Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange for women

Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange for women
dislike

herbal
Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange for women Pictures Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange for women Pictures

Etat Libre d’Orange launches a new fragrance in March 2010, second celebrity perfume in a row, this time inspired by the English actress Tilda Swinton. Her favorite scent is the scent of home, so she wanted a fragrance that will be a magical potion with that kind of smell. Mathilde Bijaoui created for her a composition of yellow tangerine, ginger, pumpkin, immortelle, Moroccan neroli, Grass rose, vetiver, heliotrope and musk.

It is available as 50 ml EDP.

"I have always located my favourite fragrances at the doorways of kitchens, in the heart of a greenhouse, at the bottom of a garden. Scent means place to me : place and state of mind - even state of grace. Certainly state of ease. My favourite smells are the smells of home, the experience of the reliable recognisable after the exotic adventure: the regular - natural - turn of the seasons, simplicity and softness after the duck and dive of definition in the wide, wide world.

When Mathilde Bijaoui first asked me what my own favourite scent in a bottle might contain, I described a magic potion that I could carry with me wherever I went that would hold for me the fragrance - the spirit - of home. The warm ginger of new baking on a wood table, the immortelle of a fresh spring afternoon, the lazy sunshine of my grandfather's summer greenhouse, woodsmoke and the whisky peat of the Scottish Highlands after rain. I told her about a bottle of spirit, something very simple, to me : something almost indescribable, so personal it should be. The miracle is that Mathilde made it.

The great Sufi poet Rumi wrote :
If anyone wants to know what "spirit" is,

or what "God’s fragrance" means,

lean your head toward him or her.

Keep your face there close.
Like this.

This is possibly my favourite poem of all time.

It restores me like the smoke/rain/gingerbread/ greenhouse my scent-sense is fed by. It is a poem about simplicity, about human-scaled miracles. About trust. About home.

In my fantasy there is a lost chapter of Alice in Wonderland - after the drink saying Drink Me, after the cake pleading Eat Me - where the adventuring, alien, Alice, way down the rabbit hole, far from the familiar and maybe somewhat homesick - comes upon a modest glass with a ginger stem reaching down into a pale golden scent that humbly suggests : Like This…"

Tilda Swinton

Composition: Yellow tangerine, ginger, immortelle flower, Moroccan Neroli, Grasse rose, vetyver, heliotrope, musks..."

vetyver Musk Immortelle Neroli Ginger Tangerine Heliotrope Rose Pumpkin

Blanche Immortelle
Seven Veils
Couture Couture

Tilda Swinton Like This Fragrance Reviews

kokoskarin
kokoskarin

I do not have words for this: I Love, Love, Love!!! Like this. It makes me feel as me at my best: Warm, sexy, charmig and funny. It's like I found myself, and I feel almost sad when I can't wear it (at work). Pure Love. Like that!

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Soft, elegant citrus opening with soft floral undertones. Candied sweetness (the pumpkin?); an almost violet-like note. I understand what a previous commenter meant by "old lipstick" - there's a feeling of being a child and playing at your mother's makeup table. I get ginger underneath the florals and sweetness but it's a cool, wet ginger. Despite all the food notes not a gourmand fragrance on my skin. Laid back but still feminine; buttery soft. On first sniff this falls firmly into the current fruity floral trend but there's something a bit - just a tiny bit - off kilter about it. It's more "modernist" than most modern fragrances and - despite all the food notes - ethereal, verging on transparent. Not "out there" as many other ELdO perfumes but rather lovely and wearable, Like This is proof that celebrity fragarnces can be done well. I personally want at least a decant for days I want to feel unique in a quiet, understated way.

Sherri81
Sherri81

I didn't know what to expect from this perfume. I'm usually into floal scents, specifically white florals, although sometimes I do like a bit of spice. This scent is confusing to me. It's not a hate, but I'm not sure if it's a love, either. It kind of smells like a carrot cake, which isn't bad because I do like carrot cake; but I'm not sure if I want to smell like one all day. I think it might be a better scent for the fall or winter, as it has a certain spiciness that might wear better in colder weather.

budgie95
budgie95

This smelled like a cheap pumpkin spice candle on me :(

Jyrhara
Jyrhara

I've learned today that I know nothing about perfume. A SA sprayed Like This and another ELDO fragrance on my wrists. After a while I came back to the store really enjoying one of those, but I asked for the wrong one. She smelled my wrist and kindly corrected me. So I came out of the store with a bottle of Like This. I just couldn't believe kitchen smells could be so light and airy :-)
I find Like This to be a sexy scent, really subtle but not shy. I don't like eating ginger, but it seems I do enjoy wearing it!
P.s. If anyone like me doesn't like neroli, it fades really quickly.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

WOW!!

This is the first time that a perfume has cloaked me in place, feeling, so evocatively.. wrapping around me with all its intentions, longings, colours, moods, energy, and making me feel like I'm being worn.... rather than the other way around, and it's not discomforting at all.

Like This is a like a magic spell has been cast. As I opened the box I had to smile at the little note tucked inside, with all those ingredients like some long lost potion. Like This may be the official title, but as per that enchanting little wild-fire orange note, Immortal Ginger it is.

This fragrance has touched me on some deep, transcendent level. Yes, I know, it's only a perfume, but I feel in wearing it that I understand its purpose and the place and my mind wanders. I sprayed it on in Sephora about a year or so ago and having sprayed so many other samples it got lost in translation. But today I spent a couple moments with it and let its raw otherworldliness crash over me. As I moved around I kept catching this morphing but alluring scent. The orange but not your ordinary orange, but orange from the perfect tree in a faraway kingdom as envisioned by Swinton and Mathilde..or some lone, grey tree in a scottish moor, growing of its own volition; and like the rest of the scent, unique.. every facet, original and understood anew. You don't know ginger, tangerine, pumpkin, until you have tried this. Improbable and yet entirely wonderful is what this perfume is. Each of these accords are realised in a daring way. It should be said that this fragrance is more of a skin scent. It isn't loud but you will catch small gusts of it as you wear it, and it's warm. Ever so warm and has a kind of addictive quality to that warmth. It is distinctive and eccentric but in the most delightful ways.

It also resonates with me as someone whose first forays into hair dye were copper, ginger shades and a love for all redheaded heroines. I have recently gone ginger again and enjoying it and this scent just sets that whole feeling off. But with that pumpkin accord, the ginger, the warmth and the barest whisper of distant smoke, there is the tinge of autumn, all mischievous, ducking in and out of the fragrance. There is Bradbury's October, and all its dark gold and red magic. Of long shadows to curl under beneath ancient oaks, watching the fires of Halloween burn bright. Of Salem last year, wandering amongst the rivers of leaves past skeletons and clowns and Victorian Vampire Lady and Lords.. how surreal and magical it all felt.

I have loved and do love many fragrances, most recently, and intensely, Lys 41. But this..... this is not even a perfume. This is a smell of being, of life, of a person as they are... their uniqueness, their character. It feels like a smell I have known all my life and I can't quite explain what that is.... other than a metaphysical place, an idea captured in scent that makes me feel comfortable, makes me feel more myself. That makes me feel at home, as the fragrance intended.

Immortal Ginger: in offering and celebrating of mysteries of the soul and the heart and the wider world. Of discovery and of the bliss of not knowing everything and being perfectly content. Of some feelings lasting forever, some places, some memories, some senses for things that are beyond the reach of the conscious... but grasped in dream and unexpectedly... as it is here. And I will always be a redhead at heart.

Note: I wore this all day today and found it to be utterly gorgeous. I woke up with it on my skin and it had lasted through sleep, and was such a beautiful smell to wake to. It will capture your heart.

I have been trying to grasp at what I mean about it being your smell.. while it is decidedly "perfumey" in the way say, Caleche's 24 has fruit and warmth and is very perfumey, but it smells like it might almost be a person's body scent... of someone who is earthy and doesn't mind her citrus-stained fingers or the scatter of wild wind and sunshine in her unruly hair. It has abandon to it, free spiritedness, but also can have refinement, without snootiness or being elusive. It stays with you, changes with you and is always stunning.

la fleur dorée
la fleur dorée

I approached Like This warily, but now I wish my decant would never end. It is an unconventional and unpretentious perfume. You know how women's perfumes are: either you get sugar, and spice, and all things nice, or some dressed-to-kill femme fatale. Glamour seems inescapable, and can get sooo tiresome. With ELDOLT you travel back to the center, to childhood perhaps, not to a mawkish pink nursery, more to a sunday's stroll in the park, the first time you are allowed to go and play without an adult. I get plenty of liquorice root at the beginning, then the fresh pumpkin, and later on the child grows up and the warm immortelle note appears. Perfectly sociable smell (medium longevity, soft sillage), but it will not fish for compliments or scream for attention.

