Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Santal Floris for men

Santal Floris for men
dislike

Santal Floris for men Pictures

Santal opens with bitter notes of bergamot and lemon, which rise out of green grass freshness and spicy notes of black pepper, cloves, green cardamom and nutmeg. Warmth of spices stands in opposition with aromatic freshness of lavender. Sensual wood, incense, musk and vanilla are in base notes. Santal was launched in 2002.

Bergamot Pepper Cardamom Grass Amalfi Lemon

Santal Fragrance Reviews

2ScentsWorth
2ScentsWorth

Stunning!

This is beautiful from the first spray. There is a hint of lemon at the start, but you are greeted with a spicy sandalwood aroma as soon at it hits your skin. The spiciness (in particular the cloves)fades quickly but never vanishes. The combination of the lavender and cardamom give this an almost soapy quality, while the faint spices keep it from being dull. This has tremendous longevity (about 7hrs; winter 15oC), great projection (arms length after several hours) and mesmerising delicate sillage. It is very inviting, and draws admiring compliments in just about any setting. I have noticed that if I spray this on my shirt, the spiciness remains much longer, so if you want more of this character, one spray on a cuff or collar will do wonders. On your clothes (cotton) it will last 15hours

Toward the end of the day the sandalwood and lavender remains dominant and with the vanilla becoming more prominent. Eventually, the cloves, nutmeg and pepper nuances disappear.

I recently wore it to the gym (after 8hrs work) and inspite of my perspiration it smelled very alluring - by that stage it was a soapy sandalwood scent.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Got a sample from lucky scent..oh this is the BEST lavender and sandalwood scent I have EVER hot my nose on. Period.
I want to know if it has ever been reformulated?
I ask because the bottle has changed . I think this could really get a lot of love if more people knew about it. Amazing scent !

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

Amazing complimented getting scent. Gentlemanly scent

nero77
nero77

Creamy, Woody, Spicy...

I love this one. After only trying it a short while I have begun to really appreciate it. It's a wonderful mix here, a blend of creamy sandalwood and peppery woods and amber. A mix of cardamom, cloves and vanilla to compliment the lovely wood composition. Incredibly nice smelling too! I received a compliment whilst wearing it!

I think this is one which would be fantastic on a well dressed man. It is a refined, elegant mix and works well in both warm and cool weather. I highly recommend it, and in my opinion could also be a signature scent. I can see the similarities with Gucci Envy for Men (which I used to own), but this one is both smoother and creamier. It is more subtle and that is one aspect I like about it, as if the exotic nature of the woods and spices have been tamed and refined. A very very good fragrance. I will enjoy this one a lot.

theaveragecologneguy
theaveragecologneguy

Floris Santal Review:

This fragrance starts of with a fairly subdued spicy opening. The spiciness comes from the cardamom mixed with a hint of pepper. Just like with everything else in this scent, the pepper never feels brash or abrasive to your senses. Sitting behind this spicy concoction is just a little bit of citrus.

The opening then leads into a soft lavender mid, with a creamy sandalwood base. It amazingly accomplishes all of this with a fresh airiness to it all. It's a beautiful fragrance in it's simplicity and is one of my absolute favorites.

This is one of the fragrances that gets compared to the classic Gucci Envy on occasion. From what I have tried, this is the smell that reminds me of Envy the most. It just so happens, that for my personal tastes, I actually prefer this one. It has a lighter and brighter smell to it than Gucci. This is a perfect fragrance to add to your Fall and Spring Rotations. Also, if you find the Extreme version I would definitely pick it up. It's a bit stronger than the original and would be quite a find.

Best Age Group- 30+
Best Season(s)- Fall/Spring
Occasions- Formal, Work, Casual
Projection/Sillage- Moderate
Longevity- 7 Hours
Smell- 10/10
Overall- 10/10

YouTube Channel: theaveragecologneguy

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

An amazing fragrance which does remind me of Gucci Envy, although I haven't had my sniffer on that scent for more than ten years. Santal has a little bit of everything. Spice - clove, ginger and cardamom. Fruity/citrus notes - lemon, lime and lychee. Warmth - this scent excudes a cozy and sexy heat from sandalwood and lavender, the kind of warmth that makes a woman think "...no matter what happens tonight I just want to be close to you..." - this makes Santal a damn sexy fragrance with a little bit of a classical/barbershop vibe.

