Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

dislike

coconut
tropical
FCUK Friction for Her FCUK for women Pictures

The notes: pink honeysuckle, apple blossom, red berries, creamy coconut, spun sugar, vanilla absolute, pink jasmine, white vetiver, blonde woods, sandalwood, amber, magnetic musk. FCUK Friction for Her was launched in 2012.

Honeysuckle Apple Blossom Red Berries Coconut spun sugar Vanilla Jasmine Vetiver Woodsy Notes Sandalwood Amber Musk

Twentyone Black

FCUK Friction for Her Fragrance Reviews

JaiTee
JaiTee

I wore this as my SOTN earlier in the week, and really enjoyed its coconut ice cream vibe. My favourite Thai restaurant makes their own coconut ice cream and the butteryness in this perfume reminds me of it.

The opening also presented something fruity...it seems like mild pineapple, or ylang ylang? a high note of some sort mixed in there.

By drydown, this is delicious vanilla coconut. If I huff my arm, I can still detect a little bit of fruit, but mostly, what remains is a satisfying coconut, and much later, a delicious vanilla. This is a great scent for relaxing in the evening. You get that tropical mini-break, and then by bedtime, soothing vanilla to send you off to sleep.

(A caveat: Friction also reminds me of my hawaiian tropic sunscreen, so that may ruin it for some people. For me, i have such a strong association of summer with these kinds of scents that I don't mind.)

LicoriceAllSorts
LicoriceAllSorts

I quite like this super sweet sugar/coconut/melted butterish scent that was a gift to me but when I layered it with my fake Hypnotic Poison (Fatal Snake Magical) they really start a scent sensation to tantalize my ever so fickle taste.
Both mentioned scent are quite moderate on my skin,
A fun way for me to use up two fragrance that separately are ok but together are good.
Update: I'm definitely not liking it on its own, its very one dimensional, all i get as i said is sugar/coconut/butter but it mix very well with my Rumba Passion and my Red Door, So it has endless potential for layering with stronger floral perfumes to give a trendy lift.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is an affordable, easy to like fragrance, with just the right composition of vanilla and coconut which play off of one another really well. Sometimes coconut can be stomach turning when it is overwrought, and vanilla can be way too cloying, but this fragrance has paired them in a way so that they smell sexy, but fresh.

It's the kind of fragrance that I imagine would smell even better on skin during balmy, summer nights. It would just go off I think!

It's longevity is awesome as well, which again, for the cost (I paid $19.00 in Priceline) is just crazy.

If you like happy go lucky, fresh, sexy, easy fragrances then this is for you. It's perfectly topical without smelling cheap. It's well blended and smells luxurious. Like a finely milled coconut soap bar, though I will say - you really need to be a coconut and vanilla fan to like this.

Setting wise, this works for the casual girl, but could easily be worn for a night out (especially in the warmer seasons) but is pretty and light enough that it suits an office too. I like fragrances that are comfortable and casual but it's hard to find ones that aren't over done or smell overly synthetic... Friction achieves this without the downsides. Sexy in a natural way.

Eesa
Eesa

This scent is just okay for me. It makes me think of Bath and Body Works scents. It's not very strong (sillage definitely lowest option), is very sweet, and smells similar to the Bath and Body Works scents I have. I've bought every jasmine scent they make probably, and so the combination of sweet things (red berries, spun sugar, coconut, vanilla) and jasmine just makes me think of Bath and Body Works. It's a nice non-offensive smell, but nothing special in my book.

lizakaya
lizakaya

This was the start of my beach scent craze this summer. Now, after Terracotta, Lys Soleia, Yves Rocher Vahines & Noix de Coco, Friction is still a front runner. Bobbi Brown Beach I have been wearing for the last few summers, and this knocks that out of the water. To me, this is a blast of fizzy pineapple & coconut, with a base of vanilla, light wood and amber...with a trace of that sugared quality we see as a heavy hitter in WAY TOO MANY scents these days, but in Friction the sugar is soft and easy, not childlike. Long lasting and with decent sillage. After I realized how much I like it, I bought a 3.4 oz back up, as it is a steal right now.

Rachaelloraine
Rachaelloraine

I just got my bottle and what can I say? Beautifully creamy, soft, and deliciously sweet without being cloying. It is at its core piña colada in a bottle and reminds me vaguely of sunscreen. It lasts for several hours but doesn't have much of an evolution.I love it anyway!

If you want an idea of what this smells like, imagine pink chiffon from bath and body works and add coconut. They both have a soft cotton candy scent (thanks to the spun sugar here) but don't let that discourage you. Neither are sickeningly sweet!

y_wana
y_wana

coconut creammy sweet fragrance. I use it like a camera deodorant or spray it on the pillow. It s a nice fragrance, but for my skin is to much and i use it rarely.

adorkable_scent
adorkable_scent

Definitely just smells like vanilla and coconut. TONS OF VANILLA AND COCONUT. makes me nausea and not elegant at all:(
This is just a scent for hanging out with friends and not for formal occasions:(

Soie

Very similar to Mariah Carey Dreams; if you have one you probably don't need the other.

ohrite
ohrite

No. Friction was not for me. I loved it the first times I wore it, but one day I realized that it is similar to Rihanna Reb'l'fleur and now I can't wear it anymore. Friction is lighter than Reb'l"fleur but still on the verge of being sickly sweet. I think it is the pineapple and coconut together that makes me sick. But wait! There is no pineapple listed in the notes?! A funny thing, skin chemistry....

Hellita
Hellita

Blind bought based on reviews in here. I did not have high hopes and since it was so cheap I had to give it a go. So the smell itself isn't bad at all, but when it hit's my skin it seems to bring out something that reminds me of fragrances for men - maybe it's the vetiver that really sticks out on my skin? I thought of Axe deodorant or something because this one note really ruins the lovely notes of everything else that is good in this frag.

Luckily the male note doesn't last throughout the whole dry down, but it keeps popping back in from time to time and I wish it would go away. It smells like pinapple and condensed milk on me (even though there is none in the notes).

Maybe it's just my skin that's not right for Friction. I wish I knew how it was supposed to smell, so that I could compare. I haven't decided whether to like or not yet. But I can see why people like it, as I would too if the male-smelling note wasn't bothering me in this composition.

UPDATE: Since I found that this perfume didn't work for me I gifted it to a friend of mine yesterday. I made her try it on first, and then I spritzed some on my wrist, and then we compared the results. On her Friction was amazing! So soft, vanillary, pineapple and coconut. Her skin made it a fantastic fragrance. On me, nope, it turned sour. It wasn't horrible, but something just ruined the whole experience. So I'm happy she gets to wear it instead of me, because now I can smell her from time to time and still enjoy this frag. Too bad it didn't work for me, though, but I guess that just shows how important skin chemistry is when it comes to perfume.

arenee92
arenee92

I blind bought this for an amazing price. I figured, if I don't like it, I can't really call it a waste, I'll use it on my sheets or something..

Holy, wow. I'm in love. Like being the most beautiful tropical island, in the sexiest bikini, the most gorgeous tan, and drinking from the biggest coconut. A warm, sexy coconutty vanilla. It's not cloying, it's not sickly.

This is a great scent that you don't really have to think about, you can just put it on any time of day, season, whatever, and works. So happy with this!

aztzura
aztzura

Wasn't sure what to expect with this one. I was afraid it would smell too sweet. I got this on Fragrancenet for a great deal. The scent is light. I can definitely smell the coconut and lime (even though there is none). On the drydown I can still smell coconut and sugar balanced out with the sandalwood and other woods and a bit of honeysuckle. Good scent for Arizona summers.

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

cheap and cheerful - good to wear with Palmers cocoa butter.. bottle is nicer than the scent though.

This I do feel is neither tropical nor coconutty, it does not have that mouth watering coconut, tropical sent that can delight our senses. It's a little wishy washy I have had it for over a year and it is still full. I mean it is ok, not fantastic looks great on your vanity though

Dilaru
Dilaru

Absolutely delicious. This is an absolute bargain scent, and a very safe foray in gourmands. If you like fruity scents and coconut, you'll love this. But be warned - on some skin tones it seems to develop a pineapple note, which sours out and downplays the sweet coconut and caramel.

