Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Fifi Chachnil Fifi Chachnil for women

Fifi Chachnil Fifi Chachnil for women
dislike

tobacco
Fifi Chachnil Fifi Chachnil for women Pictures Fifi Chachnil Fifi Chachnil for women Pictures

Fifi Chachnil perfume is the essence of femininity, pin-up girls’ kind of femininity, which includes all the contradictions of the term. It begins with a sharp citrus notes and coriander, intertwined with sweetness of rose that gives a powdery aroma to the scent. Amber gives oriental note, enhanced by tobacco.

It is available as 70 ml EDP, 70 ml EDT, 10 ml Atomizer and Perfume extract of 10 ml.

Citruses Coriander Tangerine

Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Amber Tobacco

Fifi Chachnil Fragrance Reviews

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This review is for the EDT
Sharp and citrusy, something unpleasant in the initial spritz and a whole ton of pencil shavings mixed with powder.
This takes forever to settle and when it does, it turns into a skin scent.
Is this what everyone is raving about or have I got a dud bottle??

tiffingirl
tiffingirl

Whilst not a replica by any means, I have always thought there was a family resemblance between Fifi Chachnil EDP and Obsession. Funnily enough, today I read that they were created by the same perfumer Jean Guichard! Similar powdery, amber notes with a hint of citrus and naughtiness. Guichard also created Cartier So Pretty, LouLou, Fragonard Soleil amongst many others.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I *really* have to stop sampling perfumes that mock my budget.

But Fifi Chachnil is such a charming little darling that I'm willing to pay the price. It opens with a bright, sparkly citrus that has an edge of spice and spunk. A soft heart of rose sweetens things up, but only just enough to let you know that Fifi's a sentimentalist deep down. Then there's a gentle powdery note followed by a deeply comforting tobacco. That's right, comforting. For me, this qualifies as a comfort scent. It's so warm and inviting.

I can't wait to order a full bottle of this... definitely not audacious... let's say, "charmingly cheeky" perfume. It's not a "bad girl" scent. It's a scent for a good girl with a sense of humor and a touch of sass.

Delightful.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

Thanks to dear Vie Cafe, I was able to sample this gem and it was immediate LOVE!!!! And I broke my rule of not sampling a perfume that I couldn't afford!! My only excuse is that I didn't know, before trying it, that it WAS expensive . . . and impossible to find. Of course I looked for it - that's how I learned that it is expensive.

cecyben
cecyben

"Fifi Chachnil" is another masterpiece of one of my favorites noses: Jean Guichard (Eden, LouLou, Obsession, So Pretty, Parfum de Peau, La Nuit)... and the bottle ... OMG ! beautiful, lovely ! Another love !

Jenge
Jenge

This reminds me of Rizzo from the movie, Grease. She's been wearing Kenickie's leather jacket and since they are fighting, he asks her to return it. She liberally powders her nose and spritzes on her favorite perfume (Chantilly?)to go meet him. On her walk over she smokes and snarles at anyone who makes eye contact. When she sees him she hurls the jacket at him, then storms off.

Kenickie catches his jacket and and also catches the strong cloud of powder, cigarettes, sweat, and Rizzo's sharp perfume. All stale, and all mingled together. He hangs it outside to air out, but it still has that sourness several hours later. Oh well, it's not super sweet or floral, so no one will think he smells like a girl.

Rizzo is a brash, mouthy gal. I think I'd rather smell like Sandy :)

Update: Hubby picked this as his fav in a lineup. Apparently this French lingerie company knows what men like ;)

I REALLY like it layered with something sweet. I just don't know if I'd pay for a fb to have to layer it.

OK, I went from meh, to like, to love, to NEED A FB ASAP! Fifi has won me over and now I find this scent so addictive and comforting at the same time. Too bad it's so overpriced and hard to find in the US.

vitabhaya
vitabhaya

Don't let the pink fluff fool you. She's spicy, fun and doesn't give a flip. Just enough sweetness to add sparkle to her spice, Fifi does what she wants and your job is to keep up.

I love this. The sweet, dry scent of fresh tobacco, tempered by tangerine and citrus, enhanced by coriander. There is a slight non-cloying sweetness that perfectly balances the piquant resin of the leaf. The amber is noticeable on my skin, but the rose is not; both of these notes lend the perfect softness to this blend. It's sassy, feminine, playful yet refined.

This fragrance is hypnotic and dead sexy. Wear it to the office at your own risk.

LittleDragonette
LittleDragonette

What I find so enticing about this fragrance is that it feels like something that has been on the skin for hours when I first apply it. It's sexy as hell, beginning with a bright, spicy citrus that doesn't stick around for long on my skin. The amber is warm with smoky tobacco edges; with a not-too-powdery rose wafting in and out of the picture. I adore this---very feminine and sultry. If you love this, try Anne Pliska....her more experienced patchouli cousin. I have both on my arm at the moment; and they most definitely resemble each other. Mmm.

lulu7898
lulu7898

I got a blast of spice and not knowing anything about this perfume, I thought it was clove I was smelling. It must have been amber + coriander. Nothing sweet which I like to wear some days. I never got much citrus but a tobacco-rose after 3 hours. Very nice and I think a man could use this as well. The bottle made me think flowery, sweet and fruity but none of that is true.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

Who can talk about diferences between EDP and EDT?
I know only EDT !!

