Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Tom of Finland Etat Libre d`Orange for men

Tom of Finland Etat Libre d`Orange for men
dislike

leather
Tom of Finland Etat Libre d`Orange for men Pictures Tom of Finland Etat Libre d`Orange for men Pictures Tom of Finland Etat Libre d`Orange for men Pictures

The water slips over him as if sliding down a marble rock, sinking into the grooves of his muscles, vanishing into his pores. This is fresh, pure water, with top notes of aldehydes and lemon, a water that washes away the sins of the night and leaves the skin luminous. Tom of Finland feels clean, like a shaving from a cake of soap. It is an ode to the beauty of the male body and to the radiance of the natural self. For this man, clothing becomes a jewel-case that serves to reveal the true erotic power of the flesh. Tom of Finland is a breath of fresh air, offering unrestricted access to the immense outdoors, the depths of the forest, with notes of birch leaves, cypress, galbanum and pine at its heart. Straight, gay... these words are irrelevant here. Tom of Finland is beyond sexuality – he is sex, in all its fullness and magnitude, open and erect. Fantasy clings to him like his leather jacket, with suede, musk, and gray amber in the base notes. His belt is fastened with an accord of pepper and spicy-fresh saffron, tangled with a blond suede sensuality on a vanilla bed of tonka bean and iris. This is a man who wants to play, to love, to die and be reborn, again and again. Tom of Finland is a tribute to tomorrow’s glorious possibilities.

Composition:

Top notes : aldehyde, lemon
Middle notes : birch leaves, pine, safraleine, pepper, cypress, galbanum, geranium
Base notes : vanilla, tonka bean, iris, vetyver, pyrogened styrax, suede, musk, gray amber

Nose for this fragrance is Antoine Lie. Edition 2007.

Amalfi Lemon Aldehydes

Birch Pine Tree Pepper Cypress Galbanum Geranium

Vanilla Tonka Bean iris Vetiver Styrax Suede Musk Ambergris

L`Essence de Cerruti

Tom of Finland Fragrance Reviews

falah.alazmi.5
falah.alazmi.5

العطر للاسف لم يتوفر. لدى الوكيل. بيضون في الكويت وتم شراءه خارج الكويت يغلب عليه رائحة المر والفانيليا والجاوي هكذا تبين لي. ثبات وفوحان مصيران

qatarkind
qatarkind

Oriental ventage woody leather fragrance.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Orange, citrus, green/floral notes and perhaps aniseed/caraway, a mentholated note of geranium on a suede-ambery base rounded by a slight powdery feel. Pretty much it. Nice, well-packed, quite distinctive although a bit "empty" for me, lacking in depth and other quality features I personally look for in scents. A sort of contemporary, more abstract, more delicate and trasparent take on the classic chypre structure, "citrus-floral" on "leather-powder" via "green-balsamic". I guess that's for youngsters who would like to smell like that, still all that smells too "old" and strong for them. Aldehydated metallic notes up, down, left and right. The drydown is decent as well, balsamic-musky (white) and clean, although a bit boring and slightly sticky and sweetish. Linear, young and fairly elegant, sometimes unpredictable (in a bright way), but overall a bit mute, pale and dull to me, as many of these "modern" scents of today's for which "modernity" or avantgarde becomes simply a synonym for being stuffed with aromachemicals – nothing against them "per se", but to be honest, sometimes I don't know if it's a matter of style choices or rather of parsimony with materials, or lack of talent. However this one in particular is unoffensive but safe, nice and wearable. I don't know the price but given the hype around this brand it will be surely overpriced.

6,5/10

tbean
tbean

It starts out rather synthetic rubbery/leather but after some time it turns sweet, vanilla and coconut. Musk in the back. My girlfriend called it "fancy sun tan lotion" smell. Unisex in my opinion.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Sensual, sexual, sensory. Leather like human skin, like the smell of a mechanic after a shower. Original and enjoyable.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

The gay community has a new scent: Tom of Finland.

Smells like a freshly disposed jock-strap from a "god of a man" like Tyson Beckford who just came out of the shower, applied half of a bottle of body lotion all over his beautiful body and wore this jock-strap until he had his next shooting at the Delano, Miami Beach, for a bathing suit range.

He disposed of his jock strap that he wore for only 2 hours caught in traffic on the I-95 (he lives in Boca Raton). So sniff that jock strap that barely clung onto his crotch for 2 hours of swearing in dense traffic on the I-95 and you'll get that.