I used this on a daily basis for several months. At first, wearing this perfume was like wrapping myself in a coconuty cashmere blanket on the beach, and there was no hint of anything sour. After using this repeatedly, I must have somehow become immune to the gourmands scent, and this started to smell like a pina-colada-like fruity floral, mainly dominated by pineapple.

This is still a beautiful scent that I pull out and use sometimes. A definite steal and a solid addition to any beginner's collection.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

This is the best coconut scent I know and own. Plus Vanilla that turns it very sweet. Summer fragrance definitely. I think it's sexy :) Great blind buy! 5*

CPelly82
CPelly82

I wanted something with the scent of coconut for these warm days. I found it!!! Very light on the skin and would be perfect for days at the beach, work and nights on the town. The fragrance on me lasts a very long time and it sits close to the skin.

st3vy
st3vy

this is a bottle of vanilla plus a hint of coconut

christinavictory
christinavictory

I finally received this in the mail today, and I sprayed it on my arm this morning to test, and I love it, it's wonderful, but it has been bothering me all day: this smells familiar. VERY familiar, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but then it hit me: This smells (on me at least) almost exactly like coconut pineapple curry, which is strange because there is no coconut, pineapple, curry, tomatoes, peppers or rice listed, but there you go. Coconut curry in a perfume. It sounds strange, but I quite enjoy wearing it, actually. This was a good buy.

mistykerryn

It's funny how your perception of a perfume can change over time! I loved this when I first got it, but now it is just okay. My boyfriend has the male version of Fcuk Friction, and it smells great on him, so I joked that we could be all cute with our matching perfumes lol, but meh, I think I'll have to find another fragrance for that. Anyway, I can't really decide what I think of this perfume at the moment. It's nice, but then it has this slight soapy vibe. It is also very very sweet. On the verge of being sickly sweet, but not quite. I also find it quite linear, it's basically just creamy coconut all the way through for me, with undertones of vanilla and florals. So in a way that makes it kind of boring, so I don't feel like wearing this often. For now it's just my "lazy days at home" and bedtime perfume. Oh well, it was only $20, so considering the price it isn't bad, but not great either.

Tine1world
Tine1world

Love all the positive reviews here on this one. I just grabbed the bottle now from my collection, thinking my version was as usual for FCUK an EDT, instead it is an EDP. 100 mills at that and I paid 12. aussie smacka's for it on line from MBS. Anyway.

As usual the weather normally along with the occasion dictates what I might wear on any given day or night. This weekend, the weather here in Melbourne was quite nice, we are experiencing an Indian summer. Hot, sticky and cloudy. Expecting rain, as we have had so little this past summer. Burst's of sunshine slit through the clouds from time to time generating even more humidity, and the promise of well needed rain. Rain.

The coconut ingredient so clearly evident and prominent in this fragrance almost smells like 'Reef suntan oil'. I too am reminded of Pina Colada's and 10 Cc's song. If one can get past the initial burst of bad medicine. You know the liquid penicillin given to toddlers heavily tainted with coconut flavour? Which thankfully dissipates quite rapidly and quickly matures after an hour or so into a MATURE fragrance.

Completely at home on the beach, at the beach or over the breach. So beachy and very tropical.

The only two notes my schnooz can detect is the coconut and the honeysuckle. Mine must be broken too.

I do prefer this bottle design over the other wedge shaped FCUK flacons, but I still feel the top of this diamond cut bottle a little awkward to use. The spray top is so small that when looking at it atop a beige shoulder for which it sits, kind of reminds me of a pin head on top of drooped shoulders. Who on earth designs these bottles? Seriously silly.

I wish these fragrances came in a parfum. Even talc's and lotions. I thought this was an EDT. Friction as an EDP, at least on me does not last past the two hour mark, but that does not matter. It can for the quality of the mix and the inexpensiveness of the price, be forgiven. For me and to where I currently reside. It's perfect for a hot summer night or day.

There's something indicative in FCUK fragrances. One day I hope to find out what it is.

Cheers T.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Got this in today and I must say that it smells yummie!
It's one of those bargain scents that actually smell very nice!
It's a creamy pineapple, coconut, vanilla scent. I know there's not pineapple in there, but yet it does smell like pineapple to me.
Tropical & creamy! Yes, I like it!
It does stay close to the skin and it might not hold for too long, about 2 to 3 hours that I can detect it.
But it's a keeper anyway :)
♥♥♥♥

mistykerryn

Sampled this today while looking for a gift for a friend, and I think it's safe to say I want a bottle for myself now. This scent is coconut all the way to me, with a little vanilla. It's sweet, but not overwhelmingly so, and I think this fragrance would be perfect for summer, but I believe it could also work in winter too. If you like coconut, then this is the perfume for you. Very affordable price too, can't wait to buy this

lasuse
lasuse

smells like chupa chups strawberry cream lollipop tastes :).

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Cute fragrance. Burst of coconut, medium sweetness, and a hint of vanilla...all of this in one bottle. And it lasts pretty well too. Great for spring or a nice breezy day.

kateapple
kateapple

I blind bought this because it's so darn cheap. I was a little put off at first because in the bottle, it's the EXACT same scent as a candle from Bath and Body Works called Tiki Beach, which I really like as a candle, but not as much on myself. Luckily, on the skin the other notes come out. On me it's apple blossom, honeysuckle and vanilla with a hint of coconut. It's a very inoffensive scent and for the price (I got 1 oz BNIB for about $12), it's nice to have in your collection.

kasslee
kasslee

I found the 100ml bottle for $12.99, so I grabbed it, knowing it was a coconut scent because I wanted something for summer.

It's actually nicer than I expected, it smells like pineapple/coconut tropical summer to me. Like a cocktail. It has that suntan lotion smell, but add vanilla and tropical fruits. A happy, beachy scent.

Definitely worth it for the price.

MissYellow
MissYellow

THE BAD> The bottle itself can do with a makeover. Like most people, this scent does not last on my skin.

THE GOOD> love the scent. On my skin I get lots of vanilla, sugar and musk with a fading scent of coconut. It somehow reminds me a little of the drydown of Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday or Paris Hilton's Siren which is great cause now I don't have to wait around for that scent.

A must try for gourmand lovers. For everyone else, its worth a try if you like the sweet, soft, summery and feminine in a perfume.

MiuMiuKitten
MiuMiuKitten

Really wanted to like this because I love coconut and after reading all these reviews I was excited to try it- glad I didn't blind buy. When to the chemist warehouse and tested it, smelt alright at first but then turned into a sticky, cheap smell on my skin. Guess that's what you get for 20 bucks!

peachypixie
peachypixie

Sweet, sugary coconut & vanille - maybe a pina colada, poolside! None of the other notes are too powerful to single out. I get a little musk, amber, and sandalwood. Very soft in that respect, yet overall projects more loudly than you'd expect.

I'm also reminded of bananas, though it's not listed here (could be honeysuckle). Perfect warm weather fragrance, easy to reach for all summer long. The bottle shape really lends to its summertime portability.
Not to mention, the price is right! It's love at first sniff for me~

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I really liked this from the first spray, and I can see how other people really like this too. It started out with sweet honeysuckle, jasmine and red berries before settling to luscious coconut and vanilla. Friction is a great sweet scent without smelling like walking candy. It doesn't last too long, about 3-4 hours on me I found, but that only gives me reason to keep spraying it thoughout the day :)
Thanks to rhaineclayton for the great swap!

rc12
rc12

Delicious coconut and vanilla! Adds a powdery note after a few hours of wear. It's a relatively simple scent but it is lovely for summer and pretty incredible for the price. Quite like the pattern and texture in the glass part of the bottle too.

e31g
e31g

Smelling my wrist after a spray of Friction brings to mind the words tropical and sharp. The tropical vibe is of course juicy coconut, the sharpness must be the hint of sandalwood making it smell fresh and clean. In my opinion it has a slightly synthetic smell, but this is not negative by any means at times I want to smell like true perfume rather than an edible gourmand fragrance. I find this one to be a refreshing tropical- not warm and sticky its a great alternative to overly sweet coconut scents.

g1gglesg1rl
g1gglesg1rl

This was the best blind buy ever. It is a down right yummy perfume. All the good reviews on here have already nailed the sum up. Smells like a pina colada on a hot day. I cant wait to wear this through the summer. Over all this is a feel good scent :D Im smiling.

