Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Fendi Fendi for women

Fendi Fendi for women
dislike

I have it: 424 I had it: 478 I want it: 248 My signature: 36

Fendi Fendi for women Pictures Fendi Fendi for women Pictures Fendi Fendi for women Pictures

The first perfume for women by Fendi is a chypre floral fragrance with woody and spicy notes. Ideal harmony is created of intoxicating flowers, fresh spices, soothing woody notes and gentle musk. The base notes are: ylang-ylang, rose, jasmine, iris, carnation, nutmeg, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, cedar, amber, oak moss and musk. Fendi was launched in 1985.

Aldehydes Coriander Mandarin Orange Bergamot Brazilian Rosewood Cardamom Lemon

Carnation Cypress Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Geranium

Spices Leather Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Vanilla Cedar

Diva

Fendi Fragrance Reviews

MadeiraD

My grandmother always wore this and I love it deeply. I'd love to get my hands on a bottle.

Ilprofumo
Ilprofumo

My perfume in the 80's. Very very classy and formal. I don't see it anywhere except specialty perfume shops and they are vintage bottles. Is this perfume still made and if yes, where is it available for purchase? Love it.

steve68
steve68

I'm using this fragrance from 1986, it' my parfume, I love it!!
It's like a medicine if I feel a little down I smell it and I feel immediately better, aromatherapy for my mind and body!!!

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

My mum also had a bottle of Fendi, around 1990 or so. And at that time I hated it deeply. I think she used it as an air freshener (yes...), and the dark, heavy, woody scent would fill the whole house within seconds. There was nowhere to hide, and I remember shouting at her to get rid of that HORRIBLE perfume!!!

In the end, I think she did. Or at least, it just disappeared. And needless to say, I now regret bitterly that I didn't just lock it up somewhere safe all those years ago, until I was ready for it... Because now, I know its value. I'm not sure if I deserve it, but I hope that one day I will find it again.

(Oh by the way; I know that nothing else is the same, but I do find something similar to Fendi in Pour une femme de Caron - even if the notes look completely different)

guachipiruli
guachipiruli

This perfume smells like when you take a sable coat in your arms and a very elegant lady has worn it leaving an incredibly classy sillage on the silky fur. Though outdated in my eyes, a very feminine and nice fragrance.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I was privileged enough to sniff this masterpiece finally and all I can say is WOW! Fendi Donna is truly in a class of its own! I do not think I have ever smelled anything quite like this.. Strong, potent, mature, classic, sultry, animalic, chypre floral full of leather, spices, and woods! Out of this world sexy! Fendi is definately a masterpiece, and I hope to get to know it better!

susiebashse.
susiebashse.

Oh fendi fendi fendi...je ne regrette rien...except the loss of you, my love. I have been looking for another scent that comforts my soul as you do but to no avail. My lovely hubby got me a wee 25 ml EDP for my birthday though. I am making you last, too scared to contemplate life without you again.

Please can anyone suggest an affordable alternative and don't say Diva cos it's just not true. Nice but dim.

Roselorien
Roselorien

I found this in walmart in the early 2000's for under 20 bucks and thought it must be a pricing mistake. Surely not for the brand name Fendi? The box was so beautiful that I bought it without even testing it. Well, I really like this fragrance in some ways, I just don't think it is very feminine, nor very human for that matter. It's too incense-y, more like something I'd like to smell a very soft whiff of while meditating or visiting a temple-or perhaps a gypsy doing a tarot card reading. Why I don't go wild for fendi: it's missing "something", I guess something a tad sweeter or more complex to balance it and make it appropriate for perfume. It smells like a gay man's after shave. Not quite feminine, not quite masculine, and not unisex either. I once used sprayed it all over my closet because it doesn't smell like your typical deodorizer. It lingered for a few weeks. It is a summer night or autumn fragrance to me.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I was about to spend a fortune on a vintage bottle of this. Thank god a gave it another try. I asked my daughter to smell it she said it smelled like Coco Chanel, her favorite. That's what I thought but had her confirm it for me.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

The Fendi lovers are fierce and protective of this scent so I will not be expecting any balloons on this one *smiles* -

I received my vintage edp today. It's the real juice I remember, leather, spice, and all.. and I am so disappointed. It is reminiscent of Diva, which in comparison I prefer between the two; more femmy. As a lover of strong, spicy orientals and chypres, I do not like Fendi anymore and wonder if I ever actually did when it was so chic during my clubbing years. I find it entirely too masculine as my preference is rich, sultry, ultra femme scents. Fendi has too much of a masculine vibe for my taste and I wonder if much of the appeal is in the Fendi name itself or clubbing memories. I wonder if this scent would have such fame if it were the very same juice marked "Avon" or any other less reputable, non-designer name. The notes are a lot of things I like and miss compared to modern-day trendy scents but I cannot find it pretty or sexy or sensuous or much anything at all except raucous parties. It is the smell of 80's rock; no symphony here, a cacophony of everything from the hardest metal rock to monster ballads, sweet 80's pop and the end of disco, an era I remember and love even now, but not the feel and scent I choose to wear on my body. I am let down and sorry for the price I paid.

Fendi Fendi might smell good on a man if I liked perfumed men in tight, black leather pants. I didn't then and certainly do not now... (well, there may be an exception or two *wink*) but this is not for me. It smells to me as if every cologne and perfume worn by each person in the club was poured into a large vat, a local hair-band rock musician dived in, emerged dripping with the club cheering and Fendi was born. I'm going for the kill. It stinks. My son loves it for himself so I will give it to him with a smile of understanding, passing to him what I proudly realize as an iconic torch of my youth and he will probably smell like no male his age and no doubt .... drive his girlfriends wild. :)

I was so excited to whiff this again. Maybe it simply brought back some sad, strange, bad, repressed or drunken hazy memory from a time best left there.

piggyluv
piggyluv

To me Fendi is the sexy, spicy, sister to Chanel no.5; she is the sister that 'puts out' and gets a fur coat and a good leather purse for her efforts. Best use of aldehydes, ever. I have 100ml that I guard jealously, and thank god that one spritz goes a long, long way.

futurehelen
futurehelen

Fendi is a melancholy creature.

Ever had a bad break up? Never talk to the person again? Then you see them after many years and life hasn’t been kind. Something’s gone terribly wrong with their lives.

Could have started with you. Could have started with the underaged twins. Could be the missing ear that turned up in their fridge. Could be living in a basement room while trying to finish that never ending American novel. Could be blow.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure my exes think of me as pretty tragic. So, if I were me, tut tutting my fate ten years later, I’d be Fendi. And I’d cast you a hollow look. You, you were my heroin. You were my downfall. And all I have now is a scrap of your leather jacket and a black eye.

If I had feathers, I’d be wet. If I had fur, it would be sparse and matted. And if I had toes, they’d look like ballerina toes.

Fendi. What a tear jerker. And there's something eminently sniffable about the ruin of someone you loved once.

Ahhh Fendi, my long time best friend of 25+ years who used to be just Fendi "from the block" and now you are fragrance royalty...

Long gone are the days of seeing you show cased at Walgreens for 29.99 during Christmas! Those were the days... Now you are vintage couture collectable with an extra zero on the end. Good for you my dear friend. Your artistry is worth every penny. Shame on the short sighted ninnies at Fendi Corp. for not respecting your staying power and keeping you in production.

You are the best of the best of best and you will have my loyalty for another 30 years God willing. Fellow EBay's please keep selling it as you find it so those of us that love her can continue to enjoy her company.

(and all of you buying empty bottles to fill and sell on ebay with fake Fendi, here is my wish for you...

may every fragrance you personally put on smell like cat piss; may your boyfriend only taste stale onions when he tastes you and may Paypal ban you for life! (Seriously on the last part!)

DJPINA1
DJPINA1

I received the edt in the mail today that I purchased online. As soon as I gave one small spray, a flood of memories came back. I am lost in the scent. Like a drug. Oh I just sniff my hand and dream. I have a fondness for many scents and a large collection of eau de Parfum. But my love is FENDI. I Fear that we will never see you again an if we do you will never be the same.

