Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Encens et Bubblegum Etat Libre d`Orange for women

Encens et Bubblegum Etat Libre d`Orange for women
dislike

smoky
Encens et Bubblegum Etat Libre d`Orange for women Pictures Encens et Bubblegum Etat Libre d`Orange for women Pictures

For all the Madonnas of this world. The improbable alliance of two antagonistic smells, sacred incense and mischievous bubble gum. Encens et Bubble Gum (Incense and Bubble Gum) is a candy-like perfume that flirts with mystical inspiration. As provocative as a star who chews a bubble gum in a church, who plays with crucifixes and yet bows low before the altar. When transgression is tinted with erotic guilt, the impish sensuality of this childlike woman takes the upper hand. Men waste away in despair but she doesn’t care. She plays cat and mouse with men, will eat them up and move on.

Composition: Peach, raspberry, vanilla, lilly of the valley, orange blossom, musk, essence and incense...

Nose for this fragrance is Antoine Maisondieu. Encens et Bubblegum was launched in 2006.

Orange Blossom Musk Raspberry Vanilla Peach Incense Lily-of-the-Valley

Encens et Bubblegum Fragrance Reviews

Smells to me as if the bubblegum note wasn't present this would be a half decent fragrance.
Sadly it's the dominance of this synthetic, sickly element & lack of finesse in the other notes which makes EaB a disappointment. I do smell a kind of faint frankincense vibe and something which smells like a couple of the CdG incense series in the opening then it goes downhill rapidly.
I've toyed with the idea of a bubblegum smell and frankly I just don't want to smell like that. Lots of other fragrances achieve this effect by mistake (I imagine?) rather than actually embracing it the way this does.
This is even more annoying than James Heeley Bubblegum chic which is at least powerful, a blessing in disguise that EaB doesn't last all that long.

You have to take your hat off to Etat Libre d'Orange for thinking outside the box. It's just sometimes what's IN the box will do just fine.
They've out quirked their own quirkiness threshold for me this time.

megrim
megrim

This opened on my skin with a blast of photorealistic bargain-basement peach-flavoured champagne. Just beyond the top notes there's an odd, plastic-sweetness that's nicer than it sounds.

I don't get much incense here, or even a real bubblegum scent. Mostly just pleasant pink sweetness with a pale, wooden backbone that builds over time.

Sillage is very soft - probably a good thing as the sweet aldehydes in this would become rather cloying at stronger concentrations. Unfortunately the mediocre sillage and short wear-time is a deal breaker for me. Still a 'like', but one I will like as a memory, not as a bottle.

This review may sound quite negative, but I actually do really like what's here - I just wish there was a little more of it and that it hung around for a bit longer.
Thanks muchly to Scorpiosheep for the sample!

AveParfum
AveParfum

Sickening perfume, the only possibility of bubblegum being bubblegum-flavored children's medicine or perhaps the florescent pink industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner used in public restrooms. Harsh, I know, but it's the truth. This perfume smells synthetic to the point of potential toxicity. Nothing gourmand about it. The peach is too fake and sour to bear any semblance to the sweet pink bubblegum that we know and love. There is no incense to be found either. It's hard to really describe this perfume apart from expectations due to its name because it smells like a bunch of random notes thrown together with no rhyme or reason. It totally lacks personality, it's unbalanced and chaotic, and, frankly, it's terrible. Not recommended.

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

Again, a creation that deserves admiration for its originality, but not very wearable in my opinion.
Sadly, the incense is probably missing from my vial, because I just smell a big blast of strawberry chewing gum (when the flavour is almost finished and the gum is about to be discarded) and some vanilla in the drydown.
Sad little perfume.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

There's no big mysteries with "Encens et Bubblegum". It's actually a great idea with a mediocre performance.
All I get on my skin is the bubblegum part and I can't help but to wonder "where is the encens!?!"

Sillage is almost null after one hour and lasting power is moderate to low. My first disappointment with Etat Libre d'Orange... :(

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

Questo profumo evoca due aspetti opposti della personalità: dolce e inquietante, infantile e diabolica. Quando lo indosso mi evoca una chiesa gotica, una casa disabitata e spettrale, e un bambino che gioca con la gomma sdrammatizzando tutto. Passa dal colorato e giocoso al cupo, gotico e austero.
C'è una nota strana di sottofondo che dovrebbe essere incenso, ma uno strano tipo di incenso, nero, piccante, molto strano.

Carestinus
Carestinus

Wooow I am so surprised at the general negative reception of Encens et bubblegum! It is on my top 5 love love from the Etat Libre d'Orange line and I find it totally unisex, playful and good smelling! Why so much hatred!