lisaivette
lisaivette

FCUK Friction for her is a nice watery coconut honeysuckle combo.A likable and casual fragrance.After about 2-3 hours it fades away, which is okay since it can be had for a very affordable price. This is not something that is complex or mind blowing , but I don't feel that I need that all of the time. Sometimes I just want a little fun in my perfume.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I was in two minds about getting this. Probably because I wore too many cheap vanilla fragrances in my youth and associate vanilla with cheap. That said, on first spray this is more like a Bourbon vanilla and eventually settles to a creamy fruity vanilla. Anyway, I saw it for $13 for 100ml a couple of weeks later and thought why not? Not to say that I don't like it but between smelling it and buying it I bought Sui Dreams, which is a much more sophisticated vanilla scent, making Friction seem a bit plain by comparison. In summary, Friction is better than your average generic vanillas if you want something simple.

fxfxfx
fxfxfx

my fiance loves this so much that he had to sniff me everytime i wear this. i receive enormous compliment too. definitely a good buy.

hotgoss84
hotgoss84

This is a nice simple vanilla perfume. Couldn't really smell anything else though besides the vanilla. Good price.

odisse
odisse

Dry down is just pure sugar to me, but it's a light inoffensive sweet scent that definitely is worth the price. 100 ml almost free, can't really complain!

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

My favorite scents are sweet gourmands, and while this is a lovely, wearable perfume, it's not sweet. More coconut and floral on me. I liked a Summer scent of B&BW called Vanilla Coconut, and was looking for something similar. This wasn't it, but I am still happy with this blind buy. A nice easy scent. And cheaply found. I also have SJP NYC Crush, and that one leans more toward suntan lotion.

Pseudonorm
Pseudonorm

I bought this solely on the reviews here and I am in love with it!!! It's winter here now in Australia and its gloomy so I brightened my life with a dash of this all over the house. It's tropical, sweet honeysuckle, coconut and pineapple scented.
I am in love. Thank you girls!

clancyann
clancyann

My skin really amplifies the honeysuckle note in this fragrance, which is heavenly. When I first put it on, it struck me that I smelled just like the little drop of nectar in a honeysuckle flower! Sweet, floral, vanilla, and a little coconut. It needs very frequent reapplication, as everyone is saying.

sissu
sissu

Yum yum yum! What a great fragrance! By far my favorite coconut perfume. I am actually shocked that pineapple is not listed among the notes, I smell it so distinctly on my skin. Like some people below have mentioned this really is reminiscent of Pina Colada. It's just delicious and yummy, happy and carefree. The perfect summer vacation fragrance. Maybe a little bodyspray-ish but I honestly don't mind it, it's super cheap anyway and in my opinion far superior to the coconut bodysprays I have ever tried.

leathermountain
leathermountain

Thank you, 2746cstreet, for the sample!

Someone else sent me some Creed's Virgin Island Water around the same time, and I prefer Friction, at, I don't know, 1/10th the price! I think both are aiming to be light, not-too-sweet coconut scents, and Friction is very successful at that, as many others have noted before me.

This is lovely for a day when you might go swimming. Won't last? Who cares? You're getting in the water anyway! Bring a bit with you to refresh, or bring something different for later. Either way, this is easy, pleasant, and fun. Sounds like what summer should be.

I appreciate a gentle sillage, and this fits the bill.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

Fcuk friction.. Lol. Anyway, got this not long ago and at first, I loved it. It was sweet, spun sugar In a pina colada. And it lasts forever on my skin, I smell it all day. But now.. Meh. It almost smells soapy to me, while still being very sweet. All I get now is a musky piña colada. Not actually musky either.. More like musty. I don't get any vanilla, nor coconut, berries, or apple blossom. It's a very strange perfume. I see above that this was voted to be similar to v.secret Coconut passion.... Umm, not even close. I love coconut passion. Fcuk friction is very soapy, very beachy.. Not the way I wanna smell, basically. It smells ok.. But it's lacking everything I thought it would be. They can't all be winners, I guess

FCUK Friction for Her is not the best coconut fragrance I've ever smelt, but I must admit that it is wearable, even if a tad synthetic.

I get the feeling that FCUK Friction for Her was aiming for a tropical vibe, however the final result was a somewhat cloying fruity and musky coconut blend. I find it far too heavy to be worn during the warmer months.

FCUK fragrances are reasonably priced, so perhaps I shouldn't have set my bar so high. I was hoping for creamy coconut, so please excuse my disappointment in FCUK Friction for Her. It is maybe a little too sweet and gooey for my personal tastes.

I find the vanilla, apple blossom and red berry notes more dominant on my skin than the coconut. It stays this way for a few hours before settling into the drydown, which consists of white musk, amber and sandalwood, toning down a lot of the sweetness.

I must say that the projection is rather strong, same with the longevity. Not bad for the price. FCUK Friction for Her is not for me, but I'm sure it will appeal to others, especially those on a tight budget.

smellME
smellME

Yes this was for me also a bargain, as a perfume
but expensive for an icecream...
I am sorry cause this was all vanilla icecream on me.
The notes sounded so promising but on me -
vanilla !
And I am not usually fond of too heavy vanilla in perfumes. I checked my wardrobe and there arent to many ...
The flacon is cool , the body massage lotion was ok but perfuming me -sorry but no, not for me !

sofababe
sofababe

A summertime bargain!!

I got this for £13/100ml, and I love it. Its sweet but not sugary, fruity but not sickly, and fresh all at the same time.

Its coconutty but not in that "suncream" way, its more like coconut water with added berries. And it lasts all day on me. Some reviewers seem to have a problem with the staying power but not me. I've been wearing this for 8 hours and I can still smell it on myself, I asked my daughter who says she can smell it, she's about 2 metres away. Even if it doesn't last this long on you, it's so cheap you can reapply liberally and often.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Pleasantly sweet, tropical and ideal for summer. FCUK Friction for her is decidedly feminine with sweet coconut flesh, tropical flowers and fruits and hints of wood. For the outgoing, young or young at heart who love sweets and playing outdoors under the warm summer sun. Overall a well done, highly affordable treat!

Score 6/10 for women

kylieb8
kylieb8

Creamy, smooth, sweet, coconutty. Just beautiful!

LEZ 7
LEZ 7

I love this perfume as coconut is one of my favourite smells,but sillage is rubbish. On me its gone within 1 hour. A good price for 100ml so cant really complain.Avon one lasts much longer,and is a bargain.

eylan.mclaughlin
eylan.mclaughlin

I just received this perfume and I love it :) it smells so nice on my skin. Its not too strong, it seems just right. I smells sweet but lovely. Im very happy with this purchase and I bought it from reading people on heres reviews. Thank u

ninius
ninius

Omg this is so sweet. Too sweet even. Coconut doesn't stand out much after 5 minutes. A bit of disappointment since everyone suggest this as a great coconut scent. As a coconut lover I'm very disappointed with this scent.

Georgina Coppola
Georgina Coppola

love it

cnotche
cnotche

This was a blind-buy for me, based almost soley on the reviews from here. I got it for thirteen dollars off of ebay, so I figured if it was a bomb, I wasn't out too much money.

I am happy to report this perfume is actually quite fantastic.

For me, Friction has strong coconut tones, but they are also accompanied by a light freshness, though I'm not sure what note that would be. Almost like a soap made with coconut oil. For me, it is perfect, exactly what I wanted. I was looking for a light, fresh summery scent. Something I could wear to work but that was still a gourmand. I was afraid with the coconut and vanilla it would be too "suntan lotion"-y, but it is very much not. Note, I don't see myself wearing this during winter, it is very much a spring/summer scent if you like to perfume yourself according to the seasons.

My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long and the sillage is almost non-existant. I have a hard time believing that it is a true EDP, though that is what it says on the bottle. Its lasting power is more akin to a body spray, and I use it as such, applying liberally and sometimes layering it with a heavier or spicier perfume. I am still happy I bought it though.

All in all an excellent blind buy, exactly what summer ordered.

jessbug
jessbug

This is well-behaved pineapple (not the overpowering, too-sweet-and-sour J.Lo Glow after Dark kind) mixed with warm coconut shavings over a base of vanilla skin musk.

