Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange for women

Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange for women
dislike

herbal
Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange for women Pictures Tilda Swinton Like This Etat Libre d`Orange for women Pictures

Etat Libre d’Orange launches a new fragrance in March 2010, second celebrity perfume in a row, this time inspired by the English actress Tilda Swinton. Her favorite scent is the scent of home, so she wanted a fragrance that will be a magical potion with that kind of smell. Mathilde Bijaoui created for her a composition of yellow tangerine, ginger, pumpkin, immortelle, Moroccan neroli, Grass rose, vetiver, heliotrope and musk.

It is available as 50 ml EDP.

"I have always located my favourite fragrances at the doorways of kitchens, in the heart of a greenhouse, at the bottom of a garden. Scent means place to me : place and state of mind - even state of grace. Certainly state of ease. My favourite smells are the smells of home, the experience of the reliable recognisable after the exotic adventure: the regular - natural - turn of the seasons, simplicity and softness after the duck and dive of definition in the wide, wide world.

When Mathilde Bijaoui first asked me what my own favourite scent in a bottle might contain, I described a magic potion that I could carry with me wherever I went that would hold for me the fragrance - the spirit - of home. The warm ginger of new baking on a wood table, the immortelle of a fresh spring afternoon, the lazy sunshine of my grandfather's summer greenhouse, woodsmoke and the whisky peat of the Scottish Highlands after rain. I told her about a bottle of spirit, something very simple, to me : something almost indescribable, so personal it should be. The miracle is that Mathilde made it.

The great Sufi poet Rumi wrote :
If anyone wants to know what "spirit" is,

or what "God’s fragrance" means,

lean your head toward him or her.

Keep your face there close.
Like this.

This is possibly my favourite poem of all time.

It restores me like the smoke/rain/gingerbread/ greenhouse my scent-sense is fed by. It is a poem about simplicity, about human-scaled miracles. About trust. About home.

In my fantasy there is a lost chapter of Alice in Wonderland - after the drink saying Drink Me, after the cake pleading Eat Me - where the adventuring, alien, Alice, way down the rabbit hole, far from the familiar and maybe somewhat homesick - comes upon a modest glass with a ginger stem reaching down into a pale golden scent that humbly suggests : Like This…"

Tilda Swinton

Composition: Yellow tangerine, ginger, immortelle flower, Moroccan Neroli, Grasse rose, vetyver, heliotrope, musks..."

vetyver Musk Immortelle Neroli Ginger Tangerine Heliotrope Rose Pumpkin

Eau Folle
La Fin Du Monde

Tilda Swinton Like This Fragrance Reviews

angelayio
angelayio

It reminds me Annick Goutal Nuit Etoile, I guess its the immortelle, only it is smoother, creamier and more complex composition. One of my favorites. Great longevity.

seanvik
seanvik

This is Maria Von Trapp's a few of my favorite things....IN AUTUMN! :)

I get yummy pumpkin bread and sweet ginger!

armadillo2
armadillo2

Nice scent but unfortunately it doesn't smells like Eau Folle di G. Laroche. I miss it

evilarchitect
evilarchitect

Vintage lipstick, carrot cake, sunshine and a woolen sweater. That's what I get.

fuggerone
fuggerone

floral carroty pumpkin utterly synthetic weirdness... it's unisex for the kinky gentleman!

alittlebrittle
alittlebrittle

I LOVE this scent! Love Rumi's poetry (do yourself a favor and read 'In The Arc of Your Mallet'. By far the most breath-taking love poem ever penned) love the uber-androGENIUS Tilda Swinton, love the packaging, bottle, the premise, the plot...

HOWEVER...

Once again, Etat...NO SILLAGE, NO LONGEVITY. So warm, the leaves of Autumn only crackle under the weight of your boots for about an hour, although the scent stays on cloth a lot longer.

This is spicy/herbal but not sweet spicy, so don't expect 'gourdmand' so much...more of the aromatic section of the spice market stalls, not sugary sweet , more bitter sweet on me, no tangerine, even upon initial app..mostly immortelle, ginger and vetiver. An embrace with a bite, and I sense no acrid pumpkin guts, thank god... there's a hint of Coppertone suntan lotion in there as well. At some point, I'm reminded of my homemade chutney, still warm, sampled from a wooden spoon, the curry simmering nearby...

I think some may get into a lather over the pumpkin and ginger, thinking more gingerBREAD and pumpkin PIE. This is much more complex

I would buy it this moment if it lasted for even an hour! What's up, ELO? You'd have so many idolizers for life if you'd give a bit more power to your creations...

