Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

almond
nutty
caramel

Cara is a sophisticated gourmand fragrance that tempts and seduces you with its outstanding notes of amber, caramel, almond, vanilla and talc.

Available as 100 ml EDP.

Vanilla Sugar

Almond Caramel

Powdery Notes Amber

Cara Fragrance Reviews

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

The top notes of vanilla and sugar combine with the almond and caramel heart right off the bat. I can smell warm, powdery, buttery almonds. The almond almost gets a bit plasticky, I can understand the play doh comparisons somewhat, but it doesn't cross over too far into the territory to disgust me or anything.
The dry down is certainly the part worth waiting for as others have mentioned. The powder note that comes out nice and clear turns the whole fragrance to a cooler & crisper almond candy kind of scent. I thought of white jordan almonds, lovely!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Beautiful opening of dense and natural vanilla, really simple and genuine, with a light and lively floral heart (which globally gets this close to galaxolide, but still more vibrant and cute, less sweet and above all, less synthetic). Bright green feel, which then becomes more crunchy and pungent before gently fading away. Even a slight medicinal/alcoholic feel. Soft and mellow, and again really delicate, basenotes comprising white musks and amber. Then, a really nice salty (not iodine) note emerges, and the scent slowly turns into some more natural version of Odeur 53: a delicate and really pleasant smell of "clean skin", with kind of a beach vibe – again, not in the "iodine" meaning, more the smell your skin gets while you're under the sun, that salty but "scented" feel (as you've probably put on some tanning cream hours before). Really light, simple and dry. Must say I am usually not a fan of this type of scents, but this is really nice and well made, it is really minimal, pale, graceful and delicate, with an unpredictable evolution and an overall good quality of both materials and composition, as far as I can smell. Also, projection and sillage are more solid than you may think – it's delicate, but it's there and you feel it. Pretty and refined!

7,5/10

milkyway
milkyway

this is a lovely not too gourmand gourmand with predominant almond. Starts out a bit harshly, as noted by many, but dries down to a delicious warm rice pudding type of smell...only using almond milk instead of the real thing =)

Carnelian
Carnelian

I really had to wait on the drydown with this one, it was hard to tell what it was going to become. First on, I actually got a hint of anise and almond, After a good hour, though, it smelled to me like almond pastels, the kind you can get at Easter - almonds in the middle, with a crunchy pastel colored shell covering. Jordan almonds, I think. Yummy. A bit artificial smelling, but I like it. It ends up smelling a lot like Yves Rocher's Vanille to me, not a rich, warm vanilla, but yes, candy, confectioner's sugar with almond extract. More gourmand to me than oriental vanilla. Would be fun to wear on Easter Sunday. If that's your thing, I can recommend this frag - but you might find similar with a lower pricetag. It lasted a looong time on me, well into the next day, which I have found to be the case with the other frags I've tried from this perfume house, so that's definitely a plus.

lalaps
lalaps

Started out exactly like play-doh. It was really uncanny. However, it soon dried down to raw, vanilla cookie dough. Meh.

PM if you want my sample.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Cara is pretty scent with a very nice drydown. The fragrance opens with an almond heavy topnote, a bit like almond nougat. This is soon complemented by caramel, vanilla and especially the amber in the basenotes. I smell a bit of heliotrope in there as well. Cara remains as a skin scent for hours.

The amber grounds the scent and keeps it from being all powder, but it does remind me a lot of the powdery sweet scent of confectioners sugar and warm marshmallows as Dittnergirl so aptly stated. It's almond nougat and vanilla custard with confectioners sugar sprinkled on top. Bon appetit!

antfarm
antfarm

Play-dough. Exactly like play-dough. It made me smile and reminded me of the "Fun Factory" I had as a child where you could put the yellow playdough into the machine that would crank it out into little strings to make pretend spaghetti.

Very nostalgic, but I wouldn't want to smell like it all day. And well, it doesn't last beyond a half hour, so I guess I wouldn't have to worry about that.

fpih
fpih

A more delicious perfume I have never tasted smelled before! It's a surprisingly light gourmand with a prominent almond note, sweet but eerie, not heavy or suropy like Louve.

Unfortunately, this eerie quality is the reason why this may not be FB worthy: Fades way too soon and is only detectable when I put my wrist under my nose. If this was a splash/body water, I'd buy it in a second, because it's a scent to envelop one's shelf in; as it is, I love it but I don't think I'm willing to pay the heavy price required for a FB. Still, it's so yummy, I might change my mind. Decisions, decisions....