Basically, the loveliest pina colada ever. I'm not a fan of pineapple and I love this scent, that's how nice it is. If you're on the fence about blind-buying this: go for it. It's cheap and good; is there a better recipe for a happy buy? :)

The only downside to this is that its longevity isn't great. I think I get around 3 hours out of this. But I think that if this fragrance had been a lot stronger it would've gotten a banana-like acetone note that would've ruined the whole scent. Besides, the bottle is big enough to re-spray every now and then.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I would like to love this - it's a fresh, sweet, summery coconut scent, but it has a slighly masculine note on me - like men's shaving cream. I have the same problem with many other coconut fragrances. I wish this could be 100 % feminine on me, but it isn't. The body lotion that comes with this doesn't have this note though, but it's quite a lot sweeter.

bluebluefrog
bluebluefrog

I am sooooo very happy with this blind buy!!!

I love coconut scents but so many of them smell 'off' and too much like a cheap air freshener.. I agree with comments below, this is very creamy, very smooth and just comforting. The closest I got before this was Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Coco Figue as I thought the Coco Extreme smelled too fake.

This is exactly what I was hoping for. It's just so pretty and well done.

I wish it had a bit more staying power but that would be my only complaint!! It's so good!!!!

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

This is the perfect summer fragrance; it is coconut-y, creamy, and tropical sexy. It's a lovely thing to spray on to freshly cleansed skin, it feels so pretty and sexy for warm evenings out. Longevity is quite impressive for the price and the bottle is pretty.

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

I had no expectations on this one,blind bought from ebay,as it was a really great deal!
Intial spray is decidedly coconut,which I love.Coconut and vanilla,are dominant,but here's where I am disappointed.There is almost no sillage,and the longevity is minimal.I can still smell it,but only by holding my wrist to my nose!

It's not a total lose,I do like the scent.I'll probably layer it with my B&bw coconut vanilla products,it'll help the longevity.The sillage is better on the B&bw already,which is a testament to the quality of b&bw.

My final verdict,spend the money on the b&bw if you can find it.It is discontinued,but for around the same price,you'll get better projection and longevity!

Emerald17
Emerald17

I was really hesitant to blind-buy this. I wanted something that wasn't too heavy, nor cloyingly sweet; but also something that was fresh, woodsy-floral, with a hint of fruit and coconut.......and that's what I got! :)

What a pleasant surprise this is! I don't like uber sweet scents; nor do I like that bitter/plasticky suntan oil/sunblock scent that I usually find in most coconut fragrances. This, to me (or on me), has almost the perfect combination of woodsy-floral-fruity-coconut. In fact, the fruit (red berries it seems) just adds a TEENY-TINY bit of tartness to keep it fresh. Perhaps the apple blossom is lending a hand in this as well. I feel like I could spray this after a shower and still feel clean; but more of a tropical clean. In fact, that's how I look at this: Fresh-yet Balmy-Tropical-Clean. The woodsiness in this makes me happy; and I can see how this would be great for lazy days, or for outdoor shopping and lunch-time gatherings in the Summer.

BTW, I can "sort of" see where people are getting pina colada; but I hardly smell it on me at all. In fact, I don't think I would have thought of it, had I not read the reviews.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Just a note to danimcneil...if you're looking for a coconut scent you might try Diesel Zero Plus Feminine. No coconut is listed in the notes but that's definitely what it smells like!

danimcneil
danimcneil

I am so UTTERLY dissapointed! I was so excited to recieve this from amazon ($8). I had read all these reviews saying this was a beautiful gourmand vanilla/coconut. I guess my nose must be broken. I get absolutely no coconut! Coconut is on of my favorite notes as well as vanilla. All I get here is a warm pineapple juice/sweat/super heavy, screechy musk scent. Its absolutely headache inducing and nausea causing. I so wish this had been all I was hoping for. I wish it acted on my skin how it does on many of u..lucky!

Riny
Riny

Please don't be discouraged by the cheap price tag !
This perfume is SO lovely and unobtrusive. I definitely get the coconut and vanilla notes most but the woody and floral notes are still there in the background adding a little depth.
A very successful blind buy ... Yum !

ika_chika
ika_chika

It's smell so yummy n sexy on my skin.. Makes my bf turn on max and get wild..

levinebabe
levinebabe

For me, a cheaper version of Meow. Smells exactly the same. I don't like both though, too sickeningly sweet for me. I had a vial, now I've given it to my lil sis, since I have Meow

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

I bought this as a blind buy (now returned), fortunately before I opened the fragrance, I found a shop with a tester.

On me it smelt of flat coconut.

I did not get any sweetness, warmth or any other notes. I was disappointed.

asukhraj
asukhraj

I am not getting sweet or 'coconutty' in this. I get tangy fruit and pineapple out of this. I neither like or dislike it. Need to try it out some more.

Update: I am so dissapointed with this fragrance, expecting sweet warm scent and all I get is sour. Have for swap if interested.

Ok so I get the coconut and the spun sugar, but on my skin Friction is mostly apple blossom, red berries, honeysuckle, wood and musk. It's not nearly the pina colada so many have described it as. I don't smell pineapple. Maybe it's the combination of apple & tart red berries giving that impression.
Friction is light, summery. Not particularly gourmand (on me) and doesn't smell of tanning lotion or tropical drinks.
Friction is more coconut water than coconut cream.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

Mmmm I got this for £4. This is my stay at home fragrance. Really warm and scrummy.
Creamy, vanillarised coconut and freshly spun sugar with me, yet I also smell pineapple but it is the berries. This fragrance is very relaxing and I use it quite alot, but it's particularly good before bed, as it's very cosy and puts me to sleep (alot like lavender and chamomile do with others)
Don't think I will ever stop purchasing this.
Excellence. I recommend as a gourmand lover.

nightcat23
nightcat23

This smells like a really fleshy sweet coconut. It smells like the edible part of a real coconut. Even though it doesn't have it listed, I can smell pineapple but that must be the berries.

It is a nice gourmand coconut. And I do detect a bit of the green unripe coconut that others have mentioned. Really nice! You would be able to wear this in summer and winter.

Soie

I agree with the person who voted this as smelling like Dolce & Gabbana "Light Blue", which basically smells of apple notes, cedar wood and lemon cleaner -- all Friction lacks is Light Blue's Lemon Pledge effect.
(It actually starts out smelling sweet and tropical, like bananas, passionfruit, guava and pineapple, but that doesnt last long.)

There's aslo an aura in Friction of Joop "All About Eve", which smells of apples and vetiver. I'm not loving the vetiver as it reminds me of the smell of smoked bacon. "All About Eve" smells like applewood smoked bacon and so, in a way, Friction does also.

I do detect a bit of creaminess in this, which is probably the coconut peeking through, but this really isn't a strongly coconut scent to my nose (I too bought this for its promise of creamy coconut). And I'm not really smelling any spun sugar (the fragrance isn't actually all that sweet; there's actually a hint of sourness to it...from the red berries, I'm guessing).

Overall, I wouldn't say that Friction is a bad fragrance, especially if you like Light Blue (which I don't). It's just not my kind of fragrance.

I'm also hoping here that Friction does NOT smelling very much like Gold Sugar, as I haven't sampled that one yet, and was hoping it was more of a sweet, milky fragrance.

