Designers » F-H » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Faconnable Faconnable for men

Faconnable Faconnable for men
dislike

Faconnable Faconnable for men Pictures Faconnable Faconnable for men Pictures Faconnable Faconnable for men Pictures Faconnable Faconnable for men Pictures

Faconnable by Faconnable is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Faconnable was launched in 1994. Top notes are orange blossom, mint and mandarin orange; middle notes are jasmine, rose and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, amber and musk.

Orange Blossom Mint Mandarin Orange

Jasmine Rose Geranium

Sandalwood Amber Musk

Faconnable Fragrance Reviews

krmarich
krmarich

I miraculously found an original formula bottle. It somewhat wrong to call something that is only 20 years old a "vintage", yet it has been cheaply reformulated. What a shame for Faconnable. This had everything going for it. Including a bold sillage and very romantic heart. It is summer in a bottle!

I would call this more of a floral chypre as it is quite green with oakmoss, patchouli and vetiver(in that order, not listed) holding the entire composition in place with a truly "French style"! All of the other notes are obvious as well add lot of lily of the valley at the heart, especially the real sandalwood that the reformulation lacks. I get a little cedar at the sturdy foundation. There is a blast of lavender in the beginning that gives you a clean fresh feeling all day in the heat. It can be easily worn by a woman.

Its is easy to associate this with Provence, sitting in a café in Marseilles with a glass of Pastis and someone you love. This bottle is symbolic of that image. Sadly, the current formula on the market is fit for a rubber room in a strait jacket.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It goes on pleasantly citrusy but then takes a wrong turn down a chemical back alley and smells really synthetic.

lilew
lilew

Purchased this on eBay thinking it was a woman's fragrance. Received it and fell in love at first spray. Sexy

Ale
Ale

I blind bought this stuff, based on the rewiews below. I'm very disappointed. A blast of synthetic mint,sorry but it isn't for me.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A gorgeous scent. A lovely blend of mint and sandalwood with floral and citrus notes. Starts as a fresh minty cologne. The dry down is more woody but stays fresh and just the right amount of mint. The silage is woody/floral and fresh and it really is lovely. The whole composition is classy and well blended. Longevity and projection are very good. A high quality and really pleasant fragrance that is pretty unique! The dry-down is one of THE best I have ever experienced.

Niven
Niven

Amazing fragrance. Tested it at the Nordstrom in Seattle, and I was blown away. The mint jasmine rose combination is impeccable. The only thing I have smelled similar to this in my limited experience is Anucci Anucci for men, which is a jasmine floral fragrance. But this is less harsh than Anucci, and the mint note makes this delicious. Has a slight barbershop feel, but not much in my view. I took home 6 samples from nordstrom including terre d'hermes, vince camuto for men, Tom ford noir, gendarme for men, and John varvatos vintage, and this definitely stands out. Has some uniqueness compared to most generic designer brands because it goes back to 90s. Not much versatility other than summer and spring outdoor day wear along with occasional office wear, but this is classy and mature. Another floral that comes to mind is kiton for men which I love, but this may trump kiton too.

LANIER
LANIER

Grace Kelly and Cary Grant casually tearing along in a sporty convertible along the cliffs above Cannes in “To Catch A Thief”. One lovely gloved hand of Miss Kelly lightly caressing the steering wheel at sixty miles an hour; is there anything more alluring or jam packed with high voltage glamour and seduction? This is the epitome of what we think of as classic French Rivera high octane sophisticated élan. The lifestyle of the rich and famous before Robin Leach leached the soul out of it.

There still remains an inkling of this lost allure within the elegantly crafted bottle of Faconnable for Men. One spray of this elixir of masculine elegance and you are transported to the south of France. It is twilight cocktails on the terrace of the Casino at Monte Carlo in a white Tux, a swim out to the float of the beach of the Carleton Hotel. It is the grand staircase and red carpet of the Cannes Film Festival. It is serious as a high stakes game of Baccarat and as much fun as fireworks after midnight with a barefoot bejewled movie star at your side.

It opens bright and arrestingly with its well chosen top notes of mint, orange blossom and mandarin orange that does give it a smell of a well made martini. That dissipates quickly into a lush intoxicating Mediterranean garden of jasmine geranium and rose. Toward the end of the middle Sandalwood announces the dry down followed shortly by rich amber and an ethereal musk that whirl seductively around the sandalwood in a smoky slinky dance. It lasted all night on my skin and I awoke The next morning with traces of the dry down still in evidence.

Now listen boys, this one is for grown ups! Faconnable for Men is too subtle and complex for simpler younger tastes unless you are a young man who really wants to stand apart as original, daring and smart. In that case welcome to the world of men of confidence, wit, grace and disarming charm.

