Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Elite Floris for men

Elite Floris for men
dislike

Elite Floris for men Pictures

Elite by Floris is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Elite was launched in 1980. Top notes are bergamot, virginia cedar, grapefruit, juniper and petitgrain; middle notes are fir, lavender and bay leaf; base notes are amber, oakmoss, musk, patchouli, vetiver, cedar and leather.

Bergamot Virginia Cedar Grapefruit Juniper Petitgrain

Fir Lavender Bay Leaf

Amber Oakmoss Musk Patchouli Vetiver Cedar Leather

Open
Arboretum

Elite Fragrance Reviews

fuggerone
fuggerone

a classic barbershop fougere, but with very low duration and sillage, markedly overpriced for its poor performance, once over the bottle won't be replaced...

Redbeard
Redbeard

I was ready for another rant, since I hated this stuff beyond words on the last few wearings, but it just isn't bothering me as much this time. Floris Elite spawns out of the mud as a sharp, anisy, 80s-style tobacco powerhouse, though admittedly without that one screaming lemon topnote that they used to use sometimes. It's got some green, but it's a minty green...more like spearmint than peppermint, which helps, but I still don't think it's necessary. It has the dusty, rustic hay-like notes of VCA Tsar or Aramis Devin, or more specifically Nicolai's oddball Vie de Chateau, but with more wood and smoke than green. As the smoke gets stronger, I remember it now: envisioning a stale ashtray in an old woman's apartment that had accumulated years of old-style perfume residue and talcum powder. For a while in the mid notes, I do find some reasonably convincing incense, but as the smoke gets more sour and less sweet, the ashtray is inescapable. By the base notes, nothing else is left. Hermessence Vetiver Tonka did this to me alongside its nutty notes, as did VdC and Tsar to a lesser extent, but I can't think of any other scent that just screams "I'm not wearing cologne but I'm a bigtime chain-smoker" as much as Floris Elite. It's not as bad as I remembered, but still not really useable for me. I'm sure it would be great in a gentlemen's club a hundred years ago, with rich, well-dressed men smoking countless cigars and swilling brandy, sweating in their pompous army uniforms.

Floris Elite is such a unique fragrance that it may take a few wearings to become accustomed to it. It strikes me as a fragrance that relies quite heavily on skin chemistry, as I have discovered many notes missing on my skin.

Elite smells woodsy, warm and masculine. The lavender accord is spicy and herbaceous, with the petitgrain providing a hint of green bitterness. The grapefruit accord is also prominent, however when blended with the bay leaf and fir notes, it smells very much like stale tobacco on my skin.

I do like the way Floris Elite smells on my skin, even if my chemistry isn't right for it. However I must admit that it is a very masculine scent, something that would smell even better on a man.

Like most Floris fragrances, Elite is geared towards a more mature crowd. Elite is the scent of a distinguished, successful man, not a young, flirtatious boy. In that retrospect, Elite is the perfect name for this scent.

Elite has good projection and is relatively long-lasting. I'm not usually one to recommend layering scents, but with Elite I think it would be well worth investing in the matching soaps and aftershave balms. This fragrance would make an excellent signature scent.

msanders1
msanders1

I bought this blind as Floris London has a sale on and received it today so here are my early impressions. A lovely hit of citrus, juniper and petitgrain starts you off which then moves nicely into a lavender note with some fir to make it interesting. This is a proper classy scent, not like the generic stuff churned out by the fashion houses. It's a lovely dry, woody green smell. There is proper 'know how' in Floris juice. I recommend anyone try them if they're looking for something classy and non generic.

Dainius
Dainius

I could not be considered as expert of fragrances, but, Floris aftershave Elite is one of the best, comparing with ones which I had used earlier. This fragrance demonstrates very professional work of Floris house. Floris fragrances help create style, but, remember, the style is not the same as fashion. Yes, it is worth every pound.

I don't know what type of elite they were referring to at Floris, but this is anything but elitist. A so and so concoction of citruses and aromatic herbs laying on a mossy/woody base enriched by vetiver and hints of tuberose. I also get a barberhop vibe that in this context gives an unpleasant feel of aging. A fragrance of very very little interest.

Yerdan
Yerdan

Upon suggestion by a very nice and outstandingly competent member here I blind bought this. And I must say Floris Elite is worth every buck.
The opening is flowery and joyful, the juniper and the grapefruit give it a slightly bitter but very warm note. It has something a bit old fashioned, but in a dignified way, like a good old British oldtimer car. It is not arrogant and not even specially sexy.
With time the bitterness grows, lavender but foremost fir bring a serious note. Nostalgia, the old times were exquisite, but are gone now.
The drydown on my skin is more common, basically musk and patchouli, it conserves a bitter sweetness. The lavender loses more and more its capacity to keep everything dynamic. With time the scent is more and more unisex.
I would recommend Elite to men above 30 who don't need a fragrance to disseminate information about their hormonal excellence, and who prefer one which tells about their intelligence, kindness, humour, culture, and a slight general sadness which comes with knowing the workings of life.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Floris Elite fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Floris Elite, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elite by Floris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elite by Floris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.