Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Belle de Nuit Fragonard for women

Belle de Nuit Fragonard for women
dislike

Belle de Nuit Fragonard for women Pictures Belle de Nuit Fragonard for women Pictures Belle de Nuit Fragonard for women Pictures Belle de Nuit Fragonard for women Pictures Belle de Nuit Fragonard for women Pictures Belle de Nuit Fragonard for women Pictures

Belle de Nuit is a perfume for women presented in 2001. An opulent harmony of flowers and fruit is built on a velvety musk base.

It incorporates mirabilis flower aromas, violet, geranium and rose, as well as intoxicating fruit notes of plum.

The fragrance was introduced in several concentrations(parfum, EDparfum, EDToilette) and forms, including a bath and body care line.

Plum Musk Violet Rose Geranium

Snob

Belle de Nuit Fragrance Reviews

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Superbe !!! Opulent mais pas trop, rond et surtout floral.
Juste ce qu'il faut (tant mieux) de fruité grâce à la prune. Associée à la rose (mon dieu cette rose utilisée ! on en mangerai), la violette et au musc (mention "parfait" pour ce musc de très grande qualité) cela donne un chypré magnifique sur ma peau de brune même sans mousse de chêne. Allez savoir pourquoi, ça c'est encore un des secrets des parfums... Magique !
Tout est en ordre dans la pyramide et pourtant tout se bouscule, tout s'enchevêtre, disparaît puis ré- apparaît... J'adore être surprise par ces genres de parfums.
Parfum très très réussi ! Encore bravo Fragonard...

aspirina
aspirina

Thank you Gypsy Parfumista for the lovely decant,

Belle de Nuit is a very sophisticated scent, it opens with a very heady mix of Gardenia and jasmin,even thoug they are not mentioned in the official notes. After some minutes rose, plum and maybe some resin? take the control. This is exquisite, soft and elegant like silk. Extremely lady like.

LLL3
LLL3

This is a gorgeous, big fragrance. It is ultra feminine and full of lush flowers but it wears close to the skin so its not cloying but enticing. I don't really smell any of the individual elements but I get a lot of night-blooming white flowers and maybe some rose. I have this in the parfum...love it! I definitely would like another bottle.

FragFrog
FragFrog

Bought it in museum store in Grass, chose it among others. Also asked the guide what is the most popular one - she recommended BDN
Soon discovered that it was too sweet and had violet in it , which I disliked. ( Violets are considered like candies of the perfume world)
It gave me headache and even nausea , may be because I was motion sick going down the hill from Grass...
Gave it to my girlfriend and she loves it and gets compliments all the time.

[email protected]
jlp8707@gmail.com

The top notes were a little too sharp/bitter for me, but I passed it along to a friend who was wild for it.

StinkySally
StinkySally

Perhaps it was J'Adore attempted which tried copy this gorgeous, classic Fragonard?

Sherihan
Sherihan

I'm surprised to see others comparing it to J'adore. I purchased this yesterday from Grass ,and planning to adopt it, it is one of the oldest they still have ,and I'm imagining how people smelled those days while I'm wearing a perfume from a certain era. I didn't think of J'adore when I decided to purchase TOW small Parfam bottles of this one. In my opinion, Belle de Nuit does not smell like J'adore, even if there is similarities, but this did not cause me headache like J'adore, and this one is better blended and more classy, but J'adore smells to me,like a mass market scent comparing to Belle de Nuit(honestly). This is classy and totally French,super organic and real, unlike the heady strong plasticky J'adore. Don't get me wrong,I love most of Dior's though. According to a book published by the house Fragonard called "80 years of Passion",Belle de Nuit came in a gilt bottle during 1946,and was re-edited in 2001 in a new bottle. They don't mention if the smell has changed, or to what degree have been formulated though.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Based on EDT concentration.

Once applied, there is a whiff of creamy gardenia in the opening of Fragonard Belle de Nuit. But it's soon overtaken by a soapy, intense concoction of crisp, tart rose, plum and geranium. Interestingly, as the scent gradually settles down, some jasmine and gardenia re-emerge, which eventually turns Belle de Nuit into a translucent white floral lotion-like skin scent.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity around 10 hours. Belle de Nuit is an elegant floral, quite suitable year-round and versatile. It would be a lovely gift to those who tolerate soapy fragrances.

