Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Emilie Fragonard for women

Emilie Fragonard for women
dislike

Emilie Fragonard for women Pictures Emilie Fragonard for women Pictures Emilie Fragonard for women Pictures

Emilie is an intensive floral perfume based on tasty scent of flowers: rose, jasmine, orange blossom, which are mixed with delicate violet and lily of the valley. Sandalwod and amber retain the composition on the skin.

The fragrance is produced as parfum (in aluminum flacons of various volumes) and as 100 and 200 ml EDT, with a 600 ml refill.

Orange Blossom Rose Jasmine Violet Lily-of-the-Valley Sandalwood Amber

Paris
Drole de Rose
Demi-Jour
Paris Premieres Roses

Emilie Fragrance Reviews

sjam3295
sjam3295

I just love the sandalwood in this perfume. I get a lot of jasmine and rose, and a trace of amber, but what really transports me is the sandalwood: fresh, spicy and peppery, almost herbaceous, not in a harsh way, but soft, powdery and slightly creamy. Really lovely.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Based on EDT concentration.

Fragonard Emilie has a retro, quite perfume-y opening, with green, soapy lily of the valley and jasmine. After about 15 minutes, this green aspect eventually subsides, revealing a spicy violet and wine-like rose heart. Although Emilie does not smell exactly like YSL Paris, its interpretation of rose does remind me of Paris.

Afterwards, Emilie doesn't change much. The spicy edge fades. The rose and violet becomes more creamy and melt into the skin, like a velvety lotion applied. There is also a discreet green nuance peeking out from time to time, complementing the floral redolence.

The sillage is close and the longevity is around 8 hours. Despite its perfume-y opening, Emilie is actually a demure rose-violet fragrance, versatile and graceful. A lovely and relatively affordable floral that I'd definitely recommend.

adele l
adele l

Very delicate and pretty, reminds me of a floral aldehyde, like clean skin and violets with a hint of rose. Not very adventurous but very subtle and ladylike

danda74
danda74

Spipcy powdery florar, very classy! Old style but not "old" at all to me. Like a Chanel bag :)

This fragrance smells vintage enough.

Most of all I feel the violet and greenish jasmine and lily-of-the-valley notes. The rose note is noticeable also.

Serious. Maybe even elegant. And not too sweet. I don't like it in hot weather at all, not pleasant. But it started to smell more nice in the cold weather. I can't say that it's nice, but the violet note seems to me pleasantly velvety now.

emily7
emily7

Cute, charming and has my name too, so I really wanted to like this. But sadly it just smells plain and too old-fashioned; like a bunch of flowers soaked in a bucket of water. It has that familiar shampoo vibe that I usually get from gardenia (not listed here) and that I actually might like if there was something else in the composition beyond that linear bunch of flowers... led by the dreadfully synthetic smelling lilly-of-the-valley.
Feminine? Yes, in a Victorian underpants kind of way.
If looking for more contemporary feminine violet-rose coloured knickers go for Lipstick Rose or Drole de Rose.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This is a clean rose/violet combo. It is very feminine and pretty. It is daytime, and virginal in nature. You will not find twists and turns in this number, but you will probably find it has the feminine pretty frills, petticoats, sweet girlish smiles and a candied depth of flowers in the spring/summer. As others have mentioned, the "clean" smell and lack of depth can render it a little boring after time. Day-time romance along the Sienne with the summer breeze in one's curls. Violet lovers and YSL Paris fans may take a shining.

polecat
polecat

LOVE IT. It's a better version of YSL paris. I will be buying this instead and using up the remainder of my YSL.

Silage is great, longevity great the only negative I can say is that for about 15 mins after you spray it's rather powerful soapy.

10/10!

bk121066
bk121066

This smells nothing like YSL Paris to me, so I don't really understand the other reviews. When I first sprayed it on, I was captivated by the lovely floral bouquet - its seemed to have no one flower dominating, but to just be a gorgeous, soft feminine smell. I thought it was going to be a favourite for me.
However, as it dried down, I started to get a stong and cloying honey smell, which persisted for hours. I personally don't like honey, so this turns out to be a no-no to me.

Rachelyn
Rachelyn

This is gloriously pretty: I'm wearing both the EDT and parfum together, it's over 6 hours since I last sprayed it, and I keep catching wafts that make me want to pile my hair up with wreaths of jasmine, rosebuds and ribbon while giggling with glee.
In fact, I think I should be wearing one of Kirsten Dunst's Marie Antoinette costumes. It really is THAT pretty - a heady violet-rose-jasmine bouquet, sweet and clean, shamelessly flirty and romantic. Heavenly!!

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

It's seriously amazing how much a perfume changes on your skin when compared to the scent that comes straight out of the bottle! I've had a box set of samples from Fragonard for a while now but never tried this one because I thought it smelled too sharp and overly-floral. Tonight while sniffing through my samples I thought I'd give this one a chance because I figured I should at least have the decency to not waste the thing, and man was I pleasantly surprised.
It turned out to be soft, beautiful and classy! The violet and rose are prominent but delicate and wearable. The orange blossom adds a subtle citrusy sweetness that evokes a sort of sunny cheerfulness when wearing this perfume. My favorite aspect of Emilie is the gorgous ambery base that softly caresses each of the florals and sweetens the whole concoction. Youthful, lively, romantic. Adore!

kathryn.dean
kathryn.dean

Love this fragrance. I purchased a small bottle from the perfumery in Paris and use it as a special occasion perfume. Luscious, sweet scent with incredible staying power, but a little strong,so use sparingly.