@Eurochic:

It had a dense, suedelike leather in the '80s/early '90s. It literally smelled like a mink coat. Later iterations seem to be missing the leather and amped up the spices.

Eurochic
Eurochic

I bought a vintage miniature of this hoping to find some gorgeous leather. Sadly, I didn't get any leather at all in this perfume. I envy all those reviewers who can smell the leather.
On me Fendi is a classic floral from the good old 80's with the carnation being most noticeable. It's spicy, with some sweet and some sour (could be the cedar, it often does that to me) and just a touch of soapiness from the aldehydes, not overdone. This perfume is a classic in every way, very well balanced.
I enjoy my perfumes a little drier, woodier and more animalic than this, but all in all Fendi is a beautiful scent, it's just not "me".

Debra1
Debra1

Fendi is the Itillian Version of the Frech Classic Orientials, I Love So Much. The Only Difference is it's a Sweet as well as Spicey too. Fendi is a pricy perfume so there was not initial shock, of it not smelling wonderful from the get go like less expensive orientials that you have to wait till it meshes with your body chemestry, till you begin to love it. Most French Orientials although they smell wonderful their missing the sweet notes. Fendi's the best to two worlds it's just musky, warm, rich, and spicy, inticing, sultry and aso sweet too. What's Not To Love About It? I Wish I Could Afford It.

tstarshine
tstarshine

Please Fendi. Bring this back!

Militza

Dear Nicknat, I know your pain and passion. I too have been looking for some sort of substitute, but nothing matches that balance that was perfection. Fendi will be hard to replace,and if anyone ever does manage to pull that off, I will be impressed if it is a close impression. In this winter freeze, I came home to Mexican, cinnamon hot chocolate and put a ham in the oven with mustard, onion, garlic and brown sugar glaze with gingersnap cookie crumbs. It is these winter medleys of smells and smoke that make us appreciate the season. Yet,in spite of such wonderful smells from the kitchen, my evening landscape is lost to that memory of the 13th hour of Fendi that I used to enjoy at the end of the day. Sandalwood, amber and leather would sit still on my skin as I settled in for the night. But now, I can't find that symphony of senses I used to know with Fendi in the winter. Good luck, and let us all know if you find something.

Nicknat24
Nicknat24

I was lucky enough to score a 1/2 full bottle online recently and it is every bit as wonderful as I remember. I wore this in the early 90's...in my younger, wilder days! It is everything that most of my other perfumes of today are not...loud, unmistakable, intense and heady. Spicy, woody with a dry down reminiscent of well worn leather and a hint of smoke. I suppose if you don't have a strong emotional attachment to this or have never worn it, you can skip the high price tag on this discontinued fragrance and find something comparable that is just as unique and fantastic to you (more for me, insert evil laugh).

I would be interested to know if anyone has found a contemporary substitute!

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

I'm going from memory on this one. I bought this when it came out in the 1980s, because I went to see a play in NYC (I grew up about 50 miles and a train ride away) with a friend (the name of the play escapes me) and in the playbill there was an interview with Phylicia Rashad (famous for The Cosby Show) and she mentioned this perfume as one she liked to wear. I bought Fendi because of Phylicia Rashad. It was the most intense, crazy-smoky-sexy-spicy-heavy thing I think I've ever encountered. Very 1980s. Back then I had a #1 fragrance that I wore almost all the time, but I enjoyed having the Fendi for the occasional day in which I wanted to shake things up. Seriously, every single time I wore this, men would compliment me and ask me what I was wearing. Even at home visiting family, my brother and my Dad would tell me I smelled good! It never failed. It was nice to have strange men stop whatever they were doing and tell me I smelled good! I also noticed that Fendi smelled this way on others, too. You can tell who in the room is wearing Fendi! I've complimented other women who were wearing this, as well. My bottle is long gone and I never replaced it. I'm assuming that Fendi in all of its original glory is a thing of the past. I have a wonderful memory of it, and I'm happy with that.

Soie
Soie

A fragrance which opens with redolent notes of rich leather, freshly ground spices, spicy carnation and warm patchouli. An array of florals help to sweeten and add lift to the fragrance. Forest notes hide behind but then mostly overtake this mild sweetness. It is at this point that Fendi mostly becomes patchouli blended with tingly but more subdued spices, and woodsy forest notes.

Fendi is very much a sophisticated fragrance, and I am wearing it now for the first time in a long while. Back when I first received it as a gift, about 15 years ago, I was a heavy smoker, and though I liked it then, I love it now.

MadeiraD

My grandmother used to wear his, it's heavenly and I love it.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Another cult classic that must be tried in all types of weather, but certainly the colder weather brings out the best of it. There is such an intermingling of sweet and sour spices for me with this perfume. As the weather cools, it seems to be working better and better on my skin.
The last time I tried Fendi, the weather was cold outside, near freezing. Now it began working its magic for me. I began imaging a cauldron boiling somewhere deep in the woods, in a squat mythical house, one built of boards slapped together, with a chimney spewing forth smoke. The house had small flattened stones leading to it, as if a prepared walkway had been readied. It was surrounded by gnarled, overgrown trees, mosses of all kinds, moist lichen growing at the bases. The air is damp and cool. Looking at this house, one wonders at the occupants. Inside, a cauldron is boiling a mix of spices. Heavy spices you can't help but inhale as they assault you when you walk in the open door. It's a paradox of evil and good in that cauldron and you know this. You knew that when you walked into the little house. One moment you're in a cool clean damp environment in the forest, the next you're hit with these spicy, heavy odors that frankly, make one wonder what's in the pot. They make you swoon. And you wonder who is in charge of this cauldron.
Spices, leather, patchouli and mosses all take charge together in this perfume to make you see another side of yourself. This is a scent for languishing in oneself, for being assertive, knowing who you are and enjoying that person. It is a strong perfume that should come with a hang tag reading "Heavily Spiced and Intoxicating, Buyer Beware".

Liquid mink coat.

It should never come back without a ton of moss - it wouldn't work without it. The moss is the "fur."

mariafromcali@hotmail.com
mariafromcali@hotmail.com

My all time favorite, any time and any where...there is no substitute! The best there is, BRING IT BACK!

supernal light
supernal light

I love this. Very warm and spicy yet fresh and uplifting - not heavy, quite airy and a bit sherbety. Lovely.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

Awful on me I guess the cloves made it smell of a licorice smell which made me sick too my stomach too spicy for me I guess! Very strong which I did love. Todays perfumes all smell of candy and berries and too fruity I prefer perfumes from the 70's 80's and early 90's! I like a few from today but not many! And I guess I like perfumes from the 20's too like Arpege that is a lovely scent! Chanel #5 i also like! But Fendi smells bad!

sharyssa
sharyssa

I was given a bottle of this years ago I was probably a pre teen then and all I remember is it is very strong and stinky I see red doors bottle looks very similar lol but I wouldnt even want a sniff of this for old times sake let sleeping dogs lie...

boruvka44
boruvka44

EDT: Cardamom, coriander and cloves, spices well blended together, it´s hard to recognise each kind. Then there is a lot of patchouli; rose flowers and wood, carnation, sandalwood. And a trail of suede, the chamoise leather shade, that this perfume evokes with its delicacy.

Iris_it
Iris_it

Dark , elegant , mysterious ,intense ... this is sultry silk velvet in the shade of deep Siena Earth . I was not a not a big fan of leather note in the past ( now I love it ) but there are always exceptions when it comes to complex masterpieces .

I'm a fan of THIS old Fendi . There is an amazing equilibrium in this blend in my opinion : it is not floral , not dry , not sweet , not bitter ...
Legendary dancer and spy of the first world war Mata Hari's perfume , maybe ?

But also very suitable for special men , so
Dear gentlemen , wear this if you want to seduce a special woman :-)

-------------

I am really astonished to read in a post below that Fendi can be related to Elie Saab Le Parfum as they could not be more different , in my humble opinion .

Jenge
Jenge

Fendi was my signature in high school....HIGH SCHOOL! Oh, the 80's! Our poor teachers, stuck in a classroom of heavy hitters like this, Giorgio Beverly Hills, Obsession, and Poison! I suppose we were trying to be sophisticated...

