Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Fendi Uomo Fendi for men
dislike

leather
Fendi Uomo Fendi for men Pictures

Fendi Uomo by Fendi is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. Fendi Uomo was launched in 1988. Top notes are coriander, lavender, bergamot, angelica, marjoram and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, carnation, cypress, iris, cinnamon, jasmine and rose; base notes are leather, amber, patchouli, musk, coconut, vanilla, vetiver and cedar.

Coriander Lavender Bergamot Angelica Marjoram Lemon

Cyclamen Carnation Cypress iris Cinnamon Jasmine Rose

Leather Amber Patchouli Musk Coconut Vanilla Vetiver Cedar

Santos de Cartier

Fendi Uomo Fragrance Reviews

DSun
DSun

I have two bottles of Fendi Uomo: one bought in the early 1990's and the other bought recently from eBay with a batch code of R0201. There was sadly a reformulation that I wasn't aware of. The older one is more a classic fougere along the lines of vintage Azzaro pour homme. The newer one leans towards the reformulated Santos de Cartier.

This is just for your information, not a judgment.

The original...It's a very good, very conservative, very by-the-numbers fougere (that goes for both original and reformulation, btw)...but for those same reasons, I don't reach out for it as often as I'd like...and even less so now. (Now that I know about the reformulation!)

The reformulation...I've been wearing it for the last three days. It's a light fragrance, very diaphanous, very low sillage. It's a skin scent barely an hour after application. However, when sprayed on clothes, it sticks like giraffe snot. I've been noticing this with Lagerfeld's fragrances: the ones I have all have tremendous staying power when sprayed on fabric...every single one, even the reformulated Photo.

What I like most about Fendi is the packaging. Those metallic-looking accents you see on pictures of the bottle? Those are really made of brass, not merely painted on.

And I'm swapping out the newer bottle bought from eBay. So, if anybody's interested....

*****
Skip that last part. I think I'll hold on to it.

apixiefan
apixiefan

its a nuclear bomb of leather, patchouli, vanilla, coriander, cinnamon and rose. There is nothing like it, sorry, but the comparison to Santos de Cartier, pretty weak in my opinion.

Fendi Uomo, is niche-like and awesome. The reformualated Cartier scent, is not, sorry.

I wore this many yrs ago, and the only reason I didnt keep it around is becuz I ran out of it, it was too expensive at the time, to replace..and I was a broke-ass, grad student.

I'll have to catch up with this, as soon as I can find a decent price point.

wow, this is like catching up with an old buddy from grade school or something. This scent is one of the better designer power houses, ever made. There are so many so-called powerhouses that would have to literally kneel down to the longevity, sillage and quality, of Fendi Uomo.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I finally was able to get my hands on a little tiny vial of this stuff thanks to another member on here.. I am in love! Fendi Uomo is a great vintage scent.. Tons of gorgeous leather! It is classified as a woody spicy on here but smells more like a classic chypre to me.. It is strong, classic, and mature but I definitely could wear this.. It really smells exactly like a male version of the women's "Fendi Donna" which I fell in love with first.. Will update once I get to know this better.. Gorgeous!

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

I'm going to say it and I hope this doesn't get deleted. It's the aroma of the leather seat of a lambretta moped once that tight cheeked Italiano dismounts. His D&G jeans, his swarthy swagger. The sunglasses worn at dusk in the outside cafe. You admire his gait. His stance. His attitude is "untouchable Adonis". You wear this and everything in the morning tells you he fell for you. It's still on the sheets, your fingers, your mind. You both became one in fendi uomo and that's brilliant.

nero77
nero77

Complex, mature and quite elegant

I have nothing but admiration for the old italian style of perfume making, and Fendi Uomo is typical of this.

The fragrance opens up with a host of notes that can be almost overwhelming but which work together really well to give the impression of a well dressed, slightly conservative image of a man. Pure masculinity in the old tradition.