AeronBranwen
AeronBranwen

I love this perfume, I wear it to work sometimes and it is just a lovely calming scent. The coconut scent is strong but unobtrusive and I found this scent to last for hours on my skin.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This comes out of the bottle as a soft clean pineapple essense - sort of a pretty fruity shampoo vibe- which I'm thinking is the mixture of red berris and honeysuckle. I'm a little worried at this phase, though it is pleasant, I blind bought this for the promise of creamy coconut. After the clean fruity beginning, the sweet notes begin to warm up, and I am smelling a hint of sugar and vanilla alongside the fruit. This reminds me a little of Katy Perry Meow now. I am patiently awaiting the coconut note, the suntan oil, the beachy vibe.... unfortunately I'm not getting it :( This smells like a variation on many popstar celebrity scents I've smelled before. It is a little more subtle though - not stranglingly sweet. I just never got the coconut. I do get a sweet, clean, creamy pineapple with honeysuckle and apple blossom. It really smells like something you could easily find at Bath and Body Works. Fruit and vanilla a dash of flowers. It's not bad, it's just not really coconut.
*Layering with CSP Coco Extreme helps!

edeangelis
edeangelis

I did not expect to love this as much as I do, since it was so cheap. This is currently my absolute favorite perfume. I LOVE coconut and tropical scents. I feel almost like I smell banana with this too - all warm and yummy like a pina colada without the ice - coconut rum comes to mind.....Totally want to lick my wrist right now, LOL:)-

Airiasthya
Airiasthya

I just tried this on my wrist and I kinda love it. It's fresh yet sweet but not overwhelmingly sweet. Definitely a summer scent. Will definitely buy this one after I ran out of my daily perfume.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

this can be had very cheaply and is a pleasant tropical sweet cocktail. I am going to try this again as it wore like tinned pineapple chunks on me!

babydoll77
babydoll77

If you love Harajuku's G perfume you'll go goo-goo and ga-ga over this one!!!! Summer in a bottle...luv it!!!! :)

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This scent is heavenly! Makes me long for the days of sundresses and cool drinks. The fruits in this are divine and from the first spritz to the dry-down, it is a pleasure to wear! Glad I got the 100 ml because I do not want to run out!!
Only drawback is that it does not last long no matter how much I spray!

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

Friction is so utterly yummy! I'm in love!

It smells like a creamy coconut and red berry dessert, lavished with whipped cream and sprinkled with brown sugar. Absolutely delicious!
Friction is soft and fluffy, like a giant coconut marshmallow.

Overall, a gourmand lovers delight! I think this is a delicious fragrance. Perfect for going to the beach in the warm summer but also perfect for cosy nights in winter, when you reminisce about the summertime :)
Highly recommended!

Cheap and cheerful is a good way to describe this FCUK friction. This is not usually a perfume brand I would even try on because of it's so commercial and can be found everywhere so cheaply that I just assumed it wouldn't be any good.I tried it on while browsing at my local chemist/drugstore and decided it would be a good and cheap one for summer and to take on holiday (most of my perfumes in my collection are quite heavy and not the best for hot weather). I got the 3.4oz EDP for AUS$20 - a bargain. I'm not very good at describing notes so won't even try, but I think this is an easy-wearing perfume for the young or young at heart, the brand and packaging probably creates this vibe (in the same vein as Gucci-Rush), but in reality it could be worn by a woman of any age. I am presently surprised by the lasting-power of this perfume for the price. As I said this is not my usual type of perfume but I have happily been using this perfume daily since I got it, and will continue to for the rest of the summer (although it could be worn anytime of the year).

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Main Notes: Tangy fruit (I feel the phantom pineapple, too), wisps of burnt sugar, honeysuckle, faint "sandlewoodiness", the usual "musk".

EDIT:
I don't like it. It's cloyingly sweet and absolutely artificial smelling for the first couple of hours, and then it's okay for 5 minutes before it disappears. Giving this away as soon as possible, to prevent me from making the mistake of giving this any more chances.

Not happy with the purchase. Thank God the 3.4oz was only $16.

melzy
melzy

Recently I was hunting for a coconut fragrance to replace my bottle of Harajuku Lovers G, which had gone stale. A brief search of Fragrantica told me that Friction was primarily coconut, and shared 3 notes with HLG. I already owned three FCUK fragrances, and despite noticing Friction, I'd never stopped to smell it.

A couple of months later I headed to my local fragrance mega-sale. At the top of my shopping list? FIND FRICTION.

This fragrance is so much better than HLG! To my nose, Friction is a soft, sweet, creamy coconut with vanilla intermingling. As it dries down it turns slightly musky, slightly woody. I get a hint of jasmine towards the end too. I do find it odd that other reviewers mention pineapple - I certainly didn't detect any.

This is summer in a bottle, love it!

Gosha
Gosha

With a name like this... I would expect something headstrong, and also darker, deeper and naughtier than this lighthearted cocktail! Nevertheless, this is nice. Really nice! Really, really, really nice! :-) With the jolly flowers, easy vanilla and sugary sweetness, fresh, milky, creamy coconut and hint of grounding amber/wood, it really is strangely comforting. It is also like a reminder of all things young, carefree and summery. Very optimistic and quite addictive.

Turcker

Simply smells like suntan lotion.

emiana
emiana

è buonissimo!! dura parecchio sulla pelle e devo dire che per il prezzo che l'ho pagato circa 15euro per 100ml è stato un acquisto davvero ben fatto! il mix di cocco,zucchero di canna e vaniglia lo rendono un gourmand ma non stucchevole...somiglia ad un profumo di nicchia che ora non ricordo.....

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I just bought this perfume 2 days ago...i wanna give my review regarding the smell of fcuk friction..this is a soft smelling fragrance..even though it is soft,but i am safisfied with the longevity of this perfume.it stays quite long on my skin...i am able to smell a little bit of citrusy smelling at its initial spray..it could be orange or maybe pineapple..i am not sure but that citrusy-like smelling is definitely there...anyway,don't get me wrong..i am not an early sniffers who smells directly on my skin once fcuk friction is sprayed...that citrusy-like scent appears on its own...then,i also smell MANGO fruit n red berries in it,producing creamy n juicy scents...MANGO is not stated/listed as one of fcuk ingredients.but that's the fruit i smelled.weird isn't it?after that,followed by sweet yet light scent of spun sugar..i also can smell coconut,jasmine flower n my brain interpreted that there's SHEA BUTTER-like or perhaps BUTTERSCOTCH-like scent on my skin...it smells pleasantly good..then as it dries down,soft vanilla,amber n musk appears..

Unlike other super sweet candyish perfumes,fcuk friction is an adult-like n also a feminine sweet-scented fragrance...it can be worn in any seasons and in any occasion...perfect for day n night...

I disagree for those reviewers here who've commented friction resembles katy perry purr...katy perry purr has a distinguishable/distinctive smelling of coconut,bamboo n peach...these three compositions can easily be recognized...

I love fcuk friction...really worth every penny spent.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

Bought this without trying as no tester and very happy that i did its a favourite now.
Cute bottle, and love the smell vanilla, pineapple and coconut, nice and tropical. And the other smells come through in between.
So Happy i bought it
Edit wish I never bought another bottle of it thought i loved it that much but now just do not like the floral pineapple smell wish i knew what gives it the pineapple effect?

Berlynn
Berlynn

super sweet and tropical. not bad! Normally I hate sweet, but it is a very delicious blend of vanilla and coconut that set this apart.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

FCUK have done it again! Friction is a gourmand lover's paradise at very little expenditure. Fruity, musky, rich and luscious, but still sheer enough to wear during the summer months without it being too heavy. I will also wear this during the winter months as it has a lovely duality - it's warm and it's creamy!

I'm constantly impressed by the FCUK line of fragrance. It's a long lasting quality fragrance that is incredibly delightful to wear. I'm constantly going on about the warm months in Australia and me being the bargain hunter that I am, can't reiterate enough that if you're on a budget or just simply disagree with the Australian price hiking of fragrances, FCUK is most definitely worth touching base with. Again, warm skin agrees with this fragrance.

I bought a gift pack of Friction and haven't been disappointed at all. Sandalwood, amber and stone fruits have been drifting about my aura all day. Friction is lovely!

Update: I used the body lotion combined with the EDP yesterday morning, I woke the next morning and it was the first thing I smelled! I'm impressed with the amazing longevity!

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

You can defo smell the vanilla and coconut as soon as you spray, it is a really sweet smell which i hated but once it had settled down it wasn't so bad. I wouldnt wear this on a night out but its ok to wear through the day.

panda0410
panda0410

Glad Im not the only one smelling pineapple here...lol! It definitely opens with a brief sweet/sour pineapple note that settles rather swiftly into a strong amber vanillic scent with a hint of red berries on sugar with light florals in the background. I get very little coconut from it, perhaps I was expecting too much having had better quality coconut fragrances in the past. None the less its a great, cheap, summer fragrance thats light and fun and good for everyday use.

atiet97
atiet97

After a quite sickening sweet opening of coconut, it transformed to an amazingly calming and enveloping perfumes in the next 15-10 minutes. I was suprised as I dont put any high hopes for this brand. Here, the warmth of vanilla and the soft sugar/ berry mix somehow reminds me of Vera Wang Princess. Thank you for not being a sugar bomb, FCUK! I don't really get the floral or musk. But I got hints of amber and wood in the drydown. So lovely, indeed! The dominating notes are vanilla, coconut and sugar, the rest are not even noticable. Suitable for cuddling under a blanket in a cold winter nights with families & friends...