Looking at the notes, I really don't think I would like this now. Funny how people say this is for a mature lady, but tastes change, I guess. I would love to try it again and see!

benpaul12

Sorry, but Fendi is nothing like the sickly sweet Elie Saab. "Although not as leathery,spicy, or as intense" sums up how different they are perfectly...

lilj
lilj

Big hair, big shoulder pads, BIG fragrance! Sexy, spicy, dramatic and loud. Easy on the trigger, lest some refer to it as "Offendi". Dallas, Dynasty, 20 Minute Workout in full glamour makeup - this is everything OTT eighties, in a deceptively boring bottle.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Wow, is this ever strong. Spices, leather, patchouli... oh and why not carnation. Let's put all the heavy hitters in this one and make them the STRONGER elements. My poor nose. But somehow, I cannot stop sniffing it, although it hurts my brain. Do I like pain? And I thought my La Perla was strong stuff. Not anymore.... it's a body mist compare to this one!

Leather and spices together are not without reminding me of a "cooked meat" note or a stew, but not in a bad way. I wouldn't be surprised if there was thyme or marjoram in this. This is an extremely intense statement perfume, the kind that are rarely smelled on people nowadays. But you know what? I remember very well smelling this on people as a child. Oh yeah. With strong perfumes come strong olfactive memories. And we sure love those, don't we? I remember being a wee child and eating McNuggets with my Dad and smelling this. Maybe. haha I'm not too certain anymore... Maybe I'm just smelling BBQ sauce.

And just when I thought it was about to settle down and soften, I'm hit by two other statement notes; oak moss and ylang ylang. It's getting chyprier by the minute and the strange and fun meat note (BBQ sauce?) is almost gone, but still there.

this scent becomes more "2013 wearable" once the heart notes (flowers) start to sing and the tonka bean warms the whole. NOT for the faint of heart!! A heavy potion for a heavy metal/punk woman/man (although a very posh brand name). A monument of a scent that can hardly ever be forgotten once experienced. The musky addition is so very mid 80s!

GryfFendi
GryfFendi

A couple of these reviews are truly creative and enjoyable to read. I grieve the loss of Fendi and long to exert my fire and my boldness to the world again with her hot balm steaming off of my skin. I wore her when I was young (which was not long ago) and ready to take on the world.

Fellow lovers of F: share anything that is comparable, though we know there will only ever be one Fendi.

Fendi, come back with all your elements and blaze the earth into and of itself. Your base, your top, your bold are missed.

And perfume makers: take note of the notes in this and, please, create!

Those who did not wear her but loved her, you know very well that she can never be replaced.

Fendi is the metaphor all perfumes and most memorable of all lovers.

A nose that falls for Fendi is a special nose indeed. A neck that wears Fendy is an uncommon neck indeed. A longed for neck and an astute nose is an uncommon pair indeed.

Think moon-walking vampires and celestial hags (Stevie-Nicks-with-a-kick would wear this!).

Fendi, in/deed, could change the world.

To discontinue Fendi is a sin of the worth kind: the kind of sin that only a fundamentalist puritan could committ. It's a perfume for witches. Witches and other witches.

It's a literary scent with a poetic aroma. Fendi by Fendi is the perfume of champions and their bold, witty, distant, and broad-minded allies.

Fendi lingers for miles and miles. Love her or hate her, you will not forget her. Those who try to forget Fendi are the most doomed to denial.

Fendi: Fendi goes down in the perfumery books as the feminist Marquis de Sade of all literary fragrances.

Oddity in the extreme, art in the artstream, passion in the passionscream.

The Fendi of all Fendis. The Perfume of all perfumes.

The Madwoman in the Attic AND, hopefully someday, in the Oval Office.

:)!!! Beware, the power os Fendi is already out there; it cannot be diluted or destroyed. What's done can't be undone.

But for the best result and the most alignment: someone bring Fendi back to herself.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is an AWESOME fragrance, and is one that I would put in the same category as Coco Chanel (the original formula). Warm, spicy, and definitely a fragrance that would be best worn on cold days... otherwise could be very over powering.

I see that they discontinued this fragrance, and that is truly a shame. Although I found it a bit too strong for my personal wear, I really admire this fragrance on other women. It is really a lovely classic!

I hope that they bring this back! It will really be missed!

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Gone too soon

My dearly beloveds, we are gathered here today to celebrate the life and the premature death of a work of art that is sorely missed. Fendi Fendi, according to databases, was first launched in 1985. I only met her just last year when my quest for vintage fragrances began to soar. At first sniff, my eyes watered. Fendi, for me, carries the feel of L' Heure Bleu but sways in the opposite direction. Where L'Heure Bleu is subtle and unobtrusive, Fendi is prominent with a hot chip on her shoulder.

An initial blast of spice leads to soft, aromatic florals.

Warm spices envelop the sweetest flowers. Ylang is captivating as it mingles with Jasmine and Patchouli making this a deep, rich and irresistible. If carefully applied, Fendi can be as soft as corn silk yet powerfully rich and deep enough to make your knees buckle. Woodsy notes and amber bring us to a dramatic finish that reeks luxury and sex appeal.

Fendi can be described as breathtaking and heartbreaking. There are no equals. None.

She and I don't have a long history together but I do cherish my new friend. Just as a departed loved one remains in our hearts forever, I am hoping that Fendi will remain in my collection forever.

tornesefrances
tornesefrances

I started using Fendi in the early 90's. I was searching for a perfume as close to the wonderful spicy scent of the original Bakir. I think I will always be searching for that. Fendi is lovely on me. I love its spicy, warm character. It isn't a perfume for the timid. It's no longer made, but I am fortunate. In 1993 a perfume outlet I used to frequent offered the EDP for a great price and WITH a purse size as a gift. I don't know why I did it, but I bought several large bottles. I put them in my fridge and now I am still enjoying Fendi AND I still have plenty. I wish I had done that with Bakir. I still have some of that, too, but only 3 bottles of perfume and 2 bottles of cologne all of which I consider as valuable as fine wine..

DrCherie
DrCherie

I adored Fendi as my one an only fragrance of choice because everywhere and every day I got compliments upon compliments for smelling so good!I was very disturbed that they stopped making it. Stupid if you ask me, to have a fragrance so celebrated end. I got no warning so when it stopped,I used up my last bottle & it ended. For those looking for it,& don't want to pay a fortune for it on Ebay, try the antique shops. I found a used 1.7 oz.bottle with about a 5th of the fragrance left for $3.00. A lucky find I use sparingly. Good luck.

foldingcaravan
foldingcaravan

Okay.....just ran out of my secret stash....and now am panicking! Please if there is anyone out there that can tell me of a close match I would love to hear of it!

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I love this perfume, it's one of the first fragrances I bought with my own money. I bought it dead cheap, don't remember exactly but remember it was not a lot. I love smelling it from a bottle, I usef to wear it a lot, warm, spicy but even though I loved it, it didn't feel like me, not quite, like I wasn't ready for it, not mature enough. Well - it's an elegant lady fragrance, extremely long lasting, leaving a long trail of fragrance behind.
I just thought to mysel - I should get another bottle, checked on ebay and I nealy got a heart attack!!! The prices! I didn't know it got discontinued...
Right - I'm not going to wear it ever and I'm just going to put my little bottle in a safe :(((

maryellen125
maryellen125

Wore this in my 20's. Very distinctive, with a spicy smell. Sharp and leathery. Smelled it on someone last week, and realized I hadn't smelled it in years.

ranchorita
ranchorita

I loved the scent of Fendi on other women, but it never seemed to really settle down and feel like it belonged on me, to my nose. It kept smelling like I had just sprayed it on my skin. For the time that it was extremely popular, I enjoyed the occasional whiff while shopping or at the opera, and was glad that I could at least admire it from afar.

benpaul12

Managed to find my mother a couple of 5ml vials, having the Fendi perfume around again is magical. It is extremely rich and complex, so feminine and beautiful (just like my mother).

I don't believe it has dated and I know it is popular, so why stop making it?!

