Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Aphrodisia Faberge for women

Aphrodisia Faberge for women
dislike

Aphrodisia perfume was launched in 1938. Top notes: bergamot, neroli, lemon and fruit. Heart: carnation, jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang and honey. Base: oak moss, vetiver, amber, civets and musk.

Neroli Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Fruity Notes

Carnation Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose white honey

vetyver Musk oak moss Amber Civetta

Aphrodisia Fragrance Reviews

Aphrodisia can be found in two forms – there is the usual amber colored version, with reddish or orange cap, and there is also a green version, with a pale colored cap. They are supposed to smell the same. I am lucky enough to have both versions and cannot help but to test these together to compare. I can say the smell is the same, yes, but I prefer the amber because it is stronger, lasts longer and somehow smells richer. I don’t think its necessarily due to reformulation, however. I think it’s due to age. The red version I have is older than the green, and the liquid has become dark and thick, but oh my gosh, it smells divine. I think it’s a perfect example of how an old perfume can get better with age. This red-capped bottle is over 50 years old and still smells heavenly. It only seems to have become more concentrated, and somehow all the most beautiful notes have been magnified. If I had only tried the green version, I would still love it, it is just a slightly weaker version of my aged red version. It is floral, woody, sweet and rich, yet never too heavy, and I simply cannot stop smelling my wrist. Aphrodisia is quite possibly the richest, best smelling drugstore vintage I have ever smelled. It is labelled as a chypre floral, but I think it also leans towards the oriental category. The civet in here is so faint on me, I almost miss it, yet I can tell that without it, the scent would lose some depth. It makes me want to find and sample all of the old Faberge scents.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I just picked up a half full bottle of Aphrodisia at the flea market for a dollar...

OMG I love it.. but it is a cameleon on me.. it starts out fruity, sweet lemon and some other sweet fruits, then its more of a floral, later its more woody, musky with the oakmoss..

Its more cooler / fresher than warm.. It is a strong uplifting scent to me.

jujy54
jujy54

So, I wasn't alone wearing and loving this in Hhigh school. Just landed some on ebay. I'd call this a cool chypre for summer. I'm positive there's some ambergris in there, too. Luscious.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

Funny story about Aphrodisia....I was in Junior High School and we were visiting my Grandmother, who was ill and in an Assisted Living Facility (she passed away shortly). Two of my Great-Aunts had given Granny perfume for her birthday. One was Avon Cactus Flower, the other was Aphrodisia. Granny only liked Muguet by Coty, so she asked my sister and me to take the perfumes (my Mom did not like either of them).
My college-age sister grabbed the Avon, which was actually a light scent and more for teens, while I smelled Aphrodisia and said "I WANT THIS ONE!!!!".
I wore it to school the next day, and the teacher sent a note home with me telling my Mom that this scent was "too adult for a little girl", but Mom did not make me get rid of it, she and Dad just bought me Skinny Dip (NOT Love's Baby Soft---read my review of that perfume!) and told me to wear that to school instead and save Aphrodisia for other occasions.
I remember it as heavy, sweet,long-lasting, and "gourmand", as the term goes.
I was so sad when it finally ran out, and then was discontinued.
Correction: I guess "gourmand" is not the correct term, as this does not have food notes (other than fruit and honey), but to me the feeling was the same as a gourmand, in terms of richness.

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

I purchased Aphrodisia in a little plastic packet that also came with Woodhue, which I haven't worn yet and Flambeau, which I have worn but isn't listed here and I will review after discussing Aphrodisia.

I have a problem understanding what became of the Faberge company because they had very lovely and very popular fragrances.

Anyhow, I had been wearing Aphrodisia all week and the weather has still been hot. This is a rather quiet fragrance that gets eaten up by hot weather. In the last day or so, it has cooled off and rained and that is when this fragrance's beauty comes through. The fruity top notes are very subtle and pleasant which makes it so much more authentic smelling than the big berry/pineapple/air freshener fragrances that are rather popular right now. The cool air brings up the spicy woodsiness of the oakmoss and carnation. Very enjoyable scent.

I like this scent very much but I think I liked Flambeau much more. That is an aldehyde very similar to Arpege but where Arpege is very angular and unyielding, Flambeau is softer (not softer smelling, but softer in composition, if that makes any kind of sense). I consider Flambeau to be like Arpege's younger sister who has something of a "bad" reputation and Arpege is the "prudish" one of the two.

StarMagix
StarMagix

I still have a small bottle of this wonderful fragrance! It smells just as great as it did way back when. I wore this in high school and into my early adult years, then they discontinued it! I do wish they would bring this scent back. I use what I have very sparely just to make it last, but someday it will be only a memory. This perfume has a hint of Shalimar in it. I think it is the powdery content. It is so soothing and has that comfort appeal to it. I love wearing it with a new pair of jamies and then cozy up with a good movie, nice fire if appropriate and just relax.

Adrien02
Adrien02

This brings to me wonderful, childhood memories from the 70's. It was a fragrance I remember from middle or high school timeframe. Wanting to feel more grownup when going to block parties to catch a glimpse of your current crush. This is a cherished memory fragrance for me.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Sex bomb!!!!

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I sure do remember Aphrodisia like it was yesterday. I went to purchase a birthday party gift for a friend when I was about 13. They had Faberge for $1 for a small bottle in a clear plastic gift box. I picked out Aphrodisia as being a nice one , it was sort of green and floral not as loud as Tigress or Woodhue. Perfect for this nice girl.
When I got back from shopping my mother was very upset with my selection. The girl that I was giving it to happened to be the daughter of a minister. My mother began ranting about Aphrodisia for a minister's daughter . I had no idea what the meaning of the word aphrodesia was or attach any significance to the name of the perfume. I just thought it was better than Tigress ! I did give the Aphrodisia to my friend as my parents did not wish to take me back to exchange it. She was very happy with it and no one was offended . I can't see a bottle of Faberge without remembering this incident. I wish that they would bring all three of the Faberge fragrances back in their original formulation. They were great even if Mom had objections !

Kiku
Kiku

I remember Aphrodisia from when I was a young teen in the mid-1960's. It was the first fruity/green/musky scent(not very common notes then) I ever experienced. I bought some recently on ebay and it was just as I remembered: The opening notes are fruity and a bit sweet. The middle notes are softly floral. The basenotes are musky/woodsy. There is an overall coolness to this scent, like walking into the woods on a hot day and the cool air wraps itself around you. Aphrosisia was a sophisticated scent then and still is.

Aphrodisia by Faberge 4.41 out of 5 based on 38 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Faberge Aphrodisia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Faberge Aphrodisia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aphrodisia by Faberge. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aphrodisia by Faberge represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.