A first class fragrance fit for a true gent. I like the reviewer that says she smelled this on Placido Domingo - I can totally imagine him wearing this...

matthew369
matthew369

THIS DESERVES FAR MORE HYPE THAN IT GETS!!! beautiful. smells classy and like a gentleman without any "dated" notes

Platinum1
Platinum1

A review, feedback and thank-you for those who suggested this stunning sandalwood and subtle spice scent. I rate this handsome Brit in the same elite league as other masterpieces on my shelf such as Endymion, Lumiere Noire, Gris Clair etc. Charismatic and bright in his brief sparkling citrus and bergamot greeting. Santal is a charming guest with a soft sandal and tastefully sweet vanilla in his company your nose will linger a long time. Never cloying keeping the right amount of clove and enviable natural spice of interest in his gentlemanly sillage. Often compared to another nineties classic this creamy drydown to my nose resembles a more refined cousin to the classic Italian D&G PH and that is a true perfume compliment to both! I admire scents such as this that are both discreet in their presence but still very confident in the image they project. This is a genuine must have in any sophisticated gents wardrobe.
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Score - Yes, 10/10 for my taste.

josevancouver
josevancouver

As the weather cools, I am wearing this more (I bought bottles of Floris Honey Oud and Floris Santal a few months ago)and I love this scent. It is a sexy, spicy fragrance that is great in cooler weather. Love the vanilla, lavender, spicy notes.

ahmedzkhan
ahmedzkhan

An absolutely superb scent that exudes warmth and masculinity. If you're looking for a classic, but not dated, men's scent this is it. It's better suited to winter like most warm, sandalwood scents, but I find it pleasant year round. It starts off very nicely with sandalwood and a touch of clove. As it develops, the cedar appears, along with lite touches of cardamom and vanilla; the dry-down is a creamy combination of vanilla and sandalwood, but remains warm and elegant without ever getting sweet or powdery. I don't get any lemon or grass from this as the notes suggest, just sandalwood all the way thru. It can easily be worn from day to nite, fitting in everywhere. It has, like most of Floris' scents, great sillage and longevity and is for mine, THE way a gentleman should smell.

Wow! I got this fragrance instantly and that's saying something because it goes on a distinctive journey.
Opens with lavender and lemon with a soapy spice of cardamom which remains but settles back after a minute or so. Then waves of boozy coconut, nutmeg and black pepper. Then the kick of the spicy woods in the base with some olibanum in there...it's awesome!
'Sandalwood done right.'...
is my opinion on this, it's just a masterful composition which clicks with me.
I have to say it's instantly similar to Gucci Envy, a scent I sorely miss but Floris Santal might just be even better. It's not strong and performance is pretty average but I can live with that. It seems a little classier and more refined to my nose but I'm going off memory as I haven't smelled Envy in years now. I certainly wouldn't pay Ebay prices for a bottle these days, just get this.
I'm getting this, no doubt about it.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A smooth, intimate sandalwood fragrance with a peper twist...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

o - 3 hours - 6 inch light projection with wider sillage trails. This takes 30 seconds or so to materialise but soon the sandalwood comes to the fore with a twist - I had to smell close to the skin but got a blast of very clear and well done black pepper. The sandalwood is smooth and the purist will like it

3 hours - 5 hours - 3 inch projection with wider sillage trails. This frag gets smoother as time goes on

5 hours - 6.5 hours- Close to skin.

This frag is well made.

Lovers of Creed Santal may like this if they want something a little more intimate.

Lovers of sandalwood may like this as it offers a slightly different slant with the pepper

Very Unisex

Not bad

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

The first time I smelled this heavenly scent, i was in the elevator with Placido Domingo who was on his way to a performance. He was sumptuously dressed in a tuxedo with diamond buttons. But, what I remember most about meeting him is how good he smelled. I couldn't resist asking him what scent he was wearing. I could not imagine what divine scent it was - what would one of the best opera singers of our time, one of the most elegantly dressed men I've ever seen wear?? It was Floris Santal. The rich sandalwood and warmth exudes elegance and fit him to a T.

Windy1971
Windy1971

Used to love santal extreme, but for some reason they stopped producing it
But still nice fragrance

