Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Miranda Fragonard for women

Miranda Fragonard for women
dislike

coconut
Miranda Fragonard for women Pictures Miranda Fragonard for women Pictures Miranda Fragonard for women Pictures Miranda Fragonard for women Pictures

Miranda is a gentle touch of winds which introduce the scents of flowers and exotic fruit, together with vanilla and coconut echo. This is a harmonic perfume, the exotic of which does not flourish, but sounds like and echo.

Its composition includes coconut, jasmine, opoponax, ylang-ylang, rose, vanilla, amber and sandalwood.

The fragrance is produced as parfum (in aluminum flacons of various volumes) and as 100 and 200 ml EDT, with a 600 ml refill.The perfume was introduced in 2005.

Coconut Jasmine Opoponax Ylang-Ylang Rose Vanilla Amber Sandalwood

Macadam

Miranda Fragrance Reviews

LLL3
LLL3

Miranda is one of my old favorites. I first got a small bottle from their factory in Grasse many, many years ago. But I have worn it on and off since then. It is like a tropical vacation in a bottle, warm vanilla, coconut and tropical flowers mingling together in a classic summer scent. The EDP has great lasting power and the metal containers are great for travel, as well. It is one of those scents I find unforgettable and comforting.

Ladies and Gents,

I had to come back and review it once more. It is better then Casmir. Way better. A lovely warm vanilla without being sweet or headache inducing. Try this one without smelling the other ones first. It has a certain delicacy that you would otherwise miss.
There was this day when I sprayed Miranda on and came to the same room the next day. I kept thinking what in God's name is that divine smell?
Maybe it's vanilla incense? Even though incense smells nice it's different than this, what is this? Just to suddenly realise I had sprayed it on the day before right there.

Warm soft sophisticated vanilla.
Good for daytime, good for smelling attractive at night.

A very good go to scent in general. Lovely!

crescentsho
crescentsho

Miranda is a warm lovely vanilla fragrance. It reminds me of hot pudding =) The opening is quite strong but it turns to be soft and warm. not too sweet

N_Schwartz

This scent is quite admirable. A little coconutty, vanilla, musky scent.
It does remind me a little of Casmir by Chopard.
I like them both. I do think it is a slight bit different from Casmir.

Casmir seems 'warmer' in a way.

All together, nice scent!

Marli1973
Marli1973

I am in love with Miranda most of all in love with Fragonard (what a discovery?!). Miranda is strong but tender sweet but not headache inducing. Just lovely...

Most of all I feel the vanilla, ylang-ylang and coconut notes in this fragrance. Warm and sweet.

It reminds Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori. Only it's not as rich. And coconut instead of berries. I prefer Hanae Mori to it.

maźka1984
maźka1984

I bought this water in the company's factory in France a few years ago and still have about half the bottle the smell just captivated me is so sweet.Stays all day but only for fans sweets (so much) - as rebelle - Rihanna or prada candy.
I sold it after a while because it reminded me too much of ex boyfriend. And some memories better not come back.

Rachelyn
Rachelyn

There is just a touch too much cakey coconut and vanilla for me to truly love this, but my husband adores it. I can see why - it's very warm and sweet and friendly, and there is naughty wink in the gourmand edge. It's really a lot of fun and I have to say a joy to wear. But I could wish the florals were a bit more dominant.

PoetsEye
PoetsEye

This is one of my favorite perfumes. On my it smells like a deep complex vanilla with a touch of chocolate. I had a friend who admitted to walking with me to classes just to smell my perfume. If you decide to buy this I recommend you buy it in the solid metal container. The sent stays true for a much longer time than glass bottles. I had a small bottle at first and it stayed wonderful for a few years. When it was out I bought a larger bottle that was glass and in less than a year the sent had changed. It was still lovely but not as sweet as when I first got it.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

In the search for the best coconut, i purchased a sample of this...

On me it is ALL powder. I cant stand it. it smells like a baby bag. Its not that sweet on me just all powder and a little vanilla. Its not for me. The longevity is terrible. about 1 hour. Glad its only a sample

Juuuliaaa
Juuuliaaa

Bought this in my teens on a language trip to Cote-d'Azur... Reminds me of good old times... Too sweet to wear it now though.