5 Platinum stars *****

stinkerweed
stinkerweed

This is certainly a flora/fruit fragrance. Long lasting. Loyal - doesn't become something different as the day wears on. Not meaning to insult the fragrance, but it reminds me of the old Brut cologne by Faberge, although Faconnable has a richer base and more elegant presence. I was hoping the sandalwood would show up a little stronger, but it seems to be hiding in the shadows.

tomerits
tomerits

i love this one,one of my all time spring/summer fav but can be worn any time of the year, very unique and amazing scent that screams class.
very good longevity.
my rank 4.5/5.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

A compellingly fresh "fresh" fougere, Facconable hits the skin with a nice blend of sweet orange and floral notes. The sweetness factor intensifies after five minutes, and the jasmine, rose, ambergris, and sandalwood never truly separate or step forward. This heart phase smells a lot like nutmeg to me, although it's not exactly a spicy texture. I'm not sure why, but something about it reminds me of Himalaya by Creed. The amber is very soft, friendly, and saccharine. This isn't bad on a budget. It's very '90s, very fresh and sugary, and I'm not one to wax nostalgic about the '90s, but this is amiable enough and brings back some good memories. Just use it sparingly - the orange blossom and jasmine are intense.

luktung
luktung

2 sprays and your in heaven!(Not more not less)
Infact this a hidden gem.

sofianec
sofianec

Ohh it's so 90s. But that's exactly what I love about it. It reminds me of the French Riviera in late summer/early fall. I actually picked it for the first time in Marseille in 1995 and back then it was super trendy. I was 18 and I was loving the fragrance.

I rediscovered it again a month ago and still quite satisfied even though apparently our noses change as time goes by (it just smells different to me now compared to 1995).

The scent is a bit linear (doesn't develop too much) but quite pleasant after it settles which is quite normal for a "cologne" type of fragrance such as this one. I always get people asking me what cologne I'm wearing. Can be used in all seasons. Safe for work and meetings. Subtle and fairly sophisticated.

The minty beginning is great and crisp maybe a bit strong but I love it. The citrus top is good but a bit bittery.

Floral notes are fairly well blended, pleasant and clean but confusing to distinguish anything specific (others perceive it much better than the person using it).

The musky end is very nice and comfortable however I cannot pick the sandalwood at all. Back in 1995 I could easily notice it - now I can't :-(

Sillage is great. Spraying on clothes however is not recommended - just doesn't sit well on clothing. Keep it on your skin.

It may not be a signature scent material but is quite versatile and pleasant. Very european, straight, masculine and serious, maybe even mature, zero powdery effects. It carries a strong 90s influence (that's before the "Metrosexual man confusion") and nowadays maybe more suitable for everyday, 30+, business, work use rather than evening out, dinner or weekends. I am also lucky it works beautifully on my skin. It's also quite inexpensive.

As far as the alleged similarities to Cool Water I personally find ZERO similarity. Two totally different scents and I'm not saying it as a bad thing - I love Cool Water just nothing similar here.

Good find.

Endymion
Endymion

It has nothing to do with Cool Water. Faconnable is a green, minty discreet fragrance for mature men, absolutely not Cool Water-ish.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

You can make a lot of assumptions about the appearance of this bottle. "Cheap and old school" would probably be one of them. Judging books by their covers has never proved anything.

Faconnable is smooth and enjoyable from application to dry-down. Floral mint, warm musk and wood shapes the perfect seasonally versatile scent.

spicebabe570
spicebabe570

i love this perfume..everytime i smell my husband it makes me go to bed with him. lol

iconoclast
iconoclast

Faconnable has the best sillage of any men's fragrance I know. Great amounts of mint supported by flowery notes make it smell quite perfumey. It is also largely linear, but who cares when it smells this good. One of my very favourites, which I particularly like to use for special occasions especially if I wear a suit (or) when good sillage is all important. IMO its elegance does not really make it suitable for bumming around in jeans & a t-shirt. Beautiful bottle BTW. IMAO this (along with Grey Flannel and perhaps Zino Davidoff) is how a men's flowery perfume should be done, and funnily enough it makes me feel very wealthy and refined when I wear it. Summary: Great and elegant.

BTW, in case you were wondering, Faconnable smells identical to its offshoot Internationable.

Savasana
Savasana

A wonderful minty beginning and then a perfect, fresh and smooth ride Great for warm summer days.

Faconnable by Faconnable 3.74 out of 5 based on 117 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Faconnable Faconnable fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Faconnable Faconnable, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Faconnable by Faconnable. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Faconnable by Faconnable represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.