Museumgal
Museumgal

I wanted to love this but no thanks. The ginger is wonderful and it starts promising... Pumpkin and spice. About an hour in it suddenly started smelling harsh and rooty, like carrots, instead of the pumpkin. Became really unpleasant. Not for me!

arrode
arrode

While this is a very nice smelling fragrance, my mind immediately went to "autumn potpourri". This smells like entering a Pier 1 Imports in fall where all the pumpkin scented candles and potpourri are out. Reading the description of what Tilda Swinton wanted, a smell that reminds her of home, this is exactly that, but it's a smell I'd prefer, love actually, in a candle, but not on my skin. A warm smell of immortelle (gives it a cozy feeling), pumpkin, and ginger.

tatonnement
tatonnement

I finally have figured it out. Immortelle is a huge NO with my skin chemistry. It turns into a soapy rotting garbage scent a la funeral home decaying corpse. Underneath the pungent immortelle is a delicious gingerbread and sweet incense but I cannot get past the fleshy roadkill. SO unfortunate since I have never smelled anything so unique in its ginger composition. I just wish those hideous flowers weren't added.

marco_m
marco_m

Rotting garbage on my skin: that kind of rancid sweetness that accompanies decay. There's definitely some delicious pumpkin and spices, but also an undeniable essence of vomit. Unwearable.

Solomiya
Solomiya

it's not my cup of tea, but pretty nice, sweet, warm and a bit foodie. For me, it is a sister of the old version of Deep Red Hugo Boss. Not exactly the same, but very close

nhsrk
nhsrk

I'm not the biggest fan of foodie/gourmand scents so I was delighted to find such a scent I could wear. This smells like a slice of raw pumpkin drizzled with a light maple syrup. The ginger is barely noticeable (on my skin anyway). Something green (perhaps vetiver) lifts the composition so it isn't sickly sweet or heavy. A strangely "light" autumnal gourmand. Both comforting and ethereal.

gmstrack
gmstrack

For me, Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d'Orange began as a fantasy and ended in disappointment. Before sniffing the award winning EDP, I had high expectations, especially after reading the positive reviews.

During my childhood, the Christmas holiday was spent in a typical family crowd infused with various pleasant and not so pleasant smells. I remember cigarette smoke, alcohol drenched exhales, a tower of cookies, grandma’s lasagna, fart, and holiday-themed scented candles. The candles were typically placed in the restroom next to the floral hand soap. I remember how the fragrance from the candles would fill the entire house and intermingle with the stale ash trays and food. After a couple of hours, the candles would become overbearing, almost nauseating—being stuffed full of sausage bread and squid didn’t help the situation. A visit to the restroom was an intense olfactory event composed of “pumpkin pie” and “spring meadow”.

Those visits to the restroom were Like This: great idea; poor execution. 2.5/5

miniwidget

Okay, this is going to be a wierd review. Like This is, for me, a whimisical smell that I love. It reminds me of the beginning of the excorcist before the head spining and levitation stuff, when the kids in costumes are trick or treating and that ominous music is playing and of the movie Halloween, before Jamie Lee Curtis gets attacked, and of course, Charlie Brown Halloween. This fragrance is like the changing color of leaves, pumpkin pie, crisp cold nights and curling up near a warm fire, counting all your baby ruth bars and sugar babies in your halloween sack. This perfume conjures all the mystical and beautiful memories of fall. As an adult now, this perfume brings a little child like joy to my heart and a little skip in my step. Great memories.

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

Overall the combination of notes I get is pumpkin, immortelle, and lots of ginger. And by lots I mean sinus-clearing amounts of it which has a good kick. Autumnal feeling. It’s certainly gourmand with the pumpkin note quite creamy and delicious smelling. I get a burning bitter trash bag plastic in the top notes which I am not sure but I think it is the immortelle, but it fades to the delicious pumpkin + ginger combo.

I think Like This, would be a nice work perfume if one likes gourmands because it’s creamy and spicy more so than sweet, it is also interesting without being dramatic. The projection is decent about an inch, not heavy.

If you read “pumpkin” and think pie, I must mention that I do not think of pumpkin pie with this fragrance.

mlleplateaux
mlleplateaux

Beautiful. Amazingly, I was placed right back at my grandmother's apartment in Mediterranean Turkey. I smell the whole block of that lovely place, located in the chicest address of the city. I smell the salty Mediterranean, the immortelles, the citrus plantations of the region, I smell her makeup and perfume and cigarettes on the skin as she led me to her favourite cafes. There's a hint of musty Victorian wood buildings permeated with cigarette smoke taking me back to the apartments, cafes, mosque courtyards and bookshops of Izmir and Istanbul.

I can see comparisons to Immortelle de Corse, Fumerie Turque and Ambre Sultan. This doesn't invoke much of the autumnal image for me. Probably because it so closely brings back memories of my beloved grandmother and those heady moments I spent in that region. This perfume is such a special surprise!

UPDATE: Almost bought FB, but after a few wears I noticed it disappears rather quickly on my skin (30 mins). I'll try again when the weather warms up because it feels like a summer scent to me.

Gwizz
Gwizz

I think this pretty much ranks as my favorite scent by ELdO, a house that in my opinion, can be a tad patchy at times. But this? Wow! I really can't say that in all my years of quite extensive sniffing, that I've ever encountered something quite like it. Yes, it's gourmand in a manner of speaking, but not in the more traditional sense. It's gourmand without being 'foody' in that decadent, sweet kind of style.

I actually find it a very dry sort of a fragrance despite the pumpkin note smelling quite accurately like a freshly peeled, Halloween-type, Golden Nugget and there also being a freshly grated ginger note. I think this dryness might be on account of the star of the show, immortelle flower, which to me is presented here in a very dry, almost pot pourri sort of fashion, along with it's customary subtle 'curry' like aspect. I also think the vetiver note here is rather desiccated too. The combination of these factors seems to bake the scent somehow, ensuring it doesn't venture into syrup territory, but stays more in the 'gingerbread house'.

The side arrangement of florals and citrus (heliotrope, rose, neroli and mandarine) are very stylishly presented, well balanced and serve to sweeten the composition and compliment the spicier aspects. I'd be surprised if there weren't some orris or carrot seed in the composition too, as there is an underlying hint of that waxy, lipstick type, iris/orris smell lurking in there as well.

On the one hand, Like This is a really lovely, cozy, warm woollen jumper type of homely scent, but to me, it is also something of an outdoorsy, autumnal scent, with aspects of hay, fallen leaves and open fields.

Very evocative and quite complex. It's also quite unique, as I mentioned at the outset, so you'll definitely be noticed. I have no problem with its throw or its tenacity. I think it projects perfectly politely and I can still smell it on my skin after 8 hours, so I rate it's performance quite highly. I'd suggest that it is perfectly unisex, but being the unusual creature that it is, I don't think it would hurt to get your nose on this prior to pulling the trigger on a bottle. But I'm sure when you do either, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Asinya
Asinya

Warning - perhaps avoid if you feel like you may be offended by mentions of body fluids!

-------

Got a sample vial, put it on and stuck my wrist under my boyfriends nose.
He sniffed and said it was curiously unisex, but "in a weird way" - informed him of the connection with Tilda Swinton, and he laughed and said that made perfect sense.

I really enjoyed the pumpkin-lemon meanwhile, but it does have a slightly chemical side to it, hidden under the warmth. I didn't think much about it though.

However, half an hour later, he grabbed my wrist and said "Let me smell that again - it smells like sperm - but in a good way!"

...I'm curiously un-bothered to report that it really does bear some resemblance. In a good way.

Bandit

It's really a good perfume and all the time I think, I need a full bottle. I try my sample first and than something puts me off: It's too sweet for my liking. It would be love with 50% of it's sweetness and heaven without any sweet at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a sweety hater. I love Immortelle de Corse. But this one would benefit from being dry and edgy. Like a female version of Sables. Unfortunately it isn't, so it's still not FB worthy for me at the moment.