Liina
Liina

Miranada is a lovely sweet oriental perfume. Vanilla is prominent with woods and oriental vibes. I think it's the opoponax that makes this fragrance a little too heavy and spicy for me.
It's actually very romantic and suits with colder weather because it's very warm. But you have to be a big fan of heavy oriental notes to love this. Although the base of Miranda turns softer when the spices fade a little and lovely sweetness of vanilla and coconut stays to dominate this scent for hours.

rtquadros
rtquadros

Very similar to Hanae Mori Butterfly.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

My sister came home from Paris, and keeping my love for anything Gourmand in mind, brought home a bottle of Miranda for me.
I do not find Miranda overly sweet or childish or foody or too dessert-ish (Reserve the sugary, dessert type vanillas for the likes of Comptoir Sud Pacifique).
Miranda is smoky, and more sophisticated, a really dark vanilla. I detect pepper and other spices, coconut, and a little bitter chocolate.
Miranda is a wonderful fragrance from one of the best niche perfume houses.

Fizzy
Fizzy

If you love Dolce Vita from Christian Dior, you would love this one too. Miranda is more sweet than Dolce Vita and not sharp at all. I use Miranda during the day and Dolce Vita in the evening. Lot of figues in it. They scents are pretty similar. Perfect!

lara0905
lara0905

Mmmmmmmm....long years ago I was in love with a perfume, it's name is Vanilla Fields. For me that essence was the perfect vanilla fragrance ever.

Miranda is reminds me of this scent a lot, exotic, delicate warm vanilla, not cloying nor overly sweet..just simply divine.:)

NebraskaLovesScent

This is a review of the EDT of Miranda. I did a separate review of the parfum concentration below.

This is definitely a scent where you will want to pay attention to which concentration you have. Both are recognizable as Miranda, but if you fell in love with one, the other will possibly disappoint you. I love the parfum version best and encountered that one first, but the EDT version is also nice.

Miranda EDT is smokier and less sweet than the parfum. I get a more pronounced coconut aroma in the parfum, but the amber and sandalwood are more prominent in the EDT, and make their appearance almost immediately. As with the parfum, you must love Vanilla to really appreciate this scent, but if you find the parfum too strong for daily wear, the EDT version may be more to your liking.

The EDT acts like one, staying a little closer to the skin and lasting about six hours, whereas the parfum has tremendous sillage and lasts all day.

In either concentration, it's an amazing scent and one of my favorites. Fragonard does not get the credit they deserve for producing such high-quality, affordable beauties.

lucifera
lucifera

miranda= chopards'casmir on me, its nice but i like casmir more

Amylene
Amylene

That's my favourite Fragonard's perfume. Very well balanced and rich.

NebraskaLovesScent

Miranda is such a beautiful scent. I detect some similarities to Chopard's Casmir and Rochas' Alchimie, but I truly think Miranda has them beat.

I purchased a 15 ml parfum of this at Fragonard in Paris, and it's become a comfort scent for me this winter. Beautiful vanilla, soft coconut, and yet it is not a gourmand and does not smell too sweet or candy-like in anyway. The beautiful floral notes keep it well-grounded in the realm of "perfume."

I love both Casmir and Alchimie but there is something a little odd and "chemical" about both of them. Both have a touch of that plastic doll smell, which is pleasant but can be off-putting to some. Miranda is almost like the best notes of these other two scents, sans doll.

The parfum concentration is amazing. Two tiny squirts provide a moderate sillage that lasts 12+ hours. I'm just now getting to the sandalwood in the base of this one and I have a feeling it still has a few hours of wear left.

Amazing!

This is one of my favorite vanilla perfumes ever. It's a unique treasure. I detect something that smells a bit like black pepper, but it's not spicy in the sense of masculine. Jasmine and ylang ylang balance the perfume, making it light and breezy. It's not like all the other vanilla perfumes out there--not so sweet and definitely not gourmand. This is a mature vanilla, not like cotton candy or anything like that.

Am I the only person who smells a subtle hint of Vanilla Coke?