Redbeard
Redbeard

A lot of people like this one among sandalwood scents, but to me it's really an odd mix. Of all the sweet, vanillic sandalwoods, I recall thinking that this stuff takes the cake, going beyond the sweet concoctions of Trumpers Sandalwood and Truefitt Spanish Leather, though I'm not getting that as much this time. The opening is still reassuringly sharp, but with a very christmas-wreath sharpness and some leather underneath. There's a period in the mid notes where I find a surprisingly smooth and suave nutmeg, without its usual bite, and this fits nicely over the coniferous wreath notes. This phase is like a more refined and balanced Rocabar, with less vanilla. I thought I remembered cherry cough syrup emerging from the forest notes last time, but now I'm only getting smooth and slightly medicinal wood. Finally it hits me, though: some kind of unearthly mango or banana, the same that appears in spades in Lucky Number 6, making a sort of fruity oriental over the wood. It's much more restrained here, though, and doesn't upset the overall balance. If I didn't recognize this surprising connection, and a sudden similarity to Gucci Envy in the final base notes, I'd have just said Floris Santal is an unnaturally sweet woody oriental. Since I found those links, though, and especially the fruit component, I've warmed up to it as if I suddenly got where the scent is coming from.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I finally got my hands on a beautiful bottle of Floris Santal.. My interest in Floris Santal started when I was seeking a replacement for my beloved Gucci Envy.. Well my bottle came today and it is gorgeous.. Beautiful clear glass bottle with a light greenish colored juice.. Without hesitation I got ready to go out and I sprayed it on.. I immediately noticed not only is it similar to Envy but it smells amazing! From the initial blast, you can tell that this fragrance is very good quality and it has a lot going on.. It is far from just sandalwood like the name would suggest.. It is a gorgeous green cocktail of spices, woods, olibanum, and a hint of citrus.. Both Santal and Envy contain a lot of different notes, some are the same and some differ.. But overall they are very close to each other.. Envy is stronger, richer, and darker.. Envy contains alot of incense which gives it a darker feel.. Santal is like a lighter, brighter version of Envy.. The two are very very similar! Santal smells like an exotic love potion for men.. It smells sexy, but classy and sophisticated.. It has decent projection and longevity.. I feel great wearing this and I am happy I have found a great replacement for Envy!

I agree that Floris Santal shares some similarities with Gucci Envy for Men, however it appears to have its own distinctive personality rather than being just a copy.

Santal is a smooth, spicy sandalwood fragrance. Definitely unisex, although marketed to men. Like Gucci Envy for Men, Santal is a tad sweet, with a delectable array of notes including, clove, cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla and lavender. On my female skin, the nutmeg, sandalwood, vanilla and cardamom are the most dominant accords.

The drydown is surprisingly creamy, a delicate, sandalwood infused finish that wears beautifully on the skin. The sillage may not be as strong as Gucci Envy for Men, but I'm rather enjoying this lighter alternative.

Seeing that Floris has named this fragrance Santal, you may be forgiven for expecting to smell a simplistic sandalwood based scent. The complexity and varying layers may come as a bit of a shock.

Floris Santal is fast becoming one of my favourites from this niche brand. Oddly enough I have begun exploring Floris by testing their masculine scents first. I can happily say that I have been more than impressed. On a finishing note, the longevity is superb and the projection soft yet pleasing.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Floris - Santal

A beautiful spicy opening with touches of grass and lemon.

What i liked previously became something simple, with nothing amazing nor different - a designer fragrance dna i can get here.

Sandalwood?! Not at all - a simple touch only on dry very very soft.

Sorry.

williamvargas
williamvargas

wonderful..bottle worthy for me. excellent spicy woody and elegant man scent..very nice, two thumbs up, have been wanting to try this for awhile, was not dissapointed..truly a scent for gentlemen..
reminds me of a very soapy aromatic barbershop type of vibe...very nice and elegant.
with a bit of a sweeter vibe to it.. a nice starched shirt or a very elegant man..a true class act.of a fragrance. you will like the man that wears this. truly is a beautiful fragrance for a man to wear very sophisticated.

juancar_66
juancar_66

Is it posible to buy in Spain ???
Es posible adquirirlo en España ???

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with a watery lemon which quickly gives way to a cardamom and nutmeg with a slight hint of vanille. It gets soft and spicy with the pepper and clove mixing in with the ingredients.

I find this very refined and restrained and would make a perfect office or anytime and anywhere fragrance. It smells really nice and I love the soft spice which is the "star accord" within this fragrance. The only thing I wish is that the volume of the fragrance was slightly turned up as it does feel too quiet for its own good. Nice fragrance though.

Gucci Envy For Men anyone? A nice fresh/spicy oriental composition that's way too similar to the previously mentioned fragrance (except for the ginger). While you can still have the "original" there're no reasons to choose Floris Santal, but it could become a good replacement as Gucci Envy for Men has just been discontinued and it probably will become unavailable in the near future.

Rating: 5.5/10

guest_club
guest_club

An absolutely superb scent! I fell in love with it's overall warmth and unmistakable masculine allure. If you're looking for a classic, but not dated, men's scent this is it. It's better suited to winter like most warm, sandalwood scents, but I find it pleasant year round. It has long lasting power (up to 6 hours) and even longer on clothes. I have changed recently to something lighter (Terre d'Hermes) only for the sake of change, but to me, Floris Santal is THE way a gentleman should smell.

krisiu
krisiu

Quite silmilar to Gucci Envy (Homme) IMO. Truely spicy. Very long lasting and very nice

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Floris Santal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Floris Santal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Santal by Floris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Santal by Floris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.