Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Vetiver Floris for women and men

Vetiver Floris for women and men
dislike

Vetiver Floris for women and men Pictures

Fragrance for men Vetiver first appeared in Floris catalogue in 1873, and it was relaunched in 2000. It belongs to the classic collection by Floris.

The perfume opens with fresh, citrusy notes of lemon and bergamot leading into a spicy heart: vetiver is surrounded with cinnamon, coriander, cloves and geranium. A long and deep base includes woody notes such as cedar, sandalwood, patchouli, as well as incense and amber.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Lavender

Cardamom Clove Coriander Cinnamon Geranium Vetiver

Amber Olibanum Patchouli Sandalwood Tonka Bean

Mahon Leather

Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

Complex woody-spicy fragrance with vetiver being the star in it. A bit dusty and balsamic but sophisticated and complex. It has this classic, vintage feel to it, but it doesn't feel dated.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

The vetiver kicks in after about 2-3 hours. Up until that I get a sour/pissy odor maybe due to the cloves? It is a very unconventional vetiver that has too many other notes going on. This is the first I have tried from Floris and while I respect it from not being the norm, I will pass on it. It takes too long to smell the vetiver IMO.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This starts out as a relatively dusty, brownish vetiver, with a little of the sweet nuttiness of the older versions of Guerlain Vetiver. More woodiness enters later in the top notes, but also an earthiness, like a more natural version of the synthetic violetty dirt that I recently found in He Wood and Rocky Mtn Wood. There's anise hiding in there as well, which slightly works to dispel the dirt aura. FV isn't really what I had in mind in exploring vetiver frags, and I think if you want the sweet woodiness, you should go for Fat Electrician or better yet L'Occitane. I agree that its crude, rustic vibe is an interesting change, but I think it's too much geranium and cedar for me, based on OdysseusM's pyramid. I'm not well-versed in the really dirty, earthy vetivers, but I can certainly say that this is a strong, sturdy scent, and as others have described it, a wild beast which has been carefully restrained.

There are some conflicting opinions as to whether Floris Vetiver is a men's fragrance or a unisex scent. I would say that it's the latter. In fact, this is one of the less masculine vetiver scents I've tried.

Vetiver can sometimes be a difficult note to wear, however in this fragrance the vetiver is smooth, dry and polite. Not nearly as salty and spicy as it is in other fragrances. Lavender, cardamom, geranium, olibanum and sandalwood provide an almost feminine feel, with the lavender especially adding a powdery, floral texture.

Floris Vetiver is not a heavy scent, nor is it offensive. Famous vetiver fragrance, Lalique's Encre Noire and this fragrance are polar opposites. If you're searching for a softer vetiver scent, Floris Vetiver is perfect.

This fragrance is quite complex, opening with soft, powdery lavender and vetiver, before settling into a smoky, incense-like drydown of sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon and olibanum.

I never thought I would say this about a vetiver based scent, but I feel rather sexy wearing Floris Vetiver. I enjoyed it enough to wear it two days in a row.

The longevity is superb, and the sillage light but noticeable. Not bad for a fragrance I only recently stumbled upon. Do test Floris Vetiver if it is stocked in your area. You won't regret it.

The Shelter
The Shelter

Superlative fragrance from Floris...
The best Vetiver ever!

vertigo
vertigo

Vetiver from Floris is a pleasant, herbaceous-green interpretation of the note.
It's well-balanced - all three accords play together in unity: lavender & geranium, cardamom, cloves & cinnamon, and the main character - vetiver.

The fragrance has a nice sillage, it's detectable around you, but doesn't overpower anyone. Staying power of 8+ hours, getting more woods and patchouli in the drydown.

Smells well-crafted, classy.
But doesn't catch me.

I prefer vetiver in Encre Noire - earthy, dark, damp. And alone.

Vetiver by Floris 4.24 out of 5 based on 25 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Floris Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Floris Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vetiver by Floris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vetiver by Floris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette Nicolai Parfumeur Createur New York Floris Santal Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Homme L`Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man Etat Libre d`Orange Rien Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Colonia Floris No 89 Floris JF Loewe Loewe Pour Homme Loewe Esencia pour Homme Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Caron Le 3` Homme de Caron Creed Original Vetiver Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne Pour Homme L`Artisan Parfumeur Fou d`Absinthe Guerlain Vetiver