Miranda by Fragonard is such a girly fragrance. This is the scent of vanilla icecream, coconut flavoured lip gloss and a bouquet of flowers from an over-the-top romantic and doting significant other.

Funnily enough, as I was reviewing Miranda a random sugar ant ran over my tester strip but not without hesitating first to see if this perfume was indeed edible.

I do mention this fragrance as being rather sweet, however it is nothing nauseatingly so. Jasmine and rose feature quite prominently with a milky sweet coconut and vanilla texture.

Miranda actually smells like one of my favourite cakes to bake, Angel Vanilla Cake. The foody cake note is fortunately subtle and pretty on the skin.

Very rarely does a fragrance remind me of a certain colour, however Miranda makes me think of baby pink, that innocent, feminine and youthful colour. The drydown which consists of powdery and creamy vanilla and sandalwood possibly adds to its cutesy appeal.

Some people call this fragrance sexy. Personally, I'd most likely wear a scent like this on a shopping trip with the girls rather than during a night of passion with my lover. However each to their own.

The longevity and sillage of this little wonder is fabulous, well worth the money spent. Actually, to be honest Fragonard is one of the most affordable niche houses on the market today, so there's no reason to dismiss this fragrance or any other of the Fragonard's perfumes for that matter.

judies6
judies6

Miranda starts out with very milky, sweet top notes -- as if you broke open the blossom of a flower & immersed your nose into the heart of the bloom. It is a bit cloying and decantely sweet. What really gives me a jolt, though, is the very light heart & base notes. It is almost as if the scent evolves in reverse of traditional form. The top notes in this scent are heavier than the floral butterfly- like base notes. A pretty, but fleeting end.

Cereza
Cereza

Oh my, this is very, very cute fragrance. Ultra cozy. Smells like loads of coconut on me and a tiny bit at the benning reminds me of self tan creams or something that way. Anyway - most of all Miranda reminds me of a lovely winter evening, when you have been outside a long time, you get in to your house, put on some warm sweater, take a hot cacao and enjoy a romantic movie with your fiance. It's a comfort scent, yes. Sillage is not so good, it's almost unnoticable on me, but all in all - good.

Silvery
Silvery

I won't talk about this perfume itself (many perfume-lovers did so, and I simply can't tell more new things) so I'll just tell a little story why I love Miranda.
Last week I've been to Paris. It was love at first sight. How beautiful, charming, modern yet historical with busy streets and quiet little places, nice crowded cafes, gorgeous buildings, huge and beautiful gardens where you can lie back and enjoy the city... I could continue my enumeration for ages :)
One day of the vacation I went to the Fragonard Parfum Museum, saw lots of interesting things about the perfume-making (enflourage, destillation, many old bottles etc.) and of course there was an opportunity to buy Fragonard perfumes. I've chosen Miranda, and starting from that moment I used only that one when I was in the city...
The vacation came to its end, I travelled back home, but when I close my eyes, and smell my dear Miranda, I feel Paris so near to me...

guest_Vanillabean
guest_Vanillabean

I don't smell coconut at all. When I first spray the perfume on, I smell vanilla and black pepper. After about 10 minutes the black pepper fades and I am left with vanilla, rose, and sandalwood. I love this scent.

nyoka
nyoka

this is a creamy,dreamy scent.i really dont smell that sticky coconut at all.just an armload of beautiful spring flowers ,that u can bury ur face in forever.great staying power.the vanilla in the drydown is the most authinic ive ever smelled.dont rate others by this,they will lose.

Malegria
Malegria

Miranda is a perfume-phantom. When you put it on, it has a subtle and inviting scent of fresh eclairs...vanillic buttery dough with cream.Then, 5 minutes later...it`s gone!And after you start doubting if you put it on at all, there is a hint of coconut and ylang, extremely gentle, almost weightless.It does not have any silage and I am not sure that people around me could smell it at all..I barely could.But it has a surprisingly strong dry down - a little more musky and sharp then you could expect from such an ethereal scent.

