Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Antiheros Etat Libre d`Orange for women and men

Antiheros Etat Libre d`Orange for women and men
dislike

herbal
Antiheros Etat Libre d`Orange for women and men Pictures Antiheros Etat Libre d`Orange for women and men Pictures

Take me as I am » seems to say this fake Mr Everybody. An anti-hero never lies about who he is, hence the seeming simplicity of this hedonistic and sun-renched creation, entirely centered on lavender flower. This hero of everyday life fights very ordinary battles at work, when driving, at home without every taking anything too seriously. His innate modesty is extremely appealing and he knows it. He cultivates his imperfections with wit and with natural unconventional elegance. With his tousled hair and look, this somewhat unexpected superman catches the eye and still cannot believe it – that’s why we adore him.

Perfumer is Antoine Maisondieu. Antiheros was launched in 2006.

Lavender Musk Cedar Woody Notes

L'Occitan Eau de Toilette

Antiheros Fragrance Reviews

I seem to be in the minority, but I am finding a strangely curry-esque vibe to ELDO's Antihéros! Yes, there is a loud masculine lumberjack lavender going on here, but after a bit it subsides to make room for some sort of souk spices! How bizarre. There are no spices listed in the note pyramid, but there is definitely something else going on besides woods, lavender, and musk! Believe it or not, I am even reminded a bit of some of the Serge Lutens curry series!

One thing is for sure: this is not a sweet, feminine lavender at all. Some reviewers have blasted this composition for its strong synthetic vibe, and maybe I'm picking up on that as well, but to me it smells like spice!

For myself, I prefer Puig Agua Lavanda, which has a gentle and natural sweetness to it. (It also comes in a plastic jug and costs nearly nothing!) This ELDO juice would be good choice for a lumberjack, though. Even after a long day of woodchopping...

Mbcc
Mbcc

Love it. Lavender all day long. Love it for what it is not what it isn't or what you wish it to be. Lavender, ISO e super, musk. Brilliant. Simple. Lavender what more could you ask for. Maybe a lower price. 80$ for 1.5 oz is a bit outrageous. Oh well I guess you can't have everything.

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

Inoffensive masculine lavender fragrance.
It lacks the richness and complexity of other lavender fragrances like "English Lavender" by Atkinson.
Not bad, but uninteresting.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Straight up "Lavender" but a very dry and simple one. There is nothing floral about it; nothing to break the harshness of the lavender and the woods. Just dry and sharp and pungent. No-nonsense, no fuss, no interest or development. Disappointing.

"Caron pour Homme" is a much better and more interesting Lavender perfume with more depth, warmth and development.

If you want a more authentic and organic, rich and warm lavender, go to L'Occitane.

Nil points.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I love lavender. Picking the little ears of flowers in the front garden of houses in France and Italy was one of the greatest olfactory experiences of my childhood.
And to me, the opening of Antihéros represents exactly that natural lavender scent. Bitter, herbal, aromatic.
Cedar enhances the warm, dry, raspy aspects of the lavender. Musk gives it the apparently unavoidable laundry scent.
ELdO might have done something nicer with their gorgeous lavender note, but judging their add story this was exactly the point. A simple, unpretentious lavender.
I'm sure I can get something at L'Occitanes for at least a third of the price. Maybe it won't last as long, though.
Nice scent, but maybe not nice enough to spend 69 euros on.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

ELDO's Antiheros is a frustrating scent. I want to like it because I'm generally a lavender lover, and this is supposed to be all about lavender. It's a lavender of the synthetic-chemical variety, a far cry from the naturalistic herbal bite of Caron Pour un Homme's lavender, which smells much, much better for roughly one-third the price. It's hard to say how something like Antiheros could get as far as it has, given the abundance of cleaning solutions and air fresheners that smell like it. In my college days I worked as a janitor in an elementary school, and one of my daily jobs was to clean the bathrooms using a spray made by an industrial cleaning company called Zep. They made a dual-purpose cleaner/disinfectant for ceramic or glass surfaces, and sold it as an aerosol-canned foam called "Zep 30." If you'd like to smell like I did after a shift of cleaning kiddie toilets, spritz yourself with Antiheros. I'm wondering if Zep gave ELDO their formula, just for kicks.