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

It opens with a strong Immortelle and Pumpkin that combine to have an almost Cacao quality. I kept thinking, "wow, like bitter chocolate powder" It was lovely. There is also the hint of tangerine and Neroli behind the Cacao-like notes. There are no real florals in the opening but it does feel a bit boozy with the combo of cacao and citrus.

The heart warms up and bring out a lovey, warm Neroli blossom with a hint of Hyacinth. The pumpkin takes a back seat and allows the Immortelle and Florals to drive for a bit. Behind the warm Neroli and earthy spiciness (almost curry-like) of the Immortelle there is a nice ginger and vetiver pop. It gives some serious depth to the Immortelle and florals. There is also a bit of freshness from the clean musk. But just a hint. Someone complimented me during this phase of the scent's evolution and specifically mentioned the beautiful Orange blossom note. I think it's a combination of the Neroli and hyacinth that give it the orange blossom feel.

The drydown is beautiful. The Immortelle and musk are the strongest notes now. The pumpkin, vetiver and ginger are the notes behind the musk and Immortelle. The drydown is similar to the heart but the slightly citrusy vetiver replaces the citrusy notes of the neroli and the florals have faded away. Giving it a more earthy feel. There is much more of a fresh zing from the musk as it's almost the dominant note. This musk is truly lovely. It's clean, fresh, and gives the whole composition the zing it needs The pumpkin, and ginger help ground it and the Immortelle continues to offer it's odd spiciness. It's almost curry-like. But not the curry spices you buy in a bottle. It's like the fresh curry made with curry leaves, turmeric and a dash of cumin and cardamon.

This scent has great projection and lasts about 16 hours, maybe a bit longer (I showered it off). It doesn't become a skin scent until well after 10 hours. I was impressed with how long the Neroli lasted. Normally citrus and orange blossom notes are the first to fade. This house managed to extend it's life span quite a bit.

Great quality. Very Unique. Beautiful. One of my favorites. Also one of the few that I have been complimented on.

Hmmm nothing like I expected. The notes dont include any kind of spice nor pumpkin pie, and I dont smell any either. I was intrigued by so many reviews speaking of pumpkin pie, but test before you buy, because like me you may only detect the scent of the fresh gourd before it is mixed with spice and baked. This smells like a generic sweet and fruity perfume that could be Paris Hilton or J-Lo. It smells like a sugary hard candy with hints of fruit. It is totally linear. Lasts a few hours.

I should sample Noël au Balcon. Sounds like that may have the spice this stuff lacks.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Yet again, a blind buy.
How could I say no to pumpkim and ginger? My craving for yummy scents aroused, I was waiting impatiently for this perfume to arrive.
Alas, I forgot of the quite peculiar combination that immortelle creates with my skin.Somehow, it becomes some sort of stale sweetness, a bit like pot pourri.

Even so, the head notes of this perfume are clear, fresh and wonderful, and even though the immortelle kicked in, it was somewhat tamed by the pumpkin, ginger and vetiver. The eventual drydown is quite pleasant, and even though I will not wear it on an everyday basis, this is, for sure, a special scent to enjoy.

The longevity on me is very good, lasting for hours, and the sillage is not too great (I hate to force my scent on others). I would advise this for autumn-winter use mainly.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Guerlain's "L'Instant de Guerlain" used to be the perfect intimate winter cookie kitchen moment....until I have smelled this!!!

This is THANKSGIVING PARADISE. It's the warm hug coming from all the family you have not seen in ages, while the pumpkin and sweet potato pies are wafting their aromas across the entire house.

If you wanna smell like THANKSGIVING or HALLOWEEN, then THIS is your fragrance of choice. So warm, so comforting, so delightful. You just cannot help but sniff and you wanna eat your arm, or the one who wears it.

A gourmand masterpiece. Carrot Cake Bake Beauty.

Now put on the sexy, soultry Kelly Rowland song: "LIKE THIS".

ficusmuskus
ficusmuskus

If anyone asks you
how the perfect satisfaction
of all our sexual wanting
will look, lift your face
and say,

Like this.

When someone mentions the gracefulness
of the nightsky, climb up on the roof
and dance and say,

If anyone wants to know what "spirit" is,
or what "God's fragrance" means,
lean your head toward him or her.
Keep your face there close.

Like this.

When someone quotes the old poetic image
about clouds gradually uncovering the moon,
slowly loosen knot by knot the strings
of your robe.

Like this.

If anyone wonders how Jesus raised the dead,
don't try to explain the miracle.
Kiss me on the lips.

Like this. Like this.

When someone asks what it means
to "die for love," point
here.

If someone asks how tall I am, frown
and measure with your fingers the space
between the creases on your forehead.

This tall.

The soul sometimes leaves the body, the returns.
When someone doesn't believe that,
walk back into my house.

When lovers moan,
they're telling our story.

Like this.

