Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Muguet Fragonard for women

Muguet Fragonard for women
dislike

Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures Muguet Fragonard for women Pictures

Fragonard celebrates the year of lily of the valley in 2013. Previous years were dedicated to mimosa (2010), orange blossom (2011) and violet (2012). Besides EDT Fragonard paid special attention to the whole collection by creation towels, soaps, sets with all products together – with the same fragrant notes.

This year the focus is on lily of the valley, feminine and elegant flower, which in combination with other flowers offers real harmony for the upcoming spring and summer. It opens with neroli and pink pepper, middle notes are jasmine, freesia and irresistible lily of the valley, resting on a base of amber, cedar and musk. The new fragrant collection encompasses Muguet 50ml EDT, Muguet scented candle, Muguet soaps x4, Muguet soap, Muguet room fragrance and a set with shower gel 8ml EDT, purse 25x25 key chain holder.

Neroli Pink Pepper

Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Freesia

Musk Cedar Moss Amber

Muguet Fragrance Reviews

brittney0522
brittney0522

I agree with the other reviewers.. This is a nice scent but does not smell like lily of the valley.. It has a powdery smell and I don't get LOTV anywhere in it. It's a shame because I have loved lily of the valley since I was young and was quite disappointed with this scent..

dorothea333
dorothea333

I really do like lily in the valley, so I was a bit surprised by this scent. Violette and Mimosa from Fragonard are very much about the mentioned flowers though not soliflores. Muguet is not unpleasant, but it is more of a light citrusy summer smell than a muguet. If you are in to Light Blue, you might love this one.
Personally I like it, but not with a passion. Beautiful bottle though :-)

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

I find anything with Lily of the Valley to be rather overwhelming and cloying at times, as it is a super fragrant and intense floral.
But I found this remarkably different to what I expected this to be.
The Lily of the Valley note is not prominent and doesn't come out on first application. What I encounter is a melody of soft, sparkly citrus notes, delicate jasmine or orange blossom, jazzed up with a teensy bit of pepper.
This smells more like a homage to Lily of the Valley.

I'm not sure if I love it yet, but Muguet is the type of fragrance that really makes you stand aside and assess it. It really is a pretty fragrance without being too feminine and girly.

Anissa
Anissa

Soft and sweet, neroli and jasmine on a musky base. I cannot detect any lily of the valley so the name is misleading. Anyway a soft and nice fragrance, great for everyday especially on summer.

george9827
george9827

quite true what you say. I haven`t yet tried out Fragonard`s muguet yet, but I can tell you that the modern lily of the valley is being made of "Lyral" - a very well balanced and strong component for a lily-of-the-valley-accord, which also has powerful basenote qualities for all types of green notes. It is restricted for up to 20% by IFRA, and this is more than sufficient for a good and long lasting lily of the valley perfume. Hydroxycitronellol has always been a bit weak. The limit for Hydroxycitronellol is 10%. And then there is the extremely powerful base note "cyclamen-aldehyd" which is limited up to 8% - more than enough, to give a lily of the valley accord depth. So I would think that FRagonard just decided to make a special compostion of theit own type...

Here is a typical modern muguet-formula without Lyral that can be found in the internet, for 1000 grams of concentrate:

Hexenyl-3-cis Acetate 5
Hedione - 180
Phenyl Ethyl Alcohol - 240

bk121066
bk121066

Not what I was expecting at all. The packaging indicates that this would smell predominantly of lily-of-the-valley, but I detect none at all. I smell pink pepper and something a bit citrusy at first, then it turns more creamy and peachy (although peach is not mentioned in the fragrance notes). It reminds me of Nina Ricci Love In Paris. It's not unpleasant, but certainly not the pure floral sort of fragrance I was hoping for.

Esclarmonde1151
Esclarmonde1151

I got a sample from Fragonard recently. Muguet fragrances of these days have a problem: it is not possible or very difficult to get an extract of natural lily of the valley-plants. So, this note was ever since (even in Edmond Roudnitskas masterpiece Diorissimo from 1956) built by arranging other notes to create the scent of lily of the valley. A central component to create this effect was hydroxycitronellal which has now been restricted by IFRA due to possible health implications. It may be used only in very low concentrations now. So about Fragonards Muguet I have to say, that - possibly due to this restriction of this central component of the lovely lily of the valley-note - this note is really shy and almost not there. I smell something fresh, citrus-like, probably the orange-blossom and then jasmine. It ist furtermore very musky after a while. But only faint hints of muguet. I was looking forward to this scent as I really like some of the Fragonard-perfumes, and this year is their muguet-year, but to me, the muguet rings its little bells simply too silent.

Muguet by Fragonard 3.89 out of 5 based on 20 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fragonard Muguet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Fragonard Muguet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Muguet by Fragonard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Muguet by Fragonard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.