinnamon and other warm spices, almost too warm. But later after an hour or so, it becomes quite cozy and elegant, although a bit coca-colish :) One spray around your belly button should be more than enough.

fdmc
fdmc

Extremely sedutive, engaging, warm sensaction that conveys a warm, intimate and radiant trought the cannamon, dark flowers, spices and black rose.
A true work of art created by the great Tom Ford and Estée Lauder.
Love having this perfume but not against the save at any location.

100mlEDT
100mlEDT

Back in my days as a Beauty Advisor and Resident Makeup Artist at Estée Lauder, Myer Sydney City there was an extensive line of fragrances on the counter.  I wanted to know them personally, to wear and experience the releases Estée Lauder gave the world. Decade after decade, a historical time line of fragrances show casing perfumery styles.  It was the trend setters vs the best sellers. The name sake Estée and a whole Private Collection.  6 Men’s fragrances and a swag of flankers. It was my job to wear, recommend and sell fragrances to the customers of Estée Lauder.I was completely spoiled for choice!  I started with the ground breaking and historic vintage classic Youth Dew, which was originally conceived as a bath oil in 1953, then quickly fell in love with the 1969 animalic leather stunner Azuree.  I admired the ultra feminine aldehydic florals Alliage and Beautiful and to be totally honest I only fell in lust with naughties starlet Pleasures.  You should have seen the number of Pleasures flanker Christmas gifts packs I had to count one afternoon in the store room of late October 2010. ‘Ridiculous’

In 2005 Tom Ford lent his talents to recreating the first fragrance that pushed Lauder into the stratosphere she orbits today. Sending in a man to reinvent a woman’s work, how would he pay homage to Youth Dew. Could he produce a perfume variation even Estée herself would be proud of?  It sounded risky and bold, but on the other hand a genius idea to give the old girl a dressing up by Ford, adding modern nuances and flavour while honoring its heritage.

Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Top: Magnolia, ginger, cinnamon, tea, grapefruit
Heart: Carnation, jasmine, ylang-ylang, black rose
Base: Sandalwood, amber, patchouli, vetiver.

Opening
From the very onset it is clear Amber Nude has Youth Dew graciously riding shotgun! Like a conscious voice in your mind it still has that famous recognisable balsamic undertone. Youth Dew Amber Nude is amped up with a boozy and brash opening. A giant rum soaked sucker punch that is entirely intoxicating, causing me to inhale as much of the bright citrus top notes as possible.  Its a muddled cocktail that is just too divine to sip. Waxy lemon tinged magnolia, tangy sweet grapefruit and cinnamon spice create a superb introduction that marries old with new! Tea is also included but I think the pot has been spiked! hmm?

Heart
Its not until you live through the opening and get settled that you realise Amber Nude is in fact from a totally different gene pool to the Youth Dew mile trailing sillage monster. Clove-ish Red Carnation and narcotic Jasmine replace orchid, lilly of the valley and cassia (earthy, spicy, aromatic cinnamon).  To my nose the tweaking of Youth Dew Amber Nude has added beautiful softness that was absent in the original, giving it modern refinement. Where there once was hefty tumbler of pure malt whisky now sits black rose and rich banana toned ylang ylang that harmonise with the floral bouquet. Compliments guaranteed!

Dry Down
Amber Nude’s dries down to base notes sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver and ‘the concentration has been halved’ (quote) according to Ford.  Genius if you ask me.  I felt Youth Dew was sometimes too much of a good thing.  Absolutely a iconic fragrance I wanted to wear out of love, respect and honour but it just demanded too much attention.  And then there’s that classic association, I won’t even breath it.  Here is a fact Perfume Junkies!  Youth Dew’s reputation spans almost 60 years.  Its clear we have another Queen celebrating a Diamond Jubilee.  Tom Ford lastly adds a dark chocolate accord that recalls bitter dark squares of 80% cocoa.  A noticeable skin scent that lingers on the skin up to 10 hours after the first spritz. Did I mention Youth Dew Amber Nude is sexy as hell.  I have decided the Amber Nude experience is the best of Youth Dew with a Tom Ford frock and accessories to match.  Vintage Retro is now runway ready.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Smells very similar to some Indian temple Incense

mamta173
mamta173

honestly speaking i bought this perfume coz some1 told me that it is spicy and it lasts longer ( i dont have a sensitive nose so i dont go for perfumes with that light smell and my skin just sucks up all the fragrance..so i opt for perfumes that last long)