Any questions?

Colour code: Black / White cotton. Barely worn.

This is the NEW KOUROS for the 21st century.

10/10 for sex appeal.

Q80
Q80

this one starts with a splash lemon and citrus, and a tiny little bit of metallic smell, and this note is quite a drawback actually cause it seems too artificial. then it develops to a soft vanilla with a bit of leather, i thought it's going to be that much of shout out loud or dirty as the picture & how is the art of Tom, but it turns to be soft and calmly with the essence of an expensive soft light gray, Paige, light shades of red, and light brown fabrics with the background of calmly delicate Indian brown coconut. the type of a middle aged coconut (not the youngly fresh out loud coconut that you can sense in Gucci Rush white).

i guess this is the 3rd perfume that i liked for ELdO right after je suis un homme, & dangerous complicity. but this one is kind of common to me & at the same time a hard to find, i might get a bottle soon.

you won't like it from the first time as i was about to leave the sample for good as not wanted, but after 4 or maybe even 5th try i liked it and i kinda get attached to it. so give it more time before you make your opinion.

update (7th Sept 2014) !!!... the smell is way different than my sample! now i can feel the connection between Tom Of Finland comics and this perfume, i feel that tender happy-naughty clean leather, something simi-dark and very sexy within this bottle. now i can really relate this perfume to the art of Tom Of Finland, they fit perfectly.

Man... This is one damn sexy juice!!!

notice: there is no nudity in this perfume at least the one i got, all you can see inside is a face of a guy looking at you and next to him a leather boot, and you have to rip the box to see it clear cause it's on the walls of the box and not in a separate pic.

*Use this if you want to lure someone to your bed :p

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

A bit of pine and lemon in the opening but quickly settles into suede suede suede, with some nice aromatic greens like birch and cypress. Very woodsman, I really like it though, there's something comforting and familiar about it,and it has an almost nutty feeling. But my goodness would I love to smell this on a man! I would probably melt into a puddle lol(though the press piece is hilariously ridiculous).
That being said, I think it is unisex, especially for other lovers of suede and also for women who like their leathers. I can see how some people could get a slight synthetic feeling from it, but I think that that is just the suede note - it kind of smells like a leather jacket in the opening stages, which of course, isn't really a natural smell. Depends on your taste I guess. Geranium smooths things out more in the middle and I notice a hint of sweetening styrax as it dries down and gets a touch softer and sweeter. Versatile regarding weather and occasions I think, but definitely not a 'pretty' or 'feminine' scent. It's warm and put-together but relaxed. Big thumbs up.

stephan
stephan

I've once sampled Fat Electrician.
Today I received ToF, it smells the same to me.
Sweet opoponax.
Mislabelled?

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I don't know about this one. As usual ELDO annoys me - Tom of Finland starts with piney terpenes that immediately become very flat and rubbery, like the inside of a Halloween mask. Seems there's quite a bit of tonka in there, but why they would ug it up with all those superfluous synthetics is beyond me.

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

A dark room,Smelly Beast?

Stevie.D.
Stevie.D.

Definitely the best suede I've tried. Far more noticeable than SL Daim Blonde which left me scratching my head in an apricot haze. I wish the suede and light latex opening hung around longer but it quickly turns into a load of vanilla and inevitably disappoints for me. I do not detect any of the other notes.

fuggerone
fuggerone

Classy and floral leather opening, classy and intriguing...one of the most sophisticated and delicate of the leathers!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

"Tom of Finland" is one unique odd-ball of a fragrance, which doesn't quite reflect the concept (and in this instance that's perfectly OK with me!)

It's not animalic, or carnal, but rather sanatized, virginal and slightly synthetic. There's no denying it has character though, and I can't help liking it.

The opening is bursting with piney lemon freshness, but the drydown doesn't quite stomp through in sweaty chaps and chains. Rather it smells more like stage smoke and sweet hints of Gaultier's 'Le Male' inhaled off a squeaky plastic leather jacket.

So forget the hairy bears in fishnet vests. "Tom of Finland" is very much a fresh-faced, bubble gum-chewing twink who probably just came out to his parents. Cute and totally doable -I mean- wearable.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Tom of Finland opens quite intense and fresh and bright but quickly turns to a safraleine-suede combo. I think it smells very "new", because I associate it with the scent of shoe stores and new shoes.
The suede is thick and heavy, you can almost taste it. There's a sweet note, formed by the vanilla and tonka bean I believe, that both clashes and harmonizes with the suede. This stage is rather difficult for me, while it's never revolting, it does become rather nauseating, unfortunately.
But then, when the sweet note goes away, the suede becomes more leathery, more butch, and I like it better. It becomes a wonderful comforting, warm scent, as if I'm surrounded by plush, soft leather. Gorgeous!
I think I might let my boyfriend test it, see what he thinks and see whether there's a nauseating stage on him as well.

