Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Malmaison Floris for women
dislike

cinnamon
Malmaison Floris for women Pictures

Malmaison is one of the most famous fragrances of the old English house of Floris (founded in 1730). The perfume aims at women and it is based on a very modern carnation Malmaison. This sort originates from France, but a great success in its cultivation was reached in Britain. Carnation was placed in vases, worn as a decoration both by men and women. Oscar Wilde was a big fan of the Malmaison sort.

Top notes of this warm floral-spicy fragrance is cinnamon, cloves and lemon. A heart encompasses Malmaison carnation, rose and ylang. Base notes comprise cedar, musk, patchouli and vanilla.

Malmaison by Floris was created in the first half of the 19th ct. and reconstructed in 2000. It is available as EDT 100ml and belongs to collection of classic fragrances by the house of Floris.

Cinnamon Clove Amalfi Lemon

Carnation Rose Ylang-Ylang

Virginia Cedar Musk Patchouli Vanilla

Comme des Garcons Series 2 Red: Carnation
Terracotta Voile d'Ete

Malmaison Fragrance Reviews

rockegg
rockegg

I happen to love the scent of carnations. I would prefer the clove in this to be toned down a bit because it does dominate. I can imagine Malmaison being a wonderful soap - very refreshing and invigorating. An interesting and unique person would wear this.

As time went on it became more and more like a traditional masculine scent on me.

healthgirl
healthgirl

I found this this after ran out of my last bottle of Golçonda (Jar House in Paris), which was my favourite until it just became too, too expensive. Floris' Malmaison is a great second, but now I cannot find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love this scent!

airubgirl
airubgirl

This was gifted to me on my first trip to England. My mom-in-law loves Floris and it was a must see shop whilst there.

On to this fragrance. I picked this one due to it's warmth and uniqueness. It doesn't smell like every other concotion out there. It is spicy and floral without being too sweet or dry/earthy.

Opening notes are very spicy, almost masculine in nature, but as it melds into the heart the rose and carnation really come to the forefront and sweeten things up. As it developes further into the final drydown the cedar and musk become key players, but it maintains the carnation accord throughout the entire experience. It is slighty softened with a hint of vanilla and I do mean a hint, nothing sweet or gourmand, but just enough to round it out. Sillage is average and longevity is nothing remarkable, but an amazing fragrance while it lasts.

I could definitely see either sex wearing this as it's not overly sweet or overly spicy. I treasure my bottle both for the memories of that trip to London and because it is no longer available!

sgiammic
sgiammic

I wear this perfume when I want to feel bold, when I need a little secret encouragement. It's partly the wonderful association with Oscar Wilde, and partly the smell of the perfume itself. It is very spicy while at the same time very floral. The floral elements are somehow not at all sweet. It's beautifully composed but I admit that I did not like it at first -- usually I go for soft, airy and floral -- this is is strong and unusual. And sometimes strong and unusual is just the pick-me-up we all need. I love this perfume and I'm sad that it's no longer available. It is old-school in the gumption way, not in the stuffy way. I feel lucky to wear it!

babsyfish
babsyfish

I was eager to try this one after reading about it on Now Smell This's 100 Must-Try list. Of course, being discontinued, it's almost impossible to find. The Perfumed Court currently has affordable vintage samples. After reading all the pomp-and-circumstance, though, I can't say I was very impressed. The humble carnation is actually my favorite flower, but Malmaison just does not capture that sprightly green undertone of fresh ones. In fact, what comes out on me is a kind of dead carnation funk. The flower-vase-bong-water-effect. Hey--doesn't "malmaison" mean "sick house"? Hmm... Seeing how rare and regaled it is, I am glad I tried it and urge anyone to at least give it that shot. It might work for someone else.

adele l
adele l

kind of spicy, intensified carnation. Not a fan of the strong clove note- it is different from the usual though, this is the vintage formulation and has a lot of depth. Not sweet at all!
I will say that every representation of carnation is an ideal..just got a bunch of large, fragrant carnations and they have a sulphurous note which reminds me of bad breath- i much prefer malmaison!

efm
efm

I cherish the last few drops of the old formulation. It was dense and multi layered with a hit of spice, complexity built. It was a stayer.
The new formulation is pleasant.

Leesee
Leesee

(This review is for the reformulated Malmaison; I once had occasion to sniff the older version, and I found it darker and more complex than the current version.) Floris' recent version of Malmaison is an effervescent carnation syrup on a foundation of cinnamon and saccharine. This is fine perfume repurposed as diet soda. After the first few sips you realize that no matter how good the beverage tastes, it still has no substance.

Malmaison by Floris 4.41 out of 5 based on 34 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Floris Malmaison fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Floris Malmaison, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Malmaison by Floris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Malmaison by Floris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.