Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Magot Etro for women and men

Magot Etro for women and men
dislike

Magot Etro for women and men Pictures Magot Etro for women and men Pictures Magot Etro for women and men Pictures Magot Etro for women and men Pictures

Magot by Etro is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Magot was launched in 1989. Top notes are bergamot, lemon, iris and rose; middle notes are lavender and cloves; base notes are patchouli, cedar, vanilla and musk.

Bergamot Lemon iris Rose

Lavender Cloves

Patchouli Cedar Vanilla Musk

Magot Fragrance Reviews

6opar
6opar

1. The typical Etro quality. Smells expensive and natural. Easy to wear. Soothes the senses with a delicate but distinguishable refinement. Well trimmed edges, quiet and persistent.
- High-end citrus, lavender and rose fragrance.
2. The typical Etro shortcomings. I am yet to find an Etro fragrance that is bold, creative and cool. Magot is nice but lacks the wow effect. Stays too close to the skin.
- There is this confusing moment where i feel like i'm wearing two fragrances at the same time.
****(*)

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

From what I've read about Magot I believe I have the reformulated version, but that's okay with me since I don't have the original to compare it to. For me this begins with a sharp blast of lavender and bergamot that quickly softens as I get a powdery unveiling of iris, cedar, clove, bergamot and vanilla. What I like about this fragrance is that there is a powdery tartness along with a sweetness that gives an edginess making this perfume uniquely progressive and modern.

shasta
shasta

This is so similar to Shalimar edt. While the leather accord rounds out Shalimar, the cedar rounds this out. I would also say that this kinda smells like lemon furniture polish.

ancaan
ancaan

Aromatherapy in a bottle. While other fragrances may lift you up or boost your personality, this one calms me down like taking a bubble bath with scented candles. It's not a very complex or challenging perfume and this is why I probably love it so much.
Yes, there is lavender and a powdery iris with a hint of cloves and vanilla. Funny, I hate eating anything with cloves, but to this perfume, it adds just the right amount of spiciness. It is more a feminine scent than a masculine one and for me, definitely worthy of a full bottle. Soon my lover, soon....

spidola
spidola

Woody, fresh, spicy and complex! It’s not easy to separate notes here and it’s not easy to understand it… It’s the third time I’m testing it and I’m still confused. This scent calms me, but stings at the same time. I guess it’s the combination of lavender and cloves which give this effect. Very interesting creation!

Roge'
Roge'

R.P.C is all I have to say...Robert Piguet Calypso.

I love Calypso and I love Magot. Just like with Calypso, don't dismiss this as another baby powder fragrance. This is more like a ”Hey baby” powder fragrance. You will get compliments. If you're not in the mood for the constant approach of strangers, then I suggest you not to wear this. The conversation is inevitable. I think Magot's opening is waaaay stronger than Calypso's...other than that... Identical.

antfarm
antfarm

Magot is a retro, refined, elegant perfume.

It smells mostly of powdery feminine things that a lady would have on her vanity, and also a dash like some Chanel Coco EDP. I just need to say again, this is POWDERY. Almost as eye-wateringly powdery as SMN Melograno.

In the background there is some fruit, but it's not agreeing with my chemistry--it is smelling kind of like Peach Schnapps at the moment. I can see how people would appreciate this, but it's not working on my skin.

neptune1121
neptune1121

One of the best soapy, powdery scent I've ever tried. I have it, and I wear it everytime I want to smell fresh, in a soft way, like wearing a baby talc powder.

xabaras
xabaras

A sharp opening in which I detect Iris, very pleasant and reminiscent of elegant ladies and boudoirs. The heart feels very spicy to me, still very elegant and chic, impossible not to be detected amongst other perfumed elegant ladies if you're wearing Magot, although I don't think it's a fragrance I'd like to wear: it's edgy and I love smoothness. The most pleasant part of this fragrance is the drydown which happens about an hour from the first spray and makes all that spicy "look at me look at me I'm chic and elegant!" statement mellow and pleasant, if slightly aftershavy and masculine. The beginning of this fragrance is very feminine to me, even too much, but the drydown is masculine. An interesting fragrance, without doubt. But I am starting to wonder what I'll do now with my 50ml Magot bottle, as I don't think I'll use this one at all and I don't want my partner to smell like this either...

correbob
correbob

In Rome I visited a perfume shop and I asked for something typically Italian... Retro Magot.
Back to work and in the office the men smelt and couldn't tell what it was... no perfume, no after shave.

Ohkit
Ohkit

It is special and chic, I agree, but it's not my cup of tea.

Sissi
Sissi

Bright scent of lemons with an earthy
mix of Lavender And Iris and drydown
of orris root vanilla and ceder.

Reminds me of a Georges Seurat painting
A Sunday Afternoon on the island of La
Grand Jatte. it's bright summery
great for a lazy sunday afternoon
or have a picnic in the fields serounded
by dandilions more organic then
Estee Lauder's Pleasures.

amelie
amelie

This is unusually calming fragrance that soothes all your senses. Sharp at the beginning perhaps due to its combination of bergamot and iris, later becomes completely soft and tender, still emerges that sharpness, but only for a moment because it is incredibly gentle and very feminine fragrance to me. I don' like the scent of iris, but here, fortunately, runs only through the top; Magot becomes attractive and creamy and really acts as aromatherapy, though no doubt the seriousness of a true perfume.
Beautiful to wear in winter,reminds me of Ivoire de Balmain, but Ivoire is fresher with some fruit, while Magot blends as if the skin was exposed to the sun. Intriguing fragrance and defintely not an everyday perfume.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

I am illimitably charmed Magot. This perfume has resource of nobles notes: hesperid, floral and fruit. Notes of bases are soft and warm, somewhat exotic. I feel delicate breath of Orient. In it is sensitive touch of musk and vanilla. It is possible to feel in them also appetite fragrance apple-pie or bake apple with vanilla sugar and cinnamon. But absolutely there is not smell from kind " edible" Magot not recede great classic Guerlain perfume. They are creative, mastery variation about classics smells. When I it wearn, I am beautiful. They also security me. They are very femine, not unisex. They are wonderful - poetic and royal. Magic Magot!

jeca
jeca

This is a very complex scent that is hard to classify. But the one is absolutely clear about this scent - it is very optimistic. Aromatic waves mingles with juicy citrus notes, I smell pleasant sweetness in the middle.

Magot by Etro 3.97 out of 5 based on 86 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Etro Magot fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Etro Magot, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Magot by Etro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Magot by Etro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.