Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Reve Indien Fragonard for women

Reve Indien Fragonard for women
dislike

Reve Indien Fragonard for women Pictures

Rêve Indien is a wonderful exotic fragrance – a true Indian dream. It opens with citrus notes of bergamot and lemon, followed by flowers of jasmine, rose and iris. The base is powerful with amber, vanilla and patchouli for the true Indian aroma.

It is available as EDT in 200 ml glass bottle that comes in an colorful printed bag, as well as the 200 ml refill in an aluminum bottle.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Rose Noire

Reve Indien Fragrance Reviews

Jerrythecat
Jerrythecat

Visiting Paris a few years back, and after going down the stairs of the Sacré Coeur basilica in Montmartre, I noticed a shop I never saw before. Being a true Parisian living in London over 16 years, I straight away thought that things had changed a lot after so much time, particularly not having visited this area of Paris for years.
The shop in question blended really well in the bohemian style proper to Montmartre and sold home articles, Provençal style. In one area of the shop was a counter where perfume bottles, shower gels and soaps were displayed in an other. I was straight away attracted to Rêve Indien, and sprayed the top of my hand. Wow! Smells like Shalimar, my fragrance signature, I thought. Being faithful to Guerlain, It was a dupe, and how dared they imitated my favourite fragrance. I left the shop and thought to myself: "this is a pale copy, give it an hour and the fragrance would disappear". WRONG! One hour later, I was still smelling my hand completely gobsmacked by how similar RI and Shalimar were, and walked back to my hotel with a 200ml bottle of RI bought for less than €40.
On my iPad I then googled RI to find out more about it and read a posting saying it was indeed a copy of Shalimar. Also, as coincidentally Fragonard have their perfume factory in Grasse, same as Guerlain. Grasse is close to Nice, where most French perfumes are elaborate. Very strange indeed...
Copy or not copy, RI is definitely my alternative to Shalimar when I do not want to spray my precious liquid. Very good for work, gym, snuggled in a blanket with a good book or watching a great movie. Very comforting, long lasting and good sillage without being overpowering.
Also, like its twin sister, RI is a good unisex perfume. Love it!

This is very nice and in the opening it smells just like Shalimar, maybe spicer than current version. I wouldn't say it smells citrus as per listed notes. Shalimar is much more bergamot than this.
Reve Indien is powerful in EdT (the only available, no EdP for this) and it smells as if all spices from India came into a bottle. Yet no spice is listed.
Then it dries down on my skin to a more monodimensional patchouli and I'm not too fond of that part. Too strong, too much patchouli not leaving space for anything else.
The last part of the scent left on my skin after several hours is sweet powdery amber with a hint of patchouli. Very longlasting. If you like Shalimar you could give a try to this one and see how it works on your skin.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Eons ago I visited the Fragonard factory in Grasse. I still have my little aluminum bottle of Revenue Indien. I was told that in such a container the scent would never spoil. Man, they were not kidding. I swear it smells as good as when I got it. And I'm talking more than two decades ago.

I remember the nice SA told me this was their version of Opium, which I adore. Well, perhaps I wouldn't go that far, but, yes, it is in the same category. I love to wear this. A couple of swabs go a long way. Brings so many memories of that lovely trip to Grasse.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

In effetti ricorda molto Shalimar ma meno vaniglioso; è un'ambra più potente, moderna e avvolgente. Bel profumo, lo definirei uno Shalimar contemporaneo, con note più decise, meno favola, più seduzione certa.

gaai
gaai

Yes, I can smell the similarity to Shalimar. One of the main reasons why I bought this.
Only where Shalimar stays dirty this one dries to a mellow amber, vanilla leather on me and the top notes are a little more harsh. But that only lasts for a few minutes, before it releases it's oriental amber aroma.

In the final dry down, this is a fragrance that stands on it's own.
Very reasonably priced too, so I can spray to my heart's desire when I want that Shalimar vibe (my favorite fragrance), but don't want to waste the precious with only a short wear time. (I teach fitness classes, so I shower a lot....losing the perfume I'm wearing every time and needing to reapply often)

Also, that bell jar looking bottle is huge!

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

Maybe a little like Shalimar, in a second cousin respect and in my opinion one dimensional and forgettable.

Will be sticking to Shalimar.

oliseeger
oliseeger

Lovely scent! It indeed reminds me of Shalimar (not that good as Shalimar, of course!!) but kind of heavier in the leather notes.