mendosita
mendosita

I just have to write this, because I see that Fragonard is being accused of "cloning" other companies fragrances.
The fact is that Fragonard produces many of them. For example: Dior is planning to lounge a new fragrance, they go to Fragonard with a request: make us a new perfume, we will name it and put it in a nice bottle. It is a Dior fragrance, but created and produced by Fragonard. However it is top secret trade-mark issue, so Fragonard will never admit which known fragrances are made by them. I know for sure they produce Tresor and J'Adore but people from Fragonard will never comment this.
Fragonard sells their compositions by their own names and slightly changed formulas. But they are NOT copying anything or anyone. They create other brands fragrances.

kayraven
kayraven

This is my mom's HG scent and I love it! She bought it in Grasse and it is the most beautiful scent I have smelled in years. A true angel, beauty scent. Very unique and is a niche market product, which feels nice to own. Usually I do not favor any fruity or flowery scents, but this is a major exception. Perhaps due to the fact that the flowers and fruits are highlighted with musk, which makes this a warm arabian-like smell. It also has a beautiful gold bottle package. This is a very mature, somewhat noble fragrance for self-sufficient women. And although this is quite pricey, it is worth all the money. This is probably the same for all the Fragonard scents since they're all best quality.

Most of all I feel the sour plum note in this fragrance.

It reminds a lot J`adore by Dior.

I don't like fragrances which remind another fragrances. That is all that I can say.

judithmarianne
judithmarianne

A heady burst of opulent bouquet that dries to a soulful musky base. I imagine this is how the nights in the city of Grasse smells like in summer. Surprisingly wearable in tropical heat.

danda74
danda74

Sweet charming lovely flower fragragrance with temper... Violet&rose have never been so well balanced in a seductive and not too sweet fresh spycy mix. Irresistible!
Well done Fragonard!

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

On me it is J'adore with a soul. Don't get me wrong. I like J'adore and I used to recommend it for others when I worked seasonally in fragrances. But on me it had no depth. Something about the extra plum and spice in Belle is what my chemistry needs to find the magic that is J'adore on others. I love Belle de Nuit. It somehow reminds me I don't need youth to be beautiful.

Anissa
Anissa

Very sophisticated and airy oriental.I can smell the plum and rose very intensive on a soft musky base. Great for special occasions and those moments when you want to make an impression. Can be worn year round.

bk121066
bk121066

This opens with a beautifully feminine aura of musky rose, and to me also a sweet almond note. It reminds me slightly of Givenchy Very Irresistible. It's warm and inviting and soft.
It would be a favourite of mine, except that the dry-down brings out the sharper note of geranium which spoils it a bit. I feel like I want to keep topping it up, so as to keep the top note going. Overall though, a very wearable fragrance.

I have not bought any Fragonard scents yet , but I would consider buying Belle de Nuit! It smells rich, feminine, almost enticing, a beautifully crafted floral, very seductive in my opinion. It is also heady so great for special occasions , or any time you want to smell unique. The flower notes are rich but not green nor sharp, and there is a certain freshness that is very attractive!! I am thinking of buying a bottle, I haven't smelled anything remotely similar.

sinesthesya
sinesthesya

A beautiful, sexy and sophisticated scent! my boyfriend loves it and when i'm wearing it i get a lot of compliments.. totally worth it.

misschic
misschic

I bought this on a recent trip to Paris. Not my every day favourite, but a special scent I pull out from time to time.

purplepod
purplepod

When I smelled this scent recently in the Fragonard perfumery in Eze, it immediately reminded me of Burberry Tender Touch. I've been trying to find a scent similar to Tender Touch and I think I've found it. Not sure if anyone would agree to the similarities.. but in any case Belle de Nuit smells great and it smelled great on my skin!

lilou
lilou

It smells like a very floral and musky Loulou - Cacharel. As I love Loulou, I like Belle de Nuit. Nice, feminine, light and romantic.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

This is a powerhouse! I have dear Pierina to thank for swapping me Belle de Nuit for Angel. I feel I might be a bit too old for Angel now, and I think this one suits my age bracket better. This particular offering from Fragonard is the pure perfume and is all class and refinement, and as you would expect, has exeptional lasting power and projection.

I love the fact that the metal flacon is refillable. I'll use it as a purse atomiser when the juice is all gone. Belle de Nuit is not my usual type of fragrance - orientals are more my thing, but it's a delightful change.

Edit: Two people commented on this fragrance on me today - one was a male. It must be a head-turner.