I am a sky where spirits live.
Stare into this deepening blue,
while the breeze says a secret.

Like this.

When someone asks what there is to do,
light the candle in his hand.

Like this.

How did Joseph's scent come to Jacob?
How did Jacob's sight return?

A little wind cleans the eyes.

When Shams comes back from Tabriz,
he'll put just his head around the edge
of the door to surprise us

Rumi

ps.this is not a coment

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Love this.
The initial blast smells of spring. Of beautiful spring flowers. Then it turns into, as so many have mentioned before, a pumpkin pie. There's ginger, heliotrope and pumpkin. The batter for the pumpkin pie has been seasoned with a good bit of salt, which makes sure that, depsite the heavy gourmand qualities, this never becomes too sweet or even remotely candy like.
There's not only pumpkin pie, the smell is mixed with other cookery smells (curries mainly, towards the later drydown), some of them old and infused in the walls of the kitchen. This truly smells like a country home to me.
This is not elegant, not sexy, not classy. It is the perfect soft comfort scent. A perfect winter scent, for someone who is comfortable with who he/she is, but needs a shield against the elements outside. A scent to accompany the reading of a good book, while drinking tea and eating a slice of, well, pumpkin pie ofcourse!

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

The immortelle is strong in this one.
For the first few minutes it smells very similar to L'Occitane Immortelle de Corse then it softens a bit (whereas the L'Occitane one doesn't mellow)and amps up the spice a bit. A very comforting scent - definately a winter warming, cosy fragrance. One thing that doesn't do it for me is after a couple of hours it becomes very "dry" smelling. I think I like it best when it's in the middle notes.

schokolade
schokolade

this IS interesting!
at first, I smell hot water and pumpkin then after a few minutes, the musk is appearing onto surface.
very cozy and comforting but base note is a little too common.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

According to Tilda Swinton and Etat Libre d'Orange, God smells like carrot cake rising in the oven :P

I must say, I thought this was a lovely fragrance brimming with homely, sun-kissed warmth. Normally I do not like neroli, but its touch is so delicate here. The ginger and imortelle add a dry, sweet spiciness. I certainly wasn't smelling any curry notes. The heliotrope is just about detectable, while the rose is quite absent.

All in all, "Like This" is a warm, cosy and delicate gourmand that makes its wearer smell very huggable indeed. Thumbs up!

miniwidget
miniwidget

Not like this, LOVE THIS. Sometimes a fragrance has its own unique place among my MANY perfumes. This is one of them. It is singularly delicious to wear, just unique. This fragrance is a stand in my fragrance collection, in good company, since I have ten Serge Luten fragrances, apres L'ondee, Lumiere Noir and Oud by Maison Francis Kurkdjan, le feu d'issey, the list goes on . This one is just special. If you love ginger, this is a unique and a delightful take on it,and who would have thought pumpkin could be so wonderful in a fragrance. I just love Like This. Its a perfect scent for fall. Like pumpkin pie with homemade ginger whipped cream. Yummy!

anhphuongha
anhphuongha

This scent, on me, is pure comfort. The "lipstick" note is very strong at the opening, and it reminds me of my childhood and being embraced by powdered-and-lipsticked older women. The ginger note shines, and though there is a curry note--the immortelle?--at the heart, it is not unpleasant. This is the perfect holidays fragrance!

Eos
Eos

FYI: for those who are wondering why they get a note that sometimes smells like curry, its the immortelle.

wilbs
wilbs

Let me begin by warning I went into sniffing this perfume with a preconceived bias; I love Tilda Swinton. I knew I wanted to love this perfume.

Imagine smelling like a pumpkin roasted with ginger, garam masala and orange juice. Actually don't, that makes this perfume sound awful. ELD'O Tilda Swinton Like This is an orange cake & a pumpkin pie laid out on a table in a cosy kitchen where empty dishes of curry have just been cleared. The curry aspect isn't WHAM BAM, more in the background. I attribute this to the immortelle and ginger combination.

Nice one Tilds.

pravda48
pravda48

I was impressed that I could actually smell the notes in this so realistically that I identified pumpkin and fresh ginger and musk, and what I thought was 'orange blossom' (now I see: neroli + tangerine). Very impressed that it's so clear since I'm by no means an expert at dissecting scents yet. Having forgotten the notes that were in this since ordering a lot of samples all at once, and having just carved a pumpkin for Halloween a few days ago, this really smells like...

ginger snaps baking while carving a pumpkin, with a very fragrant bouquet of flowers nearby. So real! Makes my mouth water.

Caution: go easy on it. I did get overzealous with my sampling the 1st go and it gave me a headache.