Scentmad
Scentmad

Truly lovely. This is a lot like shalimar but a little dirtier - think of a woman dressed head to toe in chanel at Glastonbury after a colossal rainstorm and you have reve indien. It's composition is spicy, floral, peppery and musky. This for me is better than shalimar because its edgier which for an oriental takes some doing. Way ahead of its time in some respects. Shame that Fragonard don't do the pure perfume as I think that would be rock and roll.

born for shalimar
born for shalimar

Absolutely beautiful.my bottle has arrived from a lovely site in Germany.never thought I'd find it as many won't ship to Israel.if you are having difficulty looking to buy just ask me and I will give you their eBay address.all I can say is SHALIMAR but it's not shalimar and am going to compare them hand to hand.gorgeous.lifts the mood and definitely unisex.I am waiting for the drydown.very comforting .I'm so glad I found it.

insolence
insolence

Oh my god, I love amber and patchouli in this one. Totally intoxicating.

Shalimar? No. Reve Indien has not that vintage vibe, but it is so sexy. Not for grannies, but for oriental goddesses. This is a very heavy scent, which you should wear only in winter and only in your bedroom.

judyk
judyk

Ooo, I'd love to try this, seeing as I'm a Shalimar freak. But the cost of a 200ml bottle shipped from France is a deal breaker. If anyone in the EU (I'm in the UK) has some and would be willing to sell a small decant, please message me. Thank you. :-)

eta (20/8/13): I managed to find an old parfum mini for not too much money*. Rêve Indien is definitely a Shalimar wannabe. Sweet powdery vanilla and a good dose of leather. This one's top notes are a bit wobbly, so it's missing its citrus but it has got a bit of floral going on. Not bad - I'd still like to try the current EDT, though.

*more expensive per ml than any of my Shalimars, mind you!

danda74
danda74

Totally India. If you like incense and patchouly you will love this one.
A perfume with a very defined character. For oriental lovers

truffles
truffles

One word. Shalimar.

cronai
cronai

As others have noted, this is very, very similar to Shalimar. If I had smelled it on someone else, I could easily have mistaken it for the Guerlain perfume.

It is a little bit fresher than Shalimar, though, and it dries out better. Also, it is A LOT less expensive.

I really like what Fragonard does, but I have a problem with their bottle sizes: 200ml of EDT is way too much perfume for someone who, like me, changes fragrances frequently.

stregalietta
stregalietta

I agree with alchimia72!It's an elegant and sensual perfume...LOVELY!

alchimia72
alchimia72

Maybe it's a bit similar to Shalimar. But i don't notice the esperidates notes at the top. I smell smokey notes ( maybe patchouli). The fragrance is very elegant , sensual and it lasts a long for an edt. The base notes are lovely: amber + vanilla. Very Well done

Molinari
Molinari

Can anyone tell me if we notice patchouli notes, please? Or it's a more powdery perfume?

Thank you!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

like shalimar only better, more personality, and cheaper, I love fragonard :D

AveParfum
AveParfum

Spray carefully because this juice is STRONG! A total sillage monster. It's remarkably similar to Shalimar, but I can actually wear this because unlike Shalimar, Reve Indien is not so animalic and leathery, while still quite smoky. Words that come to mind:

-exotic
-mysterious
-intense
-earthy
-unpretentious

It's definitely my Indian Dream.

mandi

Ok, I've come to notice that this fragrance smells strikingly like Shalimar Edt.

Yep, they both have that citrusy woody opening and a sublime vanillic drydown.

But the top notes are head on - compare it and see for yourself.

mandi

Thank you mister_chaz for swapping me a decant of this fragrance, it is georgeous.

From the notes listed here you may think that this fragrance is quite simple but you would be wrong, i'm sure that are many undercover notes because this composition smells so complex.

The most interesting thing that i have noticed about this scent, so far, is that it actually gets stronger or rather deeper as time passes peeking about 7 hrs after it is first applied; then it gradually subsides.

I definitely have to spend some more time with this fragrance maybe then it will reveal itself to me but so far i'm loving what i'm smelling.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I recommend to try this one for the oriental lovers! the opening is rather sharp (probably citruses and bergamot) but it gets sweeter, more floral with the dry-down.
I can detect some spiciness in this one, strong patchouli and vanilla. It sort of reminds me of Shalimar) I think this fragrance should be used sparingly: as an EDT it appears to be quite strong. very well done overall))

Reve Indien by Fragonard 3.94 out of 5 based on 86 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fragonard Reve Indien fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Fragonard Reve Indien, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Reve Indien by Fragonard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Reve Indien by Fragonard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.