This is absolutely not my cup of tea, but for those who fall in love with the vanilla gourmand type...this is good for an insanely cheap perfume!!

starvega
starvega

A blind buy based on the reviews here and the price, as I wanted an inexpensive, summery perfume, and it's pretty good! It's not a straight coconut, because there is a bit of a tang... I would've said a hint of pineapple but it's not listed, so it may be the berries + spun sugar. It's pretty, with decent sillage and longevity, and ideal for a hot summer, and days spent in the sunshine. Excellent for the price (Chemist Warehouse are currently selling 100mL for $12.50. Not even kidding.).

buriedinthewoods
buriedinthewoods

Every time I sniff this one the lyric "If you like pina coladas", from the chorus of the song Escape, pops into my head.
It's like a perfume-jukebox for my brain *v*

cinsot
cinsot

Yummy.

Addictive creamy coconut. Reminiscent of the taste of coconut-ice confectionery. It smells pink and white!

I am loving how the sweet vanilla dries down into something woody, slightly salty and semi-sophisticated. On my skin the honeyed floral notes drop in during the latter stages of the evolution resulting in a dreamy easily unisex concoction I would not mind smelling on a man.

Friction is the epitomical Summer scent. Delicious smelling and mood enhancing. Enjoy!

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This smells very similar to Victoria Secret Coconut Passion. Only difference is that in Friction you also have a pinapple note.
Vanilla, coconut, caramel and pinapple are the main notes to my nose.
The pinapple is very sour (like citrus) and unpleasant unfortunately.
But it was very inexpensive, that´s a plus.

wattie
wattie

I bought this for £5, but when I got out of the shop the smell of the tester on me went rancid like rotting veg and cloying sweetness. I could not stand it so returned it and got my money back.

mich19
mich19

I adore the smell of coconut & bought this as an everyday scent for summer. It does smell lovely, however the lasting power is awful! I even layer it with the body lotion & it doesn't last more than about an hour on me. Even though it was a cheap perfume, I will definitely not buy this again.

Michmann
Michmann

This is hilarious. My girlfriend bought this fume a while ago - must say, it's 1:1 with my Old Spice deodorant, "Bahamas" version. Maybe a tad more feminine, but basically the same. Overall it's nice and summery scent, but lasting power is disgraceful - like a body mist or sth.

Sierralee
Sierralee

I am in loveeeeeeee with this scent... it wears on me really subtly, not overpowering at all- just the perfect hint of sweetness on a warm summery day. Coconut and very vanilla-y. The bottle is gorgeous too!!

MissH
MissH

Wow, Friction should come with a health warning! It's a deep fried Bounty chocolate bar.

I definitely don't get Pina Colada, unless you remove the pineapple, throw in some butter, zap it in the microwave, sprinkled it with caramelized coconut shavings & call it Mantequilla Colada.

I love Friction & all its oozy, rich goodness but I'm not sure I can overcome the taste of melted butter in my mouth. Does it make me feel pleasantly nauseous (if there is such a thing) or just greasy & bloated?

I wore it for a whole day yesterday & I've come to the conclusion that being chased by a GIANT Bounty bar is a scary experience. Why am I wearing it again today??? I may need counselling for this one.

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

The top notes are lovely, very coconutty and vanillery but the base notes are a bit tangy and musty I think. For the price though I can't complain. it's a perfect everyday scent and if you like coconut I recommend !!

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

Love this perfume yet for some reason never buy it. I just bought a solid perfume stick from scentsy called vanilla suede and it smells EXACTLY like it! Really yummy and sexy!

alicepolice
alicepolice

It smells like super creamy strawberry ice-cream! It's a very cute scent, sweet yet more of a summer than winter scent. I think the coconut here is quite authentic, of course this isn't merely a coconut scent so expect some berries and vanilla in your compote.

Carefree would probably describe this perfume best. Love it!

Mebster
Mebster

Sorry, but imho, for my untrained nose, it smells like many other sweet vanilla coconut fragrances out there that i could smell on at least 2 person i met in a day. So basically It's a nice perfume loved by many people.. I'm just on the other side of the fence.

michellec
michellec

To me this smells like summer! It's coconutty vanilla pineapple and some other tropical smells. It's just beautiful and what surprises me the most is it's strength. I'm no perfume snob I own many celeb perfumes but didn't know anything about this brand. Seemed like a drugstore kind of fragrance, but it really is good quality I will no longer overlook this company. This is the perfect coconut vanilla scent If you love vanilla or coconut you will love this Very beautiful!

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

This smells really good & very similar to Katy Perry Purr & Meow. A lot of coconut, red berries, sandalwood, honeysuckle, amber, vanilla. Not too sweet at all. It is woody, powdery & tropical. Not feminine or girly. I can see woman of all ages wearing this. I am so glad its affordable too so I can go through many bottles. :)

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I looove this one. It's a beachy, tropical, summery scent that you can use all year long. The smell of vanilla, coconut mmmmm is to die for...not too sweet or overpowering...just delicious. It's a casual, uplifting scent that's perfect for every day ware. Very affordable (+++); this one is a keeper!

KateAnette
KateAnette

Creamy coconut and vanilla. Very summery, but on my skin this has super sillage and longevity, so have to remember to spray with caution in hot weather.

Now it's getting cold, and i think this is a "summer" perfume that i'm gonna use in the winter as well. It brings me right back to summer.
And really, one or 2 sprays in plenty, lasts all day. This morning i sprayed 4 sprays, and it was close to nauseating for the first couple of hours.
Sprayed in moderation, this is really nice. Not to mention, very affordable. Cheap without smelling cheap, that combo is hard to find :)

molli1
molli1

The bottle reminds me of a pineapple, and the scent is very coconut, vanilla and floral mix. Very summery and tropical. This is my favorite perfume so far, and I have over 40 perfumes in my collection. It's a must have!

c3c
c3c

I picked this up blind buy based on reviews. It reminds me of Lollia Imagine if you added a funky powdery soapy vibe. I am surprised at the rating for sillage. I made the mistake of applying two sprays and I could barely stand to be around myself, I had to go wash it off, or try two. One spray is all I can handle and it lasts for a long time at this intensity. I wish all perfumes had this kind of power lol!
There is definitely coconut, but it is not overwhelming, vanilla in the background along with possibly something a bit floral, maybe the apple blossom? I think the style of musk gives it the funky powder/soapy vibe, but if that's it at least it's a musk I can stand.

Bottom line this is a nice fragrance with enviable sillage and staying power. Is it love? Definitely not, but it's enjoyable. Creamy? Maybe a bit. Worth a try? For the price, if your a fan of these notes and this style then yes.

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

Ok, so after much reading over reviews, then re-reading the reviews I bought a bottle of this off of ebay. At first smell, I'm not a super fan. What can I say? I was perhaps, a bit too sold without actually smelling this. At first smell I instantly get a powdery coconut then a almost bug spray/chemical rendition of burnt sugar/spun sugar/some form of sugar. After a half hour or so I get a more rich and buttery sugar scent with a faint coconut note. I don't smell any berries, sandalwood, or amber. I do get a bit of apple blossom though. I'm pretty bummed out this didn't smell as spectacular as I'd hope it would...

tvu
tvu

Fresh, light fruity, creamy, and yummy like a tropical fruit drink:) a delightful on the nose at a cheap price (under $20USD for 100ml EDT). However since it's an EDT it last for only a couple of hours which needs to constantly reapplying (did i say fresh, it's fresh because of its alcohol EDT content..lol...).

prang
prang

One of my favorite perfumes,creamy coconut and warm vanilla make me feel sweet and girly. Has not much sillage,but I love it.