It is indeed a very spicy perfume....it draws attention. lasts long as well. i love it!

neenets
neenets

I am not familiar with the original YD, but the minute I smelled this at the department store I knew I had to have it. But I hesitated and missed the sale and then it was gone and I could not find it anywhere. I felt miserable, this scent kept haunting me. It's something quite different: herbal and boozy and slightly spicy, and not too sweet or flowery. I'm now a happy owner of a bottle of it (thanks for ebay), and I use it only one or two sprays at a time (it's quite strong) on days when I need to lift my spirits. It never fails to make me happy!

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Lov it !!!! To my nose is Coco Chanel's sister, amber-sweet .In two words : elegant and alluring . For young ladies with attitude and elegant posture . Good for cold days , because it's sweetness is warming you .

adair58
adair58

I decided to try this blind, after reading the reviews here, and searching for a more complex scent than anything I've ever owned. It was my first experience discerning notes, and I think I hit most of them! I loved it from start to finish, especially after 20 minutes...turned into something beautiful on my skin. It is a good thing I love it, I got a 2.5 oz. bottle on Ebay for cheap!

Intriguing and fun, just like the reviews :)

HelenAnn
HelenAnn

The only perfume I have ever purchased over the phone! I loved the original Youth Dew and read that this was a lighter fragrance. But no, it sits in my perfume chest just looking beautiful, too strong and sickly, reminds me of decaying leaves on a forest floor.

ineverwas
ineverwas

This one is a really lovely amber-oriental perfume, that keeps the charm of the old-fashioned style that it follows, but never at any point, manages to feel outdated or old. Amber Nude is a modernized classic, strongly inspired by the original and unforgettable Youth Dew, but with a more contemporary feel to it.

The notes are very well blended, and the whole composition feels incredibly rich, sensual and opulent with a texture like warm liquid gold. Sweet amber, spicy cinnamon, bitter carnation and creamy sandalwood and patchouli mix together to give birth to a very balmy elixir that feels lavishly elegant and expensive. It's perfect for a night out at a luxurious event.

Amber Nude is a very sensual fragrance, exceptionally sexy and alluring in a silver screen femme-fatale fashion. In my opinion this is one of the best ambers around (the feminine, seductive, vintage-style type), with very good lasting power and amazing projection.

And another thing that's amazing about it is the very affordable price at which it can be purchased online. Nice job, Estee Lauder, Laudamiel and especially, Tom Ford, on this one.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I used to have this perfume and I really liked it. Firstly, I am glad that EL kept this version of Youth Dew very similar, yet distinctly different to its original namesake. Before I even tried Amber Nude I had imagined something vastly 'teeny bop' & not sophisicated.

Youth Dew Amber Nude is very sexy and sensual, but still demure and classy. In my opinion, Amber Nude is just a bit lighter with maybe a bit more of a citrus undertone than the original. That combined with the black rose & truffle (not listed here, but according to EL) really turns this into a lusty brew that I cannot stop indulging in!

iokasti
iokasti

I had this perfume and gave it to my cousin.I didn't like it smells just like the incense we use in our orthodox churches in Greece -very strong smell!

EK

birdofparadise - there's one simple way to know if a perfume is good: If you like it, it's good! That's all there is to it. Don't rely on others' comments unless everyone throws up around you!!

I used to love my Amber Nude, but after a few years of use it suddenly cloyed on me. No idea what happened to my nose/skin/whatever it was.

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

Just got my long-awaited bottle of this totally sealed and unused and at first wrist spray i thought "What the....? Have I been sold an old fragrance?" I wanted so much to believe in everything good I had heard about it but I just felt dissappointed wtih the first notes. It did mellow into a warm incense smell after about 1/2 an hour and I decided to spray it on and go to the cafeteria to see its effect. No-one commented. Hmmm. If you don't know a fragrance how do you know if its still good or not? I'm going to give it a few days and try again. I really want it to be good.