Planet_X
Planet_X

I like this fragrance, but expected something different.
I wanted baked pumpkin pie, with its fresh and moist pumpkin flesh with seeds at first and more warm herbal qualities of immortelle for home-feel and to be cosy in chilly autumn noons. While this fragrance (I share here description with HalfBaked) is grated ginger which overbids everything else along with citrus notes and vetyver. Pretty much in direction of Pengaligon's Malabah. Of course, those who grate fresh ginger root for this warming touch of honey-lemon-tea will appreciate this fragrance for ability to cheer and uplift. You have to wait good two hours until you can smell pumpkin, which is not like baked pumpkin anyway. I actually only smelled it after taking shower and washing ginger root away. The very last drydown stage is quite masculine, as smoky vetyver with immortelle give effect of some old style male aftershave, quite pleasant,, but again its not a woman's kitchen idea of mine exactly. Overall - it good, interesting, but all about spiced by ginger citrus with musky base. For that baked feel it should be cinnamon and maybe an amber with whiskey.

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

Unique, as the best ELdOs are.
Definitely makes me want to hang out at Tilda Swinton's house.

HalfBaked
HalfBaked

This is my special glowing magic potion. It glows with the orange luminosity of the setting sun, giving you a warming protective halo. The first time I smelt this it made me almost laugh as it was so unusual and special and delicious.

The fresh heat of grated ginger against the background of vetiver and sweet tangerine, softens into gently spiced carrot cake/pumpkin pie. Then the hum of syrupy (and not curry-esque) immortelle increases the orange glow until your skin radiates sweet spiciness. Thank you ELDO for something truly unique and special.

scoovale
scoovale

I was reading an interview with Tilda Swinton about Like This and I have got intrigued by her description. I really like the concept and the idea behind this parfum: To enclose the smells and parfums of her home into a bottle so that she can carry these smells and the attached feelings with her everywhere she goes (or at least i think this is her reason). I believe she really managed to do that. I can almost see her kitchen, her dogs, wood chairs and warm colors. I can feel the warmth of the oven backing pumpkin bread, see the wet scottish grass from the kitchen window. So I think Like This gives a vision and is very modern. In this sense I love it but here is the problem: It is not a good parfum. in fact I don' t think that it can be considered a parfum in the traditional sense. If you want to smell good, you should better avoid it. It is not fresh at all in my opinion but heavy and not feminine, not masculine...is a powerful mix of smells. I personally hate it. I want soo much to like it...but I can't stand it! I smell especially the pumpkin,now and then the vetiver, but in particular I smell the odor of closed rooms, used socks, dog pawn, warm bread...all so cosy but you know, in the end I would prefer to smell my home. If i could i would like to tale it with me everywhere too...the question is whether it would be suitable to others too...

Lom
Lom

I only tried this once on my skin. I'm a guy and this really smells like a perfume for women - but what a wonderful smell this is. It just smells like memories and longing and optimism all at the same time. It transcends you to a safe and free haven. It's beautiful and really made me happy just by smelling it. It's not a perfume that I would like to wear I think, being a guy, but rather to smell. All day long. .. Maybe eventually I won't be able to resist it and just start wearing it. (-:

Rio Cappuccino
Rio Cappuccino

I recently reviewed on this fragrance on YouTube and so I did have for almost 2 years really does smell good,but had to move on and sell it.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Like This Tilda Swinton is a mysterious, spicy concoction. The juxtaposition of mandarin, neroli, and ginger over notes of heliotrope, pumpkin, and musk is oddly intriguing. Sillage is average; longevity is about 2.5 hours. This juice is comforting--reminiscent of buttery caramel, exotic Chai tea, and talcum powder--all poured into one bottle. I can't stop smelling my wrists. Looking forward to wearing this on crisp autumn days!

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

Beautiful, cozy, bucolic, and unique. I really love ELDO's vegetal pseudo gourmand comfort scents (Like This, La Fin Du Monde, and some aspects of The Afternoon of a Faun). Like This opens up with lots of ginger, some vegetal unsweetened pumpkin (not at all like pumpkin pie candles), soft florals, a very mild citrusiness, and some subtle earthy notes. Its all blended very well and it comes across as less of a perfume and more of a real world scent. It smells like a sun washed garden with golden gates and orange butterflies. It's all very earth toned. While it sounds like it would be a thick, cold weather scent, the ginger cuts through the coziness and really makes it much more diverse and wearable. It eventually dies down to a soft, slightly salty, caramel glow with a very prominent immortelle note. Previously (in some olympic orchids scents) I have had a rough time with Immortelle but here it just works. I will say that the drydown loses quite a bit of the openings complexity and by the end of the day after two or three consecutive wearings it kind of left me craving something with a bit more oomph. Longevity is around the 10 hour mark but sillage is very soft. This is unisex but it comes across very maternal and delicate so imo it is best for the ladies. Good stuff! 7/10

black_orchid
black_orchid

What could I say about this perfume I really don't know. I have never smelled something like this. Very cozy, stunning and interesting. I can imagine when I read the poem of Rumi with this perfume. And also I can't explain hw do I feel when I wear it. Nothing is enough for explain to Like This. I'm just trying to exist in atmosphere of it. A spiritual journey. Ahh just love it!

megrim
megrim

Like This opens with a warm, smoky, vegetal-sweet glow of syrupy immortelle, ripe, raw pumpkin and a toasted ginger/vetiver background. The overall affect is one of warm, dry, crushed leaves in autumn, spiced vegetal sweetness and warm, afternoon sunshine. In many ways I see Like This as the sister fragrance to 'The Afternoon of a Faun', where Faun is all about cool, damp leaves, mossy rocks and immortelle in a small forest clearing, Like This takes the same place and shows us how it smells in late afternoon, dappled with sun and warmth.

As the heart moves in the ginger really starts to sing, a green, spicy ginger, lifting the fragrance and preventing from entering "spice market on a hot day" territory. The pumpkin is restrained, but quite accurate, and fits nicely with the true star of the frag - Immortelle.

Like This is gourmand without smelling 'foody', spicy, dry and complex. Truly a very beautiful composition.
The only downside is the lack of projection. When I cannot tell that I'm wearing anything beyond the opening 2 minutes, then that's a deal breaker for me. ELdO as a house often walks this line with me, with frags that are stunningly beautiful - but so soft as to be ultimately forgettable.

Unfortunately Like This falls into the latter category for me. A truly beautiful perfume ruined by truly woeful sillage. Longevity is, however, quite good at 8 hours plus.

Well worth a full bottle, if you don't mind that no one, not even you, will realise you're wearing it most of the time.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Finally a good Etat Libre d’Orange under my nose. The opening is beautiful, lively, pleasant and solid: a sugary heart, orange-neroli zesty head notes, quite sweet but not “gourmand”; a rather natural, and slightly boozy kind of tart-sweet (think of Frapin’s Passion Boisée) with resins, honey, also tobacco to me, which overall kind of reminds me of a sort of child nephew of Fumerie Turque; less tobacco, more woody and more sweet – “less cigars and more candies”, shortly. Bright spices (ginger) melt with the citrus-woody accord. Finally, initially I get only a hint of immortelle, which however quickly takes the main stage and becomes the prominent note, with its peculiar earthy-boozy-floral personality, quite rich and “dirty” here – and other immortelle-based scents come to mind. What I really enjoy here is the citrus-floral silky breeze which provides a touch of grace and colour, a thin crystalline breezy-sweet accord which blends well with woods (a restrained, clean, yet slightly “dark” vetiver) to create a “spring”, joyful frame to the earthy smokiness of immortelle. I think the contrast between smoky-earthy, spicy-zesty and floral-sweet notes is perfect here, graceful and restrained enough to smell perfectly solid and utterly pleasant to wear; it kind of quotes and alludes to several other scents, blending them in something new and unique – from mainstream fruity-floral scents (like J’adore, just the first that came to mind) to spicy-citrus/neroli ones (Fendi Theorema) to the quite unrelated realm of earthy-tobacco-immortelle fragrances, from Histoires de Parfums 1740 to Huitième Art Fareb or Lutens’ Fumerie Turque. Not saying it is similar to any of these in particular; rather that like in a “collage” painting, it kind of takes bits and echoes of them, juxtaposing them here to create something new. Like a portrait made with bits of other portraits. On the drydown, though, one of those scents becomes more than an “echo” and comes quite more closer – Fendi Theorema (for women), mostly for the same interplay among citrus-orange notes and spices-woods. Other names and “quotes” aside, is a really well-made scent: it’s bright, pleasant, playful yet shady and smoky, tamed down enough to be safe and versatile, effortlessly elegant and velvety. Nice!