With lavender, cinnamon, carnation and herbs, followed by rose, iris and vetiver, with leather, patchouli and amber constantly in the background. It can be dense and a little heavy, but it dries down beautifully with leather and earthy, herbal florals to give this impression of masculinity. Think expensive cut suits with wide lapels, the finest Italian leather shoes, immaculate grooming. I don't see this primarily as an "old man" type of fragrance, but more of a "classic" style type of scent. Like a young man in an old Italian film or magazine dressed in the best male fashion of his day.

In this world where this kind of smell is slowly disappearing (Fendi Uomo has been discontinued for some time now), it really is nice to smell the old classic style of masculinity once again. Nostalgia, yes... but certainly worth it.

Iris_it
Iris_it

Fendi Uomo is one of my top favourite scents for men I wear myself with great pleasure and I have to confess I even love it more than Fendi for women . Yes ,that's right , they do not make fragrances this good anymore .

Not long ago a male friend asked me if I had a fragrance for men to put on . Of course I had , and asked him what was the perfume he loved the most : Adam Eau de Bruyere in his young days . Oh , the common good taste of those days when perfumes were so rich !

I picked Fendi Uomo and doused him for fun with ...say ... ten spritzes even if I knew it is a very intense fragrance and with sillage: I am so envious since it smells even better on my friend's skin than on me :-) Paradoxically , on my skin it goes a little dry , on his ... wow , intoxicatingly smoother and sweeter .
After a while , when I entered the living room again where he was reading the newspaper , Fendi uomo ( and its exagerated 10 spritzes ) had entirely filled the room with its spicy leathery wonderful aroma .

I have been asked ( of course ) what follows : " I would be grateful if you warn me , should you find a Fendi Uomo to buy " .
" With pleasure , it smells on you as if it was made for you and when this happens , the fragrance is a must get ! "

10/10 !

CGV

PS: .....so summarising: Its a freightrain which takes you back into those times when things were a bit more calm, information was flowing slower, people seemed to be more genuine and the world was a better place to be...

CGV

A masterpiece standing the test of time! Of course its 80's and powerhouse and all those definitions overused in the fragrance community but c'mon, the nose which has created this smell was a genious. Its indeed a big orchestra of spices and flowers but so delicately blended that the actual AROMA that comes out of this blend is one of the most comforting, self assuring and tasteful creations I have ever had the pleasure to smell. For me its in the top 3 of all time spicy "powerhouse" (there you go I use it too) fragrances ever created. Trussardi Uomo, Hermes Bel Ami, Versace L'Homme, Marbert, Boss Nr1 are among those who stand out in general but the top 3 for me are Lagerfeld Classic, Alain Delon AD and this brilliantly made Fendi Uomo. I just love it to bits. The aura it creates and aroma it has is unbeatable. Of course its not for youngsters, I myself was only 20 when i first wore it and it didnt agree with me at all. Now at 41 is a perfect companion for these cold autumn & winter days.....Fendi Uomo another fragrance giant which slowly and sadly disappears....

Porgio
Porgio

They just don't make them like this any more, that fresh leathery smell is similar to Sienna by Crabtree and Evelyn. No other comparisons can be made, truly a unique leather smell. patchouli is strong throughout the life of FU, giving this scent a real bite of fresh green. sure floral, sure green, but really a leathery, spicy, bitter scent more akin to some of the more powerhouse fougeres i own. 10/10

Castor
Castor

A powerbomb? At the beginning, after all it dates from the time these ruled. Not in this case. It opens brashly, but settles into a soft mid / basenotes in a very fast way.

I can smell the green elements, later morphing into a flowery - spicy scent. Then it amps up the spiciness for a relatively short time, in order to settle into a warm skin scent.

It is quite original, I cannot recall others that smell alike. It behaves in a manly way because of the spiciness.

I don't wear it that much, but it is worth it if strong ones are not your favorites. It is not a formal scent.

You can venture for liberal applications. If done, it will behave as a brash scent, somehow in a different fashion as the way described.

Rerik
Rerik

Only wearable in winter.
100% pine tree smell.
Very strong in the beginning.

cassio

Just found it again in a small store in New York City. I had to bargain with the salesman. The price? US$ 200,00 . After he sold me at US$120,00. Still expensive but I just love it.