2weeks later and I'm loving it. I know what to expect when I spray it on and am basking in its warmth and yes, sexiness. On the days I wear it , I dress for it and with Autumn coming in this is becoming my favourite fragrance.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Please do not waste your time or money..unless you like really strong..old-smelling..harsh..uugh..I had to scrub my skin 6 times..it permeated my skin, I have never had a fragrance tattoo...freaked me out.

kris919
kris919

spicy, heavy, bold, re-formulation of YD by Tom Ford. The inclusion of amber makes this perfume a tiny bit little less dated than the original Youth Dew..which I have in bath oil form. BUT Amber Nude still has very much an old fashioned feel, most defintely. One spray is more than enough with this one,(it's all you'll probably want). It lasts all day. Stifling and a little disturbing as well, this is a perfume you need to be in specific moods for. Kinda like "it's winter and you're disgusted with everyone around you, and you just want to shop all day and ignore everyone you see, but since you're wearing YD Amber Nude, they sure as hell know you're around...and they hate you right back. But you don't care because you just found 2 great pairs of shoes on sale and you got them by pushing 2 hideous women out of your way". And maybe the other mood is confident, secure, snarky older woman going out to lunch with her older female friends discussing how slutty the waitress looks in between bites of a stuffed pepper. Or me...I've worn it a few times when I went to antique stores hunting for full vintage perfume bottles. It just seemed kinda right

boruvka44
boruvka44

Divine, lightly sweet warm amber with polished wooden furniture, good old work. Perfect for cold winter nights. It's like sitting at a fireplace in dark quiet room, drinking hot bitter orange tea, outside is howling snow storm, but you are nice and warm. Cozy, kind of Christmas scent. Cognac, ginger, orange skin, amber, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, fermented fruit, dark chocolate, coke:) YUM

mystica

Smells divine, smells like a church. and I love the smell of churches. in Amber Nude I also smell myrrh and incense.
Very comforting, enveloping, soothing, and this is what also sexy means to me.
A real perfume. Composition, sillage, projection, longevity, depth, everything is just excellent.

EK

My relationship with Amber Nude has turned out very strange. I got it as a present and loved it from first spritz, sensual, warm, heavy, classy, it's all been said below.
Lately I've found it suffocating and close to foul?!
I can't blame it on a change of chemistry or the perfume gone bad, it smells the same on me as always.
Neither can I blame it on a change of preferences. I still love orientals, vanilla, heavy scents..
I have no clue what happened here. Sadly, I can't seem to get rid of it in the swap thread - I'll probably give it to my daughter eventually, she'll love it.

jtd
jtd

Nice-smelling amber saved from simplicity by a dull rubber note that balances the amber’s syrup. (Also, less Youth Dew than Cinnabar.)

karlee79
karlee79

there is dark cchocolate in this! they missed that note

taboo2287
taboo2287

smells like good porn!

2whit2quit
2whit2quit

I got told by a 60+ woman that I'm just too young for this bold fragrance. I don't care..I love this and it smells even better as the day goes on.

mystica

What a wonderful ambery treatise on Youth Dew without ever altering its original character... I very much appreciate this perfume.

Klang und Duft
Klang und Duft

Opening: Plastic doll head in an old trunk in the attic, with grandma's old clothes when she used to be a harlot. Heart: Wafts of cinnamon and amber from scarfs once doused with perfume that were draped over her night lamp. Drydown: Oh, how those family secrets come to light from an old trunk in the attic. Lovely! ★★★★

Miffymuffin
Miffymuffin

Really wanted to like this. I spotted two samples for sale on eBay so thoght I'd try before splashing out on full size bottle. So So glad I did. It start off as everything I wanted it to be. I got citrus and spices. It reminded me of Goya's Aqua Manda, which sadly is no more. After an hour or so it smelled like melted plastic on me and gave me a stinking (literally) headache. Such a shame as for the first hour it was gorgeous. I'll be using the rest sparingly and washing it off when the plastic smell appears.

lizzykay

I prefer Amber Nude to YD since its reformulation. It has the familiar gorgeous spicy oriental notes that dry down so beautifully. When i unload my washing basket the clothes I have been wearing with YDAN smell divine! It lasts well yet it is not in-your-face like YD could be. I can't honestly say I smell chocolate - more amber and cinnamon after the floral dries down. It is a clever concoction - familiar yet modern at the same time and now a firm favourite. Shame it is getting hard to get hold of now.

