Designers » F-H » Citrus « Groups

Limes Floris for women and men

Limes Floris for women and men
dislike

Limes Floris for women and men Pictures

Limes is a classic fragrance, composed in the second half of the 19th ct.

It is a fresh, citrusy, floral fragrance for women and men. A vibrant note of lemon is surrounded with petit grain (citrus leaves) and it leads into a fresh, floral heart of linden blossom, neroli and lily of the valley on a musky base. Limes was launched in 1832.

Amalfi Lemon Petitgrain

Lime (Linden) Blossom Lily-of-the-Valley Neroli

Musk

Lime Blossom

Limes Fragrance Reviews

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

This certainly lives up to it's name - opens with a big bright citrus, strong on the lime. This lasted much longer than citrus typically does on me, it was a good 30 minutes before it began to fade and the linden appeared. Unlike the citrus, the linden is very soft and it becomes a skin scent at this stage, but it lasts well. I didn't get the neroli in this, and there was just a hint of lily of the valley. I wouldn't have thought that linden would pair well with such a strong citrus, but this fragrance makes it work very well.

evacecilias
evacecilias

Looovely lemon hits you !!!
Gone in 60 seconds...
Left is a very light linden blossom and week lily of the valley.
Sad cause the notes are so well composed...

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A refreshing quite pure lime frag..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1.5 hours- 6 inch projection with 1 foot sillage trails. This is all about the lime with other notes very distant, if you look hard enough you get a hint of pettigrain etc. I was intrigued to try this frag which first came out in 1832 and surpised how modern it felt - I then thought it through and realised it's a timeless aroma

1.5 hours - 4 hours- 3 inch projection. Becomes more diluted on the skin

4 hours - 6 hours. Close to skin and a femine musk drydown intertwines with the dimmering lime. Some soapiness.

I recommend this frag to the purist citrus lovers out there, like myself

It is not very complex yet it is well made

Not much more to be said about this one! Simples

Good

spartan
spartan

I have been wearing this for about an hour now, and it's starting to fad A bit.
I love the old school lime smell, it's really done well with an opening burst of lemon first!
Old school English Barbershop scent, I will give this juice A full day test run tomorrow.
The Musk is just starting to come out now as I write this, man this is good smelling.
I want to add an old school lime fragrance to my collection but I still need to test A few more before pulling the trigger on one.
Anyone have any recommendations?

Redbeard
Redbeard

Trying to recall the other English lime scents as best I can while doing this, the Floris is probably closest to Trumpers. It's right away the driest, dustiest of these old-style EdCs, and has a bit of the sharp herbs of Wellington or Blenheim, though it's admittedly a bit hard to tell where the fresh lime rind sharpness ends and the herbal sharpness begins. I also think there's a trace of the florals that I associate with the less "barbershoppy" English houses (i.e. Floris and Penhaligons), which sometimes feminizes them a tiny bit. I don't think it maintains its lime identity very well, though. Trumpers dies off quickly but remains pure, and Truefitt is sweetened up a bit and strengthened with synthetics but is still clearly lime. The Floris dies off and degenerates into dust, with a bit of popcorny-smelling wood at the very end.

[email protected]
elvisstu@hotmail.com

nice citrus freshness I put it on this morning at 8:15am it's now 12:45pm and I can still smell it (just). it's a bit expensive & I have nicer longer lasting scents for less outlay so I would reconsider about buying it again. but on a snob factor it is a nice feeling to have a Floris product your skin.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

Opens with a green, tart lemon accompanied by petitgrain. It's refreshing, for a hot summer day especially.

However, this uplifting citrusey scent only lasts no more than 10 minutes on my skin, even with 5-6 sprays. Even the musk at the base is faint...considering the price, I wouldn't recommend it. It's simply too weak.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Basically a clean, fresh, lime fragrance that dries into a Lily of the Valley/white musk essence. Very light, very clean, and very nice. Expect about 15 minutes of longevity, as this is a pure citrus/musk essence. Meant for immediately after a shower or bath.

Sissi
Sissi

I just love the Lemon Lime opening an zesty beginning dries lovely to an delicate watery scent of Lily of the Vally
hidden among the rocks with it's gentile
scent and the subtle musk dry down.

it's more of a pleasant and Diluted Version of Eau de Guerlian which it's a very power citrus aromatic fragrance
that uses to much on mint and smelled like Mint Tooth Paste.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

Beautiful fresh and long-lasting.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Floris Limes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Floris Limes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Limes by Floris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Limes by Floris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.