Well, to start with, I admit this is not groundbreaking in terms of longevity and the smell is not, say, interesting or refined or... it is fruity bubblegum well blended with incense! As simple as that, but what a great scent indeed! It is fun (not something we find easily around...) and so cheerful! In my case I find it very sexual too! It makes you want to go and bite that juicy bubblegum! Girls and boys, don't miss this !!

My only complaint is its lack of sillage after the first hour... it is there but too subdued. Still, I love this !

Upon application of this strange creation, I immediately recognized sweet orange blossom, which is generally speaking a good thing in my perfume book.

After a couple of minutes, the red fruit quality became very obvious, and then the scent pretty much dried down to lily of the valley and halitosis. That's right, not so much bubblegum as the breath of someone who would do well to reach for a toothbrush rather than a sugar-laden mint or stick of gum.

I've never really understood breath mints such as Tic Tacs, to be honest. Don't they work for about two minutes and then the sugar starts breaking down and makes the breath smell worse than it did before? Maybe that's just me, but the very brief short-term benefit of sugary mints is not worth the much longer-term desire to go brush my teeth. But if I have the opportunity to brush my teeth, why not skip the sugary mint and go straight to the tooth brushing? In order for one's breath to stay fresh through the mint route, it seems that one would have to eat them continuously, no? But I digress.

It's safe to say that Encens & Bubblegum is not my favorite ELdO scent. I don't smell any incense at all, actually, just lily of the valley (the version also prominent in Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow...) and halitosis. I admit that this creation did evoke memories of the gum that students used to stick under their desks.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Antfarm just got a balloon from me as she nailed the point: ElO Encense smells exactly like the name is saying. Bubblegum coated in powder and wrapped in wax paper. Then you start chewing it and you have the smell. Raspy juicy fruity bubblegum. After one hour the fruits are gone and what stay with you is bubblegum alike raspy powdery smell, a little bit smokey, going every half hour stronger on me on the powdery site. It will probably not going to be on my favorite shelve, but I am glad to meet this fragrance!

Very well done, high quality, long-lasting daily scent, excellent f.e. for birthday party. I recommend to test first before you buy, as it smells really different. But if people are chewing gums because of good smelly breath, there is actually no reason not to wear a bubblegum fragrance. For this reason - UNISEX.

antfarm
antfarm

In the sample bottle it smells absolutely enchanting like the old-school bubblegum that was coated in powder and wrapped in a waxpaper twistie---I could also smell a campfire peetering out in the background. It reminded me of being in high school, dressing up for Halloween, and going into record stores that smelled of incense while I was chewing gum. I was intrigued! So I applied it, and the bubblegum took a run for it, and now all I can smell is Mrs. Dash spice and also juicy chicken tenders. I don't dislike it, but eau de chicken tenders just isn't quite the same as incense and bubblegum. I wonder if it has behaved this way on anybody else.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

I like the concept of the fragrance, but this perfume does nothing for me. In the beginning I can smell something childish and fruity, bubble-gum? Then the insence kicks in. After that the whole combo becomes boring and Gucci Rush kind of plastic. I can't stand Gucci Rush, so this one didn't win me either.

Moonds
Moonds

There is a faint smell of bubble gum at the beginning and nearly a tobacco smell, which is what might be giving it that slightly 'nightclub' feel (like an artificial baddness)

Perhaps this is more suited to a younger wearer who could carry this sweet smell more naturally.

I found after a while, it turned quite sour and smelled chemically. Unfortuanately, I sprayed it on my decollatage too, and can't get it off!

I wish this had worked for me as it did for others. It started out with the impression of bubblegum but it was so faint that no other notes were discernable, even when poured on till my skin was wet and it faded very fast into nothing much. My sister described the remaining hint of scent as crayon wrappers; That distinct scent of paper and crayon wax. It's weird, it doesn't last at all and it had almost no sillage. I love several scents from this house, but Encens and Bubblegum isn't going to be one of them.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

In a country where chewing gum along with bubblegum was banned in my teenage years this brings nostalgic memories of my childhood.
This is a great, sweet without being overkill candy type of sweet, bubbly scent. One can picture an adorable but completely daredevil child chewing gum defiantly while in Mass. Who grows up with a devil may care attitude, getting into loads of scrapes but climbing out again unscathed and unharmed, to the admiration of milling crowds. If I had to put a name to this scent I would say Amelia Earhart.
This isn't just chewing gum flavoured perfume. It's much more than that hence my warbling above.I admire this scent for literally leaving me at a loss to describe it- to call it bubble gum is a definite injustice. To say it is complex is too much of an accolade. But whatever it is, this is not your run of the mill candy scents. This is a grown up scent if you wish to label it.
The projection stays close the body despite several hefty spritzes but I'm not complaining. It lasted a good 24 hours on my pajamas. For sure, this scent is one that should be sampled and given a chance.