At first very strong-spicy-smelling scent - then it turns into a deep amber-ish scent. Soft and warm. For a grownup woman! I thought this would be a "room-killer" but insted this scent stays close to the person who wears it!

Först upplevde jag denna doften som skarp/stark och kryddig, efter en stund mjuknade den ner till en härlig varm amber/patchouli doft som stannar nära den som bär den - för kvinnan mitt i livet, tycker jag. På en ung tjej är den kanske malplacerad i mitt tycke.

Scarlet.Anemone
Scarlet.Anemone

I don't know why, but Im truly addicted to this fragrance. Sometimes I will just open the cap and inhale the smell straight from the spray nozzle. I really like it, it smells like a whiskey to me (Im a lover of Chivas, neat only). So what do you get when you spray this juice? As for me, I get that whiskey smell as opening. Then ginger and cinnamon will join along as citrus aroma quietly appear together. On my skin the floral note will rise after long hours. Mostly I can smell soft amber and sandalwood note (which I like the most) as well as patchouli & vetiver (not too much though). Those notes will stay for 3-4 hours while floral notes like rose slowly kicking in. Certain fragrance act really weird on my skin, they don't behave like what they should. Sillage and longevity is good compared to some fragrance which I have. One of the cleaner staff and my colleagues in my office compliment me when I was wearing this.
------------------------
For those of you who like oriental fragrance, you should try this. Especially in winter. Not too heavy, but really nice, warm and comforting. Oriental? Yes, very much. But oriental vanilla? No, i don't think so. As someone who was formerly very fond of vanilla fragrances (especially Dior Addict which is still captured my heart until this moment), I didn't smell or notice any vanilla note in YDAN. To me, YDAN is more like soft amberish-spicy-floral which is really nice and captivating. Or should I say, sexy in its own way? (LOL, really! Im not joking!)

I can say I don't mind stocking up this for few bottles since it's difficult to find now.

Estee Lauder YOUTH DEW AMBER NUDE, like its namesake, has an intangible catacombic quality to it, somehow conveying the aura of not exactly death but something sickly or moribund--or perhaps simply petrified. The juice reminds me a bit of what I imagine would be the smell of a Coke and bourbon that someone didn't finish drinking at a party and which then sat out overnight. The next day the host has the task of cleaning up and is accosted by the strong, dark, alcoholic smell now flat and entirely unappealing.

YOUTH DEW AMBER NUDE does not smell like amber to me, and if I were to compare it to another perfume, I'd say that it comes closest to TABU without the skank. Is this really the smell of Catholic churches? Thank "God" (or reasonable facsimile) I'm agnostic. Could be a skin chemistry issue, but this one's definitely not for me. Désolée.

***
Update: having now read the reviews in The Guide of YOUTH DEW and YDAN (both of which receive 4 stars), I am forced to modify my earlier hypothesis. I no longer believe that LT is an EL shill. I now believe that he is a middle-aged suburban middle class housewife who spends his afternoons collecting gwps from the EL counters of major department stores.

lizzykay

YD was the first perfume I really fell in love with. I only had a small bottle and wore it for only the most special and intimate occasions so it is close to my heart even though I now find it a little too rich for the times. As many people seem to gag at it as adore it.
At first spray I was disappointed in YDAN. It was pleasant enough, floral in a modern way and not much sign of the oriental spicy sexiness that YD stands for. But slowly as the hours went on it grew more and more gorgeous. And then it did show its sibling relationship to YD but in a rather quiet way. So I am pleased now to have found the compromise - nearly as gorgeous as YD but more wearable.

zumrut
zumrut

I love it, no need to decorate with words;it's lovely.It's something like a traditional drink called 'sherbet' in Turkish, because of the cinnamon in it,very familiar...

guest_moi
guest_moi

YDAN lacks everything I love about the original. It is modern in a way that it doesn't stick out. Strangely enough it feels kind of cold for a spicy fragrance. I expected more amber in this version- but there is no potency of the original here, and no uniqueness. The new amber fragrance by Oriflame reminds me of this too. Modern answer to spicy boldness simply isn't bold enough for my old-fashioned soul. :( But I am not saying that this fragrance smells bad, it is not terrible in any way- simply nothing new or daring which I foolishly enough expected when I saw the lovely advertisement. For a more potent but similar experience I recommend Amber by Loccitane (discontinued but easily found on Ebay.)

vertigo
vertigo

Not much to add, BUT:
No one noticed?

