Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Santal Floris for men

Santal Floris for men
dislike

Santal Floris for men Pictures

Santal opens with bitter notes of bergamot and lemon, which rise out of green grass freshness and spicy notes of black pepper, cloves, green cardamom and nutmeg. Warmth of spices stands in opposition with aromatic freshness of lavender. Sensual wood, incense, musk and vanilla are in base notes. Santal was launched in 2002.

Bergamot Pepper Cardamom Grass Amalfi Lemon

Clove Lavender Nutmeg

Amber Virginia Cedar Olibanum Musk Sandalwood Vetiver Vanilla

Envy for Men

Santal Fragrance Reviews

ahmedzkhan
ahmedzkhan

Agree entirely with review of 'guest_club' (second to last review). Would also add that is a near perfect, masculine scent that can be worn from day to nite and would fit in everywhere. Also, like most of Floris' scents, great siliage and longevity.

Wow! I got this fragrance instantly and that's saying something because it goes on a distinctive journey.
Opens with lavender and lemon with a soapy spice of cardamom which remains but settles back after a minute or so. Then waves of boozy coconut, nutmeg and black pepper. Then the kick of the spicy woods in the base with some olibanum in there...it's awesome!
'Sandalwood done right.'...
is my opinion on this, it's just a masterful composition which clicks with me.
I have to say it's instantly similar to Gucci Envy, a scent I sorely miss but Floris Santal might just be even better. It's not strong and performance is pretty average but I can live with that. It seems a little classier and more refined to my nose but I'm going off memory as I haven't smelled Envy in years now. I certainly wouldn't pay Ebay prices for a bottle these days, just get this.
I'm getting this, no doubt about it.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A smooth, intimate sandalwood fragrance with a peper twist...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

o - 3 hours - 6 inch light projection with wider sillage trails. This takes 30 seconds or so to materialise but soon the sandalwood comes to the fore with a twist - I had to smell close to the skin but got a blast of very clear and well done black pepper. The sandalwood is smooth and the purist will like it

3 hours - 5 hours - 3 inch projection with wider sillage trails. This frag gets smoother as time goes on

5 hours - 6.5 hours- Close to skin.

This frag is well made.

Lovers of Creed Santal may like this if they want something a little more intimate.

Lovers of sandalwood may like this as it offers a slightly different slant with the pepper

Very Unisex

Not bad

xopreciseox
xopreciseox

70% spicy pina colada. Literally smells like a pina colada with some spices on top and a fresh wedge of pineapple on the glass. With a good amount of unsweetened bacardi.

30% mild shaving cream. Basically rive gauche on the (drydown).

Amazing fragrance! 4 sprays, medium/heavy projection, 8 hour longevity.

Only sweet fragrance that doesn't give me a headache. Versatile, anywhere, anyseason. Signature scent worthy. Buy it!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

The first time I smelled this heavenly scent, i was in the elevator with Placido Domingo who was on his way to a performance. He was sumptuously dressed in a tuxedo with diamond buttons. But, what I remember most about meeting him is how good he smelled. I couldn't resist asking him what scent he was wearing. I could not imagine what divine scent it was - what would one of the best opera singers of our time, one of the most elegantly dressed men I've ever seen wear?? It was Floris Santal. The rich sandalwood and warmth exudes elegance and fit him to a T.

Windy1971
Windy1971

Used to love santal extreme, but for some reason they stopped producing it
But still nice fragrance