Cinlee
Cinlee

I love Fendi, it was my signature scent for years, but now I can't get it, so depressing. I have yet to find anything that is anything like it :-(

PerfumeExperience
PerfumeExperience

If there was a signature "old lady smell," this would be it for me, but to be fair; it is entirely possible that my grandma actually wears this, as it smells very familiar to me. One spray of this is really all that's necessary as it is VERY potent. It took me 3 washes to get the odor off my wrists after deciding it wasn't for me. I also got in a cab just after putting it on and the cabby kept looking at me, as if he was in disbelief at my age. It would be perfect for an older, sophisticated woman who wants a noticable, expensive smelling fragrance.

It does smell pricey, which it is, at almost $300 a bottle for EDP on ebay. I understand the heightened price is mostly because it's discontinued, but might I suggest they stopped making it because their target market is no longer "around" or is just too senile to bother with perfume anymore. I'm only half joking.

No offense to anyone who loves this, I've never been a big fan of "spicy" scents with musky undertones. It's probably the overpowering Coriander and Tonka Bean that make all the other notes fade away into scent oblivion.

pippab
pippab

Why do fragrance companies do this to us? Discontinuing a perfume that is obviously extremely popular just doesn't make sense to me.

Fendi was one of the most delightful, deep and enduring fragrances around - all class and style. To my mind it's similar to Chanel Coco.

I bought the EDP at an unreal price through a perfume drive that the local school was having as a fundraiser. If I'd known about its impending demise, I would have bought all the bottles I could lay my hands on so that I'd never be without it. Such a travesty!!

ejules
ejules

I have been unreasonably upset this has been discontinued. Fendi is the only fragrance I have ever loved since first scent, and the only perfume I have worn since I was 18. I have one bottle, and two minis as a "stash." In my hunt, I came across several fragrance oil companies that advertise the Fendi "type." I found two that are extremely similar so far.I am not sure if I am allowed to post here, but I would be very happy to share the love. You can message me if you like. Oh Fendi, you are like no other.

Fendi is one of my top three favorite perfumes of the 1980's. My mom wore this from its intro in late fall '85 into the '90's. I always liked the unique apple note in this fragrance. Fendi is an oriental chypre, with strong notes of leather, oakmoss, amber and patchouli. If were to come out today, it would be niche, as it's just much too sui generis and complex to sell on the mainstream floor in this pathetic age of perfume.

Fendi discontinued their best. I wish I had known sooner, as I would have bought a lifetime supply, as I have a few others that are now gone.

I have a vintage bottle that I wear when I go to my '80's themed parties. I spray this on, put on Cyndi Lauper's "Boy Blue" and I'm back in 1986 again.

MJ1209
MJ1209

Smoky, strong and wonderful.. an old fave from the 80's. I like the newer more subtle scents now, but this one is sentimental.

benpaul12

It's amazing, feminine and very powerful. My mother misses it already...

krmarich
krmarich

I found a mini today at a reasonable price. My collection of vintage Fendi is complete. Indeed, I have saved the best for last. I have never encountered this elusive beauty before today. Its oddly familiar. Perhaps that because I have used Fendi Uomo for years and they have some common elements. Perhaps it the leather.

It pushes the limits on its catagory. It has too many spices to be a chypre, not enough flowers to be a floriental and changes dramatically over the hours to be an oriental. The LEATHER is big. The rose is blatant. The oakmoss and sandalwood shine. Its epic construction is the stuff of legends. It is refined elegance that is mostly formal winter wear. Perfectly matched with a leather suit and rich furs. Dont forget your hat and viel. Oh yes, red nails and lipstick are required.

By todays standards, Fendi has become unisex. Much like the mens leathery rose standards of the late 80s-Actuer, Zino, Perry Ellis, Tenere and of course Fendi Uomo( I think the big difference is some coumarin), this has similar character. Its somewhat on the delicate side for the men at first, but watch out. Leather and rose is the ultimate pairing for dark passionate romance. Fendi defined this effortlessly.

She is gentle, soft and comfortable. She is also very skilled in the art of wanton seduction. She has more notes than anything on the market today and they hold many secrets. Too many sprays and she could wear you. Like many 80s fare of the day, she requires a certain attitude and a skilled trigger finger.

It not old fashioned by any means. Today its more avant gard than ever. Due to its discontinuation, it is now more precious than any niche house. The original Fendi line from 1985-2000 is now legendary and required in all serious collections.

I LOVE YOU FENDI! PLEASE COME BACK!!!

RGR
RGR

Fendi is what a rich, mature woman should smell like. This is very oriental, powdery and spicy scent. Fendi is my mothers party scent! She says it smells like parties and fun. Whenever I smell it I feel myself sitting down on a carpet watching my mother putting on stockings and taking out her fancy jewelry.

This perfume is for clean heeled, salon haired and jewelry incrusted women. I can almost imagine a beautifully manicured hand with red nails and expensive jewelry caressing a fur scarf. Its the woody and powdery notes that give off this feeling. It reminds me of times when women wore gold jewelry, red lipstick and fancy shoes. Its so floral, woody, spicy and powerful!

My mother loves it so much she still has the perfumed powder box she bought along with the perfume. Great for mature women.

jmonsonlillie
jmonsonlillie

When I was a young girl (probably about 12 or so) I was in the Minneapolis airport with my parents. To keep myself from dying of boredom as we waited to board the plane, I decided to purchase a magazine with my babysitting money. I chose 'Vogue', not because of the content, but because when I fanned through the pages, a rich, intoxicating and almost transporting scent wafted up at me. It was a magazine sample of Fendi.

Ever since that day, I have loved Fendi. It never gets old, and I've purchased several bottles and gift sets over the years. It was easily my signature scent. I stopped wearing it around five years ago, when Tom Ford's Black Orchid came onto the scene. I had forgotten about the almost-full bottle of Fendi in the back of my bathroom cabinet until about a year ago when I was doing some cleaning. For some reason, the smell came at me and for the first time, it made me nauseated. I quickly decided that it was because I had purchased it at TJ Maxx, and that the quality was most likely poor and it had gone bad. I tosssed it out.
Boy, was that a mistake! Now I find that my beloved Fendi is gone forever.

Thankfully, eBay exists. I found a small bottle of EDP for a good price, and I plan on using it ever-so-sparingly until I either leave this earth or the bottle is taken from me. Such a sad, sad loss. This is truly one of the greatest scents ever created.

AbbieB
AbbieB

The day I found out this perfume had been discontinued I felt miserable ALL day. I used to consider this as "My perfume" and couldn't imagine ever loving the smell of anything quite as much. Michael Kors "Michael" comes close in how much I love it, but they are NOTHING alike. Fendi - come back.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

One of the most recognized scents ever. This scent invokes such strong memories for me. Someone I loved must have worn this. I remember smelling it as a child, perhaps from a grandma? This is what I call rich old lady perfume, but I don't think it's exclusive to that demographic. It's comforting, spicy and extremely wild all at once. I had a small bottle I used to spray on my sheets after I made the bed and it would last forever. They definitely don't make perfumes like this anymore. Seems to be a scent from a era gone by. Wish they still made it.

akats
akats

A masculine light oriental or a warm spiced chypre for women? What it may be seem to everyone, it is classic and nice. I had the chance to be gifted a very large decant purse spray 25 ml from a colleque. She hated it....Lucky me.
It is sweet and sour at the same time. Sensual and heavily spiced. Cardamon and carnation are prominent to my nose. Cedar and sandalwood also. What amuses me is that all this sensual warm -almost oriental smell- is constantly interrupted by a naughty lemon. It's interesting! unique.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Oh how gorgeous this is! It smells expensive and complicated but feminine and comforting at the same time. It's one of my favourites for autumn and winter when you need a little extra comfort and it goes so well with colder weather clothes. It has style and presence but it's not screechy - it's more of a lovely mellow song. Compared to the 'fruit salads' it is heavier and it is not a sugar blast but if you want to live on more than bubblegum and candy seek out these older treasures and enjoy their richness.

