Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

In Leather Etienne Aigner for women

In Leather Etienne Aigner for women
dislike

tuberose

In Leather by Etienne Aigner is a Floral fragrance for women. In Leather was launched in 2003. Top notes are black currant, , cassia and ylang-ylang; middle notes are tuberose, jasmine, pink peony and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are amber and vanilla.

Black Currant Cassia Ylang-Ylang

Tuberose Jasmine Pink Peony Lily-of-the-Valley

Amber Vanilla

20 For Woman

In Leather Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

inizio con iris verde e fruttato che si assesta, velocemente, su un cuoio vellutato. la piramide olfattiva teorica è del tutto fuorviante. in realtà è semplice, non durevole, buonissimo.

Beaufort
Beaufort

A wonderful creamy rich leather with nuances of violet. Very wearable for both men and women. Forget In Leather for Men it's awful and very harsh/chemical.
By contrast, In Leather for Women is very well blended. It reminds me slightly of that wonderful classic, Scandal from Lanvin.

lipglossandabackpack
lipglossandabackpack

Etienne Aigner is a leather goods house, which made me suspicious that this perfume wasn't actually supposed to have a leather note, but just evoke the house's other products by name. My suspicions increased when I looked at the notes shown on this site, but I still did a blind buy of a 4.3 oz tester online because it was so cheap.

When my bottle arrived I spritzed it onto a tissue. The scent on the tissue was PURE LEATHER, like walking into a leather goods store or leaning your face right into a well-worn leather jacket. When I applied this to my body, however, the leather was no longer apparent. Instead, it opens smoky, like burning firewood (as opposed to an incense-like smoke), for about thirty seconds. The initial spray makes me sneeze. Twice. Every time. Within a minute the smoky smell is mostly gone, and it's heady white florals, especially tuberose, for the next few hours. It's quite a pleasant floral blend, leaning more towards bold and sophisticated rather than fresh and feminine. I'm surprised to see all the votes for vanilla as that note is completely imperceptible to me. Smoke, then flowers, is all I get out of this one.

The sillage and longevity are both moderate in my opinion, though this fragrance, more than any other I own, tends to cling to fabrics. Long after the scent has left my body I can still smell it very distinctly on my sofa (if I sat on it shortly after application) and in my car.

RedGarden

my bottle is over now , and i am despartly looking for other one , i can not find it anymore, so if you saw it grab it while you can cuz its realy different perfume, love it from the top to the base, very longlasting and sexy one

persefoni
persefoni

This was a surprisingly happy perfume! It has made my day several times so far...
It isn't the usual leather perfume, i can smell lots of fruity nuances here - but the result is wonderful and amazingly long lasting - nearly 12 hours on me!

It starts with lots of leather - and remains pretty much the same through time. The fruit and soapy undertone make it truly comforting, even in humid, warm weather like the one we're experiencing here in Athens these days...

So glad i got it!

glitteralex
glitteralex

Very nice traditional composition! I think a more appropriate name for this would be "In Suede". The "leather" here is very soft and synthetic, but it's a lovely round base for this white flowers & woods scent.

The tart red fruits in the top are fairly short-lived, and meld with the white flowers to give way to a heart dominated by jasmine. This is all within 10 minutes, and by 15 minutes you are greeted by a base of woods and soft leather. The edt has light/moderate sillage, good longevity, and the feel of a skinscent without the musk. This is much like 80s womens' perfumes, where the top, heart, and base were often wildly different.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Very sweet. Still undecided about this scent. The beginning notes don't sit well with me. Dry down is nice. Husband says I smell like 'gateau' from Paris, in a good way apparently. Unique fragrance.

Mimmi
Mimmi

I also get leather, could it really be just placebo? I find this very much a flower-fruity creation from the 2000, it is sweet, juicy, pretty strong and with some sillage aswell. The peony is dominant on me, I find it a little too sweet. I like the currant and it's leaf, they smell natural and moist and stay all the way on my skin. The perfume does have this base (with the placebo-leather) that feels grounded, giving it more substance than many light-weighters from this cathegory. If that's what You are looking for I definitely recommend trying this one, even if it's not to my personal taste.

barbiot35
barbiot35

Frangipani's right! When charisma had a scent, It would be smell just like Aigner In Leather IMO...
When I smell it, turns my head with its intense floral heart and slightly touched leathery (I know leather isn't listed here-maybe placebo effect from name?) accords. It reminds me the most powerful and charismatic women I took model in my life...
I recommend it to mature _or FEELİNG mature_ women for every 4 season and for office wear(but in very hot climates could be strong)...

Frangipani76
Frangipani76

A feminine perfume for mature women. I chose it because I think it has a charisma and strong personality but not offensive. A perfect choice for office or work.

vertigo
vertigo

A strong, sweet, big floral.

I get a fruity and spicy accord of black currant and cassia in the beginning.
Then I think that tuberose and peony dominate among the floral notes (other flowers are absent for my nose).
I can also smell amber and vanilla - dry and a bit bitter.

I like some of superflorals, but this one just has too much of notes I don't like.

I agree it could be seductive ... But I think more appropriate for a mature woman.

It's velvety, smooth, rich ... but oh, just too much! & don't realy get the leather!

tsth
tsth

Creamy damp leather and earthy green hay. I like this one, but I must be in the mood for it. It is interesting, but I definitely get the leather in it!

RedGarden

The sweet ingridiens create a mix that reminde leather but its not typical leather scene , i will say that is joyfull perfume for happy day, the bottle is very heavy
the highlight that its realy realy like
" Frapin 1270 " ( which also some said that frapin smell like paco rabbane extream girl that i never smell)

teedee
teedee

Very leathery indeed, in a good way! i dont fancy the beginning, but as it dries up, the leather is becoming more loveable with hint of amber and a bit of tuberose.

Love the smell, but not sure whether i want to smell like this fragrance.

Deserves second try!

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A soft, creamy and sweet floral fragrance. Peony dominates the heart notes and then comes the vanilla. The lasting power is good, too. Anyway, it's not a 'wow' fragrance for me though I like sniffing it on my friends.

allexa27
allexa27

I am in love with this frag.I get lots of peony and black currant and then the leather ...wow such a sweet leather!It has character ,it`s very sensual and seductive.very suitable for intimate moments...

juliana todorini
juliana todorini

I buy this perfume only on description without trying it. This is a nice, velvet leathery scent. I like it and all my friends said that on my skin it fragrance is beautiful. My husband like it too. I was surprised to try this perfume and think it was really a strike.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etienne Aigner In Leather fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Etienne Aigner In Leather, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify In Leather by Etienne Aigner. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of In Leather by Etienne Aigner represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.