Lom

I just realized that ELd'O Tom of Finland smells just like Escada Magnetism for men with a lot of leather and incense added to it. I used to love Escada Magnetism for men when I was younger, but I would not wear it again today because it has a very linear and simple smell which is way too sweet. To me they smell too much alike and that's a disappointment.

Lom

When I imagined how Tom of Finland would smell it was very close to the way Rien by ELDO smells like. Full of leather, incense, blended with sweetness.
But ToF is a surprise. To me it smells like a one night stand, after coming out of a gay nightclub. A combination of the smells of condoms, leather jackets, cheap perfumes, an energy drink and a chewing gum. It's not manly or full of testosterone, it's more like the smell of people who desire the Tom of Finland men but are too sensitive to become one.
It's a bit sad that the smell of a condom is representing sex, since condoms have such a repulsive smell that really turns me off. I should how ever try this perfume on a night out to a club, after dancing and sweating to find out how good it is.
This perfume is perhaps not about the act of sex, but rather the protection we wear and the games we play to get it, and the facades that cover the real bodies and passion.
P.S: In fact the only people who can really pull this perfume and still be sexy need to look like they came out of a ToF drawing. A combination of their masculinity and this smell might be very intriguing.

nadiraydin
nadiraydin

It's the first ELDO bottle i bought and i should say Tom of Finland is not weird or challenging that much. Yes the branding is a bit exraordinary but the scent is not. Really.

For me it starts with masculine, bright citrus notes and then fresh peppery pine. But you get rubber-like leather even in this part.

Then it's getting more leathery showing you the real character. At first it's a bit more plastic and rubber-like leather but turns into more calm one. You can pick vanilla-like sweetness and suede here. And a warm feeling with soft spices, maybe saffron. You may also get iris but it's still masculine. I would never say vetiver if i haven't read the ingredients, but yes it make sense! This part is great, mature and sexy but not really hardcore.

Then it quickly goes into base notes. Soft sweet notes (musk, vanilla, tonka together) and suede-like feeling till the end. This part is the most feminen part of the fragrance.

I didn't get condom-like plastic smell and fetish feelings from Tom of Finland. And no one around told me "What a strange perfume is that". It was too normal for my expectations after reading the comments. But it's great anyway.

Longevity is mid-high. Sillage is moderate first, then stays close.

Really good one.

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

This has been the biggest perfume challenge for me so far.

First of all there is the name. I admit I was at first afraid that this was going to be some super gay or ultra feminine fragrance.

Then there is the smell. It starts so strong that it made me feel really uneasy.

After that it was just some vanilla and dull, suede like saffron.

This perfume really surprises you when you are in open air. Then you smell lovely pine and soft aldehydes.

We here in Finland have an old habit to wash our carpets with river water and pine soap at summer. We prefer to use this traditional soap, because it's nature friendly. This mäntysuopa smells quite good and this reminds me a bit of it. Except that this smells even better.

I'm seriously considering buying a bottle.

8,5/10

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A exotic mix of suede with sweet notes, aldehydes , make me think in a smelling sexy leather.
The iris appears in the right give a powdery light intriguing and perhaps exaggerating,it refers to the aroma of a latex outfit a beautiful dominatrix lol!
A must have for me!

Smelly beast
Smelly beast

This is to me everything I would expect from a fragrance called Tom of Finland. Sexy aldehydes creating a clean skin feeling, a rubber note to mimic the smell of vinyl clothes and sex toys, sweaty skin post coitus.

But at the same time it doesn't fell raunchy, dirty and cheap like you would expect a dark room to smell. It exudes a romantic sexuality, like if you are just playing SM games with your lover and maybe a friend or two. LOL

To me this is one of the best outings from Etat Libre D'Orange and a great modern leather.

Rate 8 out of 10

Zenith
Zenith

Highly original fragrance here. At once fresh and likeable, and original and complex.

It opens with a very fresh aldehydic and citrus blend drying down to a slightly sweet latex rubber scent I have never come across before.