ETA: only thing preventing me from clicking 'love' is 3 hr longevity on my skin. No curry or weird leather notes on me, but it's funny to see such different experiences with this! I get the top rated notes exactly, with a touch of something resembling (strongly) maple syrup which contributes to the gourmand/pie tones. (Think: molasses in homemade pie). Sadly it just doesn't cut it on longevity. Sillage is good for me though through 3 hrs before it becomes a nose-to-skin scent.

Also as a side note, I asked my (ex) bf what it smelled like and all he said was 'musky', too musky. Not what I got at ALL. Strange.

aletheaborealis
aletheaborealis

The quintessence of autumn in a bottle, a cuddly blend of all things orange; sweetened pumpkin pulp, dried immortelle, vanilla extract, mixed spices, late summer tangerines juiced over vetiver and candied ginger. Though it's not listed, at times I pick up a hint of maple syrup.

This smells so unique and like nothing else I own, it's warm and soft like cashmere, wears like second skin yet has such diffusive sillage. It's absolutely delicious and the pumpkin note is so intriguing. Loving this so much; the perfect scent to douse yourself with to welcome October, scarlet/saffron/amber leaves and fall.

Caramelle
Caramelle

Like This was love at first sniff for me!
It smells like the packaging suggests, warm and golden.
I am wearing this on a gorgeous,sunny but cool October Day and it's the perfect choice.
It smells unique,comforting with the pumpkin,vanilla and immortelle notes. A gourmand with a twist,so it doesn't smell like cookies,but there is still an almost edible quality to it which makes it so addictive.

This in my opionion smells special, but still very wearable.
I consider it a masterpiece.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

First wearing was like wow this is really really different. It was singing beautiful songs of spice, pumpkin, summer relaxation......then the drydown came and all I could think of was dirty dusty gym mats from school unwashed kids feet and sweaty palms and lord knows whatever else. Sorry, I not like this.

scentiment
scentiment

Rethsarah! I TOTALLY get the curry too! SOO glad it wasn't just me. Because, i LOVED this scent, at first. the fresh cut ginger, the soft/sweet citrus, and after a little while the pumpkin, further sweetened by a little heliotrope (i think..?) but now, 4 hours after application i get,.....curry. and How sad indeed.

This could've been a great friendship and it started out beautifully. But alas, Tilda, I DON'T "Like This".

siauseque
siauseque

Loved the idea but this singed my nostrils and gave me a sore throat. I'm all for trying unusual things and this did not disappoint in that respect.
aaAAHHH-CHoOoo!!

rethsarah
rethsarah

It's a good thing I love perfume and can find redeeming qualities even in compositions I generally dislike, which is why it pains me so to give 'Like This' the thumbs down. I love Rumi: the perfume 'Like This' is based on is one of my favourites. I like Tilda Swinton. In fact, I like every damn thing about the description and creative process of this scent (by the way, have you read Graindemusc's beautiful making-of?).

However...Like This managed to pull something off that I have never before experienced. It managed to embarrass me.

I was instantly wary because THIS immortelle is fenugreek and spice on me instead of maple-caramel. That wouldn't be an altogether bad thing if it wasn't the central focus of this otherwise deliciously cozy scent. See, the problem is that when I wear Like This, I smell curry and the dreaded '90s 'Parachute' brand hair oil. This is a problem because I'm Indian. A couple of days ago, I spent an hour an a half in a closed car with my Swiss boss squirming to high heavens because I was propagating a ridiculous stereotype.

Even the gloriously atmospheric, transportive country-kitchen-in-the-afternoon scent it becomes by the time the base notes show up is little redemption.

Like This smells like something I could have loved. Doesn't mean you shouldn't! :-)

Hoxx
Hoxx

I had a strange feeling when I tried this for the first time. As I really couldn’t find anything even remote to interesting to me in ELDO range, I suddenly felt the smell I couldn’t describe at all. What was weird about it is how much I’ve liked it, actually. After few tries, I understood what I should’ve known from the beginning – this may become my signature one day, even if marketed for women.

I was intoxicated with the opening of Like This. A blend of succulent citrus note and freshly cut ginger was joined by a perfectly executed pumpkin note. It was a miraculous experience to my senses, and quite unique and extraordinary. After that I got a conglomerate of flowers – that’s probably why there is ‘for women’ label here on Fragrantica, mixing with the remains of the top notes, but that is only a sort of bridge to the real star of this scent, a rather soliflore drydown.

Now, to get things straight, I don’t actually know what immortelle is. But I found a flowery, syrupy and rather unusual note in the base of the fragrance. It’s something I have never encountered before. It was a very rich odor, an aromatic, floral and even gourmand at the same time. And even if it was multilayered I could have sworn it all comes from the same origin, same plant.

