Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

1709 Original Eau de Cologne Farina for women and men

1709 Original Eau de Cologne Farina for women and men
dislike

1709 Original Eau de Cologne Farina for women and men Pictures 1709 Original Eau de Cologne Farina for women and men Pictures

1709 Original Eau de Cologne by Farina is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. 1709 Original Eau de Cologne was launched during the 1709's. The nose behind this fragrance is Johann Maria Farina. The fragrance features orange, grapefruit, lemon, bergamot, citron, lime, floral notes and herbal notes.

Orange Grapefruit Lemon Bergamot Citron Lime Floral Notes Herbal Notes

1709 Original Eau de Cologne Fragrance Reviews

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

For a simple cologne this is made really well. The citrus really lasts a long time which isn't something you see all that often.
The scent is very strong in citron to me. It gives the scent an almost unnatural smell a tad bit like cleaner, but it doesn't cross over too heavily to cause me to dislike it. I like the addition of green notes, I think I would have preferred them to a be a bit sharper or more prominent. I'm not sure what the floral notes are in here, they are hard to pick out.
As someone else said this is a nice, refreshing, citrus floral.
I am impressed the scent has stuck around 300 years, but for me it doesn't wow. It "okays" in a quiet corner on my shelf.

youngbp
youngbp

Just got this, it reminds me of an orange marmalade scratch and sniff sticker I had when I was younger. Of course it is much more complex and earthy. A great classic citrus fresh scent that almost feels forgotten in time. It is masculine and versatile, and would make a great signature scent

Sissib7
Sissib7

This is the original Eau de Cologne. Timeless, grown up, classy, never boring - unless you find soapy citruses too much on th beaten path. On a par with Aqua di Parma and definitely on a completely different planet than the rather vile and screechy 4711 that gives me a migraine.

orestes
orestes

This original cologne are better than roger and gallet and 4711 colognes! much better! unchanged formula and in good price! this scent and acqua di parma are my top scents in my collection.

JensH
JensH

This is a really "fresh-up"-cologne. It has an incridible list of very famous customers as it is the oldest Parfum still available in the world, ranging from french and german kings and queens to princess Diana and president Bill Clinton.I also like it a lot. Is has a very nice fresh fragrance, but as it is a cologne, you really have to splash it on to have some longivity.

dinhhamy
dinhhamy

my uncle bought me the mini size of this cologne. Very nice and it makes me feel really comfortable

judyk
judyk

I wanted to sample the original Farina cologne and discovered in the process that there are two distinct varieties out there.

I've just side-by-side tested Roger & Gallet's "Extra Vieille" and the 1709 Original by Farina, Köln (Farina1709.com) - and they are very different.

Simply put, R+G is 4711 with extra citrus and a pinch of Nag Champa (to my nose at least - could be the clove), whereas the Original (current formula) is much more floral and green. I've always liked 4711, so naturally I like R+G's take on the classic eau de cologne, but the Original is much more elegant and subtle.

malia
malia

Thank you, Fragrantica, for adding this perfume to your database. (my request)
It's an honor to be a first one to review this historical and very special perfume.

I have always thought that 4711 was the real old original eau de cologne. How wrong i was.
Almost 100 years earlier, in 1709, the italian parfumer Farina came to Koln and created there his wonderful perfume, which reminded him of a beautiful Italian fresh morning..
It's excactly how it smells.
I've been to the museum/shop of Farina Maison in Koln, Germany. It's the oldest perfume museum in the world!! When you buy a perfume bottle you also get a pretty list of all rich and famous clients of this perfume. Well, 300 years of royal clients.. Napoleon Bonaparte used to pour a bottle a day (!!) over his body, even kept a bottle in his boot!!
Amazing!!
The formule is still unchanged and kept in secret through more than 300 years!!!
I hope they will add my name to that famous list of clients someday haha!!!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Farina 1709 Original Eau de Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Farina 1709 Original Eau de Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1709 Original Eau de Cologne by Farina. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1709 Original Eau de Cologne by Farina represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Serge Lutens Chergui Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Hermes Eau des Merveilles Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Serge Lutens Gris Clair Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Frederic Malle Carnal Flower Guerlain Shalimar Jil Sander Jil Sander No 4 Serge Lutens Clair de Musc Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Boucheron Boucheron Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Sycomore L`Artisan Parfumeur Seville a l`Aube Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Original Eau de Cologne L`Erbolario Dolcelisir Pierre Balmain Vent Vert Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Chanel Chanel No 19 Eau de Parfum