7,5-8/10

martinipie
martinipie

I don't know if it's because I am dabbing from a relatively old tester vial (~1 year old or so, I'd forgotten I had it!) or what, but I get no pumpkin at all from this--it's straight up soft fresh musk on me, very enjoyable and comfortable. The ginger is present as a crisp spicy edge, mostly evident in the back of my throat. I don't have much experience with immortelle but I suppose it gives the slightly chamomiley-tea feeling I'm getting to this musk. Projection seems decent--I get wafts every now and then--and it's still present after about two and a half hours.
I'd like to try a spray from a fresh bottle before really reviewing this but I'm mostly writing this review to speak to anyone afraid of the pumpkin: you may not get any, so test!

icingsugar
icingsugar

This fragrance is almost the definition of a gourmand. In my mind I imagine a cosy kitchen in the middle of the Scottish countryside: red and yellow leaves are falling outside, there's a real log fire burning in the next room, there's the smell of gingerbread baking in the oven and carrot cake on the table, the window sill is lined with jars of homemade jam.

This is my biggest comfort fragrance. It smells like an imaginary place where nothing ever changes or grows old, and everything tastes and smells good. This fragrance is like cuddling up in the winter cold by a roaring fire, wrapped in a tartan blanket and reading an old favourite book.

I didn't realise fragrances could smell like this! Completely beautiful yet familiar. I can completely imagine that Tilda Swinton had a lot to do with the composition of this fragrance as it is so unique and joyful

Neodymium
Neodymium

I seem to have had quite a different experience to other reviewers. I don't get any pumpkin. This smells like amber + a spice market to me. It was what I wanted to Ambre Sultan to be, and smells like it but better and more wearable, though still very unique. It's one of those fragrances that makes me continually sniff my wrist.

agentj
agentj

I was super excited to try this, because based on the reviews I was looking forward to smelling like a pumpkin spice latté. When I applied my sample this morning, all I get is a basic floral concoction. I can't even discern separate notes, it's just a safe and somewhat generic floral. Surely I got the wrong sample??? This was my first ELDO, and, well... Blah. I'm bummed.

archivist
archivist

Ungh. So good. I have longed for this perfume. One of my favorites is Arabie, a rich, syrupy rumtopf of dark fruits and spices left to melt together into a heady liquor. That's my idea of a good gourmand, but it's definitely very dark, and very rich, and very spicy.

It's wonderful when a perfume actually is exactly as you imagined it would be. Like This is absolutely a scented candle of a perfume - luminous, waxy, warm, sweet spices and pumpkin, dark brown sugar crumbled on top. The immortelle with the other notes does read as coffee on me, as I see it has done for others.

I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for the perfume equivalent of Pumpkin Spiced Latte. That said, it's also a nicely balanced perfume. This is not like blasting your clothes with Pumpkin Spice room spray (which I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE DONE BEFORE DON'T JUDGE ME). The rose, musk, heliotrope, and neroli all have their job in this scent, and I can smell them without working hard at it. The pumpkin is not stewed or overcooked, it smells bright and clean, more like carving fresh jack o'lanterns - though the almondy heliotrope and sugary immortelle certainly give it a pie vibe, the pumpkin itself never goes "brown."

I can imagine wearing this many places and days through Fall and Winter, especially to things like dinners and gatherings in October and November. I always hesitate to wear any perfume other than perhaps a tiny dab of Merveilles behind my ears to dinners, as I don't want people feeling like they have to eat my perfume with their turkey. Like This, on the other hand - it's just so lovely and non-perfumey as a perfume goes.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

Evocative of blanket-warmed memories, soft bosoms, full bellies, burnt edges on flaky pie crusts, wooden porch swings, dust dancing in sunbeams, the brown crackling of leaves, lazy afternoon yawns, moss covered stones, the epic in the everyday.

deborahmorais
deborahmorais

Unusual. Definitely not something I would purchase, for sure. I can smell the ginger, strongly. I can also smell the tangerine and musk. I would say this is for someone with a different personality than mine, it isn't bad, it just ain't for me. I would say it's a summer fragrance, not light by any means, but for summer.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

In my mind, I’m suddenly transported into a homey kitchen. Amber autumn sunlight is streaming through the windows, a crisp morning breeze rustling the white muslin curtains. I smell heliotrope from a bouquet in a white glazed metal pitcher on the butcher block counter; the smell is faint but present. I also smell Chai tea, with a hint of anise and cinnamon; this scent is more powerful when I put my wrist to my nose, as if lifting the cup to my mouth. The heliotrope smell is more constant but more subtle. There is a hay-like smell, dry and grassy, mingling with the floral note, like the smell of fall on the air.

I think the floral notes and the hay-like smell is a combination of the heliotrope, vetiver and immortelle. I’ve never smelled immortelle before, yet the description online fits what I smell—“fenugreek spice, curry and toasted bread….rich and satisfying.” It is a homey smell. Heliotrope to me is always homey to me: calming, sweet, pure, gentle; it always has a cherry pie and rice-like quality to it for me, and that is here. Immortelle smells less sweet, but still calming and gentle; more savory and less pure. There really is a smell of fenugreek and curry here. That, with the vetiver, citrus and ginger must have given me my Chai tea. Interestingly, fenugreek is used to promote lactation; the association lends to the incredibly maternal vibe I’m getting from this scent. If heliotrope is how babies and young mothers smell, the immortelle must be how older mothers smell: a little more bitter, a little less pure, a little less gentle, but still comforting and possibly more complex. I don’t really smell pumpkin. I know what pumpkin smells like—I’ve carved, chopped and roasted my share—but I don’t smell it here. Unless I use my imagination; then I sense that somehow it is preventing the dry notes from being too dry, giving a subtle and uncomplicated unctuousness that is very pumpkin-y.

This is an unusual yet comforting scent. I want to go visit wherever this is! I want to meet the woman whose house smells like this, whose presence is so comforting and genuine. I know that it is autumn there, and she probably has a huge garden and an orchard; I know that the hay has been baled and the scarecrows are working overtime in the corn fields, while pumpkins are being stacked on the back stoop with pie in their futures. I read the description of what Tilda wanted to create with this, and I think that she nailed it.

If you like a spicy scent, you may enjoy this; it is both savory and sweet, and could satisfy spice lovers from both ends. It is not a powerfully spicy scent but very subtle. I would also recommend this if you like a scent with a grassy, dry quality; or if you are looking for something very calming and maternal. Going back to the contrast between the immortelle and heliotrope, I will say this: If you love Lacoste Pour Femme with the fresh, springtime woman which that scent captures…you should try Like This as the autumnal manifestation of timeless femininity.

angelayio
angelayio

It reminds me Annick Goutal Nuit Etoile, I guess its the immortelle, only it is smoother, creamier and more complex composition. One of my favorites. Great longevity.(tested during the summer)

I wear it this fall and is even better, warm and cozy.

seanvik
seanvik

This is Maria Von Trapp's a few of my favorite things....IN AUTUMN! :)

I get yummy pumpkin bread and sweet ginger!

armadillo2
armadillo2

Nice scent but unfortunately it doesn't smells like Eau Folle di G. Laroche. I miss it

evilarchitect
evilarchitect

Vintage lipstick, carrot cake, sunshine and a woolen sweater. That's what I get.

fuggerone
fuggerone

floral carroty pumpkin utterly synthetic weirdness... it's unisex for the kinky gentleman!

alittlebrittle
alittlebrittle

I LOVE this scent! Love Rumi's poetry (do yourself a favor and read 'In The Arc of Your Mallet'. By far the most breath-taking love poem ever penned) love the uber-androGENIUS Tilda Swinton, love the packaging, bottle, the premise, the plot...

HOWEVER...

Once again, Etat...NO SILLAGE, NO LONGEVITY. So warm, the leaves of Autumn only crackle under the weight of your boots for about an hour, although the scent stays on cloth a lot longer.