Gonna buy this perfume again!!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

A pleasant surprise. It's like the budget version of Serge De Lutens Bois De Vanille. If you like that scent, save a hell of a lot of your money and purchase this one instead! lol I've always loved both vanilla and coconut, so I am happy with this perfume as an addition to my wardrobe. It is pleasant and cooperative enough to mix with other scents, or nice on it's own as a day time or summer scent.

Creamy.

karlee79
karlee79

Wow! This is my new favorite scent! So creamy and warm, could be worn in summer , but better for warmer weather I think. This smells is similar to Versace Crystal Noir crossed with Armani Lei , but way more creamier and with alot more sweetness. I'm so glad I got this in a swap:) it definatley not your typical synthetic coconut smell, has major depth and variation! Not quite sure how people are associating it with being tropical though???

shitmuffin
shitmuffin

I am quite surprised at how much I disliked this perfume.
I wore it once, and at the end of the day the smell was making me feel ill.
After a week of owning it, I gave it to a friend, and when I complemented her on her gorgeous smell one day, it turns out it was this.
It just goes to show, everyone is different, and everyone suits different scents. It also reminds me to always test perfumes on my skin, rather then on a piece of cardboard.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

i thought this would turn out like a bbw frag or something, but it is quite yummy and lasting. sweet, creamy and it doesn't make me sick. got a huge 3.4 oz for $15 on ebay, what a deal!!!!!!

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

OMG!! Ok i have to thanks my best swap person in the world hahah! JazzBirdSinger, for swaping this one with me. I loooove this smell sooo bad it's smooth , soft , vanilla, coconut! & Jasmin,. On my iM'm lucky 'cause it really stay like 5-6 hours & sometimes durign the day when i think i don't smell anymore there's this nice sweet scent that pass by when i mouve. I just love this one! Not overpowering just soft & exotic smell. If youdon,t like coconut i don't recomend this one! but my Boyfriend usually don't & he really love this one. He find it sexy :)
it's a really nice summer scent! i think i will try to get another bottle just in case!
Summer is almost over it will be a great pick me up! when i'll get the blues in the winter haha!

dness92
dness92

At last I have it!

I think the best way some of the reviews described this scent in order not to be disappointed is 'coconutty tropical lotion scent'. I find that the creaminess that many described isn't really there; it's more of a dry smell. It's quite sharp too and that's where the word 'tropical' comes into play - I smell pineapple.

So this to me is a pineapple & coconut & woods mix rather than anything overly sweet. Of course it gives off a thick, warmish vibe because it is a tropical scent after all but it's nothing to be comparable to spun sugar or vanilla fluffy heaven.

I think where many people said they smell ripe coconuts rather than creamy ones is what I interpret to be a pineapple scent.

I don't know if I agree that this is only a skin scent because upon application yes, it sort of doesn't have a big presence, you do have to smell your wrist but then when I went out of the room and came back, all I could smell is this perfume. So it must be more noticeable than we seem to think and must leave a trail behind. We hope :P

Here's a nice, stronger alternative though - Harajuku Lovers G. To me, it's virtually the same scent. The pineapple and the dry coconuts with a slight hint of powderiness.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

French Connection Friction for Her is sweet, fruity, and tropical! Sweet red berries, creamy coconut, warm vanilla, and spun sugar with hints of apple blossom, jasmine, and honeysuckle to a dry down of soft sandalwood and amber. I have to agree with everyone who says this smells like a piña colada! Makes me think of island getaways!

Abby1970
Abby1970

This is one of the loveliest body sprays I have ever smelled. I say body spray because, although I bought the Eau de Parfum, it performs like a mediocre body spray. It's a beautiful tropical summer scent. Tropical fruits and coconuts mixed with honeysuckle and apple blossoms. You could easily wear this one to the office as it stays close to the skin and will surely not offend anyone. It's such a summery, natural, fresh scent. Its only shortcoming is that you would need to re-spray every couple of hours. However, £13 for 100ml bottle, it's affordable enough to be able to do that.

Longevity - 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
Silage - about 12 inches for the first 45 minutes and close to the skin for about 1 1/2 hours before it disappears.

Tip – If you apply Hawaiian Tropics Sunscreen oil or lotion and then spray this scent over it, it really enhances the coconut tropical scent of this perfume and will add at least an extra hour or two to the longevity of this fragrance.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

OMG!!!!! such a grate blind-buy.
Creamy-sugared yummy coconuts.
I may say it is tropical, gourmand, casual all at the same time.
Some say pina-colada, I agree but not synthetic at all, it´s like the real thing.
It´s all about coconut milk, warm sugar, a litlle dash of malibu rum perhaps.
There are some tropical fuit hints at the beggining that make it fun to wear.
the dry-down is the most creamy gourmand experience.
I´ll consider it as a Skin scent, wich I love. I´m not really fond on Loud type of frags.
I´m like carrying this island-beachy holiday mood with me everywhere I go when I wear it!!
It drags tons of compliments, so glad I have this scented jewel with me. I´ll never run aout of it.

pingui
pingui

I too, bought this fragrance as a blind-buy on E-Bay. I've been searching for a perfect pina-colada scent for these hot sultry days, and this fragrance is better than a direct representation. I get tropical fruit over a soft vanilla-coconut. The white flowers, add a slight complexity that elevates this fragrance to something above what you'd find at Bath and Body Works (no offense). I like this fragrance, and in time I think I will love it. It definitely feels like a tropical vacation, with a pina-colada in your hand.

10/11/12: On a whim, I put this fragrance on today, and I am surprised that it works for 60 degree sunny fall weather. It reminds me of coconut macaroons, and strangely the florals receed even more into the background. This is a true gourmande exceptional value, which has applications beyond sultry summers. I highly recommend this!

bladesabre
bladesabre

Oh my goodness this is just plain lovely! I bought this as a blind buy based on the reviews on here and I love it. A great daily scent that I can't wait to wear to work to see what my colleagues think! (We always compare perfumes!) I am a coconut perfume lover but I must admit this one is very different but great! Quite a soft fragrance but enough to be noticed I think. Thanks to all on here you guys were spot on! :)

myplacebo
myplacebo

Friction FCUK is coconut-vanilla in equal measures, 4 spritzes lasted just 4 hours on a warm day, and stayed quite close, projection about a foot. Quite linear, despite the mention of berries, blond woods and jasmine. These other notes were pretty non existent to my nose apart from the merest of hints after the coconut and vanilla had left centre stage.

This is a simple, uncomplicated 2 note scent which has more of a body lotion quality, rather than a blended frag. Very economically priced, pleasant, and inoffensive coconut vanilla ensemble.

junebiswas
junebiswas

Just two words are enough to describe this perfume - Piña Colada :)

JazzBirdSinger

i'm layering friction with an oil based version of creed virgin island water....tropical caribbean paradise

JazzBirdSinger

pardon the immaturity and banality but here goes:
FREAAAAAKING YUMMMMM.
did i say yummmm? yummmm
sweet summer coconut milk
in a cream colored flask bottle.
it is a tropical, sweet, creamy coconut drink.
if you like/love/coconut get this.
oh and did i mention its under 2O$ for the 3.4 oz bottle?

onlineallday
onlineallday

I don't get creamy coconut but I do get coconut! and juicy fruits. I can see pina colada drink too! I am glad this not a heavy, suntan creamy lotion or coconut frosting cupcakes. I enjoy this as an alternative to any richer coconut perfumes.

Kittycat63

I have to disagree slightly with the review below! On me, Friction smells of CREAMY coconut, not un-ripe, green coconuts! Some perfumes change on each person depending on their skin chemistry, etc, and clearly this perfume smells creamy on some women but not on others! I'd recommend that if anyone's interested in any perfume they try it on their skin to give it a chance and then make up their minds. I blind buy quite a lot based on reviews, mainly on this website, but of course some of the time those buys work out well, other times very much not so well! Anyway, on me Friction smells really nice and is one perfume I'm very happy to have in my ever expanding collection and it's a great price too!

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Begged my son to get this for me for my birthday. Figured, for the price, and based on the reviews, its a win-win.

Except YUCK (or shall I say YCUK!?). I don't like this at all. The coconut is not your garden variety coconut. It is a greeeeeen coconut. Raw off the tree... and not ripe yet. Not creamy, not toasted, not lotion smelling... none of what I am familiar with.