Thanks...

antfarm
antfarm

Fifi Chachnil is like a very pretty pin-up girl who only has one facial expression in every one of her photos.

I smell watered-down tobacco, vanilla, citrus and something nutty. It hints at something smooth and sexy, like swirling smoke against velvet or satin, and I am a sucker for the bottle. It doesn't really have much oomph or lasting power. She's kind of simple, but likeable, this gal.

EDIT: The more I try it, the more I like it. Update from like to love.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Thank you rosecat for the opportunity to try this. It opens with a feminine dose of rose and citrus on my skin and is fairly tame. But after half an hour or so the tobacco and amber warm up and make it mellow. It brings to mind a girly girl who is a closet smoker with wisps of that tobacco clinging to her clothes, a bit naughty, but nice. Then after another half hour it changes again, with pepper and coriander making their presence felt. The other notes recede at the same time, and the whole thing blends together nicely but you can still identify each individual note.

The longevity and sillage are fair for the price. The bottle would look lovely on a dressing table, but I am wary of those puffer sprays as I have heard the contents evaporate more quickly than a conventional spray. Overall I would rate it as a 7.5/10.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

On my skin this smells like lemons and cigarettes. I noticed that some reviewers called this very feminine and sexy, I guess it can be sexy if you were wearing it while drinking the night away in a bar while losing your sense of smell as you go along.

The bottle is gorgeous, but what's inside is far from it.

Princessfifi
Princessfifi

Does any one know where I could buy this in Australia other than online? I love the bottle and name but I would only buy it if I smelt it first.

Blimunda
Blimunda

Today I got this cutie pie from a dear old friend of mine and although I'm still in the process of testing it, there is nothing more to wait for to write down the first impressions!

This is tobacco leaf all the way long, followed by the warm amber accords that make it smell simply irresistible and that much alluring you'd wish to fall in love with yourself, lol! It opens up with strong mandarin blast, but it takes it only a couple of minutes to fade away and stabilize on the skin as cozy, warm sexy veil that wraps you all around the body.

In my opinion, this is a ladylike Tobacco Vanille!
Gorgeous! I fell love with it, as you will too! :-)

Lasting power is still to be examined and added!

Zazou
Zazou

Fresh, almost peppery citrus blending in with heavy rose scent, very soft and vanilla like without ever getting too sweet. Faint tobacco note in the drydown is perfecting the rose/amber mix. Very grown-up feminine, slightly bold but in a very sophisticated way. All but a cheap perfume, despite its moderate price. Love it!

busik
busik

Solo rose, citrus and amber, and tobacco leaf somewhere in them drowned. Amber resembles Voile d'Ambre Yves Rocher, Yves Rocher only it sounds warmer, because without citrus. Loop subtly feminine, resistance is not bad. But the bottle-real decoration for a dressing table!

Winki
Winki

This is so exquisite! Perfect heavenly blend of powdery spice. So ultra feminine and extremely long lasting!!!

fpih
fpih

This smells to me very much like Dior Addict. The opening is much more citrusy, but the drydown seems very similar -but less cloying- to me. It retains its slightly citrusy nature for a good while, but in the end, what it leaves is a warm, sweet amber with a bit of rose and vanilla. Very feminine, very very long lasting (more than 12 hours for the EDP), perfect for sexy nights and confident women.

lilou
lilou

It was a great surprise, and I loved it. It's very identifiable. Fresh at the beginning, sweet and powdery with a mix of vintage notes (rose) and modern notes (tobacco). So powdery, so sweet and lasting power so long and perfect. It's a perfume for women who are extremely feminine and who love to be women. I'm very surprised to love it because it's very strong (usually I love sugary or fruity fragrances), but I think I love it because of this mix between sweetness and insolence.

rosecat
rosecat

After many years of lusting after this perfume, I now own it! It's a very feminine comfy, powdery pink scent. It's initial spray resembles men's cologne oddly enough, but only for a few minutes then it settles into a true perfume. It's not loud but very cose to the skin with great longevity too. The notes are complex enough with rose, amber, sweet citrus but I fortunately don't get any tobacco on me. Its not like other perfumes I can compare too, it is like the previous reviews.... Seductive, Sexy, French chic, classy and it comes in a perfect pink bottle! I feel fabulous when wearing it.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

got the edt today, and it's far stronger than expected. a few drops and it's lingering and swirling around me very nice.
sexy deep powdery and smoky scent with some lucious hints of sparkling lemon and creamy rose... simple but very beautiful! it's not of those scents, who are trying to be sexy to a maximum whit loads of sugar and patchouli, it IS pure sexyness in a bottle with facetts of innocence and understatement naughtyness.
it's not even a tad sweet in the first half hour but then the spiced lemony rose changes to a creamy sweetness of lovely flowers - truly beautiful and intoxicating, still slightly spiced, woody and smoky with an warm ambery trail.
fifi perfume has a modern vintage-feel to it, what is very elegant and feminine, transporting a joyful creamy rose soap und powder vanity aroma. a very different interpretation to other vanity scents - and i think, this one is just on the right point.
the tobacco isn t that noticable as someone could be afraid of... it's a golden blond tobacco, no darkness or dirtyness. it floats in the background, just to give this round perfume a slightly aromatic edge.
it reminds me instantly to fragonards grain de soleil but way smoother and softer by same intensity. love it :D
a perfect seducing scent.
sillage wonderful, staying power exeptional!
the bottle is soooo pinup!!! a masterpiece!