This is spicy/herbal but not sweet spicy, so don't expect 'gourdmand' so much...more of the aromatic section of the spice market stalls, not sugary sweet , more bitter sweet on me, no tangerine, even upon initial app..mostly immortelle, ginger and vetiver. An embrace with a bite, and I sense no acrid pumpkin guts, thank god... there's a hint of Coppertone suntan lotion in there as well. At some point, I'm reminded of my homemade chutney, still warm, sampled from a wooden spoon, the curry simmering nearby...

I think some may get into a lather over the pumpkin and ginger, thinking more gingerBREAD and pumpkin PIE. This is much more complex

I would buy it this moment if it lasted for even an hour! What's up, ELO? You'd have so many idolizers for life if you'd give a bit more power to your creations...

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

It opens with a strong Immortelle and Pumpkin that combine to have an almost Cacao quality. I kept thinking, "wow, like bitter chocolate powder" It was lovely. There is also the hint of tangerine and Neroli behind the Cacao-like notes. There are no real florals in the opening but it does feel a bit boozy with the combo of cacao and citrus.

The heart warms up and bring out a lovey, warm Neroli blossom with a hint of Hyacinth. The pumpkin takes a back seat and allows the Immortelle and Florals to drive for a bit. Behind the warm Neroli and earthy spiciness (almost curry-like) of the Immortelle there is a nice ginger and vetiver pop. It gives some serious depth to the Immortelle and florals. There is also a bit of freshness from the clean musk. But just a hint. Someone complimented me during this phase of the scent's evolution and specifically mentioned the beautiful Orange blossom note. I think it's a combination of the Neroli and hyacinth that give it the orange blossom feel.

The drydown is beautiful. The Immortelle and musk are the strongest notes now. The pumpkin, vetiver and ginger are the notes behind the musk and Immortelle. The drydown is similar to the heart but the slightly citrusy vetiver replaces the citrusy notes of the neroli and the florals have faded away. Giving it a more earthy feel. There is much more of a fresh zing from the musk as it's almost the dominant note. This musk is truly lovely. It's clean, fresh, and gives the whole composition the zing it needs The pumpkin, and ginger help ground it and the Immortelle continues to offer it's odd spiciness. It's almost curry-like. But not the curry spices you buy in a bottle. It's like the fresh curry made with curry leaves, turmeric and a dash of cumin and cardamon.

This scent has great projection and lasts about 16 hours, maybe a bit longer (I showered it off). It doesn't become a skin scent until well after 10 hours. I was impressed with how long the Neroli lasted. Normally citrus and orange blossom notes are the first to fade. This house managed to extend it's life span quite a bit.

Great quality. Very Unique. Beautiful. One of my favorites. Also one of the few that I have been complimented on.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Hmmm nothing like I expected. The notes dont include any kind of spice nor pumpkin pie, and I dont smell any either. I was intrigued by so many reviews speaking of pumpkin pie, but test before you buy, because like me you may only detect the scent of the fresh gourd before it is mixed with spice and baked. This smells like a generic sweet and fruity perfume that could be Paris Hilton or J-Lo. It smells like a sugary hard candy with hints of fruit. It is totally linear. Lasts a few hours.

I should sample Noël au Balcon. Sounds like that may have the spice this stuff lacks.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Yet again, a blind buy.
How could I say no to pumpkim and ginger? My craving for yummy scents aroused, I was waiting impatiently for this perfume to arrive.
Alas, I forgot of the quite peculiar combination that immortelle creates with my skin.Somehow, it becomes some sort of stale sweetness, a bit like pot pourri.

Even so, the head notes of this perfume are clear, fresh and wonderful, and even though the immortelle kicked in, it was somewhat tamed by the pumpkin, ginger and vetiver. The eventual drydown is quite pleasant, and even though I will not wear it on an everyday basis, this is, for sure, a special scent to enjoy.

The longevity on me is very good, lasting for hours, and the sillage is not too great (I hate to force my scent on others). I would advise this for autumn-winter use mainly.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Guerlain's "L'Instant de Guerlain" used to be the perfect intimate winter cookie kitchen moment....until I have smelled this!!!

This is THANKSGIVING PARADISE. It's the warm hug coming from all the family you have not seen in ages, while the pumpkin and sweet potato pies are wafting their aromas across the entire house.

If you wanna smell like THANKSGIVING or HALLOWEEN, then THIS is your fragrance of choice. So warm, so comforting, so delightful. You just cannot help but sniff and you wanna eat your arm, or the one who wears it.

A gourmand masterpiece. Carrot Cake Bake Beauty.

Now put on the sexy, soultry Kelly Rowland song: "LIKE THIS".

ficusmuskus
ficusmuskus

Like this, by RUMI

If anyone asks you
how the perfect satisfaction
of all our sexual wanting
will look, lift your face
and say,

Like this.

When someone mentions the gracefulness
of the night sky, climb up on the roof
and dance and say,

If anyone wants to know what "spirit" is,
or what "God's fragrance" means,
lean your head toward him or her.
Keep your face there close.

Like this.

When someone quotes the old poetic image
about clouds gradually uncovering the moon,
slowly loosen knot by knot the strings
of your robe.

Like this.

If anyone wonders how Jesus raised the dead,
don't try to explain the miracle.
Kiss me on the lips.

Like this. Like this.

When someone asks what it means
to "die for love," point
here.

If someone asks how tall I am, frown
and measure with your fingers the space
between the creases on your forehead.

This tall.

The soul sometimes leaves the body, then returns.
When someone doesn't believe that,
walk back into my house.

When lovers moan,
they're telling our story.

Like this.

I am a sky where spirits live.
Stare into this deepening blue,
while the breeze says a secret.

Like this.

When someone asks what there is to do,
light the candle in his hand.

Like this.

How did Joseph's scent come to Jacob?
How did Jacob's sight return?

A little wind cleans the eyes.

When Shams comes back from Tabriz,
he'll put just his head around the edge
of the door to surprise us

Like this.

ps.this is not a comment

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Love this.
The initial blast smells of spring. Of beautiful spring flowers. Then it turns into, as so many have mentioned before, a pumpkin pie. There's ginger, heliotrope and pumpkin. The batter for the pumpkin pie has been seasoned with a good bit of salt, which makes sure that, depsite the heavy gourmand qualities, this never becomes too sweet or even remotely candy like.
There's not only pumpkin pie, the smell is mixed with other cookery smells (curries mainly, towards the later drydown), some of them old and infused in the walls of the kitchen. This truly smells like a country home to me.
This is not elegant, not sexy, not classy. It is the perfect soft comfort scent. A perfect winter scent, for someone who is comfortable with who he/she is, but needs a shield against the elements outside. A scent to accompany the reading of a good book, while drinking tea and eating a slice of, well, pumpkin pie ofcourse!

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

The immortelle is strong in this one.
For the first few minutes it smells very similar to L'Occitane Immortelle de Corse then it softens a bit (whereas the L'Occitane one doesn't mellow)and amps up the spice a bit. A very comforting scent - definately a winter warming, cosy fragrance. One thing that doesn't do it for me is after a couple of hours it becomes very "dry" smelling. I think I like it best when it's in the middle notes.

schokolade
schokolade

this IS interesting!
at first, I smell hot water and pumpkin then after a few minutes, the musk is appearing onto surface.
very cozy and comforting but base note is a little too common.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

According to Tilda Swinton and Etat Libre d'Orange, God must smell like carrot cake rising in the oven!

I must say, I found this to be a lovely fragrance brimming with homely sun-kissed warmth. Normally I do not like neroli, but its touch is so delicate here. The ginger and immortelle add a dry, sweet spiciness and a slightly gourmand quality, without descending into sticky immaturity.

Thankfully the immortelle is more of a textural note and doesn't over power things with its typical dusty pencil shavings and curry accord. I also get a hint of a clean green rose in the opening, buried beneath the warm gingerbread deliciousness.

"Like This" is a warm, cosy and delicate Autumnal scent that makes its wearer smell very huggable indeed. Thumbs up!

miniwidget

Not like this, LOVE THIS. Sometimes a fragrance has its own unique place among my MANY perfumes. This is one of them. It is singularly delicious to wear, just unique. This fragrance is a stand in my fragrance collection, in good company, since I have ten Serge Luten fragrances, apres L'ondee, Lumiere Noir and Oud by Maison Francis Kurkdjan, le feu d'issey, the list goes on . This one is just special. If you love ginger, this is a unique and a delightful take on it,and who would have thought pumpkin could be so wonderful in a fragrance. I just love Like This. Its a perfect scent for fall. Like pumpkin pie with homemade ginger whipped cream. Yummy!

anhphuongha
anhphuongha

This scent, on me, is pure comfort. The "lipstick" note is very strong at the opening, and it reminds me of my childhood and being embraced by powdered-and-lipsticked older women. The ginger note shines, and though there is a curry note--the immortelle?--at the heart, it is not unpleasant. This is the perfect holidays fragrance!