Just as the fragrance was losing its strength(approximately after 6-7hours) I could feel a bit of muskiness layering the previous base note, but soon after it disappeared completely. It gives a decent aura, projecting a bit but still being quiet rather than loud.

This thing kept me fascinated. At first I loved its pumpkin-pie-and-ginger opening. Later I fell in love with the drydown. Now, I love every aspect of this, but still it’s an aroma of, I believe, immortelle, a key drydown note, that makes me want this so hard. Now I know I just have to find the way to try Sables by Annick Goutal. I have to find the way to further explore this note.

9.5/10

Bettany87
Bettany87

I have to admit that the rave reviews here and one particular non-positive review from another site saying that this smells like sweaty leather at an old gym sparked my interest and I had to try "TILDA SWINTON : LIKE THIS" right away. With such a mixed review, I'd like to take a stab at it.

My personal experience:
It's sweet and juicy upon initial application, not a familiar scent to me yet comforting. The scent gradually softened and an herbal quality emerged. I get the ginger melding harmoniously with the tangerine and floral notes. There is this honeyed lusciousness I keep on getting making it so addictive and gourmand on the skin. About two hours after, the musk makes its presence known lending the whole concoction the sensual character to match that aromatic sweetness. It's beautifully complex, it has depth and warmth, it's rich and very appealing.

The verdict: Oh, yes, full bottle worthy! Another addition to my "want list".

BTW, thanks to Allinug for bringing this fragrance to my attention.

Allinug
Allinug

This perfume is wonderful and not like other perfumes. When i first got it I thought Oh what is this, but in a good way.
It smells of ginger, pumpkin and something burnt and sweet and behind it all a smell of flowers.Great lasting power, between 12-15 hours.

Every day since I got it I have been wearing it at some point of the day even if I had some other perfume on.

I love this perfume, it is really special and I am proud to own a bottle.

aveilhe
aveilhe

Like This is pure coziness in a bottle.

Upon first spray, the floral notes (heliotrope particularly) and spices are in equal balance, but as the perfume settles on my skin, the ginger, pumpkin, and immortelle become the stars of the show for several hours.

Toward the end of the dry-down, Like This becomes a feminine, honeyed floral (yes, the floral notes re-emerge!). It is reminiscent of Annick Goutal's Sables at this stage (an immortelle soliflore), but lighter and less syrupy. And finally, a hint of earthy, slightly leathery vetiver emerges. What a gorgeous ride this one takes you on!

While my associations tend toward the cool Fall months when wearing this (Thanksgiving season, specifically), it is soft and inviting enough to wear year-round (Ok, maybe not in the harshest heat).

This is the only floral/spicy/gourmand that I know of that can be described as delicate and understated. It is the equivalent of wearing a silk negligee with a whisper-soft cashmere cardigan. Utterly soothing and sensual.

antfarm
antfarm

I was enamored with this--I think simply for novelty value, and because I like Tilda Swinton. It smelled unlike anything else I've ever tried, and was very vegetal and sweet like some kind of exotic gourd that can only be found at Korean markets, so I bought a full bottle. The bottle is really creative too--it looks like a little firecracker with a red tube atomizer, and a fireburst on the label. However, after owning a bottle, I had to swap it away because all I can smell after the intriguing gourd-flesh opening is the syrupy immortelle drydown.

EDIT: I think I need to rebuy this. I sort of miss it, like there is a hole in my collection where it once used to be.

trueblue19
trueblue19

I absolutely adore Tilda Swinton and this perfume is just as unique as her.

Like This strikes me so emotional that it brings tears to my eyes, no joking. Heliotrope as a note always casts this spell of nostalgia on me. It instantly reminds me of my grandma, and many of an afternoon I spent next to her as a sickly child. She was doing embroidery by the window with her glasses on, while I was lying on her knees reading books or leaning against the wall, looking out of the window and thinking about things that usually wouldn't come to a child's mind: death, solitude, karma etc. The thick and sweet 2pm sunshine overflew the room like golden syrup, bringing out the woody scent in the old furniture. Like This smells exactly like the room at this moment, like the smell of my grandma's warm, dry palm. It's a drop of time, time of tranquility and reassurance, time when hope glints through dust.

The orange-ginger combination does give this fragrance a hint of just baked gingerbread, but dominant immortelle neutralises the sweetness and makes it too herbal to become a foodie dessert scent. I don't get any pumpkin at all, not much rose either. Vetyver is another prominent note, along with clean musk make Like This a perfect unisex scent, just like Tilda Swinton's Orlando, 'Do not fade. Do not wither. Do not grow old'. As you can imagine, this is not a loud but kind of skin scent, which lasts and lasts.

blauriche
blauriche

It smells like gingerbread and champagne in a bed of flowers and somehow I think it's glorious.

Moonds
Moonds

Gorgeous! I just wanted to eat my arm!