AveParfum
AveParfum

A beautiful oriental fruity floral. The flowers are intense and the plum is the perfect touch of sweet, juicy, ripe fruit without being syrupy and sugary. I smell a beautiful bouquet of flowers, not necessarily one flower in particular. This perfume has excellent projection and lasting strength. For being a fruity floral, it's quite rich and luxurious. I typically don't wear fragrances with such strong florals, but I'd make an exception for Belle de Nuit. I can't wear strong white florals, but the plum in Belle de Nuit makes them completely wearable in this instance.

Kterhark
Kterhark

(Towelette sample)
I put this on before cleaning and thought, "Well now, if this isn't better than bleach!' Then I found myself liking it a whole lot, and as soon as I took a peak at the notes I knew why.

These are my favorite florals, and plum (and blueberry) are my favorite fruits. The only thing a perfumer can do wrong with this combo is mess it up royally, so thank goodness Fragonard is a master perfume house.

this is a buy.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Belle de nuit is full of gardenia and rose. A little too sharp for me. For warm evenings, nothing for the winter.
Much better than Diors J´adore.

go-desssmile
go-desssmile

Very nice. Almost decided to buy, then remembered...I have something like this! Reminds me of Estee Lauder, Beyond Paradise. Warm, tropical, white floral...
Top: mirabilis, ylang, gardenia. Heart: violet, geranium, rose. Base: Plum, woods, musks.
Predominately, gardenia, I do not pick up on rose, unless I rub my skin and then smell something more sweet, melodic.

zoebo1403
zoebo1403

A j'Adore clone. Don't get me wrong, i love the Fragonard house, but prefer their older offerings such as their original Vanilla ( which is completely different to their current Fleur de Vanille btw ), vintage Emilie, Lune de Miel, Moment Vole to name a few. They make good quality fragrances, but do tend to copy the succesfull scents around ( Diamant = Angel, Miranda = Casmir, Lune de Miel = Tresor )and this one in particular smells like j'Adore to me.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Belle de Nuit is a very beautiful fragrance. Smells like a garden, with the scents of flowers and fresh green grass mixed together and also something I can't quite identify. Very fresh, sweet, soft, ladylike. A quality fragrance - smells more like a natural organic niche scent than a typical synthetic modern fragrance, probably due to the quality of ingredients. Some mention a similarity to J'Adore, and I agree.

lara0905
lara0905

Incandescent and bright composition. Dinamic and irresistible.The Midnight Sun.

Plum, violet and rose are dominant in the opening with light soap touch. The geranium gives a bit slightly- bitter green undertone to this energetic and sublime accord. Musk and rose aromas sweeten the finish of this georgeous scent.

Luxorious,elegant royal essence for womens with honour who forces the men to their knees.

Lovely! I didn't know this before but I was enchanted at Fragonard in Grasse! I had Fleur d'Oranger instead, but this one could be a nice online purchase in fall! I see many compares this one to J'adore... Mmm, not really so. They have something in common, but J'adore is one of my least favourite fragrances! Belle de Nuit smells much better with only some resemblance. Plum is gentle and violet is soft and blended in. It is extremely feminine and happy, also sensual and intense without being heavy or cloying. It really has a French ladylike vibe and it's not too serious at the same time. It lasted about 3-4 hours on my skin becoming better and better. A beauty!

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

I have been wearing "J'adore" for a few years and Belle de Nuit EDP is quite similar, but there is something tarter in Belle de Nuit which disturbs me a little. It is certainly fresher than J'adore. Yet it's a good alternative beacause it's much cheaper than J'adore. However I'd like to point out that there is a big difference between the EDP and the EDT. I bought the EDT this spring, and I was really disappointed...no character, superficial, just sharp, agressive, whereas the EDP seemed more sophisticated and sensual.

nannaje
nannaje

Yes, I too bought this in the Opera district in Paris, this March actually. It does smell like J'Adore Dior and it is soapy and plummy. It is not very expensive and out of my 18 perfumes, this is my boyfriend's favorite - he likes fresh, floral, feminine scents and hates gourmands.
1-10: 6

malia
malia

Belle de Nuit is my treasure from Paris. Every visit to Paris is also a visit to Fragonard, near to L'Opera Garnier. This fragrance is just amazing! Heavenly beautiful. I love it. I agree that it has a lot in common with Dior's J'Adore wich is also one of my favorites. I love the bottle and of course the box. Treasure it is ;-)

Thank you Kastehelmi for this beauty! It is indeed an upgrade on J'Adore. J'Adore has this note, really turning me off, but this one certainly is perfect! I would not type it an oriental floral though. More is it a floral to my nose, maybe with some fruits too, but mostly floral.
LOVELY!