Well to me this fragrance is the epitome of old Skool, super strong, masculine to the point of butch and not really to my taste.
However, I understand the appeal because this fragrance takes one back to an era between the 60's and 90's where all masculine scents were...well frankly exactly like this.
I remember trying this years ago and feeling it was dated even then but after clearing out some of my dads old stuff I found a bottle of this juice and when I tried it again to my suprise enjoyed the dry down but the opening is still too harsh.....I don't hate it though.
Seeing as its sort after and hard to get hold of now (by all accounts) I have a bottle I'm probably rarely going to use so get if touch if you're interested.

Update: The drydown of this fragrance is sublime you get lots more than you expect it's really very nice. I still have more than 3/4 of a 100ml bottle if anybody wants it let me know.

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

My dad used to wear this occasionally. It is extremely masculine and wonderful! I would say for the older and more mature man (maybe cos my dad wears it, who knows). I don't know what else to say, this is great, classy, and a true mans scent.

Go4broke
Go4broke

If you like this, just go out and buy ysl m7 oud absolu. They smell almost identical. Both have monster projection and longevity too.

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

Cassio, I know what you mean. I saw this today at a mall perfum shop. One bottle behind the counter . . . $150.00. As it's discontinued, I did consider it.

cassio

I've just found it in a Miami Mall . The price? US$200,00?!!
I did'n t bought it. Soon it will be available at Sotheby's as
a antique!

kl99
kl99

A basically pure sweet powdery natural white elegant suede mens jacket.
Delicious. Sensual.
That's it the picture.
Tobacco and grapefruit seems to be two missing notes I ve found written on a magazine of the 80s.

absolutely classy,masculine

fuggerone
fuggerone

got a couples of bottles sitting on the shelves forgotten in nearly forgotten shops, just great, a pure classic, so powerful and sexy, not kid stuff at all! Patchouly and heavy leather!
this is a wild beast that puts niche perfumery to shame, this is leather for the hoochie coochie man gone wild!

greenwos
greenwos

This is a true giant! A few squirts and it lasts all day! Only for the mature guy, youngsters seem to go for more subtle fragrances as of late but as i'm 45 it just works for me nowadays. Shame it's such a pain to get hold of!

krmarich
krmarich

I ran across my old empty bottle from the 1990s and thought, I needed to replenish my supply. Alas, it is now discontinued which is better than a poor refomulation.

Reflecting on the last few drops, this was larger than life in all dimensions. It had a bold Italian character that entered the room before you did. I had a splash bottle and applied it with care. I didnt pay attention to the volume of it in the day. Everyone else was wearing Kouros, Fahrenheit, Giorgio PH and other various powerhouses. What was one more thunderbolt hurled from Olympian perfumers?

It is too easy to say it is like Giorgio PH, yet that is the closest comparison. Fendi always seemed more wealthy and darker with rich Italian leather wrapping this floral beauty. The sculpted bottle and box was status oriented( this was 1 Billion-take that Paco Rabanne). Wearing it transported you to a Roman cafe at the bottom of the Spanish Steps sipping a Campari and soda, dressed in a taylor made suit. The fantasy was larger than the fragrance for me, and that is pretty big.

Enter the big bad wolf LVMH and Fendi lost is dignity (and Uomo), like so many other brands. So much for corporate couture...where is the love?

Celebrity=Robert DeNiro

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

This has to be one of the strongest men's fragrances ever made. It's very bold yet elegant and masculine at the same time. It's longlasting and is certain to bring you compliments, provided you just spay 1-2 sprays. Much more than that and you'll certainly clear the room.

jennix
jennix

The true smell of men's fragrance. Too bad no one can find only very rarely. I love it.

istanblue

Its not for teenager but for real men.Very masculine and sexy.