This scent was shnuggly and personal; with a slight cookie smell but it also conjured a wild garden in autumn.

Not incredibly long lasting but this is something you would want to apply once again in the day.

It's not possible to wear this and not think of Tilda Swinton, but for me, this just gave me permission to be a little less mainstream and a little more quirky.

9-na
9-na

First I smell pumkin flower, leaves, pumkin itself. Then this scent turns into other flowers on me, not the pumkin kind, with a pinch of greens, and the pumkin turns into background music. It is sort of nice, but I would have been happier if this scent had more pumkin in it.

carneiro7
carneiro7

Like This starts with a thick jelly of orange and neroli, followed by dried ginger and immortelle. It becomes musky and woody as time goes by, with a hint of rose and vetiver for some freshness.

I see Like This as an hologram of Tilda Swinton: gorgeous, singular and otherworldly.

The downside: minimum sillage and very weak longevity.

heatherine
heatherine

I was not disappointed with this perfume. Even though I don't pick up any of the pumpkin (which was what intrigued me from the reviews) it is absolute magic on my skin. I thought that freesia was my favorite floral, then I thought it was peony, then rose...now I'm certain it's actually immortelle. LIKE THIS begins so incredibly with the immortelle, and as it dries down the tangerine and the heliotrope & ginger show in stunning form. I ordered a FB within minutes of putting this on. It has great sillage - not too overpowering but I don't have to stuff my nose into my skin to smell it (Note, I applied with a dab, not an atomizer), and it has lasted a good 7 hours, ending with rose, vetiver and musk. A total winner. LOVE THIS.

finanna
finanna

This is so scrumptious! Sticky, spicy orange cake metamorphoses into yummy pumpkin pie with a hint of curry (immortelle speaking?) and dries down to spicy gourmand from heaven. Still, something reminds me about Classique by JPG.

A bit surprised to find this under the floral grouping because on my skin this is more like a gourmand floriental with little emphasis on flowers. Good sillage, lasts 8+ hours. Absolutely lovely, warm scent, but can be suffocating in warmer climate if applied too heavily. I was trying to save this for winter but ended up finishing my bottle even before the first autumn days. Will definitely replace! Strongly recommended!

milklizard
milklizard

This didn't smell like anything to me, or at least nothing memorable.

Etat Libre d'Orange TILDA SWINTON LIKE THIS is a very foody perfume. Which is ironic, given that Tilda Swinton looks like a walking skeleton. She definitely cuts a strange figure--rather like Stella Tennant, who despite looking like a boy became a wildly successful supermodel. I guess there's hope for everyone. Anyway, back to the fragrance.

LIKE THIS opens very boozily with a blast of orange liqueur--not as nice as Cointreau, but with that much orange. Then comes dessert: a sweet pumpkin flan with a generous infusion of ginger. All of this foodiness really reminds me of the kitchen, which is I guess what Tilda Swinton wanted, so in that sense this scent succeeds. But as a perfume to wear? That's another story.

If I were to try to compare this odd creation to something else it would be either Bond no 9 CONEY ISLAND or Histoires de Parfums 1873. However those two do not remind me of kitchens and pumpkin pie. Even in the drydown, when the sweetness has subsided to some extent, I still feel that this was all about an eating event. I don't know, maybe I've just cooked too many sweet pumpkin dishes, and those experiences make this scent seem more like that of a cook, not a celebrity.

I wonder whether pumpkin and tangerine were selected to match Tilda's hair and freckles? Hmmm... that seems pretty bourgeois to me. Come to think of it: this fragrance could also work for Carmella Soprano, who spends a lot of time in the kitchen. Although she's usually making chicken parm.

Solvita
Solvita

this one is very strange,just shocked.Fruity with spices at first,on my skin after 1 hour it becomes powdery-floral.

kris919
kris919

If you like Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau, then you'll "like this" as well. Jeux de Peau was a perfume I sampled and couldn't stand so obviously, I don't like this one either.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

This is not a feminine ... it's really more of a true androgenous frag! It's also bloody amazing is what it is!!! I have often regarded Tilda Swinton exactly that way ... amazingly androgenous ... especially her portrayal of Gabriel in the movie Constantine. I really don't get any pumpkin, but there is a touch of mustiness in the top that is very agreeable to my nose. Then straight into a beautiful melange of ginger, neroli, rose and soft soft musk. I bought it today ... totally astounding myself that I found not one, but two frags from this house that are celebrity scents (which I generally abhor), and two scents that don't remind me of each other at all ... as a lot of other ELd'O do. Very fruitful day at the fragrance shop!

Kterhark
Kterhark

When I first saw 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' I said to myself (of Swinton's performance) 'Now that there's an Oscar winner'. I said it just like that too, because I'm from the Midwest, and that's how we talk.