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

just look at the prices on ebay for vintage bottles

babygurl72
babygurl72

This was my first perfume love back in 1988. I will always keep a bottle in my wardrobe!

stardust808
stardust808

itchy eyes, sneezes, and an all day blinding headache in a bottle...i don't miss this at all!

biancaloren
biancaloren

I LOVE FENDI - oh my goodness. xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

Wearing this today was a very sensual experience, I was in raptures half the day over it! I sprayed lightly for me, only one application and that only a couple of times on each arm and my chest. My skins eats fragrances like a hungry hippo, but this lasted almost all day and I had great sillage for half that. I can't think of anything this reminds me of, it is unique. I really loved every moment with it. This is empowering, going from spicy floral to incense back to spice. I could swear I got a sweet ginger scent late in the afternoon, like ginger cookies? Don't see that listed, but every stage was wonderful and I need as much of this as I can get.

Galya
Galya

For me it's not at all chipre,it's oriental perfume similar so much to coco chanel vintage.Strong as pure concentrated perfume,I use only 1 drop and I feel all day huge scent from me (for have the same scent with new formula's perfumes you have to spray 10 times!)On me I feel a lot of honey +woody notes.
Real treasure and must have.

akheperure
akheperure

It feels too serious and solemn on my skin, like a mixture of strong incense and burned cigarette ashes. I can only use a drop of it, lest I get a horrible migraine.
Its strength on me reminds me of Magie Noire that I used on occasion back in the early 80's, though I can't remember how it smelled at this moment (my old perfumes remain at my parent's home back in Europe).
This perfume of Fendi is not for me, regrettably.
Still, I like to get a tiny drop of it on my wrist from time to time, to enjoy the evolution of the perfume over the hours.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Una de las mejores fragancias de los 80s, exquisita, fuera de lo comun, como una bruma o aura picante, quizas alguna bebida alcoholica, fabulosa

nellyd2
nellyd2

Oh the 90's ..I still recall its woodiness and spice, not for the fainthearted but a classy and sophisticated scent.

nananessa
nananessa

I found a bottle of Fendi at a consignment shop for $2, a full bottle!!! I couldn't believe it! I grabbed it up ASAP along with a several d/c'd frags.

Fendi is such a powerful, beautiful, unique & very distinctive scent, IMHO. I cherished every drop of that bottle & was saddened to see it all used up. It is very potent, had wonderful sillage for me...people would comment "What are you wearing? That smells sooooooo good!

On me it smells more like an Oriental, which is my favorite group. A masterpiece! Even my sons would comment on how good this one smelled...

JasmineNikole
JasmineNikole

My mom used to wear this and I hated it. Now I actually like it. Maybe because its familiar scent reminiscent of my childhood..i dont know..lol

perfumelover4u
perfumelover4u

I love this fragrance to no end. The coriander and cardamom in the top notes are absolutely brilliant, with the aldehydes keeping things fresh and classic.
I smell rose next, pulsing underneath, dancing with sweet geranium, while all the while the lush, warm base hints at the drydown, which is glorious and lasts and lasts. A brilliant masterpiece of a fragrance, but not for the faint of heart, as this one is strong. One need not bathe in it...

eruetim
eruetim

I wore this on alternate days. It gave me strength and focus. A nice finish!

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

Very spicy and elegant. I was afraid of the aldehyde note, but it is just a hint, which I am grateful for :)
It opens with cardamom and spice notes, followed by some patchouli on the background. When it dries down a bit, citrus scents come and it turns into a true chypre. Now, after an hour, I can smell a lovely sweet amber. Very soft and feminine.
Aldehyde is not scary; it works as a transportation to bring the scent further.
Good sillage.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Had it a couple of times. The first time, I was in my early teens. This frag is strong, spicy and elegant. Not an everyday's frag. I still use it on special occasions. I used to love it back in the 80's and I still love it since it's a sexy, mysterious & very strong perfume. You really need to love over the edge frags to wear this one.

sminxyvix
sminxyvix

It smells strong, peppery and stuffy to me... I asked my coworker what she was wearing so I could especially know what not to buy, ever. It suits her (she has a strong, dramatic appearance) but not my cup of tea. Maybe she overused it, but it was offesive. I was thinking "Offendi" would be a better name for it.

Loligurl
Loligurl

I like this perfume very much. Inexpensive but rich smelling. Almost masculine, but sexy-like Marlene Deitrich in a man's suit. Definitely smell the woody and spicy notes- never noticed rose. Shame it's being discontinued.

Shydaniels
Shydaniels

Rich and luxurious. To me this just smells like wealth, like gold and spices in a bottle. I don't know what I'll do when I can't find it anymore.

HHSandy
HHSandy

A woman wo owns a perfume store in Seattle said that her Fendi customers have gone to Ferre by Gianfranvo Ferre. Since I trust her and it has a lot if the same notes as Fendi, I ordered it today. Will let you know how it compares.

zainab amir
zainab amir

I got this as a gift again but damn is it a gift to remember.It was given to me by a really good friend.He must have remembered it because its not something you stumble across by accident.I am in love with it.Its a totally oriental and spicy fragrance that leaves a strong impression of confidence,sexiness and Bergdorf Goodman.For some reason it reminds me of the women in old Cary Grant movies.

Bandit
Bandit

If I would be visited by somone from outer space, an alien, and it would like to learn all about mankind and in that matter also about perfumes and it would want to get only one example, for what a perfume is, I'd choose Fendi for it.

The most perfumery perfume ever invented: chypre, dry, spicy, heady and lush. It is the perfume per se.

I do not often turn to this little gem, maybe because it is so much, with great sillage and enormous staying power. For me it is simply most of the time too much.

But now, as the weather is turning again from warm to cold, Fendi's time has been coming. Wear it now or never! It reflects the slight melancholia of another summer, that has been passed, another dark winter to come. It makes you feel cosy, when the leaves are turning and the rain is coming.

I wear Nu and Parfum Sacre for the same reasons right now.

Cezanne
Cezanne

I adore Fendi. Its "My" fragrance. Bereft without it. People stopped my in the street to find out what I was wearing. What am I going to do without it?

durleybeachbum
durleybeachbum

I have to be in the mood for this one, but when I am, I really love it.
Not one for summery days, though. The warm leathery/furry feel of it makes it ideal for autumn.

Militza

One winter, in the late 1980's a beautiful, well kept woman dressed in suede, with leather coat, purse and boots came in a pharmacy where I usually had my coffee. As this svelte blond woman walked by, her body and clothing emanated an obvious draping of Fendi. It was almost like the scene in TWILIGHT when she comes, in and he smells her as she walks by because anyone in the room would have caught her overall aura: a male for the sake of attraction, a female to size up how can she get that power of attraction. Right then, I knew Fendi would be one of my favorite winter fragrances as everything about it was pure couture on the highest level. Fendi mixed with the leather and suede, and her blond chemistry. I noticed with my first bottle of the fragrance that its sillage was spicy at first but in the dry down, there was a perfect medley of sandalwood, amber, musk and vanilla...or so it seemed to me to be what I would still be smelling in the 13th hour of the day, that hour of coming home from long hours of work, sipping hot chocolate and putting your wrist to your nose to smell, feel, hear the last strings of the melody on your skin. I have been mental upon hearing the company no longer wishes to make it. They have made an egregious error. The other fragrances they may continue to make or those who wish to emulate may be a nice brew, but Fendi was a marriage in heaven with leather, suede, winter and a cup of hot chocolate at the end of the day. Dear God, will someone please send this writing to the company and stockholders?

Aprilily
Aprilily

I really wanted to like this, but on my skin it smelled exactly like "Raid" bug spray-nothing but sharp chemicals. I was so disappointed! I gave away my bottle, *sigh*...