Youth Dew Amber Nude is VERY similar to Amouage Lyric Woman. Or the latter is similar to the first, I think YD was launched in 2005.

6 common notes:
ginger, cinnamon, jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose, sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver.

The result is amazing!

If I were to choose, I'd go for Lyric. It's deeper, even more rosy, longer lasting. And has a incense note which I love.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

When I first applied this, I recoiled slightly at the big 'boozy' note in it, though I loved the drydown of sexy, sleepy amber. This would make a wonderful Autumn/Christmas scent - a warm fire,a rug,a lover and a glass of Cognac. There you have it - Youth Dew Amber Nude!

Sissi
Sissi

Youth dew Amber nude if you parallel this from the older sister Youth Dew, it gives
you an impression of a younger less oily
and more velvety feel amber nude is correct. Amber nude starts off with dry unsweetened cinnamon with ginger nuances
there is a short period of sweetness due to the lovely magnolias the sweetness is
distempered by the domineering scent
of ginger. The three elements that makes this scent powdery is rose carnation and
ylang ylang the tea note mmmmmmmmm?
it's in there but like a lot of other notes it fades quickly but it adds a nice addition.

The drydown really in my opinion gets the prize of course of it's namesake
Amber Nude there is a predominate alot
of it but it's the Sandalwood that stands out the sandalwood gives out an velvety feel to the skin then the original Like deep sandalwood incense
burning I love the Color of the flacon
like an sheer bronze sheet caressing you
in a spartan bedroom with Burnt orange
lights around you on a circular Bed.
Gives the thought when 1 wear this.

autumn89
autumn89

I appreciate that youth dew is a very popular retro perfume. I dont like it but i can appreciate it.

This, on the other hand, smells like coke and insect repellant. Not attractive. To me any way but each to their own.

This is disgusting. What was Tom Ford thinking??

Way too strong... but not in a good way like Black Orchid, strong like disinfectant.

It actually smells like coca-cola mixed with bleach.

Repulsive.

sistertricked

I still have to add that the vanilla inside is intrinsic to the whole chocolate-ambery sensation and does not act by itself like in Chopard Casmir or Mira Bai, which are definitely vanilla scents.

sistertricked

I tested YDAN various times on my skin and am now sure as of how it behaves on me. The first blast (even if I do not spray liberally but only dab myself) gives me an impression of a very known drink: a very concentrated coca-cola maybe with just an bit of rum. Cinnamon makes itself felt, too, but dry incense and spicy ginger step in to take the lead. It really is for a while the incense they burn inside Catholic Orthodox churches (Russian, Greek, Eastern Europeans in general), dry and insistent, but it is to stay there for short. On a second step in come the flowers, especially carnation and jasmine. On me predominant at this stage is the cinnamon-carnation-amber combination. The flowers are never in your face, they combine with cinnamon and amber to create a creamy feeling. Nothing to report from my part about rubber smells. The amber, lifted by gentle florals and cinnamon gives that chocolatish sensation, which is a feel-good, aromatherapeutic feeling. To me YDAN is many things in one: a lasting and classy gourmand, comfortable, soft oriental scent. A well crafted modern take on the past.

nyoka
nyoka

I dont care what anyone says thats negative.On me this smells heavenly.Lasts,and doesnt take much.Men r suppose to luv choc.,vanilla,and cinnoman scents so,they better watch out.

soniamcalear

This is s nice scent for awhile but then it gets ugly with the drydown on me! I just cant ware this or the original youth dew at all! Very old lady kind of scent to me.

krishka
krishka

Why is it oriental Vanilla ?....i don't see any vanilla in the notes!?!?

chuaalba
chuaalba

for me its the most relaxin smeel,i put to go to bed.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I like amber scents but this one i cant stand!It is something very disturbing about it..

amelie
amelie

Interesting, intriguing,it is a modern version of the famous Youth-Dew,the smell of chocolate drinks makes it a bit mystical.
Pure intimacy, dark night, candles...perhaps the idea was this, but on my skin too dramatic and masculine,even too gourmet.
In my opinion Youth-Dew has more original composition , is more comfortable and far more attractive.