Eos
Eos

FYI: for those who are wondering why they get a note that sometimes smells like curry, its the immortelle.

wilbs
wilbs

Let me begin by warning I went into sniffing this perfume with a preconceived bias; I love Tilda Swinton. I knew I wanted to love this perfume.

Imagine smelling like a pumpkin roasted with ginger, garam masala and orange juice. Actually don't, that makes this perfume sound awful. ELD'O Tilda Swinton Like This is an orange cake & a pumpkin pie laid out on a table in a cosy kitchen where empty dishes of curry have just been cleared. The curry aspect isn't WHAM BAM, more in the background. I attribute this to the immortelle and ginger combination.

Nice one Tilds.

pravda48
pravda48

I was impressed that I could actually smell the notes in this so realistically that I identified pumpkin and fresh ginger and musk, and what I thought was 'orange blossom' (now I see: neroli + tangerine). Very impressed that it's so clear since I'm by no means an expert at dissecting scents yet. Having forgotten the notes that were in this since ordering a lot of samples all at once, and having just carved a pumpkin for Halloween a few days ago, this really smells like...

ginger snaps baking while carving a pumpkin, with a very fragrant bouquet of flowers nearby. So real! Makes my mouth water.

Caution: go easy on it. I did get overzealous with my sampling the 1st go and it gave me a headache.

ETA: only thing preventing me from clicking 'love' is 3 hr longevity on my skin. No curry or weird leather notes on me, but it's funny to see such different experiences with this! I get the top rated notes exactly, with a touch of something resembling (strongly) maple syrup which contributes to the gourmand/pie tones. (Think: molasses in homemade pie). Sadly it just doesn't cut it on longevity. Sillage is good for me though through 3 hrs before it becomes a nose-to-skin scent.

Also as a side note, I asked my (ex) bf what it smelled like and all he said was 'musky', too musky. Not what I got at ALL. Strange.

aletheaborealis
aletheaborealis

The quintessence of autumn in a bottle, a cuddly blend of all things orange; sweetened pumpkin pulp, dried immortelle, vanilla extract, mixed spices, late summer tangerines juiced over vetiver and candied ginger. Though it's not listed, at times I pick up a hint of maple syrup.

This smells so unique and like nothing else I own, it's warm and soft like cashmere, wears like second skin yet has such diffusive sillage. It's absolutely delicious and the pumpkin note is so intriguing. Loving this so much; the perfect scent to douse yourself with to welcome October, scarlet/saffron/amber leaves and fall.

Caramelle
Caramelle

Like This was love at first sniff for me!
It smells like the packaging suggests, warm and golden.
I am wearing this on a gorgeous,sunny but cool October Day and it's the perfect choice.
It smells unique,comforting with the pumpkin,vanilla and immortelle notes. A gourmand with a twist,so it doesn't smell like cookies,but there is still an almost edible quality to it which makes it so addictive.

This in my opionion smells special, but still very wearable.
I consider it a masterpiece.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

First wearing was like wow this is really really different. It was singing beautiful songs of spice, pumpkin, summer relaxation......then the drydown came and all I could think of was dirty dusty gym mats from school unwashed kids feet and sweaty palms and lord knows whatever else. Sorry, I not like this.

scentiment
scentiment

Rethsarah! I TOTALLY get the curry too! SOO glad it wasn't just me. Because, i LOVED this scent, at first. the fresh cut ginger, the soft/sweet citrus, and after a little while the pumpkin, further sweetened by a little heliotrope (i think..?) but now, 4 hours after application i get,.....curry. and How sad indeed.

This could've been a great friendship and it started out beautifully. But alas, Tilda, I DON'T "Like This".

siauseque
siauseque

Loved the idea but this singed my nostrils and gave me a sore throat. I'm all for trying unusual things and this did not disappoint in that respect.
aaAAHHH-CHoOoo!!

rethsarah
rethsarah

It's a good thing I love perfume and can find redeeming qualities even in compositions I generally dislike, which is why it pains me so to give 'Like This' the thumbs down. I love Rumi: the perfume 'Like This' is based on is one of my favourites. I like Tilda Swinton. In fact, I like every damn thing about the description and creative process of this scent (by the way, have you read Graindemusc's beautiful making-of?).

However...Like This managed to pull something off that I have never before experienced. It managed to embarrass me.

I was instantly wary because THIS immortelle is fenugreek and spice on me instead of maple-caramel. That wouldn't be an altogether bad thing if it wasn't the central focus of this otherwise deliciously cozy scent. See, the problem is that when I wear Like This, I smell curry and the dreaded '90s 'Parachute' brand hair oil. This is a problem because I'm Indian. A couple of days ago, I spent an hour an a half in a closed car with my Swiss boss squirming to high heavens because I was propagating a ridiculous stereotype.

Even the gloriously atmospheric, transportive country-kitchen-in-the-afternoon scent it becomes by the time the base notes show up is little redemption.

Like This smells like something I could have loved. Doesn't mean you shouldn't! :-)

Hoxx
Hoxx

I had a strange feeling when I tried this for the first time. As I really couldn’t find anything even remote to interesting to me in ELDO range, I suddenly felt the smell I couldn’t describe at all. What was weird about it is how much I’ve liked it, actually. After few tries, I understood what I should’ve known from the beginning – this may become my signature one day, even if marketed for women.

I was intoxicated with the opening of Like This. A blend of succulent citrus note and freshly cut ginger was joined by a perfectly executed pumpkin note. It was a miraculous experience to my senses, and quite unique and extraordinary. After that I got a conglomerate of flowers – that’s probably why there is ‘for women’ label here on Fragrantica, mixing with the remains of the top notes, but that is only a sort of bridge to the real star of this scent, a rather soliflore drydown.

Now, to get things straight, I don’t actually know what immortelle is. But I found a flowery, syrupy and rather unusual note in the base of the fragrance. It’s something I have never encountered before. It was a very rich odor, an aromatic, floral and even gourmand at the same time. And even if it was multilayered I could have sworn it all comes from the same origin, same plant.

Just as the fragrance was losing its strength(approximately after 6-7hours) I could feel a bit of muskiness layering the previous base note, but soon after it disappeared completely. It gives a decent aura, projecting a bit but still being quiet rather than loud.

This thing kept me fascinated. At first I loved its pumpkin-pie-and-ginger opening. Later I fell in love with the drydown. Now, I love every aspect of this, but still it’s an aroma of, I believe, immortelle, a key drydown note, that makes me want this so hard. Now I know I just have to find the way to try Sables by Annick Goutal. I have to find the way to further explore this note.

9.5/10

Bettany87
Bettany87

I have to admit that the rave reviews here and one particular non-positive review from another site saying that this smells like sweaty leather at an old gym sparked my interest and I had to try "TILDA SWINTON : LIKE THIS" right away. With such a mixed review, I'd like to take a stab at it.

My personal experience:
It's sweet and juicy upon initial application, not a familiar scent to me yet comforting. The scent gradually softened and an herbal quality emerged. I get the ginger melding harmoniously with the tangerine and floral notes. There is this honeyed lusciousness I keep on getting making it so addictive and gourmand on the skin. About two hours after, the musk makes its presence known lending the whole concoction the sensual character to match that aromatic sweetness. It's beautifully complex, it has depth and warmth, it's rich and very appealing.

The verdict: Oh, yes, full bottle worthy! Another addition to my "want list".

BTW, thanks to Allinug for bringing this fragrance to my attention.

Allinug
Allinug

This perfume is wonderful and not like other perfumes. When i first got it I thought Oh what is this, but in a good way.
It smells of ginger, pumpkin and something burnt and sweet and behind it all a smell of flowers.Great lasting power, between 12-15 hours.

Every day since I got it I have been wearing it at some point of the day even if I had some other perfume on.