thehanna
thehanna

This seems to react strongly to body chemistry and on me smells like drugstore hand lotion and hair care products. It could be interpreted as incense and bubblegum, once the suggestion is placed, but I think is more likely to be percieved as Garnier Fructis.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A sweet delight, this is a realistic bubblegum fragrance. Initially sugary and sweet, the dry down is lovely. The peach and orange blossom are dominant on me, with a hint of musk and incense to keep this from becoming too sweet.

cryman41
cryman41

lovely fragrance, it's the union of two different world

kwarnst
kwarnst

massive chunks of pink bubblegum, I can't detect anything else. The scent seems not evolving on my skin, just fading after some time.

Melchizedek
Melchizedek

Peach and raspberry come strong as the opening of bubblegum, beneath is insense slightly I think.
Don't like raspberry at all.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Out of the bottle, this smelled like bubblegum and cigarette smoke. Nothing else. Mind you, I LOVE the smell of tobacco. But this wasn't even tobacco. Just the stinky smoke part of a cigarette after it's been burned and perhaps tossed into an ashtray.

I love incense but couldn't detect it on my skin either. Just the stinky smoke. I think this was a great idea on paper but, in reality, it fell apart. The incense note is a stinky type of smoke and not "true". The bubble gum is too strong and cheap. I couldn't even appreciate the sweetness of it. Besides, they didn't blend well. Like a psychotic dual personality, they seem to struggle for domination from the first spritz and all the way to the end. Not for me. Too bad... I was SO excited about this. :o( Glad to see it worked for others though. Just make sure you try it out first.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

i think it's one of those strange but likable scents: i expected a screaming bubblegum scent, but fortunately it is a quite pleasant and floral bubblegum. The incense smells very woody, giving the perfume a smokey character. on their official website they describe the fragrance as "provocative", for a woman who likes to manipulate men. I don't quite agree with this image: to me it's more like a joke, enjoyable experiment, creating a funky atmosphere. Very interesting fragrance overall. The power and longevity were moderate for me. Unfortunately, fragrance smells better on the paper than on my skin.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Standing on the front line, pretending to be listening to the sermon while chewing a gum… – Sinner! Could it be all about petty crime charm? It certainly seems charming to me, like almost all that contains orange blossom, but not catching. Somehow I imagine it being in suit with a smoking lady better than many others. A little bit of adult incense depth, a little bit of girly berrylike gum, it doesn’t, on the whole, overstep the line: neither really deep nor berrylike yummy. .. In other case I would call it well-balanced, but here it is more like boasting of uncertain age… To sum up, I definitely could have found a use for it, but feel no inspiration to buy.

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

The name says it all. Might sound weird to have incense and bubblegum mixed together, but this one is definitely a wining combination. I do agree with Fragrancefiend about the moderate (almost weak for me) sillage and lasting power. I love it anyway.

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

Encens et Bubblegum is a really funky fragrance.For me it smells not really like incense,more than hot smoke or burned wood.At the beginning it's a really provocative/strong and feminine scent and later it's a shy and cute scent, it's good and bad at the same time.I really like that, they put such contrast in a fragrance,but it's not a everyday scent,and not for everyone.
When you take the first sniff it smells much like pungent hot smoke,and you also can smell these soft fruits.
There is a bubblegum note but it smells not really like you would guess how bubblegum smells,it has a gum note but it smells much like soft flower and vanilla and rasberry.
Later the incense flies away and it's only a hint in the background and you only smell these cute innocent scent.The fragrance smells not cheap i think this is really great.
The 2 ml of it are enough for me and i don't need 50ml of it because i only would wear it for the opportuneness.The scent is good for the fall and wintertime but also for cold spring day's.It's better to try this scent before buying i get light dizzy when i smell my wrist all the time.The Bottle is really cool i like the brand and those strange scent's.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

This fragrances initially smells exactly like the name - the aroma of Dubble Bubble chomped in a room where a 1970 style incense stick is burning. After about 20 minutes the bubblegum dries down to a pleasant sweet floral - a little powdery and the incense remains. The sillage and lasting power is moderate. l enjoyed this fragrance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etat Libre d`Orange Encens et Bubblegum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Etat Libre d`Orange Encens et Bubblegum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Encens et Bubblegum by Etat Libre d`Orange. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Encens et Bubblegum by Etat Libre d`Orange represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.