Dayhomemama
Dayhomemama

Loved it in the 80's and got sick of it, gave it away just recently because it smelled too "old lady" for me.

claudy76
claudy76

aroma chipre floral unico de larga duracion despues de aplicarlo dura todo un dia en mi. parecido a paloma picasso y gucci n 3 de buen sillage ami marido e hijos encanta este aroma lastima que es muy dificil de encontrar recomendado a edades de 30 a 50 años para la mujer madura y que sabe de buenos perfumes

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

My signature fragrance. I balled for a week when they stripped it from the shelves. One of the few actual "chypre" fragrances left in the world. I have scoured every department store from Minneapolis to Souix Falls, looking for just one more bottle. Nothing. I am so saddened.

chromextc
chromextc

This one is up their with Gucci and Jacques fath pour homme as my favourite scent... this fragrance should have been marketed as UNISEX, impossible to find nowadays, isn;t it?

mmarrs
mmarrs

Top notes very fresh green perfume dries down to oriental reminds me of coco chanel with kind of a pleasant soap smell I love it

Tracyellen1619
Tracyellen1619

Wonderful, delicious, spicy, intoxicating. I first smelled this on a friend of mine and seriously, I couldn't stop leaning in to smell her. This is not a scent for the timid. Great silage and lasting power. Because I kept complimenting her, my friend bought me a bottle for my birthday and while I like it on myself, it doesn't smell like it does on her. Different chemistry, she IS Italian and has dark hair and eyes, while I am fair. Not sure if that's the reason, but I generally wear this only during the winter, but it's my friend's signature scent. I smell the patchouli and oak moss and it's much more unique than Opium, Cinnabar or some of the more popular scents that were strong and sexy.

anniebeck
anniebeck

This is my favourite of all time...shame its getting hard to get hold of,
This lasts!!!I bought Hot Couture today as I felt I needed a new perfume as I tend to stick to my favourites,the perfume tester strip is in the bag and I just got a whiff of Fendi as I went to the bag.
I just dont understand why this was discontinued, this always gets comments..all positive.

pavlina
pavlina

I must admit that when i received it as a gift didn't appreciate it at all! But I get so many compliments every time I wear it that AFTER FIVE YEARS of owning it I started wearing it EVERYDAY!!! It's amazing that it stills smells brand new! And even more amazing after six or eight hours at work it still draws compliments.

I.I
I.I

I didn't like it at all.
Fortunately the bottle was emptied by an accident.
This perfume is just not me. I find it very strong, sour and spicy at the same time. Not lady-like, nor classy, sweet, refreshing or airy.
It could be a men's fragrance.
Otherwise it lasts long and it's not suffocating or repulsive (like Youth Dew for example, IMHO at least).

anpe02
anpe02

I had it in the 80's, 90's, I didn't like the smell so much but the boys did. So I used it every time I went out. I got millions of compliments.

agunlejika
agunlejika

The sexiest and most sensual perfumes I have ever had, always with an air of anticipation. A definite night wear. It is its own catagory.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Fendi is one of the best classics of the 80's. Big and spicy with the sharpness of those pumped up aldehydes. Damn, this is so sexy. After it's settled down a bit, the cardamom keeps it spicy and woody and very comfortable, but it is unmistakeably a child of the 80's.

There's something so animalic about it. I'd swear there was civet in the base, which was used a lot back then. Maybe it's the combination of leather, patchouli and oakmoss, but it certainly gives this a definite air of skankiness. In fact, I'd call it my favorite skank scent, right up there with Habanita!

Fendi makes me feel like a prowling lioness in heat when I wear it. I just might rip you to shreds....but boy, you'll like it!

miki1968
miki1968

i found it few days again for a bargain i got it blindly but i knew that many persons just love it so i told me that if i don't like it i'll give it...but is wonderful...the spices and woddy notes are not aggressive and together with the floral notes combine in a warm and soft beautyful fragrance...elegant and so feminine too...all the fendi fragrances are special i think...

nargis
nargis

I found a bottle from the mid 1980's among my older perfumes. I tried it and it still smells great. I'd forgotten how much I liked it! I agree with many of the reviews that suggest a light application enough. Also, it is not a fragrance I would wear everyday. When I wear Fendi the spices and woody notes predominate. For that reason I would tend to wear this fragrance in the cooler months of the year.

Miffymuffin
Miffymuffin

Like Tenderhearted I have not smelled real Fendi, just can't get hold of it. However I have a copy from the Perfume Parlour called Defend and if real Fendi smells better (which it probably does) then one sniff and I would be in heaven. I love my copy. I get harsh woody followed by creamy spice all day. I love it.

leonor
leonor

I don't know why they discontinued Fendi. I'm really lost without this parfum. It was my signature!!!! I want tis parfum again.

ichigogirl
ichigogirl

Mmmm... this is a very special perfume! I'm not normally drawn to heavy aldehydes/chypres, but this one is a bit different from the norm, unusually rich in wood and spices, in fact rich in several very masculine scents blended into a hyper feminine perfume that just ooozes womanity.
Fendi Fendi is not a teenager, it's an adult woman who knows what she wants and how to get it. Very suitable for the powerwomen of the 1980's for whom it was probably created, but it still works today, almost 30 years later.
And for me, who was a young teenager in the late 1980's, it works a whole lot better now.
Unlike many other perfumes from the 1980's, that are almost overloaded in flowers, this one doesn't give me headaches and nausea. Instead I find it refreshing and beside the wood, leather and incense there are notes of chinese/japanese ink in it, very rare and absolutely addictive.
I wouldn't call it old fashioned, it's too special for that, rather: it's quite timeless.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

This scent is stunning! It is spicy,deep,green,earthy,and rich.

To my nose,my replica (never smelled original Fendi,sorry) smells camphorous,citrusy,there are roses,and there is spice. It really is hot and cool at the same time! There is a touch of a sweet, creamy scent starting to appear to my nose. This must be the lovely tonka bean. This scent has no set gender in my book,and I can see a woman and a man pulling it off.

Now, the beautiful and brave CandyMarie started a thread here about the cruelty in musk,and if the process of musk extraction breaks your heart like it does mine,then look no further than one of my favorite sellers online. She has this gorgeous Fendi replica,and it 100% vegan,synthetic musk,and not tested on animals. Feel free to PM me if you would like the info.

majatyme
majatyme

My mom wears this all the time, but it is much too strong for me!! Smells like some kind of chemical and gives me the worst headache!!

passionata20
passionata20

I have read all the reviews below and i must disagree with those who say that this is an "old lady" fragrance. If it is so, then i don´t mind to smell like this old lady at all! This is definitly one of the most interesting female fragrances i have tried lately.
The EDP lasts and lasts and lasts.
What i get from this scent is a lot of leather and wood. In a really nice combination because it is all mixed with a honey notes and that makes my heart melt. My favorite part is the drydown, it smells like a great masculine fragrance i would like to smell on my man. This is like 2-in-1. I can see that a lot of men could really use it also since it is indeed a very "I´ve got the power!" style fragrance. Strictly cold weather use!!
I can´t say nothing bad about this one, only the good words. I would put it into the same category as "Nuits Indiennes" by Scherrer on the drydown. I love them both.

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

I was a bit intidimidated when I first sniffed Fendi and it took me a few months to gather the courage to wear it. The first burst of spice and bitterness was unsettling but I love the way it settled into an intoxicating blend of warmth and freshness with the twist of leather that has entranced me. Beautifully complex and compelling. I didn't know I loved leather in a fragrance until I compared fragrances I found unforgettable - mostly leathers. It has a strong presence without being overbearing - softer than other orientals I know - a strong feminine presence that is unafraid of being classed with the Alpha males. I feel its power when I wear it. If it were still readily available , it would be my signature fragrance. Oh, wherefore art thou discontinued????
If I were a fragrance, I would be Fendi.

chaos2
chaos2

This perfume smells like "money" to me. If you going to wear this, you better look the part. I could not wear it now, because it just seems very '90's to me. I loved it then, though.

TrinitySydney
TrinitySydney

Here's another scent that requires some serious mojo to carry off. Not for the faint of heart and not for those who like light and fruity, oh no!

Spritz on lightly, and then watch out. DO NOT wear if you're shy.

Think Joan Halloway from Mad Men. Hips, lips, and complete self-posession.

As anyone with experience in preparing either chai or Indian cuisine knows, cardamom pods are seriously powerful little spice bombs. Add one too many, and your beautiful creation will be destroyed. Unfortunately, this is how I feel about FENDI, which had the potential to be a great oriental chypre but has been wrecked (to my nose) by the heavy-handed use of cardamom.

I love cardamom, don't get me wrong. Some of my favorite modern chypres-orientals feature this note (LEXINGTON AVE and CHINATOWN offer delightful, well-measured presentations...). FENDI, in contrast, is a serious case of cardamom overkill. The cardamom in this composition is so strong that it literally wipes out everything in its path.