To be honest I was expecting something a little more daring and adventurous, but a highly original and fresh niche fragrance, and an interesting experiment in perfume.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I am interested in this cologne and really would love to smell it! Anyone got a sample for me? I am looking for another cologne similar to BY MAN by Dolce & Gabbana.. I find Kristiansand NY about 75 percent similar to BY and 25% different.. Can anyone let me know if TOM is indeed similar to BY or not? If so how similar?

NorthernLadMSP
NorthernLadMSP

Severly disappointed. I bought this blind because of the reviews here claiming it is like Dolce & Gabanna By cologne.

Well, I have a half full bottle of By and just received the ToF today. The ONLY way they smell alike is within the first minute of spraying ToF. During this short time frame, they smell alike.

However, the great scent you smell when you first spray ToF goes away quickly (incensy orange vanilla) and you are left with this disgusting rubber-leather smell. It actually made me nauseous, and I'm so disappointed that after the first few minutes it really doesn't smell anything like By. It smells more like a condom in a leather jacket's pocket.

Roge'
Roge'

Tom of Finland smells more like Jethro of Nebraska. I see that pine-sol has finally entered the arena of the fragrance world. In all seriousness, I blind bought this because of the reviews. This was disappointing to say the least. I want to wear this but can't figure out when to wear especially because I have other bottles that are clearly better.

blauriche
blauriche

As someone who doesn't really care for the scent of leather, I will say that this is one of the pleasanter leather scents I've encountered. I don't like it enough to wear it myself, but I like the way the leather is tempered by the pretty notes. It strikes me as more rounded out than other leather fragrances I've smelled. The weird thing about it is after a while the leather scent seems to dissipate and what's left reminds me of breakfast cereal.

tomerits
tomerits

a true love for me.
if anyone is looking for a substitute of the great "BY" dolce & gabbana for man, this is it. a perfect long lasting scent for cold weather which will get attention from everybody.
a work of art,
my rank 5/5.

samuel.martin.1276
samuel.martin.1276

Good smell overall, I feel this is for a more mature man 40+. This could be a solid work cent for winter if you wear a suit. No exactly something you would rock to go work on cars.

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

Can a fragrance have a sense of humor? I think it's kind of an inside joke. First, the balls to make a fragrance out of something that is so taboo, so iconic in gay, leather subculture, and to put it all out there for the public to whiff, experience, judge, love, or hate. It's deliciously outrageous.

Sure, there's always some kind of marketing stunt as there usually will be, but personally, I think this fragrance has something to offer. If you're familiar with Tom of Finland art, it's hyper-masculine, often exaggerated, but there's still a "pretty" side to it. It's both hard and soft at the same time; together the muscle, leather, and boots are juxtaposed often with a knowing embrace, a mischievous smirk, or a flirtatious wink.

I find that's exactly what the fragrance accomplishes as well. A balance of naughty and nice, but you won't get this from the first try. Maybe the second or third. Perhaps a shocking synthetic burst at first, but commit to it and you'll appreciate the masculine warmth that evolves. And lasts.

miticothor
miticothor

No, dai, è uno scherzo...It's a joke. Vediamo: ci sono sostanze di sintesi che sembrano naturali e sostanze di sintesi che paiono....di sintesi!! Qui non ci troviamo nel primo caso....

rosarossa
rosarossa

This is a super frag: VERY feminine!

Monster sillage, long, long lasting and affordable price!

I cannot find any transgression......

daniela3
daniela3

One of the most 'honestly tricky' Maison de Parf. E.L.d'O., that's clear! They love paradox and their anti-pubblicity campaign is in the end another form of propaganda: history teaches us that many successful products have become famous thanks to word-of-mouth advertising........ Avoiding the tremendous descriptions they do of their fragrances (probably 'bad writing' can be part of the game too!) and going ahead to the juice (without any prejudices, if possible) can reveal the real essence of the essence! I do believe also, that when we're looking for a frag we'd choose it blind eyed: persuasion can be a bad prompter!, perfumes shops should change some rules, but I must admit that this is just an utopia....
I love almost the majority of their frags and Tom is one, among them, that I like best. Since the very opening till the soft, tender (yes, of course!) vanilla - and NOT vanilic, dry down I do believe it's an above-the-gender-frag. Unless my skin supports him (I know that perfume is always a 'she', but being Italian for me it's only a 'he'!) shamelessly! I love it and I'm also loved back. Gorgeous ; )

Wonderfully looooooooong lasting!

