Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Babe Faberge for women

Babe Faberge for women
dislike

Babe Faberge for women Pictures Babe Faberge for women Pictures

Faberge Babe was launched in 1977 and discontinued in 1992. Babe is a fresh, beautiful and fabulous fragrance, advertised by the granddaughter of Ernest Hemingway - Margaux Hemingway and, later, by Kathy Smith. Babe is for beautiful women with an exciting career, active, engaged in sports and interested in romance.

The composition is blended of 118 different essences, including aldehydes, raspberry, bergamot, jasmine, hyacinth, ylang-ylang, lily of the valley, honey, rose, orris root, carnation, citrus, coriander, oak moss, amber, vetiver, musk and celery seed.

It is available as a perfume, eau de cologne and the accompanying collection for body care.

Citruses Bergamot Aldehydes Raspberry Jasmine Carnation Hyacinth Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Orris Root white honey Amber Musk Coriander Celery Seeds oak moss vetyver

Yendi
Estee
Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare

Babe Fragrance Reviews

cyanne
cyanne

There is a demand now for anything retro or nostalgic. Those who never experienced it want to know! It could be marketed as "That Hemingway aura." :)

bonnie52
bonnie52

I loved this in high school and had all but forgotten it till I saw it here. Brings back fond memories of my teen years! I remember it was a very long lasting scent.

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

Someone respond to my plea! Bring it back. There is a market for this. The memory lane market at least.

powderqueen
powderqueen

I also was given a bottle of Babe as a teenager. It was also my first "real" perfume. In Australia the bottle was different to the one shown above, with a peach coloured plastic lid and Babe written in the "Fame" style. I kept my empty bottle for at least 20 years, occasionally sniffing my happy teenage memories. Then, on a decluttering binge, I threw it away. What a mistake!!! I would love to smell it again one day.

marsiesmoon
marsiesmoon

Oh I love this fragrance so much ! It was a scent I longed to posess in the 80's when I was in grade school.The girl who boarded the bus before me wore it and it smelled so good! I finally asked what it was and then begged my parents for it for Christmas.I cannot tell you a single note that stands out, but it was just so sexy.Like salty skin, flowers and musk.I just acquired a bottle on Ebay.It is old, but I can still detect the original, beautiful scent.Bring it back, honestly-bring it back!

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

The opening was a beautiful 1970s green floral/chypre very similar to Coty Nuance, that quickly evolved into a sticky raspberry and oakmoss stench on my skin. Off-putting.

Adrien02
Adrien02

A blast from the '70s past. I can only remember liking the opening then experiencing an almost sickening drydown. Even now I can still remember that smell :{

I just recalled what this one reminds me of: Missoni by Missoni, an EDC version of it. Still can only take so much of it.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I wish they would bring this scent back! It's one of the few perfumes that have a carnation note but DON'T make me sneeze. I think Babe has an interesting and complex mix of notes, for such an inexpensive scent.
I first used it as an afterbath splash, which was four for a dollar, small bottles, in a local discount drugstore. The splash lasted surprisingly long and had a decent sillage. Then I bought a small bottle of the Babe fragrance oil---incredible longevity!!!
I could never pick out an individual note, in terms of any being dominant, but the mix of herbal and sweet really appealed to me.
Babe was named for legendary female athlete Babe Didrikson, and the spokesmodel was Mariel Hemingway.It was one of many "liberated woman" scents that emerged in the wake of Charlie, and I think it actually smelled better on me than Charlie.
Correction: The spokesmodel was Mariel's big sister Margeaux.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

I diddn't think much of it when it came out, thought it was just another "teen scent" in a big, loud, ugly bottle. I recently aquired a 4 oz. bottle and am liking it for an everyday after bath type fragrance. I don't find it strong or lasting all that long. It's just a nice mellow scent for everyday. It has a nice flowery, musky scent that is comfortable and inviting. It would be fine for any activity or occasion.

julieanneh
julieanneh

This was gifted to my by my siblings in the late 70's and I was still in primary school. I remember liking it, but it was given to me being the baby of the family and nicknamed Babe. (well before any movie) I wish I could buy it now just to smell it again.

sherryberry
sherryberry

@Scarlette, I used to wear Cie in the 80's, when I was in high school. I loved it so much. I was looking around for it here, and was surprised it wasn't listed. I also wore Babe a lot in the 80's.

MadameBlueMonarch
MadameBlueMonarch

The best scent ever made. Wore it to clubs-danced ALOT and the guys always commented on it. Exact comments not suitable for sharing (wink). There is a page on FB for it with hopes to raise a cry to re-market it. If you loved it, go and LIKE the page. I miss it, and paid a small fortune for a very small amount and would do it again.

Scarlette
Scarlette

I LOVED Babe in the 70s and 80s!! I wish the best ones weren't discontinued. Very feminine, strong, confident; a sweet airiness coupled with a deep sensual mossiness.
Reminds me of Cie by Shulton...not in the system.

lobitadetj
lobitadetj

Loved this fragrance way back when I was a teenager. Too bad they discontinued it. What fragrance resembles Babe? Really would like to know.

