Designers » F-H » Chypre « Groups

VRAI Fragonard for women

VRAI Fragonard for women
dislike

herbal

VRAI is a wonderful blend of fresh notes of bergamot, verbena and lemon, with a heart of basil and cardamom, lighted with jasmine, thyme and mosses. .

It is available as 100 ml EDT

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Lemon Verbena

Cardamom Basil

Jasmine oak moss Thyme

Love in White

VRAI Fragrance Reviews

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

VRAI opens with a burst of sparkling sweet lemon on me, and stays so for the most part of its duration. It becomes slightly more herbal when it dries down, the moss and verbena being the most detectable to me. The moss here never overwhelms the breezy citrus, it just provides a solid base.

The longevity of VRAI is around 6 hours at best, and it stays close to skin.

I too am reminded of Annick Goutal Eau du Sud and Eau d'Hadrien when wearing VRAI, but VRAI feels more modern while the Goutals are more sophisticated. For those who are looking for a carefree and invigorating citrus, VRAI being a quite affordable option, is definitely worths a try.

StinkySally
StinkySally

You know how so many of us (well, moi at any rate) complain about top notes being harsh,or they're pleasant and then disappear forever in the abyss of desirable notes?

At first sniff, I thought "WTF, this is lemon?!" Was I impatient or what? First, the lemon is a good lemon, a Meyer sweet lemon. Then one perceives a sort of lemony custard scent, with some subtle Provençal herbs doing their dance. And something out and out sweet in there, too. Can jasmine ever be far away? At 30 minutes in, a perfect light citrus-sweet delicacy.

I'm think of using this as a fortified top note for a sweet white flower juice, since it's deeper than a top note and can bolster the sweet (and vice versa) through its evolution. It *might* work with something woody! but I'm thinking not.

Vrai is a splendid standalone or can be used as a spring fragrance enhancement/stabilizer.

Another stroke of olfactory genius from Fragonard.

nezi
nezi

I see a lot of reviews leaning more on the negative side. I don't know about everyone else but I love this scent and everyone else seems to love it on me too.

I was in France at the Fragonard Factory tour when the woman leading the tour gave us a sample of the VRAI body/hair beauty oil. I remember her saying how the oil was good for your skin, but all I was paying attention to was the scent. An hour later at the end of the tour, I loved it so much I bought the oil (not knowing there was also an EDT).

It is a burst of lemon (almost like a lemon starburst but not sweet) but then it quickly dries down to a pretty fresh warm floral spice. I pick up on the jasmine the most.

Its a great pick me up that will make you feel fresh, clean, and beautiful. My boyfriend loves this smell on me for spring/summer.

Disappointment! Lemon and verbena notes don't smell interesting in it, like all this fragrance in general, even boring.

lilou
lilou

Citrusy, clean and soapy. It reminds me of Nivea with lemon. I like clean fragrances when they are sweet. This one is too citrusy to me, too bad.

pom
pom

Eau de Cologne style last only 1 minute and gone !
No silage No lasting power. Stay hidden on skin. Perfect for gym scent

Do not expect too much compare to its price.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Squeeze one yellow lemon and let is stay for a day. Then you have the opening of this scent, which stay for 2 minutes. The dry down is all about denatured alcohol mixed with lemony whiff.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Vrai is a very lemony perfume. It reminds me of Annick Goutal's herbal fragrances, such as Eau du Sud and Eau d'Hadrien. I think Vrai might be even more beautiful. I can smell the oakmoss in it, kind of like O de Lancome, but it's more modern, simpler, and fresher. Lasting strength seems acceptable, better than Annick Goutal. I am crazy about cardamom. I do smell it in this perfume, although I personally wish it were stronger. Next time I need a fresh, herbal perfume, I will keep Vrai in mind.

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

Could somebody who knows "Vrai" please tell me howw is the drydown?
I am afraid the "loud" base notes (thyme + mosses) may overwhelm the whole freshness of the fragrance : it is the case ?

Thanks.

nonnative
nonnative

Very fresh and clean. Unfortunately there are so many hesperidate notes that it reminds me of the subtle scent left on your hands after you washed up with a lemony dish soap. I expected much more by such an old and famous house as fragonard.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Fragonard VRAI fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Fragonard VRAI, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify VRAI by Fragonard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of VRAI by Fragonard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.