This is the second ELDO fragrance I've tried. Je Suis un Homme was the first. Neither fragrance has proven to be all that interesting. Neither of them have presented themselves as possessing special niche-like qualities that warrant their higher prices. Both have smelled uninspired and more than a little cheap. With Je Suis un Homme, I got an abbreviated Halston Z14. This time I got an unpleasant variant of janitor's closet disinfectant. Sorry, but as far as lavender fragrances go, Antiheros is one of the worst I've ever encountered. There is nothing curiously affecting or poetic about it. Don't waste your time on this stuff. Wear Caron PuH instead.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Antiheros by Etat Libre d`Orange opens as a “one note mind melter” and displays a beautiful lavender note. One needs to enjoy lavender to enjoy antiheros—stay away if that isn’t the case. The lavender fades to expose a musky base.

Very refreshing 3.5/5

Livelyup_URself
Livelyup_URself

This scent is very clean and fresh. I wouldn't use any superlatives to describe it, rather it is just "nice" and "safe", a solid choice. Like your sensible shoes or your warm jacket. I like wearing it when I'm planning to sit around in my fuzzy bathrobe and sip tea all day. It's also a go-to scent if I'm going to be confined in a car or a cubicle with someone all day, or any other situation where subtlety is a necessity.

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

Lavender, musk and cedar. This was the first perfume that I could guess all the official notes right and only in few seconds. So one can say it's quite simple, but it's nice nevertheless.

It's starts with lavender that has some minty bite to it. Then it developes to more soapy direction. You don't feel that you are wearing perfume, but you have washed you hands or clothes with most luxurious lavender soap ever.

I would probably buy a bottle of this if I weren't slightly allergic to cedar note in it.

7+/10

Blimunda
Blimunda

This lavender is so simple, and so hard to be described. It smells naturally, woodsy, and it has some gentle calming effect that makes it be almost the aromatherapy fragrance! But what I find the most interesting about it, is that it has something "milky" within itself that makes it be creamy and feminine despite its sharp and masculine nature.

Overall rate: 10/10.

rogson
rogson

Nice, clean, linear, lavender fragrance that starts out and remains something quite pleasant. To me, something like Prada l'Iris even though the notes are different.

delphine67
delphine67

Lots of lavender on my skin. then it turns soft and woody mixt with the musk. I like this scent its not to overwhelming but stays close to my skin but still noticable. I think it depends on skin type but for me it turns into a very feminin smell. soft and powdery

A very strong (and unmistakeable) lavender opening with a slight sopay vibe joined by white musk and hints of woods in the drydown. During this phase Antiheros is very comfortable and discreet yet remarkably present. Simple, honest and maybe unoriginal but still head and shoulders above the average quality of today's perfumery. A nice easy wear for a (not too) casual day.

Cereza
Cereza

Extremely masculine, zesty and a bit synthetic lavender that makes me want to gag a little bit. But it's okay, I guess, I've never been a fun of the synthetic version.
Sauna is a big thing in my country at we used to have a natural lavender oil to pour on the hot rocks, just one drop made the hot air fantastic and was a perfect voyage before sleep, but this - this is just cheap aftershave lavender for my nose. Such a pity.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This is the 4th or 5th ELdO fragrance I have tested. The others were quite a statement and could not be confused with any other scent out in the market.

I would describe this scent as a safe choice. It is very in the middle of the road type of fragrance, but yet I can see this in my collection in the future. I am always looking to add unique fragrances with lavender to my collection.

I love lavender and sometime use lavender body oil to liven up one of my fragrances. This would be a fragrance I would wear when heading to the office and do not want to make a statement or leave an impression.

Yes SedNonSatiata, this is a scent for a Clark Kent personality. Good looking, bright and the kind of man you take home to your parent to meet. A fragrance for any mild mannered man (or a woman).

guest_All the junk
guest_All the junk

A very cleaver and unpretentious synthetic lavender accord à la brin de réglisse by hermes with the all the iso e super and so-called woody ambers a man needs (and white musks of course)
keep it simple stupid :)

Antiheros by Etat Libre d`Orange 3.52 out of 5 based on 105 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etat Libre d`Orange Antiheros fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Etat Libre d`Orange Antiheros, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Antiheros by Etat Libre d`Orange. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Antiheros by Etat Libre d`Orange represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.