Madame Blue Monarch
Madame Blue Monarch

The sweat you made dancing your butt off all night only made it smell better!
There was a lot of men who danced with me at nightclubs and one thing I could always count on was being asked to dance and hearing, "damn, you smell good" in a purring voice next to my ear.
I knew I did. I still love things that smell wonderful. This perfume still rocks me whenever I can manage to track some down.
There is a FB page dedicated to getting enough 'LIKES' to entice the owners of the rights to the perfume to re-release it due to popular demand. We want to show them it WAS loved-greatly, we DO want it back, we STILL want it!!! Please, if you're on FB, look up the page.

camaral
camaral

Babe also made underarm deodorant spray- very inexpensive- which I wore for a couple of years in the mid to late 80s, and always got tons of compliments. It was really awkward when people would ask what my amazing fragrance was!
I think I saw some in a drug store within the last year or so, but have learned my lesson about trying to relive past fragrances from that far back. (They seem to have turned or been reformulated...Or maybe I have. Lol!)

me79
me79

I would LOVE to know how this smells, anyone ?

Henriette
Henriette

Oh, what a trip back to when I was 15 or 16! If you wanted to be à la page, you had to wear Babe. I remember the slogan with Margaux Hemigway and her 1 million dollars. It was an intense scent, very long lasting, almost annoying to people around you (some of my schoolmates hated it - I was in a nun's school and I felt very trasgressive wearing Babe but also L'Heure Bleue and tons of Charlie and Miss Dior) but very nice. I do not know if it would be welcomed again today, maybe a bit surpassed but truly truly truly very nice. Very special in its own special way, very innovative back then.

Mandana
Mandana

"Babe" what a blast! This fragrance was hot back in the late 70's, it reminded me of "Charlie's Angels", flared sequinned jeans, shiny lipgloss, big hair and disco lights... It smelled the same on every girl or woman though, and everyone was either wearing it or talking about buying it! I got a bottle too of course, it smelled to me like a fresh sweet breeze, buoyant, wearing "Babe" was like going up in a hot-air balloon and maybe not returning to earth again!! Interestingly there were many notes in this fragrance, so many florals for instance I see, hence the sweetness.I didn't smell the musk though and the drydown in my view was not much different from the opening notes, it started off sweet and stayed that way, there seemed to be nothing in "Babe" to stabilize the light notes. The perfume was complex, but just about every woman or girl at the time liked it, because it was so feminine exciting, and incredibly sweet and "airy". Hence the description of the hot-air balloon and not making it back to earth again! By today's standards "Babe" is slightly dated though but at the time of launch it was "the" perfume for a young woman to wear. Getting a bottle for your best Girl friend for Christmas was the ultimate present! The name suited the perfume very well too. Thanks for reading my review!

Jilly B
Jilly B

This was my first 'proper' fragrance in a bottle. I think I was around 12 ( so that'd be 1983) and I got a huge bottle for my Christmas from my mum and dad. I felt so grown up, with my bottle reminiscent of the 'fame' logo and the gold lid.

I vaguely remember it being very sweet, but not in an annoying way, just very clean and innocent.

Happy memories and good times.

this was my signature fragrance as a teen. i loved this and couldn't get enough of it. it smelled like all the notes described in a wonderful mix, poured into a cute, young stylish bottle. this site is sure bringing me back.

luckystar12
luckystar12

The favorite of the 80's teenagers, like me!! very fresh and clean like a soap

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I was surprised to see the complicated formula and all the different notes in Babe. It was always a drugstore/mass market retailer scent that was very affordable in its day, though that was an era when even an inexpensive mass market scent still contained quality ingredients.

My favorite aunt and my sister wore this one in the late 1970's and early 1980's. The aunt seemed very sophisticated to me: a career woman in her 20's with a handsome husband and no children. She had a trendy wardrobe and traveled the world. My sister was in junior high when she wore this one. Oddly, the scent didn't seem out of place on either of them.

My recollection of this scent is purely the MUSK. It was very feminine, very clean but very musky and it lasted for ages. I agree with the other comments that it wouldn't sell now. It seems very much of its time and place. Would love to give it a sniff for nostalgia's sake.

Kiku
Kiku

To me this is a typical 80's perfume: the opening is sparkling and fruity, the middle an undistinguishable melange of flowers. The bottom is rather sharp. Nothing to make it memorable.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I had a roommate that wore this . She used too much and I think it was meant to be used more sparingly. It was a real 80s perfume and was strong and powerful. Women liked perfume that rocked your world back then. It was a pretty good one if used with a light hand. I don't think it would sell now though, too eighties.

Babe by Faberge 4.19 out of 5 based on 73 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Faberge Babe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Faberge Babe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Babe by Faberge. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Babe by Faberge represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.