But when it came to sniffing 'Like this', I didn't declare such adoration. Out of the gate it's interesting, but quickly spirals into a wicked bag of sweeties. The pumpkin/ginger note just does not work here. Personal preference, I'm sure; but this fruit is one too many wrinkles past its time; it died on the vine a long time ago and no amount of immortal is going to bring it to life.

I"m not even sure what scent profile could pull this off. Masculine? Or Icy Witch? While you're deciding I'm going to go wash my wrist. This sample is amplifying on me like a bad performance, and that there's not good.

Bandit
Bandit

I love Tilda Swinton. She is sooo sexy (I'm a girl, by the way). Want to try her perfume just out of adoration for her.

Check out her movies, she is so great!

(Sorry for cheesing this board with fandom, I couldn't resist.)

zapling
zapling

I was tempted to sample Like This, because other people thought it had gourmand notes. Alas, not on me. For me it's a kind-of-nice Rose scent with an awfully yucky undertow that I can't quite define. Is it sweaty leather on old gym furniture? A green note, similar to the plant-like overtone in Gordon's Dry Gin? Greased metal? Liquorice root trashed in mud?
I have found that same dirty base tone in Blond Suede, in Divin d'Enfant and Jeux de Peau- and didn't like it there, either.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This is very foodie on me, and whilst I don't normally go for foodie fragrances, this one really appeals. The initial notes are quite sweet and warming with a bitter undertone - I assume this is the neroli and ginger mixing with the basenotes. The drydown is where the fragrance really comes into its own, it's a subtle mixture of sugar and spice. Reasonable sillage and longevity is a few hours. I don't think there's anything quite like Like This.

TigerEyes
TigerEyes

I love Like This for the feeling it evokes. Home indeed. It just settles a part of my yearning, slightly homesick mind back to something familiar... and the indoor/outdoor dimension of the fragrance sustains those of us not yet arrived to the part of the journey which leads back home.
This perfume has a sense of place.

Update: 24 hours later, and still lingering soft, warm and sweet on my skin.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Like This....
What a unique fragrance....
there are slightly Floral notes...
and an earthy quality to it ...
Creamy like a Mushroom or Moss...
but not a dirty earthy feel ..
it's far to cheerful.
I guess the Rose helps with that ...
The Musk gives it a wonderful
leather-ish finish ..
it all settles together ..
quite nicely on my skin ..

I noticed that
the Leather-ish notes settled into a very ...
yummy "MAPLE SYRUP" scent ..
strange ..yes..
but Wonderfully Unique!

I like the compliments I'm getting while wearing this fragrance.
and it seams everybody is intrigued by the name and by the poem it is inspired by as they are with the scent.

Not only do I appear to be well scented
but very interesting as well...

I'll definitely rank Like This among the most successful fragrances in the Etat Libre D'Orange range. It opens with a consistent ginger and pumpkin accord that's quite catchy and amazingly executed, then immortelle makes its appearance together with incense (the boswelia carteri type IMO) adding depth and a touch of mistery (this is the best part of the fragrance). Vetiver is also playing a remarkable role perfectly working with incense to assure a comfortable and very nice drydown.

Overall, this is an amazing scent, gentle and discreet, based on the most simple concept that a perfume, first of all, has to smell good, and in this context Like This surely fits the bill. Inspired by androgynous actress Tilda Swinton, this fragrance is often marketed as feminine, but I strongly believe it can do great also on a man. Highly recommended. Original without being odd.

Rating: 8.5/10

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

I think this creation depicts perfectly Tilda's concept of a homely atmosphere, emphasising the cooking part. Although the very first waft of this unusual perfume reminded me of a suntan lotion- in a pleasant way, as it settled I got yummy accords of olive oil, citrus, burning caramel (subtle immortele) and maybe the sweet note that doesn't feel floral should be the pumpkin. Yes, I was transported to a cosy kitchen, hugging someone who has just cooked sth delicious for me! And then I expected it to gradually evolve and reach its full potential in the heart notes. Nope. I became impatient to see an interesting transition, kept smelling my wrist, but in the end I was disappointed. Like driving a Ferrari on a highway at only 30 mph!

Melchizedek
Melchizedek

Sharpened sweet orgnge at first, dries down into a warm mixture of bitter sweet coffee and caramel.

querelle
querelle

Great! This is a blast of all it's components down to every gramm and then it gives each one of them, it's time in the spotlight. And at a point, they all start to play with each other till it settles down to seriously nostalgic dry-down, with beautiful sunsets and the feeling of being gracefully big and complete. It gives you the feeling of a place you love dearly.
It would be great on a woman but it would be absolutely amazing on the right guy. You see it has that muted masculinity which craves for the right time to unfold.

