Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Soleil Fragonard for women

Soleil Fragonard for women
dislike

Soleil Fragonard for women Pictures

Soleil is a fragrance for women, inspired by Sun and created of a blend of floral notes, such as jasmine, orange blossom, iris, rose, wisteria, amber, sandalwood and musk. It was created by Jean Guichard in 1997. This fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP,150 g. scented soap, 250 ml bath and 250 ml body lotion.

iris Orange Blossom Sandalwood Amber Musk Wisteria Jasmine Rose Lily

Louis Feraud
Olene
Encore

Soleil Fragrance Reviews

erica.andruscavage
erica.andruscavage

This fragrance brings back memories! I fell in love with its crisp floral scent on a Parisian trip in 1999. Have stayed in love with it ever since. Still have the bottle, which is now vintage!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Soleil By Fragonard

Notes: Jasmine Rose Iris Lily Wisteria Orange Blossom Amber Musk Sandalwood

Soleil with the solar shaped stopper. I'm a sucker for a good looking artistically designed bottle. This is a beautiful objet d'art in any perfume bottle collectors' wardrobe. I'm pleased to discover that this is an old fashioned soapy floral scent. It has a classic vintage air although I can't quite put my finger on what fragrance it reminds me of. I found it interesting that it lacks fruit notes, aldehydes and neroli. The opening is rather strong and immediately flowery with an orange blossom. The orange in the blossom perhaps serves as the fruit scent but it's not terribly fruity and it dissipates quickly. The orange blossom introduces the other flowers in this bouquet: rose, iris, jasmine, lily and wisteria. The rose and iris pairing is always well-matched. Both are similar in perfumery and become powdery or soapy; in this case soapy. This is like a pretty rose soap but there's more to it than that. It evokes a feeling of calmness, like a motherly touch at the home. There are flower vases, floral scented soap and floral scented candles everywhere. This was like the interior of a queen's chamber in the palace of Versailles in the 1700's. This is very pretty. The dry down contains base notes (they would have been base notes had there been a top middle and base note structure) of musk sandalwood and amber. The musk is not too strong and here the sandalwood and amber are the big players. The amber gives it that clean finish. This is really easy to wear and innocent. It's a sweet scent of fleeting flowers, a breath of fresh floral air, a breeze coming through an open window overlooking a garden.

susanawaddell
susanawaddell

Jasmine that is almost like tuberose and a little orange. I like white flowers so this is a love for me. 5 out of 5. So far I have appreciated all of the current Fragonard fragrances. I recommend the 5 mini set that includes Grain de Soleil and Belle de Nuit.

BizzoH
BizzoH

Slightly old-fashioned and soapy, but really rather warm and lovely.

becuille
becuille

Unfortunately, this is another perfume that turns to soap as soon as it hits my skin. I know some perfumes have a soapy quality, but this literally smells like Pears Soap and nothing else. It happens to me quite a lot and I've yet to discover what the ingredient is that causes this reaction.

In the bottle, it smells like sunshine and I was really looking forward to wearing it. But my and Soleil clearly aren't meant to be.

Sorry that's all I can say, but I literally only got soap. The rest of you that can wear this are so lucky!

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Glorious sunny day at the beach couture! This is what suntan lotion wants to be. Heady n classically sweet it's a mood lifter for sure. Movie star dreamy!

hills by the sea
hills by the sea

A stunning classic floral! The flower essences in this are so incredibly fresh and natural smelling - I might actually be leaning over the balustrade overlooking the Mediterranean coast, inhaling the gorgeous sun-soaked essences of the purest most delightful jasmine and wisteria growing nearby.

A perfume for a chic woman, well-coiffed and dressed simply, but with a natural unmistakable elegance. Amber lends a touch of warmth and provides a fragrant base for the flowers to shine through.

I have always adored florals but had been moving away from them lately towards other genres and only chance led me to test this lovely perfume recently. Now I have to have a bottle of this - soon!

Kitty48
Kitty48

While Grain de Soleil is a vanilla bomb, Soleil itself is pure floral in its opening notes. I get a hint all of the flowers with the white flowers dominating, but honestly I don't detect the rose at all.

Amber is there in the background, but I don't get sandalwood, this perfume is all sweetness to me. Even after drydown I get a pure floral - it's like a white flower garden at dusk.

I love the pretty bottle with it's golden sun top, the name and the bottle suggest summer sunshine but for me this is a summer evening scent. Something to wear while you sit on the terrace at dusk enjoying a breath of air after the summer heat, while the jasmine petals and the lilies in the garden close up to release their evening perfume.

sjam3295
sjam3295

A really beautiful scent; I loved it from the first sniff. Jasmine, orange flower and wisteria, a touch of rose, on a faint pillow of sandalwood and amber.

The jasmine's gorgeous; the wisteria makes it just slightly herby, slightly spicy, lifting the whole scent. It's well-named, a happy, sunny scent. I love it.

