Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Special 127 Floris for women and men

Special 127 Floris for women and men
dislike

Special 127 Floris for women and men Pictures Special 127 Floris for women and men Pictures

Special 127 by Floris is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Special 127 was launched in 1890. Top notes are bergamot, orange, lavender and petitgrain; middle notes are geranium, rose, ylang-ylang and neroli; base notes are patchouli and musk.

Bergamot Orange Lavender Petitgrain

Geranium Rose Ylang-Ylang Neroli

Patchouli Musk

Special 127 Fragrance Reviews

bronstein
bronstein

I tested this one yesterday on my wrist and it reminded me of Habit Rouge, although this one was on the market before, of course. Whether you regard it as "timeless" or "old fashioned" is a question of perception. However, I can't regard it as unisex, it's way too masculine. Needless to say, the quality of the scent as such is very good.

****

veda
veda

Evita's Peron perfume.

A brilliantly blended citrus aromatic from a true pedigree perfume maker.
The blend is perfect for me, Special 127 is a realistic, juicy, citrus which isn't too sharp, petitgrain and a hint of lavender. There's a white/yellow floral hint in there from ylang and neroli which adds a bit of body without being dominant and a hint of musk.
This is a perfectly balanced classic cologne (well EDT) fragrance which is light and effervesant. I can't really speak to performance because I hardly applied any and it lasted about as well as I'd expected...by that I mean...not very.
I'd say it's average juice but the citrus lasts quite well not just as top notes and changes on my skin.
Floris make some good fragrances and the price is very reasonable, I'd recommend 127...it's nice.

gzalvares
gzalvares

A true Cologne barbershop style! Opening sharp, refreshing, effervescent bergamot. Lavender and neroli give the floral clean tone. I believe it was inspiration for many fragrances that style as ADP Essenza. Excellent!

Redbeard
Redbeard

An Eau de Cologne with heavy emphasis on the components that I prefer to avoid. It has a sharper, more sour lemon than usual, sitting on top of a more powdery base than usual, so I assume there's probably a fair amount of iris. Starts out too sour, ends up too floral. It's a bit too feminine for me, though I would still call it unisex from a marketing perspective. Buy their Cefiro instead, which is fresher, with a crisp airiness. Also, Cefiro starts out weaker but has a slightly stronger base which disperses farther.

musk 777

هذا العطر للاستمتاع الشخصي
مكونات العطر اعجبتني جدا

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Bergamot is the leading lady from beginning to end of the show. A lady at work, who used a clothes spray laden with bergamot, passed my cubicle and asked me if that is my perfume "It's nice" she said although she is typically a nice unoffending lady. I found this bottle at Winners for $80 and immediately researched online for reviews. This is highly rated here so I finally had to try the juice. It is very citrusy and herbal. I wore this for about two weeks. I think it is well done but I don't think it suits me. When wearing this, I envision an English manor house with proper tea towels, tea sets, monogrammed bathroom towels, chaps and whips…with this scent wafting in the bathroom. Very elegant but I think better suited to an older English gentleman. Too herbal for me. The sillage also doesn't last very long. After two hours, I have to scrunch my nose into my arm to smell the scent. I think this is more reserved for perfumistas who have distinct classic tastes. If you like sweet grapefruit citrus, this is not for you.

Two sprays for me,
Sillage: About two feet on first two hours
Longevity: about four hours

I'm truly glad that I went to the effort of tracking down a sample of Floris Special 127. Citrus scents aren't usually my cup of tea, however this fragrance is more of a citrus aromatic, meaning that it's less sour and citrusy, and more herbal.

I find this fragrance quite unique, and easily unisex. It opens with an invigorating and green burst of bergamot, petit grain and soothing, masculine lavender. Oh, how I adore lavender! The lavender accord is what makes this fragrance so lovable.

The more this fragrance settles, the more herbaceous it becomes. A tart-like geranium accord works beautifully alongside the lavender and citrus. Concentrated rose oil can also be smelt, adding a rich floral texture.

On a really hot day, Floris Special 127 reaches its full potential. I quite enjoyed wearing this fragrance during the heat wave we experienced in February. It's one citrus scent that I find myself reaching for time and time again.

Not many perfume enthusiasts talk of Floris, and I personally think this needs to be remedied. It's a classic house with many quality scents on offer. Floris Special 127 is seriously underrated. I would say it's special indeed.

The only unfortunate thing about this fragrance is its lack of lasting power. Sometimes I can only manage three hours wear out of Floris Special 127. The lady whom I bought the sample from, encouraged me to layer this fragrance with bergamot essential oil to increase the longevity and to amp up the citrus notes. I am yet to try this, but I second her suggestion.

9-na
9-na

This is it, the smell of Guy Gisburne. Everything went splendidly well this time... but not for Robin Hood. Sir knight came out of the forest. He killed, he destroyed, he etc., because luck's not with heroes 24/7, what's for baddies, huh? So he came out of the forest, this antihero, named Gisburne. He smelled to the bone, but not of grass like Yesenin wrote (well... of grass too, if I count those kinds growing in the forest). He smelled of the forest, down to the whisper of trees, the land, the water, the light and the shade, yes. And he smelled of Robin Hood's blood that was drying up a bit on his sword. He smelled of horse skin that he wore, just like in the ballad. He smelled of sweat. I kinda don't know why, maybe killing isn't always an easy job for guys of gisburnes, or it's just the weather: a hot day, and sir Guy was in a hurry, to get out of the forest. To go where? To see her, of course. After all, there are other very rewarding ways in life, beside killing off robin hoods. So sir smelled the right way, the diagonal and what have you, nice and real. He walked, and the scent walked with him, sometimes getting ahead of the knight, sometimes riding him, sometimes lagging behind. And Gisburne picked a flower for his lady at the stream, and he took it to her, and did not lose it on the way. The flower got bruised a bit, but the knight tried hard, and held it as carefully as possible, but those gentle petals got drying blood, all the forest smells, the sweat, the horse skinness stuck to them anyway. The lady didn't find it a bad thing, though. She was glad to see the knight she loved, and the flower was a nice present to her. As for Robin Hood, dead and covering the flower with blood... something's telling me this lady thought that somebody else was a hero, not Robin.

erilika
erilika

I detected a kind of crazy sweetness that had been following me through out this fragrance. A green, floral, yet soft sweetness.

Not sure to say yes or no. Because 127 is dewy and intriguing due to the sweetness, but at the same time that sweetness keeps nagging me and driving me nuts.

perfumelover4u
perfumelover4u

This fragrance is very special to me indeed. I purchased it at a perfumerie in Cologne after mulling over countless fragrances to find the perfect scent. What a unique blend of fragrances. On my skin it smells slightly of incense, but with a clean, fresh edge.

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

Wonderfully fresh, clean fragrance. Has great staying power, even on a really humid day kept me feeling fresh all day. Definitely an all time classic. Citric but not sour. Fresh but not overly soapy. Unisex without smelling like a dumbed down aftershave.

Leesee
Leesee

Special 127 is a clean and invigorating scent in the vein of Jean Nate, but a bit more tart, with a lightly spicy drydown. I wore this during a particularly hot summer one year and it never, ever turned sour or "off" smelling. Both men and women should find this scent easy to wear and easy to like.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Floris Special 127 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Floris Special 127, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Special 127 by Floris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Special 127 by Floris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.