Eleiria
Eleiria

My best friend brought me a bottle of Belle de Nuit as a present from Eze. At first smell, I thought "This is a scent I know but which..." then an hour later I got it: J'Adore. It smells a lot like J'Adore but I like Belle de Nuit better -because J'Adore gives me headache, it's too cloying and it reminds some unwanted memories :). In Fragonard's site, headline for this fragrance says :"Belle de Nuit is an original, deep rich harmony of flowers and fruit on a warm velvety bottom note of musk. A precious fragrance, as magical as an Arabian night!" Well, they got it right because Belle de Nuit is a strong floral musk which reminds you of that hot, sand-coloured and sun-washed places and the oriental air of their women. %76 volume edp is -of course- quite durable, it basically lives with you. It feels very feminine; it's not like overly trying to be sexy but knowing yourself and your charm and appreciating it. Confident, warm and rich. In short, beautiful :)

While I do find this fragrance pretty, it's a little too soapy for my liking. It smells like an expensive bar of old-fashioned, floral soap.

The floral notes aren't as pronounced and as creamy as I would like them to be. The geranium tends to be quite prominent, adding a strange tartness to the scent.

Initially Belle de Nuit smelt grassy on my skin, and a little sharp. I found some similarities between this fragrance and Pure by DKNY. However once the scent had developed into the heart, the florals became much more balanced, with a slightly rich and juicy plum note.

In a warmer environment the gardenia, rose and violet really tend to shine, however in this cold weather in which I'm testing it now, Belle de Nuit smells literally like soap and musk. Due to this observation, Belle de Nuit is better suited to the delightful Spring weather.

Belle de Nuit lacks sweetness and powdery-ness which is something you often expect with florals. It does however have a very 'perfume-y' feel to it.

I'm young, and unfortunately I don't think that this perfume suits my age category. Belle de Nuit is more for a mature woman with a very clear approach to life. This fragrance is classic, a little old-fashioned and clean. Nothing in this composition hints at anything particularly sexy or daring.

The lasting power is impressive and the sillage is delicate and intimate. This fragrance, although it is not really to my taste, is something that I can imagine a caring mother wearing. Belle de Nuit is a scent that I'd like to remember a role-model in my life smelling of.

mary jane
mary jane

dear guest, about your question: I m not sure if that perfume is unisex. I have it and it smells really feminine to me and on me! Its a common truth though that as in all perfumes it depends on the skin of the wearer, so its actually a matter of the comments you get when you wear it! Hope thats helpful :)

guest_unisex
guest_unisex

hello everyone.
can anyone please explain to me if Belle de Nuit perfume, is unisex? because I am a Male, and the woman who presented the fragrances on the fragonard perfumeria, said that Belle de Nuit is Unisex perfume, and I just bought it before 2 weeks :P please somebody explain me if it's only for women or is it Unisex?

allexa27
allexa27

this is great!!!!to my nose it smells like Jadore by CD.i am in love with it

liinaliinas
liinaliinas

This is extraordinary perfume. For special occasions. I love that after few hours after spraying it on the scent is still clean, unlike a lot of perfumes that turn to scent dirty after some time

Sashinka
Sashinka

I bought this while on a tour of the Fragonard perfume museum in Paris. It was a cute walk through, which ended in a large gift store full of Fragonard products. Of course I had to buy stuff for both me and my husband. I got a little set of 10 fragrances, and some regular frags. My husband got 2 frags complete with shower gels. This was one of my scents. I love that they're in gold metal bottles so they don't degrade. I agree, it's VERY much like "J'Adore" by Dior.

My absolute favourite evening fragrance, always leading to positive comments, love it.

Dark Curls

i found a set of ten mini fragonard fragrances and this is one of them. Ultra feminine and exquisite scent and it lasts almost all day! My fiance loves it.

Dark Curls

I want to try this! The previous man's review right before me has me sold...as well as the notes and of course being FRAGONARD :-)

There is nothing that makes my knees weak like Belle de Nuit on my wife. It is as wonderful now as the first time my wife used it. I was overtaken then and I am overtaken now when I draw in the wonderful fragrant that is made by the perfume and my wife’s aromatic scent. It makes for the most romantic allure.
[email protected]

guest_Lana
guest_Lana

Irresistible! My favourite.

jeca
jeca

This is a night fragrance indeed. The floral notes make an expression of white intensive night blooming flower, which is so unnatural in the daytime, and irresistible in the night.