Kharnak
Kharnak

As an artist of the naughty kind, I've been eager to try this fragrance dedicated to one of the original Pioneers of raunch.
Few very liberal swabs, and *sniiiiiff*
Ooooooh! A leather jacket. Sweet Vanilla, Suede. something rubbery. wait, omg, Yes! it really does smell like vinyl sex toys and dildos. Sweet Tonka Bean, Sweet Vanilla, Floral powder, like fresh out of the shower at an apartment full of Gay dudes. I can't help but laugh with every sniff. This is great! It's so perfect. This is SO quintessentially Tom of Finland XD
Dude, how come nobody caught that? That's also funny to me.
Vinyl! i can't get the images out of my head! mmm, this is like the very naughty perverted brother of JPG Le Male, who panics when company's at the door.

skipster
skipster

The opening of Tom of Finland can admittedly be slightly overwhelming. There really is a lot going on here: boozy notes, rubber, smoke, leather, aldehydes, and more. But after half an hour ToF settles into a delightful vanilla/suede note on a dark background of smoky vetiver with a slight hint of rubber. Very subtle and just enough to keep the scent from becoming too sweet. This phase goes on forever and it just gets even better as the drydown sets in.

Forget all the hype about gay/straight, naughty marketing, condom smell, Village People and all the other stuff that leads the attention away from the scent itself. Tom of Finland is utterly wonderful and it stands a good chance of becoming my new signature scent. For the cold season at least.

A bit expensive, but worth every penny. Strongly recommended!

HalloweenHJB
HalloweenHJB

Absolutely LOVE this collection of scents in a bottle. The powder makes it sparkle, but the leathery tones make it warm. I have to confess that I really like unusual fragrances (I don't want to smell like everyone else), and this is not like anything else I have worn. And the compliments are constant --even strangers come up and ask what it is. Great fragrance(s) for someone who wants to stand out.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

The first time I tested this I thought it smelled like carpet with hints of new-car and a dash of shoes.

If you've ever walked into a shop where they sell rugs and carpets...well it was like they took that scent, bottled it and called it Tom of Finland.

I really disliked it and the small sample spent months sitting in a drawer, until I was sorting through my samples and gave that one to my boyfriend.

A few days later, he came over and he was smelling REALLY good...and to my immense shock and surprise, he was wearing Tom of Finland.

I guess that is a prime example of what body chemistry can do to a fragrance.

Gone was the musty carpet smell, and in it's place was a deeply masculine, and almost animalistic aroma.

I could inhale the deep, slightly sweet and musky leather scent, and really enjoy it. It was just incredible.

So this fragrance can smell wonderful on the right skin, but it is definitely one to try before you buy.

Grottola
Grottola

Amazing throwback leather fragrance. The leather in this is a plastic/vinyl sort of smell, and the aldehydes sock you right in the nose. I think part of that synthetic "plastic" smell is due to a synthetic musk - similar to the synthetic leather smell in Bulgari Black. However, Tom of Finland is a lot muskier and more like warm human flesh, with a nice saffron accent added. The longevity is superb. I'd love a bottle of this just to wear with my best leather jacket and leather pants, and hit the town like a punk rock sex fiend.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

If you expect to find in this fragrance something related to Tom of Finland's universe you may get really disappointed.

"Tom of Finland" is a calm leathery vanilla fragrance that lasts a really long time on my skin but never calling too much attention to it.
Before buying it, I read many reviews talking about a metallic and plastic aspect of it that reminds of condom smell. Well, that's true! The strong leather and vanilla notes give this fragrance a warm and sexy aura. But, once again, kinda far from Tom of Finland's universe (unfortunately).

zapling
zapling

Sexy! This scent is passionate, very much there, very much alive and sizzling with energy. The smell is a bit like the soapy cool of Joop!, mixed with the warm sweetness of Egoiste and even a little bit of the tangy, glue-like, leatherish element in Shalimar. Wonderful! Manly, sophisticated, modern, and have I said sexy, already?

I generally try to avoid ELDO's marketing campaigns and packagings as I think they too often add nothing to their fragrances. They're always kind of misleading and, sometimes, unnecessarely excessive. Ok, they're immoral in a funny way and I've to admit I really enjoyed some of their concepts and graphics (i.e. the tributes to Rossy De Palma / Tilda Swinton, Eloge Du Traitre, Tom Of Finalnd, the brilliant Vierges Y Toreros and a bunch of others), but I learnt to rate their perfumes with other criterions as it happened that I enjoyed the concept but not the substance or vice versa.