I can not get past the green coconut. It is slightly sweet. Slightly vanilla. But mostly... just an un ripe coconut that smells nothing like coconut. I have looked at the notes and can not figure out what smells so green. Like, when you pull a long stem of grass (like 3 feet long) that has the little wavy seeds at the end, and you stick the grass in your mouth and kinda chew on it. It smells like that.

Which is fine, if you live on a farm and like that. But I don't want it in a fragrance. Too bad. I'd swap this away, but my son gave it to me after I begged him, and I so I can't bear to part with it. I layer it with ANY other scents.

He took a sniff and said "this smells like a club". Meaning every 20 year old girl out there is swimming in this stuff. Not for me. Nope. Not for me.

Nemosh
Nemosh

I got this today and it is a nice scent.
The coconut is very mild on me , not really noticeable.
It is sweet and the note that comes up the most on my skin is red berries.
I was expecting coconut from the reviews here. It is a good thing because coconut turns sour on me after a while.
My daughter tried it too and she loved it.
I think it will suit a younger person better.
It is a nice summer scent for a reasonable price.

damewolf13
damewolf13

On my skin this is a smooth creamy dip of vanilla bean soft serve ice cream, topped off with an abundance of yummy sweet toasted coconut sprinkles.
Perfect for summer, and warmer weather climates.
Sillage is good, and longevity is quite good, on me, as well.
I highly recommend this for a simple yummy summer scent!

Raina
Raina

I'd been hearing about how the coconut in this is amazing so I thought I'd blind buy it and see what happened.

Yes, there's coconut. Is it the perfect coconut? No, not really. Its more along the lines of Harajuku Lovers G in that the coconut is blended in with a bunch of other fruits (the red berries mixed with the florals), giving it more of a tropical drink effect. There's a slight masculine edge to this that I find common in some of the more cheaply made fragrances. Don't get me wrong, its an okay fragrance. But rather than put me at the beach like I was hoping this would do, it puts me inside the tropical drink I'd be holding on the beach.

So if Harajuku Lovers G comes out synthetic on your skin, then this would be a good option for you. Otherwise, unless you like smelling like a tropical drink, I'd look elsewhere for a good coconut.

adrienn99
adrienn99

well, i was expecting to smell full-blown dried supersweet coconuts as opposed to fresh coconuts. All in all it is not that gourmand as expected, which makes it more wearable for summer.

This scent reminds me of Diesel Plus Plus Feminine, which I also have, although Friction is a lot aerier and less powdery. Friction also reminds me of TM Innocent as there is some note that these scents both share (think the synthetic berries)and that embarrassing woody note (no patch).

Well I do not say I cannot like it but there is something disturbing in one of the notes but this is what you get for 15 quid (I also got a lotion and scrub), had worse scents in the above 50 pounds category

Lee79
Lee79

I've had this perfume for months now. I bought a 3.4 oz at my local TJMAXX for a ridiculously low price. Since it was from French Connection I thought I'd give it a try. I looked on here, but there wasn't any info on Friction, there wasn't much info anywhere on the web.

To my surprise it smells wonderful. Light, sweet coconut and vanilla, with a warm and woody feeling thats perfect for any time of the year. But u need to really apply this heavy or it won't last. I almost swapped it...so glad I didn't.

Kittycat63

This was yet another blind buy (blind perfume buying over the internet is a bit addictive!!) and it's been one of my more successful buys, which makes me really happy! I'm not usually a huge fan of coconut in perfume for some reason (I like it in food though!) and in Friction it's probably the most dominant note on my skin but I love it in this perfume. It's a warm, creamy coconut mingling with the vanilla, spun sugar and a hint of apple blossom. I don't particularly notice the floral notes or the berries, unlike in FCUK3 which on me smells mainly of berries and vanilla. I much prefer it to FCUK3 though and also to FCUK Her, which I really disliked because unlike Friction, to me it smelled cold, synthetic and very unsexy. The only disappointment for me with Friction is that, as with some of the other reviewers, on me the staying power is pretty poor and it fades very quickly after only a few hours. Still, considering the price is so reasonable that's not too surprising and, in my experience, some expensive perfumes fade equally quickly, if not even more so. One way to make it last longer though is to spritz it on clothes and then it lingers quite awhile. Oh, and also the bottle doesn't really appeal to me (for some reason it reminds me of a vinegar bottle!) but it's the perfume inside that counts so the bottle doesn't particularly matter.

Friction has become one of my 'go to' perfumes, along with my fave Oxygene, and I'll definitely be replacing it when I run out (which will be quite soon seeing as I'm using it so often at the moment!).

dkny27
dkny27

Sweet coconut, warm vanilla, sweet coconut, a light tropical fruit and did I mention sweet coconut?! I am convinced that I have found my lovely, forever sought after coconuty summer scent. Again, a fragrance that I was unaware of and am now smitten with! It is even better layered with coconut milk oil and perhaps a later spritz of SJP Pure Crush or Bronze Goddess.... Either way, if you aren't fond of coconut and tropical goodness, you may not be a big fan of this.................

Hairytrees1
Hairytrees1

This is one of my new favourites. I'm so glad I bought it, especially as it was only £13.95 for 100mls. You can really detect the vanilla, coconut, spun sugar and florals and it smells good enough to eat. I could spray it all day, and I do, I spray it lots. I've just bought my second bottle for when I run out!

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Was lucky enough to recieve a decant of this from a lovely member (see person below!) and after wearing it twice I IMMEDIATELY went for the full bottle! The coconut is the star of the show but the woods and amber give it a completely different vibe than most coconut scents. It's not a suntan lotion or beachy scent. This is one I could wear all year long, not just summer. A new favorite!!!!

The name is a total wreck, but I love it. It's clever and grabs attention; good or bad. It gets attention! I cannot say the same thing with the bottle quality tho. They look great in photo but the actual bottle's quality is quite poor (a lot of rough/unfinished plastic area) but hey it's very very inexpensive online.

The important part is the smell. I am totally in love with this collection, especially For Her. While For Him is fresh and quite clean smelling, For Her is delicious and intoxicating. I get a lot of smooth vanilla and quiet coconut combo, sweet sugar that is not heavily syrupy, soft wood, and some lovely fruity freshness. Perfect scent to wear year round, in my opinion.

This newest addition is, by far, the best this brand ever offers. I personally enjoy wearing them both, and I wear them quite often because they are very affordable that I don't have to shop around or wait for a sale to re-purchase. Thumbs up FCUK!

Aspendina
Aspendina

One of my top favs smells like a creamy coconut and a little hint of apple. Doesn't have much staying power on me but I don't care I would spray this all day.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Yay!! They finally made a page for this on fragrantica! I bought this impulsively at Ross, because I liked the packaging, and it was discounted, and omg I'm so glad I did! It is sooo yummy! It is vanilla, coconut, pineapple, amber, musk. The scent is predominantly vanilla, but NOT the sugary sweet vanilla you usually find in lotions and perfumes. It is a dark, sexy, sensuous vanilla. Almost rummy, too. Beautiful, sensual, feminine. I love it... the one knock against it is sillage, or rather lack thereof! It lasts quite a while, but it's pretty close to the skin.

angelle
angelle

I stumbled on this perfume when the Mothers Day special catalogues were out and when I went to collect a different perfume that was on special I asked if they had a tester bottle of this. The sales person said that the supplier had not sent them a tester I said oh thats a pitty, She then proceeded to open a box and said lets try it. To my surprise its a beautiful fragrance, I own a lot of different perfumes and I can honestly say I dont have anything that actually smells like this. I grabbed a bottle at the bargain price of $29.95 for 100mls !!
Its just a soft smooth and sweet (without being overly sweet or overdone) perfume I can definately smell the coconut, tropicals, vanilla and caramel, it is just a great perfume for any occasion I believe.I have been wearing it to work and anytime really. I can see myself zooming through this bottle in no time from over use and have asked my Sons to get me a gift pack as a late Mothers Day present !! Nice bottle as well. Definately one to try and dont be put off by the cheap price or the brand.

FCUK Friction for Her by FCUK 3.91 out of 5 based on 453 ratings and 147 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about FCUK FCUK Friction for Her fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about FCUK FCUK Friction for Her, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify FCUK Friction for Her by FCUK. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of FCUK Friction for Her by FCUK represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.