LaPetite
LaPetite

Reviewing the EDT
Gorgeous ! Absolutely !
I have received today a "paper sample" of it and i couldn't stop smell my wrist!
It is very powdery , comfy , and feminine (imao ) , but not totaly innocent because of the tobacco note .
It suits well the brand image , i really really like it and it's one more on my endless wishlist .

Not sure whether I'd want to wear FIFI CHACHNIL as a perfume, but it certainly did a great job clearing up my sinuses and nasal passages on this drizzly day. Wow, what a startling opening: massive coriander and citrus, which somehow (I guess, assuming that camphor or menthol or something along those lines is not also in here...) together impart a camphorous quality which lingers on and on. I am convinced that this would truly work wonders for anyone suffering from a bad winter cold. Could also be a nice sauna scent.

In fact, this composition may be more a piece of aromatherapy, when all is said and sniffed, than a perfume, for the camphorous quality never really fizzles out as I would have expected. The myrrh does become rather marked over time, but its chaperone remains near by. Although the notes are very different, in terms of overall effect, FIFI CHACHNIL does not seem that far from my memory of Vivienne Westwood BOUDOIR with its equally weird bubble gum note. Which actually, come to think of it, makes a lot of sense.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I really do love this! On my wrist I can smell the rose in the first blast along with the coriander - I do get a sweet note from my skin. I don't seem to get any of the citric notes at all and I don't get any tobacco from this. At the middle stage the rose shines thru and I think it is only a few stages from sweetness to KM's Loukhoum. I do get a very gentle amber entwined with a feint rose scent in the drydown.

This is very French and chic. I would say try the sample first and don't be swayed by the gorgeous bottle. But it is worth the money and a little goes a long way - thankfully as I don't think I could hawk the bottle and spray in my handbag or keep on changing the tops each time I went in and out!!!

I do think it is a perfume that depends on your skin's chemistry as to how it eventually sits on you.

I tested this against Loukhoum and, certainly on my skin, the to have an extremely similar scent and it is only the Loukhoum that is sweeter!!!

Fizzy
Fizzy

This is absolutely a signatur fragrance. Very, very special and charakteristic smell. I guess, Fifi Chachnil personally wear it! The parfum is definitely she. It was created from Jean Guichard, who created LouLou also. Worthy every penny, very longlasting. Something for blonde women. Expensive. I don´t buy it for this price (70 ml EDP for 95 €) and actually it isn´t my kind of fragrance. It´s sharp for me, I like it sweet!
Prettiest bottle ever!

teddito
teddito

Makes you feel strong and confident.It is true this stuff has a big masculine touch, but in a feminie way, if it can be said so.
The top notes are bright and agressive,mix of coriander and lemon.There is a rose, but dry, rocky one.I feel some vetiver too though not listed as a note.
The dry down is superb,amber and pipe tobacco..Feels very, very french and elegant.

Mizz K
Mizz K

Sampled this from luckyscent.com. Trust me, I REALLY wanted to love this one because the bottle is absolutely gorgeous.

When sniffing the sample vial it smells much better than on my skin so I think it has to do with skin chemistry. On me it smells very strong and spicy, almost like a mens cologne. I did not pick up any of the citrus notes on my skin but I can definately smell them in the sample. The tobacco note was VERY strong on me which I did not like at all. It had no sweetness to it and it was too strong and overpowering for me.

It is quite expensive so I recommend getting a sample first. I am sure that this would smell lovely on someone with the right skin chemistry.

Contessa01
Contessa01

This is really gorgeous, very sexy, has a strong tobacco note which is really nice combined with the citrus and coriander. It is expensive maybe sample before you buy. some say they think it smells like bug spray which personally I dont think is the case but might be worth sampling first. I really love this hope to get a full bottle soon.

libertybelle
libertybelle

I get the citrus and coriander at the opening. Opens fresh. Less crazy about the coriander as it settles, wish the other notes were more prominent. With wear, the rose does come forward. Softens too which is good though I don't find this an overly heavy fragrance. It's on the low end of like for me, since I don't care for that much coriander in my fragrances.

Fifi Chachnil by Fifi Chachnil 4.22 out of 5 based on 143 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fifi Chachnil Fifi Chachnil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Fifi Chachnil Fifi Chachnil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fifi Chachnil by Fifi Chachnil. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fifi Chachnil by Fifi Chachnil represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.