Redbeard
Redbeard

A lot of people like this one among sandalwood scents, but to me it's really an odd mix. Of all the sweet, vanillic sandalwoods, I recall thinking that this stuff takes the cake, going beyond the sweet concoctions of Trumpers Sandalwood and Truefitt Spanish Leather, though I'm not getting that as much this time. The opening is still reassuringly sharp, but with a very christmas-wreath sharpness and some leather underneath. There's a period in the mid notes where I find a surprisingly smooth and suave nutmeg, without its usual bite, and this fits nicely over the coniferous wreath notes. This phase is like a more refined and balanced Rocabar, with less vanilla. I thought I remembered cherry cough syrup emerging from the forest notes last time, but now I'm only getting smooth and slightly medicinal wood. Finally it hits me, though: some kind of unearthly mango or banana, the same that appears in spades in Lucky Number 6, making a sort of fruity oriental over the wood. It's much more restrained here, though, and doesn't upset the overall balance. If I didn't recognize this surprising connection, and a sudden similarity to Gucci Envy in the final base notes, I'd have just said Floris Santal is an unnaturally sweet woody oriental. Since I found those links, though, and especially the fruit component, I've warmed up to it as if I suddenly got where the scent is coming from.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I finally got my hands on a beautiful bottle of Floris Santal.. My interest in Floris Santal started when I was seeking a replacement for my beloved Gucci Envy.. Well my bottle came today and it is gorgeous.. Beautiful clear glass bottle with a light greenish colored juice.. Without hesitation I got ready to go out and I sprayed it on.. I immediately noticed not only is it similar to Envy but it smells amazing! From the initial blast, you can tell that this fragrance is very good quality and it has a lot going on.. It is far from just sandalwood like the name would suggest.. It is a gorgeous green cocktail of spices, woods, olibanum, and a hint of citrus.. Both Santal and Envy contain a lot of different notes, some are the same and some differ.. But overall they are very close to each other.. Envy is stronger, richer, and darker.. Envy contains alot of incense which gives it a darker feel.. Santal is like a lighter, brighter version of Envy.. The two are very very similar! Santal smells like an exotic love potion for men.. It smells sexy, but classy and sophisticated.. It has decent projection and longevity.. I feel great wearing this and I am happy I have found a great replacement for Envy!

I agree that Floris Santal shares some similarities with Gucci Envy for Men, however it appears to have its own distinctive personality rather than being just a copy.

Santal is a smooth, spicy sandalwood fragrance. Definitely unisex, although marketed to men. Like Gucci Envy for Men, Santal is a tad sweet, with a delectable array of notes including, clove, cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla and lavender. On my female skin, the nutmeg, sandalwood, vanilla and cardamom are the most dominant accords.

The drydown is surprisingly creamy, a delicate, sandalwood infused finish that wears beautifully on the skin. The sillage may not be as strong as Gucci Envy for Men, but I'm rather enjoying this lighter alternative.

Seeing that Floris has named this fragrance Santal, you may be forgiven for expecting to smell a simplistic sandalwood based scent. The complexity and varying layers may come as a bit of a shock.

Floris Santal is fast becoming one of my favourites from this niche brand. Oddly enough I have begun exploring Floris by testing their masculine scents first. I can happily say that I have been more than impressed. On a finishing note, the longevity is superb and the projection soft yet pleasing.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Floris - Santal

A beautiful spicy opening with touches of grass and lemon.

What i liked previously became something simple, with nothing amazing nor different - a designer fragrance dna i can get here.

Sandalwood?! Not at all - a simple touch only on dry very very soft.

Sorry.

williamvargas
williamvargas

wonderful..bottle worthy for me. excellent spicy woody and elegant man scent..very nice, two thumbs up, have been wanting to try this for awhile, was not dissapointed..truly a scent for gentlemen..
reminds me of a very soapy aromatic barbershop type of vibe...very nice and elegant.
with a bit of a sweeter vibe to it.. a nice starched shirt or a very elegant man..a true class act.of a fragrance. you will like the man that wears this. truly is a beautiful fragrance for a man to wear very sophisticated.

juancar_66
juancar_66

Is it posible to buy in Spain ???
Es posible adquirirlo en España ???

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with a watery lemon which quickly gives way to a cardamom and nutmeg with a slight hint of vanille. It gets soft and spicy with the pepper and clove mixing in with the ingredients.

I find this very refined and restrained and would make a perfect office or anytime and anywhere fragrance. It smells really nice and I love the soft spice which is the "star accord" within this fragrance. The only thing I wish is that the volume of the fragrance was slightly turned up as it does feel too quiet for its own good. Nice fragrance though.

Gucci Envy For Men anyone? A nice fresh/spicy oriental composition that's way too similar to the previously mentioned fragrance (except for the ginger). While you can still have the "original" there're no reasons to choose Floris Santal, but it could become a good replacement as Gucci Envy for Men has just been discontinued and it probably will become unavailable in the near future.

Rating: 5.5/10

guest_club
guest_club

An absolutely superb scent! I fell in love with it's overall warmth and unmistakable masculine allure. If you're looking for a classic, but not dated, men's scent this is it. It's better suited to winter like most warm, sandalwood scents, but I find it pleasant year round. It has long lasting power (up to 6 hours) and even longer on clothes. I have changed recently to something lighter (Terre d'Hermes) only for the sake of change, but to me, Floris Santal is THE way a gentleman should smell.

krisiu
krisiu

Quite silmilar to Gucci Envy (Homme) IMO. Truely spicy. Very long lasting and very nice

Santal by Floris 4.33 out of 5 based on 96 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Floris Santal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Floris Santal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Santal by Floris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Santal by Floris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.