Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Woodhue Faberge for women

Woodhue Faberge for women
dislike

Woodhue perfume was launched in 1944 and was extremely popular 50-ies. It opens with the notes of orange, bergamot and citrus. The heart is composed of jasmine, laid on a base of sandalwood, vanilla, cedar and musk.

Bergamot Citruses Orange

Jasmine

Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Vanille

Hope

Woodhue Fragrance Reviews

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

Actually, there was a Woodhue for men fragrance as well, maybe that's what Dean Martin wore. I'm not sure there was a lot of difference between the two. I'll have to hunt up the set I had and see how the male version smells.

ranchorita
ranchorita

According to his daughter Deana, American crooner Dean Martin exclusively wore Woodhue as his fragrance all his adult life. He certainly had style oozing from his pores, so if one man could make this work, it would have been him. I would love to get a whiff of this!

sweetrosagail
sweetrosagail

Soft and feminine. Reminds me so much of my Mother. She used to get it with S & H Greenstamps.

stormyla
stormyla

This was one of my mother's daily fragrance choices. I admit to helping myself to "splashes" of it fairly frequently. This was my first experience with "woody" scents. I think that this was the best of the Faberge scents at the time. I recently found a small bottle of the vintage scent. So far I haven't worn it, only sniffed it from the bottle. It smells just as good as it did 50 years ago!

saphire51
saphire51

I wore this, Aquarius, Tigress and Seven Winds most of the time as a teenager! I wish they would bring these scents back!

lulu7898
lulu7898

Creamy, powdery and woodsy. It is such a comforting and exciting smell! I fell in love all over again.

faehls@aol.com
faehls@aol.com

A long time ago I used nothing but Fabrage Woodhue Spray Cologne. I loved it and was so disappointed when they discontinued it. I looked all over for it. A friend told me of this website and I am glad I have found it again. When I was single, it drew men to me. That is how I got my husband. He fell in love with my scent.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

My mother had a bottle of this, I had forgotten all about it. I saw a picture of the bottle and the memory was piercing! I remember holding it and stroking the smooth wood cap. It seemed to smell so grown up and beautiful, it held promises for my future. And I still love wood scents!

Orange blossom vintage? Definitely has a vintage feel. Takes me to childhood where I first smelled this and it seemed so adult. Classic construction, very 'golden' in the way the wood, musk and flowers combine. Quite nice, but almost black tie to me. Definitely of its time, but elegantly so. Not dated.

StarMagix
StarMagix

My bottles are all empty now but once in a while I will bring them out just to see if I can catch a smell of this wonderful scent. I use to love this one so much when I was a teenager and I would still wear it if I could find a good bottle. So many of the vintage fragrances have lost that fresh fragrant smell to me though. I do wish they would remake these scents using the same strength as they did in the beginning.

I was able to find a bottle of the vintage, men's version (though I've read that it's exactly the same as the women's). Anyway, as JB78 says, it's sweet, powdery, and dense at first, drying down to a non-synthetic sandalwood with a hint of amber and something animalic.

UPDATE: I now have a new version too. It seems like it's weaker than the original, though not that much different. It's not as powdery or as dense as the original, especially in the opening. I'm not sure if it would still be worth buying, so I'll have to give it a full wearing at some point and then update again.

The reformulated version of this is available at Vermont Country Store for $40.00.

Kiku
Kiku

The first fragrance I ever fell in love with. So different from the polite, girly, flowery fragrances of the mid-60's but less naughty than that "bad girl" fragrance, Tigress. The opening of citrus packed a punch. Then it dried down to a soft, powdery vanilla/ spice/snadalwood. And I loved the block-of-wood cap!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Oh, I used to love this scent so much! I loved all the Fabrege lines of perfumes. Where or where have they gone? This and Tigress were always my favorites! This was a nice woodsy sweet smell alot like Audace was.

Woodhue by Faberge 4.38 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Faberge Woodhue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Faberge Woodhue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Woodhue by Faberge. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Woodhue by Faberge represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.