Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Madonna of the Almonds Floris for women
dislike

almond
Madonna of the Almonds Floris for women Pictures

Madonna of the Almonds is a limited edition fragrance from Floris, inspired by the book of the same name by Marina Fiorato. Fresh citrus notes of bergamot and lime blend with almond blossom, jasmine and bitter almond. It also features sweet vanilla and a secret fruity – spicy mix, laid on a base of incense, sandalwood and musk.

it is available as 100 ml EDP. Madonna of the Almonds was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Shelagh Foyle.

Bergamot Lemon

Jasmine Almond Almond Blossom Fruity Notes Spices Vanille

Musk Sandalwood Incense

Amande Honorable
Betrothal

Madonna of the Almonds Fragrance Reviews

lilalina
lilalina

I expected an Almond scent hence the name suggest, instead it was surpisingly floral, very light. Lovely though not what I expected..

shushkin
shushkin

I was a bit concerned about the negative reviews on here but I decided to buy it anyway as it was going for a song in the Floris sale and all their fragrance smell of quality. It open ups citrusy, sweet and fruity but as the alcohol evaporates it calms to a softly spicey floral/almond combo. If there was a bit of artemesia in there as well then I would say it was a possible dupe for Amouage Sunshine. The dry down is a gorgeous soft flowery almond. It is really close to being a gourmand fragrance. Its so very feminine. I realise now that many could think that this smells just like the many of the generic, girly sweet friuchoulis that flood the fragrance market these days, but no it still manages to smell expensive/sophisticated which is quite an accomplishment to say the least.
I am testing this in a cool room so I think it might be rather too potent in very warm conditions. I would say to wear it on a cool/cold days. The sillage is a moderate as is the longevity. Its definitely worth a punt.

Jamiljames
Jamiljames

I purchased this perfume recently. To me it smells very tropical and so would be well suited to a hot summers day. I feel this can be worn on a man also. I would rate this as a great fragrance to wear during hot days in the UK (we seem to get so few though)
If I was to fault this creation I would say that it smells almost similar to a tropical fruit squash. There is almost like a hair shampoo smell to it. Despite this I still think its a great perfume.

Viaggio
Viaggio

The island of Sicily is a sombre and mystic place. And so, this perfume might be disappointing for those who expect flowery and light notes. In my memory, Sicily scents bitter almonds, oranges, olive groves, figue cactuses and Oleander seaming the roads, stones and dried grass covering sunbaked hills. Meat and fish in the markets.
This perfume is all this. The citrus notes are bitter, like mandarine, orange zest and lemon. There seems to be a substantial undertone of musc, a faint hint at vanilla, all this is rounded and harmonized by the aroma of bitter almond blossom.
Read Tomasi di Lampedus's "Il Gattopardo", see Roberto Rossellini's "Viaggio in Italia", "Cinema Paradiso" by Giuseppe Tornatore, and, not to forget, "The Godfather" by Coppola. If you love those you will love this perfume.

Strappyshoo
Strappyshoo

From reading rhe reviews I don't know what everyone else is smelling, but it can't be the same perfume that I am?! This smells wonderful on me, so much so that I bought it specifically to wear on my wedding day. It was a perfect fit for a beautiful late summer day. This fragrance smells of hope, sunshine and oranges (!) and I felt absolutely wonderful wearing it. I haven't worn it very much since that day but I think that's because it is now a special memory scent and I want to keep it so.

evagargon
evagargon

What an amazing name and what an awful mess. I visioned a Fellini movie where a Madonna will bless you with an almond praline rain, instead I got a musty and powdery ride that ended in NADA. Where is the almond? Where is the Jasmine?
How this company is still in business is beyond my comprehension, terrible formulas, boring compositions, mess, mess, MESS. Like the Queen of Hearts would say: Off with their heads!

9-na
9-na

It is a cultured, nice almond that has good manners and all the other things beside the almond - on me. An English lady is thinking about going into her English garden and... everything's too calm. Not my scent, but it is nice.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I must say I was hoping for more from this scent, especially given this house. It was a lot of powdery sweet almonds in the start but they vanished rapidly and it became spices with a weird citrus twist. Not what I wanted from it at all, I will stick with Cinema for an almond scent.

I like the scent of almonds and the name was so promising, but to me the scent was disappointing. It goes into another citrusy and musky direction. I couldn't even detect almonds.

sky76sky
sky76sky

The oddest blend of brand-new fruity brightness mixed with the slow-clock past.

Sugary lime cordial, dilute orange squash, a touch of bergamot atop still stale water which gathers rings around a heavy crystal glass. Ornate blossoms with soured stems. Old dressing table drawers made from quality wood, dry, dusty slightly spicey, slightly musty containing metallic compacts & once mouldy, peeling drawer liners.

A heavy, tired jasmine is too slow to make the party & drifts around the background allowing the bitter almond to front the show, wallowing in a sweet, golden, fruity mist.

This is not a comfortable perfume for me & not one that I take to readily. In fact I was sorely disappointed by this offering - in my head it was a super scent! A signature scent!

Floris have created some beautiful floral fragrances & Bouquet de La Reine is a gorgeous grown-up floral-fruity that knocks Madonna into a cocked hat. There is a similarity in the sandalwood base, but where La Reine is joyful & vibrant Madonna is melancholic & disjointed - an aging starlet of excellent pedigree, living alone in a decaying mansion, drunk on cocktails, hair askew.

On paper it looks like heaven...to test it is fascinating & unusual, watery & dilute.....yet, for me, somehow very uncomfortable to wear.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Floris Madonna of the Almonds fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Floris Madonna of the Almonds, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Madonna of the Almonds by Floris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Madonna of the Almonds by Floris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.