That said, I do think that I might be able to wear FENDI mixed with some other lighter oriental. I'm thinking maybe a smooth amber would mix well with this. But as it stands, FENDI is way too cardamom-heavy to enjoy as a perfume on its own. Désolée.

i go to my bottle of fendi every winter. this is a definte heavy, rich, dark perfume made for the coldest weather. long lasting, heady, a little does do the trick or it will be over powering to you and others. it drys down to an elegant smokiness. men go crazy for a woman in this perfume.

This is an absolutely classy and utterly beautiful fragrance. Thanks Lauren!! I had never smelled this before and it has been wonderful wearing "her" and I feel richer now...

Fendi is unlike anything I have ever smelled. It is an 80s scent, true and it has aldehydes; but man, oh man-this perfume towers over most scents from that decade! I am reminded of the old deodorant commercial: "Strong enough for a man...but made for a woman!"...

This opens intensely as aldehydes fill the nostrils, but then calms to a spicy/herbal bittersweet citrus. On first smelling this, I thought it was Fendi for men; until I looked at the label, it was so warm, earthy and heavy (one drop lasted many hours on my skin!) In the heart there is a very green cypress and rose for sure, along with other dry florals and lots of sweetness. This is not cloying; but if overapplied, I could see it making it hard for some to breathe in confined spaces! This should be worn carefully around those who are allergic or prone to migraines, it is not exactly demure. The drydown could be sported by men with no problem whatsoever, I wear this and it always get praise. Cedar and sandalwood give it a woody strength that lasts forever, tonka makes it oriental and warm. The labdanum resin is rich and exotic. The moss and leather give it a classy very stylish chypre feel that is more masculine than most. Fendi is something you would expect to smell on a well-dressed executive carrying a quality leather bag and getting out of a limo with assistant and sychophants all around...rich, classy and makes you want to be in its spell.

Sillage: great
Longevity: Outstanding
Overall: 4.75/5

This should NEVER EVER have been discontinued; but, with all those out there buying lemon water and fruity florals have made lovely Fendi seem passe, but quality never goes out of style! I have a nice size vial from the manufacturer 2/3 full, and it is enough for me for the next couple years-this is not an everyday scent for me. I would wear this when I wanted to feel confident, rich and elegant. If I see it somewhere though, rest assured, I will get a FB. Every parfumista/o should have some of this, even if it is just a sample to experience its wonder...

*You're the best Weegee*

empressevie
empressevie

This is my saddest moment...the lack of Fendi, my fav and signature. What has happened? Come on, all you Fendi lovers (and nothing else is in the same league!!!). Let's jump up and down, let's harrass Fendi, or whoever has taken it over. Let's create a groundswell demanding the return of this DIVINE, sensual, refined but sex filled fume.... please!
I weep!!!

iMaverick
iMaverick

Does someone know when someone walks by smelling of No. 5?? I might, but there is no doubt about it when I smell someone wearing Fendi. It is that unique. The scent of delicate rose is surrounded by spicy accords, carnation and leathery notes. Oh yes, it smells very strong. If the rose was deeper and darker like Caron's 3me Homme, it could pass off as a masculine scent. It smells modern and unique, but somehow with a romantic renaissance feel, like their old ads. Someone has true character if they love this perfume. I still have not smelled anything like it in the decades that I have appreciated the art of perfume.

QCYCORNELL
QCYCORNELL

it's a classic...loves it all way!

nyoka
nyoka

I love the spicy,woodiness of FENDI.I loved it in the 80s and I love it today.It has the most beautiful woodiness of anty fume IMO,It waifs up and caresses you with warm,gentle fingers and stays and makes love to u for hours!IT blooms and blooms its heart out and deserves a special throne in ur fume closet!

secretcrush
secretcrush

This again was one of those on moms dresser when I was a child... This one is waaay too strong for my liking and has always been... I honestly forgot about this one until a girlfriend of mine was drenched in it on a night out!!! I immediately knew exactly wut it was w/ all its rich woods and spiciness as my gag reflex set in lol. She thought it was the greatest thing, I STRONGLY disagreed. Ahhh the 80's...

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

This was my mother's perfume when I was a child. Luckily, she didn't use it often. It made me stay away from perfumes for quite some time. Ugh. It's just HORRIBLE. Way too strong and spicy. It gave me headaches.

Loraamore
Loraamore

I can barely remember what this smelled like. I wore it high school and got away with everything. I'd love to smell it again.

guest_annie
guest_annie

I just loved it, since the first time becomes my personal signature

guest_Yonga
guest_Yonga

As I child, I knew my mum was addicted to this fragrance. I use it off and on and I always get compliments... I wear it when I want to feel mature, serious, and very responsible. I wore it to a job interview... Everybody looked up when I got into the room and all I could see in their eyes was RESPECT... I got the Job...

BIG
BIG

As a man, i admit that i'm very much drawn to this fragrance and in my case i'd wear it. A man could certainly wear this scent and pull it off successfully. I smell a whiff of honey, maybe IT is what attracts me?!

swenada
swenada

Ha! I received this as a gift back in the 1990s and I loved it. I was a teenager then. Of course it's finished now. lol. I will not replace it cause there are way too many fragrances I want to try out but I recall liking this one for sure.

LuvsWhtDiamonds
LuvsWhtDiamonds

There is something in this perfume that gives me a migraine headache every time I'm in contact with someone wearing it for more than 30 minutes. It smells pretty good and I bought some for my Mother as a gift years back but she couldn't wear it around me because of the horrible headaches it always gave me.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Yes, yes, yes!

I first encountered Fendi in 1989, when a friend of mine wore it as her signature scent. I thought it an odd choice for an 18-year-old girl's signature scent, and I found it too dark and strong. (At the time, I was heavily into LouLou, Lauren and Poison. Go figure.)

My friend was obviously ahead of her time and with a more sophsticated nose than mine.

At any rate, now that I have a bottle of Fendi, it is perfect for the 40-year-old me. I'm all about the chypres nowadays and this is a great example of a chypre floral. Flowers, dry wood, spice, oakmoss and leather. I get no sweetness at all from this one. It's a gorgeous old dame of a scent.

I have the EDT and the sillage is great. The persistence is decent for this concentration (about six hours).

Sissi
Sissi

Sweet spices & woods wraped in Leather
Bondage This will Lure a man to his
Downward spiral full of Debauchery;
Origies With Sexy chorus girls Circa
1933. until your wife walks though
the door and you need a lot of Explaining to do! this is what the vibe
it gives off to me. very Sexy Scent.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Marvellous oriental made with knowledge of blending well the notes.chef d. oeuvre!on me rose leather vanilla and incense like smell...to bad its rare to find.bijan smells almost the same...woman frag!sexy sophisticated.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Perhaps the greatest crime ever committed in the world of perfume was the discontinuation of Fendi for women. This is atypical of most women's perfumes, not overly floral or sweet, there's leather in there! Still it's very nice, and it's too bad they don't make it anymore.

guest_Pawel
guest_Pawel

Okay, I'm male but still . . .

The most beautiful women's fragrance EVER. Genius!

Such a shame it's been discontinued.

I cannot tell you how MANY TIMES over the years I have been approached by both men and women to ask me what I'm wearing. This scent obviously agrees with my chemistry-everything else I have ever tried turns really floral. Everyone that knows me knows my scent!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I love this scent because I love love love sandalwood!! This is very powerful perfume, not for the light hearted or faint hearted at all. You will be recognized the minute you walk into a room with this stuff! It lasts forever too. I don't ware it anymore because my mother in law ware it because i gave to her one year as a birthday gift and she has worn it ever since-I don't like to smell like everyone else so I started using something different. This is still a beautiful perfume and I miss it!

milena
milena

very masculine and strong not my type of scent.Although I have this perfume I'll give it another chance in the future.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I have to revise this posting as my most recent experience with this fragrance will be my last.
I have tried 5 or 6 times to appreciate this scent but it's a lost cause.
The opening is apple which is fine and I pick up a little bit of spice. After that, this stuff smells like I smoked 1/2 a stale cigarette, put it out, then smeared the tobacco all over myself.
Nasty does not begin to describe it...And I used to smoke!!
It is very masculine, but I wouldn't go near any man who smelled like this.
Awful, awful, awful.

amelie
amelie

although elegant, I was totally dissapointed, on my skin too heavy, powdery and repressing -like a disaster
I hardly used it and quickly forwarded on ... and still after a while the same experience, the smell is definitely not for me and I don't like it,dominates over all other scents in the room,
but I confess that Fendi is a unique fragrance, just not for me

swampyg
swampyg

I had a friend who was mad on this perfume, so much so that she wore nothing else and the smell became impregnated into her clothes. I wish I was less fickle as I can't stick to one. I tried it on myself and it just doesn't suit me but I can see the appeal as it is that little bit different.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

By God...what a elegant and strong frag!
This smells so classy, distinctive and idiosyncratic!
Is all about what I ever looking for a “wood leather” (and a little sweet) frag.