SAKE
SAKE

Une "Joie de Vivre"...
Comme toutes les Fragonard ici ce sent tres bien la vieille ecole francais mais pas comme "old" ci comme une grande Qualite.
C'est un parfum pleine de vitalite, du ...Soleil = jasmine+rose vert+iris.
Une grande qualite d'ingredients utilise.
Duree - 4-6 heures.

darina.ivanova
darina.ivanova

Strange thing - all I can smell here is ylang-ylang that is not even listed in the pyramid.

Most of all I feel the wisteria note in this fragrance. It smells vintage enough. I'm not impressed.

abrakadeborah
abrakadeborah

My son brought this fragrance back to me from France. I adore it! Go lightly on the application and wait for the dry down and the faint smell of roses,jasmine and sandalwood. It's a nice soft and clean floral scent that lasts all day.

lilou
lilou

Soapy and flowery. Elegant, for mature women. Warm and bright, as the sun. Too classic for me but nice.

andy1959
andy1959

Even a wonderfull scent. It is classic but modern too. Very well balanced. My bottle is 6 years old and there is no changing about the quality. Real great and nice, natural ingridients. Fragonard is not mainstream. This is real quality, scents with soul. I love these french craft of parfumerie.

danda74
danda74

Jasmine jasmine jasmine and orange flowers, a summer garden, very well balanced

bk121066
bk121066

I've finally found the perfect floral fragrance. This is so exquisite, so natural-smelling, just like being in a beautiful garden full of blooming shrubs and blossom, with a warm breeze wafting the scent to your nose in fleeting moments, so that you just want to inhale deeply to take in as much as you can.

There is nothing cloying, sickly or spicy about this, just fresh blooms floating on a warm summer breeze.

I'm so glad I found Fragonard, after years of looking for a fragrance that stays fresh on me and doesn't go 'stale' in the drydown. Fragonard must have a secret. Even if you're not a 'floral' person, they make many beautiful scents of all types.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Soleil performs best in warmer weather. I bought the fragrance last winter and wore it a few times on the chilly days, but I've sprayed it generously this spring. I've worn it all day today and the fragrance has tremendous sillage and persistence in the approximately 80 degrees F (27 C) that we had today--very sunny and with a gentle breeze that kept lifting this gorgeous and happy aroma to my nose all day.

I admit, I do wear Soleil in cold weather just for its beautiful and sunny disposition. It's an enjoyable reminder of good times and pleasant climates, even if it does't fully "bloom" in the colder weather.

Soleil is a beautiful, cheerful jasmine and orange blossom "white floral" scent on my skin, in any season. It is not too sweet and dries down over time to a pleasant woody musk that fully expresses itself when warm temperatures and your body heat disperse it to best effect. Fragonard gets tremendous credit from me for creating and so aptly naming a fragrance! It truly smells "sunny" and creates the perfect mood for its name and fragrance, regardless of the season in which it is worn. Soleil's sillage is best expressed with a little warmth (both personal and atmospheric), but it's highly effective at creating a sunny aura even on the coldest grey day in January, and it persists very well in any season. Bravo!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Summery floral: jasmine pronounced with wisteria, orange blossom for a nice clean feel and soft musk. Reminiscent of beach and sun.
Excellent choice for warm weather all occasions., especially for anything that has to do with the beach.
Pretty good silage wise, on me 6 hours.

Gaelle
Gaelle

Diet version of Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Nice, soapy, common and not sharp scent for older girls. Perfect for summer and spring. Good lasting power.

lara0905
lara0905

This scent reminds me of a hot and humid summer day in Hungary, when the sun scorched the flowers in our garden in a sultry afternoon.

In the first second rose dominant with orange blossom but they are suddenly fade away and strong sweet jasmine aroma forces them into the background. Finally the sweet wave is goes over and the iris aroma with sandalwood makes the scent velvety and lightly powdery.

If you like iris scents, probably you will like this fragrance too.:)

libertybelle
libertybelle

Certainly a happy fragrance. I like it well enough considering I don't usually find jamine agreeable if it's a primary note. The iris is front and center too. The other floral notes keep either from being too intense. I don't find it has very good staying power though.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Nice well done flowery scent. But nothing special. I have their Dahlia and Lune de Miel, they are more interesting and unusual.

Sassee
Sassee

Beautiful fragrance with real staying power. One of my new favourites.

My mom brought this fragrance home from France for me. I love it and can't get enough of it. It lasts all day long! I get so many compliments.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

I decided to give this one a try after I figured out that the combination of sandalwood, amber and musk worked well with my body chemistry. This definitely has that, but really has a strong floral. I kind of liked it, my husband really didn't. The after a few hours, figured out the rose smell was super strong. Kind of hard to find too, but if you like roses, you will like this one.

CaraMia
CaraMia

I think I could have purchased this one for the bottle alone. When I first saw it in a Manhattan store there was a magnificent display of dozens of golden suns and I knew I had to try it.

The notes listed here sound almost dolorous, but the fragrance is as sunny and warm as the name. The roses are budding beauties and the amber is warm. I have always loved the scent of wisteria and I enjoy this note in Soleil as it wraps itself around the sandalwood trellises.

Still adore that bottle!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fragonard Soleil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Fragonard Soleil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Soleil by Fragonard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Soleil by Fragonard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.