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

This scent is absolutely delectable. First blast is raw, powdery almond. Then, the dry down...perfectly toasted marshmallows. Think s'mores - hot marshmallows, milk chocolate and warm graham crackers. Sugared almonds. No spices. No smokiness or incense. Just pure, warm sugary sweetness done masterfully. It was still detectable 8 hours later - and not just a boring left-over vanilla, but a sweet lingering caramel. If you're looking for something soft, creamy and sweet, this is it. Positively delicious.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This is so delectably sweet right at the start. And yes - smells like I'm holding a giant fresh soft dusty marshmallow in my hands. Wow, very foody! Then not minutes later it's a candy almond - no it's crushed candy almond powder settled at the bottom of the box. At this point it is staying very close to the skin. It manages to be very delicate for such sweetness, not sticky or nagging, but perhaps too light. It finally ends on a soft light golden caramel note. It is just a simple sweetness, and to me the almond smells nutty and authentic. I'm not getting any plastic at all. The sillage is very shy. The lasting power is also not the best. I'd love some more power here.

lucyredshoes
lucyredshoes

I detected a plastic-like note immediately. It’s the same note in Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum (more complex) and Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum (more tolerable) that is supposed to resemble an almond cookie vanilla scent but always expresses itself as plastic on me. Extremely light but immediately unpleasant. Overall the fragrance has a strange and unnatural vibe. It reminds me of baking a store-bought item in the oven and upon detecting a strange odor emanating from the kitchen you realize that you had forgotten to remove a wrapper from the package before insertion.

Kchild
Kchild

I have to admit~I have an almond fetish. It's w/out a doubt one of my favorite notes. Cara is on my short list in this catagory.

It's literally taken me years to realize her unique, quirky beauty. First off~a sample doesn't do her justice and that's what I'd been dabbling with for years. A dab here, a dab there, I liked it but I also liked many others and she just didn't stand out. Finally I traded for a decant and everything changed. She needs to be sprayed~it's just that simple.Be careful how much you do spray though~it doesn't take much.

She starts out w/an almost painful almond bite. She smells a bit like it feels when you have an itch and scratch it to the point of bleeding. It feels so good and yet it still hurts a little bit. That's how the initial burst of Cara feels to my nose. Part of the reason for this is the interplay between the almond and amber. They come out in tandem like a jagged point.

It doesn't take long for Cara to soften out all of her sharp sugary edges though and become a beautiful cloud of soft almond meringue. She feels very light and full of fluffy sweetened air. Irresistably delicious and she crosses from season to season like a champ. She's a perfect frothy treat for a summer night or the promise of a cuddle by the campfire.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

I perceive this fragrance as being quite synthetic, white vanilla, plastic, and an odd unpleasant note I have a hard time describing, like an overripe pineapple. Interesting. Nice silage, reasonable longevity.

Galya
Galya

it's so sweeeet naturaly,without any syntetic note,it's so nice ,tendre,delicious as dream.And so strong ,some few drops are enough for a lot of hours,incredible.I like very much this italian house of perfumes natural.

floof
floof

The initial scent is a little playdoughy, but almond sometimes smells like that to me. After that its an airy marshmallow scent that is liked by most everyone. If you want something sweet, light and airy, this is a good one to sample! I also own serendipitous and do not think they smell even remotely similar- it may be chemistry but serendipitous is pure tootsie roll! I do agree that its a fluffy marshmallow though. :)

CaraMaria
CaraMaria

Fluffy, marshmallow, vanilla treat. This is not heavy but you will catch whiffs of it as you move about your day. If you are familiar with SERENDIPITOUS - it is quite like that in the marshmallow, vanilla cloud-like sweetness. SERENDIPITOUS has the chocolate/orange note where CARA would be the marshmallow puff, vanilla cloud. I have a place for both scents in my wardrobe. The sweet sugar part in both scents is more like that powdered sugar puff that you experience when first opening a bag of marshmallows!

Cara by Farmacia SS. Annunziata 4.14 out of 5 based on 69 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Farmacia SS. Annunziata Cara fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Farmacia SS. Annunziata Cara, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cara by Farmacia SS. Annunziata. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cara by Farmacia SS. Annunziata represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.