Respect to Mathilde.

Cereza
Cereza

Finally my cold is over and I can start testing again and what's a better start than this little piece by Etat Libre D'Orange?
This opens very weird, it has some kind of "old lipstick" quality to it, it feels almost bitter and I can definitely detect loads of immortal and rose at the opening, those two probably make this strange mix. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just surprising.
When the scent evolves I get lots of heliotrope, the mixture becomes a lot sweeter and almost feels syrupy, it still has the "old lipstick rose" feeling, but it's more manageable for my nose than before. At the heart tangerine appears as well and this smells lovely, it gives the "zesty" feeling. I don't get any ginger or neroli though, but I'm not complaining. The vetiver hits in as well.
I can say - this is not from this world, the all composition feels almost surreal just as the actress. It suits the name and her perfectly. Not the perfume I'd enjoy smelling like, but might do wonders for others, a really unique gem! Try it!

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I was eagerly waiting for my sample from luckyscent, and got it today. I can't smell anything..?! I'm serious, I smell nothing. This can't be right, can it..? :-/
Update: I tried this immediately after a shower and it was lovely... but very understated. One might need a full bottle to truly experience this.

TankGirl
TankGirl

I dont understand why is Tilda Swinton so fascinating for so many people but one thing is certain, this perfume is very very nice...
I wouldnt call it unique or very etat libre d'oranger, actually I think l'occitanne could easily do something like this..but yes, its definatly a good perfume, really confi, warm...I would describe it as "welcoming". The color combines with Tilda Swinton's hair..this perfume is really deeply orange :D
It will do a really nice scented candle too...
In general..on my skin this is all about tangerine, ginger and neroli with the usuall musk base. I like it but Etat Libre D'oranger could easily do something more creative I guess...
by the way...is funny to realise that niche houses are doing celebrity perfumes too, but i'm not even mad -.-'

adrienn99
adrienn99

this frag is quite likeable, well-balanced. the notes are not easy to tell apart on my skin.

Got some flowers on the opening, not too much though.

As someone mentioned the drydown is somewhat coffee-like woody with a little hint of ginger.

Not sure why but his one reminds me of Wazamba and Ambre Narguile.

I would call this one unisex, though.

Mimmi
Mimmi

Am I the only one getting plenty of ginger from this? Yes, I get some faint and very pleasant flowers, some of the fruit, the pinch of vetiver too - but the ginger is dominating. As much as I initially like the fresh raw quality of it, the ginger after a while gets hot beyond warming and is giving a burning, almost numbing, sensation to my nostrils. Unfortunately a failure with my chemistry. Trying on Your skin should be a must. Lastingpower very good.

Very light and grassy in a dried way, with a feeling of milky coffee in the back. I really wanted to smell pumpkin, but I don't really detect that on my skin. The ginger and tangerine are just faintly there, as additions rather than strong presence, and overall it's a nice but strange scent. It's a mood almost more than a perfume.

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

This is an intriguing perfume. It's warm, yet perfect on a summer day. It's spicy, yet calming. It's sweet, yet utterly sophisticated.

Like This is definitely outside my normal perfume buying price range, but after testing it I know it's worth every penny.

Carnelian
Carnelian

This one is tough to describe, I have never smelled anything quite like it. It's like - slightly over-ripe (but not sweet) carved pumpkin over top of (not blended in with) some pretty florals and musk - this one is definitely structural, it has layers of scent. The pumpkin does fade a great deal after about an hour, and what's left is nice enough - I get rose & musk the most. The description lists two kinds of citrus, but that is not so strong to me, it's more in the background. This fragrance has a nice, warm creaminess to it - very earthy! Interesting; different. There's something slightly bitter at the base that isn't so great to my nose. Not my kind of scent, but it is different enough to make it worth the wear! Note: make sure to put enough of this on to get the full experience.

adele l
adele l

Well i got a decant and i need to retest but i'm afraid to..what started out as a lovely, unique skin scent on me turned into lysol disinfectant spray. Like This was a pretty, soft pumpkin pie initially, pleasant and comforting, but i wonder if the headspace technology picked up on something (covering up) something else in the house! I don't wear citrus well but i still love Tilda!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This sounds so intriguing. I love ginger and immortelle and nowhere near enough fragrances feature tangerine! I'd love to smell this!!

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Tilda you are a mystery to me. So I am curious to smell what intrigues you. Will you maintain the mystery or will you be nothing but ordinary???? I can't wait to test this.

Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d`Orange 4.08 out of 5 based on 312 ratings and 64 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etat Libre d`Orange Tilda Swinton Like This fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Etat Libre d`Orange Tilda Swinton Like This, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d`Orange. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d`Orange represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.