I love this perfume, it is really special and I am proud to own a bottle.

aveilhe
aveilhe

Like This is pure coziness in a bottle.

Upon first spray, the floral notes (heliotrope particularly) and spices are in equal balance, but as the perfume settles on my skin, the ginger, pumpkin, and immortelle become the stars of the show for several hours.

Toward the end of the dry-down, Like This becomes a feminine, honeyed floral (yes, the floral notes re-emerge!). It is reminiscent of Annick Goutal's Sables at this stage (an immortelle soliflore), but lighter and less syrupy. And finally, a hint of earthy, slightly leathery vetiver emerges. What a gorgeous ride this one takes you on!

While my associations tend toward the cool Fall months when wearing this (Thanksgiving season, specifically), it is soft and inviting enough to wear year-round (Ok, maybe not in the harshest heat).

This is the only floral/spicy/gourmand that I know of that can be described as delicate and understated. It is the equivalent of wearing a silk negligee with a whisper-soft cashmere cardigan. Utterly soothing and sensual.

antfarm
antfarm

I was enamored with this--I think simply for novelty value, and because I like Tilda Swinton. It smelled unlike anything else I've ever tried, and was very vegetal and sweet like some kind of exotic gourd that can only be found at Korean markets, so I bought a full bottle. The bottle is really creative too--it looks like a little firecracker with a red tube atomizer, and a fireburst on the label. However, after owning a bottle, I had to swap it away because all I can smell after the intriguing gourd-flesh opening is the syrupy immortelle drydown.

EDIT: I think I need to rebuy this. I sort of miss it, like there is a hole in my collection where it once used to be.

trueblue19
trueblue19

I absolutely adore Tilda Swinton and this perfume is just as unique as her.

Like This strikes me so emotional that it brings tears to my eyes, no joking. Heliotrope as a note always casts this spell of nostalgia on me. It instantly reminds me of my grandma, and many of an afternoon I spent next to her as a sickly child. She was doing embroidery by the window with her glasses on, while I was lying on her knees reading books or leaning against the wall, looking out of the window and thinking about things that usually wouldn't come to a child's mind: death, solitude, karma etc. The thick and sweet 2pm sunshine overflew the room like golden syrup, bringing out the woody scent in the old furniture. Like This smells exactly like the room at this moment, like the smell of my grandma's warm, dry palm. It's a drop of time, time of tranquility and reassurance, time when hope glints through dust.

The orange-ginger combination does give this fragrance a hint of just baked gingerbread, but dominant immortelle neutralises the sweetness and makes it too herbal to become a foodie dessert scent. I don't get any pumpkin at all, not much rose either. Vetyver is another prominent note, along with clean musk make Like This a perfect unisex scent, just like Tilda Swinton's Orlando, 'Do not fade. Do not wither. Do not grow old'. As you can imagine, this is not a loud but kind of skin scent, which lasts and lasts.

blauriche
blauriche

It smells like gingerbread and champagne in a bed of flowers and somehow I think it's glorious.

Moonds
Moonds

Gorgeous! I just wanted to eat my arm!

This scent was shnuggly and personal; with a slight cookie smell but it also conjured a wild garden in autumn.

Not incredibly long lasting but this is something you would want to apply once again in the day.

It's not possible to wear this and not think of Tilda Swinton, but for me, this just gave me permission to be a little less mainstream and a little more quirky.

9-na
9-na

First I smell pumkin flower, leaves, pumkin itself. Then this scent turns into other flowers on me, not the pumkin kind, with a pinch of greens, and the pumkin turns into background music. It is sort of nice, but I would have been happier if this scent had more pumkin in it.

carneiro7
carneiro7

Like This starts with a thick jelly of orange and neroli, followed by dried ginger and immortelle. It becomes musky and woody as time goes by. Rose and vetiver give it some freshness.

I see Like This as an hologram of Tilda Swinton: gorgeous, singular and otherworldly.

The downside: No sillage and no longevity, as usual from this brand.

heatherine
heatherine

I was not disappointed with this perfume. Even though I don't pick up any of the pumpkin (which was what intrigued me from the reviews) it is absolute magic on my skin. I thought that freesia was my favorite floral, then I thought it was peony, then rose...now I'm certain it's actually immortelle. LIKE THIS begins so incredibly with the immortelle, and as it dries down the tangerine and the heliotrope & ginger show in stunning form. I ordered a FB within minutes of putting this on. It has great sillage - not too overpowering but I don't have to stuff my nose into my skin to smell it (Note, I applied with a dab, not an atomizer), and it has lasted a good 7 hours, ending with rose, vetiver and musk. A total winner. LOVE THIS.

finanna
finanna

This is so scrumptious! Sticky, spicy orange cake metamorphoses into yummy pumpkin pie with a hint of curry (immortelle speaking?) and dries down to spicy gourmand from heaven. Still, something reminds me about Classique by JPG.

A bit surprised to find this under the floral grouping because on my skin this is more like a gourmand floriental with little emphasis on flowers. Good sillage, lasts 8+ hours. Absolutely lovely, warm scent, but can be suffocating in warmer climate if applied too heavily. I was trying to save this for winter but ended up finishing my bottle even before the first autumn days. Will definitely replace! Strongly recommended!

Etat Libre d'Orange TILDA SWINTON LIKE THIS is a very foody perfume. Which is ironic, given that Tilda Swinton looks like a walking skeleton. She definitely cuts a strange figure--rather like Stella Tennant, who despite looking like a boy became a wildly successful supermodel. I guess there's hope for everyone. Anyway, back to the fragrance.

LIKE THIS opens very boozily with a blast of orange liqueur--not as nice as Cointreau, but with that much orange. Then comes dessert: a sweet pumpkin flan with a generous infusion of ginger. All of this foodiness really reminds me of the kitchen, which is I guess what Tilda Swinton wanted, so in that sense this scent succeeds. But as a perfume to wear? That's another story.

If I were to try to compare this odd creation to something else it would be either Bond no 9 CONEY ISLAND or Histoires de Parfums 1873. However those two do not remind me of kitchens and pumpkin pie. Even in the drydown, when the sweetness has subsided to some extent, I still feel that this was all about an eating event. I don't know, maybe I've just cooked too many sweet pumpkin dishes, and those experiences make this scent seem more like that of a cook, not a celebrity.

I wonder whether pumpkin and tangerine were selected to match Tilda's hair and freckles? Hmmm... that seems pretty bourgeois to me. Come to think of it: this fragrance could also work for Carmella Soprano, who spends a lot of time in the kitchen. Although she's usually making chicken parm.

Solvita
Solvita

this one is very strange,just shocked.Fruity with spices at first,on my skin after 1 hour it becomes powdery-floral.

kris919
kris919

If you like Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau, then you'll "like this" as well. Jeux de Peau was a perfume I sampled and couldn't stand so obviously, I don't like this one either.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

This is not a feminine ... it's really more of a true androgenous frag! It's also bloody amazing is what it is!!! I have often regarded Tilda Swinton exactly that way ... amazingly androgenous ... especially her portrayal of Gabriel in the movie Constantine. I really don't get any pumpkin, but there is a touch of mustiness in the top that is very agreeable to my nose. Then straight into a beautiful melange of ginger, neroli, rose and soft soft musk. I bought it today ... totally astounding myself that I found not one, but two frags from this house that are celebrity scents (which I generally abhor), and two scents that don't remind me of each other at all ... as a lot of other ELd'O do. Very fruitful day at the fragrance shop!

Kterhark
Kterhark

When I first saw 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' I said to myself (of Swinton's performance) 'Now that there's an Oscar winner'. I said it just like that too, because I'm from the Midwest, and that's how we talk.

But when it came to sniffing 'Like this', I didn't declare such adoration. Out of the gate it's interesting, but quickly spirals into a wicked bag of sweeties. The pumpkin/ginger note just does not work here. Personal preference, I'm sure; but this fruit is one too many wrinkles past its time; it died on the vine a long time ago and no amount of immortal is going to bring it to life.

I"m not even sure what scent profile could pull this off. Masculine? Or Icy Witch? While you're deciding I'm going to go wash my wrist. This sample is amplifying on me like a bad performance, and that there's not good.

Bandit

I love Tilda Swinton. She is sooo sexy (I'm a girl, by the way). Want to try her perfume just out of adoration for her.

Check out her movies, she is so great!