moongdss
moongdss

a colleague passed this on to me since it didn't work on her very well (she thought it was too sweet). I love it! I like to wear it when I'm feeling classy, dark and mysterious.

this can be a big scent, so I spray it on my sides under my shirt so it's not so "in my face" :)

I so wanted to like this since I'm into amber scents and it sounded so interesting. It's not. It's incredibly musty and incensey, very strong and aggressive at the beginning, then it fades a little bit, but it has great lasting power and it's not easy to scrub it off. It must be a matter of chemistry... on my skin it becomes the exact smell of Catholic churches I was taken to as a child. It's the same acrid, suffocating smell that covers everything. Maybe good for a mystical experience, not as a personal scent. This kind of fragrance is often addressed at mature or old women, but this would be just the jam on top of the (old) cake. Maybe better on a young extravagant lady.

lavandana
lavandana

In the opening, this Lady is extremely sweet and somewhat seductive. Reminiscent of her predecessor but sweeter and dryer with less spice. Unfortunately, the drydown becomes a little insecticide-ish. I believe a little more spice with the Jasmine and Ylang Ylang would work better with my chemistry.

margierose
margierose

This is a sexy scent but I bit strong like her sister fragrance Youth Dew. I was curious and got a small size,it's not bad but apply sparingly

cognac
cognac

This is a wonderful fragrance for the winter.Its has a lovely amber dry down which isnt heavy or sickening .I can detect hints of ginger and cinanmon which gives it, a sweet smell but in a nice way.
THIS IS A WONDERFUL ALTERNATIVE TO THE ORIGINAL YOUTH DEW WHICH WAS A LOT DEEPER AND HEAVIER.

Scent lover

Is it being discontinued? Cause I tried to look for it in the shops and I was told every time that they are not selling it anymore and it is discontinued?

Scent lover

I am trying this one again today. Yesterday I sprayed on me too much.. I believe 2 sprays on the wrists is going to be more than enough for me :-D It is an intense perfume.
Yesterday I was about to regret on purchasing it cause it was slightly taking my breath.. I sprayed twice on my neck and each wrists. Today I put it only on my wrists and it smells perfect amber & chocolate :-) Dont overdo it if you want to like it! My kind advice.

Scent lover

I've got a bottle of it today :) I must admit that I find similarities between this one and Tom Ford The Private Collection Amber Absolute! :) And that is a good news for me as I loved Amber Absolute. I can feel incense in a perfume though the description says that there is no incense. Lasting power is good and I will enjoy wearing this perfume at the cold winter days.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

when i told my grandma my wishes for christmas she started translating the name of this wonderful, sexy and unique scent into german, which doesn´t really work.....;) funny

solocha
solocha

is it only me, or is it very similar to Opium? I couldn't tell the difference. I tried it today, the colour suggested that I should apply sparsely and I did, but all the way home I felt uneasy, my stomach didn't like this scent. I do. In spite of its intense quality I like the classiness.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Firstly, I am glad that Tom Ford kept this version of Youth Dew very similar, yet distinctly different to its original namesake. Before trying Amber Nude I had imagined something vastly 'teeny bop' & not sophisicated.
Youth Dew Amber Nude is very sexy and sensual, but still demure and classy. In my opinion, Amber Nude is just a bit lighter with maybe a bit more of a citrus undertone than the original. That combined with the black rose & truffle really turns this into a lusty brew that I cannot stop indulging in! I have noticed that this smells better when applied on the crook of the arm. Delicious! Also, just two sprays last for around 4 hours on me. Amber Nude really is mood heightening. Very sexy. Very underated fragrance IMO, very much bottle-worthy!

doroula
doroula

Same as zoka, I would call this one "comforting", it's so warm, spicy and ambery.I fancy old-fashioned fumes and this one is my cup of tea!
Luv it!

2007
zoka
zoka

I like this warm ambery retro scent, very comforting...

2007

Youth-Dew Amber Nude by Estée Lauder 3.59 out of 5 based on 355 ratings and 79 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Estée Lauder Youth-Dew Amber Nude fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Estée Lauder Youth-Dew Amber Nude, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Youth-Dew Amber Nude by Estée Lauder. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Youth-Dew Amber Nude by Estée Lauder represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.