My first thought was that this is a more subtle version of Vetiver de Puig, which I owned for a few years before first trying Fendi Uomo. I don't get much lavender or leather. The angelica seems quite strong, and beyond that, there is an interplay among patchouli, vetiver, and wood. Orris is listed but this is not powdery. Spices are listed but they are discreet, as are the floral notes. I don't get anything that registers as coconut nor vanilla. The blend is very well done, with the angelica being present for a long time and standing by itself, as the wood, patchouli, and vetiver do a kind of dance. It's natural smelling and quite subtle for a 1980s "power" fragrance. The longevity is excellent with good/moderate projection ("sillage"). The sprayer is very good, so a nice cloud effect occurs, with a minimal amount being used up (so you might need to spray more than usual). According to one BNer, the only version you should get is the Bethco one (which is the only one I've sampled). Read the label on the bottom of the bottle to be sure. Though obviously not similar to M7 in most ways, there is something far into the drydown that strikes a similar chord (as in accord).

UPDATE: I recently acquired some of the Parma version. That one seems to have less patchouli, but instead is a bit sweeter. The Bethco is more aromatic whereas the Parma is more oriental. I like both and think they are both high quality fragrances.

johngreenink
johngreenink

Lavender and Leather - that would sum up my memory of Uomo. As many others have mentioned, this is a very strong and masculine scent. I really did like this a lot, but when I wore it, I always felt later on that it was a bit too strong. It's a scent that is intriguing, but really hard to fit into a logical or appropriate wearing time or wearing place. It's got an old fashioned-ness to it (could it be the patchouli, or the pine-y notes?) that makes me think of pipe tobacco and over-stuffed arm chairs in the den. And scotch. And bound books. And dust on the globe sitting in its stand over there in the corner. Maybe its the scent of new 'old money' that permeated the '80's?

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

This is a monster, I purchased blindly for a knock down price in a gift set many years ago and it was too heavy for me. It is very very strong and you could definately knock out people around you if you over apply. I ended up giving it away for a prize in a raffle ;)

horizon
horizon

Fendi Uomo is not for who wear ordinary perfumes.
Its the one of the best man fragrances I have ever bought.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I recently acquired a vintage bottle of this, and what a fragrance. Powerful patchouli, leather, cinnamon, really unique. This is a frag monster as BIG says below, but it is a rich and wonderful aroma. I will only wear this on very special occasions, as this is not an everyday scent, but I will be looking forward to those occasions. This really is a masterpiece if you like big spicy leather frags. If you want a unique and powerful fragrance for going out at night, look no further, this will do the trick. Beware it is not your typical modern fruity or vanilla fragrance, this has old school body and charm. This is sort of what I imagined Patou Pour Homme to smell like, but I have never had the pleasure of sampling it...I imagine PPH to be smoother, but this is a most heavenly leather changeling.

lovescully
lovescully

I bought a large bottle of this untried and at whim when I saw it on sale for under $20. I had recalled some of the great reviews here and couldn’t resist the very retro dark faux marble and gold bottle.

Little did I realise what was about to unfold…… this fragrance just about blew my head off!

Although the drydown is sublime and almost lovingly caressing in its nature, unfortunately, the top notes are just far too abrasive for me. I know that each nose is different and we all have our own olfactory preferences, but I’m not kidding when I say that the first blast was like my nostrils had been assaulted by some kind of hot, spicy, almost poisonous gas!

I had been forewarned about its strength here, so I was careful not to over-apply. One spray on each wrist and one on my chest was all it took to completely overwhelm me. Initially, I was tempted to run to the shower and immediately wash the whole lot off, but then I decided to give this classic its fair due and see where this assault would lead.

The very strong abrasive notes lasted a good 2 – 3 hours before the whole thing started to calm down. About 4 – 5 hours later, I was enveloped in a gorgeous & entrancing herbal sweet musk. Unfortunately, by this time I was far too olfactorily (is that a word?) exhausted that I couldn’t enjoy it as I’m sure it was intended. When I awoke this morning, I could still clearly detect the herbal musky drydown; this is some 14 hours after a 3 spray application!

I can certainly see that some guys could pull this off and enjoy it too, but I guess I’m just not courageous enough to endure the almost 4 hour assault on my senses, before the drydown.

BIG
BIG

this frag is a MONSTER, not for the faint-hearted. never over apply it.

ObsessionForMen
ObsessionForMen

Rich with leathers, patchouli, florals and more. I recently re-discovered Uomo and I'm so glad I did. I love the way the scent lingers on my shirt for a couple of days in my closet after wearing this masterpiece of a scent. There is no other like Uomo. Perfectto!