With that said, I think "the juice contained in the Tom Of Finland packaging" has nothing to do with the gay community besides beeing beautiful. No "macho-like" harsh leather, no gallons of bitter citruses but a nice aldehyde and lemony opening immediately turning into a saffron based cologne joned by a massive woody-vanilla base in the end. The result is quite original and very delightful. Quite an easywear, a perfect all-rounder with a great amount of personality. Very, very nice.

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

At a first splash fresh aldehydes, citrus and pine hit the nose. Then it settles down to plastic-leather-pepper accords, which seem to be a bit synthetic. The drydown is vanilla-leather. Very comfortable, sexy and with good staying power! Easily can be worn by women as well.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

Fantastic scent that in my humble opinion is totally unique within the male frgrance genre. I regretted passing on this when it was reduced to £25 in Harvey Nichols. Imagine my delight when they reduced it further to £10 in the next sale. The development of this scent is a wonderous thing. It starts of very fizzy and luminous with the aldehydes/lemon/saffron combo. It feels very alive at this point and i feel the need to have as little human contact at this point
as it very potent. Give it 30 minutes and you have a different beast. The leather and vanilla join the party to soften the scent and give it balance for the remainder of its lifespan, which is a long time as refreshingly this is a true EDP for men. Woo hoo!!

ocean.lake
ocean.lake

ToF is good replacement of YSL Kouros as my signature scent. It is one of the loudest creamy saffron scents I've ever encountered. Somehow, at the first spray, it reminds me a bit of COstume National 21 without adding sweet note into it.

Silage and longevity are really nice. This woody leathery fragrance is very different and I would definitely recommend this to a man who works mostly outdoor.

Mihail
Mihail

Good scent for bad good guys:-)It is ideal under fragmentary jeans and a three-day bristle:-)

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Tom starts out with an unpleasant blast of something that I’m sure is supposed to make it smell manly - aldehydes, citrus, pine, and galbanum, among other things. This messy bunch of notes quickly die down to reveal lots of leather and smoky birch tar. Nice! After the first 45 minutes or so, the scent becomes soft and comforting, like being wrapped in a fuzzy, warm blanket. At this point the leather is very much in evidence, but it’s a luxurious suede, tempered by vanilla/tonka (lots of tonka), musks, and something a little bit aromatic and floral. The sillage is fairly subtle, but clearly there. At this point I kept compulsively smelling my wrists to get even more of the beautiful scent. The warm blanket stage lasts for a few hours, after which there is a second act that can only be described as a synthetic “generic men’s cologne”. I find this development disappointing, given how much I liked the first act. I smelled the men’s cologne note all night, and it was still on my clothes the next morning, so something in this scent has super staying power. I just wish it was the fluffy, smoky leather.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I lusted after this scent thinking it would be ultra-masculine with heavy musk, lavender, castoreum and other pungent, macho nuances; but was surprised to discover a warm, sexy, cuddly fragrance that is almost contradictory to the artwork and controversy of the packaging.

It is certainly individually masculine and nothing like what's on the male fragrance market today. It is suitable for anyone of any age, because of it's universal sensuality.

I know that some women may find it suits their own personality as well, but it's definitely not a notably feminine fragrance!

I can smell the trees, and the sexy vanilla, the suede and the leather.

What can one say about this fragrance except that is something to have in the wardrobe for that comforting, mellow and very intimate, personal fragrance.

Th sillage is obvious and the lasting power is there until you shower it off the next day!

rebella
rebella

Strong, powerful and very masculine perfume. I love it on my husband and he loves it too.

Even tough it´s strong it´s also a very comforting, relaxed kind of perfume. On my husband it starts of with a burst of aldehydes, citrus and also vanilla... then it become woodier, smokier and a lots of leather... But it´s a leather note soften by vanilla and tonka. I feel like I want to be as close as possible when my husband wear it.

It is like a big, muscly and very handsome man (in tight jeans perhaps and bare cheast?) with a rough appearance but also with a heart of gold, caring, strong and reliable. Also I think of it as a perfume showing all kinds of masculinity... ageless, timeless but still modern, fun and very, very wearable.

A must try really! Longlasting and really heavy sillage.

Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d`Orange 4.25 out of 5 based on 227 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etat Libre d`Orange Tom of Finland fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Etat Libre d`Orange Tom of Finland, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d`Orange. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d`Orange represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.