Fizzy
Fizzy

This smell to clean for me, I can not decide, if I like it, or not. At the beginning I like it, there are some floral in it, but then I can not stand it on me, I can smell only clean note, even if the smell is not unpleasant. Hmmm, I guess, they added this annoying aldehydes into it, even if they are not listed here. This is a bold, long lasting fragrance.

jasmasid
jasmasid

I bought this in the Fragonard factory shop, (along with little bottles of various other scents) but this is the one I loved best of the lot. The lady who sold it to me, told me, (unofficially) that this is the basic formulation for YSL's "Paris" -- which had then just been launched, mid-1980s or thereabouts. But they are not allowed to name branded scents or claim a likeness to any branded names with their mixtures (although they are suppliers for the designer perfume industry).
I had to agree with her that it is basically a very, very concentrated "Paris" -- and rather lovely if you go for this sort of fragrance. Excellent value too!

lara0905
lara0905

Émilie- this name is suggests the image of a quiet, fragile woman but the scent is bold, very impulsive, quite loud and passionate.

The opening is already very intense, creamy rose twisted with lily of the walley notes, a bit harsh but it settles down to a pleasant, romantic and very french-like aroma with violet, sandalwood and jasmine. The amber very shy in the drydown.

This scent is the twin-sister of the discounted Baroque. A must have...:)

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

This is my all time favourite from Fragonard with Baroque. Very romantic scent, flowery, sweet and powdery. Emilie is totally out of "main stream". Emilie have very unique Soul of tenderness and comfort. Like a Lady full of Love and wisdom with her Heart connected to joyfull nature. I Love this Scent.
***<3<3<3***

kalli2
kalli2

I like this one. I bought in in Grasse after a guided tour through the Fragonard factory. When the weather is dull and/or I am under stress, just whenever I feel like I need a holiday, I put Emilie on. It is "loud" in the beginning and always brings back memories of holidays in the south of France.

I have only just introduced myself to Fragonard, and from what I have experienced so far, this brand caters to all the needs of a true floral lover.

Emilie may not be unique, yet this fragrance is extremely likable. Predictable in its composition, the floral notes come together to create something very pretty and feminine on the skin.

A little sweet, but mostly natural, Emilie could be categorized as a romantic scent. Rose and violet tend to dominate this composition with a slight powdery-ness.

There are many colourful aspects of this scent, however at times it can be too 'perfumey' and a little too loud. For the first few minutes after applying Emilie, the intial outburst is quite alcoholic. This may not be the case with the parfum version, but just as a fore-warning, the eau de toilette goes on very strong.

Emilie is quite a characteristic scent, almost like a refined, exquisite lady, possibly a French one, with elegance and style. The amber in the base notes begin to hint at her being a little naughty at times, perhaps rebellious and eager to break any constraints.

My only gripe with this fragrance is its lack of originality. I didn't expect to be blown away, however I needed that little something that made me draw in my breath.

jae
jae

My name is Jae and I am slowly becoming a Fragonard addict. After testing Eau Fantasque, I put the rest of the samples away and decided to focus on that one alone. Well, after deciding that I want the 200ml bottle, I decided to check out the rest of the samples. This one stood out and I know this has some rose in this. But it's standing right beside violet. Also, I just LOVE how the bases are light. This is such a bright fragrance. Whatever is going on with this, I can't help but to want this fragrance in my collection ASAP. This is beautiful.

guest_fairlady
guest_fairlady

I love it, love it. It is one of the nicest perfumes out there that does not leave a bad base smell. It is like a real classic perfume that just smells good.

Ivy
Ivy

When I was 16 I went to France on a school trip. We toured the Fragonard Perfumery and I purchased a set of 5 small bottles. Emilie was my favorite.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Emilie is a unique classical French perfume: a slightly animalic (ambery floral with a bit of tartness (rose?), and general sweetness....
It's powdery, but the violet is on the clean translucent side like in the masterpiece by Guerlain Après L'Ondée.
Multi-faceted, but not too much-it has great lasting power-a dryness(sandalwood?) with the flowery flavors underneath the sweet oiliness that jeca mentions.
It could be toooooo much if overapplied, but applied with a light hand, it's utter refinement, and has enough modernity to take it beyond the 1980's-or the 1800's-I'm not sure of which era this fragrance is more reticent.
Perhaps I'll even say that this one is timeless...

jeca
jeca

An intensive floral, sweet and oily with a great amount of violet, it reminds me of perfumes of 1980-ties: oily floral, complex, opulent.

Emilie by Fragonard 3.95 out of 5 based on 116 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fragonard Emilie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Fragonard Emilie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Emilie by Fragonard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Emilie by Fragonard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.