Aristo
Aristo

fragrance for the senators of ancient Rome ...
where are they?)
therefore disappeared this perfume (...

instantjim
instantjim

Let me start by saying I love patchouli. Learning that this was a fragrance containing patchouli was the main reason I bought this (added to the fact that I bought Fendi Fendi for my wife and liked it very much and thus investigated the range).

When I first tried it I thought “Ah it’s like Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men”, however that really was too simple a comparison. When I actually compared them side by side, the similarities and differences became clear.

Both have a strong start, Fendi is more citrusy and Giorgio is sharper (you might say tangier). Spices and patchouli are evident in both fragrances. I associate Fendi Uomo, whether rightly or wrongly, with two other fragrances I own (Giorgio Beverly Hills and Givenchy Gentleman). These can be placed on a continuum which goes like this:

Fendi Uomo (fairly strong patchouli)->--Giorgio Beverly Hills (very strong patchouli) -> --Givenchy Gentleman (attack of the patchouli monster).

Two major differences are complexity and balance: Fendi is a much more complex and balanced fragrance than Giorgio and accordingly it is harder to indentify the individual notes. The spicy top notes serve to amplify the patchouli and woody base notes, yet at the same time take the sharp edge off them. The aromatic lavender complements the spices and makes the opening of this fragrance well-rounded.

Compared with Giorgio, Fendi Uomo evolves fairly quickly and the floral middle notes ensure that it settles into something mellow, while after the same amount of time Giorgio is still screaming “Spices and patchouli”. The musk and leather base notes continue the longest augmented with slight hints of wood.

Whilst this is an overtly masculine fragrance, it is quieter than either Giorgio or Givenchy Gentleman and thus able to be worn in a greater range of situations without the risk of offending anyone with outrageous sillage.

Even though it is fragrance suited to colder weather, I would happily wear this in spring.
This fragrance evokes images like a gentleman wearing a tweed suit with leather elbow patches whilst drinking spicy punch in front of an open log fire. It’s definitely an older man’s fragrance. Very classy.

cassio

I just love this perfume.
It has personnality , makes me feel rich, good for romantic occasions when it´s cold.
Nowadays it´s hard to find here in Brasil. I need to travel...

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

Fendi Uomo kind of reminds me a tiny bit of Gucci pour Homme with more of a spicy leather feel and less of the smokey amber incense smell of Gucci. It isn't very loud or offensive and with only one spray it can be pretty mellow. A fairly nice alternative cold weather scent. I love the bottle style.

guest_ArkangeL
guest_ArkangeL

Sophisticated, refined and mature. Oriental, spicy and faintly sweet. Not bad at all. Classic yes, but not outdated. At least it's not an abused fragrance, such as Cool Water or Grey Flannel. Expand your horizons. Step outside the box sometimes. It's nice not always being so predictable.

Cheadle
Cheadle

Guys this is a respectable scent that holds its own anywhere; daytime cool office environment or for the evening. Has a strong boozy opening but don't let it scare you. Your reward comes an hour or two later when the inner notes become active and surround you with a scent of authority and confidence. The ladies that are too shy compliment you will smile inside as you pass by. Fragrances I purchase more than once always earn my respect. Fendi Uomo has had a share of my wallet THREE TIMES.

18-Oct-2013. My opinion remains the same. This used to sell for @ $30 when it was in production, now i read that you need at least six times that to secure a bottle if you can find one

As for comparison with M7 OA all I can say is errr.. dunno.. M7 & M7 OA share a lot of DNA but Fendi Uomo is/was a traditional 80s Powerhouse comparable to other traditional 80s powerhouses.

Marcel
Marcel

An uncle of mine gave me this one as a present years ago. It's one of the most hideous perfumes I have ever had. I was never able to put it on my skin. I don't remember well it's smell, but I remember I thought it was for grandpa.

Fendi Uomo by Fendi 4.19 out of 5 based on 130 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fendi Fendi Uomo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Fendi Fendi Uomo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fendi Uomo by Fendi. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fendi Uomo by Fendi represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.