This is a perfume that always takes a highlight in the crowd, in cold weather with some griffe clothes.
At the top, I feel some fresh licorice and strong woodsy notes, as a recently cut cypress.
Like resins, nor like fresh-burnt-moist woody.
Maybe, some powdery comes from ylang-ylang, and acrid and sour comes from animalic leather, spices and oakmoss.
Beautiful and adult dry down.
Good sillage and the staying power is magnific… more than 20hrs.

Yes, I’m a Latin (Brazil) young man with 21 yo, and I love the way that this frag mix with my skin going thru its phases.
In the theory, the people think: “- It smell like old lady!”.
Too much cliché.
But, in the practice, in my person, the people say: “-This smell very rich, distinctive and expensive!”
Let’s put our brains to work, and think about the possibility of this (or other) perfume matches so good in others publics which this (or other =/) perfume is not addressed.
Think how good it could be in different people and personalities.
It’s relative.
Perfumes haven’t age, sex and skin color… just our willing to use it.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

This is a complex & seductive fragrance! You can't quite put your finger on what it is you are smelling in particular but it is so interesting and appealing. Definitely for a confident woman who wants to make a statement in fragrance. It's been a while since I've owned this one but I think of it often. Very unique.

chocolat
chocolat

This fragrance will knock you off your feet at the beginning. It is not my type of scent but i must admit that it is very interesting! Very confident and steady!I can imagine a tall and impressive woman wearing it, with dark hair and sexy appeal. It sounds retro in a good way. I will not buy it now but definately after some more years i will like it better. There is nothing sweet or fresh girl-y type of thing in it. I sence a lot of style but sadly i can't see myself wearing it.Too dominant, yet- lovely!

Tarya
Tarya

Masculine and confident, even a bit heavy. Drydown woody smoky and warm, slightly harsh. For an adventurous and fearlesses woman's scent.

guest_alsdad
guest_alsdad

I live in Ontario Canada and trying to find Fendi here I have been buying Fendi for the last couple of years for my GF and she loves it but its not for sale around here anymore .If anyone knows where i can pick some Fendi up someone please let me know . Thanks

rosaria
rosaria

Fendi is one of my favorite perfumes. It is powerful, sensual and misterious.It has a wonderful silage and lasts for hours.

By no means I would consider it a masculine scent. It's feminine, but not girlish. Neither sweet, nor delicate...it's for mature and elegant women.

Be careful to wear Fendi. One spray is enough...it's too intense.

I love this bewildering fragance and enjoy wearing it winter days...

elm0505
elm0505

All I can say is Wow! I was given this perfume when I was 21 yrs old and it immediately disgusted me, so I left it on the shelf inside its box.

Some days ago I tried again and I found a sweet, warm and luxurious fragrance, but too overpowering for me. The initial notes show fruits, honey and some flowers. The drydown is leather, honey, woods and a little bit of vanilla.

It makes me think of an executive woman in her 30's, sexy, strong, agressive, determined, long manicured nails and plenty of devoted lovers, but in a classy way. I'm a student and I'm 25, so it doesn't suit my personality at all, but when I need extra courage I wear it to feel more confident -and it works!

Not for a daily use, though.

Lasting power is so strong that after having sweated in the gym and showered I still smelled of it!!!

It's a classy scent and it's quite cheap also.

Carla
Carla

I am a longtime devotee of this Fendi fragrance. I wore it in the mid 80's when it was the scent of the moment and today it still holds it own. I would not label it an "old lady" scent but rather a mature scent that demands to be worn by a woman with discriminating tastes. It is fully loaded with a variety of spicy, floral and woody notes and because it's intense it requires a very light application, hence, it will not be elevator-friendly if too much is used. The twist of lemon in the beginning is invigorating. The rose flower in it's center is in full bloom while the geranium lets you know it's there.The base notes announces a heavy accent on amber and the nutmeg warms your senses. This fragrance takes a good twenty minutes to perform it's excellence but the end result is like a hidden treasure and you feel complete. When adorned with this scent you possess Style with a capital "S"!

Leesee
Leesee

I wore Fendi for a short period of time during the early 1990s. I remember it as a big-boned floral with a generous dollop of spices and musk. Fendi was never as youthfully audacious as the heavy hitters of the day, i.e., Gucci Rush, nor as timelessly elegant as, say, Guerlain's Mitsouko. In its own way, though, Fendi still managed to be both charming and well-mannered in an era when the most popular perfumes were anything but -- no small feat then, and probably no small feat now.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I may be an old lady, but I know a great perfume when I smell one!I have come to the conclusion, after reading many reviews here, that I have 'old lady' taste. So here I am, back again, giving love to a scent for the old broads. But, what can I say? I am an unabashed Fendi fan and love their fragrances. This one is no exception.

On my skin, it is an oriental that opens with cardamon and a weird but delightful lemon scent. That doesn't last long because it soon goes into a cypress and ylang-ylang combination. The best part of the perfume, however, is the base and there is alot going on in that base! There's a little leather, a little sandalwood and even some patchouli thrown in for good measure. But before it gets entirely too weird and heavy, a nice (but not sweet) vanilla scent mixes in with everything else.

It is a complicated perfume and certainly one to be applied with a light hand. It lasts for a good while on the skin, so you might want to be sure you like it before you make the commitment to wear it! However, if you are a woman who likes a big, brassy, and beautiful perfume that's on the heavy side, this is a classic one to try. And, old jokes aside since I was kidding about my old comments above (kind of!), I think women of all ages should give scents a try-even if there's a certain perception that they have about a particular perfume. You may fall in love with one you never even expected to like!

CaraMia
CaraMia

A seriously complicated floral chypre, luxuriant in its bouquet and bouyed by the chypre base. Lasts well and is best in its EDP format

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

My mother has this. I wore it once and found it to be headstrong and sexy! It is strange because I smell mostly rose from it on me, whereas on my mother it smells strongly of the oriental notes. Because of that, I don't wear it. If I got more oriental notes, I'd wear it often. It's a great fragrance and I would only wear it in cold weather. Fendi is a very fashionable, confident perfume.

grati
grati

definitely my signature scent, on me it reveals itself fully; every time i wear it people ask me what is it:) i always make stocks, because in my country you can't find it anymore..

rebella
rebella

This one I like a lot! I think it´s a close relative to YSL Opium, but in a very good way. It reminds me of Opium, but without the headache I nowadays get from it...

It´s very oriental, but in a soft way, the notes are well blended together, it´s feminine but in a daring way. It´s longlasting and you don´t have to put on a lot. The drydown is terrific, very nice... sensual, spicy and still soft, caressing, soothing... Indeed a perfume worth trying if you looking for a classy retro...

Aiona
Aiona

What a strange, strange smell! It is not the typical floral perfume that's being put out by celebrities, these days. When I sniffed this in Drug Emporium a few months ago, I loved it! (I had sniffed Angel, Alien, and Fantasy just a few minutes prior.) Then yesterday at Walgreens, I sniffed it again (not on my skin), and it smelled really different. Stinky, but loveable! I don't smell any flowers in it at all. . . only bizarre scents that remind me of Peggy on "Married With Children" but a little classier.

Fendi by Fendi 4.00 out of 5 based on 646 ratings and 148 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fendi Fendi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Fendi Fendi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fendi by Fendi. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fendi by Fendi represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.