(Sorry for cheesing this board with fandom, I couldn't resist.)

zapling
zapling

I was tempted to sample Like This, because other people thought it had gourmand notes. Alas, not on me. For me it's a kind-of-nice Rose scent with an awfully yucky undertow that I can't quite define. Is it sweaty leather on old gym furniture? A green note, similar to the plant-like overtone in Gordon's Dry Gin? Greased metal? Liquorice root trashed in mud?
I have found that same dirty base tone in Blond Suede, in Divin d'Enfant and Jeux de Peau- and didn't like it there, either.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This is very foodie on me, and whilst I don't normally go for foodie fragrances, this one really appeals. The initial notes are quite sweet and warming with a bitter undertone - I assume this is the neroli and ginger mixing with the basenotes. The drydown is where the fragrance really comes into its own, it's a subtle mixture of sugar and spice. Reasonable sillage and longevity is a few hours. I don't think there's anything quite like Like This.

TigerEyes
TigerEyes

I love Like This for the feeling it evokes. Home indeed. It just settles a part of my yearning, slightly homesick mind back to something familiar... and the indoor/outdoor dimension of the fragrance sustains those of us not yet arrived to the part of the journey which leads back home.
This perfume has a sense of place.

Update: 24 hours later, and still lingering soft, warm and sweet on my skin.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Like This....
What a unique fragrance....
there are slightly Floral notes...
and an earthy quality to it ...
Creamy like a Mushroom or Moss...
but not a dirty earthy feel ..
it's far to cheerful.
I guess the Rose helps with that ...
The Musk gives it a wonderful
leather-ish finish ..
it all settles together ..
quite nicely on my skin ..

I noticed that
the Leather-ish notes settled into a very ...
yummy "MAPLE SYRUP" scent ..
strange ..yes..
but Wonderfully Unique!

I like the compliments I'm getting while wearing this fragrance.
and it seams everybody is intrigued by the name and by the poem it is inspired by as they are with the scent.

Not only do I appear to be well scented
but very interesting as well...

I'll definitely rank Like This among the most successful fragrances in the Etat Libre D'Orange range. It opens with a consistent ginger and pumpkin accord that's quite catchy and amazingly executed, then immortelle makes its appearance together with incense (the boswelia carteri type IMO) adding depth and a touch of mistery (this is the best part of the fragrance). Vetiver is also playing a remarkable role perfectly working with incense to assure a comfortable and very nice drydown.

Overall, this is an amazing scent, gentle and discreet, based on the most simple concept that a perfume, first of all, has to smell good, and in this context Like This surely fits the bill. Inspired by androgynous actress Tilda Swinton, this fragrance is often marketed as feminine, but I strongly believe it can do great also on a man. Highly recommended. Original without being odd.

Rating: 8.5/10

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

I think this creation depicts perfectly Tilda's concept of a homely atmosphere, emphasising the cooking part. Although the very first waft of this unusual perfume reminded me of a suntan lotion- in a pleasant way, as it settled I got yummy accords of olive oil, citrus, burning caramel (subtle immortele) and maybe the sweet note that doesn't feel floral should be the pumpkin. Yes, I was transported to a cosy kitchen, hugging someone who has just cooked sth delicious for me! And then I expected it to gradually evolve and reach its full potential in the heart notes. Nope. I became impatient to see an interesting transition, kept smelling my wrist, but in the end I was disappointed. Like driving a Ferrari on a highway at only 30 mph!

Melchizedek
Melchizedek

Sharpened sweet orgnge at first, dries down into a warm mixture of bitter sweet coffee and caramel.

querelle
querelle

Great! This is a blast of all it's components down to every gramm and then it gives each one of them, it's time in the spotlight. And at a point, they all start to play with each other till it settles down to seriously nostalgic dry-down, with beautiful sunsets and the feeling of being gracefully big and complete. It gives you the feeling of a place you love dearly.
It would be great on a woman but it would be absolutely amazing on the right guy. You see it has that muted masculinity which craves for the right time to unfold.

Respect to Mathilde.

Cereza
Cereza

Finally my cold is over and I can start testing again and what's a better start than this little piece by Etat Libre D'Orange?
This opens very weird, it has some kind of "old lipstick" quality to it, it feels almost bitter and I can definitely detect loads of immortal and rose at the opening, those two probably make this strange mix. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just surprising.
When the scent evolves I get lots of heliotrope, the mixture becomes a lot sweeter and almost feels syrupy, it still has the "old lipstick rose" feeling, but it's more manageable for my nose than before. At the heart tangerine appears as well and this smells lovely, it gives the "zesty" feeling. I don't get any ginger or neroli though, but I'm not complaining. The vetiver hits in as well.
I can say - this is not from this world, the all composition feels almost surreal just as the actress. It suits the name and her perfectly. Not the perfume I'd enjoy smelling like, but might do wonders for others, a really unique gem! Try it!

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I was eagerly waiting for my sample from luckyscent, and got it today. I can't smell anything..?! I'm serious, I smell nothing. This can't be right, can it..? :-/
Update: I tried this immediately after a shower and it was lovely... but very understated. One might need a full bottle to truly experience this.

TankGirl
TankGirl

I dont understand why is Tilda Swinton so fascinating for so many people but one thing is certain, this perfume is very very nice...
I wouldnt call it unique or very etat libre d'oranger, actually I think l'occitanne could easily do something like this..but yes, its definatly a good perfume, really confi, warm...I would describe it as "welcoming". The color combines with Tilda Swinton's hair..this perfume is really deeply orange :D
It will do a really nice scented candle too...
In general..on my skin this is all about tangerine, ginger and neroli with the usuall musk base. I like it but Etat Libre D'oranger could easily do something more creative I guess...
by the way...is funny to realise that niche houses are doing celebrity perfumes too, but i'm not even mad -.-'

adrienn99
adrienn99

this frag is quite likeable, well-balanced. the notes are not easy to tell apart on my skin.

Got some flowers on the opening, not too much though.

As someone mentioned the drydown is somewhat coffee-like woody with a little hint of ginger.

Not sure why but his one reminds me of Wazamba and Ambre Narguile.

I would call this one unisex, though.

Mimmi
Mimmi

Am I the only one getting plenty of ginger from this? Yes, I get some faint and very pleasant flowers, some of the fruit, the pinch of vetiver too - but the ginger is dominating. As much as I initially like the fresh raw quality of it, the ginger after a while gets hot beyond warming and is giving a burning, almost numbing, sensation to my nostrils. Unfortunately a failure with my chemistry. Trying on Your skin should be a must. Lastingpower very good.

Very light and grassy in a dried way, with a feeling of milky coffee in the back. I really wanted to smell pumpkin, but I don't really detect that on my skin. The ginger and tangerine are just faintly there, as additions rather than strong presence, and overall it's a nice but strange scent. It's a mood almost more than a perfume.

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

This is an intriguing perfume. It's warm, yet perfect on a summer day. It's spicy, yet calming. It's sweet, yet utterly sophisticated.

Like This is definitely outside my normal perfume buying price range, but after testing it I know it's worth every penny.

Carnelian
Carnelian

This one is tough to describe, I have never smelled anything quite like it. It's like - slightly over-ripe (but not sweet) carved pumpkin over top of (not blended in with) some pretty florals and musk - this one is definitely structural, it has layers of scent. The pumpkin does fade a great deal after about an hour, and what's left is nice enough - I get rose & musk the most. The description lists two kinds of citrus, but that is not so strong to me, it's more in the background. This fragrance has a nice, warm creaminess to it - very earthy! Interesting; different. There's something slightly bitter at the base that isn't so great to my nose. Not my kind of scent, but it is different enough to make it worth the wear! Note: make sure to put enough of this on to get the full experience.

adele l
adele l

Well i got a decant and i need to retest but i'm afraid to..what started out as a lovely, unique skin scent on me turned into lysol disinfectant spray. Like This was a pretty, soft pumpkin pie initially, pleasant and comforting, but i wonder if the headspace technology picked up on something (covering up) something else in the house! I don't wear citrus well but i still love Tilda!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This sounds so intriguing. I love ginger and immortelle and nowhere near enough fragrances feature tangerine! I'd love to smell this!!

Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d`Orange 4.06 out of 5 based on 514 ratings and 101 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etat Libre d`Orange Tilda Swinton Like This fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Etat Libre d`Orange Tilda Swinton Like This, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d`Orange. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d`Orange represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.