My sister brought back a bottle of Miranda after a trip to Paris. I absolutely love it! I get so many compliments on the scent.

guest_Cassi
guest_Cassi

The best thing i bought during my trip to paris. I've never met anyone who didn't love this perfume. I love how the coconut blends with the vanilla and the orange blossom to create the most heavenly scent. This perfume spoiled me, i don't know if i can ever really wear anything else...HAH

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I had wanted to try this scent from the moment I first heard of it, because thhe name Miranda has had some significance in my life-from a childhood friend, to an inspiring blues dancer I met, to the heartbreaker of my first heartbreaker.....This was recommended to me before I ever tried Cashmir, as better than Cashmir, so I swapped for some. I tried Cashmir before Miranda arrived, and really disliked it, so my curiousity increased, more than I could bear....
And....
Femininity to the point of caricature! A delicious rounded vibrant warm femininity...Just as jeca, I am very wary of coconut in perfume-but it's very creamy here. Ylang ylang, jasmine and a touch of rose prevent this from being an Oriental Vanilla, which usually doesn't work for me-it's so very heady, but not a touch of sharpness. And so verrry sweet, but containing natural ingredients, it stays on the intoxicating side of sweet and heady, even as it crosses over to cloying territory.
Well.....
To be honest, it's cloying, but beautiful-that is rare, by definition a cloying scent won't be beautiful, but this is.

It's too much, but it's grand, and I think it would be sophisticated and very interesting if I apply just a touch. It's strong, vibrant and the lasting power is extraordinary-Miranda is a tenacious one.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I just got my decant today and I love this! It smells soft and sensual and just delicious! I am not sure what I am picking up most here...coconut? Vanilla? This smells kind of familiar but it does not matter, I love it!

guest_Lynda
guest_Lynda

Does anyone know how I can get this perfume in Queensland? The Fragonard website tells me it can't send it because of alcohol content.

Pa.princess

Hi guest_alex. Just go on the Fragonard website...www.fragonard.com. That's how I got mine:)

guest_alex
guest_alex

does anyone know how to order the miranda purfume from sydney?? I got it in Paris but i dont think ill be going back for a while! :(

Pa.princess

I just got my bottle of Miranda. The notes sounded like something I would love, and I do!! This is unlike any other vanilla scent out there. To me there is a faint scent of coconut. The amber and sandalwood give it a warm, almost incense smell. Very long lasting. This is very different, very beautiful. I plan to explore the Fragonard line a little more:)

guest_Miss Mary
guest_Miss Mary

If you like the scent of vanilla (or chocolate-that's what everyone says it smells like on me) you will love this perfume! I was so excited to find it on the interenet. I was in Grasse,France about 6 years ago and I visited the Fragonard factory there. That is when I fell in love with the most beautiful fragrance I've ever smelled. It has been 5 long years and I can still remeber the sweet, subtle scent.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

You both have described this one so perfectly! It's a beautiful vanilla scent. The difference with this one when compared with the millions of other vanilla scents out there is that this one isn't too sweet or heavy. Perhaps the tiny bit of coconut that is in this one (and it is not an overwhelmingly sweet coconut smell either) tempers the potential sweetness of the vanilla. Whatever the reason, the perfume is very wearable. In addition, this one stays on the skin for an amazing amount of time. It is a great cold weather scent.

essija
essija

When I first saw this I had to have it due to the name. Miranda is my beloved dearheart's daughters name. She loves vanilla and after reading the ingredients I knew I was making a great choice. Miranda smells like burnt marshmellows to me. Like the ones you eat when making smore's. Its such a lovely scent. Soft and cozy. I pick up a lot of vanilla but not like all the other vanilla Celebrity scents. This one is different, it's tender and warm. It turns to the jasmine or amber after wearing it, I must of missed the coconut, unless that is the burnt smell I'm getting this is lovely and I can't wait to suprise Miranda with her own bottle at Christmas....

jeca
jeca

It's a warm and tender composition with a gourmand hint of coconut. I am not a big fan o coconut in perfumes, because it's very often too explicit, but in Miranda coconut is tender sweet and not loud at all. Tender sweet flowers and vanilla make the composition so dreamy romantic...:-)

Miranda by Fragonard 4.19 out of 5 based on 154 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fragonard Miranda fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Fragonard Miranda, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Miranda by Fragonard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Miranda by Fragonard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.